PDA

View Full Version : Osi to Baltimore for their 1st makes the most sense

Warchild
01-09-2012, 11:03 AM
IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher.

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I'd do it, take a LBer, put Kiwi in his respected spot

burier
01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Baltimore is not giving us their first for Osi.

We'd all do it in a minute which tells you they'd never do it.

BlueSanta
01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
We couldnt get a 1st rounder last year for Osi, so gettting 1 this year isnt gonna happen either.

Furthermore since he has 1 year left on his deal, any trade for Osi would require a new contract for him from the new team. This makes trading hi that much harder since his contract demands are very high and whoever signed him would have to bear the brunt of guaranteed money.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
a drunk 12 yr old playing madden wouldn't give you a 1st for Osi.</P>

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy. he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.</P>

Osi's over 30, has one year left on his contract, and isn't very healthy.</P>

He value isn't going up each week, regardless of how he plays, it's going down.</P>

if we get a 4th for him, i'd take that in a heartbeat and run before they change their mind....</P>

jhamburg
01-09-2012, 11:14 AM

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy.* he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.</P>

He value isn't going up each week, regardless of how he plays, it's going down.</P>

if we get a 4th for him, i'd take that in a heartbeat and run before they change their mind....</P>

I'd say it's a "Raiders or nobody" trade

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 11:14 AM
I'd do it, take a LBer, put Kiwi in his respected spotAbsolutely, I've been saying it all year. Make that trade and get our stud linebacker in the draft. It's about time.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Baltimore is not giving us their first for Osi.

We'd all do it in a minute which tells you they'd never do it.

haha exactly, Osi is more valuable to us than to another team ... the absolute best another team might do is a 3rd, so as long as he is happy we are probably better off keeping him ... to me his insubordination was his way of negotiating ... i would like us to work something out

and i'm not sure why we are so anxious to move Kiwi back to full time DE ... he's done a great job at LB ... we could be solid at LB next year ... Goff, Kiwi, Boley, Williams and certainly we will draft another LB and probably during the 1st 3 rounds

burier
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy.* he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.</P>

nicely put

Coach Carter
01-09-2012, 11:23 AM
IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher.

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.

I would trade you for roadkill.

jhamburg
01-09-2012, 11:27 AM

I would trade you for roadkill.

No matter how much you like Osi, you realize there's no chance of him getting another contract here, right? He'll only be here for another year max. I would easily take a 1st rounder and have him for 10+ years vs. 1 year of Osi.

lawl
01-09-2012, 11:32 AM

Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick.

If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.

RagTime Blue
01-09-2012, 11:33 AM
Next year Osi will be inspired by his upcoming Free Agency to play some of the best football in his life. I'd rather he did it as a Giant.

Then let the bidding war take place after next season. Osi finds out what he's worth. . .hopefully even more than he's hoping for.

Our compensation should be worth at least a 4th rounder for him by the league (which is like an early 5th).

BTW: Kiwi's doing great at LB. I wouldn't move him.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 11:36 AM

it's like my dad trying to sell his 86' caddy. he thinks its worth literally 10x what its actually worth because he's selling it.</P>

Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick. If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.</P>

i hear ya, but if we're getting a 4th either way, i'd rather be free of the distraction, hold out from camp, chatter to the press about not getting paid, blah, blah, blah.</P>

</P>

lawl
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM

Not worth trading him for a 4th rounder at all. If we keep him and he leaves as a FA we probably get a 4th as a comp pick. If we arent getting at the very least a 2nd rd pick for Osi then it's just not worth trading.</P>

i hear ya, but if we're getting a 4th either way, i'd rather be free of the distraction, hold out from camp, chatter to the press about not getting paid, blah, blah, blah.</P>

*</P>

Right well we had all that this offseason and were in the playoffs now and he's making plays for us and if we want to keep winning we'll need more big plays from him.

The bs in the offseason has nothing to do with play on the field.

