PDA

View Full Version : Osi & Jacobs

jak12
01-09-2012, 02:29 PM
With the comments from both that hint towards them not coming back next season, do we atleast try to re-sign these guys? If not, who do we replace them with, especially Osi and his pass rush?

qndarius3
01-09-2012, 02:35 PM
Neither are free agents?

NJ10
01-09-2012, 02:38 PM
With the comments from both that hint towards them not coming back next season, do we atleast try to re-sign these guys? If not, who do we replace them with, especially Osi and his pass rush?

Osi has been great this year. 10 sacks in 10 games. I really hope the Giants find a way to keep him. He is such a diva though, he going pull the same BS next year about wanting a trade.

It really seems like since he came back this defense has gotten better. It just allows up to be more flexible, moving Tuck or JPP in side and have him on the end with all 3 of them on the field.

DEgiants89
01-09-2012, 02:40 PM

Osi has been great this year. 10 sacks in 10 games. I really hope the Giants find a way to keep him. He is such a diva though, he going pull the same BS next year about wanting a trade.

It really seems like since he came back this defense has gotten better. It just allows up to be more flexible, moving Tuck or JPP in side and have him on the end with all 3 of them on the field.

+1 and same when bradshaw and jacobs run hard. You can just feel that energy

NJ10
01-09-2012, 04:40 PM

+1 and same when bradshaw and jacobs run hard. You can just feel that energy

When Jacobs comes to play he is a beast. He ran well against the Packers last time, I think he will come into this game pumped. I look for a big game from him.

chizz
01-09-2012, 05:50 PM
for a right price i hope we try and keep all our current guys next year .

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 05:56 PM
for a right price i hope we try and keep all our current guys next year .</P>

for the right price keep both of them.</P>

the right price is the problem.</P>

burier
01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
for a right price i hope we try and keep all our current guys next year .</P>

for the right price keep both of them.</P>

the right price is the problem.</P>

Im quite sure Jacobs will be back.

Osi is the master of his fate. I can see JR offering him some incentives to play out his contract.

But since Osi swears he was "Promised" he'd either get a new contract or a trade I could see negotiations going south fast. We're just not in a position to offer a rotational player big time money or any sort of lengthy deal.

Joe Morrison
01-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Jacobs reworked his contract and took less to help keep Bradshaw.</P>

Osi still has 1 year left and if he had stayed healthy both he and the team would have something to bargin with, missing nearly half the games this year and his age he might as well just hang in 1 more year and retire, don't see anyone giving up #1's and paying any big money for him.</P>