PDA

View Full Version : Clay Matthews

RonJon
01-09-2012, 12:24 PM
He's the one guy on GB's defense that I think is a difference maker. Guy is an animal. Remember his INT for a TD in the first game. He saw Eli looking at Bradshaw and just flew to the ball and took it to the house.

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 12:34 PM
He's the one guy on GB's defense that I think is a difference maker. Guy is an animal. Remember his INT for a TD in the first game. He saw Eli looking at Bradshaw and just flew to the ball and took it to the house.

I'm hoping they bait him with the same type of look and then go over his head to Ballard.

MikeIsaGiant
01-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Scared of him on defense, and even Woodson,

scf424
01-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Luckily we seem to defend better against 3-4 OLBs than 4-3 DEs.

If Eli gets time, he will shred any defense with that trio of receivers and Ballard working the middle.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 12:49 PM
also he patrols the right side of the offense and thats the side the Giants have had the most success in rushing. So that will be a battle right there. Gotta get Boothe and Deihl to get the left side up to speed...</P>

Matthews is their best defender. he makes the game changing plays week in and week out. </P>

Cant wait till next sunday....</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
01-09-2012, 01:21 PM
GB has a few very good players on that defense, it's actually very surprising that they've had so much trouble stopping opponents all year. </P>

Clay Matthews, Charles Woodson, BJ Raji, Tramon Williams are all very good players. </P>

They have alot of beef up front with Raji, Pickett and Wynn. It'll be important for the OL to move these guys off their spot to keep the running game going. </P>

DelawareGiants
01-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Agree they have some very good players there but would love to keep their offense off the field with some nice long drives with a good mix of run/pass like we did esp in second half vs the Falcons. Lets tire out them big boys up front.

TroyArcher
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Scared of him on defense, and even Woodson,</P>

</P>

Thankfully Eli isn't. Hed put up 35 on Matthews an company just a few weeks ago. Since then the Giants D has gotten much better. Can't say the same for the Packers.</P>

DemandedAce
01-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Shields and Woodson are both risktakers in the secondary as well, Eli has to keep his head on a swivel and not telegraph any passes otherwise we could have a long one. I think he's prepared though and it's going to be another high flying affair

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Oh yeah, clay is something to be afraid of for sure. He's going to make plays, we can't prevent that, but if we can limit the damage from his plays, that may be the best we can do. (no int's returned for td's) NYG has to be the team with the game changers next Sunday.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 02:33 PM
Oh yeah, clay is something to be afraid of for sure. He's going to make plays, we can't prevent that, but if we can limit the damage from his plays, that may be the best we can do. (no int's returned for td's)<FONT color=#000080 size=4> NYG has to be the team with the game changers next Sunday</FONT>.</P>

well put....</P>

</P>