PDA

View Full Version : call me naive but i like

ryan12
01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 10:52 AM
one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago

OsiStrahan#1combo
01-09-2012, 10:57 AM
one thing that i like going into this game is that Aaron Rodgers has only played 1 great game in a month ... he lost to KC and has been off for 2 weeks ... but he did hang 5 TDs on da Bears 3 weeks ago

I will most CERTAINLY not go into into Sundays game thinking Rodgers is going to be "off". I hear what your saying but pretend like he just threw 5 TD's last week.

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 10:58 AM
our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game</P>

I like our chances, too. We finally have a D and a running game. This could be a VERY different outcome. I'm hoping Ross will be able play. </P>

I'm thinking 30 - 24 win for the Giants. Odds are that the Pack wins, but I think the Giants are going to pull this one out, 30 - 24.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 10:59 AM
We have a good chance, I like both team's chances and it will be a very good ball game.

If we play like we have been, if our defense steps like it has been, we will have a good ball game

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this game</P>

i like our chances because 4 weeks ago i would have said we had no chance at all.</P>

that said, this is a power house team and we're playing them at home as the defending SB champions.</P>

Anyone thinking we're not underdogs in this game is a little too excited about beating a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years, but i'll tell you this: i'm over the moon that our next game is against Green Bay and not the Saints.</P>

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:15 AM

I will most CERTAINLY not go into into Sundays game thinking Rodgers is going to be "off". I hear what your saying but pretend like he just threw 5 TD's last week.

yeah i wouldn't tell the players that and i fully expect him to perform at his best, but this league is a week to week league and you take whatever breaks come your way ... he's only human ... just saying that there could be a tiny bit of rust

OsiStrahan#1combo
01-09-2012, 11:34 AM

yeah i wouldn't tell the players that and i fully expect him to perform at his best, but this league is a week to week league and you take whatever breaks come your way ... he's only human ... just saying that there could be a tiny bit of rust

Sure absolutely.

burier
01-09-2012, 11:41 AM
We should have pitched in for a pair of tickets to Cabo and sent them to Rogers.

ryan12
01-10-2012, 10:50 AM
so who else like our chances this week?

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 10:53 AM
so who else like our chances this week?

I not only like our chances, I think we're gonna put a beating on 'em (yeah, I said it). We aren't the team they wanted to see walking into the (not so) frozen tundra.

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
so who else like our chances this week?</P>

i do. but not like i did against the falcons.</P>

that was a team that hasn't won a playoff game since vick was their QB.</P>

these guys are the defending Superbowl Champions.</P>

but we probably have a better chance at beating them than any other team in the conference except for maybe the saints.</P>

RonJon
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I also like our chances becuase of how the defense has been peaking the last 3 weeks. Osi's return has rejuvenated the entire defense. They can rely on the front four to provide the pass rush and let the LBs and safeties just worry about their coverage instead of blitzing so much. Also, the run gam has finally returned, which will make the play action more effective for Eli.
On the other side, the Packers are healthier too than they were that first game. Both starting LBs, Bishop and Hawk are back, and left tackle Chad Clifton is back as well. Also, Jennings will return this week after missing the last 4 games with a knee injury.
Bottom line I think the Giants have a load of confidence coming into this game after hanging with the Packers last time til the very end and will have a huge chip on their shoulders figuring that they should have won that one and have been dyiing ever since for another shot at them.

jgrangers11
01-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Not to keep making comparisons to 2007, but this feels a lot like that game in Dallas back in 2007. I remember feeling so much more confident going into that playoff game against Dallas than I did in either of the regular season games. I feel the same way today. Green Bay just doesn't feel like the unstoppable force they felt like in week 13.

Gav_devils#56
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
i like our chances against them more than i'd like our chances against the saints but i'm not particularly confident. i'm expecting a close loss, hope i'm wrong!

GMENAGAIN
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM

i like our chances because 4 weeks ago i would have said we had no chance at all.</P>

that said, this is a power house team and we're playing them at home as the defending SB champions.</P>

Anyone thinking we're not underdogs in this game is a little too excited about beating a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 4 years, but i'll tell you this: i'm over the moon that our next game is against Green Bay and not the Saints.</P>

</P>

+1</P>

I'll be over Pluto if we beat the Pack and the 49ers beat the Saints!</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
I think it's pretty much a consensus that the Giants have a chance against GB next week. I havent seen any analsyt so far say that GB is going to blow us out. Unlike how no one gave DEN a chance against PIT, most talking heads are sayign the giants have a shot in this game. </P>

This is a weird game where I can see us winning, but I can also see us getting blown out. </P>

davecrazy
01-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Green Bays BACKUP quarterback had a record setting day against a division rival/playoff team the last game of the season and they've had a week to rest.

This is probably the hardest game the Giants will have played since the Superbowl.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Green Bays BACKUP quarterback had a record setting day against a division rival/playoff team the last game of the season and they've had a week to rest.

This is probably the hardest game the Giants will have played since the Superbowl.

Yeah well the Lions suck. There was no excuse for a team playing for position letting backups tear them up and set records doing it. the QB wasn't the only backup playing that game, I believe they sat 10 starters. We're not the Lions.

ryan12
01-10-2012, 11:09 AM
we could have beat them week 13 but didnt i expect a W our swag is to much for them to handle... 3 week layoff for rodgers he might have a lil rust

ryan12
01-13-2012, 03:29 PM
go blue

gsp3
01-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Why do people mention which Giants' were out but not the Pack?

Pack had two of their starting O-line men out that week 13 game. Also their linebackers Desmond Bishop and AJ Hawk were out, two key players in stopping the run.

This is going to be a very, very difficult game. And if we can't get the run game going or pressure Rodgers into bad throws, its going to be a very long day...

miked1958
01-13-2012, 05:23 PM
our chances of beating the pack.. we saw them week 13 without osi. a non healty tuck and with nowere near the swag we have now... actually i love our chances. lts go blue cant wait for this gameWell to add to that we didn't have MM either. Also AB was out the 4 games prior to the GB game so he was not even close to fireing on all cylinders

jomo
01-13-2012, 05:27 PM
Why do people mention which Giants' were out but not the Pack? Pack had two of their starting O-line men out that week 13 game. Also their linebackers Desmond Bishop and AJ Hawk were out, two key players in stopping the run. This is going to be a very, very difficult game. And if we can't get the run game going or pressure Rodgers into bad throws, its going to be a very long day.........where is itwritten that we have to keep track of injured Packers as well? That would waste valuable time. [:)]

ryan12
01-19-2012, 11:37 AM
time to beat the niners.

JJC7301
01-19-2012, 11:44 AM
time to beat the niners.</P>

I feel real good about this one as well. I'm thinking 27-20, Giants. And that's being kind. They may win by more, but not less.</P>

JMGGIANTS
01-19-2012, 12:05 PM
The Giants offense is on a complete roll. The WR's are the best we have had in our history. We have multiple threats in Nicks, Cruz, Manningham. Our running game is theres. Eli is miles ahead of Smith. Our D has come together and our D Line can't be stopped.</P>

Yes I am confident. Nodon't call itbeing overconfident because I base my confidence on the facts above.</P>

Final score Giants 34, 49ers17</P>