PDA

View Full Version : What's GB boards saying?

miked1958
01-09-2012, 07:56 PM
Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried

Rudyy
01-09-2012, 08:01 PM
Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..

repeatchamps
01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..</P>

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.</P>

jomo
01-09-2012, 08:23 PM
Are they pretty confident or are some of them a bit worried Overall, I get the impression that they know they have a tough game ahead of them, but they still think they can pull it through. Kind of like us..</P>

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.</P>Thathow you'dexpect a class organization's fans to act. <FONT color=#ff0000>Just like Eagles fans.</FONT> [;)]

shotcalla39
01-09-2012, 09:06 PM

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.</P>That*how you'd*expect a class organization's fans to act. <FONT color=#ff0000>Just like Eagles fans.</FONT> [;)]

They have class fans.... My buddy is a big pack fan can't wait to watch the gmen stifle their offense

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Just like Pats fans in 2007-08. They feel good, but not great about their chances. 35-38 had something to do with both of them.</P>

Bohemian
01-09-2012, 10:36 PM
I have always had great respect for the Packers, and all organization that represent the best that the league stand for. That is why I have always been proud of our team to be in the best division in the league, where only classic organizations are welcome... that is if we can turn a blind eye to the idiotic eagles. Having said that, there is nothing as great as the Giants. What a pleasure it is to watch them build a roster full of stand up warriors; and none bigger than their head coach.

CDN_G-FAN
01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Packer fans are knowledgable and not overly homerish either.

most have said we were the one team they didn't want to face, but they're not down on their team so few if any are predicting they'll lose.

there's a couple saying we have no chance, but they get ridiculed pretty quickly for saying as much.

Gunakor
01-10-2012, 06:43 AM
As a representative of a few of those Packers boards I'd like to give my 2 cents on the matter.

Neither team is the same as the teams who played each other in the regular season. Green Bay has reason to worry because, unlike the previous meeting, the G-Men will be at full strength on the D-Line. This might be the most ferocious pass rush Green Bay has seen all season long. Likewise, unlike the previous meeting, the Packers will be at full strength on the O-Line. Chad Clifton and Bryan Bulaga will be returning to their starting roles at left and right tackle. TJ Lang then will be able to return to his natural left guard spot. The battles in the trenches will be very, very different. I still give the edge to the Giants pass rush but it's not as wide a gap as most would suggest.

When we get past the battles in the trenches and pressure starts to mount on Aaron Rodgers, then we'll get to see the best QB under pressure in the NFL do his thing. Everybody knows what AR can do in a clean pocket with time to go through his reads. Even more importantly, as it relates to this game especially, AR is the best QB in the NFL against pressure. The only way to rattle him is by having both an elite pass rush that can get to him with just 4 AND outstanding cover DB's. The former you guys have, but the latter leaves something to be desired.

Here's the bottom line as I see it. The best chance for New York to win is in a shootout because, while the G-Men will certainly create pressure on AR, I don't think it'll be enough to rattle him and get him out of his game. Rodgers is just too efficient even under incredible pressure and the Giants defensive backfield is not great. Green Bay is going to put points on the board. Eli and that offense is going to have to put up a pretty crooked number, something they are obviously capable of.

But we as Packer fans feel the same way about our chances. For good reason we believe we can win a shootout with any team in the NFL. So here's my prediction. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 80's then Green Bay hosts New Orleans next weekend for the right to go to Indianapolis. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 30's or 40's then the Giants will be headed to New Orleans to punch their ticket to the show.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 07:04 AM
As a representative of nobody, not even myself, allow me to tell you in advance....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9z8F4fgj6Q

jomo
01-10-2012, 08:16 AM

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.</P>Thathow you'dexpect a class organization's fans to act. <FONT color=#ff0000>Just like Eagles fans.</FONT> [;)] They have class fans.... My buddy is a big pack fan can't wait to watch the gmen stifle their offenseTheir fans were the best oposing fans I've seen in our stadium and there were a boat load of them earlier this year. I was contrasting them with the team in green from down the turnpike.

sausage
01-10-2012, 08:19 AM
I was browsing their forums and there was a lot of noise about JPP apparently predicting a win. then a couple of their fans saying they hope he gets an ACL injury. a couple other fans called them out on it though. i am too lazy to go find the link but it is out there in their forums.

chasjay
01-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I was browsing their forums and there was a lot of noise about JPP apparently predicting a win. then a couple of their fans saying they hope he gets an ACL injury. a couple other fans called them out on it though. i am too lazy to go find the link but it is out there in their forums.

