PDA

View Full Version : ESPN'S GRAZIANO "OSI THE BEST PASS RUSHER IN THE WORLD"!!

ITELLNOLIES
01-10-2012, 01:10 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35078/difference-makers-osi-umenyiora

Great article, I keep saying this over and over and these Osi haters keep running their mouths, I keep giving you stats and info (pro football focus) but still they beat me down, this defense will never be the same if Osi is gone, and they were pathetic when Osi was injured, but hey JPP had 16.5 sacks so i guess that covers all the 400 yrds passing attack teams were averaging on us when Osi was hurt. Read between the lines, open your eyes, without Osi WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!!!

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 01:12 PM
who do we let go to keep osi?

buddy33
01-10-2012, 01:16 PM

Most common answer is "just pay him", but no one can tell you how they will do it. I guess th want to let Tuck go.

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 01:22 PM

Great article, I keep saying this over and over and these Osi haters keep running their mouths, I keep giving you stats and info (pro football focus) but still they beat me down, this defense will never be the same if Osi is gone, and they were pathetic when Osi was injured, but hey JPP had 16.5 sacks so i guess that covers all the 400 yrds passing attack teams were averaging on us when Osi was hurt. Read between the lines, open your eyes, without Osi WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!!!

First of all nobody ever said Osi wasn't good. If they did, they were ignorant and just babbling. Secondly Osi isn't the only reason our D is better. Our secondary is playing better, the addition of Blackburn has shored up our LBers to a decent level and guys are simply playing better. Just because these things came together at the same time doesn't= all Osi.

Now, is Osi a monster? yeah, when he plays...

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 01:25 PM
who do we let go to keep osi? Most common answer is "just pay him", but no one can tell you how they will do it. I guess th want to let Tuck go.</P>

2nd most popular answer: that's up to reese. make it happen. there's quality management for ya !!!!</P>

</P>

I could be the best GM in the NFL with the following: I'm the new GM of the Giants, go out and win a superbowl. Ta-da. </P>

</P>

no excuses for failure now.</P>

</P>

radar-ray
01-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Most common answer is "just pay him", but no one can tell you how they will do it. I guess th want to let Tuck go.As I suggested in another post, we have several overpaid ol with avg. talent. That's only if JR can work out a deal that works for the team and Osi.

bansaw
01-10-2012, 01:33 PM
he is under contract

call his bluff if he pulls a holdout

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 01:38 PM

you never quit ...honestly I would like to keep osi bc why wouldnt you want to have another pass rusher. I just dont think Osi is going to want to be here. I see us drafting another DE, who is younger and cheaper. And osi getting traded, but I agree on this, Osi back makes us more dangerous.

radar-ray
01-10-2012, 01:38 PM
he is under contract

Agree. Would like if JR could workout a mutually agreeable deal for beyond next year.

buddy33
01-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Ok, so Reese works out a deal with some OL's to get more money and they give it to Osi. Now where do they get money to pay Tuck?

As far as letting him hold out, they could and it would hurt him because he would lose money. However, a draft pick is more useful than a player sitting out or possibly playing at not 100% because he is mad at the team.

If he can just stay happy with his contract there is no reason to see him leave.

nygsb42champs
01-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Osi is very goos but don't forget he has always had another quality DE on the line with him. Strahan, Tuck and now JPP. If he was the only quality DE on the line he would get all of the double teams and that would hurt his production.

Drez
01-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Never did Graziano say that in his article. </P>

Yes, wehave abetter pass rushwith Osi, but if Osi wants more money than we are capable of giving him then he's a goner.</P>

Your last statement is just pure ridiculousness, and outside of pointing that out it deserves no other attention.</P>

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 01:49 PM

Yes, we*have a*better pass rush*with Osi, but if Osi wants more money than we are capable of giving him then he's a goner.</P>

Your last statement is just pure ridiculousness, and outside of pointing that out it deserves no other attention.</P>

this and with all of his threads are pretty much comical.. he loves osi and will name his children after him.

