PDA

View Full Version : Lurking on the GB Message board and....

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM
their website is a bajillion times better than ours as far as layout, and user interface. Why is this MB so far behind?

We should take their site, change the colors. Their MB is perfect. Well, besides all those "Pack will win on Sunday" predictions.

davecrazy
01-10-2012, 12:06 PM
There was going to be a new board this season but it kept getting pushed back. They missed their preseason window to get it up and instead of taking the board down mid season they chose to stick with this one.

chizz
01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
yea what ever happened with the site change

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Is it their official MB? I don't even see a message board linked to their site. Care to give a link?

gumby742
01-10-2012, 12:09 PM
I hear you get alerted when someone responds to your post. That's pretty cool.

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM
I guess I can understand not wanting to make a change this big in the middle of the season, that makes sense.

The MB may not be their official board, but either way, we should copy this board code for code. The user experience seems to be light years ahead of ours here.

http://www.packerforum.com/forums/packer-fan-forum.20/

DartLax 36
01-10-2012, 12:12 PM
Word is the higher powers that be here didn't want to take the board down during the regular season, so even though it's ready, they're waiting until the offseason to get it up and running.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:17 PM
I guess I can understand not wanting to make a change this big in the middle of the season, that makes sense.

The MB may not be their official board, but either way, we should copy this board code for code. The user experience seems to be light years ahead of ours here.

Holy crap man, you like that?? It burned my freakin retinas!

G-G-GMen420
01-10-2012, 12:18 PM
Is it their official MB? I don't even see a message board linked to their site. Care to give a link?

Bro I respect your opinion and enjoy your posts
But Jesus that sig is horrible man it's like 5th grade
Humor!! and everytime I see it I cring!! I figure you
don't give a ....... But I've wanted to say it since you
put it up
Much love Go GIANTS!

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM
the color scheme obviously would be changed for NYG colors but Im telling you that MB is awesome.

email subscriptions to threads you post in (if you want)

you can very easily post videos to a comment, as well as pictures.

you have an alerts tab at the top, sort of like facebook notifications.

just a few things ive noticed looking around for a few minutes today

TuckYou
01-10-2012, 12:20 PM
Well, at least it is centered on the screen. Other then that... eh. Whatevers.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM

put it up
Much love Go GIANTS!

Yeah I've been lookin. Couldn't find anything good for Atl. Need a fun one for GB.[;)]

Found it! [:P]

NYGFaninILL
01-10-2012, 12:32 PM

The one thing I kind of want is imbedded videos, si we don't gave to go to a new page.

Oh, and a text bar, so those who don't know how to use HTML don't have to.

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 12:35 PM

The one thing I kind of want is imbedded videos, si we don't gave to go to a new page.

Oh, and a text bar, so those who don't know how to use HTML don't have to.

Other MB's allow you to imbed videos right to your post, but you need to know the HTML tricks like [media]\ or what ever. The GB site you dont need to do that, they do it for you. Videos and pictures right in to the post you're creating. You can also "like" peoples comments and I guess posters gain points by having others "like" their comments. They certainly took a few things from Facebook.

G-G-GMen420
01-10-2012, 01:03 PM

put it up
Much love Go GIANTS!

Yeah I've been lookin. Couldn't find anything good for Atl. Need a fun one for GB.[;)]

Found it! [:P]

Thank you!

Mod_C
01-10-2012, 01:17 PM
their website is a bajillion times better than ours as far as layout, and user interface. Why is this MB so far behind?

We should take their site, change the colors. Their MB is perfect. Well, besides all those "Pack will win on Sunday" predictions.

We decided to wait for the off-season to change over to the new format.

krygny
01-10-2012, 01:22 PM
Does anybody here know how to post a link? All I found was this.

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
I've been conversing with them

There are some cool ones...but for the most part I find them to be self-righteous, self-entitled, spoiled fans.

There's about 10 total active members so if you get into words with one of them the others come running to the rescue. It's pretty lame actually.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 01:30 PM

There are some cool ones...but for the most part I find them to be self-righteous, self-entitled, spoiled fans.

There's about 10 total active members so if you get into words with one of them the others come running to the rescue. It's pretty lame actually.

