PDA

View Full Version : Whenever you think we CAN'T win this upcoming game(s)...

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 11:36 AM
always remember '07: </P>

We beat the 'boys in Dallas after they had dominated us twice during that regular season. Once we beat them, I really thought we were winning it all. Just a strong vibe that something was something going on with the Giants that year. I honestly don't think we made a mistake that game.</P>

We beat the Pack in GB after they had walloped us during the regular season. Set up as Brett Favre's "last hurrah" on the frozen tundra of Lambeau field, we (IMO)outplayed that team in every facet of the game. It shouldnever have gone to OT. And we won it with our kicker doing something no one else had ever done -- kicked a 40+ at Lambeau field in January.</P>

Last, we beat the 18-0 Pats whohad a 3x SB winning QB in Brady; a future HOF coach; one ofthe highest scoring offenses ever;AND A BETTER DEFENSE THAN EITHERTHE '11 PACK AND SAINTS have. That wasone very good, veteran, defense that was completely overshadowed by Brady and the offense. The Pack and Saints do NOT have that D. </P>

Point being: we already accomplished the impossible 4 years ago with much of the same players, coaches, and mentality. I wasannoyed with this team by the middle of the season, but only because I saw too much talentand experience on this team to be floundering like we were. This team is now playing up to its ability and WHENEVER YOUTHINK THAT WE CAN'T BEAT THE PACK, SAINTS / 49ERS, AND THE AFC CHAMPS, JUST REMEMBER '07 WHICH WAS A HARDER ROAD (IMO). </P>

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
yeah i would say in 2007, we were probably given a 25% chance to beat TB, a 10% chance to beat Dallas, a 5% chance at frozen Lambeau and a 1% chance vs. the greatest team in history-1, so absolutely why not ... we were actually probably given a 60% chance vs. the birds and maybe we will be given a 15% chance vs. GB, so we are ahead of the game

lovetohatetheeagles
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
07 was so special... every week I just knew we were gonna win.

(This year is going to get interesting really fast once we beat GB - and we will!)

RonJon
01-09-2012, 12:11 PM
Have that same feeling this year. So many similarities between thsi year and 07 its scary. Weather won't be quite as bad as it was that night in 08 in GB. If Giants can run the ball the way they did in the 2nd half yesterday and the front four can pressure Rodgers, they've got a good chance

On the other side, last time the Pack receivers uncharacteristically dropped quite a few passes from Rodgers. Don't expect that to happen again