PDA

View Full Version : Why would someone not want Pacman because of his arrests..

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 06:53 PM
But then beg for Reese to pick up Briggs when Briggs sold out his own team based mostly on lack of salary? Why would we even want someone who is money hungry like Briggs?

It's people like Briggs who ruin the whole meaning of football. Back then people would play and then have a second job just to live.

If you work at McDonalds, would you expect a raise if you flipped more bugers than anyone else? Then why should Briggs be *****ing about his current situation? Your team just went to the Super Bowl, STFU.

Cyrano Jones
03-13-2007, 06:56 PM
But then beg for Reese to pick up Briggs when Briggs sold out his own team based mostly on lack of salary? Why would we even want someone who is money hungry like Briggs?

It's people like Briggs who ruin the whole meaning of football. Back then people would play and then have a second job just to live.

If you work at McDonalds, would you expect a raise if you flipped more bugers than anyone else? Then why should Briggs be *****ing about his current situation? Your team just went to the Super Bowl, STFU.
</P>

This thread makes no sense whatsoever - Pacman is a thug and been arrested or questioned by the police 10 times since he has been drafted by the Titans. Briggs is just rying to get off the franchise tag and get a long term deal - He's trying to get a better deal, how does that make him as bad as a felon?</P>

frinensi
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
i guess you didnt actually say that

Eli'sturn
03-13-2007, 06:57 PM
Briggs did not EVER sell out his team or teammates, he sold out the Bears FO. He wants money, he did not beat the crap out of a stripper and have his friend shoot the bouncer. There is a HUGE difference. Adam Jones is a scumbag loser and they should kick him out of the league.

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:00 PM

</p>

This thread makes no sense whatsoever - Pacman is a thug and been arrested or questioned by the police 10 times since he has been drafted by the Titans. Briggs is just rying to get off the franchise tag and get a long term deal - He's trying to get a better deal, how does that make him as bad as a felon?</p>I didn't say he was AS bad, but there's jokers on this board much like yourself who contradict yourself all the time.

Briggs is money hungry, he's asking for much more money than he's getting and Chicago won't give it to him.

You support Briggs, yet I remember two years ago when you trashed Plaxico non-stop for leaving NEw York without a contract.

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Briggs did not EVER sell out his team or teammates, he sold out the Bears FO. He wants money, he did not beat the crap out of a stripper and have his friend shoot the bouncer. There is a HUGE difference. Adam Jones is a scumbag loser and they should kick him out of the league.

I agree, but I wouldn't want someone selfish on the team either.

Bascially, Briggs just went to the Super Bowl, and now he wants more money? Isn't he making like 6-8 Million a year? It would sound a little bit better had he asked ror that AFTER winning the Super Bowl.

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
i guess you didnt actually say that
Oh well, you can go back to making unfunny fake threads about what Jacobs says, or maybe bump the useless/unfunny Seawright thread.

turnhead&coughlin
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Gorgoroth this has to be the dumbest idea i have ever seen. Pacman is a huge distraction off the field and deserves to be in jail at this point. Briggs has never gotten in trouble off the field and just wants a better deal because the franchise tag screws the player over. These 2 players should not even be compared.

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Jesus...

I'm not saying we should get Pacman, I'm saying how people could not want him for what he does off the field, but then tolerate the fact that Briggs is being emo and unprofessional by calling out the FO of his team because he wants more money.

He hasn't done anything spectacular to get more than what most linebackers in the NFL get. Hell, Urlacher is better, I don't see him complaining..he's one of the best on the team.

We've seem to always have issues with handing out money, why should we even bother with Briggs? He's like a child who just had his lollipop taken away.

turnhead&coughlin
03-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Briggs is one of the elite linebackers in the league and he knows the franchise tag screws him over. It gives him basically no gauranteed money so if he gets hurt this year then he is just out of luck. Id be doing the same thing if i was him

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Briggs is one of the elite linebackers in the league and he knows the franchise tag screws him over. It gives him basically no gauranteed money so if he gets hurt this year then he is just out of luck. Id be doing the same thing if i was himBut this was before they put the franchise tag on him. He wanted out because they wouldn't pay him more. After he went public, they slapped the franchise tag on him.

