PDA

View Full Version : Embarrassing - Giants Are The Better Team

SoCalFalcon
01-09-2012, 04:24 AM
I've never been more embarrassed to come back and say "good game". The Falcons were out-classed in this game. 38 years as a fan of the Falcons. I'm getting tired of this feeling at the end of the season.

Best of luck to you all. Fire away.

dave56dj
01-09-2012, 04:27 AM
No reason to rub it in. The game was enough im sure - nice of you to come back and wish us well.

The thing ive learnt in my 33 years as a fan is never get to high or to low. There are players there for sure. Always tough to lay an egg in the playoffs - we've been there before.

SoCalFalcon
01-09-2012, 04:33 AM
No reason to rub it in. The game was enough im sure - nice of you to come back and wish us well.

The thing ive learnt in my 33 years as a fan is never get to high or to low. There are players there for sure. Always tough to lay an egg in the playoffs - we've been there before.

Thanks

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-09-2012, 05:07 AM

Thanks

There you are! I made a post looking for you. Just busting your chops and it was made in good fun. You're always welcome here to come back and talk football whenever you want!

TheEnigma
01-09-2012, 05:16 AM
I've never been more embarrassed to come back and say "good game". The Falcons were out-classed in this game. 38 years as a fan of the Falcons. I'm getting tired of this feeling at the end of the season.

As much as I enjoyed the win as a Giants fan, the football fan in me really felt sorry for Matt Ryan on the sidelines. It's obvious that his team gave up once the score was 17-2. Really though, I place a lot of the blame for your loss on Mike Smith. The outcome and momentum of the game would of been much different had he just taken the 2 FG's. When you are on the road against a good team, you should take whatever points you can get to keep your tempo going.

All I can say is better luck next year man.

Spytheweb
01-09-2012, 05:42 AM
I don't think anyone has brought up this point, the last 2 Giant wins have been against teams who blasted TB the week before. These teams got fat and happy with victories over the Bay and may have thought they were better than they were.

Firenugget
01-09-2012, 07:46 AM
Nothing to be embarrassed about. To be honest you guys just happened to have some really bad timing. Giants have been building up a head of steam for a few weeks now and getting hot just at the right time. GB is about to find that out as well.[H]

DragonSoul
01-09-2012, 07:47 AM

Classy move to come back.

Ryan should be fine, but smith was horrible.

brad
01-09-2012, 07:58 AM

Class act to come back on the boards... Don't get too down, your team is only getting better. Their time will come!

jomo
01-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Don't beat yourself or your team up. Things are never as bad (or good) as they seem at the moment.

NYG 5
01-09-2012, 08:07 AM
GIVE THE BALL TO TURNER! if he insisted on having Ryan run the ball, he was better off having him run a bootleg. he's pretty quick, but his a big lanky guy, he has no center of gravity.

bandwgn86
01-09-2012, 08:41 AM

Probably a bad time to remind you of next years draft eh?

J/k... Thanks for the well wishes

giantyankee1976
01-09-2012, 08:43 AM
i doubt anyone rubs it in...you're a falcons fan, not the eagirls...

that said I'm glad my Team showed up and did what they did, but now they have to focus on the Packers and many of us Giants fans are doing likewise.

you guys may want to remind Smitty to "Pound that Rock" on 4th and shorts with a certain beastly RB though.

miked1958
01-09-2012, 09:45 AM
hey at least you were man enough to come back on here. The Eagles fans and some of the others run and dig a hole and disappear when its their turn to eat crow

nygsb42champs
01-09-2012, 09:46 AM
Thanks. Your head coach and his 4 and 1 decesions are a big problem.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 09:50 AM
We have been on the other side of this before, going1 and done3x since 2005. It sucks, especially when your team gets beat up like this. They seem lifeless. Pathers beat us bad back in 05'. Just know Ryan is a solid QB and will get better. You need a new coach though. Those 4th down calls were horrible and changed the tide in the game. Jones is going to be a star. Roddy white drops too many passes though.

stormin normand
01-09-2012, 09:54 AM
You had the class to come back, and at least bid farewell so you won't get too much abuse from those of us here.

I know the feeling. 45+ years a Giants fan long long periods of play off drought from the 60s to the 70s.

And last year up 3 tds mid way through the 4th... win and in we lose to a hated division rival and fail to make the playoffs all together

Good luck in the future (except when you play us :) )

Giantluvr1
01-09-2012, 09:55 AM
Class act!! Thanks for the best wishes

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 09:58 AM
Falcons fans have impressed me over the past week. You guy's have class. Thanks Guy's..

SweetZombieJesus
01-09-2012, 10:00 AM
Your coach has to learn to take points when they're on the table.

Keep your chin up, I think you have many of the pieces there, maybe bad coaching.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 10:08 AM
you guys will be back ... Jones is a serious talent and if you can get a few more years from John Abraham ... Rodgers will be a nice player for you

i didn't see enough of Matt Ryan this year to judge where he is at

the only word of advice from Giants land ... "you can never have enough pass rushers", so go draft some up

lnp12
01-09-2012, 10:17 AM
It's already been said, but thanks for coming back; shows a lot of class. I agree with what other people have said, you seem to have everything you need to make a playoff winning team except for maybe your coach. Poor Matt Ryan was trying to rally your troops but it just seemed like the whole team was dejected and discouraged when the score was 17-2. You guys are a team with a lot of talent and promise and really classy and mature fans. Best of luck to you guys next year.

yatitle
01-09-2012, 10:21 AM

Hey you are a class act. Don't see many of those on these boards and that includes Giants fans.

burier
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM

Must be nice to come back here so that us Giants fans can tell you why we beat your team as if you didn't watch the game yourself. (You seem to have more class than many posters here pretending to have class)

I think the game would have gone differently if you were playing the Cowboys if that's any consolation (Im sure its not)

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Falcons are going to be scary soon, I think a coaching staff change is in need for them. They almost look like us honestly. Great WRs set, nice running game, a lot better than ours IMO.