CDN_G-FAN
01-10-2012, 01:50 PM
he is under contract

</P>

if i'm Osi's agent, i don't let him play next year without a new contract.</P>

there's near no upside at all if he plays his last year.if he gets hurt again, he has zero chance at a big deal.</P>

he can simply say that he wanted to show he could play after his offseason surgery and now that he's shown that he'll wait for a new deal that he was 'promised' before he'll take the field again.</P>

Drez
01-10-2012, 01:51 PM

Yes, wehave abetter pass rushwith Osi, but if Osi wants more money than we are capable of giving him then he's a goner.</P>

this and with all of his threads are pretty much comical.. he loves osi and will name his children after him.</P>

I bet he lurks by the locker room in hopes to steal a sweaty towel that Osi used so he can do unspeakable things to it.</P>

KennyPhillips21
01-10-2012, 01:51 PM
I think most here would agree here that the baas signing was a bad deal, if somehow we can cut him I think he makes like 4m per? Don't qoute me on that though

ITELLNOLIES
01-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Yes, we*have a*better pass rush*with Osi, but if Osi wants more money than we are capable of giving him then he's a goner.</P>

:) :)

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 01:57 PM

Osi **** in his own mess kit at the start of the season with his contract BS. All he has to do is play football and stop griping about his lot in life. Osi isn't the only weapon we have on the defensive line. Yes, he's a great pass rusher when healthy, which he wasn't most of this season. If he plays well through the playoffs they may decide to make him an offer.

He's already saying he doesn't expect to be back, that's on him. He has one more year left on his contract.

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
I think most here would agree here that the baas signing was a bad deal, if somehow we can cut him I think he makes like 4m per? Don't qoute me on that though

We aint cutting him so might as well get that idea out of your head. And its his first year with a new team, you cannot honestly base his production after one year...

I love when posters play GM ...what makes you think that they would cut him bc you think he sucks? He has started the majority of the season even when boothe seemed to play better, once baas got healthy, they put him back in...what does that tell you??

GameTime
01-10-2012, 01:58 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/35078/difference-makers-osi-umenyiora Great article, I keep saying this over and over and these Osi haters keep running their mouths, I keep giving you stats and info (pro football focus) but still they beat me down, this defense will never be the same if Osi is gone, and they were pathetic when Osi was injured, but hey JPP had 16.5 sacks so i guess that covers all the 400 yrds passing attack teams were averaging on us when Osi was hurt. Read between the lines, open your eyes, without Osi WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!!!</P>

so if JPP was hurt and Osi was the starting DE instead and Tuck was still hurt all the time and the LBs were not playing great and the DBs were like a merry go round he would have 16 sacks too but the pass yardage still would have been there.</P>

I like Osi but he is part of a "package" that works better when he is in it. The package works the best when they are all in it.....</P>

DelawareGiants
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
I do think that Osi is a great player but he is not the sole reason the D is better now. The D has stabilized with everyone getting healthier and addition of Blackburn in the middle helps. When Osi is available, be have "fresh legs" and that is huge- also, being able to line up JPP, OSI, Tuck, Canty (or others) is huge and how does a team start to think about blocking those guys.

I would love to be able to keep Osi and keep this unit in tact- but realistically- probably not gonna happen- Osi wants big money and still holds a grudge for what he perceives as being promised a new contract. Not enough money under the cap to keep everybody happy.

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 01:59 PM
he is under contract

</P>

if i'm Osi's agent, i don't let* him play next year without a new contract.</P>

there's near no upside at all if he plays his last year.*if he gets hurt again, he has zero chance at a big deal.</P>

he can simply say that he wanted to show he could play after his offseason surgery and now that he's shown that he'll wait for a new deal that he was 'promised' before he'll take the field again.</P>

How big of a deal is he going to get anyway? He'll turn 32 in the 2013 season.

