PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Green Bay???

jessieboo
01-09-2012, 04:04 PM
Going to Green Bay for the game on Sunday and wanted to see if any other Giants fans wanted to possibly meet up.

Let me know.

chbecker_99
01-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Thought about it, until I saw its going to be a high of 18 degrees that day. Also looks like a difficult place to get to with a direct flight.

If we are fortunate enough to make the NFC Championship, we'll be going then...especially if in San Fran!

BlueJayC
01-09-2012, 06:49 PM
Going to Green Bay for the game on Sunday and wanted to see if any other Giants fans wanted to possibly meet up. Let me know.</P>

Driving out Friday......we're trying to get a parking pass for the actual stadium lot......if not then we'll do one of those front lawn parking jobs. Will post where we're gonna be.....if you're a Giant fan you're welcome to tailgate.</P>

MikeJerky32
01-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I got 6 guys going- trying to figure out whats the best option for tailgate Sunday am or going to a local bar before the game....if anyone has any info or advice- please throw it out there.

iamwallace
01-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I'm trying like hell to get a ride if possible, from Chicago probably, or Madison, or anywhere. If anyone has any open space, I'd appreciate it. Can send any and all info you might need. Go giants.

jessieboo
01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Still investigating. Will let you know what I learn.

TrueBlue07
01-09-2012, 11:16 PM
my friend and i wanted to go, but all of our other friends who are giants fans punked out...too far of a drive for just 2 of us to do

Scarfacee71
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
I wanted to go. Flight prices are nuts. I coulda got good tickets at a good price too

Scarfacee71
01-09-2012, 11:25 PM
double post

killerblue8787
01-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I want to go I found flight and hotel in Milwaukee for 400 but I need to find out if there is any type of transportation from milwaukee to Lambeau

Scarfacee71
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
thats a round trip flight and hotel for how long?

400 is a nice price

CT_NYG_FAN
01-09-2012, 11:47 PM
There are no mass transits from Milwaukee. I am staying in Appleton. Try there.

killerblue8787
01-09-2012, 11:48 PM
Friday to monday to Milwaukee I don't drive though I am trying to find out if there is any transportation to Lambeau on game day If there is none then I can't go :(

killerblue8787
01-09-2012, 11:51 PM
There are no mass transits from Milwaukee. I am staying in Appleton. Try there.

How much for flight and hotel you would think?

Scarfacee71
01-09-2012, 11:55 PM
yea if anyone finds any good deals on flights and/or hotels let me know

njsean
01-10-2012, 12:04 AM
Milwaukee to GB is a bit of a hike...no public transport outside of a taxi.

better off flying into GB.

Its kind of a small town..its not at all like a city.

MikeJerky32
01-10-2012, 08:51 AM
Flying into CHi.....mini van seats 7.....rental for 3 days and unlimited miles is $150 on hotwire.com ----got 6 guys going- that is a pretty good deal- flying into CHi sat am- the drive is 3 1/2 hours- and then monday am- driving back to Chi for a late evening flight-- hotel plus flight and rental about 500 per man all in.

jessieboo
01-10-2012, 09:39 AM
Flying into CHi.....mini van seats 7.....rental for 3 days and unlimited miles is $150 on hotwire.com ----got 6 guys going- that is a pretty good deal- flying into CHi sat am- the drive is 3 1/2 hours- and then monday am- driving back to Chi for a late evening flight-- hotel plus flight and rental about 500 per man all in.

I'm flying in to Chicago as well, but Sunday morning at 6a, then out Monday around noon. $156 directly from LGA. Also rented my car on hotwire, hotel on hotwire too, that was the worst part since we wanted to be in green bay, not appleton.

If anyone knows what lot they'll be in, let me know. I haven't bought a parking pass yet.

BlueJayC
01-10-2012, 10:37 AM
As others have mentioned if you're flying from the NYC area fly to Chicago and rent a car......a lot cheaper from the NYC area than to GB direct or Milwaukee.....LGA has the cheapest flights.....around $200 round trip. From CHI you rent a car and it's a straight shot 3 hours north. Stayed in the Days Inn by Titletown Brewery last year.....fairly inexpensive.</P>

Gameday.....we're driving out and throwing a full tailgate so we got a stadium lot pass form a season ticket holder.....the only other option is either residential street parking or someone's front/back lawn....go to craigslist/Green Bay/items for sale/tickets and type in "parking" a bunch of links wil come up.</P>

If you'd rather do the bar thing pre-game I recommend Stadium View.....but you got to get there early to get a table.....good eats and beer. Between Stadium View and the actual Stadium itself there is this atrium/mall where they do this $20 all you can drink draft beer party with a DJ too.....it was pretty cool and was part indoors part out which is key because of the cold.</P>

TheGMENway
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I GOING &gt; my pals punked out. Do you know a Giant grp I can buy tixs with?

sweetlou56
01-10-2012, 11:21 AM
im drivin out saturday morning thinkin about stoppin in chi get a hotel and head out sunday morning to GB..prob just park wherever we can find then walk around and find some GIANTS tailgaiters, hangout check out the atrium..gonna be a great game! ALL IN!!!!

