PDA

View Full Version : Did JPP guarentee a win vs GB?

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 12:48 PM
Tell me this is taken out of context or something. Why cant any of these guys just let their play do the talking... man. This doesnt sound like something he would say, "We're the best" ??</P>

"Were going to win," Pierre-Paul said, per Paul Schwartz of the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_make_lambeau_leap_mtDbuKayXme6sNfvoMA7hN/0). "One hundred percent were going to win ... because were the best."</P>

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34284176</P>

TroyArcher
01-09-2012, 12:51 PM
Tell me this is taken out of context or something. Why cant any of these guys just let their play do the talking... man. This doesnt sound like something he would say, "We're the best" ??</P>

"Were going to win," Pierre-Paul said, per Paul Schwartz of the New York Post (http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/giants_make_lambeau_leap_mtDbuKayXme6sNfvoMA7hN/0). "One hundred percent were going to win ... because were the best."</P>

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22475988/34284176</P>

</P>

</P>

He is a young guy that got caught up in the moment. I would prefer he not said it but if he beats the he/ll out of Rodgers next week I will forgive him. </P>

GmenFan1980
01-09-2012, 12:55 PM
No better then Greg jennings saying they will get us back for the 07 loss.

but i agree that our guys really shouldn't be talking like there is no chance we could lose.

RUbaseball24
01-09-2012, 12:58 PM
He got asked what he thinks the Giants chances are against GB....what the hell is he supposed to say? "uhh not good, i think were gonna get waxed"

The only one blowing this outta proportion is you guys and the media.

SIMMS5611
01-09-2012, 12:59 PM
No better then Greg jennings saying they will get us back for the 07 loss. but i agree that our guys really shouldn't be talking like there is no chance we could lose.</P>

</P>

Jennings quote was funny, bc he said something like "They knocked us out of the 2008 SB, now its time for revenge on OUR turf"....call me crazy, but wasn't that NFC Championship game IN Green Bay?!</P>

trenken311
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM

but i agree that our guys really shouldn't be talking like there is no chance we could lose.

Agreed. The Packers arent some pushover. They are extremely lethal on offense even against the best D's in the league.

The thing that makes Rodgers so great is even if you can rush some QBs like Romo or Ryan, Rodgers delivers that ball so quickly, makes quicker, better decisions than these other guys.

We really dont need any of these clowns running their mouths.

BigBlue D
01-09-2012, 01:00 PM
I happen to like the confidence, would you rather have him say "I don't think our D will be able to compete?". When these guys play with confidence and union the sky is the limit.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 01:04 PM
He got asked what he thinks the Giants chances are against GB....what the hell is he supposed to say? "uhh not good, i think were gonna get waxed" The only one blowing this outta proportion is you guys and the media.</P>

Well, Im seeing it and hearing about it all over the place, so Im hoping it is just something taken out of context since I didnt hear him say it. Doesnt sound like a Namath or Fassel guarentee. </P>

bleeding blue
If you REALLY want a good laugh, please go to PFT.com and click one the JPP headline.

Embarrassing comments coming from Pack fans.

One from an eagle fan---"Good thing the Eagles chose Brandon Graham over JPP; Another win for Andy Reid."

Wow just wow

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/jason-pierre-paul-guarantees-victory-for-giants-in-green-bay/

GiantWarfare
JPP is the LAST guy on this team I'd rag on for guaranteeing a win.

Whether we win or lose, he'll at least back his words up on his part...

It comes down to a team effort.

Our team is hot, and they're really confident...

That's exactly what you need to go into Lambeau in January against the 15-1 defending SB champs...

trenken311
01-09-2012, 01:07 PM
I happen to like the confidence, would you rather have him say "I don't think our D will be able to compete?". When these guys play with confidence and union the sky is the limit.

Id rather him say "We're looking forward to the game, we think it will be a good game and let's see what happens on Sunday". That's what a mature man would say, not some dumb football player who barely has a hold of the English language.

Not only that, but he's saying that about a team that steamrolled everyone until they took their foot off the gas, and QB that is very capable of torching us beyond belief, even with our D. He should shut up.

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM
love the confidence, but let's leave the predictions to our annoying tennants

GiantWarfare
01-09-2012, 01:10 PM

not some dumb football player who barely has a hold of the English language.

Really bro?

DemandedAce
01-09-2012, 01:12 PM

Id rather him say "We're looking forward to the game, we think it will be a good game and let's see what happens on Sunday". That's what a mature man would say, not some dumb football player who barely has a hold of the English language.

