PDA

View Full Version : "Eat Salad" Audible

sg92
01-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Did anyone else hear Eli screaming "eat salad" as he was calling an audible in the first quarter yesterday?

Maybe we've finally replaced "Omaha"....

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times. Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.

u2good
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Listening from the TV I did hear "Omaha" quite a few times. But Eli was using "Omaha" once (instead of repeatedly) and right before the snap.

trenken311
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Listening from the TV I did hear "Omaha" quite a few times. But Eli was using "Omaha" once (instead of repeatedly) and right before the snap.

He was asked on WFAN last week what Omaha means, he said it's different in every game, and it's actually specific to each play, and wouldn't say what it means. He said it's a secret.

So if he wont say what it means, we'll never really know. It has to do with cadence, but we dont know what specifically.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
I heard it. Eat Salad? I was like "Did he just say Eat Salad?" WTF? Im sure he said something else but it sounded like Eat Salad. Glad someone else heard it.

Gav_devils#56
01-09-2012, 11:09 AM
Omaha is not an audible so much as it is a quick snap call. we were doing ok with getting the calls in so it wasn't used as much yesterday

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times.* Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.

haha, i thought it was Rico .... Rico, Rico, Rico, but then he did throw in an Omaha before the ball was snapped

the Omaha tourism board should write us a nice check or, at the very least, provide some corn on the cob for our Super Bowl BBQ this summer

BigBlue wins
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Or better yet, omaha steak company, haha

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times. Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.</P>

Hah!!! I remember talking back to the TV..."I don't know what Ringo is, but I hope it works".</P>

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 11:13 AM
And evidentally "Omaha", according to Collingsworth, is a call made when the clock is ticking down.

burier
01-09-2012, 11:16 AM
Eat salad?

I thought he was saying Goose Frabba

ashleymarie
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
haha....to my old ears it sounded like "egg salad".

EazyEManning
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
I thought he said East Sally

C1010
01-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I thought I heard "Eat Salad" also.

GOBIGBLUE52
01-09-2012, 12:08 PM
Maybe that's why Jacobs played so well yesterday, he was pissed at Eli for telling him to eat salad!

jhamburg
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Maybe that's why Jacobs played so well yesterday, he was pissed at Eli for telling him to eat salad!

LOL, Jacobs has never eaten a salad in his life.

YATittle1962
01-09-2012, 12:14 PM
And evidentally "Omaha", according to Collingsworth, is a call made when the clock is ticking down.

Omaha has multiple meanings depending on when he says it ...how many times he says it.....and what play is called

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 12:16 PM
Anything is better than "tossed salad" lmao.

http://www.rumproast.com/images/uploads/rim-shot-johnny-utah.jpg Ba Dum Tsshhhhhh

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 12:18 PM
I heard "east sally" and I thought it has to be a run right (east) - which is a little too simple to me.

burier
01-09-2012, 12:30 PM

Jacobs eats children

AntB
01-09-2012, 12:34 PM
He was just making suggestions for the post game meal.

jjj45
01-09-2012, 12:43 PM
oh man someones gotta make this as their screen name.

i dont remember hearing that. Does someone have any audio of it?

RedskinHater
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
At least you heard some thing ! I wear hearing aids
along with " TV Ears " and I can't hear **** ;-)

RedskinHater
01-09-2012, 12:50 PM
At least you heard some thing ! I wear hearing aids
along with " TV Ears " and I can't hear **** ;-)

Giants Of New Jersey
01-09-2012, 12:52 PM
omaha means to snap the ball on the next word i say other than omaha...i know that for a fact...go back and check everytime he says omaha during a play..especially when there is 3-5 seconds on the playclock..some other teams use omaha for this as well

sg92
01-09-2012, 12:53 PM
oh man someones gotta make this as their screen name.

i dont remember hearing that. Does someone have any audio of it?

Can't find it online yet - maybe someone will put it up. But I did run it a couple of times on my DVR just to make sure I wasn't hearing things. Pretty damn sure he was screaming "eat salad, eat salad"....

jimsgints
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM
I didn't hear that, but I think I heard "Ringo" quite a few times.* Makes me happy as a huge Beatles fan.
Yea me too, just saw Rain. Wow.. Thought I heard Ringo myself.

offingmoot
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
First time I heard the "eat salad" was back during that killer run in '08 when we beat pitt ravens etc. Haven't heard it since until yesterday.
My wife and I reference it every time we go out for dinner since 2008 so we were laughing are tails off yesterday when he broke it out again

TrueBlue07
01-09-2012, 02:03 PM
omaha means to snap the ball on the next word i say other than omaha...i know that for a fact...go back and check everytime he says omaha during a play..especially when there is 3-5 seconds on the playclock..some other teams use omaha for this as well

Mike Garafolo wrote an article on nj.com about this a few weeks ago.

This is in fact what it means.

DemandedAce
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
I KNEW I COULDN'T HAVE BEEN THE ONLY ONE THAT HEARD IT!!! I was pointing it out in the chatroom and people called me crazy! Haha, vindication!

NyGiants33
01-09-2012, 02:17 PM

this. I swear I heard it as "East Sally"

njersey
01-09-2012, 02:29 PM

But Eli said that Omaha has a different meaning each game. Who is correct, the announcer or the player? Hmmmmmm......

FlipNYG77
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM

I think JAcobs garnish his rare stake with salad

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:45 PM

</P>

eh, East Sally, Eat Salad, Beat Dallas,.... whatever. I heard Eat Salad though. Laughed my *** off. </P>

YATittle1962
01-09-2012, 02:47 PM

not a fact

Omaha means different things depending on how many times he says it.....what play is called.....and when in the cadence he says it

it often means the next snap count is live....but not always

sg92
01-09-2012, 05:43 PM
Now that that's resolved, I wonder what "eat salad" (or "east sally") means....

