PDA

View Full Version : how do you guarantee a win after losing to a team twice in a row?

Marvelousmik
01-10-2012, 11:58 AM
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/vow_of_silence_Obg7LOQl3bLui0xKCDsJtL

Seriously? this was a stupid move and i was afraid this team would start getting on that high horse again. anytime they come off of a big win the ****iness builds up. last year rolle guaranteed we would beat them also. You know how that turned out.

Now i feel like we're going to lose. I hope im wrong though.

CTLadyBlue
01-10-2012, 12:03 PM

Seriously? this was a stupid move and i was afraid this team would start getting on that high horse again. anytime they come off of a big win the ****iness builds up. last year rolle guaranteed we would beat them also. You know how that turned out.*

Granted we should be keeping our mouth shut, but JPP is a young guy feeling good about his teams chances.

As for winning against a team who beat us twice in a row - er.....'07 Cowboys

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 12:04 PM
It's a crap non story. You're falling for another media hyped nothingness. It was right after the game he said we're going to GB and we're gonna win. Big deal. Is he gonna say we're gonna go to GB and lose?
Relax.

ny06
01-10-2012, 12:05 PM
The reporter asked him a question, and JPP answered him honestly. </P>

Who cares, I am glad the team is confident, this is a huge game, being confident is different then being ****y. </P>

</P>

NJ10
01-10-2012, 12:08 PM
Of course JPP thinks we are going to win. It good that he has confidence in this team. I would be worried if he said, "Yeah we have no shot to beat Green Bay, They are the mighty Packers, we don't stand a chance.

Mod_C
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM

Seriously? this was a stupid move and i was afraid this team would start getting on that high horse again. anytime they come off of a big win the ****iness builds up. last year rolle guaranteed we would beat them also. You know how that turned out.

Not really so stupid. We want these guys to have confidence, especially the play makers like JPP. If you are afraid we're going to lose just because JPP said that, maybe lok for some tangible reasons to worry about. Like they went 15-1 in the regular season.

Of course we would never be able to beat any team with that solid a record, or at home where they've won most of the games..OH WAIT!

GameTime
01-10-2012, 12:11 PM

</P>

ONE guy said something...not th ewhole team...ONLY JPP. All the other team members said nothing like that. You are over reacting just like the media and half of this message board. The team is not on its high horses. Listen to all the video interveiws. They all talkl abot improving on last week the challenge ahead next week. </P>

Everybody calm the **** down!! Even Macarthy didnt care and said he expects all players to want to win. He then followed it up by saying."I think we are going to win the game. What do want the guy to say"?????</P>

</P>

Denaliman316
01-10-2012, 12:14 PM
Like Mike McCarthy said. "what is he supposed to say? He thinks they will lose?!"

Itlan
01-10-2012, 12:16 PM
Dumb thread.

GameTime
01-10-2012, 12:19 PM

</P>

BTW...whether it comes out right or not your sig sucks </P>

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 12:21 PM
Your signature is absolutely disgusting. I'm throwing up my lunch all over my desk.

TroyArcher
01-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Why does a Giants fan have 45-21 Packers as his signature?

MikeIsaGiant
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Gianthunter
01-10-2012, 12:42 PM
Day two on a multipart episode of How The Knickers Twist.

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 12:50 PM
lesson from this big ball of nothing? </P>

</P>

NEVER say you'll win a game, because apparantly that means you've guaranteed that you'll win.</P>

just stupid.</P>

and reporters wonder why players are coached to say next to nothing when inteviews.</P>

i hate the media.</P>

buddy33
01-10-2012, 12:50 PM
I really don't care. They should all feel that they are going to win. If they don't they should not bother even playing the game. I like the confidence. Don't back down to any team Giants.

giantsfan420
01-10-2012, 12:51 PM
jpp is different. he rarely speaks out. when he does, he delivers. i have no issue with guys like jpp, kiwi, canty, or boley speaking up. whenever they do, they back it up. kiwi said we could pitch a shutout vs dallas. and we did for one half.

those guys have a diff. way of speaking up, when they do, i actually like it bc jpp is a guy who if he tries his hardest to change/dominate this game bc he said something, chances are he's going to kill it.

also i really like how this team has this confidence in the first place too. its like when osi returned, the team got its swagger back. like they ALL felt like they could be a serious defense...and they havent disappointed.

SweetZombieJesus
01-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Chalk this up to being an excitable young player who hasn't learned to play the off-field game (i.e. say politically correct things) just as he doesn't fully understand the game on the field yet.