Not only that, but he's saying that about a team that steamrolled everyone until they took their foot off the gas, and QB that is very capable of torching us beyond belief, even with our D. He should shut up.

Sorry, but that team that steamrolled everyone beat us by three points after we tied it under a minute left. The only reason they were able to win/get to that point was the ridiculous reffing, they never took their foot of the gas against the Chiefs. The refs have been good to them this season, but we've been overcoming it lately.

CTLadyBlue
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
He got asked what he thinks the Giants chances are against GB....what the hell is he supposed to say? "uhh not good, i think were gonna get waxed"

No, but a better more 'reasonable' response would've been, "I think we've got a great chance especially if we play the way we've been the last three weeks". Positve without giving idiotic guarantees

RUbaseball24
01-09-2012, 01:13 PM
fail

burier
01-09-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah it would be better if he said.

"The packers are going to kick the **** out of us."

Guys the game is won on the field of play...especially in the playoffs. There's nothing anyone is going to say to make anyone else play better or worse.

Be glad our guys are confident.

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 01:17 PM
Jpp is getting a swagger in his step. I like it! I didn't know he predicted a win in GB, but in an interview yesterday about the collision with Ross-he said(Paraphrased) "I did not hit anyone they hit me, I was going for the ball, and it WOULD of been a touchdown if I got it" lol.

trenken311
01-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I dont like it at all. He reminds me of Hasselbeck in that playoff game, "We're gonna get the ball and we're gonna score!" Yeah well what happens if you dont score jackass? How about some humility and maturity?

If we lose JPP is going to look like a total idiot.

swordfish
01-09-2012, 01:51 PM
I am glad he feels that way, this defense is hell bend for destruction, GB barely beat us the last time we played, and our defense is nothing like what Rogers and his team faced back then. And exactly what did you want this man child to say after we manhandled the Falcons, ho boy I am so scared of GB and Rogers, might as well go home now. There is going to be a beat down coming Sunday, GB should be ready for a big *** whooping, first our running game will chew up their defense, then Eli will slice them up all day long like he did in the last game, the thing is Rogers will not have the time to throw to his receivers, reason is he will be running for his life, the road to the SB goes thru BIG BLUE.

lawl
01-09-2012, 01:54 PM
I dont think it has any bearing at all on who will win.

Carnage929
01-09-2012, 01:56 PM

This! He never said he guaranteed anything. He simply said exactly what was quoted. Fn media, making something out of something that is NOT there. Just like Tuck calling the Falcons O-line dirtbags. He never said they were dirtbags. He may have said they played like a bunch of dirtbags, but so didnt everyone else in the NFL.

Fn Media.

swordfish
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I wonder how effective Rogers will be throwing the ball in below 20 degree weather, this Cali boy wears his wool hat in 50 degree weather, at least we know Eli is not fazed by -20 degree weather in that stadium, plus people need to remember we play better on the road.

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I dont like it at all. He reminds me of Hasselbeck in that playoff game, "We're gonna get the ball and we're gonna score!" Yeah well what happens if you dont score jackass? How about some humility and maturity? If we lose JPP is going to look like a total idiot.</P>

Ha. I wouldnt go that far. Im disappointed he said it, but he is no idiot. He was just excited, said whats on his mind. I guarentee you JPP will be the last Giants player looking like an idiot on the field. Ill compare it to Eli calling himself Elite before the season. That turned out well. </P>

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 02:04 PM
Mike Lupica just said on radio about the JPP statement, "The Giants are too good right now to start sounding like the JETS."

WORLDCHAMPS
01-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Agreed. The Packers arent some pushover. They are extremely lethal on offense even against the best D's in the league.

The thing that makes Rodgers so great is even if you can rush some QBs like Romo or Ryan, Rodgers delivers that ball so quickly, makes quicker, better decisions than these other guys.

<font color="#FFA500" size="6">We really dont need any of these clowns</font> running their mouths.

UMMM JPP can say what ever the **** he wants. Far from a clown. He's excited and don't be such a pansy...he can back up his talk on sunday.

Challenger
01-09-2012, 02:25 PM

Even Packer fans recognize this.

We'll take JPP if you guys don't want him.

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Mike Lupica just said on radio about the JPP statement, "The Giants are too good right now to start sounding like the JETS."

Lupica is a fairy

swordfish
01-09-2012, 02:31 PM

Lupica is a fairy also sounds like one on the radio, his voice is not radio friendly, what was ESPN Radio thinking.

