gumby742
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</P>

wtf</P>

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
It's cool. Will just add more Fewell to the fire.

I'll worry about the eagles d next september. I'm looking at GB right now.

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 02:00 PM
It's cool. Will just add more Fewell to the fire.

I'll worry about the eagles d next september. I'm looking at GB right now.

exactly. If Fewell can pull this off, who is to say it's not more impressive than 07?

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Doesn't matter at this point, Fewell saved his job regardless. I'm sure Spags knows that.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
It's cool. Will just add more Fewell to the fire. I'll worry about the eagles d next september. I'm looking at GB right now.

exactly. If Fewell can pull this off, who is to say it's not more impressive than 07?
</P>

If Fewell needs everyone healthy to succeed, then that just tells me he lacks the ability to adjust to his personnel. We're not talking about an average defense he ran due to injury. Our defense was practically the worst in the entire NFL. Unacceptable. </P>

But that's neither here nor there. We have the playoffs to cheer about.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
01-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh my....

barran21
01-10-2012, 02:10 PM
It won't change the fact that Vick is there QB and Reid forgets he has a GREAT RB, and goes PASS happy all day... lets not forget Spags defense was giving up points when he was here, the league is different today, the Giants will figure out how to score on that defense....

CDN_G-FAN
i'm interested to see how that defense does now.</P>

Spags has taken on a legendary reputation in the land of the Giants, probably for good reason, but i still wonder if he didn't benefit from catching lightening in a bottle.</P>

I'm still curious to see if or how the defense changes in Philly as a result.</P>

funkybudda
wow,

terrible news...

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 02:11 PM
It's cool. Will just add more Fewell to the fire. I'll worry about the eagles d next september. I'm looking at GB right now.

</P>

If Fewell needs everyone healthy to succeed, then that just tells me he lacks the ability to adjust to his personnel. We're not talking about an average defense he ran due to injury. Our defense was practically the worst in the entire NFL. Unacceptable. </P>

</P>

at no time during the season has he had everyone healthy.</P>

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM
Well alrighty ... he can go prove he cant walk on water there then.... but this will be a thorn in our sides for years.

buddy33
01-10-2012, 02:13 PM

exactly.* If Fewell can pull this off, who is to say it's not more impressive than 07?
</P>

If Fewell needs everyone healthy to succeed, then that just tells me he lacks the ability to adjust to his personnel.* We're not talking about an average defense he ran due to injury.* Our defense was practically the worst in the entire NFL.* Unacceptable.* </P>

But that's neither here nor there.* We have the playoffs to cheer about.</P>

Really? So how did Spags do with all the injuries the Rams had this year?

It was posted that the Giants defense had the 3rd worse injury list in like 10 years and the other two teams did not make the playoffs.

Seducer
01-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Has Castillo even been fired yet? Are they reassigning him within the organization?</P>

burier
01-10-2012, 02:17 PM
people romantasize the coordinators.

you don't need any kind of genuis to run the Defense. He just needs to be competent.

Fewell is on my nerves because it took him 14 weeks to realize that his goofy schemes don't work and to just let the guys line up and play.

Its like Tomlin said. "You can't be out there playing assignment football. You go whip someone ***. That's football"

I just want my D coordinator to stay out of the way.

As far as spags. If he wasnts to be in Philly F-em.

TrueBlue07
Has Castillo even been fired yet? Are they reassigning him within the organization?</p>

They havent said what this means to Castillo but I would assume they reassign him

Ruttiger711
Has Castillo even been fired yet? Are they reassigning him within the organization?</P>

</P>

</P>

IMO - this has "head coach in waiting" for Spags written all over it. Apparently the Eagles can get out of Vick's deal after next year... and if another failed season Vick and Reid will be gone.</P>

yatitle
01-10-2012, 02:18 PM
i'm interested to see how that defense does now.</p>

Spags has taken on a legendary reputation in the land of the Giants, probably for good reason, but i still wonder if he didn't benefit from catching lightening in a bottle.</p>

I'm still curious to see if or how the defense changes in Philly as a result.</p>

