PDA

View Full Version : Hello from a Packerfan

scoot12
01-10-2012, 11:00 AM
Hey everyone, Just wanted to say I think its going to be a great game between the Pack and the Giants, you guys are right the Pack do really respect the Giants and know they have to have there A game to win, the Giants are playing great ball and have the front four on the defensive line to beat the Pack. I feel the key to the game is the Giants front four againt the Packers offensive line, if they can't get to Rodgers he will light them up, people forget the Pack have won 21 out of there last 22 games. The team that beat them, the chiefs got to Rodgers with there front four and the dbs played press coverage. The Giants will be able to run the ball and the Pack will not but that won't matter unless the Giants have eigtht minute drives. The Packers haven't been able to run the ball all year consistently but Rodgers is so good it doesn't really matter. If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win. I can't wait for the game and may the best team win. Any thoughts from Giants fans Scoot

gumby742
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
We'll have to play our very best to stand a chance. That being said, we're peaking at the right time. Although, we still haven't played a complete 4 quarters of football yet. Our offense laid an egg in the beginning of the Atlanta game. That can't happen again.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 11:03 AM
If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win.

I've heard this logic from another Packers fan. Care to elaborate as to why you feel your chances go up as the score rises? I'm not understanding it.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 11:07 AM
If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win.

I've heard this logic from another Packers fan. Care to elaborate as to why you feel your chances go up as the score rises? I'm not understanding it.
</P>

A high scoring game means a shoot out with both defenses being ineffective. In this case, the Packers are far superior then we are. We have our moments. But we can't consistently keep up the pace like the Packers can. There were plenty of games and moments this year where our offense just didn't show up. You can't say the same for the Packers offense.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 11:08 AM
nice assement of the game.</P>

one thing that i think will be very different about this game compared to the last 2 where Giants fans are taking alot of comfort from is that by the middle of the 2nd quarter the Giants built leads which certainly helped play into the strength of our defense.</P>

It will be very interesting to see how this defense holds up in a closer game where taking the run game away from an offense doesn't matter at all.</P>

Stuffing the run against both Dallas and Atlanta gave us a distinct advantage in both games. it won't matter at all in this one.</P>

the most interesting factor for me will be the weather. If it turns really sour (and i don't mean just cold, i mean wind and snow), i see us as favorites, in any other scenario we're underdogs.</P>

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 11:10 AM
I agree that like most of our games against great opponents, pass rush is key. But I do think you're discounting the impact of the run game if it does get going. Just think if we put up 150+ rush yards in our first meeting, we win that game easily.

davecrazy
01-10-2012, 11:11 AM
The giants score 30+ points a game 4 times this yar and never once put up 40 points.

The Packers had 6 games where they put up 40 or more points.

SIMMS5611
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
I agree our front 4 is key, but I also don't buy into the whole "We won 21 of the last 22". To me, that just increases the odds that your team is due for a loss. No one stays king forever, and I don't mean that in a disrespective way. </P>

I think it's a common hope amongst the Giant fans that your QB will be a little rusty from the time off, whereas we should be sharp, bc our playoffs basically began against the Jets a few weeks ago, &amp; it's been do or die for the G's ever since....</P>

Either way, I'm hoping for a good, competative game...</P>

TuckYou
01-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Hey everyone, Just wanted to say I think its going to be a great game between the Pack and the Giants, you guys are right the Pack do really respect the Giants and know they have to have there A game to win, the Giants are playing great ball and have the front four on the defensive line to beat the Pack. I feel the key to the game is the Giants front four againt the Packers offensive line, if they can't get to Rodgers he will light them up, <U>people forget the Pack have won 21 out of there last 22 games.</U> The team that beat them, the chiefs got to Rodgers with there front four and the dbs played press coverage. The Giants will be able to run the ball and the Pack will not but that won't matter unless the Giants have eigtht minute drives. The Packers haven't been able to run the ball all year consistently but Rodgers is so good it doesn't really matter. If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win. I can't wait for the game and may the best team win. Any thoughts from Giants fans Scoot</P>

