PDA

View Full Version : playing hard for coordinator scares me a bit

Pa1jintfan
01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there. best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days...... can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side. could get ugly....... GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ELIistheFRANCHISE
01-10-2012, 03:11 PM
i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there.* best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days......* can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side.** could get ugly.......**** GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or a shotgun draw

Pa1jintfan
01-10-2012, 03:14 PM
yea, i could do without the gun draw. name your favorite trick plays.... love the hook and lateral. (ladder)

burier
01-10-2012, 03:15 PM
Guys.

Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge.

Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies.

Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so...

I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge.

He's too busy writing Bronco games

burier
01-10-2012, 03:21 PM

He's too busy writing Bronco games

nice

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 03:37 PM
To me - I jump to the other conclusion that there is no way (and justifiably so) the coordiantor can have his head in the game and therfore an overall disadvantage to the team.

lnp12
01-10-2012, 03:44 PM
Guys.

Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies.

I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?

Yeah maybe they didn't know the kid but they knew their OC, and to see him in mourning is gonna make them fired up. It's their relationship with their OC, not the relationship with the kid.

If someone related to KG, Fewell, or Coughlin died a week before a huge playoff game, I can guarantee our guys would be playing tougher than ever for them.

lttaylor56
01-10-2012, 03:46 PM
i relate it a little bit to a few years ago when the mr. mara passed on, the giants played in his honor, and they could have smoked any team that day. we need to be ready for a team that is backed into a corner. willing to lay it all out there.* best thing the giants can do is try and match there passion and will. maybe even change the gameplan a little bit. hoping they over pursue, trying to hard. and is there a better weak for a flea flicker. that used to be a staple play for the giants. phil simms to stephen baker..... o the good days......* can you imagine if we had LT to go with our front 4. put him on JPPs side.** could get ugly.......**** GO GIANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or a shotgun drawExactly....we get our next LT, Willis, or Lewis this year in the draft when we throw in Umenyiora as bait with 2 other pics to get our 1st round linebacker. There will be no stopping our D.

Ruttiger711
01-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Guys. Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge. Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies. Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so... I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?

Yeah maybe they didn't know the kid but they knew their OC, and to see him in mourning is gonna make them fired up. It's their relationship with their OC, not the relationship with the kid.

If someone related to KG, Fewell, or Coughlin died a week before a huge playoff game, I can guarantee our guys would be playing tougher than ever for them.
</P>

</P>

I dont disagree with your last statement, but at the same time how could KG, Fewell or Coughlin be in any mental state to perform <FONT size=4>their</FONT> job 100%? </P>

burier
01-10-2012, 03:53 PM
Guys.

if this was a regular season game I might buy it but I honestly think that in the playoffs you're trying to win a SB so your very best effort is what you give.

I don't really think there's a place to go beyond the desire to reach the pinnacle of your profession and so I believe the Giants will win.

You can't convince me that Green bay is going to want it more than us.

Providence
01-10-2012, 03:58 PM
There is an illusion that when a tragedy impacts a team that team goes on to play "inspired ball" and win. This is not accurate. Instead what happens is in those instances when teams/players to experience a tragedy and then go on to win, the highlights and story are shown and told for years and years to come.

But make no mistake, when tragedy hits a team/player and that team/player goes out and lays and egg the highlights are shown the next day, but they are never shown or heard of again.

So we, as sports fans, only ever really see and hear about teams overcoming tragedy to go on to a big victory. This gives us the idea that every time there is a tragedy the team/player effected comes out doing great things and wins big.

It's simply not true.

eastbayblue
01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
Also I look at this differently, this is tragic but it's also bad karma for them and their bad karma will continue and manifest itself in other ways.

burier
01-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Also I look at this differently, this is tragic but it's also bad karma for them and their bad karma will continue and manifest itself in other ways.

bad Karma?

Karma is simply cause and effect. It has no positive or negative conotation.

eastbayblue
01-10-2012, 04:24 PM

bad Karma?

Karma is simply cause and effect. It has no positive or negative conotation.

That's fine, just saying things will get worse for them come Sunday.

lnp12
01-12-2012, 05:31 PM
Guys. Walt Disney didn't write the outcome of the game so the moral favorite doesn't get an edge. Also Mara died during the regular season. We're in the playoffs now. The intesity is already at full volume. There's really no where else to go regardless of who dies. Also I'm sure most of the players hardly even knew that kid so... I don't mean to come off cold but...I mean alot of people die all the time. Why the hell are all these condolences flying around in this case?

</p>

</p>

I dont disagree with your last statement, but at the same time how could KG, Fewell or Coughlin be in any mental state to perform <font size="4">their</font> job 100%? </p>

Very good point, I agree with you on that. I do think that it's going to be hard for the Packers OC to really perform to the level he needs to. However, he's fortunate to have Aaron Rodgers who has enough leadership to help him out.