PDA

View Full Version : Darren Sproles

RonJon
01-10-2012, 10:45 AM
He was the one FA I was dying for theGiants to sign this offseason. Still can't beleive the Chargers let him go. What an added weapon he'd be for this offense if he had him. Once he gets the ball he is like lightning. Much quicker off the ball than Bradshaw. Imagine what a change of pace between Sproles and Jacbobs!

NJ10
01-10-2012, 10:49 AM
how much is he making per year?

T-Murda84
01-10-2012, 10:54 AM
He was the one FA I was dying for theGiants to sign this offseason. Still can't beleive the Chargers let him go. What an added weapon he'd be for this offense if he had him. Once he gets the ball he is like lightning. Much quicker off the ball than Bradshaw. Imagine what a change of pace between Sproles and Jacbobs!

I wanted him too but Jerry Reese had us up against the cap so we never had any room to even think about signing free agents. We wont have much room to bring anybody in next year as well. We are just going to have to make sure we re-sign our productive players on this current roster.

repeatchamps
01-10-2012, 10:56 AM
I do like Sproles but here is why the Giants couldn't let AB walk and replace hime with Sproles:</P>

Sproles in 16 games, rushing attempts: 87</P>

Split time with Thomas, Ivory</P>

Thomas in 16 games: 110 attempts</P>

Ivory in 16 games: 79 attempts</P>

Bradshaw in 12 games rushing attempts: 171</P>

Split time with Jacobs and Ware:</P>

Jacobs in 14 games, 152 attempts</P>

Ware in 16 games, 46 attempts</P>

Sproles would have had to rush for 93 more attempts as a Giants player! That's not happeing without Sproles dropping dead on the field!</P>

The only hope we'd have to have is that the run game's production would have been26 rankings(Saints were 6th, Giants were dead last at 32nd) better with Sproles so the need to run for as many attempts as the Giants did this year wouldn't be nearlyas high but of course that is just impossible to know for sure. I would argue though the Giants would not need to be 6th best in the league but maybe perhaps middle of the pack somewhere and that would probablywould have gottenthem enough wins to be battling for the 2 or 3 seed with both New Orleans and San Francisco. Again though it is all speculation as there just is no way to know for sure.</P>

lttaylor56
01-10-2012, 10:59 AM
Sproles is awesome, not taking anything away from him, but Combining him with Brees= Epic. The two play off of each other.

I pray SF beats NO this weekend. NYG does not match up well with New Orleans.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
Sproles just fits very well in that offensive scheme, and he really capitalizes on how much defenses key in on the pass. </P>

He works so well b/c they're able to split his carries, and the interior of the saints OL is by far the best in the league. </P>

idiotekniQues
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
you gotta wonder about san diego's front office.

they let brees & sproles go. and someone else recently i can't remember.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 11:46 AM

they let brees &amp; sproles go. and someone else recently i can't remember.

There's nothing to wonder about. This is why Eli told them to stick it. They're morons from ownership down.

burier
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM

Add all of that to them keeping Norv Turner employed and it lets you know why Eli wanted nothing to do with them.

giantsforce
01-10-2012, 01:21 PM
I do like Sproles but here is why the Giants couldn't let AB walk and replace hime with Sproles:</P>

Ivory in 16 games: 79 attempts*</P>

Sproles would have had to rush for 93 more attempts as a Giants player! That's not happeing without Sproles dropping dead on the field!</P>

The only hope we'd have to have is that the run game's production would have been*26 rankings*(Saints were 6th, Giants were dead last at 32nd) better with Sproles so the need to run for as many attempts as the Giants did this year wouldn't be nearly*as high but of course that is just impossible to know for sure. I would argue though the Giants would not need to be 6th best in the league but maybe perhaps middle of the pack somewhere and that would probably*would have gotten*them enough wins to be battling for the 2 or 3 seed with both New Orleans and San Francisco. Again though it is all speculation as there just is no way to know for sure.</P>But don't forget that Sproles also returns punts and kickoffs and he does a great job at that too. He is too shifty and I think he would pair well with Bradshaw or Jacobs.

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 01:35 PM
He was the one FA I was dying for theGiants to sign this offseason. Still can't beleive the Chargers let him go. What an added weapon he'd be for this offense if he had him. Once he gets the ball he is like lightning. Much quicker off the ball than Bradshaw. Imagine what a change of pace between Sproles and Jacbobs!</P>

we're spending near $10 million on the two backs we've got.</P>

you gotta wonder what's in the water in SD.</P>

Tomlinson, Turner, Sproules, all RBs that have come and gone in SD.</P>

the whispers that the Mannings heard about SD may be true or untrue, but there's no doubt which franchise has been run better since Rivers and Manning were drafted.</P>