Eli2Nicks612
01-09-2012, 02:36 PM
People are making way too big a deal out of this. What, this is going to be the motivation that Green Bay uses to win? This is the PLAYOFFS. If you need any extra motivation to win then you don't deserve to be in the playoffs. What JPP said will have no effect on the game Sunday.

WORLDCHAMPS
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM

Even Packer fans recognize this.

We'll take JPP if you guys don't want him.

HAHAHAHA ummmmmm NO, but you can give him a nice warm welcome on Sunday

JPP
01-09-2012, 02:46 PM
JPP is the LAST guy on this team I'd rag on for guaranteeing a win.

Whether we win or lose, he'll at least back his words up on his part...

It comes down to a team effort.

Our team is hot, and they're really confident...

That's exactly what you need to go into Lambeau in January against the 15-1 defending SB champs...

Yeah without JPP we might not be here so he can say whatever h wants in my opinion. Well hopefully nothing stupid anyway but really a reporter asks him about our chances and he says we are going to win, doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

giantsforce
01-09-2012, 02:50 PM

The only one blowing this outta proportion is you guys and the media.Absolutely correct. Besides, JPP can back up what he is saying, if it were Rolle on the other hand.......

Providence
01-09-2012, 02:53 PM
This is exactly like the "Eli said he's in Brady's league" stuff. The media tosses out a question that a player has to answer with confidence, i.e. the "are you in Brady's league?" question Eli got and the "what are your chances to beat Green Bay?" that JPP got.

Both are asked in a very specific way because the interviewer knows the player is going to give them some kind of headline material that will get fans on both sides all worked up.

It's a non-story, just like the Eli quote and 75% of everything else ever talked about by sports "reporters."

Ruttiger711
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
This is exactly like the "Eli said he's in Brady's league" stuff. The media tosses out a question that a player has to answer with confidence, i.e. the "are you in Brady's league?" question Eli got and the "what are your chances to beat Green Bay?" that JPP got. Both are asked in a very specific way because the interviewer knows the player is going to give them some kind of headline material that will get fans on both sides all worked up. It's a non-story, just like the Eli quote and 75% of everything else ever talked about by sports "reporters."</P>

</P>

+1!!</P>

trenken311
01-09-2012, 02:59 PM
We dont need him taunting Rodgers. The dude is already motivated, and now you want to taunt him? Great, so he can slice up our swiss cheese pass D so it's 21-3 at the end of the first quarter.

If someone insults you, you're going to raise your game. It's human nature. JPP is insulting him and his team saying he somehow has a time machine and already knows the Giants will beat them.

Come on, what is he 10 years old? Grow up you big oaf. How about spending more time learning how to use the English language properly, and less time trash talking. What are we the Jets now? Next thing you know we'll have Nicks celebrating first downs even if we are getting crushed, just like Santonio Holmes.

nygsb42champs
01-09-2012, 03:00 PM
A young man who got caught up in the moment. I am sure TC is reminding him the the New York media is not South Florida.

GiantWarfare
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
We dont need him taunting Rodgers. The dude is already motivated, and now you want to taunt him? Great, so he can slice up our swiss cheese pass D so it's 21-3 at the end of the first quarter.

If someone insults you, you're going to raise your game. It's human nature. JPP is insulting him and his team saying he somehow has a time machine and already knows the Giants will beat them.

Come on, what is he 10 years old? Grow up you big oaf. How about spending more time learning how to use the English language properly, and less time trash talking. What are we the Jets now? Next thing you know we'll have Nicks celebrating first downs even if we are getting crushed, just like Santonio Holmes.

the multiple shots at his grasp of the English language is really uncalled for.

The kid is young, and he got baited. Big whoop.

Eli fell for it.

The NY media is ruthless

JPP will learn.

Stop ripping on an unselfish team-first player whose impact has allowed this team to be in the spot its in, in the first place...

GameTime
01-09-2012, 03:06 PM
We dont need him taunting Rodgers. The dude is already motivated, and now you want to taunt him? Great, so he can slice up our swiss cheese pass D so it's 21-3 at the end of the first quarter. If someone insults you, you're going to raise your game. It's human nature. JPP is insulting him and his team saying he somehow has a time machine and already knows the Giants will beat them. Come on, what is he 10 years old? Grow up you big oaf. How about spending more time learning how to use the English language properly, and less time trash talking. What are we the Jets now? Next thing you know we'll have Nicks celebrating first downs even if we are getting crushed, just like Santonio Holmes.</P>

wow...you are more over top about this than the media is. </P>

He was not taunting Rodgers at all. He was saying his team will win. Period. Why bring Nicks into it? That doesn't even make sense. JPP will look foolish for about 3 seconds if the Giants lose. More likely then not it wont be his performance that loses the game.</P>

You keep bringing up the fact that he doesn speak very well. Dont really know what that has to do with anything. </P>

Calm down and relax. </P>

burier
01-09-2012, 03:10 PM

lol first of all dude go get a hug or something. Everything will be ok.

