PDA

View Full Version : Not a Big Fan of the 2007 Comparisons, But . . . .

GMENAGAIN
01-09-2012, 11:19 AM
. . . . I absolutely love the one similarity between yesterday's win and the 2007 run . . . . BALL PROTECTION. </P>

If we protect the ball and limit our turnovers,we can beat anyone. I know that this is somewhat of a"Captain Obvious" observation, but the reason why Eli had such a great playoff run in 2007 was because he protected the ball. The reason why he had a down year last year was that he didn't protect the ball. </P>

We lost to GB by three points this year in a game where Eli threw a pick six. </P>

I love our chances if we go into GB on Sunday and don't turn it over . . . . . </P>

</P>

gumby742
01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
. . . . I absolutely love the one similarity between yesterday's win and the 2007 run . . . . BALL PROTECTION. </P>

If we protect the ball and limit our turnovers,we can beat anyone. I know that this is somewhat of a"Captain Obvious" observation, but the reason why Eli had such a great playoff run in 2007 was because he protected the ball. The reason why he had a down year last year was that he didn't protect the ball. </P>

We lost to GB by three points this year in a game where Eli threw a pick six. </P>

I love our chances if we go into GB on Sunday and don't turn it over . . . . . </P>

</P>

</P>

We also need to run the ball imo. I don't ask to run the ball well. Just run it - average. 3 yards a carry is good enough for me. We still can't afford to get in a shootout with Green Bay. We gotta play smart and milk the clock. It scares me when we go 3 and out and take 2 minutes off the clock.</P>