NYSPORTS
01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
The Giants aren't trading Osi for a 4th. Com'on people.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM

</P>

OMG, we could get that for Tolly! That would be the worst trade the Giants ever made! Osi for a 4th??!?!!I dont get why everyone thinks Osi isnt worth a peice of gum. He has 10 sacks in 10 games this season. Is a proven pass rusher. A team lacking an elite pass rusher who already has a playoff team should do that. Ravens or Pats come to mind. Pats have 2 1st rounders. He is 30, not 40. Strahan was stilllights out at 36. Obviously injuries are a concern, but look at what teams fork over for UNPROVEN guys like Kolb. Eagles got a 1st and 2nd rounder for a backup QB! </P>

If I was Reese I wouldnt trade for anything less then a 2nd and 5th. Shockey pulled that in and he was always injured. Osi is still an elite pass rusher when healthy. 10 sacks in 10 games. All you need to know. </P>

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 11:45 AM
Really, it just makes sense for Osi and JR to make peace. We wouldn't get a pick worth trading him for; $3.5 mil (which I believe is what he makes per year) is affordable for a DE of his caliber; and nobody else is going to give him a huge extension anyway.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 11:50 AM

*</P>

it's a trade off ... i think we did the right thing with him this year ... he huffed and puffed, but at the end of the day, he had to play to maintain his value in the league and now we are reaping the benefits of that

i think our team is mature enough to deal with Osi and in a way i don't blame him for trying to get some money at this point ... he's already hit the 30 mark, which is an automatic drop in value and he's been injured frequently ... im sure his agent pointed out that his value is going down steadily and the sooner he can get a new deal the better

there is absolutely no way he doesn't play next year in his contract year ... even though we don't have to give him a penny more than what his contract for ... maybe we throw him a few bucks and he plays his heart out trying to get one final nice contract somewhere

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Really, it just makes sense for Osi and JR to make peace. We wouldn't get a pick worth trading him for; $3.5 mil (which I believe is what he makes per year) is affordable for a DE of his caliber; and nobody else is going to give him a huge extension anyway.</P>

I actually heard he gave JR a bear hug after the Cowboys win. Not sure where I heard it, but I did. </P>

Wes
01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
We couldnt get a 1st rounder last year for Osi, so gettting 1 this year isnt gonna happen either.

Furthermore since he has 1 year left on his deal, any trade for Osi would require a new contract for him from the new team. This makes trading hi that much harder since his contract demands are very high and whoever signed him would have to bear the brunt of guaranteed money.

</P>

</P>

no one wanted to give a 1st last year because they were unsure about osi's health and how well he'd come back from it.</P>

9 games, 9 sacks....we might get a 1st if there is a team who thinks theyre one good pass rusher away from a SB.</P>

Def get a 2nd but itd have to be more than just a 2nd to get him away</P>

his production is a guaranteed 10-15 sacks</P>

he has at least 3 good years left</P>

hes one of the better pass speed rushers in the league</P>

there is a team out there, i dunno, patriots maybe ... that knows all too well what osi can do, who has extra picks....2 1st rounders...brady isnt getting any younger</P>

browns, if they go out and sign flynn and draft blackmon why not get a pass rusher and be a contender?</P>

just saying there are alotr of teams in the playoffs this year with poor defenses that may feel they are one good passrusher away</P>

burier
01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't trade him for a fourth but thats the best we'd get for him Maybe if Al Davis was still around we could pull a fast one but..

I think if we prop up the last year of his contract with some bonus money we might be able to work it out.

But Osi could pull a shockey and force our hand and we'll take a 4th just to get rid of the headache.

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 12:29 PM

I would trade you for roadkill.THIS!!! You people are a ridiculous, you can't even enjoy the playoff's without this dump Osi BS. 10 sacks in 10 games as another poster said, that's all you have to know.

jomo
01-09-2012, 12:33 PM

Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.This is what you are most interested in discussing today? How about "dump Coughlin" or "dump Gilbride". How do questions like this work their way up your list of Giants priorities at this very moment in time???

burier
01-09-2012, 02:54 PM

</P>

*</P>

no* one wanted to give a 1st last year because they were unsure about osi's health and how well he'd come back from it.</P>

9 games, 9 sacks....we might get a 1st if there is a team who thinks theyre one good pass rusher away from a SB.</P>

Def get a 2nd but itd have to be more than just a 2nd to get him away</P>

his production is a guaranteed 10-15 sacks</P>

he has at least 3 good years left</P>

hes one of the better pass speed rushers in the league</P>

there is a team out there, i dunno, patriots maybe ... that knows all too well what osi can do, who has extra picks....2 1st rounders...brady isnt getting any younger</P>

browns, if they go out and sign flynn and draft blackmon why not get a pass rusher and be a contender?</P>

just saying there are alotr of teams in the playoffs this year with poor defenses that may feel they are one good passrusher away</P>

Al Davis on all honesty wouldn't give us a first for Osi.

there are no teams who feel they are one pass rusher away.