JPP's family is straight off the boat, he did not play at a big football school/program and in the past 4 months he's gone from nobody to All-Pro superstar. This is all overwhelming for him. Give him a little time and he'll learn the off-field game.

Spizi
01-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Seriously? this was a stupid move and i was afraid this team would start getting on that high horse again. anytime they come off of a big win the ****iness builds up. last year rolle guaranteed we would beat them also. You know how that turned out.*

Because 3rd times the charm duh!

Marvelousmik
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM
My sig is actually from the first time we played the packers this year. I havent been on these boards much so i haven't gotten the chance to remove it.

As far as confidence goes, i am happy they have confidence. Its just that when i look back to the start of the season, i see it like this.

1. we came into game 1 vs the redskins overconfident thinking they were the same garbage team we have faced the previous years and we got handled.

2. then we win 2 in a row coming off of a huge win vs "the dream team" where we felt really good going into the seahawks game at home. and we lost.

3. then we came off of a huge game vs the patriots where our whole team was hyped. ppl were rallying, lifting TC in the air, and chanting in the locker room. and then we lose to the 9ers following a losing steak.

4. we won a few games to get into the playoffs and now we are coming off of a huge win where our D shuts out the falcons, and now i hear JPP gurantees a win.

You can see why i am a little more worried now.

I had a feeling the media probably exaggerated it. i just hope the packers don't use it for more motivation.

Marvelousmik
01-10-2012, 01:36 PM
If you are afraid we're going to lose just because JPP said that, maybe lok for some tangible reasons to worry about. Like they went 15-1 in the regular season.

Of course we would never be able to beat any team with that solid a record, or at home where they've won most of the games..OH WAIT!

to tell you the truth i am more worried about the Refs beating us. aaron rodgers and the referee crew are going to be hard to stop this sunday.

Providence
01-10-2012, 01:44 PM

*</P>

NEVER say you'll win a game, because apparantly that means you've guaranteed that you'll win.</P>

just stupid.</P>

and reporters wonder why players are coached to say next to nothing when inteviews.</P>

i hate the media.</P>

It's pathetic isn't it? Don't hate the media, hate the buffoons that value inaccurate reporting and then spread crappy rumors.

GameTime
01-10-2012, 01:48 PM
My sig is actually from the first time we played the packers this year. I havent been on these boards much so i haven't gotten the chance to remove it.

As far as confidence goes, i am happy they have confidence. Its just that when i look back to the start of the season, i see it like this.

1. we came into game 1 vs the redskins overconfident thinking they were the same garbage team we have faced the previous years and we got handled.

2. then we win 2 in a row coming off of a huge win vs "the dream team" where we felt really good going into the seahawks game at home. and we lost.

3. then we came off of a huge game vs the patriots where our whole team was hyped. ppl were rallying, lifting TC in the air, and chanting in the locker room. and then we lose to the 9ers following a losing steak.

4. we won a few games to get into the playoffs and now we are coming off of a huge win where our D shuts out the falcons, and now i hear JPP gurantees a win.

I had a feeling the media probably exaggerated it. i just hope the packers don't use it for more motivation.

</P>

that was my point in the last response...</P>

its only JPP. The rest of the team is not following with any bravado.....</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM

</P>

just stupid.</P>

i hate the media.</P>

It's pathetic isn't it? Don't hate the media, hate the buffoons that value inaccurate reporting and then spread crappy rumors.</P>

some *** on early morning ESPN guy..Jarrod or Jacob or whatever onbefore Mike and Mike was comparing what JPP said to Rex Ryan's garauntees and other oral bull****.....</P>

what a ****ing tool......</P>

burier
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM

*</P>

just stupid.</P>

i hate the media.</P>

For real though (Gumby)

If these reporters would stop trying to spin eveerything maybe they might be able to get a half decent interview once in a while.

What have we seen in the past when players "Guarantee" a win.

Sometimes they're right. Sometimes they're wrong. Why?

BECAUSE IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANYTHING!

