PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 10:27 AM
Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

But....

1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.

I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted. You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..

Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 10:32 AM
Huh? Still way to early to say. TC has always been very slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on offense.

But....

1 can hardly say Martin outclassed Wilson today since Wilson gained more yards in 2 kickoff returns than Martin did in all his 20 touches. Wilson gave us excellent field position.

I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted. I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? Pretty close another words.. ANd u were spot on with Morris.. Good call! Its one of the reasons i didn't want Wilson, because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some.. Martin and Richardson were the only 2 that combined not only the size/speed/ pass catching ability, but also ability to give u 20plus carries every week and be a lead back from start of there career...

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 10:32 AM

But....

I will say that thus far, Alfred Morris has been the best rookie RB in the NFL, a guy I had on my list of the 2 most underrated prospects coming out last year. I seem to remember posters arguing with me saying he we was likely going to be undrafted. I still dont think Morris is all that special.Not explosive.He is 1 of those backs that take what the line givers and not much else.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 12:20 PM
I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? .

Huh No i never said you said it, I do remember someone responding it. Sorry if I was not clear there. I can dig up the post but im not that motivated.

But Morris has been the best rookie Back in the NFL so far. This is indisputable. You say he isnt explosive, but he is certainly a workhorse and a good power back. .

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 12:28 PM
You kidding? Martin might of had only a 3.3 YPC but he had a great TD run and Wilson simply coulden't do squat besides drop a Wideopen pass and avg 2 YPC on 3carries.. If u don't think Doug Martin outplayed Wilson, then ur just being stubborn.. Again, no kidding its still early but WIlson had first crack at the job after Bradshaw went down and coulden't do it.. I dont want to here about him being a rookie becuase Daryl Richardson all ready stole a ton of Stepen Jacksons carries,a nd Alfred Morris is starting in Washington, and Trent Richardson got his first 100yrd game and Martin blew away Blount in Tampa for the starting job...etc

Wilson has looked dreadful in the first 2weeks, its not like hes jut looked mediocre or something.. Hes made a Huge error in both weeks that stick out.. The huge fumble and the ridiculous drop... It has nothing to do with Coughlin, he'd be using the kid alot more often, but he keeps souring Coughlin with these dreadful plays that stick out..

Again, i said its really early still.. I realize that... I would love to see Wilson proove me wrong, but as of now the only 2 1st rd RB's i seen were Richardson and Martin.. Could u imagine Cordy Glenn on this team right now? With Bradshaw, Brown, and Scott as our trio?

PROOVE ME WRONG WILSON!

The day of the draft, as our pick approached I said on these boards repeatedly that I thought we would pick Glenn if he was available. But, I was not upset with the Wilson pick either. In fact, I said prior to the draft that If there was 1 realistic pick we would not pass up on, it would be Glenn. But, I was wrong. clearly the front office had a problem with him. I guess we will never know what that was.

As to yesterday's game, you can argue Martin v. Wilson all you want, but the fact is Wilson contributed more yards to his team than Martin and he did it in far fewer touches. He just did, end of story. Special teams yards count just as much. He had 2 VERY good kickoff returns and is in fact among the league leaders in kickoff returns right now. I am not saying he had a better game but I do think his contributions make it very hard for you to say Martin "outclassed" Wilson, your original statement.

As I said above, TC is always very hesitant to install rookie offensive players. Again, this is fact it is well documented.

You defended JJ last year when his contributions were less than meager on offense, but it seems you dont have the same patience with regards to Wilson? The only difference is that you proclaimed the JJ pick a good 1 and the Wilson pick a bad 1. I see a bit of hyprocisy here. I see a guy rooting for the picks he liked and sour grapes about the ones he did not.