G-Man67
01-10-2012, 02:50 PM
he is under contract

exactly, if he played without a raise in a non-contract year, you better believe he will play in his contract year and he has to know that with the Giants having other good pass rushers that he won't see many double teams and will be able to put up the numbers he needs to put up to get paid

i'm surprised some posters i respect are missing on this one as they did in the summer when everyone declared Osi gone

XxBigWhitxX
01-10-2012, 02:56 PM

Great article, I keep saying this over and over and these Osi haters keep running their mouths, I keep giving you stats and info (pro football focus) but still they beat me down, this defense will never be the same if Osi is gone, and they were pathetic when Osi was injured, but hey JPP had 16.5 sacks so i guess that covers all the 400 yrds passing attack teams were averaging on us when Osi was hurt. Read between the lines, open your eyes, without Osi WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!!!I wouldn't take Osi over Allen, Mathis, Freeny, or Williams. Pass rush is nice and all but teams still run the ball and if you don't stop the run you'll rarely get to pass rush.

ShakeNBake
01-10-2012, 03:08 PM

And you are the worst poster on these boards.....don't you ever get tired of making threads on the same topic with the same inane perspective on the Osi situation? Doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results is the definition of insanity

GiantPride27
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
he is under contract

Agree. Would like if JR could workout a mutually agreeable deal for beyond next year.

there is no mutally agreeable deal.

Osi wants top 10 DE money...

He is a top 10 pass rusher.

he is not top 10 against the run

he only played in 9 games

he still has a year under his contract but wants a big extention

trade is the only agreeable deal

the giants dont ahve the money to resign him. and if they did i dont think that they would with the cap issue and other much bigger role players needing new contracts.

not to mention osi isnt as consistent as people make him out to be

GP/Sack totals since entering the league:

2003 - 13/1
2004 - 16/7
2005 - 16/14.5
2006 - 11/6
2007 - 16/13
2009 - 16/7
2010 - 16/11.5
2011 - 9/9

personally i would like to keep him under his current contract

if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.

ITELLNOLIES
01-10-2012, 03:39 PM

Great article, I keep saying this over and over and these Osi haters keep running their mouths, I keep giving you stats and info (pro football focus) but still they beat me down, this defense will never be the same if Osi is gone, and they were pathetic when Osi was injured, but hey JPP had 16.5 sacks so i guess that covers all the 400 yrds passing attack teams were averaging on us when Osi was hurt. Read between the lines, open your eyes, without Osi WE HAVE NO PASS RUSH!!!!!I wouldn't take Osi over Allen, Mathis, Freeny, or Williams. Pass rush is nice and all but teams still run the ball and if you don't stop the run you'll rarely get to pass rush.

The More Osi haters like you talk the more assatwelve you sound (like skip and stephen A). Please get off this board now with your trash, freeney and mathis play the run???? what cubby hole do you live in? the same freeney and mathis that average 20 tackles per season including sacks. Grow up!! before you start spewing your garbage please have the nerve to back it up with something concrete FREENEY and MATHIS play the RUN????. PATHETIC. I know you hate Osi because he's a beast and makes millions more than you ever will, but c'mon.

XxBigWhitxX
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM

The More Osi haters like you talk the more assatwelve you sound (like skip and stephen A). Please get off this board now with your trash, freeney and mathis play the run???? what cubby hole do you live in? the same freeney and mathis that average 20 tackles per season including sacks. Grow up!! before you start spewing your garbage please have the nerve to back it up with something concrete FREENEY and MATHIS play the RUN????. PATHETIC. I know you hate Osi because he's a beast and makes millions more than you ever will, but c'mon.Your butt hurt for Osi right now. face it he's one dimensional I would take Abraham, Cole, and Babin as well over Osi. If this game was always played on 3rd and 10 than Osi would be top notch but it's not. He's a 3rd down guy.