Great post. Spags certainly didn't perform any of his "defensive genius" on the sorry sack 10-38 Rams. Spags w/o Stray, Osi &amp; Tuck isn't so much of a genius.

hadenough
01-10-2012, 02:19 PM

Spags has taken on a legendary reputation in the land of the Giants, probably for good reason, but i still wonder if he didn't benefit from catching lightening in a bottle.</P>

I'm still curious to see if or how the defense changes in Philly as a result.</P>

That's my feeling...Spags was a nice dcord. He certainly wasn't great...just appeared great because he took over for one of the worst dcords in the history of the Giants. And had an incredible pass rush to go with it.

We saw how Fewell did with an incredible pass rush last week.

Kase-1
01-10-2012, 02:20 PM
As much as I want Spags back, we gotta give Fewell a fair shot. I know this will drive a few people nuts, but IMO he earned at least 1 more season with us.

Last year we had a top 10 defense for most of the year, and if we had our on field DC (Goff) and our #2 CB in T2 then I feel that we would have had quite a different defensive look this season.

gumby742
01-10-2012, 02:21 PM

</P>

Really? So how did Spags do with all the injuries the Rams had this year? It was posted that the Giants defense had the 3rd worse injury list in like 10 years and the other two teams did not make the playoffs.</P>

The Rams still had a better overall defense then we did. Complain about injuries all you want, but we still had a bunch of players that would be lock starters on almost any other team. I would understand if we were 15th or 20th. But almost dead last? No way.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 02:21 PM

Great post. Spags certainly didn't perform any of his "defensive genius" on the sorry sack 10-38 Rams. Spags w/o Stray, Osi &amp; Tuck isn't so much of a genius.
</P>

i'm sure the spags diciples will rip me for it, and hide behind 'no talent in St. Louis', but that Rams defense wasn't even average. They appeared to play no better or worse than the preceived roster.</P>

and ownership in St. Louis looks like they had enough too.</P>

think back to all of the people SCREAMING that we need to find a way to keep Spags so he could replace Coughlin as HC.</P>

i'd like to have him back as DC, no lie, but am i ever glad smarter people run this football team than the average fan.</P>

barran21
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM
Has Castillo even been fired yet? Are they reassigning him within the organization?</p>

He's Andy's play toy, or best friend, so he's not going anywhere he will be assigned a new job...

gumby742
01-10-2012, 02:22 PM

</P>

2008 begs to differ. Danny Clark remember him? Chase Blackburn? Dockery? Butler? Michael Johnson? C'mon now.</P>

gumby742
01-10-2012, 02:23 PM

</P>

he didn't catch lightning in a bottle in 2008. He lost a bunch of players and we an even better defense.</P>

stormblue
01-10-2012, 02:24 PM
spaggs didn't pitch no playoff shutout

fewell did

buddy33
01-10-2012, 02:29 PM

exactly.* If Fewell can pull this off, who is to say it's not more impressive than 07?
</P>

If Fewell needs everyone healthy to succeed, then that just tells me he lacks the ability to adjust to his personnel.* We're not talking about an average defense he ran due to injury.* Our defense was practically the worst in the entire NFL.* Unacceptable.* </P>

Really? So how did Spags do with all the injuries the Rams had this year? It was posted that the Giants defense had the 3rd worse injury list in like 10 years and the other two teams did not make the playoffs.</P>

The Rams still had a better overall defense then we did.* Complain about injuries all you want, but we still had a bunch of players that would be lock starters on almost any other team.** I would understand if we were 15th or 20th.* But almost dead last?* No way.</P>

Do you know what the difference between the #27 ranked defense and the #12 ranked defense was? About 42 yards a game. That's how they rank defense. The Giants also had to play the top 4 offensive teams in the league an they played #4 twice.