I will say it again, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected Wilson to contribute more immediately than Martin. Martin absolutely is more NFL ready. But that is largely due to the fact that he is older, much older by NFL standards. Martin turns 24 in January. Wilson, on the other hand, just turned 21 in June. You can say that does not matter, but it does. Wilson will be just 24 years old when his rookie contract is up. Martin will be 27(28 if option year). The Giants draft for the future, not just tomorrow.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 12:50 PM
The day of the draft, as out pick approached I said on these boards repeatedly that I thought we would pick Glenn if he was available. But, I was not upset with the Wilson pick either.

As to yesterday's game, you can argue Martin v. Wilson all you want, but the fact is Wilson contributed more yards to his team than Martin. He just did, end of story. He had 2 VERY good kickoff returns and is in fact among the league leaders in kickoff returns right now. I am not saying he had a better game but I do think his contributions make it very hard for you to say Martin "outclassed" Wilson, your original statement.

As I said above, TC is always very hesitant to install rookie offensive players. Again, this is fact it is well documented.

You defended JJ last year when his contributions were less than meager on offense, but it seems you dont have the same patience with regards to Wilson? The only difference is that you proclaimed the JJ pick a good 1 and the Wilson pick a bad 1. I see a bit of hyprocisy here. I see a guy rooting for the picks he liked and sour grapes about the ones he did not.

I will say it again, nobody, and I mean NOBODY, expected Wilson to contribute more immediately than Martin. Martin absolutely is more NFL ready. But that is largely due to the fact that he is older, much older by NFL standards. Martin turns 24 in January. Wilson, on the other hand, just turned 21 in June. You can say that does not matter, but it does. Wilson will be just 24 years old when his rookie contract is up. Martin will be 27. The Giants draft for the future, not just tomorrow. dude, u do realize u can rack up Kick Return yards alot easier then Rushing yards right? I mean, the guy ranked 28th in the league in AVG PER KR is avg'ing over 18yrds per KO return..lol

I'm glad he did well in returning Kicks yesterday, but i'd much rather see him doing well as a RB.. Usually RB's who are focal points aren't Returning Kicks, because there to valuable to the offense..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't care how old WIlson is, that fumble was horrendus and that drop pass should of been caught by a High School freshman, let alone a pro rb.. Also, Avg'ing 2ypc on 5carries is pretty crusty as well.. U expect more from a 1st rd pick in the situation that wilson is in, no matter what..

Again, its extremely early, but he needs to step uo like 1st rd picks are supposed to do, with the Oppurtunity in front of him.. He can't be letting 4th rd RB's steal the starting job from him..

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 01:45 PM
Guys like Andre brown and Alfred Morris are why you don't waste first round picks on running backs.It depends there are also 20 other guys that do nothing.It depends a lot on the Oline u have . When the Giants had a good Oline mediocre backs like Derrick Ward looked good

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 01:48 PM
I don't remember saying Morris was gonna go Undrafted and even if i did, so what? The guy went in like RD 7 or 6 didn't he? Pretty close another words.. ANd u were spot on with Morris.. Good call! Its one of the reasons i didn't want Wilson, because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some.. Martin and Richardson were the only 2 that combined not only the size/speed/ pass catching ability, but also ability to give u 20plus carries every week and be a lead back from start of there career...Ive seen Shannhan plug in guys off the street and rush for 1000 yards in that zone blocking scheme he has

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:27 PM
Ive seen Shannhan plug in guys off the street and rush for 1000 yards in that zone blocking scheme he has It certainly woulden't be the first time he got a late rder/UDF RB and made em a stud.. Terrell Davis and Mike Anderson come to mind... Shannahans problem is he dosen't give his guys a chance lately.. He flip flops 2much never giving a RB a feel for the starting job.. If i was him, i'd plug Alfred Morris into that starting RB positon the entire season unless he just plays terribly which i don't think he will..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:29 PM
Huh No i never said you said it, I do remember someone responding it. Sorry if I was not clear there. I can dig up the post but im not that motivated.