No one forgets that. Packers are the best team in football. 15-1 this season. But you shouldnt forget the Giants stopped the 18-0 Pats (Who had a better Offense and Defense then the Packers)4 years ago using the exact same method that has them hot right now. Not to take anything away from the Pack, but it helps when the refs are always on your side. We have been battling the refs the past 3 games.</P>

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 11:14 AM
I agree our front 4 is key, but I also don't buy into the whole "We won 21 of the last 22". To me, that just increases the odds that you're team is due for a loss. No one stays king forever, and I don't mean that in a disrespective way. </P>

I think it's a common hope amongst the Giant fans that your QB will be a little rusty from the time off, whereas we should be sharp, bc our playoffs basically began against the Jets a few weeks ago, & it'd been do or die for the G's ever since....</P>

The whole "due for a loss" thing is a fallacy, fwiw

Firenugget

</p>

A high scoring game means a shoot out with both defenses being ineffective. In this case, the Packers are far superior then we are. We have our moments.<u> But we can't consistently keep up the pace like the Packers can.</u> There were plenty of games and moments this year where our offense just didn't show up. You can't say the same for the Packers offense.</p>

I disagree with that notion. But thanks for explaining the logic.

burier
I dont think this game is getting into the 30s.

Defensively we need to get two things done.

1) We must tackle. Rogers will get his completions but we need to keep the YAC in check.

2) We can't let the Pack steal points at the end of the half.

We get those two things done and its

24-17 Giants.

SIMMS5611
01-10-2012, 11:18 AM
I agree our front 4 is key, but I also don't buy into the whole "We won 21 of the last 22". To me, that just increases the odds that you're team is due for a loss. No one stays king forever, and I don't mean that in a disrespective way. </P>

I think it's a common hope amongst the Giant fans that your QB will be a little rusty from the time off, whereas we should be sharp, bc our playoffs basically began against the Jets a few weeks ago, &amp; it'd been do or die for the G's ever since....</P>

The whole "due for a loss" thing is a fallacy, fwiw</P>

</P>

Sorry, I buy into it whole-heartedly, bc otherwise, there'd be teams 121-2, etc...ALL teams, even the best of 'em, suffer loses, whether it's from a better opponent, or by their own fault...</P>

...and I think they're due. Plus, call it Karma, call me bitter, but the last time we met, that WAS a TD by our TE, Ballard, and the fates realize the err of their ways....</P>

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 11:19 AM

</p>

A high scoring game means a shoot out with both defenses being ineffective.* In this case, the Packers are far superior then we are.* We have our moments.*<u> But we can't consistently keep up the pace like the Packers can.*</u> There were plenty of games and moments this year where our offense just didn't show up.* You can't say the same for the Packers offense.</p>

I disagree with that notion. But thanks for explaining the logic.

It depends on if our run game is working. Our pass game relies on high-risk/high-reward vertical passes so much, that if we get stuffed on 1st down, throw a 40 yard bomb incomplete on 2nd down, we end up with a tough 3rd and long. Most of the high-powered offenses in the league can sustain drives better since they use shorter, more reliable routes.

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

I think it's a common hope amongst the Giant fans that your QB will be a little rusty from the time off, whereas we should be sharp, bc our playoffs basically began against the Jets a few weeks ago, & it'd been do or die for the G's ever since....</P>

The whole "due for a loss" thing is a fallacy, fwiw</P>

*</P>

Sorry, I buy into it whole-heartedly, bc otherwise, there'd be teams 121-2, etc...ALL teams, even the best of 'em, suffer loses, whether it's from a better opponent, or by their own fault...</P>

...and I think they're due. Plus, call it Karma, call me bitter, but the last time we met, that WAS a TD by our TE, Ballard, and the fates realize the err of their ways....</P>

The thing is, when a team wins 10 games in a row everyone says they're due. They win, then the next game everyone says they're due. They win again, etc... Then 7 or 8 games later, they finally lose and everyone says "see, law of averages, they were due for a loss!"

Obviously if a team is on a winning streak, odds are they will lose eventually, but the odds that they lose on *exactly the next game* are not higher. In fact they're probably lower, with every win.

Think of it this way: If you flip a coin heads 5 times in a row, is it "due" to be tails on the 6th?