Giantz4Life
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM

</p>

If Fewell needs everyone healthy to succeed, then that just tells me he lacks the ability to adjust to his personnel. We're not talking about an average defense he ran due to injury. Our defense was practically the worst in the entire NFL. Unacceptable. </p>

But that's neither here nor there. We have the playoffs to cheer about.</p>

Really? So how did Spags do with all the injuries the Rams had this year? It was posted that the Giants defense had the 3rd worse injury list in like 10 years and the other two teams did not make the playoffs.</p>

The Rams still had a better overall defense then we did. Complain about injuries all you want, but we still had a bunch of players that would be lock starters on almost any other team. I would understand if we were 15th or 20th. But almost dead last? No way.</p>

Do you know what the difference between the #27 ranked defense and the #12 ranked defense was? About 42 yards a game. That's how they rank defense. The Giants also had to play the top 4 offensive teams in the league an they played #4 twice.

Interesting... didn't know that

Drez
01-10-2012, 02:34 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

What are you talking about? I think there was one day in training camp, lol.</P>

rainierjef
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
you guys are bugging out for no reason i checked all over the NFL website and couldn't find aything stating him returning to philly. so either the poster mis heard something on sirus radio or is stiring up B.S.</P>

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/10/2696881/steve-spagnuolo-philadelphia-eagles-defensive-coordinator</P>

This is the most i can find on it... likely until it happens lets all put our panties back on </P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 02:36 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.

I am over it...just makes the Beast games more sick to watch..

nygsb42champs
01-10-2012, 02:39 PM
Sad to see him go back there but that should not be on our mind right now. Green Bay should be what is on everyones mind.

ocky
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
you guys are bugging out for no reason i checked all over the NFL website and couldn't find aything stating him returning to philly. so either the poster mis heard something on sirus radio or is stiring up B.S.</P>

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/1/10/2696881/steve-spagnuolo-philadelphia-eagles-defensive-coordinator*</P>

This is the most i can find on it... likely until it happens lets all put our panties back on </P>

How about this

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/137019633.html

FIFTY6G-MAN
01-10-2012, 02:40 PM
The powers to be have kept PF, but I did not want to see Spags go to a division rival whatsoever. Wish he had gone to the CFL.</P>

Drez
01-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</P>

Before I sob, or vent, or even care, I would like to see some verification on this. Been nearly 45 minutes since you posted this. I've seen nothing on Twitter, ESPN, or NFL.com about this move. </P>

So, what exactly was it that you heard? I know yesterday I heard that Spags was seriously considering taking a year off from coaching.</P>

Gianthunter
01-10-2012, 02:46 PM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Must be a helluva scoop</FONT>. The rest of the football world is crickets on Spags.

CDN_G-FAN

</P>

2008 begs to differ. Danny Clark remember him? Chase Blackburn? Dockery? Butler? Michael Johnson? C'mon now.</P>

</P>

was his 2008 roster any better or worse than what he had in St. Louis? About the same, if not nominally different.</P>

There's more on his resume than just the 2 years he spent with us now.</P>

granted, he's inheriting alot of great pieces in Philly, more than he had with us in 2008 or in St. Louis.</P>

But his performance in New York was mythical, and might be again in Philly (wade phillips being a great example of the same phenominon, he's been an awesome DC wherever he goes), but there's no question that his resume is tarnshied from his time in St. Louis, including the defensive side of the ball.</P>

</P>

SIMMS5611
If this is true, then, former Giant or not, &amp; just like #12 Steve Smith, or any other Giant who goes</P>

to Philly, he is dead to me. He is WORSE than dead, he is a worm, a traitor.</P>

Spags is Fredo Corleone (if this is true).</P>

</P>

</P>

Aside from that, the NFL is a business, so best of luck to him in all his endeavors.....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

...except versus the NYG's....then I wish him failure &amp; pain.</P>

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 02:48 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

What are you talking about? I think there was one day in training camp, lol.</P>

</P>

LOLOL</P>

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</p>

Before I sob, or vent, or even care, I would like to see some verification on this. Been nearly 45 minutes since you posted this. I've seen nothing on Twitter, ESPN, or NFL.com about this move. </p>

So, what exactly was it that you heard? I know yesterday I heard that Spags was seriously considering taking a year off from coaching.</p>

I thought the title of the thread was pretty self explanatory. I'll try it again.