But Morris has been the best rookie Back in the NFL so far. This is indisputable. You say he isnt explosive, but he is certainly a workhorse and a good power back. . I never said Alfred Morris isn't exlplosive.. I dont' even know enough about em to make such a comment.. He was ur guy from the get go, and i cant' take much credit right or wrong about him.. Just didn't comment a ton about em.. I certainly looked into em a few times, but never got into deep convo's about em..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:34 PM
I never said Alfred Morris isn't exlplosive.. I dont' even know enough about em to make such a comment.. He was ur guy from the get go, and i cant' take much credit right or wrong about him.. Just didn't comment a ton about em.. I certainly looked into em a few times, but never got into deep convo's about em.. As far as him being the best Rookie RB so far, its a bit easier when u got RG3 as ur starting QB, and u play in a much more explosive offense, becuase of it.. Josh Freeman dont give u that threat of Run, so its one less thing u gotta game plan four.. I also think Washingtons Oline scheme has something to do with his success... I mean, last yr he plugged in Helu, and Helu had some monster games as well.. Shoot Evan Royster had some big games as well.. Its similar to Houston with Arian Foster.. Those zone block schemes make it much easier on the RB"s, and u can find guys lke arian foster, roy helu, evan royster, alfred morris, in very late rds or as UDF's and make em into studs...

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Also, Alfred Morris and Doug Martin are almost side by side with what they accomplished to this point.. Yesterday, Morris was just lucky enough to get a few more carries, because they AVG'd the exact same YPC... In week one, he AVG'd more per carry but Doug Martin had more Yards rushing and also had 4catches compared to Morris's zero.. They even have the same number of First Down runs as well, with 7 each.. So i woulden't say its as clear cut as u think.. Morris hasen't caught a ball in 2games yet..

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 02:44 PM
dude, u do realize u can rack up Kick Return yards alot easier then Rushing yards right? I mean, the guy ranked 28th in the league in AVG PER KR is avg'ing over 18yrds per KO return..lol

Nonsense. You are reaching now. Brandon Banks led the NFL in kickoff returns last year and he didnt sniff the yardage of the NFL's top backs.All purpose yards are just as impotrant. A yard is a yard whether it is on special teams or offense especially, when you consider how deep he returned those kicks from his own endzone. And wilson outgained martin in terms of yards. Wilsons kick returns were not just garbage yardage they set up good field position for the offense. Again, I am not saying he had a better game, just arguing your statement that Wilson was "outclassed" by Martin. That is an untrue statement.

Furthermore, as I pointed out b4, I LOVE how you defend the picks you liked but who didn't contribute huge early, guys like Jernigan last year. But when it is a pick you didn't like, such as Wilson, you scream it from the mountain top how he hasn't done anything. Tell me, how good did JPP look after his 1st 2 games? He was about the same age as Wilson is now and contributed nothing then too. Geez, what a huge disappointment he has been right?

Finally, lets truly compare these 2 in actual terms of the picks they were taken and the value spent. Because if you are going to actualy compare the 2 picks you have to compare how much we spent for them.

We used the 32nd overal pick for Wilson, that is it.

Martin was traded up for, and they gave up a 4th round selection to do it. Look at some of those guys available in the 4th: Lamar Miller, Joe Adams, Bobby Massie(didnt you want him in the 2nd round?), Orson Charles, Ben Jones ...etc.and of course, the guy who the Broncos actually selected with that traded pick was Omar Bolden. (If my memory serves, you were very high on Bolden.) I know for a fact living in south Florida the fins are raving about Lamar Miller, who is averaging 6.5 yards per carry so far this year( you were not high on Miller at all.)

I have contended all along that I think these 2 backs(Wilson v Martin) are far too close in value, and giving up a 4th round selection for 1 over the other is CRAZY. I would not have had a problem if either had been our selection. If anything I think our game vs Tampa confirmed my stance that they are somewhat equal value picks as the correct 1. Wilson has been a special teams stud and Martin has been a decent, but not exceptional starting NFL back. I would suggest that they are about where people thought they would be at this point. Everyone expected Martin to be faster out of the gate in terms of playtime.