RugDaniels
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
I don't think the player guarantee is what it used to be. It was a story 40 years ago when Namath did it. Back then everyone thought football players would be Bart Starr or Johnny Unitas and just keep quiet.
Namath was the exception back then, but everyone runs their mouths now. You can't really blame them either, there's Twitter and blogs, and 24 hr news cycles. These guys aren't just talking to the beat guys anymore, they can't walk two steps w/out a mic shoved in their faces.
A young guy like Pierre-Paul was bound to slip and say something unwise. Sure, it was a mistake but I think JPP's earned the benefit of the doubt this season.

FLNYGFAN
01-09-2012, 03:33 PM
I want the team believing it can win, because they can.

PIERCEnumber58rules
01-09-2012, 03:39 PM
Glad he said it. I like the confidence! Our defense isn't scared of Green Bay. We're going in there to kick their ***!

LET'S DO THIS. GMEN!!!

Easy-Duz-It
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
We dont need him taunting Rodgers. The dude is already motivated, and now you want to taunt him? Great, so he can slice up our swiss cheese pass D so it's 21-3 at the end of the first quarter. If someone insults you, you're going to raise your game. It's human nature. JPP is insulting him and his team saying he somehow has a time machine and already knows the Giants will beat them. Come on, what is he 10 years old? Grow up you big oaf. How about spending more time learning how to use the English language properly, and less time trash talking. What are we the Jets now? Next thing you know we'll have Nicks celebrating first downs even if we are getting crushed, just like Santonio Holmes.</P>

He was not taunting Rodgers at all. He was saying his team will win. Period. Why bring Nicks into it? That doesn't even make sense. JPP will look foolish for about 3 seconds if the Giants lose. More likely then not it wont be his performance that loses the game.</P>

You keep bringing up the fact that he doesn speak very well. Dont really know what that has to do with anything. </P>

clearly trenken is a racist. it's all in the tone of his posts in this thread. what has jpp done to be ripped like this? and now he is throwing nicks in the mix...learn the english language? really? even if the dude couldn't speak at all, his play and attitude on the field exonerates him from this kind of backlash. the guy is a football player, and he probably does his job 1,000 times better than trenken doing whatever he does for a living. stop hating on our all pro!

NYG4Life10
01-09-2012, 04:51 PM
This isnta guarantee, its a predicition </P>

Just like 07 when plax said giants would win 23-17, he said it himself it was a predicition not a guarantee</P>

swordfish
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Glad he said it. I like the confidence! Our defense isn't scared of Green Bay. We're going in there to kick their ***!

LET'S DO THIS. GMEN!!!AMEN. GB and the jock kissing media will be brought back to earth come Sunday Night. Our Defense is going to be beasting on the Cheese heads. I am not in the least concerned, by the way, has anyone seen Rogers ever throw a pass in 20 degrees and below weather, heck the guy waers a wool hat in 50 degree weather. Plus we will keep him off the field by pounding that swiss cheese defense all day, then Eli will finish them off with Cruz, Nicks, Maningham, Ballard. Ahmad, and Brandon "who is running out of his mind".

GreenZone
01-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Yeah, here's an BSPN story on the big hullaballoo over Plax's 23-17 prediction in 2007:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs07/news/story?id=3222404

People confuse bulletin board material as to what it contains. This had nothing negative towards the Packers.

Just heard Mike McCarthy respond to a local GB reporter asking him about it. McCarthy sounded like a little kid. He was like, to paraphrase: He said that? No, we're going to win.

I'm sorry, but though reporters love to strike up negative talk towards the opponent, this doesn't qualify.

rcrane082985
01-09-2012, 05:48 PM

go troll somewhere else. Anyone who is gonna bash jpp cant be a real giants fan.

rcrane082985
01-09-2012, 06:04 PM

clearly trenken is a racist. it's all in the tone of his posts in this thread. what has jpp done to be ripped like this? and now he is throwing nicks in the mix...learn the english language? really? even if the dude couldn't speak at all, his play and attitude on the field exonerates him from this kind of backlash. the guy is a football player, and he probably does his job 1,000 times better than trenken doing whatever he does for a living. stop hating on our all pro!