OrangeGiant
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
He was the one FA I was dying for theGiants to sign this offseason. Still can't beleive the Chargers let him go. What an added weapon he'd be for this offense if he had him. Once he gets the ball he is like lightning. Much quicker off the ball than Bradshaw. Imagine what a change of pace between Sproles and Jacbobs!</P>

the whispers that the Mannings heard about SD may be true or untrue, but there's no doubt which franchise has been run better since Rivers and Manning were drafted.</P>

</P>

Not to mention firing a coach a few years back who guided the team to a 14-2 record in Schottenheimer. Yet Norv Turner gets retained, again. I know Schottenheimer's playoff record is like 5-13 or something, but at least he got them there.</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
you gotta wonder about san diego's front office. they let brees &amp; sproles go. and someone else recently i can't remember. Add all of that to them keeping Norv Turner employed and it lets you know why Eli wanted nothing to do with them.Are you speaking of Ladanian Tomlinson from 2 years ago who had very nice production with the Jets?

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 02:04 PM

</P>

Not to mention firing a coach a few years back who guided the team to a 14-2 record in Schottenheimer. Yet Norv Turner gets retained, again. I know Schottenheimer's playoff record is like 5-13 or something, but at least he got them there.</P>

</P>

sounds like the gm/owner in SD has acknowledged that their drafting in the last few years has been horrible, and they went into the season not thinking very much of the team in the first place despite what analysts and fans thought of the roster.</P>

but i completely agree. it seemed like a fan decision to fire schottenheimer, not that of a gm.</P>

bansaw
01-10-2012, 02:08 PM
how much is he making per year?

<div class="playercard" style="display: block;" id="cont_3221"><div class="close"><a>[x]</a></div><div class="report">7/28/2011:
Signed a four-year, $14 million contract. The deal includes $6 million
in guarantees. 2011-2014: Under contract, 2015: Free Agent

didnt say per year but still ... what a steal
</div></div>

burier
01-10-2012, 02:10 PM
you gotta wonder about san diego's front office. they let brees & sproles go. and someone else recently i can't remember. Add all of that to them keeping Norv Turner employed and it lets you know why Eli wanted nothing to do with them.Are you speaking of Ladanian Tomlinson from 2 years ago who had very nice production with the Jets?

are you drunk?

OrangeGiant
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM

</P>

</P>

sounds like the gm/owner in SD has acknowledged that their drafting in the last few years has been horrible, and they went into the season not thinking very much of the team in the first place despite what analysts and fans thought of the roster.</P>

but i completely agree. it seemed like a fan decision to fire schottenheimer, not that of a gm.</P>

</P>

It makes absolutely no sense. I've never been a big believer in Norv Turner as a HC. AsOC's go, I think he's a good one, but he's more of a #2 guy, not a #1 guy. I just don't see how they can justify firing a guy who was 14-2 and continually settling for mediocrity with Turner. So the players went to bat for him to keep him on. Well I think the Cowboys players did the same for Wade Philips, another #2 guy. Players love easy going, laid back coaches, that's for sure. You think they would rather win.</P>

jimsgints
01-10-2012, 03:05 PM

they let brees &amp; sproles go. and someone else recently i can't remember.

Add all of that to them keeping Norv Turner employed and it lets you know why Eli wanted nothing to do with them.
Or his dad..

repeatchamps
01-10-2012, 04:27 PM

Ivory in 16 games: 79 attempts</P>

The only hope we'd have to have is that the run game's production would have been26 rankings(Saints were 6th, Giants were dead last at 32nd) better with Sproles so the need to run for as many attempts as the Giants did this year wouldn't be nearlyas high but of course that is just impossible to know for sure. I would argue though the Giants would not need to be 6th best in the league but maybe perhaps middle of the pack somewhere and that would probablywould have gottenthem enough wins to be battling for the 2 or 3 seed with both New Orleans and San Francisco. Again though it is all speculation as there just is no way to know for sure.</P>

But don't forget that Sproles also returns punts and kickoffs and he does a great job at that too. He is too shifty and I think he would pair well with Bradshaw or Jacobs.</P>

True but like I said we can really never know for sure if he would have been enough to make the kind of difference this team needed to make life easier for them.</P>

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM

Between Brees and Sproles, AJ Smith has done more for the Saints than the Chargers.

No wonder Archie didn't want Eli to play there.

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 04:32 PM

How about the guy that coached them to a 14-2 record?

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 04:33 PM

</P>

Not to mention firing a coach a few years back who guided the team to a 14-2 record in Schottenheimer. Yet Norv Turner gets retained, again.* I know Schottenheimer's playoff record is like 5-13 or something, but at least he got them there.</P>

</P>

but i completely agree.* it seemed like a fan decision to fire schottenheimer, not that of a gm.</P>

Think about it: Schottenheimer, Brees, Tomlinson, Sproles, Antonio Gates, Vincent Jackson????

If not for AJ Smith, the Chargers would have at least one NFL title, probably more.