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2012, 05:45 PM
I think it was East something... lol Eat Salad bwhahaha [:D]

too funny...

NYG4lifeNYK
01-09-2012, 05:46 PM

</p>

eh, East Sally, Eat Salad, Beat Dallas,.... whatever. I heard Eat Salad though. Laughed my *** off. </p>

LOL beat dallas [:D]

TrueBlue10
01-09-2012, 07:16 PM
as several others have said, I distinctly heard East Sally.

doesn't make any more sense, but it sure is less ridiculous sounding =P

Itlan
01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
I prefer to toss salad.

keyofgmen
01-09-2012, 07:51 PM
It was definitely "Eat Salad"!! LOL!!

Next week it will be.....

"Melt Cheese"!!

dezzzR
01-09-2012, 08:00 PM
Did anyone else hear Eli screaming "eat salad" as he was calling an audible in the first quarter yesterday?

Maybe we've finally replaced "Omaha"....lol yea i herd that. pretty funny.

byron
01-09-2012, 08:45 PM
I recorded the game went back and looked its sounds something like this.... as he walks up to center he say..east east east , when over center ...east sally, east sally ,east sally 56 is mike 56 mike, omaha,set hut.... handoff to Ware who runs to the right side ...</P>

its hard to be sure that its east sally or east.....omaha setwas clear to me and the ball was snaped </P>

bandwgn86
01-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Did anyone else hear Eli screaming "eat salad" as he was calling an audible in the first quarter yesterday? Maybe we've finally replaced "Omaha"....not only is Eli a great QB he offers up healthy living tips to the opposing plumpers... he's a swell cat

bandwgn86
01-09-2012, 08:59 PM
It was definitely "Eat Salad"!! LOL!! Next week it will be..... "Melt Cheese"!!i was yellin 'rum and coke!!' during this game but there was no hidden meaning behind it :)

shotcalla39
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM

He was asked on WFAN last week what Omaha means, he said it's different in every game, and it's actually specific to each play, and wouldn't say what it means. He said it's a secret.t

So if he wont say what it means, we'll never really know. It has to do with cadence, but we dont know what specifically.

Yea I hear people complain that everyone knows what Omaha is and gives defenses a jump on our snap... But Eli said that's not true and he causes a lot of offsides which is true

Harooni
01-09-2012, 10:22 PM
He was yelling that to boothe that wasn't an audible.

TrueBlue10
01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
He was yelling that to boothe that wasn't an audible.

+1

another +1 for the salsa sig.

chuckedafter5yards
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I heard "eat salad" loved the call, makes everyone wonder WTF?
Next week, it's "Wednesday is Sunday" (at Carvel") and during the NFC championship game- "Fudgie the Whale" or perhaps "cookiepuss"

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I heard "eat salad" loved the call, makes everyone wonder WTF? Next week, it's "Wednesday is Sunday" (at Carvel") and during the NFC championship game- "Fudgie the Whale" or perhaps "cookiepuss"</P>

</P>

Well thats the thing... i dont think the Falcons were saying WTF at all... </P>

Its just my wild guess - but East means "right" the play was run right and stopped. </P>

No way to confirm that of course until Eli yells "West Willy" and they run left... </P>

BigBlueOnes
01-10-2012, 01:40 PM
OK guys, I got it. I sent it to my bud who's a forensics guy for an upstate PD (can't obviously tell you which town) but here's his response to me "...there's a clearly defined interruption between two words which are enunciated in a cadence to resemble one word, perhaps with an intent to confuse...the emphasis and reduction in pitch, along with sharp elevation in volume at the beginning of the second word marks it as the key word (what we call the "object" word in the business). The key word is RALLY. There is an emphasis at the beginning of the first word that is quite obscure, but metrics analysis and graphics show it to be a vowel, a Y. The first word is YEAST..." He goes on with other boring stuff. So there we go, it's frickin' YEAST RALLY. WHAT THE HECK IS YEAST RALLY???

sg92
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol "yeast rally".

I don't care what forensics says, I heard "eat salad"!

Wonder what's on the menu for next week's audibles. "Rare tuna"? "Fajita Burrito"?

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 03:27 PM
'East Alley'

blueomaha
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM
And evidentally "Omaha", according to Collingsworth, is a call made when the clock is ticking down.why is he so concerned about calling the NYG signals and no one else??...

Providence
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
OK guys, I got it. I sent it to my bud who's a forensics guy for an upstate PD (can't obviously tell you which town) but here's his response to me "...there's a clearly defined interruption between two words which are enunciated in a cadence to resemble one word, perhaps with an intent to confuse...the emphasis and reduction in pitch, along with sharp elevation in volume at the beginning of the second word marks it as the key word (what we call the "object" word in the business). The key word is RALLY. There is an emphasis at the beginning of the first word that is quite obscure, but metrics analysis and graphics show it to be a vowel, a Y. The first word is YEAST..." He goes on with other boring stuff. So there we go, it's frickin' YEAST RALLY. WHAT THE HECK IS YEAST RALLY???

That seems like a good use of tax dollars.

chasjay
01-10-2012, 04:03 PM

Okay, so we know that "Yeast" is involved - if he follows that with "Infection! Infection!", is he calling the defense a bunch of p*ss*es?

GCGiant
01-10-2012, 10:23 PM
I coulda swore I heard Romo say, "Merry Christmas" when he was calling cadence a week or so ago...

Eli TO Shockey
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
I coulda swore I heard Romo say, "Merry Christmas" when he was calling cadence a week or so ago...

no man. it was "Jessica Simpson"

Gmen2005
01-10-2012, 10:51 PM
http://a1.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/379418_683264151177_17603803_35006916_1029387623_n .jpg

This made me laugh so much.