PDA

View Full Version : Fanspeak BPA mocks

Toadofsteel
01-20-2014, 07:59 PM
Every week I'm going to do a mock draft through the Fanspeak On the Clock site (LINK (http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php)). I'm basically going to take the best player available, but not quite. Here's the 3 rules I've imposed on this:

1) No taking any QB (ever), DT or S before the 4th round.
2) Once a position has been selected, no more selections from that position except for OL.
3) If an OG or C is available in the first 5 eligible picks on the board at any round and no OL has been selected yet, select that OL instead. Tackles are not selected by this rule, but if they fall in the top spot they can be selected.

I'm not going to put my own biases into this (personally I feel we should draft LB in the first and OG in the second), this is all completely BPA-based, to get a sense of what that would look like. I will post in this thread on a weekly basis to reflect changes in player rankings.

Now, for the 1/20 program:

Toadofsteel
01-20-2014, 08:32 PM
Goddamnit, i hate my family sometimes... calling me away before I can complete my posts.

Anyway, here's the first go around:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=gduklw

R1
ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

R2
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE

R3
RB KA’DEEM CAREY
ARIZONA

R4
DE ED STINSON
ALABAMA

R5
WR CODY LATIMER
INDIANA

R6
TE JOE DON DUNCAN
DIXIE STATE

There was a lot of reaching for OL in the program by other teams, resulting that even with my additional rule to encourage more OL selection, no OL were picked.

flimflam
01-22-2014, 12:36 AM
Love the first 3. Check out oklahoma's Jalen Saunders. I've been keeping and eye on him and Mayock spoke highly about him during the Senior bowl practice. He's undersized at 5-9/164, but dynamic and tough like Dexter McCluster or Darren Sproles. He should be available anywhere from 4-6. I like him better than Latimer. Latimer has drops and is a poor route runner even though he's a big target. The shift toward big DBs allows a slot receiver like Jalen to break ankles and separate - he'll be a poor mans Wes Welker. Word.

NYGfanSTRICK
01-22-2014, 01:34 AM
Goddamnit, i hate my family sometimes... calling me away before I can complete my posts.

Anyway, here's the first go around:

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=gduklw

R1
ILB C.J. MOSLEY
ALABAMA

R2
CB JUSTIN GILBERT
OKLAHOMA STATE

R3
RB KA’DEEM CAREY
ARIZONA

R4
DE ED STINSON
ALABAMA

R5
WR CODY LATIMER
INDIANA

R6
TE JOE DON DUNCAN
DIXIE STATE

There was a lot of reaching for OL in the program by other teams, resulting that even with my additional rule to encourage more OL selection, no OL were picked.

I love everything but the 4th rounder who I do not know much about.

NYGfanSTRICK
01-22-2014, 02:20 AM
OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN
RB TRE MASON
AUBURN
CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH
DE JACKSON JEFFCOAT
TEXAS
OLB JORDAN TRIPP
MONTANA
S NICKOE WHITLEY
MISSISSIPPI STATE

http://fanspeak.com/ontheclock/draft.php?d=afwxlu

That is how mine turned out following the same rules.. I like yours better haha

Toadofsteel
01-22-2014, 09:53 AM
Lol... Robinson went #9 on mine... OLs just went mad early when I did this; everyone was reaching for them...

Toadofsteel
01-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Love the first 3. Check out oklahoma's Jalen Saunders. I've been keeping and eye on him and Mayock spoke highly about him during the Senior bowl practice. He's undersized at 5-9/164, but dynamic and tough like Dexter McCluster or Darren Sproles. He should be available anywhere from 4-6. I like him better than Latimer. Latimer has drops and is a poor route runner even though he's a big target. The shift toward big DBs allows a slot receiver like Jalen to break ankles and separate - he'll be a poor mans Wes Welker. Word.

Did you read the OP though? The main premise of this is to try and determine what a mostly-BPA draft would actually look like...

NYGfanSTRICK
01-22-2014, 01:24 PM
Lol... Robinson went #9 on mine... OLs just went mad early when I did this; everyone was reaching for them...

I was pissed because I had to take Mason in the 2nd but Charles Sims who personally is one of my favorite if not my favorite RB in the draft was still available in the 4th. I mean Zack Martin was available in the 2nd.. If I could have taken him in the 2nd and Sims in the 4th I would have been more happy with that because we would have gotten two really good OL prospects and then a solid RB as well.

Toadofsteel
01-22-2014, 01:26 PM
I was pissed because I had to take Mason in the 2nd but Charles Sims who personally is one of my favorite if not my favorite RB in the draft was still available in the 4th. I mean Zack Martin was available in the 2nd.. If I could have taken him in the 2nd and Sims in the 4th I would have been more happy with that because we would have gotten two really good OL prospects and then a solid RB as well.

All part of the thought experiment... people just say reese likes to go BPA, so why not put the theory to the test?

Toadofsteel
01-22-2014, 01:33 PM
Here's another one I ended up with

R1
WR MIKE EVANS
TEXAS A&M

R2
RB LACHE SEASTRUNK
BAYLOR

R3
DE CHRIS SMITH
ARKANSAS

R4
C MARCUS MARTIN
USC

R5
CB SHAQUILLE RICHARDSON
ARIZONA

R6
TE JOE DON DUNCAN
DIXIE STATE

NYGfanSTRICK
01-22-2014, 01:37 PM
All part of the thought experiment... people just say reese likes to go BPA, so why not put the theory to the test?

No I understand completely but some of the selections I made I was not too fond of then I see players who are almost the same value IMO a round or two later when there was someone I liked on the board made me a bit irritated haha. I am going to make another one since I have time in between classes and I am bored.

NYGfanSTRICK
01-22-2014, 01:43 PM
OLB ANTHONY BARR
UCLA

RB LACHE SEASTRUNK
BAYLOR

CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH

DE ED STINSON
ALABAMA

QB AARON MURRAY
GEORGIA

WR MIKE DAVIS
TEXAS

born blue
01-28-2014, 10:52 PM
The new update on this seems way more accurate than before (can't take Scott Crichton DE Or St in the 6th anymore)...

born blue
01-28-2014, 10:54 PM
I just got

Richardson OT Aub
Verrett CB TCU
Richburg C CSU
Sims RB WVU
Lynch DE USF
Thomas RB Oregon

Carter.525
01-28-2014, 11:45 PM
My favorite one yet..

OT GREG ROBINSON
AUBURN

WR KELVIN BENJAMIN
FLORIDA STATE

CB STANLEY JEAN- BAPTISTE
NEBRASKA

RB CHARLES SIMS
WVU

DE KAREEM MARTIN
NORTH CAROLINA

C RUSSELL BODINE
NORTH CAROLINA

Sean Montemayor
01-29-2014, 12:13 AM

My mock. :)

Toadofsteel
02-01-2014, 09:39 PM
I just hit on the motherlode... could have sworn Martin was a Guard but they listed him as a first round tackle now...

R1
OT ZACK MARTIN
NOTRE DAME

R2
OLB RYAN SHAZIER
OHIO STATE

R3
CB KYLE FULLER
VIRGINIA TECH

R4
RB CARLOS HYDE
OHIO STATE