G-Man67
01-10-2012, 11:23 AM

one thing that i think will be very different about this game compared to the last 2 where Giants fans are taking alot of comfort from is that by the middle of the 2nd quarter the Giants built leads which certainly helped play into the strength of our defense.</P>

It will be very interesting to see how this defense holds up in a closer game where taking the run game away from an offense doesn't matter at all.</P>

Stuffing the run against both Dallas and Atlanta gave us a distinct advantage in both games.* it won't matter at all in this one.</P>

the most interesting factor for me will be the weather.* If it turns really sour (and i don't mean just cold, i mean wind and snow), i see us as favorites, in any other scenario we're underdogs.</P>

excellent point ... i'm dreaming for a rusty Packers team and an early lead ... now we've trailed in all but 1 game this season, so i know it's a dream

but a lead would really give us a legit shot

funkybudda
01-10-2012, 11:41 AM
ok,

basically you disguise yourself as a humble Packers fan, to come in here to remind us that your team "won 21 out their last 22 games." Thanks, we are not that delusional to know how good the Packers are, and we dont expect to be an easy game for us. Discounting running game if we get it going is just crazy talk. Packers need to be concerned if we have our running game going, because that means your most important advantage will be watching the game on the bench instead of on the field throwing.

scoot12
01-10-2012, 11:43 AM
The reason I said the 21 out of 22 games is most if not all of the Packers wins is where the other teams front four did not get enough pressure. To beat Rodgers you have to not only get pressure but keep him in the pocket, if he gets outside he has the cannon to beat you anywhere on the field. HIs gbr outside the pocket is incredible. If the Giants can keep him inside, they have a great shot. The weather is suppose to be mid 20s with a moderate wind and sunny. The Giants fans are very classy as I just found out Joe Philban son drowned. The Packers team will be inspired but motivation will not be a problem for both teams. Also Rodgers didn't play much in preseason and came in and threw for five tds first game without much practice so I don't think he will be rusty. Scoot

NYSPORTS
01-10-2012, 11:48 AM

You understand it, you're just being you.

Husky
01-10-2012, 11:57 AM
They match up very well with the Packers. IIRC Kenny Phillips got hurt in that game and then GB got busy. I believe the Giants receivers are equal to GBs so it's who plays better Eli or Rodgers.
I just hope the Zebras don't play a part in the outcome, like they did the last time.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:10 PM

lol no, I actually didn't. I still don't really. We all know the Packers can score, so can we. Sure we don't go around putting up 40+ a game but that doesn't mean we aren't capable of it. It's not a question of weapons (we have plenty) it's a question of need and Gilbrides desire to do it.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 12:34 PM

lol no, I actually didn't. I still don't really. We all know the Packers can score, so can we. Sure we don't go around putting up 40+ a game but that doesn't mean we aren't capable of it. It's not a question of weapons (we have plenty) it's a question of need and Gilbrides desire to do it.
</P>

We're definitely capable. But we can't do it consistently. And that's really the key thing. Consistency is everything. It's what separates the good from the bad. There have been way too many times this season when our offense has laid eggs. </P>

I'll be you the Green Bay offense has sputtered far fewer times then we have.</P>

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:37 PM

</p>

We're definitely capable. But we can't do it consistently. And that's really the key thing. Consistency is everything. It's what separates the good from the bad. There have been way too many times this season when our offense has laid eggs. </p>

I'll be you the Green Bay offense has sputtered far fewer times then we have.</p>

I'm sure they have. But Sunday is a new day and a new game. Personally I don't even think this will come into play. I don't see this game being as high scoring as our last meeting, at least not on both sides.[:P]

gumby742
01-10-2012, 12:43 PM

</P>

We're definitely capable. But we can't do it consistently. And that's really the key thing. Consistency is everything. It's what separates the good from the bad. There have been way too many times this season when our offense has laid eggs. </P>

I'll be you the Green Bay offense has sputtered far fewer times then we have.</P>

I'm sure they have. But Sunday is a new day and a new game. Personally I don't even think this will come into play. I don't see this game being as high scoring as our last meeting, at least not on both sides.[:P]
</P>

I know people hate the term "catching lightning in a bottle", but we are getting hot at the right time. Hopefully, it all works out. </P>

Go GGGGGGGiants!</P>

FourthAndOne
01-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I dont think this game is getting into the 30s.

