PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Green Bay

TrueBlue07
01-09-2012, 02:58 PM
I am trying to get a group of my friends together for a trip over to watch our boys play.

Any info or tips people could pass along? Maybe a hotel recommendation, places to hit up?

Any other people going?

bansaw
01-09-2012, 03:01 PM
get some fresh cheese curds, then order a fries and gravy, sprinkle some of the curds on top and BOOM - Poutine

NYC-CHI
01-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Three of us are driving up from Chicago Sunday morning. Anyone having a tailgate we could throw a few bucks at?

lavar2
01-09-2012, 03:08 PM
I was really thinking about it, wish I could go to every one of our postseason games for the rest of the season but i'm a poor college kid with a year left in school. Can't really afford, could barely get to the game yesterday although it was worth it. Afraid I'll be watching this one back at school.

BlueJayC
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Roundtrip flights from Laguardia to CHI are going for about $200......rent a car in CHI and drive three hours north.</P>

Went to a game there last year and stayed at the Days Inn.....decent place....the night before the game grabbed food right over the bridge at Titeltown Brewery.....good food and obviously good beer.....bar hopped a little.....place (GB) isn't crazy....it's actually just a town.</P>

Gameday we had a blast.....went to Stadium View restaurant.....obviously right by the Stadium.....Gale Sayers and Hornung were signing autographs.....get there EARLY to get a table.....place gets packed but has good eats and beer.</P>

Just outside the stadium between Stadium View and the stadium itself there was this mall/atrium where they had a DJ and unlimited draft beer....you paid $20 for everything.....probably the coolest thing I've seen at an away game.....I think they do it every game.....worth it.</P>

We're driving out from NJ Friday picking up our buddy from CHI and will be heading to the frozen tundra as well.</P>

Challenger
01-09-2012, 03:22 PM
Hard to beat Titletown for good beer and good food.

The food there is actually quite good. Try the "pub fries", which are baked potato wedges smothered in cheese and bacon bits. Don't worry, beer has been proven to flush cholesteral completely out of your system.

Hinterland Brewpub (right across the street from Titletown) has more high-end cuisine if that suits your taste better.

Lodging? Cant help you there.

I live in Crooked Lake, Wisconsin, 75 miles NW of Green Bay.

TrueBlue07
01-09-2012, 03:40 PM
awesome tips you guys, it is much appreciated.

is there any type of public transportation to and from the game?

Challenger
01-09-2012, 04:28 PM
I would be "fairly certain" that there would be a bus from Titletown to Lambeau.

I suggest you call Titletown Brewing Co. (920) 437-2337 and inquire.

Contrary to popular belief, Packer fans are typically "friendly" to guests from out-of-town, even fans of our opposition.

TrueBlue07
01-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I expected to be treated friendly in GB, that seems to be the word most ppl say anyway.

I actually really like the packers. If we can't win I'd like to see them repeat.

BlueJayC
01-09-2012, 04:33 PM
I would be "fairly certain" that there would be a bus from Titletown to Lambeau.

Contrary to popular belief, Packer fans are typically "friendly" to guests from out-of-town, even fans of our opposition.
</P>

I vouch for this 1000%.....nicest people in the world......same can be said for the experience we had in Chicago......mid-westerners are good peeps.</P>

Challenger
01-09-2012, 05:03 PM
There are low-lifes anywhere you travel in the world I guess.

If the Packers lose, we will simply cry into our beer and then go ice-fishing.

MikeJerky32
01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
Plannning my trip now....coming from NY- planning to fly to CHI and renting a car - driving to GB saturday afternoon.....

also looking for recomendations as far as tailgating is concerned- keep the comments coming!!!!

hoping to see some blue down there- buying cheese heads and spray painting them blue

SEC105
01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
There are low-lifes anywhere you travel in the world I guess.