Not taking a personal shot at your post, but is there anything that can't be found in a message board? I even saw a couple comments on this board about the son of the Packers OC that I would say were less than respectful. Overall, Packer fans seem to know football and respect the game and the players/coaches. I hope the Packers, as a team, become over-confident - but I don't expect they will.

sausage
01-10-2012, 09:05 AM
i was just answering the question :)

Not taking a personal shot at your post, but is there anything that can't be found in a message board? I even saw a couple comments on this board about the son of the Packers OC that I would say were less than respectful. Overall, Packer fans seem to know football and respect the game and the players/coaches. I hope the Packers, as a team, become over-confident - but I don't expect they will.

MattMeyerBud
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM

most seem to think we have no shot

lttaylor56
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM

Similar to the last playoff go-around. Pretty much what I expected to hear. I wouldn't expect anything else from their fans. All In, all hands on deck, let's leave it all on the field.</P>That*how you'd*expect a class organization's fans to act. <FONT color=#ff0000>Just like Eagles fans.</FONT> [;)]+1 Their fan base has class. They were very nice to us when we were there for the 2007 nfc champs. Their fans even wished me luck to go beat Brady's *** after our overtime win in Lambeau.

burier
01-10-2012, 12:27 PM
Just like Pats fans in 2007-08. They feel good, but not great about their chances. 35-38 had something to do with both of them.</P>

Pats fans where quite confident going into that SB. Not sure who you were talking to.

Pats fans are the most annoying fans in football. Half of them didn't even care about football until the SB started comming in and they act all ****y even though the last time they won anything my son wasn't even thought of.

allentown PA
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
most think we have no shot..very little actual football talk there...mostly trash talk..its kind of boring...I always thought packer fans had a high football IQ...I was wrong.

MattMeyerBud
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
most think we have no shot..very little actual football talk there...mostly trash talk..its kind of boring...I always thought packer fans had a high football IQ...I was wrong.

yea im with ya. A couple of them are good

but they seem more homers than football heads....

they just say thing and wont' back it up with any logical reason why or stats or anything.

I did enjoy myself on ATL's boards last week. Good back and forth

allentown PA
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM

they just say thing and wont' back it up with any logical reason why or stats or anything.*

agreed..would have never thought the falcon fans would be better when it comes to talking football.

miken609
01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Pats fans didn't think that there was any way that they would lose that game

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 02:58 PM
I know allentown, MMB, and myself are over there.....

Anyone else? I see a couple unknown Giants fans.

If your name is Giantsfan2012 you're a little *****

allentown PA
01-10-2012, 03:03 PM

lol..why..what did he do?

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 03:12 PM

He's just a little *****. He whined when I started going back and fourth with a GB fan in his thread because some GB fan called me out, and he got mad the attention wasn't on him. He's essentially on his knees trying to gain acceptance on that board..... it's really quite pathetic and disgraceful.

Basically, he is there to sip tea and be a Green Bay lapdog.

jjj45
01-10-2012, 03:17 PM

He's just a little *****. He whined when I started going back and fourth with a GB fan in his thread because some GB fan called me out, and he got mad the attention wasn't on him. He's essentially on his knees trying to gain acceptance on that board..... it's really quite pathetic and disgraceful.

Reminds me of all the "giants fans" on the EMB. Besides yourself and a very few others.

supergiants07
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
where is the message board at? I'm on the packers website but can't find a link for the boards anywhere

BlueReign
01-10-2012, 03:29 PM

I'm passthesalsa.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
where is the message board at? I'm on the packers website but can't find a link for the boards anywhere</P>

+1. I looked a few times and couldn't find it.</P>

Can anyone please provide a link?</P>

jjj45
01-10-2012, 03:32 PM
where is the message board at? I'm on the packers website but can't find a link for the boards anywhere</p>

+1. I looked a few times and couldn't find it.</p>

Can anyone please provide a link?</p>

http://www.packerforum.com/threads/official-giants-packer-talk.33564/page-5

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 03:42 PM

I'm passthesalsa.

Love the name lol [Y]

BlueReign
01-10-2012, 03:48 PM

I'm passthesalsa.