ITELLNOLIES
01-10-2012, 04:01 PM

The More Osi haters like you talk the more assatwelve you sound (like skip and stephen A). Please get off this board now with your trash, freeney and mathis play the run???? what cubby hole do you live in? the same freeney and mathis that average 20 tackles per season including sacks. Grow up!! before you start spewing your garbage please have the nerve to back it up with something concrete FREENEY and MATHIS play the RUN????. PATHETIC. I know you hate Osi because he's a beast and makes millions more than you ever will, but c'mon.Your butt hurt for Osi right now. face it he's one dimensional I would take Abraham, Cole, and Babin as well over Osi. If this game was always played on 3rd and 10 than Osi would be top notch but it's not. He's a 3rd down guy.

LMAO now you're reaching, you can't defend your assanine comments about freeney and mathis! so hey let's jump to abraham and babin!! hey bud what happened to your sweethearts freeney and mathis, did you dare do research and see how idiotic your comments were, then think i would forget by feeding me babin, get a grip HATERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!. I am still waiting for your FREENEY AND MATHIS STATS ON THEIR SUPREME RUN STOPPING SKILLS. PATHETIC!!!!!!

XxBigWhitxX
01-10-2012, 04:07 PM

LMAO now you're reaching, you can't defend your assanine comments about freeney and mathis! so hey let's jump to abraham and babin!! hey bud what happened to your sweethearts freeney and mathis, did you dare do research and see how idiotic your comments were, then think i would forget by feeding me babin, get a grip HATERRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!. I am still waiting for your FREENEY AND MATHIS STATS ON THEIR SUPREME RUN STOPPING SKILLS. PATHETIC!!!!!!You also chose to ignore the mention of Williams and Allen, discount the fact that the Colts Interior is the softest in the NFL and mostly get gashed through the middle. Freeny and Mathis control the edges. Osi has had the benefit of playing on Great overall lines and is the most picked on player i the run game. Even you must notice whenever Osi is in the game they attack him relentlessly.

radar-ray
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM
he is under contract

the giants dont ahve the money to resign him. and if they did i dont think that they would with the cap issue and other much bigger role players needing new contracts.

2003 - 13/1
2004 - 16/7
2005 - 16/14.5
2006 - 11/6
2007 - 16/13
2009 - 16/7
2010 - 16/11.5
2011 - 9/9

if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.So you and the other know it all's are JR mind readers! What a joke.

Itlan
01-10-2012, 04:33 PM
who do we let go to keep osi?Canty's contract needs to be restructured. Period. Diehl will most likely be cut, or restructured. And we overpaid for Baas imo. That could be the backbreaker that prevents us from keeping some of our talent.

BlueSanta
01-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Whats with the 12 yr old "your a haterr!!" crap.

Osi is an amazing passrusher. He always has been. His run defense is soft and always has been. Thats not hating that just stating facts.

I have said multiple times that Osi is unlikely to be traded because he has little value. He has little value because he is aging and is on the last year of his deal. Any team trading for him would have to negotiate the new contract prior to the trade. Osi has high demands, again, not hating just stating facts.

I think Osi comes back next year because he IS under contract and has low trade value. I think he plays more situationally, which is where I like him to be. His contract next year isnt that big either, not when you consider his production.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 05:18 PM
Boy, it's amazing isn't it now, everyone is on the jints bandwagon. Couple of months ago Graziano thought the Giants were the worst team in the NFC east. I remember one week he thanked them for losing to the seahawks, and making his prediciton that friday that they would lose come true, yes he actually said, "thank you new york giants for losing." Now, we are the greatest thing since sliced bread.

But, I'll give Graziano something positive:
he admited that he is a "pineapple".

Skip Bayless said weeks ago that the Giants were "a joke", now he thinks the Packers might be in trouble.
Amazing!

Gianthunter
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
Lawsuit.

