PDA

View Full Version : Rodgers is going to target Prince

nyknstill!
01-09-2012, 02:22 PM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see.

IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it.

Coach Carter
01-09-2012, 02:51 PM
HE IS A ROOKIE and he missed 10 games. STFU r@t@rd.

Coach Carter
01-09-2012, 02:52 PM
Rogers targets EVERYONE!!!!!

G-Man67
01-09-2012, 02:55 PM
ha, well there's 2 extremes ... it's very hard to judge what we have with Prince now, but for now it is not about figuring out if the pick was worth it ... now, it's about all hands on deck ... Prince and Williams and Joseph and Scott and Jerrigan and all our young guys need to contribute and really, i don't consider them rookies at this point, esp. if they have been playing all year ... Prince did miss a lot of time though

chbecker_99
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
This is assuming Ross is out?

trenken311
01-09-2012, 03:02 PM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see.

IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it.

He's going to target everyone. You think he's afraid of anyone on our swiss cheese pass defense? Please. He's going to eat them alive.

All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.

lttaylor56
01-09-2012, 03:13 PM

He's going to target everyone. You think he's afraid of anyone on our swiss cheese pass defense? Please. He's going to eat them alive.

All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.He does get rid of the ball exceptionally quick. We kept pace with their scoring last time. No reason why we cannot do it again. Their defense is not so great.

chbecker_99
01-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Our Defense and Dline, has improved by leaps and bounds since they played last. Osi's back, and Fewell has them playing. Should be able to keep them under 38 this time around!

JMFP2
01-09-2012, 03:52 PM

All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.

The Giants defense has improved over the past 3 weeks. Packers aren't the Falcons, but the Falcons were a good team this year, and the Giants defense took a tire iron to them yesterday.

GiantsYanks
01-09-2012, 04:00 PM

The Giants defense has improved over the past 3 weeks. Packers aren't the Falcons, but the Falcons were a good team this year, and the Giants defense took a tire iron to them yesterday.

"Giants defense took a tire iron to them yesterday."

Hahaha great analogy!

barran21
01-09-2012, 04:06 PM
If I remember correctly OSI was out for that game, and Tuck was still hurt, so I expect Rodgers to be rattle a lot in this game, his offensive line is playing with confidence from the SB victory but people forget they were one of the worst lines in the league 2 years ago, even last year when they won that SB, this year he's the 6th most sack QB with 36, Alex Smith is the most sacked QB with 44, and Rodgers took a game off, so he would have been higher on the list, this D-line will get after him.........

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 04:08 PM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see. IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it. He's going to target everyone. You think he's afraid of anyone on our swiss cheese pass defense? Please. He's going to eat them alive. All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.</P>

he's the best QB in the game.</P>

its natural for fans to try and take comfort from the last 2 games, but really, they're night and day compared to what we're about to face.</P>

he's amazing and has so many targets.</P>

if he gets off to a fast start, and we do our usual offensive warm up for a quarter and a half before we actually start scoring, the game will be over.</P>

</P>

JMFP2
01-09-2012, 04:13 PM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see. IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it. He's going to target everyone. You think he's afraid of anyone on our swiss cheese pass defense? Please. He's going to eat them alive. All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.</P>

its natural for fans to try and take comfort from the last 2 games, but really, they're night and day compared to what we're about to face.</P>

if he gets off to a fast start, and we do our usual offensive warm up for a quarter and a half before we actually start scoring, the game will be over.</P>

*</P>

The Giants pass rush needs to get to him...simple as that.

But, Eli has the weapons to hang with them if they don't.

Should be a great game.

MrDenmark
01-09-2012, 04:46 PM
He's a rookie. If rookies play well, fine. If they don't, no worries because they're rookies.

Get it?

dezzzR
01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
This is assuming Ross is out?Yea, I guess thats what hes assuming.

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}">From ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk: When asked about Aaron Ross (concussion), Justin Tuck says "Ross is playing."
</span></h6>
I believe he still needs to be cleared by doctors.

sc_markt
01-09-2012, 05:21 PM

Then the Giants need to have him scrambling for his life because then he'll have a harder time throwing accurate passes. Even better, he can't throw if he's sacked. I'd love to see at least 8 sacks on him in this game.