Love the name lol [Y]

Haha thanks. Had to do it.

swimeasy
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
quote user="Gunakor" The best chance for New York to win is in a shootout because, while the G-Men will certainly create pressure on AR, I don't think it'll be enough to rattle him and get him out of his game. Rodgers is just too efficient even under incredible pressure and the Giants defensive backfield is not great. </P>

Or perhaps the best pressure on AR is no pressure on the sidelines.As in no opportunity for Rogers to touch the ball. Grind it out running game plan with intermittent short passes and occasionally Eli airs it out just to keep everyone honest. Control TOP, keep the GB defense off balance and the GB offense off the field.</P>

</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-10-2012, 05:20 PM

they just say thing and wont' back it up with any logical reason why or stats or anything.

agreed..would have never thought the falcon fans would be better when it comes to talking football.

ditto

MattMeyerBud
01-10-2012, 05:21 PM

Reminds me of all the "giants fans" on the EMB. Besides yourself and a very few others.

they didnt' accept me over there :(

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 06:28 PM
I'll give you a clue. I was there earlier with MattMeyerBud, and you can't rile them up. I said something about getting to rodgers and making him cry like a baby, and I got
"Ok if you say so"
Now if that was the Eagles board, I would have gotten
@#$$@#%#$%@#

keyofgmen
01-10-2012, 06:46 PM
As a representative of a few of those Packers boards I'd like to give my 2 cents on the matter.

Neither team is the same as the teams who played each other in the regular season. Green Bay has reason to worry because, unlike the previous meeting, the G-Men will be at full strength on the D-Line. This might be the most ferocious pass rush Green Bay has seen all season long. Likewise, unlike the previous meeting, the Packers will be at full strength on the O-Line. Chad Clifton and Bryan Bulaga will be returning to their starting roles at left and right tackle. TJ Lang then will be able to return to his natural left guard spot. The battles in the trenches will be very, very different. I still give the edge to the Giants pass rush but it's not as wide a gap as most would suggest.

When we get past the battles in the trenches and pressure starts to mount on Aaron Rodgers, then we'll get to see the best QB under pressure in the NFL do his thing. Everybody knows what AR can do in a clean pocket with time to go through his reads. Even more importantly, as it relates to this game especially, AR is the best QB in the NFL against pressure. The only way to rattle him is by having both an elite pass rush that can get to him with just 4 AND outstanding cover DB's. The former you guys have, but the latter leaves something to be desired.

Here's the bottom line as I see it. The best chance for New York to win is in a shootout because, while the G-Men will certainly create pressure on AR, I don't think it'll be enough to rattle him and get him out of his game. Rodgers is just too efficient even under incredible pressure and the Giants defensive backfield is not great. Green Bay is going to put points on the board. Eli and that offense is going to have to put up a pretty crooked number, something they are obviously capable of.

But we as Packer fans feel the same way about our chances. For good reason we believe we can win a shootout with any team in the NFL. So here's my prediction. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 80's then Green Bay hosts New Orleans next weekend for the right to go to Indianapolis. If the combined final score is somewhere in the 30's or 40's then the Giants will be headed to New Orleans to punch their ticket to the show.

I was with ya until you contradicted yourself.You said Giants best chance to win was in a shootout, but in the end you said Giants would win in the lower scoring game.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 07:08 PM

I was with ya until you contradicted yourself.You said Giants best chance to win was in a shootout, but in the end you said Giants would win in the lower scoring game.

What makes you think either the Giants or Packers will be going to N.O.? Do you think that Brees will have a field day in San Fran??

miked1958
01-10-2012, 07:23 PM
I say we end Goliath' s season just like Alabama did to LSU last night. They were unbeaten and supposed to be invincible. They were humbled in their own back yard by a team that held them to 92 total yards of offense and shut out a team that was 8-0 and dominated all the games they played in the dome. They only crossed the 50 one time and that drive ended around the 50.

We can go to green bay and do the same thing to them. Shock the world

BlueReign
01-10-2012, 07:47 PM
Mostly homers over there. Most posts range from "15-1" to "How do you know?" No one can talk football with the exception of a few.

weeds123
01-10-2012, 09:03 PM

<span class="style1">"Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions." -- </span><span class="style1">Evan Esar

Have to tell you guys ... I've been slumming around internet football forums since...oh... 1997 or so. Moderated a couple of them ... found that the guys who come in with cut 'n' paste stats and posts that creak and groan with overbearing "football talk" are usually the guys sitting by their computer monitors all day drinking Blatz and chain smoking Tarytons. That's NOT where you're going to find intelligent fans.