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:29 PM

you are a complete idiot, honestly, worst post ever...so basically you think that all the players should make little money, and the same money...and the owners should continue to make hundreds of millions of dollars a season...yea makes sense

turnhead&coughlin
03-13-2007, 07:31 PM
thomas got over 7 mil a year from the patriots along with a 20 million dollar signing bonus, and last year briggs was offered just over 5 a year with a lot less gauranteed money- in todays market he deserves more than that and he knows it

JerseyGiant21
03-13-2007, 07:35 PM
no to pacman
no to brigggs
Let the bears tell briggs to sit on his *** for the whole year if he wants to whine about the tag.
cheers!

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM
briggs has been playing, and making the pro bowl, on his 3rd round rookie contract, whihc is pretty much the league min. so he doesn't complain under that contract cause thats how things work, then last year the bears try and sign him long term but they lowball him, so he says no i'll wait for free agency...then hes one of the top 3 players on a super bowl team, 26, made two pro bowls, and in no way has lifetime financial security.....then the bears tag him when they told him they wouldn't last offseason...now hes looking at a one yr contract when if he was treated fairly he'd be the number 1 free agent, and from clements deal you know what that means....basically the bears lied to him, and he wants to cash in while everyone else on a long term deal...you think its fair that if he blows out his knee this year he will make 50 million less? who cares if its a game, i played ftball in college, i know how hard it is, and i sure as hell wouldn't play pro football for free, these guys give up thier bodies and prolly 10 years off thier lives, while billions aree going throuhg the nfl and owners....AND ur tellin me u think its fair that by far the most popular league has the lowest paid players and least guarenteed contracts? if nfl teams can cut vets who work hard for 10 yrs when thye hurt a knee, then guys in thier prime can holdout for money they DESERVE

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2007, 07:36 PM

</P>

</P>

AMEN!! BRING PACMAN IN!!! </P>

</P>

:D</P>

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM

you are a complete idiot, honestly, worst post ever...so basically you think that all the players should make little money, and the same money...and the owners should continue to make hundreds of millions of dollars a season...yea makes sense
Actually, I think you're the complete idiot for thinking that Briggs would be a good for this team when currently all he cares about is money, rather than getting his team back to the Super Bowl to win it.

And actually, you ARE an idiot for not knowing just how much coaches actually make.

And of course the owners are going to make more, THEY OWN THE FRIGGIN TEAM YOU "IDIOT".

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
briggs has been playing, and making the pro bowl, on his 3rd round rookie contract, whihc is pretty much the league min. so he doesn't complain under that contract cause thats how things work, then last year the bears try and sign him long term but they lowball him, so he says no i'll wait for free agency...then hes one of the top 3 players on a super bowl team, 26, made two pro bowls, and in no way has lifetime financial security.....then the bears tag him when they told him they wouldn't last offseason...now hes looking at a one yr contract when if he was treated fairly he'd be the number 1 free agent, and from clements deal you know what that means....basically the bears lied to him, and he wants to cash in while everyone else on a long term deal...you think its fair that if he blows out his knee this year he will make 50 million less? who cares if its a game, i played ftball in college, i know how hard it is, and i sure as hell wouldn't play pro football for free, these guys give up thier bodies and prolly 10 years off thier lives, while billions aree going throuhg the nfl and owners....AND ur tellin me u think its fair that by far the most popular league has the lowest paid players and least guarenteed contracts? if nfl teams can cut vets who work hard for 10 yrs when thye hurt a knee, then guys in thier prime can holdout for money they DESERVE
Something tells me you were a college football player but never made it past a Farm Team.

JerseyGiant21
03-13-2007, 07:42 PM
AMEN!! BRING PACMAN IN!!!

</p>

:D</p>

hahahahahahahahaha..........lord

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:43 PM
AMEN!! BRING PACMAN IN!!!

</p>

:D</p>

hahahahahahahahaha..........lord
AHAH

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:44 PM
I can't believe he suggested that players should make as much as the owners just because they play physical.

Hold on, BRB. Getting on the phone with the manager at Burger King and letting him know that he should be paying the illegal immigrants who work in the kitchen should be getting paid just as much because they "work hard".

gibril28wilson
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM

Bascially, Briggs just went to the Super Bowl, and now he wants more money? Isn't he making like 6-8 Million a year? It would sound a little bit better had he asked ror that AFTER winning the Super Bowl.

i guess you dont know what a franchise tag is then...

