PDA

View Full Version : Referee during the game needs to be reviewed by the league !!

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Did anyone stop and notice the black referee or linesman during the game (sorry dont know his name or #) If you watch the game again, he moved the ball 2 or 3 times that kinda went against us. I was joking to myself and said is this guy a falcons fan ?. Also the tackle by J Williams he threw the flag for unnecessary roughness, which to me was a horrible call.

I know he did not affect the result of the game and dont mean to call him out but did anyone notice.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
You are absolutely correct. Get used to it though, we play the Packers again next week. Phantom holding calls on us, and no holding on them vs our pass rushers. No PI on Nicks, and we will get illegal contacts by the dozen. Packers are protected in that NFL sheild, like the Pats and Saints.

sg92
01-09-2012, 11:14 AM
They get graded on every play, so if the league higher-ups agree, there will be consequences.

Some of the ball spots were outrageously bad.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
You are absolutely correct. Get used to it though, we play the Packers again next week. Phantom holding calls on us, and no holding on them vs our pass rushers. No PI on Nicks, and we will get illegal contacts by the dozen. Packers are protected in that NFL sheild, like the Pats and Saints.

exactly it will only get worse on the road, unfortunately, we need to get into road warrior mode and try not to let the bad calls affect us

and some of the phantom holdings ... i was thinking ... did Atlanta send tape to the league on us showing some holds we mighta got away with?

and the spotting was very weird ... i've never seen anything like that ... usually the linesman does the left foot / right foot thing and the ball is placed ... here we had them all standing around moving the ball forward and backward

is it possible the booth had them on the radio saying ... a little bit back, a little bit forward ... never saw anything like that

BigBlue2010
01-09-2012, 11:20 AM
That penalty on Williams needs to be shoved in Rodger's face this off-season. I'm ALL for protecting players but you still have to tackle. How that was unsportsmanlike but JPP getting rushed after a play wasn't, can't be defended.

As far as the Nicks PI, I wasn't that upset. DB's have to be able to do something out there. As far as the spot, whatnot, there were still far worse in NO-DET and DEN-PIT.

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Unnecessary roughness call by the same linesmen that was spotting the ball badly really had me mad.

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Another thing when Falcons o line play until the whistle is fine its football. My problem is they are pushing our guys from the back. I saw JPP and others getting pushed from behind ? that to me shouldnt be allowed.

Play until the whistle fine, but hit them fairly and not from behind when chasing down the play.

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 11:25 AM
As far as holding Giants o line were holding a lot thou to be fair.

I am sure our D line was held too but Diehl and them were struggling at times.

JesseJames
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
the only cure for all of these bad calls is to make ALL plays reviewable, no rules should allow an official to blow a call and effect the game and not be reviewable and until that happens we will continue to see garbage officiating like we all just saw..

Providence
01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
Not only did the refs give us terrible spots, but on the play just before the half when the ball was clearly spotted at least a full yard short of where Nicks caught it the booth didn't buzz down to initiate a review. That was in many ways even more unsettling. It was like the people policing the police were out to lunch too. Scary.