Fact is ... the terms "intelligent" and "fan" are mutually exclusive. Most have never played nor coached and the only knowledge they have, they picked up from the talking heads on ESPN, or from their Dad, who picked it up from ESPN. So... enlighten me ... how does THIS site differ from ANY other on the internet? I'll give you one thing, there are a helluva lot of good guys here, that's for sure...and they're fans of a worthy organization, that too is for sure ... but beyond that, what is the difference between this site and any other fan site for a specific sports organization?
</span>

Drez
01-10-2012, 09:26 PM

they didnt' accept me over there :(
</P>

I got my membership declined on the 49ers forums the week before that game. Was pretty lame.</P>

allentown PA
01-10-2012, 10:38 PM

they just say thing and wont' back it up with any logical reason why or stats or anything.*

<span class="style1">"Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions."* --* </span><span class="style1">Evan Esar

Have to tell you guys ... I've been slumming around internet football forums since...oh... 1997 or so. Moderated a couple of them ... found that the guys who come in with cut 'n' paste stats and posts that creak and groan with overbearing "football talk" are usually the guys sitting by their computer monitors all day drinking Blatz and chain smoking Tarytons. That's NOT where you're going to find intelligent fans.

Fact is ... the terms "intelligent" and "fan" are mutually exclusive. Most have never played nor coached and the only knowledge they have, they picked up from the talking heads on ESPN, or from their Dad, who picked it up from ESPN. So... enlighten me ... how does THIS site differ from ANY other on the internet?* I'll give you one thing, there are a helluva lot of good guys here, that's for sure...and they're fans of a worthy organization, that too is for sure ... but beyond that, what is the difference between this site and any other fan site for a specific sports organization?
</span>

Imo the difference btwn this site and the packer site is for the most part the giants fans on here are far more objective about their team. IMO being a packer fan is like a religion..the people on that board cant see the forest throught the trees. They are all good people, dont get me wrong and I respect the packers and their fans but pointing out a flaw about a packer player on there is taboo. I have also found it difficult to engage in a real football conversation with most on that site. Usually the conversations are "we are the best team in football" or "Rodgers has never had a bad game" some arent even willing to admit the packers lack of a running game.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:41 PM
Mostly homers over there. Most posts range from "15-1" to "How do you know?" No one can talk football with the exception of a few.

I posted on their site -- they're cool. Ranges from "wary of this game" to "nothing to worry about." Same as you'd see on any boards, but they're definitely not the idiots you'd see with most other teams.

trenken311
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
They have cool fans, which you would expect from the most revered franchise in the NFL.

They seem to know the game could be tough, but like us feel like they could pull it out. It's a toss up. Giants are hot, they have extreme talent. Could easily go either way. It's all circumstancial.

Who makes critical penalties, who makes plays when absolutely needed, etc... Then again, could be a blow out one way or the other. It's just a game.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 02:37 AM
What makes you think either the Giants or Packers will be going to N.O.? Do you think that Brees will have a field day in San Fran??

Yes. I do. Same as he had everywhere else this season.

But New Orleans will be coming to Green Bay, not the other way around.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 02:53 AM
They are all good people, dont get me wrong and I respect the packers and their fans but pointing out a flaw about a packer player on there is taboo. I have also found it difficult to engage in a real football conversation with most on that site. Usually the conversations are "we are the best team in football" or "Rodgers has never had a bad game" some arent even willing to admit the packers lack of a running game.

2 statements here worthy of debate.

First is the assertion that pointing out a flaw in a Packer is taboo. Until the Super Bowl last season all anybody could talk about were AR's flaws. To this day people continually talk about the flaws of guys like AJ Hawk, James Jones, and to a HUGE extent this season, Jermichael Finley. Past Packer failures such as Justin Harrell or underachievers like Nick Barnett were constantly criticized - brutally at times. What we won't do is point out flaws that don't exist.