Defensively we need to get two things done.

1) We must tackle. Rogers will get his completions but we need to keep the YAC in check.

2) We can't let the Pack steal points at the end of the half.

We get those two things done and its

24-17 Giants.

Something funny - I was reading through some comments on espn. Someone predicted a similar score, and a Packers fan made a remark somewhere along the lines of "Based on the last game, what makes you think the Packers are only going to score 20 points?" Reminded me so much of Brady's "only 17 points?"

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Hey everyone, Just wanted to say I think its going to be a great game between the Pack and the Giants, you guys are right the Pack do really respect the Giants and know they have to have there A game to win, the Giants are playing great ball and have the front four on the defensive line to beat the Pack. I feel the key to the game is the Giants front four againt the Packers offensive line, if they can't get to Rodgers he will light them up, people forget the Pack have won 21 out of there last 22 games. The team that beat them, the chiefs got to Rodgers with there front four and the dbs played press coverage. The Giants will be able to run the ball and the Pack will not but that won't matter unless the Giants have eigtht minute drives. The Packers haven't been able to run the ball all year consistently but Rodgers is so good it doesn't really matter. If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win. I can't wait for the game and may the best team win. Any thoughts from Giants fans Scoot
You've got a truly great team there -- 15-1 defending SB champs is very impressive. I definitely give us a legit shot because I did think that our team was better than the confusing mess that they were for most of this season. Our traditional strengths -- D and run game -- are hopefully here to stay.

I'm glad that we get to play you now because the Pack is the best team and I'm glad that we get a shot at the best in the playoffs.

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Frankly, I think if the Giants can run the ball, and the Packers can't, it makes a significant difference.</P>

I get the argument that Rodgers doesn't "need" a running game.....but conversely, if the Giants don't need to shut down their running game, that frees the safeties and linebackers up to defend the pass.</P>

I'm not expecting the Giants to have the same results v. the Packers as the Falcons.....but remember, Atlanta had a good running attack, a good, tough offensive line, and a 4000+ yard QB....they weren't slouches.</P>

When the Packers played the Giants, the Giants were in the middle of a 4 game slide, and the defense was nowhere near how they performed last week.</P>

Frankly, I think a ton of pressure is going to be on Green Bay's defense.</P>

pezman1963
01-11-2012, 01:34 AM
Hey your right ..... basically you do not shoot it out with Rodgers and expect to win.
How beat Rodger is same way Tom Brady.... shut down the run make them pass. Then rush him, hurry him, hit him and sack him. force 3 and outs....

mitchmac
01-12-2012, 02:49 PM

</P>

</P>

The Giants built a lead by the middle of the second quarter against the Falcons?? That's certainly news to me - and I'm sure to others - considering theyhadn't scored yet!!</P>

miked1958
01-12-2012, 03:21 PM
Hey everyone, Just wanted to say I think its going to be a great game between the Pack and the Giants, you guys are right the Pack do really respect the Giants and know they have to have there A game to win, the Giants are playing great ball and have the front four on the defensive line to beat the Pack. I feel the key to the game is the Giants front four againt the Packers offensive line, if they can't get to Rodgers he will light them up, people forget the Pack have won 21 out of there last 22 games. The team that beat them, the chiefs got to Rodgers with there front four and the dbs played press coverage. The Giants will be able to run the ball and the Pack will not but that won't matter unless the Giants have eigtht minute drives. The Packers haven't been able to run the ball all year consistently but Rodgers is so good it doesn't really matter. If the Giants keep the game in the 20s I think they have a great shot but if it goes into the 30s or 40s the Pack will win. I can't wait for the game and may the best team win. Any thoughts from Giants fans Scoot</P>

This 15-1 Packers team has the best chance in YEARs to Repeat. If they dont do it, it might not ever get done again</P>

with that said we win by 21.</P>

lol</P>

Giants 38-17... Offense and Defense , ST all show up for 4quarters</P>