PDA

View Full Version : To The Team: Shut up and Play

hungrrrry
01-09-2012, 09:37 PM
I get tired each week, hearing this player or that ran his mouth about next weeks game, or the next team and their players...enough of the "REX RYAN" talk! I give it no creedance and neither should any fan after the flatulating regular season we witnessed! Talk with action and not your mouth, and if you must talk, talk about your coaches, players/teammates and fans! Brag about that!

SHUT UP AND PLAY!

jomo
01-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I get tired each week, hearing this player or that ran his mouth about next weeks game, or the next team and their players...enough of the "REX RYAN" talk! I give it no creedance and neither should any fan after the flatulating regular season we witnessed! Talk with action and not your mouth, and if you must talk, talk about your coaches, players/teammates and fans! Brag about that! SHUT UP AND PLAY!I'm good with that. I think TC would be good with it as well. Go Giants!!

TuckYou
01-09-2012, 09:42 PM
No. I guarentee there is 0% chance the packers will win. Not only will they not win, they will be shut out. Not only will they be shut out, they won't get a first down. Write it down.

dave56dj
01-09-2012, 09:46 PM
What talk is that?

JPP - saying we we will get a win right after beating the falcons (kid hasnt talked all year and was excited thats all.

Antrel - same ol same ol every week and he was right by the way we are back in GB - and kiwi credits his mouth with players getting back to practice.

Tuck called some players dirty according to Suh and Raji.

Who else is talking and what are they saying?

All ive heard is they are looking fwd to GB whats wrong with that?

Boyz in Blue
01-09-2012, 09:47 PM
It's all part of the marketing and keeping people interested and talking. After all, this is big business. I do agree that they need to maintain class and just go out there and get it done.

dave56dj
01-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Players have predicted wins and got them - and lost them - in the end it barely matters as its the divisional playoffs and everyone is as fired up as they get.

Remember plax predicted a win against the pats - even gave a score.

While I dont love the talk either i dont think anything egregious has gone on with this team. Most of it stays in house and they stick to the company line for the most part.

Easy-Duz-It
01-09-2012, 09:51 PM
how about this? To Giants Fans: Shut Up and Enjoy the Season.

seriously. the past few weeks couldn't have gone any better for us. most people didn't even think we'd make the playoffs. now we're two games away from the big one. can we just go a week without whining about something? let 'em talk. they've earned it. i don't think they've said anything outrageous anyway.

egyptian420
01-09-2012, 10:13 PM
how about this? To Giants Fans: Shut Up and Enjoy the Season.

seriously. the past few weeks couldn't have gone any better for us. most people didn't even think we'd make the playoffs. now we're two games away from the big one. can we just go a week without whining about something? let 'em talk. they've earned it. i don't think they've said anything outrageous anyway.
we're all happy we've been winning, but part of it has been because of the whole "us vs them" mentality and being humble. It feels like now that we've put a few good games together, the guys are starting to sound ****y, and I don't like it one bit.

fourth&forever
01-09-2012, 10:20 PM
The media just wants to sell papers. Taking words out of context is all in a days work.
Our players need to wise up and shut it.

DragonSoul
01-09-2012, 10:24 PM
The media just wants to sell papers. Taking words out of context is all in a days work.
Our players need to wise up and shut it.Yep they did for jpp. But Mcarthy said they were gonna win as well.

So you have a SB winning coach talking compared to a 2nd year de who was taken out of context.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 10:26 PM
I get tired each week, hearing this player or that ran his mouth about next weeks game, or the next team and their players...enough of the "REX RYAN" talk! I give it no creedance and neither should any fan after the flatulating regular season we witnessed! Talk with action and not your mouth, and if you must talk, talk about your coaches, players/teammates and fans! Brag about that! SHUT UP AND PLAY!</P>

you are overacting big time. Comparing the Giants to Rex Ryan's blabber mouth is way way off.</P>

Go chekc out the Macarthy's presser. He agrees that a player should think he will win. He said heck..." I belive we are going to win the game. What do you want the player to say"...?</P>

Beside JPP DOES "PLAY". First thing guy has said all year and you beat on him for it...</P>

</P>

BigBlue2010
01-09-2012, 10:35 PM
This comes up every week. Everybody is just going to have to get used to it. Just as the game has changed, the players have changed too. It's not even a good change vs bad change "thing". Players are just different now.

NY_Eli
01-09-2012, 10:45 PM
I think you're overreacting a bit. They're just confident.

If you'd rather have the team play scared, you should become a Falcons fan.

Roosevelt
01-09-2012, 10:52 PM
I get tired each week, hearing this player or that ran his mouth about next weeks game, or the next team and their players...enough of the "REX RYAN" talk! I give it no creedance and neither should any fan after the flatulating regular season we witnessed! Talk with action and not your mouth, and if you must talk, talk about your coaches, players/teammates and fans! Brag about that! SHUT UP AND PLAY!</p>

you are overacting big time. Comparing the Giants to Rex Ryan's blabber mouth is way way off.</p>

Go chekc out the Macarthy's presser. He agrees that a player should think he will win. He said heck..." I belive we are going to win the game. What do you want the player to say"...?</p>

Beside JPP DOES "PLAY". First thing guy has said all year and you beat on him for it...</p>

</p>

Agreed. He's blowing things out of proportion. Talk means nothing.

OrangeGiant
01-09-2012, 11:12 PM
I understand what you're trying to say because after all, Talk is cheap, play the game is our's coach's mantra. But JPP wasn't trash talking, it was just an emotional reaction and just the type of statement the media is looking for to start the hype machine rolling. These are emotional guys and it's an emotional game and guys say things.</P>

It's not like he called them dirtbags. ; )</P>

P_Simms_#11
01-09-2012, 11:28 PM
What did they expect him to say? "No, only 10% sure. We will probably lose."