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 04:09 PM
What did JPP do wrong? He was asked (stop me if I'm wrong) what he felt the percentages were for a Giant win, and he replied "100% chance we're going to win." He didn't say that the Pack stinks; that they were lucky last time; that the Giants were going to GB to take the women and children. He didn't do ANY trash talking -- just stated confidence that the Giants were going to win this game.</P>

I can't STAND when players talk smack, but I don't see where the "smack" is here. Nobody on the Pack seems to care, just the Pack fans. </P>

I want to thank JPP for finding the difference between talking smack and giving the same ol' boring media-correct responses. I think it was a 100% great answer.</P>

Redeyejedi
01-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey JPP R u going to win

"Maybe I hope so ,if they make a lot of mistakes we might have a chance if Rodgers falls down the stairs when he leaves the house and Matt Flynn slips in the parking lot Id say we have a 50/50 chance"

Is that a better answer

Axels15
01-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Guys, I don't understand why any of you get upset when the players talk

I especially don't understand why you care now. This is the playoffs. If players aren't already motivated now, JPP guaranteeing a victory isn't going to motivate them MORE

calm down
Enjoy the buildup
watch the game

G-Man67
01-10-2012, 04:43 PM
ha, well didnt he say 80% or has he now gone ALL IN! :)

rcrane082985
01-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Unless you actually believe in jinxes, superstition, ghosts, etc, I dont know how you think him saying this will hurt our chances.

Marvelousmik
01-11-2012, 02:48 AM
Hey JPP R u going to win

"Maybe I hope so ,if they make a lot of mistakes we might have a chance if Rodgers falls down the stairs when he leaves the house and Matt Flynn slips in the parking lot Id say we have a 50/50 chance"

Is that a better answer

"Hey Jpp what are the pecentages you win this time around vs the packers."

"we just have to go out there and play hard."

that would have probably been my answer.

GiantsX5M
01-11-2012, 03:03 AM
Maybe he should guarantee a loss?..

blueomaha
01-11-2012, 05:48 AM

I had a feeling the media probably exaggerated it. i just hope the packers don't use it* for more motivation.

if the packers need this for motivation, then they don't have a clue...this is the playoffs..what more motivation do you need??....

Marvelousmik
01-11-2012, 06:04 AM
if the packers need this for motivation, then they don't have a clue...this is the playoffs..what more motivation do you need??....

good point

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 06:12 AM
It doesn't matter what JPP said. In a typical week it might have made for prime bulletin board material, but nobody at 1265 Lombardi Ave. is going to be paying attention to it this week. It's the playoffs, the motivation to win isn't simply to show up your opponent. It's the ring. It's all about the ring.

Aside from that, JPP's comment is wholly insignificant given what all of Packer Nation is going through right now. Nobody cares.

jakegibbs
01-11-2012, 06:57 AM

how do you guarantee a win after losing to a team twice in a row?

Just go out & score more points than GB does. Then you guarantee a win. Quite simple when you think about it. D has got to hold GB under 20 pts & O has got to score more than 20 pts = guarantee win.

BklynBlue
01-11-2012, 07:05 AM
JPP changed his tune yesterday when asked about the guarantee victory on the FAN.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 07:11 AM
how do you guarantee a win after losing to a team twice in a row?

Just go out & score more points than GB does. Then you guarantee a win. Quite simple when you think about it. D has got to hold GB under 20 pts & O has got to score more than 20 pts = guarantee win.

You are absolutely correct, of course, in the most literal sense possible. A score above 20 will beat a score below 20 every single time. But holding GB's offense under 20 points is not "quite simple when you think about it." It's a pretty tall order for any defense. I certainly hope the men on the Giants roster have more respect than that for their opponent this weekend.

jomo
01-11-2012, 07:16 AM
No need to be so literal. This is not a court of law.

OX1
01-11-2012, 08:01 AM
JPP changed his tune yesterday when asked about the guarantee victory on the FAN.</P>

and said EXACTLY what??</P>

</P>

GameTime
01-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Hey JPP R u going to win "Maybe I hope so ,if they make a lot of mistakes we might have a chance if Rodgers falls down the stairs when he leaves the house and Matt Flynn slips in the parking lot Id say we have a 50/50 chance" Is that a better answer

"Hey Jpp what are the pecentages you win this time around vs the packers."

"we just have to go out there and play hard."

that would have probably been my answer.
</P>

thats why you are on the message baords and JPP is actually playing in the game....lol</P>

BklynBlue
01-11-2012, 08:52 AM
JPP changed his tune yesterday when asked about the guarantee victory on the FAN.</P>

and said EXACTLY what??</P>

*</P>

He would not commit to using the term 100% or guarantee. He basically said if both sides of the ball play up to their potential they can come out of Green Bay with a win. He was then asked if TC got on him about his comments and he danced around that question.

GO BLUE!!!