That brings me to the second statement worthy of debate. The percieved lack of a running game. That's a flaw that doesn't exist, because the run game serves it's purpose perfectly. There are 2 backs on the Packers roster that averaged 4+ ypc on the season. Both backs only average 10 carries or so per game, so their total production looks awful. But that's not the point of the run game to begin with. All we expect out of a run game here in Green Bay is enough to keep a defense honest. The point of the run game is to open up play action bombs to Jordy Nelson for TD's. And the run game has kept the play action open for business all season long. 500+ points later the Packers hold the #1 seed in the tournament. There is nothing wrong with our run game at all.

scoot12
01-11-2012, 02:57 AM
I am a Packers fan and I have said before the Packers don't have much of a running game. Also Rodgers is capable of having an off day. He did in Kansas City and it was because of there front four keeping him in the pocket and there dbs playing press coverage. Rodgers however has yet to have a bad day the last year and half if he gets just a little time to throw the ball. He will throw to guys even when they don't seem open. The one thing he doesn't do though is make many mistakes. I think the Giants are the most rounded team left in the nfc. Now will it be enough to beat the Pack, we will say but you have to admit it should be a classic. Scoot

dan1552
01-11-2012, 03:12 AM
I am a Packers fan and I have said before the Packers don't have much of a running game. Also Rodgers is capable of having an off day. He did in Kansas City and it was because of there front four keeping him in the pocket and there dbs playing press coverage. Rodgers however has yet to have a bad day the last year and half if he gets just a little time to throw the ball. He will throw to guys even when they don't seem open. The one thing he doesn't do though is make many mistakes. I think the Giants are the most rounded team left in the nfc. Now will it be enough to beat the Pack, we will say but you have to admit it should be a classic. Scoot

At the onset of the season it appeared to me that rogers and brees were rhythm passer , so basically the threw in anticipation on a runners route which made a defensive back anticipation of tipping or interception quite limited. As the season has progressed though they have both become more read and react with more passing to open recievers at the end of routes. I may be wrong in my analysis. Feedback appreciated.

GiantWarfare
01-11-2012, 03:14 AM
just signed up on their boards

jjj45
01-11-2012, 09:52 AM
just signed up on their boardsThe site that you guys are visiting..... all the packers fans there are a joke. there's like one guy who is giving us props.

The rest think we're a pushover that has the media slobbering all over us.

Is there another legit site? where they are not all cheeseheads with tunnel vision? Unless they are scared of us and feel threatened by our fans over there. Which is a big possibility.

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 09:56 AM
I'll give you a clue. I was there earlier with MattMeyerBud, and you can't rile them up. I said something about getting to rodgers and making him cry like a baby, and I got
"Ok if you say so"
Now if that was the Eagles board, I would have gotten
@#$$@#%#$%@#

haha actually I started trolling a lil bit to piss em off since they were being such *******s to you guys

told em that they aren't real owners and just victims of a great marketing plan. They bougth fake stcok

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 10:05 AM

I posted on their site -- they're cool. Ranges from "wary of this game" to "nothing to worry about." Same as you'd see on any boards, but they're definitely not the idiots you'd see with most other teams.

yea but the only ones who continue to talk or hold convos are the "nothing to worry about".

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 10:06 AM

<span class="style1">"Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions." -- </span><span class="style1">Evan Esar

Fact is ... the terms "intelligent" and "fan" are mutually exclusive. Most have never played nor coached and the only knowledge they have, they picked up from the talking heads on ESPN, or from their Dad, who picked it up from ESPN. So... enlighten me ... how does THIS site differ from ANY other on the internet? I'll give you one thing, there are a helluva lot of good guys here, that's for sure...and they're fans of a worthy organization, that too is for sure ... but beyond that, what is the difference between this site and any other fan site for a specific sports organization?
</span>

well quite frankly i can't stand TAGF for a while now. Its pretty awful in here. I was on Falcons boards last weeks and GB this week. I take with a grain of salt that there are morons every where, but you can still weed through and find quality posters of people looking to talk football and back different view points and debate.

I never said live and die by stats, but don't just make a bland statement and because u say it it makes it true. Its all about seeing different view points and having discussion - that why I come to message boards.

I would of never thought that there would be that much of a significant difference between the posters. Like automatically in GB just because i'm a Giants fan i'm a troll. We have no shot because Rodgers had an off day when we played last. Their oline is better than dline and they are healthy too.