Dont pay any attention to trenk...hes obviously a huuge troll..prolly an eagles fan.

OX1
01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
If it's choice between what JPP said and Tucks near suicide watch induced statements of a month ago, I'll take just a bit of swagger every time.

A hair of trash talking can motivate your opponent, it can also make them stop, think, and worry just a bit (even if they never admit it), especially when the talk is being backed up on the field.

shotcalla39
01-09-2012, 09:15 PM
I don't think GB will be plying their best ball off the week off and Rodgers off for 3.... And their defense sucks

JJC7301
01-09-2012, 09:31 PM

No, but a better more 'reasonable' response would've been, "I think we've got a great chance especially if we play the way we've been the last three weeks". Positve without giving idiotic guarantees
I think what JPP is 100% the right thing to say, and more importantly, 100% the right attitude to have right now.

Win or lose, I sincerely believe that the Giants are bringing their A+ game, intensity, and attitude -- they EXPECT to win regardless of who the opponent it is...just like in '07. That was how they felt in the playoffs that year and look how that worked out.

We're the underdogs now...we've got these teams exactly where we want them in terms of attitude, intensity, and all phases of their game coming together. Let the Pack use it as bulletin board material. So what?

Thank GOD someone had the b**** to say what JPP said. You're seeing their 2nd year pro-bowler not just leading the way in play, but in attitude as well. THIS is what the Giants have needed on D.

FlyingTruck
01-09-2012, 11:13 PM
There is no pleasing any of you.

We either don't talk enough or we talk too much. Give it a rest. Talk alone doesn't win or lose a game. It also shows that JPP can be a leader for this defense. I like it.

SweetZombieJesus
01-10-2012, 03:34 AM
I'll give JPP the benefit of the doubt, as an excited young guy who doesn't know the politically correct thing to say yet. As with the game itself, he will learn.

Pierre-Paul
01-10-2012, 06:14 AM
There is only so much a guy can learn in a couple short years. To me, it is ok that he doesn't work on how to handle the media. Listen to any interview with JPP. It is clear that the reporter can get him to say anything they want. All they have to do is repeat the question, answer it the way they want him to, and then say... right??? in JPP's words. "we gotta get the quarterback." If that is all he can remember, I'm fine with that.

WORLDCHAMPS
01-10-2012, 07:17 AM

i remember another player that predicted a win back in 07-08.....against another "elite" QB who was undefeated at the time.....so stfu and dont be so scared of rodgers...he hasnt been hit like we are going to hit him on Sun

GameTime
01-10-2012, 08:48 AM
I'll give JPP the benefit of the doubt, as an excited young guy who doesn't know the politically correct thing to say yet. As with the game itself, he will learn.
</P>

There are vet players all over the leaguethat say similar things. JPP was pumped after a great win and came out with it. As usual the media is all over it because thats what they do. None of the other players have said anything remotely like that. Even Mike Macarthy said it was no big deal and that a player should be confident and want to win. He said..."Hey I think we are going to win the game too". </P>

This is being way over blown by some board members here....</P>

not you SZJ......</P>

Drez
01-10-2012, 09:24 AM
</P>

There are vet players all over the leaguethat say similar things. JPP was pumped after a great win and came out with it. As usual the media is all over it because thats what they do. None of the other players have said anything remotely like that. Even Mike Macarthy said it was no big deal and that a player should be confident and want to win. He said..."Hey I think we are going to win the game too". </P>

This is being way over blown by some board members here....</P>

not you SZJ......</P>

</P>

Yeah, this is justa case of the media trying to drum something up in a mostly trash talkless postseason (aka one sans Rex Ryan).</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>Oh, no.</FONT> JPP said, "We're going to go out and give 100% effort and walk away with a win." As far as guarantees are concerned, that's pretty damn tame.</P>

Wes
01-10-2012, 09:29 AM
JPP has the ability to take over a game, if he plays to that level sunday he can say that all he wants because him, osi and tuck can pretty much ensure a win if they will it enough lol

bubblesmcgee
01-10-2012, 09:45 AM
JPP is the freaking man. Its nice to see someone on this defense have a little swagger. I didnt think he could be a leader and its beginning to look more and more like I was wrong.

(we really got screwed not getting brandon graham right?)/red

Pierre-Paul
01-15-2012, 09:35 PM
I guess JPP should've kept it a secret. But at least we can't say he didn't know what he was talkin about. These Giants are for REAL!