But, if you want to compare the 2 you have to compare not just Martin vs Wilson, but Martin vs Wilson AND all the potential others guys you could have selected with that 4th rounder. To me, we came out WAY on top. There are some good players drafted in the 4th and beyond.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Also, Alfred Morris and Doug Martin are almost side by side with what they accomplished to this point.. .

Morris has been a bigger impact thus far. I am not saying he is the better player. I am just saying , this is a kid I said was the most underrated player coming out last year. Considering his impact and the fact that he was a 6th rounder, I think that is a fairly good call on my part.

and to be fair, he is averaging a half a yard more per carry, that is quite a big difference.

He has also been a monster on short yardage.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 03:11 PM
because there was so much great depth at RB u could find later on and i personally have a diffrent view on what type of RB's are 1st rd worthy then some..

I have no prob with this. As I said, I completley understood why many had Martin above Wilson and others. He deserved it. But I also understood how someone could have Wilson above martin too.

Keep in mind, reports were that Reese in 2010 loved CJ Spiller. This is another reason I believed could have liked Wilson more than Martin. CJ spiller was a very similar prospect coming out of college as Wilson( cept Wilson much younger) Many would argue Spiller dissapointed his 1st couple years, but he is tearing up the league this year.

I think Wilson takes a similar route. He will be a special teams player and a fill in guy early and eventually take over the role as our lead back. I still think TC will always be a 2 back guy though.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:29 PM
I have no prob with this. As I said, I completley understood why many had Martin above Wilson and others. He deserved it. But I also understood how someone could have Wilson above martin too.

Keep in mind, reports were that Reese in 2010 loved CJ Spiller. This is another reason I believed could have liked Wilson more than Martin. CJ spiller was a very similar prospect coming out of college as Wilson( cept Wilson much younger) Many would argue Spiller dissapointed his 1st couple years, but he is tearing up the league this year.

I think Wilson takes a similar route. He will be a special teams player and a fill in guy early and eventually take over the role as our lead back. I still think TC will always be a 2 back guy though. Ya, i'm not fully sold on cj spiller even now.. Hes still only getting about 14-15 carries a game with fred jackson out, and eventually there gonna up em in carries, and then i have a feeling ur gonna see em get injured.. Its about time hes doing something sthough..lol

The diffrence between Spiller and Wilson though is that Spiller has Fred Jackson ahead of him, and Wilson has no one? Andre Brown? I mean, i understand Wilson not being a huge part of our offense if Bradshaws healthy and what not, but with bradshaw injured, the 1st rder needs to step up, end of story.. Also, his age has nothing to do with Coughlin not playing em.. Coughlin did play em early on, and the kid gaffed it away in week 1 and gaffed it away in Week 2.. Its not like coughlin didn't put em out there.. If Wilson would of done anything other then fumble and drop that easy pass, then he'd of gotten more chances, but coughlin has a short leash, and they got the fact hes only a rookie to fall back on if they want, as far as not playing em much after those mistakes.. Its on Wilson, to why hes not getting carries..

Yesterday, Lamar Miller whos the same age as David Wilson didnt fumble right away and didn't drop a pass and took his opp by the horns and ran really well gaining 65yrd on 10carrys.. Now he's gonna get a share of the load next week, and if he takes his opp adn does well, it'll just keep evolving..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Morris has been a bigger impact thus far. I am not saying he is the better player. I am just saying , this is a kid I said was the most underrated player coming out last year. Considering his impact and the fact that he was a 6th rounder, I think that is a fairly good call on my part.

and to be fair, he is averaging a half a yard more per carry, that is quite a big difference.