Just alot of nothing out of the PAcker fans. Like they won't believe us that Nicks is actually our #1 WR lol

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
They are all good people, dont get me wrong and I respect the packers and their fans but pointing out a flaw about a packer player on there is taboo. I have also found it difficult to engage in a real football conversation with most on that site. Usually the conversations are "we are the best team in football" or "Rodgers has never had a bad game" some arent even willing to admit the packers lack of a running game.

First is the assertion that pointing out a flaw in a Packer is taboo. Until the Super Bowl last season all anybody could talk about were AR's flaws. To this day people continually talk about the flaws of guys like AJ Hawk, James Jones, and to a HUGE extent this season, Jermichael Finley. Past Packer failures such as Justin Harrell or underachievers like Nick Barnett were constantly criticized - brutally at times. What we won't do is point out flaws that don't exist.

That brings me to the second statement worthy of debate. The percieved lack of a running game. That's a flaw that doesn't exist, because the run game serves it's purpose perfectly. There are 2 backs on the Packers roster that averaged 4+ ypc on the season. Both backs only average 10 carries or so per game, so their total production looks awful. But that's not the point of the run game to begin with. All we expect out of a run game here in Green Bay is enough to keep a defense honest. The point of the run game is to open up play action bombs to Jordy Nelson for TD's. And the run game has kept the play action open for business all season long. 500+ points later the Packers hold the #1 seed in the tournament. There is nothing wrong with our run game at all.

well personally I actually had the Packers to win it all in 09 and they lost in a shootout week 1 vs Cardinals.

AJ Hawk has plenty reason for the gruff he gets, only year he played up was a contract year. James Jones is a good player but has had some serious drops in crunch time last year.

You guys run enough to where it works with your large passing game - but that doesn't mean u have a running game . (this is where stats can come into play) Don't tell me a 3.9 average per carry is having a running game with under 1600 yards is misconstrued. I'll give the the benefit of the doubt that it would of been better but ur backs were banged up all year, but 3.9 ypc as a team really speaks volumes

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 10:11 AM

<span class="style1">"Statistics: The only science that enables different experts using the same figures to draw different conclusions."* --* </span><span class="style1">Evan Esar

Fact is ... the terms "intelligent" and "fan" are mutually exclusive. Most have never played nor coached and the only knowledge they have, they picked up from the talking heads on ESPN, or from their Dad, who picked it up from ESPN. So... enlighten me ... how does THIS site differ from ANY other on the internet?* I'll give you one thing, there are a helluva lot of good guys here, that's for sure...and they're fans of a worthy organization, that too is for sure ... but beyond that, what is the difference between this site and any other fan site for a specific sports organization?
</span>

well quite frankly i can't stand TAGF for a while now. Its pretty awful in here. I was on Falcons boards last weeks and GB this week. I take with a grain of salt that there are morons every where, but you can still weed through and find quality posters of people looking to talk football and back different view points and debate.*

I never said live and die by stats, but don't just make a bland statement and because u say it it makes it true.** Its all about seeing different view points and having discussion - that why I come to message boards.*

I would of never thought that there would be that much of a significant difference between the posters.* Like automatically in GB just because i'm* a Giants fan i'm a troll.* We have no shot because Rodgers had an off day when we played last. Their oline is better than dline and they are healthy too.

Just alot of nothing out of the PAcker fans. Like they won't believe us that Nicks is actually our #1 WR lol
They're going to believe us on Sunday. We play even better as the dogs.

Gianthunter
01-11-2012, 10:14 AM
Tell em New York State Cheddar is the finest best cheddar in America and their version taste's like solid cottage cheese. Then watch out.[;)] Gotta hit em where it hurts.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 11:31 AM

well personally I actually had the Packers to win it all in 09 and they lost in a shootout week 1 vs Cardinals.

AJ Hawk has plenty reason for the gruff he gets, only year he played up was a contract year. James Jones is a good player but has had some serious drops in crunch time last year.