If the Packers lose, we will simply cry into our beer and then go ice-fishing.
</P>

Do they give tours of Lambeau if you arrive a day or two early Challenger? Thanks in advance</P>

JMFP2
01-09-2012, 05:42 PM

</P>

I vouch for this 1000%.....nicest people in the world......same can be said for the experience we had in Chicago......mid-westerners are good peeps.</P>

I've lived out here in Chicago since 1995, and I can vouch for this as well.

They love their Bears, but the fans by and large are very cool toward other football fans.

There are a lot of Packers fans in my area (suburb of Chicago). I expect alot of good natured trash talk this week.

Challenger
01-09-2012, 05:50 PM
Do they give tours of Lambeau if you arrive a day or two early Challenger? Thanks in advance</p>

Here is a schedule of Lambeau Field tours:

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-tour-times.html

Don't miss the Packer Hall of Fame.

An absolute MUST for any fan of professional football (not just the Packers).

SEC105
01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Do they give tours of Lambeau if you arrive a day or two early Challenger? Thanks in advance</P>

</P>

Thanks Challenger and will do.................I reallywant to see this end zone from the"Ice Bowl" </P>

Packers vs Cowboys</P>

http://taylorblitztimes.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/ice640.jpg</P>

Challenger
01-09-2012, 06:11 PM
...I reallywant to see this end zone from the"Ice Bowl"

Oh it's still there.

Quite frankly, we thought Giants vs Packers might be Ice Bowl II.

No such luck though.

Sorry I can't help with lodging or public transportation but that's "not really part of my world".

Challenger out.

Easy-Duz-It
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM

that is not contrary to popular belief. i think most people know packer fans are a classy bunch.

NYGFaninILL
01-09-2012, 06:29 PM
If your flying, fly into Milwaukee Gen. Mitchell instead of Chicago O'hare or Midway.

You'll save some money!!

I live up there, so bundle up too!!

killerblue8787
01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
This is going to sound weird but I really want to go but I plan on going alone so if anyone has the same idea why not split a hotel cost.

MikeJerky32
01-10-2012, 08:59 AM
splitting a hotel with a person going alone named KILLERBLUE......goooood luck lol

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 09:19 AM
splitting a hotel with a person going alone named KILLERBLUE......goooood luck lol

hahahaha

bandwgn86
01-10-2012, 09:32 AM
get some fresh cheese curds, then order a fries and gravy, sprinkle some of the curds on top and BOOM - Poutine

How anyone can eat that is beyond me.. That and mayonnaise on fries..

Got nothing really to add to this thread other than have fun at the game OP, wish I was going.

SweetZombieJesus
01-10-2012, 09:33 AM
Good for you guys making the trip... Seeing a game at Lambeau is on the bucket list for sure...

Challenger
01-10-2012, 09:42 AM

Got nothing really to add to this thread other than have fun at the game OP, wish I was going.

Have to agree with that.

You guys must have "cheese curds" in New York, right?

I find them "delicious".

Nice to enjoy a pile of them with a glass of beer.

bandwgn86
01-11-2012, 09:23 AM

Have to agree with that.

You guys must have "cheese curds" in New York, right?

I find them "delicious".

Nice to enjoy a pile of them with a glass of beer.
Im a little north of there so can't say for sure but I'd imagine they do. It's probably called something else and cost 3 times more than it should lol

BklynBlue
01-11-2012, 09:50 AM
I am trying to get a group of my friends together for a trip over to watch our boys play.

Any info or tips people could pass along? Maybe a hotel recommendation, places to hit up?

Any other people going?

If I did not just buy a house, I know where my trip destination would have been this weekend!!

GO BLUE!!!

gumby742
01-11-2012, 01:38 PM

</P>

Unless of course if you're a Jets fan. In which case, football history started a couple years ago and ended at the beginning of this year.</P>

Challenger
01-11-2012, 02:30 PM
Unless of course if you're a Jets fan. In which case, football history started a couple years ago and ended at the beginning of this year.

I've always been curious about that.

Do folks from certain geographical regions of New York state prefer the Giants over the Jets?

Does it vary with where you were born? Where you currently live?