He has also been a monster on short yardage. He might have a very slight edge, but thats about it.. Like i said, Martin has those 4catches last week to Morris's zero, which kinda negates the half yrd per carry, in my opinion.. He avg'd another 5.8yrd per catch on those 4catches, and adds more to his total yardage as well.. This past week, they Avg'd the exact same thing, both with no catches, the only diffrence is Morris had 1more TD.. If he does have a edge, its ever so small so far..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:41 PM
Nonsense. You are reaching now. Brandon Banks led the NFL in kickoff returns last year and he didnt sniff the yardage of the NFL's top backs.All purpose yards are just as impotrant. A yard is a yard whether it is on special teams or offense especially, when you consider how deep he returned those kicks from his own endzone. And wilson outgained martin in terms of yards. Wilsons kick returns were not just garbage yardage they set up good field position for the offense. Again, I am not saying he had a better game, just arguing your statement that Wilson was "outclassed" by Martin. That is an untrue statement.

Furthermore, as I pointed out b4, I LOVE how you defend the picks you liked but who didn't contribute huge early, guys like Jernigan last year. But when it is a pick you didn't like, such as Wilson, you scream it from the mountain top how he hasn't done anything. Tell me, how good did JPP look after his 1st 2 games? He was about the same age as Wilson is now and contributed nothing then too. Geez, what a huge disappointment he has been right?

Finally, lets truly compare these 2 in actual terms of the picks they were taken and the value spent. Because if you are going to actualy compare the 2 picks you have to compare how much we spent for them.

We used the 32nd overal pick for Wilson, that is it.

Martin was traded up for, and they gave up a 4th round selection to do it. Look at some of those guys available in the 4th: Lamar Miller, Joe Adams, Bobby Massie(didnt you want him in the 2nd round?), Orson Charles, Ben Jones ...etc.and of course, the guy who the Broncos actually selected with that traded pick was Omar Bolden. (If my memory serves, you were very high on Bolden.) I know for a fact living in south Florida the fins are raving about Lamar Miller, who is averaging 6.5 yards per carry so far this year( you were not high on Miller at all.)

I have contended all along that I think these 2 backs(Wilson v Martin) are far too close in value, and giving up a 4th round selection for 1 over the other is CRAZY. I would not have had a problem if either had been our selection. If anything I think our game vs Tampa confirmed my stance that they are somewhat equal value picks as the correct 1. Wilson has been a special teams stud and Martin has been a decent, but not exceptional starting NFL back. I would suggest that they are about where people thought they would be at this point. Everyone expected Martin to be faster out of the gate in terms of playtime.

But, if you want to compare the 2 you have to compare not just Martin vs Wilson, but Martin vs Wilson AND all the potential others guys you could have selected with that 4th rounder. To me, we came out WAY on top. There are some good players drafted in the 4th and beyond. I love ur posts, but i gotta tell ya, i didn't read this one in its entirety becuase i'm really tired right now.. All i really seen is "i'm really reaching now".. I find it hard to believe i'm the one whos reaching when ur using KO return yardage to say Wilson gained more yardage then Martin..lol If thats the case, we mines well of just drafted Devin Hester in RD 1, if that is such a big diffrence maker..lol j/k..

Martin has hands down, no questions asked been a better player then Wilson to this point.. Shoot, hes right there with Alfred Morris, who u say is the best Rookie Back hands down to this point.. And u certainly can gain yardage alot quicker on KO returns then running the ball. Seeing how it should only take about 3 Kick Returns to get u about 60yards if ur not even doing well on KO returns..lol

Wilson certaily did ok on his KO returns, i'll give u that.. Hey, its great, but thats not why we drafted em , and i'd much rather of seen him do what Doug Martin has done.. Lets also not forget, Doug Martin has done what hes done in 2 normal games, meaning not at any point were they needing to play hurry up offense and try and score mad points, and dumping the ball off to em with defense playing back, and giving em draws with defense back, because ur tyring to play catchup, similar to how Bradshaw basically got his game to look decent in week 1.. Hes done what hes done playing as basic as it gets on offense.. There is no wierd extra yards because of a blow out, or wierd yards because they had to go to the run because they were up so much...etc

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 03:46 PM
hey Santa man, whats ur take on the RB's this yr? Any diamond in the rough RB's u like? What do u think of the GIANTS adding a Kenjon Barner type to the Wilson/Brown backfield? Similar to the 9ers adding Kendall Hunter/ Lamichael James to the Gore/dixon/Jacobs backfields? Another words, a straight sprinter type who can give u another element.. Steelers adding Rainey to dwyer/redman/mendenhall is another example...

