PDA

View Full Version : Do we try and keep Jacobs?

giantjordie
01-09-2012, 11:06 PM
Basically implied he wouldn't be here next season - what does one do?

Scarfacee71
01-09-2012, 11:08 PM
Try to keep him.

He's our best back.

mattpl908
01-09-2012, 11:10 PM
We keep him

giantjordie
01-09-2012, 11:15 PM
anyone got his specific contract deets?

Martyr
01-09-2012, 11:23 PM
He is still signed for another year but all be shocked if they honour it due to the fact its some what high.</P>

Big fan of Jacobs personally and we may never see someone of his size and speed play Hb again.</P>

RedskinHater
01-09-2012, 11:37 PM
He is still signed for another year but all be shocked if they honour it due to the fact its some what high.</p>

Big fan of Jacobs personally and we may never see someone of his size and speed play Hb again.</p>

The way players have " grown " over the years would not be surprised to see many backs his size down the road. That, and lineman will be 350- 400 #s with speed [:O]

Killa4luv
01-10-2012, 12:00 AM
He is still signed for another year but all be shocked if they honour it due to the fact its some what high.</p>

Big fan of Jacobs personally and we may never see someone of his size and speed play Hb again.</p>

The way players have " grown " over the years would not be surprised to see many backs his size down the road. That, and lineman will be 350- 400 #s with speed [:O]

I completely agree. Atheletes in basketball and football especially are getting bigger, faster and stronger. There never were guys like Lebron James or JPP or Brandon Jacobs 30 years ago.

BlueSanta
01-10-2012, 01:10 AM
He is due 4.4 mil this spring. He wont get that. We will renegotiate or he will be cut.

I hate that this is the case, but he obviously knows it to be true too.

Harooni
01-10-2012, 02:57 AM
He wants to be a full time every down back not sure how we can keep him happy. Too bad always liked him

53canton
01-10-2012, 08:38 AM
He is due 4.4 mil this spring. He wont get that. We will renegotiate or he will be cut.

I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??

sovsov
01-10-2012, 08:40 AM
I hope we keep him, I love the fact that the Giants always want a big back. Before it was Ron Dayne (not the greatest but he did provide a good change of pace). I don't know how many times defenses are ready for Bradshaw to cut it back and prepare for his speed, then we put in Jacobs and he just runs through people. You can't prepare for how jacobs runs.

nygsb42champs
01-10-2012, 08:41 AM
He is still under contract so he should still be here.

BlueDog10
01-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Maybe we could try to keep him as or Director of Public Relations. Just kidding, I love the guy and hope he's a Giant for years to come.

BlueJayC
01-10-2012, 09:22 AM

I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??</P>

He restructured it.....not exactly sure how but I'm assuming he took a cut this year and they backloaded the contract with that $$$ for next year hence the 4.4 the Giants owe him........if they cut him he doesn't get paid.</P>

I love the guy I hope he comes back.....but it's a business decision......too many apples to juggle.</P>

RonJon
01-10-2012, 09:26 AM
I say we keep him and Osi. Reese and Osi will sit down and work out a new deal after this season. I'm confident

Scarfacee71
01-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I don't know how many times defenses are ready for Bradshaw to cut it back and prepare for his speed, then we put in Jacobs and he just runs through people

Thats because Bradshaw rarely pushes the aiming point and looks to cutback even if theres a hole frontside. Yes there are exceptions, I know (long run vs ATL) but in general he's just not a very smart runner

Joe Morrison
01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
I don't know how many times it takes for everyone to realize his contract is not up.

Wes
01-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Basically implied he wouldn't be here next season - what does one do?</P>

</P>

early in the season he whined and said he didnt think hed be here, but later he changed his tune and said he wanted to keep playing here and hes been playing hard ever since.</P>

Wes
01-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I don't know how many times it takes for everyone to realize his contract is not up.</P>

</P>

everyone knows his contract isnt up but hes going to be like4-5 mil against the cap and he will likely need to take a paycut to stay or they may release him</P>

53canton
01-11-2012, 12:51 PM

I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??</P>

He restructured it.....not exactly sure how but I'm assuming he took a cut this year and they backloaded the contract with that $$$ for next year hence the 4.4 the Giants owe him........if they cut him he doesn't get paid.</P>

I love the guy I hope he comes back.....but it's a business decision......too many apples to juggle.</P>

OK, but he agreed to backload with the idea that he will get his money, right? I dont understand how they can now say that they want to reneg on the deal they just made?
What kind of union do the players have? Wheres the contract?

Gmen2005
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I still don't like his personality, but he's been running hard the past few weeks.

MikeIsaGiant
01-11-2012, 01:22 PM
Is Michael Bush available next season?

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM
Basically implied he wouldn't be here next season - what does one do?</P>

Lets see how it goes in the playoffs. I never gave up on BJ nor AB, even though I don't believe that BJ will ever be the back that he was a few years ago. I was more concerned with the O-line. If the best player available in the draft is a RB, then that changes things because I would draft the talent, and not necessarily the position. Then yes, I'd let at least one of them go and probably BJ. </P>

Otherwise, I'd work on solidfying or improving the OL, and give the current tandem one more year.</P>

BlueSanta
01-11-2012, 02:17 PM

I dont understand................didnt he re-negotiate before this season to help get bradshaw signed?? How in the hell can they NOT pay him what they agreed to pay him before this season??</p>

He restructured it.....not exactly sure how but I'm assuming he took a cut this year and they backloaded the contract with that $$$ for next year hence the 4.4 the Giants owe him........if they cut him he doesn't get paid.</p>

I love the guy I hope he comes back.....but it's a business decision......too many apples to juggle.</p>

OK, but he agreed to backload with the idea that he will get his money, right? I dont understand how they can now say that they want to reneg on the deal they just made?
What kind of union do the players have? Wheres the contract?

Actually, the details of his restructuring were not made public. All I know is he is due a lot of money for next year. Too much money for a guy who gets 9 carries a game.You also have to recognize he turns 30 this offseason. He likely has only 1-2 remotely productive years left, if that.

I love the guy for all he has done for us, but unless he takes a pay cut he will likely not be back.