PDA

View Full Version : Enigma's Mock 1.0

TheEnigma
12-31-2013, 02:23 PM
1. (12th) Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State - I've seen a lot of people on here talk about the fact that now we have so many needs, that our draft philosophy has to change, but the fact that we have had continued success in the 1st round with our current model (exception being Wilson) makes me believe we will stick with BPA in the 1st at least. We already have two solid corners in Prince and McBride BUT the former only has 1 more year remaining on his contract and the latter will be a FA this offseason. Even then, we have some older veterans that are stuck on IR (Ross and Webster) and TT who has had a less than stellar history with his own health and there is Hosley who has yet to develop. One of the most respected defensive units in the league, the Seahawks, builds from the back to the front and we could see more teams go in this direction.

2. (44th) Greg Robinson, OL, Auburn - I'm sure folks will think this is an impossible situation since he is rated in the 1st round as of now but most drafts have a healthy amount of OL ranked high before the combine/bowl processes. Other positions (particularly skill positions) will rise and as a result, some of the OL will drop into the 2nd. Robinson moves defenders with ease in the running game and maintains a good pad level when blocking. Auburn doesn't utilize too many pass plays in their scheme so their will be questions if Robinson can be an elite edge blocker but there is no reason he couldn't play RT or slip inside at OG to open holes in the running game.

3. (76th) Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech - Outside of some amazing blunder, it would be shocking if the Giants allowed Beason to leave in FA. They will probably give him a contract with a few years on it to solidify the MLB position. Williams has shown continued promise for the weakside linebacker job and Paysinger has also filled in admirably so my guess is the Giants will target the SOLB position instead. The Giants have shown they covet prospects who can rush the passer on 3rd down to fill in at this spot so look for someone like Attaochu to be our LB pick. He has issues controlling himself on the field at times but this coaching staff and locker room can work with him.

4. (108th) Marcel Jensen, TE, Fresno State - The Giants need a no nonsense blocker at TE to improve the running game that can also offer at least decent receiving ability. With proper development, maybe we can be rid of the likes of Bear Pascoes on this roster.

5. (140th) Marion Grice, RB, Arizona State - We need to add more RBs to the team since Wilson's status is still up in the air, Brown has injury history, and Cox is a question mark heading into 2014 with his development. Grice is a patient runner that shows exceptional ability as a receiver in the backfield. He would make a fine addition to a stable of RBs.

6. (172nd) Bruce Gaston, DT, Purdue - Several DTs on the Giants are heading into 2014 with questions regarding their future here whether it's pending free agency or age. Gaston offers the Giants depth at the 3tech position and can develop behind Cullen Jenkins.

7. (204th) Cassius Marsh, DE, UCLA - A solid player that could be a good ST contributor and situational player in the NFL.

Not all needs were addressed obviously and other spots would be fixed via FA (i.e. additional OL help).

Plaxicofan7
12-31-2013, 02:52 PM
I see no way Robinson gets out of the top 20, nevertheless our 2nd round pick.

I love the Dennard pick, and Attaochu is also a fine selection. Good mock.