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM

Actually, I think you're the complete idiot for thinking that Briggs would be a good for this team when currently all he cares about is money, rather than getting his team back to the Super Bowl to win it.
<font size="5">
And actually, you ARE an idiot for not knowing just how much coaches actually make.</font>

And of course the owners are going to make more, THEY OWN THE FRIGGIN TEAM YOU "IDIOT".

hey idiot, tell me where I brought up coaches? and I wasn't complaining about owners making more, I was saying its idiotic to think that owners should get all the money and players should "play for free caue its a game"

Eli'sturn
03-13-2007, 07:46 PM

</P>

It's not even all about the money. He wants a long term deal (which he deserves) and he wants equal pay (which he deserves). He was a third round pick and has been being paid that way, even though he is probably a top 5 OLB in football. I disagree with players crying about their pay when they are making millions, but I can understand him wanting "fair" pay and especially a long term deal.</P>

gibril28wilson
03-13-2007, 07:48 PM
Briggs is one of the elite linebackers in the league and he knows the franchise tag screws him over. It gives him basically no gauranteed money so if he gets hurt this year then he is just out of luck. Id be doing the same thing if i was himBut this was before they put the franchise tag on him. He wanted out because they wouldn't pay him more. After he went public, they slapped the franchise tag on him.

no it wasnt, this clearly just proved you have no idea what you're saying

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:49 PM
I can't believe he suggested that players should make as much as the owners just because they play physical.

Hold on, BRB. Getting on the phone with the manager at Burger King and letting him know that he should be paying the illegal immigrants who work in the kitchen should be getting paid just as much because they "work hard".

again idiot, I never said players should make as much as owners, you were implying players should be happy to make anything to play a game, and my point was that when owners are making hundreds of millions of dollars, its idiotic to think that the people actually playing hte games shouldnt want to be paid market value, its one thing to argue a point with someone , its another to misquote them, get a clue

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:51 PM

<font size="5">
And actually, you ARE an idiot for not knowing just how much coaches actually make.</font>

hey idiot, tell me where I brought up coaches? and I wasn't complaining about owners making more, I was saying its idiotic to think that owners should get all the money and players should "play for free caue its a game"
HURR "HEY IDIOT" when did I say or suggest the players play for free? I made a comment about the "old days" when players cared more about winning than a paycheck.

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:52 PM

<font size="5">Hold on, BRB. Getting on the phone with the manager at Burger King and letting him know that he should be paying the illegal immigrants who work in the kitchen should be getting paid just as much because they "work hard".</font>

Again, totally off base to what I was saying, and in comparison to football, if some illegal immigrant made the most amazing burger of all time, and everyone went to burger king because that burger that 1 guy made was so good, then i think there would be bidding in the fast food industry for him and he would be making more than min. wage, even an idiot like you can make a whopper, but you or anyone else here can't play outside lb like briggs

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM
please tell me when i talked about coaches, and said players should make as much as owners, cause those were your two points, and I never said those things

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:53 PM

again idiot, I never said players should make as much as owners, you were implying players should be happy to make anything to play a game, and my point was that when owners are making hundreds of millions of dollars, its idiotic to think that the people actually playing hte games shouldnt want to be paid market value, its one thing to argue a point with someone , its another to misquote them, get a clue

"and the owners should continue to make hundreds of millions of dollars a season"

Damn, just how angry ARE you?

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/1/5/5/155246f76b0fd0ea509e3bdb3e44f8ad.gif

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM

no it wasnt, this clearly just proved you have no idea what you're saying
Oh wow whoospie poopsie, I made a mistake!

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 07:55 PM
no you just need to make things up to prove your ridiculous views

Shockey is GOD
03-13-2007, 07:56 PM
You start out with a CONVICT named Pacman and turn it into a threadagainst Briggs because he wants to get paid? wow............</P>

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:57 PM
no you just need to make things up to prove your ridiculous views
You seem pretty pissed off about the whole thing.

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 07:58 PM
You start out with a CONVICT named Pacman and turn it into a threadagainst Briggs because he wants to get paid? wow............</p>And yet another person who isn't picking up on this.

Try to view the whole picture rather than the typical "OMG HE GOT ARRESTED AND BRIGGS JUST WANTS MONEY!"

I don't want either of them on the team.

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:00 PM
because this is the worst thread ive ever seen, and the only way you can prove your point is by making sht up

gibril28wilson
03-13-2007, 08:00 PM

<font size="5">

HURR "HEY IDIOT" when did I say or suggest the players play for free? I made a comment about the "old days" when players cared more about winning than a paycheck.

players would have liked a bigger pay check, it was just that the owners didnt have a lot of money and the sport wasnt even close to as popular as it is now.

you are not understanding what happened with Briggs. Briggs was a FA and wanted to resign with the Bears. the Bears were being a cheap organization and instead of resigning him to a long term deal, they put the franchise tag on him. with the franchise tag the player isnt guarenteed anything. if Briggs were to get injured next year he would still get paid for that year, yes, but after that year his value goes down a lot and he might not even get signed by a team. if he were to get resigned he would be guarenteed money no matter what. and dont bring up that he's money hungry, you're telling me that if you werent guarenteed your jog youd wanna work there? no

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 08:02 PM
because this is the worst thread ive ever seen, and the only way you can prove your point is by making sht up
I make stuff up? Didn't you just claim you weren't mad, and then just now admitted to it?