</P>

So they're like every other fanbase - including ours ....</P>

jjj45
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM

</p>

So they're like every other fanbase - including ours ....</p>we're self righteous and entitled? More like self degrading. This team gets bashed more than most other sites.

jumping to the support of another poster?

We can barley agree on who likes Eli Manning and who doesn't.

yeah fans are fans but most of us here aren't arrogant.

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 01:43 PM

</p>

So they're like every other fanbase - including ours ....</p>

You have no idea

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM
all I've noticed is they are very sure of themselves. But if you're going to tell me you wouldn't be the same way if we were in the Packers position you're definitely lying.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 01:51 PM

</P>

So they're like every other fanbase - including ours ....</P>

we're self righteous and entitled? More like self degrading. This team gets bashed more than most other sites.

</P>

There's nothing wrong with being arrogant. When you've been good for that long, it's hard not to be. Yankee fans, Pats fans, etc they all stink of self entitlement. It's annoying as crap. But, if you remember in 2008 - after we won the SB and we had the first overall seed locked up, a lot of us were exactly like that.</P>

I guess the Packer fans feel the need to support each other because from going to their forums, there really aren't that many posters there. It wasn't anywhere near as active as our Giant forums.</P>

And I think we're all in agreement that Eli sucks.</P>

BigBlue wins
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM
And I think we're all in agreement that Eli sucks.</p>

Alright, throw up your fisticuffs! :)

jjj45
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
And I think we're all in agreement that Eli sucks.lol I shall not fall for your evil ploy.

I have no problem with the diehard pack fans.......the ones who stayed true to their team even when they sucked a couple of years ago. What I cant stand are the ones who only know who clay matthews and aaron rodgers are. And right now, those are the type of fans I see the most.

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 02:05 PM
And I think we're all in agreement that Eli sucks.lol I shall not fall for your evil ploy.

I have no problem with the diehard pack fans.......the ones who stayed true to their team even when they sucked a couple of years ago. What I cant stand are the ones who only know who clay matthews and aaron rodgers are. And right now, those are the type of fans I see the most.

That's the thing.....about 90% of their fans on that board joined right before the SB last year. There is no question the Pack is the #1 front running bandwagon team in the NFL right now.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 02:07 PM
Does anybody here know how to post a link? All I found was this.

http://www.packerchatters.com/4ums/index.php

gumby742
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

That's the thing.....about 90% of their fans on that board joined right before the SB last year. There is no question the Pack is the #1 front running bandwagon team in the NFL right now.

</P>

You gotta love Green Bay though. Green Bay is a total of how many thousand people? In order to raise capital, they need to sell shares to the general public. That's just crazy. </P>

The most dedicated fanbase imo.</P>

http://www.packers.com/community/shareholders.html</P>

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 02:26 PM

</p>

You gotta love Green Bay though. Green Bay is a total of how many thousand people? In order to raise capital, they need to sell shares to the general public. That's just crazy. </p>

The most dedicated fanbase imo.</p>

http://www.packers.com/community/shareholders.html</p>

I respect the Packers and their organization. IMO I'm not buying the whole "classy fans" bit. I still think they're self-righteous water walkers. There are some level headed fans for sure, but most of them just try to coax you into trolling when you try and talk football.

jimsgints
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM

</p>

So they're like every other fanbase - including ours ....</p>we're self righteous and entitled? More like self degrading. This team gets bashed more than most other sites.

HA! Good one!

Drez
01-10-2012, 05:32 PM

Holy crap man, you like that?? It burned my freakin retinas!
</P>

Yeah, those forums are pretty atrocious. Granted, the color scheme is bad, but I don't even like the layout. Just changing the colors wouldn't do much for me. And I've never even heard of the software they're using.</P>

I actually think the layout and set up of these forums are excellent. It just happens that the software is outdated and all the functionsdon't work properly.</P>

We're going to be updating to vBulletin, which is pretty solid software... It's pretty standard BB software. The skin for it is going to be similar to these (kind of a cross between these boards and the current website).</P>

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 05:42 PM

</P>

Maybe its because I'm just used to the Giants boards, but I like ours more.</P>