PDA

View Full Version : For Everyone Who Wants To Bury " Defense Wins Championships "

BlueBlitzer
01-09-2012, 07:08 PM
Don't be to surprized if it is Big Blue and Niners who decides, who goes Super in the NFC.

repeatchamps
01-09-2012, 07:11 PM
Don't be to surprized if it is Big Blue and Niners who decides, who goes Super in the NFC.</P>

If we get Giants-49ers in the NFC Title game, as a Giants fan there's little else you could possibly want. The history, the tradition and the legacy of that rivalry in playoff history is the stuff of NFL legend. I drool over the thought of it. Go down the list of their match-ups in the playoffs, one historic NFL moment after another. The win-loss is tipped slightly in their favor at 4-3. Ifwe get that matchup, my Giants pride will be in full bloom for that one.</P>

If it happens, I will watch 1986-87's49-3 thrashingand the 1990-91 NFC Championship game the week leading up to that game.</P>

BlueBlitzer
01-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Its everything that's great in the NFC. East versus West, Meat eaters versus vegans. ying versus yang lol. But seriously, there is nothing more satisfying than Sticking it to the Niners not only on their home field, but especially when its for all the marbles.

repeatchamps
01-09-2012, 07:28 PM
Its everything that's great in the NFC. East versus West, Meat eaters versus vegans. ying versus yang lol. But seriously, there is nothing more satisfying than Sticking it to the Niners not only on their home field, but especially when its for all the marbles.</P>

To me it is one of the greatest rivalries in the history of sports. It just doesn't get better than that match-up. No-one tomrented those Montana teams more than the Giants, no one. They were invincible against mostly everyone else but win or lose the Giants always made them look mortal.</P>

49ers won in 1981 and 1984.</P>

Giants won in 1985, 1986 and1990 (that's why 1990 was the sweetest, not only did they take the lead in the playoff rivalry, they ended Montana's career as a 49er for all intents and purposes, oh and btw they went to the Super Bowl and won, lol).</P>

49ers won in 1993 and 2002.</P>

So if we can find a way, any way possible,toget passed GB and the 49ers knock out the Saints, we get a chance to even the rivalry like they did in 1986and go to another Super Bowl!</P>

BlueBlitzer
01-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Bump

DandyDon
01-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Don't be to surprized if it is Big Blue and Niners who decides, who goes Super in the NFC.

Seems the Niners just proved part of it....

PrideofNY
01-14-2012, 09:07 PM
If the Giants win, it will be a huge statement for defense. I really hope it happens.

M0rbid
01-14-2012, 09:13 PM
Yet, experts will pick High powered offensive team over great defensive team.

JJC7301
01-14-2012, 10:15 PM
Don't be to surprized if it is Big Blue and Niners who decides, who goes Super in the NFC.</P>

If we get Giants-49ers in the NFC Title game, as a Giants fan there's little else you could possibly want. The history, the tradition and the legacy of that rivalry in playoff history is the stuff of NFL legend. I drool over the thought of it. Go down the list of their match-ups in the playoffs, one historic NFL moment after another. The win-loss is tipped slightly in their favor at 4-3. If*we get that matchup, my Giants pride will be in full bloom for that one.</P>

If it happens, I will watch 1986-87's*49-3 thrashing*and the 1990-91 NFC Championship game the week leading up to that game.</P>
+1. I REALLY want the offensive-minded teams knocked out. I'm so sick of these mind-blowing O stats.

BigBlueOnes
01-14-2012, 10:46 PM

If we get Giants-49ers in the NFC Title game, as a Giants fan there's little else you could possibly want. The history, the tradition and the legacy of that rivalry in playoff history is the stuff of NFL legend. I drool over the thought of it. Go down the list of their match-ups in the playoffs, one historic NFL moment after another. The win-loss is tipped slightly in their favor at 4-3. If*we get that matchup, my Giants pride will be in full bloom for that one.</P>

If it happens, I will watch 1986-87's*49-3 thrashing*and the 1990-91 NFC Championship game the week leading up to that game.</P>
+1. I REALLY want the offensive-minded teams knocked out. I'm so sick of these mind-blowing O stats.

I'm with you dude. I am sick and tired of the glitzy high flying game nowadays. Love the game the Niners brought, even though I don't like them. Anytime a smug awhole like Brees gets beat I'm happy. I hope we see some spine jarring hits tomorrow and great D wins in the end, in the best Big Blue Tradition.

jhamburg
01-14-2012, 10:51 PM

Alright guys I know we just shut out Atlanta but since when are we a "defensive-minded team" this season?

repeatchamps
01-14-2012, 10:53 PM
Don't be to surprized if it is Big Blue and Niners who decides, who goes Super in the NFC. Alright guys I know we just shut out Atlanta but since when are we a "defensive-minded team" this season?</P>

If this team wants to win another Super Bowl this year, they will have to emphasize defense from here on out.</P>