If this is the "worst thread EVER", then why do you continue to post in it, Comic Book Guy?

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:05 PM
ok lets say you working for a place, and they make you work on a 1 yr contract for 50k, another employer is offering you 5 years at 65k guarenteed, only the employer won't let you leave the company and you are forced stay for one year, that wouldn't bother you? oh and lates say that you work in a field which has a possibility of becomming obsolete within the next yr (injury in football), you wouldn't worry about losing that guarenteed salary for next 5 yrs?

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:07 PM
I make stuff up? Didn't you just claim you weren't mad, and then just now admitted to it?

If this is the "worst thread EVER", then why do you continue to post in it, Comic Book Guy?

comic book guy good one...i already pointed out the two threads were you made up things i said, and you admitted to them when you said you made a mistake, so again I win, and point out the flaws in everything you say

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 08:11 PM

comic book guy good one...i already pointed out the two threads were you made up things i said, and you admitted to them when you said you made a mistake, so again I win, and point out the flaws in everything you say
What threads, Comic Book Guy?

http://home.asparagine.net/jamie/jamie/bloguploads/2006/07/comicbookguy-worst-thread-ever.thumbnail.jpg

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:14 PM
posts, not threads, when you claimed I said something about coaches salaries, and when you claimed I said players should make as much as owners

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:16 PM
uh huh I'm comic book guy, which shows how stupid you are....you have to resort to name calling because you made yourself look like a fool in this whole thread

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
uh huh I'm comic book guy, which shows how stupid you are....you have to resort to name calling because you made yourself look like a fool in this whole thread
Coming from a guy who called me an idiot? Right.

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
I won, you had no argument to back up your initial post, goodnight, enjoy starting useless threads, some people have lives, i'm not gonna argue with you anymore, keep making up things to try and make your point

fan since fran
03-13-2007, 08:31 PM
I forgot...What were you guys arguing about again?

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
I won, you had no argument to back up your initial post, goodnight, enjoy starting useless threads, some people have lives, i'm not gonna argue with you anymore, keep making up things to try and make your point
</P>

</P>

apparently u don't, lol u sat here and argued with him for 2 hours</P>

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2007, 08:52 PM
</P>

</P>

apparently u don't, lol u sat here and argued with him for 2 hours</P>

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
sorry i guess I feel like I need to call someone out when they completly make up things that i said, I made one long post and was ready to be done with it till he started saying I said things I didn't say, I guess I don't have a life if it bothers me when people make sht up

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2007, 09:08 PM
lol donb't beat urself up, we've all been there

GORGOROTH
03-13-2007, 09:13 PM
sorry i guess I feel like I need to call someone out when they completly make up things that i said, I made one long post and was ready to be done with it till he started saying I said things I didn't say, I guess I don't have a life if it bothers me when people make sht up
"I won, you had no argument to back up your initial post, goodnigh"

Go to bed. You claim others have no lives, but you're concerned about your reputation on an internet board?&gt;

Franchise60
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
judging from your posts you are obviously not worrying about your reputation

MattMeyerBud
03-13-2007, 09:14 PM
lol... well i'm still for Pacman coming here.. there argue on that...</P>

</P>

With that being said... off to the bar i go... gotta love college night</P>

Theismann'sLeg
03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Just for the record...I'm not taking any sides, but I think this needs to be said &amp; I'm not trying to offend anyone but...I like monkeys.

DeeDeeBarber
03-13-2007, 09:39 PM

That was a really crappy analogy.

As far as Briggs goes, he's doing what's right by him. He doesn't want to work for his current organization. How you can blame a guy for doing something that the Bears and the NFL as a whole are always trying to do (be money hungry and get money out of your pockets) is beyond me. Football is a business, trying to find any moral reasoning behind the money is absurd.

If you think people in the NFL are willing to work for peanuts, you're off your rocker. These guys are getting millions of dollars, it boggles my mind how you think people should take offense to a guy wanting job security and future earnings.