PDA

View Full Version : A play that has to be removed from the offfense. The shotgun 1 yard pass? Really?

Warchild
01-09-2012, 11:53 AM
By far I think it is was the worst thing to come out of the game on Sunday. So instead of being "predictable" and running the shotgun draw, Gilbridge changed the play into the shotgun 1 yard pass?

I'm all for new plays, but that play is even worse than the shotgun draw.

It has disaster written all over it, we should never run that play again!

hadenough
01-09-2012, 11:58 AM
By far I think it is was the worst thing to come out of the game on Sunday. So instead of being "predictable" and running the shotgun draw, Gilbridge changed the play into the shotgun 1 yard pass?

I'm all for new plays, but that play is even worse than the shotgun draw.

It has disaster written all over it, we should never run that play again!

Gilbride is by far the worst play designer of screens and that stupid thing.

I have no idea why he doesn't study teams that runs those plays well and design his...just like theirs.

That play has disaster written all over it.

T-Murda84
01-09-2012, 01:20 PM
When u have Diehl and Mckenzie as ur Tackles, I would design Shotgun 1 yard passes too so I can at least get the ball out of Manning's hand before he gets clobbered.

I dont understand what kind of plays we can design when our Oline cant block in the passing game or even the running game. OUR BIGGEST RUNS come from the Shotgun formation where we use deception nire than brute force. The only time we are lucky to get a big run undercenter, it comes from Ahmad Bradshaw making a beautiful cut.

HAKEEM NICKS was blocking better than our Offensive Line. Watch Hakeem Nicks spring big runs time and time again last night. Alot of people do not like what I say because its the truth and harsh reality. This offensive line is the Achilles heel of this team. Now that our Defense is coming together, the Offensive Line has been the weak link. I think Mitch Petrus needs to be in the lineup somewhere. ProFootballFocus even rates Diehl and Mckenzie and some of the worst tackles to play the game.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-09-2012, 01:40 PM
The play worked well in the second half. It's a read play by Eli. If he sees the LBers drop deep into zones, dump it off to the RB, let him make one DL miss and get some good yardage. </P>

</P>