UK-Giantsfan
01-10-2012, 11:37 AM
I thought about it for a brief moment , but then realised that my wife would divorce me ! ( just got back to England from NY this morning )
I would love to be going to GB.
Go Giants
Regards UK

jessieboo
01-10-2012, 05:50 PM
BlueJayc.. Do you mind if we join your tailgate?

BlueJayC
01-10-2012, 07:01 PM
BlueJayc.. Do you mind if we join your tailgate?</P>

Giants fans are always welcome (some opposing fans as well namely my cousins)......as of now we got a mix of Packer and Giants fans and 1 Jet fan (he's putting us up in Chicago so we had to get him a ticket and give him a ride).</P>

Not sure what kind of space we're gonna be limited to as I hear they're pretty strict out there with regards to spots in the actual stadium lot, but we're giving it a go. Also not sure what specific lot this pass gives us access to. I believe it's Oneida Street North General ParkingLot: http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2011gameday-access-plan.pdfbut could also be the general lot on the opposite side of the stadium.</P>

Once I have the pass in hand I'll post whatarea we'll be gunning for.</P>

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 07:02 PM
I thought about it for a brief moment , but then realised that my wife would divorce me ! ( just got back to England from NY this morning )
I would love to be going to GB.
Go Giants
Regards UK

tell us about your trip. i thought it was awesome you were so dedicated to going

I am so pissed. I wanted to go, but could only get 1 other friend to go. Too much driving for 2 of us.

jessieboo
01-10-2012, 09:10 PM
We purchased a pass today. We will be parked across the street from the stadium in someone's backyard.. It will be an easy walk for us.. What should we bring?

BlueJayC
01-11-2012, 02:22 PM
We purchased a pass today. We will be parked across the street from the stadium in someone's backyard.. It will be an easy walk for us.. What should we bring?</P>

Feel free to bring whatever....we'll have the typical stuff.....burgers, dogs, still trying to decide if we're bringing the fryer......more beer never hurt.....so I checked with Lambeau and we'll be in the Oneida lot: <FONT color=#99aa99>http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2011gameday-access-plan.pdf</FONT> (http://prod.static.packers.clubs.nfl.com/assets/docs/2011gameday-access-plan.pdf)</P>

Just off the southeast portion of the stadium.....apparently this is tailgating's Ground Zero.....we should be real easy to spot.....it'll be the mini-van with the Giants Country Flag and this thing on top:</P>

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h127/jasonjcollins/BubbaDay.jpg</P>

jkrewe
01-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Im driving wicked early sunday morning from chicago (6ish), and picking up my boy in milwaukee- let me know if you want a ride

cherylz
01-11-2012, 07:11 PM
There is a SHUTTLE BUS FROM MILWAUKEE TO GREEN BAY! Jan. 15th -
visit: www.GoLamers.com for more info

cherylz
01-11-2012, 07:13 PM
If anyone is looking for A RIDE TO LAMBEAU - there is a SHUTTLE BUS from MILWAUKEE TO GREEN BAY on Jan 15th!
www.GoLamers.com

cherylz
01-11-2012, 07:14 PM
www.GoLamers.com
SHUTTLE BUS between MILWAUKEE and GREEN BAY!

Gianthunter
01-11-2012, 07:21 PM
It's a Great place you WILL have a great time.

weeds123
01-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Story on one of the Green Bay news broadcasts tonight...there are about 1,000 hotel rooms still available in and around Green Bay. THIS is very rare on any game day...if you're looking for a room, I'd start googling.

Harlem Joey
01-12-2012, 02:48 PM
I'm coming out with 4 giants fans from NYC. Like most, we're flying into Chicago and then making the treck up to green bay. I would also like to join the giants tailgate. Do you mind if we hop on? of course we'll have beers and some whiskey. Its going to be cold but we gotta stay warm! ALLLL IN!

JRiv
01-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm flying in from Brooklyn with another buddy and it happens to be my birthday. Let's just say I'm ready for this weekend!So I rented a car and itsounds like the place to park is the Onieda lot? Is it that the game plan for us Giants fans?? Let's do this!!!!</P>

PitmasterK
01-12-2012, 03:45 PM
A friend and I are flying from Long Island to Chicago Saturday night and doing the drive to Green Bay early Sunday morning. We're parking on someone's lawn right outside the stadium. Sounds like we'll see you all in the Oneida lot!

brothaom
01-12-2012, 03:46 PM
Driving from Hoboken to Green Bay!!!

Probably a terrible idea but we're going to make the trek anyway...

Hope you don't mind some fellow Hoboken/Jersey City folk joining the tailgate!

jessieboo
01-12-2012, 07:38 PM
A flight into Chicago would be cheaper than driving... That's a long drive, good luck!

NYGplease
01-13-2012, 04:23 AM
My brother and I are flying into Chicago sat night and driving up to Green Bay Sunday morning. If anyone wants to split expenses we'd take a passenger.