Victorcruzwr
01-09-2012, 06:51 PM
Prince Amukmara will be a beast hes a good player if he starts i think he will have a great game but hope arron ross comesback if not will blackmon will play and he sucks

NY_Eli
01-09-2012, 06:57 PM
And JPP, Osi, and Tuck will target Rodgers.

brad
01-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Thats the NFL, but I don't think Rodgers will specifically target Prince, he has plenty of receivers who can get open... The Giants secondary is not what will win this game, the front 4 will. If they don't get pressure, and a lot of it, it wouldn't matter who we had in our secondary.

nyknstill!
01-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Thats the NFL, but I don't think Rodgers will specifically target Prince, he has plenty of receivers who can get open... The Giants secondary is not what will win this game, the front 4 will. If they don't get pressure, and a lot of it, it wouldn't matter who we had in our secondary.

he did it the last game, targeted Prince, the plays vs Drivers and the throws leading to the middle of the field. I do agree, our pass rush needs to be on it's game.

nyknstill!
01-10-2012, 04:38 AM
HE IS A ROOKIE and he missed 10 games. STFU r@t@rd.

Did you read my post at all, do I come off as a hater you moron? what did you do read the thread title and assume or something, I love Prince, obviously I know Rodgers will target him, that's anyone would do, test the rookie and hard.

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 05:45 AM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see. IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it. He's going to target everyone. You think he's afraid of anyone on our swiss cheese pass defense? Please. He's going to eat them alive. All we can hope for is Eli can match scores and we can somehow get some pressure on Rodgers, which is not the same as pressuring Mark Sanchez or Matt Ryan. Rodgers makes quicker and smarter decisions before anyone can get to him. This is why he's so successful now. He's like Montana was. Deliver the ball in 1.5 second to receivers that arent even looking at the ball until it's halfway to them. It's lethal.</p>

he's the best QB in the game.</p>

its natural for fans to try and take comfort from the last 2 games, but really, they're night and day compared to what we're about to face.</p>

he's amazing and has so many targets.</p>

if he gets off to a fast start, and we do our usual offensive warm up for a quarter and a half before we actually start scoring, the game will be over.</p>

</p>
+1...I think our O will need to keep up with Rodgers much like our D did against ATL. You best believe Rodgers will score more than 0 points.

Gunakor
01-10-2012, 05:50 AM
Mr. Rodgers will target whoever the open receiver is. The worst WR on Green Bay's roster right now just happens to be the all time franchise record holder in yards and receptions. Then there's the 4 WR's better than him, and an exceptionally talented tight end that poses matchup problems for anybody. I highly doubt AR is going to be singling out G-Men DB's for target practice.

giantjordie
01-10-2012, 06:07 AM
This is assuming Ross is out?Yea, I guess thats what hes assuming.

<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}">From ESPN's Ohm Youngmisuk: When asked about Aaron Ross (concussion), Justin Tuck says "Ross is playing."
</span></h6>
I believe he still needs to be cleared by doctors.

Yep, cleared by Dr Tuck...

Dr Tuck Says, You Do...

jomo
01-10-2012, 07:18 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Rodgers is even smarter than we thought, given the choice of Webster or Prince he chooses Prince. Amazing!</FONT>

Captain Chaos
01-10-2012, 07:28 AM
This is assuming Ross is out?

What's the difference, he will either target Prince or Ross... They just have to disrupt the routes and the D line has to get solid pressure. Easier said than done....

chasjay
01-10-2012, 07:51 AM
I hope he hits him a time or two!! [:)]

jomo
01-10-2012, 07:55 AM
I hope he hits him a time or two!! [:)]
Nice! [B]

Redeyejedi
01-10-2012, 08:19 AM

IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it.He played really well against the Falcons

SweetZombieJesus
01-10-2012, 08:28 AM
Rodgers could target Webby and win the battle -- the guy is incredibly quick and accurate and could hit those back shoulder passes all day in single coverage.

RagTime Blue
01-10-2012, 08:31 AM
My two cents on this issue:

.01 - I think Fewell has GOT to send blitzes practically every other play. Rodgers will pick us apart slowly if we don't, or maybe in one play if we do. . .what's the difference?? Only difference is with a blitz, we have a better chance to force an error or maybe a sack.