FBomb
01-10-2012, 06:03 PM
he is under contract

Agree. Would like if JR could workout a mutually agreeable deal for beyond next year. there is no mutally agreeable deal. Osi wants top 10 DE money... He is a top 10 pass rusher. he is not top 10 against the run he only played in 9 games he still has a year under his contract but wants a big extention trade is the only agreeable deal the giants dont ahve the money to resign him. and if they did i dont think that they would with the cap issue and other much bigger role players needing new contracts. not to mention osi isnt as consistent as people make him out to be GP/Sack totals since entering the league: 2003 - 13/1 2004 - 16/7 2005 - 16/14.5 2006 - 11/6 2007 - 16/13 2008 2009 - 16/7 2010 - 16/11.5 2011 - 9/9 personally i would like to keep him under his current contract if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.So you and the other know it all's are JR mind readers! What a joke.</P>

Dude......please stop posting and go read up on this subject. It's obvious that you don't really know anything about it. These are all facts of the situation......Your man-crush is funny though....it causes you to have hissy fits and they make me laugh.</P>

radar-ray
01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
he is under contract

Agree. Would like if JR could workout a mutually agreeable deal for beyond next year. there is no mutally agreeable deal. Osi wants top 10 DE money... He is a top 10 pass rusher. he is not top 10 against the run he only played in 9 games he still has a year under his contract but wants a big extention trade is the only agreeable deal the giants dont ahve the money to resign him. and if they did i dont think that they would with the cap issue and other much bigger role players needing new contracts. not to mention osi isnt as consistent as people make him out to be GP/Sack totals since entering the league: 2003 - 13/1 2004 - 16/7 2005 - 16/14.5 2006 - 11/6 2007 - 16/13 2008 2009 - 16/7 2010 - 16/11.5 2011 - 9/9 personally i would like to keep him under his current contract if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.So you and the other know it all's are JR mind readers! What a joke.</P>

Dude......please stop posting and go read up on this subject.* It's obvious that you don't really know anything about it.* These are all facts of the situation......Your man-crush is funny though....it causes you to have hissy fits and they make me laugh.</P> Your hate crush isn't funny. You stop posting Fhead.

Gimaniac
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Osi is worth what we are paying him, no more no less. I would keep him next year even if he starts to babble again. His babbling wasn't really a distraction, and he needs to play well next year to prove he is worth the big bucks when he actually is a free agent.

Mr Excitement
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
He's a great pass rusher but not a great DE....I'll take JJP and Tuck over him any day. When was the last time you saw Osi with double digit tackles in a game?....Probably never.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 08:25 PM
<font color="#0000FF">He's a great pass rusher but not a great DE</font>....I'll take JJP and Tuck over him any day. When was the last time you saw Osi with double digit tackles in a game?....Probably never.

This^

lawl
01-10-2012, 08:26 PM
SAT Prep:</P>

</P>

ITELLNOLIES is to Osi as NoHuddle10 is to Eli.</P>

</P>

</P>

FBomb
01-10-2012, 08:40 PM
he is under contract

Dude......please stop posting and go read up on this subject. It's obvious that you don't really know anything about it. These are all facts of the situation......Your man-crush is funny though....it causes you to have hissy fits and they make me laugh.</P>

Your hate crush isn't funny. You stop posting Fhead.</P>

Wow....clever[:|]</P>

Yourpostsare the literary version of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU".........it hurts, I know.No onelikes it when a former hero goes away.......But the plain and simple truth is we cannot afford him for what he wants. He's playing great and will get us a decent trade and he will get paid somewhere else. It happens all the time in the NFL, and no matter how many tantrums you throw it isn't about to change now. Money talks and we have other fish to fry.....</P>

Besides....our GM LOVES pass rushers.</P>

</P>

radar-ray
01-10-2012, 09:28 PM
he is under contract

Dude......please stop posting and go read up on this subject.* It's obvious that you don't really know anything about it.* These are all facts of the situation......Your man-crush is funny though....it causes you to have hissy fits and they make me laugh.</P>