SiriusXM NFL radio, the radio station dedicated to 24/7 NFL talk is reporting that Spags is going back to Philly. That was all they said. If more was reported, I'd have said that. Sorry it wasn't up to snuff for you. Believe it or not, it's your choice.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</p>

Before I sob, or vent, or even care, I would like to see some verification on this. Been nearly 45 minutes since you posted this. I've seen nothing on Twitter, ESPN, or NFL.com about this move. </p>

So, what exactly was it that you heard? I know yesterday I heard that Spags was seriously considering taking a year off from coaching.</p>

I thought the title of the thread was pretty self explanatory. I'll try it again.

SiriusXM NFL radio, the radio station dedicated to 24/7 NFL talk is reporting that Spags is going back to Philly. That was all they said.* If more was reported, I'd have said that.* Sorry it wasn't up to snuff for you. Believe it or not, it's your choice.

I'll help you out...
http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-eagles/137019633.html

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 02:52 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</P>

Before I sob, or vent, or even care, I would like to see some verification on this. Been nearly 45 minutes since you posted this. I've seen nothing on Twitter, ESPN, or NFL.com about this move. </P>

So, what exactly was it that you heard? I know yesterday I heard that Spags was seriously considering taking a year off from coaching.</P>

SiriusXM NFL radio, the radio station dedicated to 24/7 NFL talk is reporting that Spags is going back to Philly. That was all they said. If more was reported, I'd have said that. Sorry it wasn't up to snuff for you. Believe it or not, it's your choice.
</P>

i don't think he's questioning whether you heard it on NFL radio, i think he's questioning why NFL radio is the ONLY media source with this scoop.</P>

wouldn't be the first time a one source deal was exposed as being completely false.</P>

</P>

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 02:53 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</p>

I'll help you out...

Thank you.

I know the Spags lovers weren't going to like hearing the news, didn't think I'd be questioned for just passing along something I heard reported, lol.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 02:54 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.
</p>

SiriusXM NFL radio, the radio station dedicated to 24/7 NFL talk is reporting that Spags is going back to Philly. That was all they said.* If more was reported, I'd have said that.* Sorry it wasn't up to snuff for you. Believe it or not, it's your choice.

I'll help you out...

Thank you.

I know the Spags lovers weren't going to like hearing the news, didn't think I'd be questioned for just passing along something I heard reported, lol.

Well, in all honesty, I like to see links and sources and expect someone to post them with information. So i really cant blame OP for asking for sources.

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 02:55 PM
it's tough to link something heard over the radio. Even the Green Bay MB can't do that, lol

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 03:02 PM
it's tough to link something heard over the radio. Even the Green Bay MB can't do that, lol

thats true.

Gianthunter
01-10-2012, 03:19 PM
<DIV style="BORDER-BOTTOM: medium none; TEXT-ALIGN: left; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; COLOR: #000000; OVERFLOW: hidden; BORDER-TOP: medium none; BORDER-RIGHT: medium none; TEXT-DECORATION: none">

Today, on NFL.com, Jason LaCanfora did a sort of coordinator opening roundup in which he posited that Spagnuolo, a former Jim Johnson assistant, is expected to return to the Eagles by the end of the week. Dunno if that's "expected" as in, "somebody with the Eagles or close to Spagnuolo told me this," or "expected" as in, "this is what everybody seems to be saying."</P>

At any rate, a source close to the situation told your Eagletarian that Reid is out of town until Sunday night, so I'm gonna say that Spagnuolo is NOT going to be back with the Eagles by the end of the week. Not officially, anyway</P>

Read more: http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Spags-Watch-Continues.html#ixzz1j5JtYagn
</DIV>

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 03:23 PM
to be honest, I don't even understand why Reid would want this move to happen. It's a lose/lose situation.

If Spags is great, there will be calls for him to take over HC duties no matter what. Much like TC here, but on an even bigger scale, Philly is always trying to run Reid out of town.

If Spags fails, this is it for Reid.