We had a Bears fan in Green Bay one time but he apparently inadvertently stuck his **** in an electric light bulb socket.

(???)

BlueJayC
01-11-2012, 02:36 PM
Unless of course if you're a Jets fan. In which case, football history started a couple years ago and ended at the beginning of this year.

I've always been curious about that.

Do folks from certain geographical regions of New York state prefer the Giants over the Jets?

Does it vary with where you were born? Where you currently live?

We had a Bears fan in Green Bay one time but he apparently inadvertently stuck his **** in an electric light bulb socket.

(???)
</P>

This is just my personal opinion. I tend to find that most Long Islanders, especially the further out you getare Jets fans.....probably due to Hofstra being their former training facility. The city is pretty evenly split as is northern NJ. Rockland County NY is mostly Giants fans as is Lower Connecticut....the further upstate NY/Connecticut you get the lines start to blur and you have some Buffalo or NE fans......south Jersey is all Eagles......</P>

Most Giant fans don'tmeet the prequesite of being a complete dirtbagso being a Jets fan growing up was never an option.</P>

Side question Challenger: What time do they let cars start lining up to get into the Oneida lots at Lambeau? Can't find an answer anywhere.....I know the lot opens at 11:30am but if they allow it I'll be on line at 9am.</P>

Challenger
01-11-2012, 02:41 PM
Side question Challenger: What time do they let cars start lining up to get into the Oneida lots at Lambeau? Can't find an answer anywhere.....I know the lot opens at 11:30am but if they allow it I'll be on line at 9am.</p>

I'm sorry, I can't answer that.

I have a buddy in the neighborhood of Lambeau that saves me a parking space.

I just pile in the yard an hour before game-time and off we go.

Unless we're cooking out or something.

Now I feel bad.

Would you like a gift certificate to "Bed, Bath and Beyond"? : - )

BlueJayC
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Side question Challenger: What time do they let cars start lining up to get into the Oneida lots at Lambeau? Can't find an answer anywhere.....I know the lot opens at 11:30am but if they allow it I'll be on line at 9am.</P>

I'm sorry, I can't answer that.

I have a buddy in the neighborhood of Lambeau that saves me a parking space.

I just pile in the yard an hour before game-time and off we go.

Unless we're cooking out or something.

Now I feel bad.

Would you like a gift certificate to "Bed, Bath and Beyond"? : - )
</P>

Man!?!?!?! The Giants moderators let you on here in good faith and the ONE question I have for you you can't answer.......geeeeeez!!!!</P>

It's all good.....I'm more of a "Linens and Things" guy but appreciate the offer.</P>

Challenger
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM
Season ticket-holder buddy advises that the parking lots open four (4) hours before kick-off to allow for tailgating.

Challenger
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Verified (see "tailgating").

http://www.packers.com/lambeau-field/stadium-info/parking.html

BlueJayC
01-11-2012, 03:12 PM

</P>

Appreciate the info....I was actually looking more for when do they let cars actually line up.....not patting ourselves on the back or anything but though our lots open 5 hours prior to kickoff we're on line 6-7 hours prior waiting in our cars and pre-tailgating at the gates......wasn't sure if this is permitted in GB.....meaning can we line up at the gates and wait a few hours to be one of the first ones in.</P>

cherylz
01-11-2012, 05:09 PM
If you don't want to drive the whole way RIDE TO THE GAME! GAME DAY SHUTTLE BUS FROM MILWAUKEE TO GREEN BAY!

BigBlue wins
01-11-2012, 05:11 PM
If you don't want to drive the whole way RIDE TO THE GAME! GAME DAY SHUTTLE BUS FROM MILWAUKEE TO GREEN BAY!

