PDA

View Full Version : Sad news- Green bay's OC's son

G STORM
01-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Just confirmed that the body of Green Bay's OC has been found.
My heart and prayers go out to the family.

radar-ray
01-09-2012, 11:46 PM
My heart and prayers go out to the family.Ditto. God Bless the family and departed child. Posters wasting their time being haters should reflect on this.

Roosevelt
01-09-2012, 11:53 PM
That sucks.

krygny
01-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Just tragic.

mfraykor
01-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Awful news.... can't even imagine. Heavy heart for the family and those who knew him

logan9839
01-10-2012, 12:00 AM
Can't even imagine

scf424
01-10-2012, 12:07 AM
That's just tragic. I couldn't imagine losing a family member.

My condolences to Coach Philbin

fourth&forever
01-10-2012, 12:13 AM
sad indeed.

giantjordie
01-10-2012, 01:31 AM
On a personal level - I am saddened by this! I wish all the encouragement and support to Joe's family...

however, I hope this doesn't fire up the Packers too much to stampede!

redbeardxxv
01-10-2012, 01:40 AM
On a personal level - I am saddened by this! I wish all the encouragement and support to Joe's family...

however, I hope this doesn't fire up the Packers too much to stampede!

Here we go AGAIN..... mods, you gonna kill this thread now too, so the sensitive Nancies don't start crying in their morning oatmeal because of the classlessness of this obviously crass and completely logical man?

Sorry mods, I have never disagreed with the way you run this board before. In fact I've had my thread removed once before, and after hearing your reasons, I agreed.
However, pulling 2 threads discussing an aspect of an upcoming game because we mentioned how the death of the rival teams' OC's son, might impact the play of the opponent is ludicrous. Are we all adults here? Apparently not. Discussing the possibility is not a classless act. Poking fun at it, sullying his son's name, cheering the incident.... those are all classless acts. Discussing the event's impact on the game is logical.
After Mara died, and Tiki ran for 200+ against the skins, were any posts pulled that mentioned that Tiki was inspired? It's a fact we're gonna have to face. GB will be inspired on Sunday, due in large part to this event. Mentioning that fact should not be made criminal by the posters on here that refuse to take a step back and see the big picture. I understand their hearts may be in the right place, and their intentions pure, but that doesn't excuse the fact that they are wrong, and the Mods here should not feel forced to Kowtow to the opinions of the oversensitive few.

With that said, I'll hop off my soap box. It's time for bed anyway.

BornLegend
01-10-2012, 02:25 AM
Damn, this is REAL sad news. I would lose my religion and my sanity. Life's a *****! My heart goes out to his love ones.

miked1958
01-10-2012, 02:26 AM
Heard he was missing early today. Sad news

greenca190
01-10-2012, 02:37 AM
Saw this headline earlier today and originally thought his kid just ran away. Went on to read the article and had my thoughts changed completely. One of my best friends passed away from drowning in the eerie canal almost six years ago when he was 15, and I'm still not over it today.

Thoughts go out to the family and any one effected by this. My friend passed away the day of my freshman year of college classes. Definitely comparable measurements, and my thoughts go out to the family, friends, and community. It's a tough thing to go through, and even tougher when you have such large events coinciding with the tragedy.

RonJon
01-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Deepest sympathies to the Philbin family and the Packer organization. Can't even imagine the pain they are feeling. I have 2 kids and I don't know how I'd handle it if lost either of them. No parent should have to go through anything like that.

Furious
01-10-2012, 10:34 AM
My heart goes out to the Packers and Coach Philbin.

VegasGmen
01-10-2012, 10:38 AM
Before this thread gets pulled I would also like to send out my condolances to the family and friends of this young man. With that said I feel little remorse for a convicted rapist passing. If I was one of the victims parents he wouldn't of made it to 21

lttaylor56
01-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Deepest condolences to the Philbin family.

Out of Exile
01-10-2012, 10:46 AM
Very sad news. I expect GB to be ready regardless. They played us once already and this won't slow them down. I don't wanna hear any posts about us having a better chance of winning due to this. Keep that to yourselves.

Itlan
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
I wonder what the kid was doing out on a frozen lake at 2 AM.

Sheesh. Life is so fragile.

OsiStrahan#1combo
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM
My heart and prayers go out to the family.

Sad to hear... but just great.. more motovation for them now.

GeoGoGo
01-10-2012, 11:56 AM
Something like this really puts into perspective that despite all the excitement and hoopla over the game; it is just that. A game.

My heart goes out to the family and the Green Bay Packers organization. My deepest sympathies.

Go Giants!

Denaliman316
01-10-2012, 01:11 PM
This is very sad indeed.

I can't imagine how hard it's going to be to bury your own child.

Deepest condolences to the family.

paul anthony
01-10-2012, 05:59 PM
I truly feel bad for philbin and his family, no one should have to deal with this kind of tragedy. But don't let the fact escape that Joe philbin was a rapist, he was charged for raping two young girls a couple of years ago, and death just doesn't make that forgivable. I'm sorry he had to die so young but his actions should not be forgotten just because he passed.

chasjay
01-10-2012, 06:04 PM
I'm ready for some football.

FBomb
01-10-2012, 06:32 PM
I honestly have no idea how a parentsurvives the death of a child. Very tragic and very sad.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 06:34 PM
I honestly have no idea how a parent*survives the death of a child.* Very tragic and very sad.*

Trust me, you can't. It'll haunt you for everyday you breathe, for the rest of your life. No matter where you are, or where you are going, you will be reminded of your child, in every facet of life that hits you in the face.
It is a feeling I would never ever wish on my worst enemy.

I speak from experience.

Dirt66
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
Such a tragedy.....thoughts and prayer to the family

jomo
01-10-2012, 10:15 PM
I honestly have no idea how a parentsurvives the death of a child. Very tragic and very sad. Trust me, you can't. It'll haunt you for everyday you breathe, for the rest of your life. No matter where you are, or where you are going, you will be reminded of your child, in every facet of life that hits you in the face. It is a feeling I would never ever wish on my worst enemy. I speak from experience.[:(]Peace!