.02 - I think if Rodgers targets Prince, it won't be the worst thing in the world. Prince seems to have a way of letting a receiver look open, and then closing the gap REALLY FAST.

buddy33
01-10-2012, 08:33 AM
Yeah I was looking for him the other day and he looked like he was playing good. I saw one play where Jones caught the ball but Prince was all over him and it went for a short gain.

Didn't they say they simplified the defense? Maybe they are working him in any way they can. I think even if Ross plays we will still see a lot of Prince.

GameTime
01-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Yeah I was looking for him the other day and he looked like he was playing good. I saw one play where Jones caught the ball but Prince was all over him and it went for a short gain. Didn't they say they simplified the defense? Maybe they are working him in any way they can. I think even if Ross plays we will still see a lot of Prince.</P>

each Giants defensive player who was interviewed the last week and Coughlin were all asked about the defense being "simplified"..</P>

They all emphatically said "NO". Not simplified just that they all understand their rolls within the defense and are trusting that everyone knows what to do and where to be. Some of the players were "doing too much" and with that comes blown resposibilities. </P>

So the trust is there and each player is doing "their" job only so to speak. For example....vs Dalllas there was a pressure packaged called where Tuck occupied two blockers and Osi came on a delayed blitz behind. If Tuck doesnt do his job and Osi decides not to wait because he thinks Tuck cant get it done then the play doesnt work. Not saying those two were the culprits of doing too much just pointing out an example of what can get accomplished if the scheme is executed properly.</P>

OX1
01-10-2012, 11:20 AM
each Giants defensive player who was interviewed the last week and Coughlin were all asked about the defense being "simplified"..</p>

They all emphatically said "NO".</p>So Grant changed his mind??

“He went back to the old ways. He solidified: ‘Regardless of they
give us A, B, C or D, this is what we’re doing,’?” safety Deon Grant
said on Monday. “Before, trying to protect certain people or whatever
the case may be, we had a different call for A, a different call for B
and so on.

“Guys mentally were faster with it (against the Jets). That’s the way
it was last year and in the beginning of the season this year.”</p>http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2011/12/back_to_the_basics_giants_defe.html (http://)

</p>

JPP
01-10-2012, 12:53 PM

*</P>

I agree that is what kills us usually is the quarter and a half it takes to finally start moving up and down the field scoring points. Luckily the D showed up against the Falcons because our offense took its pimp time getting to the game and those kind of mistakes will be our undoing against the Packers.

Kase-1
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
No matter what AR was gonna target our LBs, Grant, and our #2 CB wether it be Ross or Prince; no matter who it was/is gonna be I see rodgers going after him all day

jimsgints
01-10-2012, 02:02 PM
But we now can bring the pressure from the outside thus forcing rogers to stay in the pocket and not make those mad scrambles that a lot of times brings major yards. By keeping him penned up he won't be able to "target" any particular Giants player. This I believe will also lead to a few bad throws. If we can turn a couple of those turnovers into points, we win..

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM

Grow up? Are you kidding??? Prince has grown up tremendously.. 1999 was 10 times better then his album controversy.

NYCDBS
01-10-2012, 03:24 PM
All I know is I didn't see too much of that rush 3 garbage last week that we have been seeing all year and Rodgers won't be sitting back there looking at our soft zone this time either.

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-10-2012, 03:55 PM
he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see.

I couldn't disagree more, I Think he gets better with ever game...against Atlanta, he was tight on coverage....played the zone well (I hate ZONE) and challenged receivers at the LOS...It is only a matter of time until he starts baiting QB's and that is some next level stuff.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 04:13 PM
That's not something I'm looking forward to. Honestly the pressure is on Prince to grow up and grow up quick. And everytime I see him in the field, he just looks like a baby, and has this soft player look to him. IDK why, but that's what I see. IDK if he'll ever reach Revis Island potential, since he has trouble turning his hips and chasing down the middle opponents, but hopefully he finds it b/c we're going to need it.</P>

Well, let's target Rodgers.</P>

TroyArcher
01-10-2012, 04:21 PM
And Tuck, Osi, JPP, Canty, Tolly and company are trageting Rodgers. Lets Go!!

Kase-1
01-10-2012, 11:40 PM

Grow up? Are you kidding??? Prince has grown up tremendously.. 1999 was 10 times better then his album controversy.Totally agreed, but Purple Rain Soundtrack is also up in the discussion