Is that you baxter? Bark twice if you're in Milwaukee

cherylz
01-11-2012, 05:13 PM
SHUTTLE BUS FROM MILWAUKEE to LAMBEAU FIELD on JAN 15th!

visit: www.GoLamers.com for reservations/details!

weeds123
01-11-2012, 07:59 PM
As of today, the Green Bay Convention and Visitors Bureau is reporting nearly 1,000 open Hotel rooms. I'd start googling if you're looking for accommodations because under normal circumstances ... there isn't a room to be found the day after the season's schedule is announced.

weeds123
01-11-2012, 08:01 PM

</p>

Appreciate the info....I was actually looking more for when do they let cars actually line up.....not patting ourselves on the back or anything but though our lots open 5 hours prior to kickoff we're on line 6-7 hours prior waiting in our cars and pre-tailgating at the gates......wasn't sure if this is permitted in GB.....meaning can we line up at the gates and wait a few hours to be one of the first ones in.</p>

If you're in the stadium parking lot, 3 hours before kickoff the gates will open...I think...I'm pretty sure...I always tailgate a block away from the stadium....

JRiv
01-11-2012, 09:59 PM
Any other traveling Giants fans wanting to meet up and tailgate/pregame? I'm coming from Brooklyn and it happens to be my birthday this weekend. Let's do this, GO GIANTS!!

Montesdaddy
01-11-2012, 10:31 PM
Hey guys, you're going to love Lambeau. I live about 2 hours north of Green Bay and we make 1 or 2 games a year. Here's the way we do it.

We try to get a room as close to Lambeau as possible. Looking at Expedia I see Roadstarr has rooms available. Not the greatest motel but not too bad either plus I can hit Lambeau with a good 5 iron from there. There are many fun bars within walking distance where you'll find fans willing to engage in some good football talk. Sideline is right next to Roadstarr, Krolls West is a half block away, great burgers too. Curlys is located in Lambeau and is also fun. All three of these places have great food too. There are also some nice bars on the other side of the stadium, Stadium View, Aduzzis and The Bar.

There are plenty of rooms available on South Onieda, just a short drive from the stadium. Baymont, Fairfield, Super 8, Travelodge, Hampton, Econo Lodge, Comfort Inn, Ramada Plaza, Holiday Inn, Microtel and Country Inn and Suites are all on South Oneida and we have stayed at many of them for games. I like the location becuase of the ease of travel to Lambeau. We usually try to get a motel with a lounge and restaurant. If I can't get a room near Lambeau I will go with one of these South Onieda locations. Right now the only room I see open near Lambeau is Roadstarr which would be my first choice solely based on location.

If you plan on tailgating I recommend tailgating in someones lot/yard on the west side of the stadium, usually just south of Lambeau on Ridge Road. We usually get there 4-5 hours before kickoff and drive right in, I'm not sure that the stadium opens that early though. I do remember one time we lined up on Oneida before the game until they opened the gates but I definetely prefer the other side in someones yard/lot. Lot's of people, lots going on and good food all around. You'll even see some Giants fans, I'm sure. When we tailgate we always go to the lot across from Krolls West, it is kiddy corner from Lambeau, nice location. I believe he charges $40. If we are just looking to park we will usually park in someones yard (usually $10-$20) to the west of the stadium and walk to a bar until we're ready to go in.

Stadium tours are on a first come first serve basis and they run Saturday but not gameday.

Any other questions just ask and have a gerat time at the game. Wish I could go.

Montesdaddy
01-11-2012, 10:58 PM
Green Bay will be having four bus routes taking people to and from the stadium on Sunday.

http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/local/green_bay/packers-playoffs-and-public-transit?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

cherylz
01-12-2012, 10:47 AM
For the game on Sunday - If any one is looking for a RIDE TO GREEN BAY from MILWAUKEE - there is a SHUTTLE BUS - www.GoLamers.com

BlueJayC
01-12-2012, 11:04 AM
I do remember one time we lined up on Oneida before the game until they opened the gates.</P>

Thanks! Been looking for this info for the past three days and they couldn't answer it on the Packers board nor anywhere else......appreciate it.</P>

Anyone know if there is a bus or something leaving from Milwaukee?!?!?!?! Hahaha......</P>