PDA

View Full Version : O-line needs to improve pass blocking

Coach Carter
01-09-2012, 09:24 PM
Eli did an excellent job escaping the rush while keeping his head up looking for receivers. But the Packers have a much better passrush than the Falcons and he won't escape as easily this Sunday.

The offensive tackles need to be on their A++ game.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 09:29 PM
Eli did an excellent job escaping the rush while keeping his head up looking for receivers. But the Packers have a much better passrush than the Falcons and he won't escape as easily this Sunday. The offensive tackles need to be on their A++ game.</P>

I bet they know that.......[;)]</P>

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 10:28 PM
Eli did an excellent job escaping the rush while keeping his head up looking for receivers. But the Packers have a much better passrush than the Falcons and he won't escape as easily this Sunday. The offensive tackles need to be on their A++ game.</P>

*I bet they know that.......[;)]</P>DD & Kmac will need some help for sure.

GameTime
01-09-2012, 10:28 PM

I bet they know that.......[;)]</P>

DD &amp; Kmac will need some help for sure.</P>

Bradshaw, Jacobs, Ballard will be chipping in....</P>

giantsfan420
01-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Actually gb pass rush is extremely similar to atlantas. That's one of gb knock, if u can stop mathews u can stop there pass rush, they don't have another threat much like atlanta.

If we can keep track of mathews which is still a hard task, we should be able to throw the ball. Like the mathup we saw a few weeks ago.

That's why I love our chances. It'll be eli vs mathews, opposed to rodgers vs jpp, tuck and osi.

Things have been all peachy for gb. Our matchup was there toughest situation except kc. Gb hasn't had many times where things look real tough and need to overcome the adversity. All our wins we have to overcome it, and we've faced much harder teams back to back to back etc.

Let's see how gb reacts when we go up a few scores, bc we will im calling it. I dunno how it turns up although I believe we win. But mark this, we will go up a few scores. Gb will come out unable to match our pysicallity simply bc they've been off three weeks while we've been ascending to our best ball.
I think and this will shoch people but eli will outplay rodgers.

Sorry for the long post. Im real busy and haven't and wont be around for another week or so so I just posted all my thoughts here later everyone

TroyArcher
01-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I think they have done a pretty good job this year. Matthews is the one guy they will need to watch out for. Much chipping. Eli has become one of if not the best QB's in the NFL avoiding the rush. He has that abaility to know when and where to slide to give the receivers an additionla second or two to get open. I would take that over a scrambling QB any day.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
The OL struggled early in the game, but they really settled in nicely in the second half. </P>

I think the key will be getting a couple of big plays (sacks, stops, Turovers) from our defense early in the game that sparks our offense. </P>

RonJon
01-10-2012, 11:01 AM
it will be key to get off to a fast start, since Rodgers hasn't played in 3 weeks and figures to be bit rusty at the start. Need to put some points on the board before he settles in and finds his rhythm, cause you know he will