Look at the playoff teams. (If you weren't in the playoffs you don't think youre one player away.)

Between the remaning 10 are there any the need a pass rusher?

I don't think there are.

Some of you are drastically overvaluing the guy.

nygsb42champs
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Can we at least wait until the season is over before we start the Osi trade thoughts again.

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 03:04 PM
IF we have to trade him, I think Baltimore makes the most sense. They had shown interest in him this past offseason and know the value of an elite passrusher. Maybe we have to swap out a 5th or 6th rounder as well, but I think it makes the most sense as they will have a late round 1st round draft choice and Osi could make that defense even better.</P>

Osi is worth a 3rd or 4th at best.</P>

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I think everyone realized that no one will give you a first for Osi. Osi would be trade bait plus maybe two other spots to get the Linebacker that we need.

I can't even imagine adding an exceptional linebacker to that unit...oh my god, that would be nuts.

Kingb50
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Dont they run a 3-4

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 03:18 PM

</P>

Right well we had all that this offseason and were in the playoffs now and he's making plays for us and if we want to keep winning we'll need more big plays from him. The bs in the offseason has nothing to do with play on the field.</P>

the bs always has a big chance to have an effect on the field. </P>

i'mnot afraid of trading awaytalent for a more cohesive team.</P>

</P>

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 03:30 PM

*</P>

Right well we had all that this offseason and were in the playoffs now and he's making plays for us and if we want to keep winning we'll need more big plays from him. The bs in the offseason has nothing to do with play on the field.</P>

the bs always has a big chance to have an effect on the field.* </P>

i'm*not afraid of trading away*talent for a more cohesive team.</P>

*</P>The only effect Osi is having on the field, is positive and energizing. They are playing at a high level of cohesion. The off season bs is business, when the season starts Osi is 100% effort. 10 games, 10 sacks enough said.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 03:37 PM

</P>

</P>

The only effect Osi is having on the field, is positive and energizing. They are playing at a high level of cohesion. The off season bs is business, when the season starts Osi is 100% effort. 10 games, 10 sacks enough said.</P>

it might be enough for you, it's not enough for me.</P>

i'd rather give his money to kiwi.</P>

Osi's not the same player anymore. he's got talent out the wh***u, but he's spending as much time playing as he does on the injury report, i don't like the offseason drama and i'd rather have Kiwi, Tolly, JPP and Tuck has our rotation and save the $7 million a season that Osi thinks he deserves.</P>

giantsfan39
01-09-2012, 03:41 PM
Yup. They totally need a pass rush and Osi will provide that for them.

Oh wait their OLB Suggs is one of the best in the game and up for DPOY.

rcrane082985
01-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Why are u guys making these threads now? And everyday.. Jesus

Morehead State
01-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Why are u guys making these threads now? And everyday.. Jesus</P>

So guys like you can obsess so much as to respond in this way.</P>

</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 03:54 PM

</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

titwio
01-09-2012, 04:11 PM

No way I'd give up Osi for a 4th round pick...Osi is still an elite pass rusher and pass rushers are valued very high in the NFL.

Reese can definitely get more and there are a lot of teams who'd be interested in a speed rusher.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 04:18 PM
if we get a 4th for him, i'd take that in a heartbeat and run before they change their mind....

</P>

No way I'd give up Osi for a 4th round pick...Osi is still an elite pass rusher and pass rushers are valued very high in the NFL. Reese can definitely get more and there are a lot of teams who'd be interested in a speed rusher.</P>

i would agree with you if Osi was signed for 3 or 4 years.</P>

but he's not, and he's made it really clear what kind of contract he's interested in (one like Charles Johnson in Carolina).</P>

Unless he gets to test the free agent market, i don't see why he'd come down off that price,and why would a GM pay the guy $7-$10 million a season whenhe's 30 and on an off the field with injuries?</P>

If i'm a GM, iwouldn't give up a 1st to 3rd round draft pick AND sign the guy for $8 million a season, when ihave a decentchance (say 30%) of waiting a year and then letting the market knock his price down and keep my draft pick no matter what happens.</P>

JesseJames
01-09-2012, 04:35 PM
in my opinion the only reason Osi is playing right now is that he wants to show other teams what he's got to improve his chances for a trade...other wise he'd still be sitting on the sidelines holding a clipboard or riding the bike....