Your*posts*are the literary version of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU".........it hurts, I know.*No one*likes it when a former hero goes away.......*But the plain and simple truth is we cannot afford him for what he wants.* He's playing great and will get us a decent trade and he will get paid somewhere else.* It happens all the time in the NFL, and no matter how many tantrums you throw it isn't about to change now.* Money talks and we have other fish to fry.....</P>

*</P>Please be sure to keep us up to date on what JR's inner thoughts are concerning Osi and other pertinent matters, as you seem to have a definitive inside track to this info that no one else has. Goodnight, over and out..

FBomb
01-10-2012, 09:36 PM
he is under contract

Yourpostsare the literary version of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU".........it hurts, I know.No onelikes it when a former hero goes away.......But the plain and simple truth is we cannot afford him for what he wants. He's playing great and will get us a decent trade and he will get paid somewhere else. It happens all the time in the NFL, and no matter how many tantrums you throw it isn't about to change now. Money talks and we have other fish to fry.....</P>

</P>

Please be sure to keep us up to date on what JR's inner thoughts are concerning Osi and other pertinent matters, as you seem to have a definitive inside track to this info that no one else has. Goodnight, over and out..</P>

That's it....choose to be ignorant instead of just finding one of the thousands of articles from thousands of news sources stating these exact same things....oh...wait....that's right...it's a liberal media conspiracy.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn1.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrcUehxxQiiMSPrBPOdaqPG9QN1hNeY Pd4FnO_YEs4UYHzz9uhaQ</P>

fourth&forever
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
Will "ITELLLIES" ever take Osi's jock off his head?

Firenugget
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
he is under contract

Agree. Would like if JR could workout a mutually agreeable deal for beyond next year. there is no mutally agreeable deal. Osi wants top 10 DE money... He is a top 10 pass rusher. he is not top 10 against the run he only played in 9 games he still has a year under his contract but wants a big extention trade is the only agreeable deal the giants dont ahve the money to resign him. and if they did i dont think that they would with the cap issue and other much bigger role players needing new contracts. not to mention osi isnt as consistent as people make him out to be GP/Sack totals since entering the league: 2003 - 13/1 2004 - 16/7 2005 - 16/14.5 2006 - 11/6 2007 - 16/13 2008 2009 - 16/7 2010 - 16/11.5 2011 - 9/9 personally i would like to keep him under his current contract if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.So you and the other know it all's are JR mind readers! What a joke.</p>

Dude......please stop posting and go read up on this subject. It's obvious that you don't really know anything about it. These are all facts of the situation......Your man-crush is funny though....it causes you to have hissy fits and they make me laugh.</p>

Your hate crush isn't funny. You stop posting Fhead.</p>

Wow....clever[:|]</p>

Yourpostsare the literary version of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "LA LA LA...I CAN'T HEAR YOU".........it hurts, I know.No onelikes it when a former hero goes away.......But the plain and simple truth is we cannot afford him for what he wants. He's playing great and will get us a decent trade and he will get paid somewhere else. It happens all the time in the NFL, and no matter how many tantrums you throw it isn't about to change now. Money talks and we have other fish to fry.....</p>

Besides....our GM LOVES pass rushers.</p>

</p>Please be sure to keep us up to date on what JR's inner thoughts are concerning Osi and other pertinent matters, as you seem to have a definitive inside track to this info that no one else has. Goodnight, over and out..

It has nothing to do with mind reading. It's understanding 2 very simple facts...
1. Osi wants a huge payday.
2. We can't give him a huge payday.

Any questions?

FBomb
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM
he is under contract

</P>

Please be sure to keep us up to date on what JR's inner thoughts are concerning Osi and other pertinent matters, as you seem to have a definitive inside track to this info that no one else has. Goodnight, over and out..

It has nothing to do with mind reading. It's understanding 2 very simple facts...
1. Osi wants a huge payday.
2. We can't give him a huge payday.

