PDA

View Full Version : Overall great game !!

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 10:32 AM
I could nitpick a few things but the team played really good and best game of the year.
If we continue like this we could win the whole thing.

My biggest fear is Saints.

GMENAGAIN
01-09-2012, 10:38 AM
A far cry from your preseason 4-12 prediction!

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
In the last 3 weeksThe New York Football Giantshave put together 3 winning 60 minutes of football games! Hats off to the Gmen for playing to the whistle and showing more heart these last 3 weeks than all year combined. With that said I hope they do not get a swelled head and lay an egg in GB and I hope they keep comments about our upcoming opponents to themselves and not give any motivation to the other teams. With that said I would much rather face the 49ers than the Saints, and i live right near N.O. and know how loud that crowd can be. Went to the last 2 games the Gmen played there and we were TOTALLY embarrassed by the Saints. I believe we could beat the 49ers though.

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 01:45 PM

Your obviously ignorant where you keeping saying 4-12. I said 6-10
Get your facts straight.

What are you hoping that you will get people to see that I predicted them to have a losing record and embellish it ?

Man thats weak.

GMENAGAIN
01-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Get your facts straight.

What are you hoping that you will get people to see that I predicted them to have a losing record and embellish it ?

Man thats weak.

</P>

You said 4-12. Man up and admit it.</P>

Just making sure that your opinions are kept in the appropriate perspective . . . . . </P>

sheepdip
01-09-2012, 02:09 PM

Get your facts straight.

Man thats weak.

</p>

You said 4-12. Man up and admit it.</p>

Just making sure that your opinions are kept in the appropriate perspective . . . . . </p>

Dude go look up my old post. I am admitting that I predicted them to do bad but not at 4-12 it was 6-10 for the last time.

Man your pathetic, you follow my posts and keep posting that. Are you 10 ?

GMENAGAIN
01-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Get your facts straight.

Man thats weak.

</P>

You said 4-12. Man up and admit it.</P>

Just making sure that your opinions are kept in the appropriate perspective . . . . . </P>

Dude go look up my old post. I am admitting that I predicted them to do bad but not at 4-12 it was 6-10 for the last time.

Man your pathetic, you follow my posts and keep posting that. Are you 10 ?
</P>

LOL . . . do you even know what pathetic means? "Pathetic" is a poster who predicts a 4-12 season, creates weekly threads calling for the coaching staff to be fired even after the team wins more than twice the number of games he predicted, and then tries to deny his original prediction.</P>

I don't need tolook up yourpreseason prediction post -- I know what it said. If youwant to keep pretending it said something different, why don't you look it up?</P>

</P>

egyptian420
01-09-2012, 02:28 PM
I think it was a great game but the first half I gotta be honest, it was starting to look like the second skins game, when our D started off by getting us 2 picks but our offense just couldn't get going then eventually our D broke down.

Thankfully, that didn't last last night, thanks to Jacobs and that run game that opened up the passing attack. We're going to need that kind of run game against the packers next week for sure, score points and keep Rodgers off the field.

The D will also need to bring their A game.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
it was really great watching the D pitch a shut-out.
and even though some might say the falcons offense isn't all that great , they are still a playoff team and rolling a goose egg up on any nfl playoff team has gotta be an awesome feat of
accomplishment.

repeatchamps
01-09-2012, 03:20 PM
it was really great watching the D pitch a shut-out. and even though some might say the falcons offense isn't all that great , they are still a playoff team and rolling a goose egg up on any nfl playoff team has gotta be an awesome feat of accomplishment.</P>

They are a formidable offense. Jones had been on fire for several weeks. Michael Turner is the leading rusher in the NFL and Roddy White and Tony Gonzales are all-pro type players. The Falcons O-line started out slowly early in the year but really locked down the second half of the year and only gave up 26 sacks overall. Matt Ryan had a solid year as well. Make no mistake that defensive effort yesterday was a top 5 or even a top 3 all time performance in Giants home playoff history.</P>

UK-Giantsfan
01-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Sensational game ...... Flying back to England in about 1 hour after a spectacular time in New York City and a truly memorable game of Giants football !

Wish I could be in GB too next week

Go Giants

UK

burier
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
Was getting on my nerves up until we scored. Everything seemed very conjested for the O.

I'm screaming at Gilbridge to open the damn offense up.

We weren't running the ball well and the box was crowded. Sometimes you gotta just throw it up to get those defenders out of there so you can conduct your business.

But once we got rolling it was very fun to watch.

stormblue
01-09-2012, 04:30 PM
it was really great watching the D pitch a shut-out. and even though some might say the falcons offense isn't all that great , they are still a playoff team and rolling a goose egg up on any nfl playoff team has gotta be an awesome feat of accomplishment.</P>

They are a formidable offense. Jones had been on fire for several weeks. Michael Turner is the leading rusher in the NFL and Roddy White and Tony Gonzales are all-pro type players. The Falcons O-line started out slowly early in the year but really locked down the second half of the year and only gave up 26 sacks overall. Matt Ryan had a solid year as well. Make no mistake that defensive effort yesterday was a top 5 or even a top 3 all time performance in Giants home playoff history.</P>

in that case , it was even better than i thought

repeatchamps
01-09-2012, 05:08 PM

They are a formidable offense. Jones had been on fire for several weeks. Michael Turner is the leading rusher in the NFC and Roddy White and Tony Gonzales are all-pro type players. The Falcons O-line started out slowly early in the year but really locked down the second half of the year and only gave up 26 sacks overall. Matt Ryan had a solid year as well. Make no mistake that defensive effort yesterday was a top 5 or even a top 3 all time performance in Giants home playoff history.</P>

in that case , it was even better than i thought</P>

Here's the offensive numbers and rankings of the Falcons before yesterday's game:</P>

<U>Michael Turner</U> </P>

Rush Yards: 1,340</P>

NFL Rank: 3rd</P>

NFC Rank: 1st</P>

TD's: 11</P>

NFL Rank: 6th but just 1 TD behind 3rd best in the NFL.</P>

<U>Rod White</U></P>

Yards: 1,296</P>

NFL Rank: 8th</P>

Receptions: 100</P>

NFL Rank 2nd behind only Welker</P>

TD's: 8</P>

NFL Rank: 11th but just one behind 6th best in the NFL</P>

<U>Julio Jones</U></P>

Yards: 959 in just 13 games in just 54 receptions (17.8 per catch!)</P>

NFL Rank (Yards): 24th</P>

Yards/game: 73.8 in just 13 games</P>

NFL Rank 15th</P>

TD's: 8</P>

NFL Rank: 11th but just one behind 6th best in the NFL</P>

<U>Tony Gonzalez</U></P>

Yards: 875</P>

NFL Rank: 4th for TE's</P>

TD's: 7</P>

NFL Rank: 4th for TE's, 21st overall but just one behind 11th and two behind 6th</P>

Receptions: 80</P>

NFL Rank: 4th</P>

<U>Matt Ryan</U></P>

Completion %: 61.3</P>

NFL Rank: 11th</P>

Yards: 4,177</P>

TD's: 29</P>

NFL Rank: 6th</P>

NFL QB Rating: 92.2</P>

<U>Oline</U>:</P>

Allowed 26 sacks, 8th fewest in the league. Led the NFC's #1 rushing attack and the NFL's #3 attack.</P>

This should give you big time appreciation for the defensive performance by the Giants yesterday.</P>

</P>