Either way he's screwed IMO.

lttaylor56
01-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Well alrighty ... he can go prove he cant walk on water there then.... but this will be a thorn in our sides for years.*It's not great news, but let's look down the road, if / when Andy Reid ever leaves and Spags gets the HC pos. I don't think we have much to worry about. Look at the Rams.

Redeyejedi
01-10-2012, 03:34 PM

</P>

Really? So how did Spags do with all the injuries the Rams had this year?

It was posted that the Giants defense had the 3rd worse injury list in like 10 years and the other two teams did not make the playoffs.And one of those teams were the 0-16 Lions

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 04:02 PM
Whats running on Sirius as a news update is that Spags will be meeting with Reid at the end of this week.

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 04:10 PM
I totally expected this...I called this back in October when both the Rams and the Eagles were floundering.

rainierjef
01-10-2012, 04:11 PM
<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt"><FONT face=Calibri>If itís not on <SPAN style="BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: blue; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi">NFL.COM </SPAN><SPAN style="BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black">Then like I said itís all speculation, I mean come on! <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN>what does heís expected to be back with the eagles by the end of the week really say? Its sayís nothing cause honestly I can tell you right now that reports are that cowher is expected to return to Pittsburgh by the end of season.</SPAN></FONT></P>

TrueBlue07
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/andy-reid-on-vacation-in-no-hurry-to-change-defensive-coordinators/

that's a bad job by Adam Schien reporting it as done when clearly it isn't.

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 04:25 PM
<P style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 10pt" class=MsoNormal><FONT face=Calibri>If itís not on <SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri','sans-serif'; BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: blue; mso-ascii-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-hansi-theme-font: minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-theme-font: minor-bidi">NFL.COM </SPAN><SPAN style="BACKGROUND: white; COLOR: black">Then like I said itís all speculation, I mean come on! <SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"></SPAN>what does heís expected to be back with the eagles by the end of the week really say? Its sayís nothing cause honestly I can tell you right now that reports are that cowher is expected to return to Pittsburgh by the end of season.</SPAN></FONT></P>

</P>

If its a running news story on sirius I believe it... they arent a rumor mill and its as closetoofficial asyoure going to get on ANY radio airwaves. </P>

They only thing they are saying though as a NEWS STORY is he has a MEETING w Reid, nothing more... any further speculation is just that. </P>

gumby742
01-10-2012, 04:26 PM

</P>

</P>

was his 2008 roster any better or worse than what he had in St. Louis? About the same, if not nominally different.</P>

There's more on his resume than just the 2 years he spent with us now.</P>

granted, he's inheriting alot of great pieces in Philly, more than he had with us in 2008 or in St. Louis.</P>

But his performance in New York was mythical, and might be again in Philly (wade phillips being a great example of the same phenominon, he's been an awesome DC wherever he goes), but there's no question that his resume is tarnshied from his time in St. Louis, including the defensive side of the ball.</P>

</P>

</P>

I don't know the Rams all that well so i don't really know.But i'd imagine as head coach, your impact on a defense would be lessened then if you were the actual defensive coordinator. But I'm just guessing. It would be like judging Rex Ryan's defensive coordinator ability based on his head coaching stint with the Jets.</P>

Either way, even with the injuries, Fewell has had a lot to work with. I can accept being middle of the pack, but being among the worst defenses in the league is unacceptable.</P>

blueomaha
01-10-2012, 04:30 PM
bring it Spags...i live and die with the NYG.....

burier
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
to be honest, I don't even understand why Reid would want this move to happen. It's a lose/lose situation.

If Spags is great, there will be calls for him to take over HC duties no matter what. Much like TC here, but on an even bigger scale, Philly is always trying to run Reid out of town.

I wouldn't assume that someone isgoing to be waiting to beg Spags to come and coach.

Honestly if he does well in Philly it will be evidence to support that he's a better coordinator than headcoach.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Well, Perry's D better continue to bring it because we know that Spags' D would have. Even if the Giants lose this game, if the D plays respectable I have no prob with Perry coming back and losing out on Spags. I just wanted Fewell to prove himself some more against an elite team.