You guys run enough to where it works with your large passing game - but that doesn't mean u have a running game . (this is where stats can come into play) Don't tell me a 3.9 average per carry is having a running game with under 1600 yards is misconstrued. I'll give the the benefit of the doubt that it would of been better but ur backs were banged up all year, but 3.9 ypc as a team really speaks volumes

You are only looking at it in terms of numbers, and only looking at one particular set of numbers at that. In terms of total yards gained on the ground, no, we don't have much of a ground threat. But you can't look at it like that with respect to the offense we run. Our offense revolves around play action. If the play action fakes don't work then the offense struggles. That's half our playbook. And as I'm sure you already know, play action isn't possible without a credible run game. So throw the numbers out the window on this one. The proof of a credible run game is in the playsheet Coach McCarthy carries every week.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I'll give you a clue. I was there earlier with MattMeyerBud, and you can't rile them up. I said something about getting to rodgers and making him cry like a baby, and I got "Ok if you say so" Now if that was the Eagles board, I would have gotten @#$$@#%#$%@#

haha actually I started trolling a lil bit to piss em off since they were being such *******s to you guys

told em that they aren't real owners and just victims of a great marketing plan. They bougth fake stcok
</P>

HA!</P>

jjj45
01-11-2012, 03:34 PM
They've started a thread entitled: "what giants fans really think of us"

Maybe we could take some of you guys seriously if you weren't blinded by arrogance and took our team seriously.

And don't get me wrong, your fan base as a whole is one of the classiest in football. Many Giants fans remember going out to Lambeau for the championship and couldn't get over the classiness and good sportsmanship among the Greenbay fans there. I've heard they are some of the kindest people to other visiting fans.

So its not having a problem with GB fans as a whole, its just some of our members got treated like jerks over there for mostly wanting to talk football in a non-troll capacity.

Saying stuff behind your backs? Its a thread with "GB boards" in the title. A thread which other Packer fans are reading. Telling it like it is guys.

GiantWarfare
01-11-2012, 04:01 PM
LMAO at Meyerbud getting at the vikings avatar dude....

man...that made me laugh...

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 04:16 PM
They've started a thread entitled: "what giants fans really think of us"

Maybe we could take some of you guys seriously if you weren't blinded by arrogance and took our team seriously.

And don't get me wrong, your fan base as a whole is one of the classiest in football. Many Giants fans remember going out to Lambeau for the championship and couldn't get over the classiness and good sportsmanship among the Greenbay fans there. I've heard they are some of the kindest people to other visiting fans.

So its not having a problem with GB fans as a whole, its just some of our members got treated like jerks over there for mostly wanting to talk football in a non-troll capacity.

Saying stuff behind your backs? Its a thread with "GB boards" in the title. A thread which other Packer fans are reading. Telling it like it is guys.

exactly, but there was enough of that for me so now im going to talk to those who are willing to talk and **** talk with the ones that want to be slick

buffyblue
01-11-2012, 04:31 PM
I was over at the Green Bay Packers boards and wanted to sign up to tlak about the game but the administrator is not accepting any new members at this time. So if they feel that folks are talking about them behind their backs then maybe they should just open up their board.

I have found Packers Fans as a whole to be nice but they donít take critisicism on their team well at all. They also look at their team through rose colored glasses. Their arrogance is ridiculous. According to them not only is Aaron Rodgers the greatest QB but he never makes a mistake. Pity anyone that posts otherwise on their board.

I am really hoping that NY Giants defense brings it this Sunday and beats Green Bay Packers. I really like our chances.

I bELIeve

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 04:53 PM
I was over at the Green Bay Packers boards and wanted to sign up to tlak about the game but the administrator is not accepting any new members at this time. So if they feel that folks are talking about them behind their backs then maybe they should just open up their board.

I have found Packers Fans as a whole to be nice but they donít take critisicism on their team well at all. They also look at their team through rose colored glasses. Their arrogance is ridiculous. According to them not only is Aaron Rodgers the greatest QB but he never makes a mistake. Pity anyone that posts otherwise on their board.

I am really hoping that NY Giants defense brings it this Sunday and beats Green Bay Packers. I really like our chances.

I bELIeve

the funny part is everything we've said in this thread we've said over there

that guy really thoought he like caught us lol

allentown PA
01-12-2012, 08:29 PM

most seem to think we have no shot

and the thing is they wont elaborate why they think we have no shot...MMB made a good point about how the giants have a high risk of turnovers because we run a lot of option routes which is being honest and realstic about his own team but nobody over there seems to pay attention to real football talk..they are all nice and all but the falcons boards were more fun imo.

miked1958
01-16-2012, 01:57 AM
They are not a happy bunch right now. Lol