PDA

View Full Version : Blackouts Possible, but Not Likely

Simms XXI
04-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Don't know if this was discussed earlier but John Mara talked about the possibility of the Giants and Jets being blacked out because all of the PSLs/tickets not being sold, on WFAN this afternoon.

He said all tickets are counted towards a sellout (including club seats) and if they aren't sold, the games could be blacked out.

HOWEVER, he said that would be very unlikely as then those seats would be put on sale to the general public, then, like most teams who haven't sold out do, they would buy back their own seats about 48 hours prior to kick off so the games can air in the local market. He said he couldn't speak for the Jets, but he would imagine they would do something similar.

Interesting that this is even an issue for both NY NFL teams.

LTcrack
04-24-2010, 07:57 AM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks.

Jint Fan 73
04-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Thats the first I heard about the club seats being counted....interesting

I also learned that they seperate the ticket and the access to the club so they can sell the seat for 200 or what ever and not have to sell the club access for 500

Third&12
04-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Don't care cuz I will be there lol

eli#10nyg
04-24-2010, 09:46 AM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks.</P>

the crooks are the jerk offs in the organization who think it is ok to charge thousands for seats. as a result the average person has to decide between eating that week and taking in a game so they can support their favorite team. toooooo much money paid out in this sport and others, and as a result the "common man," can't afford to see his team play. total BS! if you don't agree with me i don't care. i could take a few game sin, but it is such a flippin rip off its sickening. if it wasn't for the fan, the players wouldn't have jobs. so i'm to pay $500 (close to a weeks pay,) to watch some other SOB make $500,000 for that weeks game? its ludicrous. screw the market and all that BS; the games are not accesible to the average fan.</P>

LTcrack
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
well if you dont want to pay, dont go. all sports now are not for average fans. sports is getting more expensive to go. if you cant afford it, stay home and watch it on tv, or get a better job to pay for the seats.

Hell_Rell
04-24-2010, 04:53 PM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks. Obama and his crooks? Are you an idiot, or just a biased anti-Obama? The only way you can portray Obama as a crook, is if you're making over 200k and wanna cry about being taxed more than the poor (which is how it should be).

Hell_Rell
04-24-2010, 04:59 PM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks.</p>

the crooks are the jerk offs in the organization who think it is ok to charge thousands for seats. as a result the average person has to decide between eating that week and taking in a game so they can support their favorite team. toooooo much money paid out in this sport and others, and as a result the "common man," can't afford to see his team play. total BS! if you don't agree with me i don't care. i could take a few game sin, but it is such a flippin rip off its sickening. if it wasn't for the fan, the players wouldn't have jobs. so i'm to pay $500 (close to a weeks pay,) to watch some other SOB make $500,000 for that weeks game? its ludicrous. screw the market and all that BS; the games are not accesible to the average fan.</p> It's kinda sad man. Back when I wasn't a fan of baseball, I'd get pissed at how my friend would go to an average ten games at Yankee stadium, and each ticket was like $30 and sometimes he'd just get them for free.

Giants tickets have always been expensive, go anywhere else and they're cheaper. They're always $100 and over on ticket stub, unless you pay for two at like $70.

Either way, I'm going to take my mother to one of thse games this year, if we don't play sloppy. I was supposed to go to the Redskins game, but my friend sold his last ticket to his friend and forgot to tell me. :( http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs240.snc1/8730_169044321320_730481320_3948688_6190441_n.jpg

Hell_Rell
04-24-2010, 05:00 PM
I just want to know what Obama has to do with ticket sales for the Giants.

Also, do you expect anyone to take you seriously when your screename's a play on words to mock Lawrence Taylor?

SweetZombieJesus
04-24-2010, 06:31 PM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks. Obama and his crooks? Are you an idiot, or just a biased anti-Obama? The only way you can portray Obama as a crook, is if you're making over 200k and wanna cry about being taxed more than the poor (which is how it should be).

Not to be political, but stealing GM and reducing the former shareholders to 5% of the new company is theft to me...

BowlboundGman
04-24-2010, 06:49 PM
Club sets do not count with blackout rules

LTcrack
04-24-2010, 07:00 PM
hey Hell_Rell,

its not right for all these welfare citizens to expect the rich to pay for everything. im sick of it. over 40% pay no taxes but use the most govt. services. why to do i have to pay for them. this country needs to wake up and go to a flat tax, where everyone pays.

fortyluv
04-24-2010, 07:08 PM
hey Hell_Rell,

its not right for all these welfare citizens to expect the rich to pay for everything. im sick of it. over 40% pay no taxes but use the most govt. services. why to do i have to pay for them. this country needs to wake up and go to a flat tax, where everyone pays.

Any moderators around? If this guy isn't blatantly politicizing then no one on here has ever created a political post.

LTcrack
04-24-2010, 07:09 PM
stop whining fortyluv.

Roosevelt
04-24-2010, 07:12 PM

That's what I've heard.

Mara stated that he's sure the Giants won't be blacked out and pretty sure the Jets wont be either.

Jet-Blue
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM

That's what I've heard.

Mara stated that he's sure the Giants won't be blacked out and pretty sure the Jets wont be either.

Found this, that say the Suites and Clubs do not count.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d812dced0&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

scoopscj
04-24-2010, 07:54 PM
The day the Giants become blacked out or they go to Pay per View, (Which I think could be coming down the pike in the near future) is the day I stop watching football.

Scoops

RoanokeFan
04-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Thats the first I heard about the club seats being counted....interesting

I also learned that they seperate the ticket and the access to the club so they can sell the seat for 200 or what ever and not have to sell the club access for 500

They'll buy the seats/tickets back to prevent a blackout as Mara says. They may just have to discount those PSL's if they can't get the asking price after a few seasons go by

RoanokeFan
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
its called the bad economy. Business are not just throwing money around like they used to, especially the ones that took Govt bailouts. Obama and his crooks are watching out like hawks.

You are making this into a political statement?

Die-Hard
04-24-2010, 08:32 PM
NO POLITICAL DISCUSSIONS/REFERENCES ARE PERMITTED

<u><font size="6">EVER</font></u>