Drez
01-10-2012, 05:16 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/10/andy-reid-on-vacation-in-no-hurry-to-change-defensive-coordinators/

</P>

That's why I said I wasn't going to get my panties in a bunch about it until there were some other sources reporting on it. </P>

Here's another report on it:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35096/the-day-in-breathless-spagnuolo-speculation</P>

tikiandphil
01-10-2012, 06:58 PM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.

At least someone on the eagles sideline will have seen a Superbowl ring..............

MikeSherrard
01-10-2012, 07:58 PM
THE MORE I THINK ABOUT THIS........IF SPAGS WAS SO GOOD, WHY DID THE RAMS DEFENSE STINK?

Also, he had one good year but really he had some pretty legitimate talent in Strahan, Tuck, Peirce, Osi, Cofield, Wilson Webster etc....

I love the guy but I am actually not 100% sold that he is an elite coach!

lawl
01-10-2012, 09:08 PM

</P>

He didnt have Osi(torn meniscus)or Stray(retired) in 08, when our defense was the best its been under TC. We had Kehl AP and Clark at LB, Johnson and Butler at Safety.</P>

There goes that theory</P>

</P>

lawl
01-10-2012, 09:12 PM
THE MORE I THINK ABOUT THIS........IF SPAGS WAS SO GOOD, WHY DID THE RAMS DEFENSE STINK?

Also, he had one good year but really he had some pretty legitimate talent in Strahan, Tuck, Peirce, Osi, Cofield, Wilson Webster etc....

</P>

First off, Wilson did nothing once he left the Giants. He was noone special.</P>

But, if you disagree with that then it doesn't really matter. Want to know why? Our finest defense season under TC came in 08. Stray was retired. Osi had a torn meniscus. Wilson was a Dolphin. And Pierce was fat and slow. Kehl and Clark were our other starting LBers, and Butler and Johnson were our Safeties.</P>

Our talent level is much higher now than it was in 08</P>

Drez
01-10-2012, 09:16 PM

</P>

First off, Wilson did nothing once he left the Giants. He was noone special.</P>

But, if you disagree with that then it doesn't really matter. Want to know why? Our finest defense season under TC came in 08. Stray was retired. Osi had a torn meniscus. Wilson was a Dolphin. And Pierce was fat and slow. Kehl and Clark were our other starting LBers, and Butler and Johnson were our Safeties.</P>

</P>

I thought Wilson was a Raider in '08.</P>

The defense did begin to lose a lot steam by the end of '08, though. But, I agree, we have better talent overall now than in '08.</P>

TuckYou
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM

Man, you guys sound stupid. Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl. He was a great DC.

MikeSherrard
01-10-2012, 10:27 PM

Man, you guys sound stupid. <font color="#FF0000" size="5">Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl.</font> He was a great DC.

Wow. Interesting. Here I am and I was thinking that Eli, Plaxico, Tyree, Tuck, Jacobs, Strahan and Odi were the "main reason we won the superbowl". And I was being "stupid" whole time.

Thanks for enlightening me. You really do know your stuff!

gumby742
01-10-2012, 10:41 PM

</P>

But, if you disagree with that then it doesn't really matter. Want to know why? Our finest defense season under TC came in 08. Stray was retired. Osi had a torn meniscus. Wilson was a Dolphin. And Pierce was fat and slow.* Kehl and Clark were our other starting LBers, and Butler and Johnson were our Safeties.</P>

Bump. A million times bump. THIS is why spags was great. Not just because of 2007.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 12:00 AM

Man, you guys sound stupid. Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl. He was a great DC.
+1. Eli was great in the playoffs and the SB, but the entire D (especially the line) deserved to be the collective MVP.

In 2008, the D was very good, but wore down by the end. Strahan was retired and Osi was injured the entire year. Wilson and Kiwi were gone, and I think Ross may have been injured. Still, we were a top D.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 12:03 AM

Who said that the Rams would have a good D? They had SO many holes to fill all over the place. Takes time, usually, to build a team. They may have been the only team to have more injuries than the Giants this year.

And even if he stunk as a HC, he certainly proved himself as a DC in '07 and '08. I can't even conceive that as being an argument.