Any questions?
</P>

Simple, elegant, to the point....and completely moot. If he hasn't gotten it yet he isn't going to.</P>

Coach Carter
01-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I wonder how all you anti-Osi guys would react if Eli held out and wanted more money?

jhamburg
01-10-2012, 11:14 PM
I wonder how all you anti-Osi guys would react if Eli held out and wanted more money?

No one would support that...

GiantPride27
01-11-2012, 08:08 AM
he is under contract

2003 - 13/1
2004 - 16/7
2005 - 16/14.5
2006 - 11/6
2007 - 16/13
2009 - 16/7
2010 - 16/11.5
2011 - 9/9

if he starts whinning again about being underpaid then trade him for whatever you can get for him and see how much he likes being over paid on the bills or cheifs than being paid very well to play for a top organization like the giants.So you and the other know it all's are JR mind readers! What a joke.

I said "i dont think" and "personally i would like" those are opinion statements. not pretending i know whats ganna happen just giving my thoughts.

read again i agree with you that i would like to keep him but i dont think we can

useful or interesting posts please

buddy33
01-11-2012, 08:15 AM
Still waiting to hear how they are going to "just pay the man".

As far as comparing Osi to Eli, that is funny. A franchise QB and a part time specialist are not same.

I do not hate Osi. I would like him to stay. The only way he stays though is if he just accepts his contract for the last year.

FBomb
01-11-2012, 08:32 AM
I wonder how all you anti-Osi guys would react if Eli held out and wanted more money?Depends.....in your bizzaro world comparison did Eli sign a front loaded contract and get all his money up front on a contract that made him the highest paid player at his position after only his second year? Did Eli call out the organization in the media and tell everyone he wants to be traded. Did Eli tell everyone he's healthy and then have to have surgery?

CDN_G-FAN
01-11-2012, 08:32 AM
I wonder how all you anti-Osi guys would react if Eli held out and wanted more money?</P>

no one would like it.</P>

but we don't have 2 backup QBs better than Eli in the first place.</P>

Osi's entitled to want to get paid, no doubt. If he was a crazy pass rushing LBer, he probably could get paid, at least in the same ballpark of what he's looking for.</P>

but he plays a position where we have two 3 down starters and another guy we converted into a LBer who could play on the line tomorrow.</P>

the 5th guy on our depth chart has 5 sacks this season !!</P>

Osi's in the wrong place at the wrong time if he's looking for a Giants payday.</P>

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 09:27 AM

i don't think Osi haters have ever said he was bad against the pass rush

pro football focus - where fans think they know something because they pay a fee to read somebodys stats

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 09:28 AM
I wonder how all you anti-Osi guys would react if Eli held out and wanted more money?</p>

no one would like it.</p>

but we don't have 2 backup QBs better than Eli in the first place.</p>

Osi's entitled to want to get paid, no doubt. If he was a crazy pass rushing LBer, he probably could get paid, at least in the same ballpark of what he's looking for.</p>

but he plays a position where we have two 3 down starters and another guy we converted into a LBer who could play on the line tomorrow.</p>

the 5th guy on our depth chart has 5 sacks this season !!</p>

Osi's in the wrong place at the wrong time if he's looking for a Giants payday.</p>

the difference is that we wouldn't of had to worry about that because we paid him a big contract when he got his new one.

Osi got the same thing except hes basically missed 2 full seasons since hes signed this contract, which he demanded early before. Lets not compare apples to oranges here

RoanokeFan
01-11-2012, 09:31 AM

It's NOT that Osi wanted more money, it's how he went about it, publicly, which Eli would never do. BUT, if Eli held out for more money, I'd fell the same as I do about Osi, even more so because of the salary he's already getting.