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 04:39 PM
in my opinion the only reason Osi is playing right now is that he wants to show other teams what he's got to improve his chances for a trade...other wise he'd still be sitting on the sidelines holding a clipboard or riding the bike....</P>

+1</P>

and i think that works right now.</P>

i don't know if it works next year. if he misses more games in his contractyear because of injury, what happens to his market value?</P>

this year he needed to show he's back from his surgery.</P>

next year, i'll be stunned if he plays.</P>

if i were his agent, i wouldn't let him play.</P>

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 04:47 PM

*</P>

*</P>

The only effect Osi is having on the field, is positive and energizing. They are playing at a high level of cohesion. The off season bs is business, when the season starts Osi is 100% effort. 10 games, 10 sacks enough said.</P>

Osi's not the same player anymore.* he's got talent out the wh***u, but he's spending as much time playing as he does on the injury report, i don't like the offseason drama and i'd rather have Kiwi, Tolly, JPP and Tuck has our rotation and save the $7 million a season that Osi thinks he deserves.</P>Since you're not the GM/management, who cares what you rather do, that will be worked out in the off season by JR and Osi. In the mean time Osi is second only to Jared Allen in sacks per attempts this year. We get it you don't like Osi.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 04:54 PM

</P>

</P>

Osi's not the same player anymore. he's got talent out the wh***u, but he's spending as much time playing as he does on the injury report, i don't like the offseason drama and i'd rather have Kiwi, Tolly, JPP and Tuck has our rotation and save the $7 million a season that Osi thinks he deserves.</P>

Since you're not the GM/management, who cares what you rather do, that will be worked out in the off season by JR and Osi. In the mean time Osi is second only to Jared Allen in sacks per attempts this year. We get it you don't like Osi.</P>

you keep responding to my posts about osi and referencing them in other threads so i'd say you care.</P>

and no, i don't particulary like Osi. i don't think he sucks, i think he can contribute to any team he plays on, but he started complaining about his contract the day we signed Tuck to a bigger deal than he got, and he's been chomping at the bit for more money every since.</P>

he's entitled to do exactly what he has and will do to get the biggest contract possible, but given our current roster i hope we don't participate in the osi sweepstakes unless he gets his head out of the clouds.</P>

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 05:11 PM

*</P>

*</P>

Osi's not the same player anymore.* he's got talent out the wh***u, but he's spending as much time playing as he does on the injury report, i don't like the offseason drama and i'd rather have Kiwi, Tolly, JPP and Tuck has our rotation and save the $7 million a season that Osi thinks he deserves.</P>

Since you're not the GM/management, who cares what you rather do, that will be worked out in the off season by JR and Osi. In the mean time Osi is second only to Jared Allen in sacks per attempts this year. We get it you don't like Osi.</P>

you keep responding to my posts about osi and referencing them in other threads so i'd say you care.</P>

and no, i don't particulary like Osi.* i don't think he sucks, i think he can contribute to any team he plays on, but he started complaining about his contract the day we signed Tuck to a bigger deal than he got, and he's been chomping at the bit for more money every since.</P>

he's entitled to do exactly what he has and will do to get the biggest contract possible, but given our current roster i hope we don't participate in the osi sweepstakes unless he gets his head out of the clouds.</P>Yes that's up to JR to negotiate a resonable deal that works for all parties involved. Jr is not going to trash his budget for any one. There are plenty of over paid players with much less talent than Osi on the Giants, especially on the Ol.

rcrane082985
01-09-2012, 05:22 PM

*</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

Just seems really fkkn dumb...giants are playing well right now, osi is playing well. We're in the process of making a superbowl run..and you guys wanna talk about what players, who are big pieces right now, that you guys want gone? Jesus

redbeardxxv
01-09-2012, 05:29 PM

Makes sense to you, but not to anyone else. Least of all, Baltimore. We couldn't get a first for him last year, and we won't this year either. He's a bit long in the tooth, often injured, and often disgruntled.
He will be traded this year, but if we get more than a 2 for him, the NYG FO would deserve jail time for the crime. Second and a fifth, 2 jock straps and a deflated basketball. See ya in St Louis....

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 05:30 PM

*</P>

</P>

LOL</P>

Just seems really fkkn dumb...giants are playing well right now, osi is playing well. We're in the process of making a superbowl run..and you guys wanna talk about what players, who are big pieces right now, that you guys want gone? JesusThank you.

BeatYale
01-09-2012, 06:42 PM

Nobody is giving up a 1st rounder for Osi.

B&RWarrior
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
I say keep Osi. We'll never get what he's worth. The problem is Osi want's to start. so he's gone when he's a free agent no matter what.