MikeSherrard
01-11-2012, 12:23 AM

Who said that the Rams would have a good D? They had SO many holes to fill all over the place. Takes time, usually, to build a team. They may have been the only team to have more injuries than the Giants this year.

And even if he stunk as a HC, he certainly proved himself as a DC in '07 and '08. I can't even conceive that as being an argument.

I love Spags but I guess my point is, that if he goes to the Eagles, I am not 100% certain that their D will take a quantum leap. I'm just not shaking in my boots like many others on these boards. He was great with the Giants and absolutely terrible with the Rams. That is his entire resume. Does that make him a top flight coach? Maybe, Maybe not.

After writing all that...I will reiterate that I thought his game plan in the super bowl was legendary and executed to perfection.

NYGFaninILL
01-11-2012, 01:51 AM

</P>

Succeed? Were in the 2nd round of the playoffs...

WR4Life
01-11-2012, 02:09 AM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/09/spagnuolo-ponders-taking-a-year-off/

This was also on PFT the day before. If you read that, it seems that theres some stipulation in the contract that Spags had with the Rams that will prevent him from being paid if he goes somewhere else (according to the article, unless he is paid more by the team wherever he goes.) If this is true, then the Eagles would have to pay Spags more as a DC than the Rams were paying him as a HC in order for him to get paid. I don't really understand that though.

lawl
01-11-2012, 03:24 AM

</P>

But, if you disagree with that then it doesn't really matter. Want to know why? Our finest defense season under TC came in 08. Stray was retired. Osi had a torn meniscus. Wilson was a Dolphin. And Pierce was fat and slow.* Kehl and Clark were our other starting LBers, and Butler and Johnson were our Safeties.</P>

</P>

I thought Wilson was a Raider in '08.</P>

The defense did begin to lose a lot steam by the end of '08, though. But, I agree, we have better talent overall now than in '08.</P>

Yea, the raiders, my mistake.

CDN_G-FAN
01-11-2012, 09:38 AM

</P>

He didnt have Osi(torn meniscus)or Stray(retired) in 08, when our defense was the best its been under TC. We had Kehl AP and Clark at LB, Johnson and Butler at Safety.</P>

There goes that theory</P>

</P>

</P>

his two years as giants DC aren't the only years on his resume anymore.</P>

no one questions that he was an awesome DC when he was here. I certainly don't question that.</P>

What i question is whether he's able to sustain that level of play on different defenses.</P>

i guess we'll all find out soon enough.</P>

bandwgn86
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM

Well you'd think as a coach you'd surround yourself with the best people available to win otherwise you end up being unemployed anyways..

gumby742
01-11-2012, 10:07 AM

Who said that the Rams would have a good D? They had SO many holes to fill all over the place. Takes time, usually, to build a team. They may have been the only team to have more injuries than the Giants this year. And even if he stunk as a HC, he certainly proved himself as a DC in '07 and '08. I can't even conceive that as being an argument.

I love Spags but I guess my point is, that if he goes to the Eagles, I am not 100% certain that their D will take a quantum leap. I'm just not shaking in my boots like many others on these boards. He was great with the Giants and absolutely terrible with the Rams. That is his entire resume. Does that make him a top flight coach? Maybe, Maybe not.

After writing all that...I will reiterate that I thought his game plan in the super bowl was legendary and executed to perfection.

</P>

Difference is that on the Rams he was a head coach. Not a d-coordator. You need to compare apples to applies. </P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-11-2012, 10:10 AM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.

At least someone on the eagles sideline will have seen a Superbowl ring..............

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!.....now thats funny

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 10:24 AM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.

it is depressing

i've been spending time on ATL's boards and apparently they have reports that the FAlcons have contacted Spags agent

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 10:27 AM
Sob, or vent here...

go ahead.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!.....now thats funnyNow that's perfect

TuckYou
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM

Man, you guys sound stupid. <FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl.</FONT> He was a great DC.

Wow. Interesting. Here I am and I was thinking that Eli, Plaxico, Tyree, Tuck, Jacobs, Strahan and Odi were the "main reason we won the superbowl". And I was being "stupid" whole time.