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Why is expecting Osi to play for his huge contract (signed at the time) - make you an Osi-hater? </P>

Maybe one day someone will sign a sliding scale contract that keeps you as one of the highest paid players... but i doubt it and its essentially what some players like Osi want since they feel like they are underpaid because someone signs for more money years later. </P>

The biggest problem is how Osi went about things... had he waited until the end of this year... even with one year still left on his deal to ask for an extension/new deal whatever, I would think you would have the majority of fans behind him....the Giants still wouldnt be able to afford it... and he would not be a Giant in the next deal he gets. </P>

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 09:47 AM
Why is expecting Osi to play for his huge contract (signed at the time) - make you an Osi-hater? </p>

Maybe one day someone will sign a sliding scale contract that keeps you as one of the highest paid players... but i doubt it and its essentially what some players like Osi want since they feel like they are underpaid because someone signs for more money years later. </p>

The biggest problem is how Osi went about things... had he waited until the end of this year... even with one year still left on his deal to ask for an extension/new deal whatever, I would think you would have the majority of fans behind him....the Giants still wouldnt be able to afford it... and he would not be a Giant in the next deal he gets. </p>

or suggesting that hes one dimensional

althought I will say sinces he been back he is playing much more physical and seems to be willing to man up vs the run... something I haven't seen in a while from him

T-Murda84
01-11-2012, 12:44 PM
Jerry Reese needs to restructure Canty's deal or even cut Canty, since most of yall think Marvin Austin is going to be elite next year lol, why not.

BeatYale
01-11-2012, 04:21 PM
I've called the guy a cancer, which isn't far fetched considering his comments to the media about his contract etc.

Sure he can pass rush, we all know that. How often do people praise his run support though? Rarely, never? He's a liability as an every-down-DE compared to guys like Tuck and JPP. Tuck and JPP, like Strahan, are the kind of guys that will produce sacks and finish among the top when it comes to tackles by defensive linemen.

Osi wants to be paid like a guy who can play on every snap though. That's the dilemma Reese faces.

gmen0820
01-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Well ESPN said it so it must be true.

FBomb
01-11-2012, 10:36 PM

I don't know but if it did happen do you think the people who wanted him gone would be accused of being racist? You know, the same thing you are accusing people of being who want Osi gone?
</P>

WHAT??? That's ****ing asinine!</P>

RoanokeFan
01-12-2012, 12:29 PM
Why is expecting Osi to play for his huge contract (signed at the time) - make you an Osi-hater? </p>

Maybe one day someone will sign a sliding scale contract that keeps you as one of the highest paid players... but i doubt it and its essentially what some players like Osi want since they feel like they are underpaid because someone signs for more money years later. </p>

The biggest problem is how Osi went about things... had he waited until the end of this year... even with one year still left on his deal to ask for an extension/new deal whatever, I would think you would have the majority of fans behind him....the Giants still wouldnt be able to afford it... and he would not be a Giant in the next deal he gets. </p>

or suggesting that hes one dimensional

althought I will say sinces he been back he is playing much more physical and seems to be willing to man up vs the run... something I haven't seen in a while from him

He's auditioning and I hope he has a monster game this Sunday.

ShakeNBake
01-12-2012, 05:41 PM

I don't know but if it did happen do you think the people who wanted him gone would be accused of being racist? You know, the same thing you are accusing people of being who want Osi gone?
</p>

WHAT??? That's ****ing asinine!</p>

If you saw what he posted in the other thread you'd know what I was talking about

FBomb
01-12-2012, 05:47 PM

</P>

WHAT??? That's ****ing asinine!</P>

If you saw what he posted in the other thread you'd know what I was talking about
</P>

CC has always been a little "off", but that's a little TOO "off" if you ask me.</P>

ShakeNBake
01-12-2012, 06:23 PM

</p>

WHAT??? That's ****ing asinine!</p>

</p>

CC has always been a little "off", but that's a little TOO "off" if you ask me.</p>

http://boards.giants.com/forums/2/2417611/ShowThread.aspx go see for yourself