</P>

No problem. Its just ignorant to think Spags sucks because he failed in STL. BTW, Strahan and "Odi" didnt win anything until Spags was there, right? And even in 2008, Stray was gone and Osi was on the IR, the D was still amazing. </P>

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM

Man, you guys sound stupid. <FONT color=#ff0000 size=5>Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl.</FONT> He was a great DC.

</P>

No problem. Its just ignorant to think Spags sucks because he failed in STL. BTW, Strahan and "Odi" didnt win anything until Spags was there, right? And even in 2008, Stray was gone and Osi was on the IR, the D was still amazing. </P>

</P>

In the same fashion, there are some who believe that Spags back = superbowl WIN.</P>

Idkaname
01-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Did we ever get a shutout with spags? just curious

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 11:01 AM
Did we ever get a shutout with spags? just curious

What spags did would equal us beating the Packers, Saints, and Pats with less talent.

IF we have those wins from here on out then people will stop with this, but don't take away from the fact that spags shut down the top 3 offensive teams in the NFL when it was all on the line. We not only out played our opponents, but they were out coached

jak12
01-11-2012, 02:47 PM
Where is the proof to back up this post? Listening to Philly sports radio, there has been no mention about Spags all day.

Itlan
01-11-2012, 02:54 PM

Who said that the Rams would have a good D? They had SO many holes to fill all over the place. Takes time, usually, to build a team. They may have been the only team to have more injuries than the Giants this year. And even if he stunk as a HC, he certainly proved himself as a DC in '07 and '08. I can't even conceive that as being an argument.

I love Spags but I guess my point is, that if he goes to the Eagles, I am not 100% certain that their D will take a quantum leap.* I'm just not shaking in my boots like many others on these boards.* He was great with the Giants and absolutely terrible with the Rams.* That is his entire resume.* Does that make him a top flight coach?* Maybe, Maybe not.

</P>

Difference is that on the Rams he was a head coach.* Not a d-coordator.* You need to compare apples to applies.* </P>That's like saying Sean Payton isn't the offensive coordinator for the Saints, or Belicheck isn't the D for the Patriots.

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Where is the proof to back up this post? Listening to Philly sports radio, there has been no mention about Spags all day.</P>

Its only "back" in the sense that hes going back to have a meeting with Reid - nothing more.</P>

Spags name is also being thrown around in Atlanta interview talk now too. </P>

gumby742
01-11-2012, 02:56 PM

</P>

Difference is that on the Rams he was a head coach. Not a d-coordator. You need to compare apples to applies. </P>

That's like saying Sean Payton isn't the offensive coordinator for the Saints, or Belicheck isn't the D for the Patriots.</P>

They aren't? No doubt they have some influence, but not as much compared to if they were the actual coordinator.</P>

MikeSherrard
01-11-2012, 05:42 PM

Man, you guys sound stupid. <font color="#ff0000" size="5">Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl.</font> He was a great DC.

</p>

No problem. Its just ignorant to think Spags sucks because he failed in STL. BTW, Strahan and "Odi" didnt win anything until Spags was there, right? And even in 2008, Stray was gone and Osi was on the IR, the D was still amazing. </p>

We'll see. Quite frankly my entire point of contention is that the Eagles Defense does not scare me with Spags. Unlike the rest of you, I still think the Giants O, can tear open the Eagles D. Even if they sign Spags.

MikeSherrard
01-11-2012, 05:43 PM

Man, you guys sound stupid. <font color="#ff0000" size="5">Spags was the main reason we won the superbowl.</font> He was a great DC.

</p>

No problem. Its just ignorant to think Spags sucks because he failed in STL. BTW, Strahan and "Odi" didnt win anything until Spags was there, right? And even in 2008, Stray was gone and Osi was on the IR, the D was still amazing. </p>

We'll see. Quite frankly my entire point of contention is that the Eagles Defense does not scare me with Spags. Unlike the rest of you, I still think the Giants O, can tear open the Eagles D. Even if they sign Spags. I'm really not shaking in my boots.