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 04:42 PM
Ya, i'm not fully sold on cj spiller even now.. Hes still only getting about 14-15 carries a game with fred jackson out, and eventually there gonna up em in carries, and then i have a feeling ur gonna see em get injured.. Its about time hes doing something sthough..lol

Ehh.. 1st week they were getting blown out so much they had to go away from the run early. Furthermore, it is hard to get 20+ carries a game when you are averaging over 10 yards per carry. The offense just isnt on the field that much.

However, I would argue that Wilson(and Martin) is a better prospect coming out than Spiller was. getting those guys at 31 and 32 seem a far better bargain. A point I think I have made in regards to the excellence of last year's rb class and it's value.

Also, his age has nothing to do with Coughlin not playing em..

I am not making excuses for his fumble, nor have I ever implied his age is why he isnt getting carries. Rather I have said TC doesnt often play rookies on offense. That is fact, not opinion. It has a lot to do with his believe in ball security and it has a lot to do with this complicated offense. But Bradshaw has been our main back here for a few years now and people forget, he was nothing but a kick returner for almost all of his rookie year here. He didnt understand the offense and has a fumble issue early on as well. How would you have rated him after his 1st 2 games?

My point is you sounding the horn of no performance after week 2 is a lil ridiculous.Especially when he has been a good contributor on special teams. In truth, it seems a bit of sour grapes because you didnt like the pick. I seem to remember many people last year saying almost the exact same about JJ when we had a midseason rash of injuries to our WRS.."this kid needs to step up." and "everyone ahead of him is hurt and he still doesnt see the field" but since you liked that pick you came to his defense saying it is still far too early to call him out. But now you are calling out Wilson even earlier than they did JJ.

Yesterday, Lamar Miller whos the same age as David Wilson didnt fumble right away and didn't drop a pass and took his opp by the horns and ran really well gaining 65yrd on 10carrys.. Now he's gonna get a share of the load next week, and if he takes his opp adn does well, it'll just keep evolving..

I seem to remember being very high on Miller last spring. I also seem to remember you saying you did not like him at all and he was well below Chris Polk. I find it ironic that you would now try to use him as an example.

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 05:29 PM
Ehh.. 1st week they were getting blown out so much they had to go away from the run early. Furthermore, it is hard to get 20+ carries a game when you are averaging over 10 yards per carry. The offense just isnt on the field that much.

However, I would argue that Wilson(and Martin) is a better prospect coming out than Spiller was. getting those guys at 31 and 32 seem a far better bargain. A point I think I have made in regards to the excellence of last year's rb class and it's value.

I am not making excuses for his fumble, nor have I ever implied his age is why he isnt getting carries. Rather I have said TC doesnt often play rookies on offense. That is fact, not opinion. It has a lot to do with his believe in ball security and it has a lot to do with this complicated offense. But Bradshaw has been our main back here for a few years now and people forget, he was nothing but a kick returner for almost all of his rookie year here. He didnt understand the offense and has a fumble issue early on as well. How would you have rated him after his 1st 2 games?

My point is you sounding the horn of no performance after week 2 is a lil ridiculous.Especially when he has been a good contributor on special teams. In truth, it seems a bit of sour grapes because you didnt like the pick. I seem to remember many people last year saying almost the exact same about JJ when we had a midseason rash of injuries to our WRS.."this kid needs to step up." and "everyone ahead of him is hurt and he still doesnt see the field" but since you liked that pick you came to his defense saying it is still far too early to call him out. But now you are calling out Wilson even earlier than they did JJ.

I seem to remember being very high on Miller last spring. I also seem to remember you saying you did not like him at all and he was well below Chris Polk. I find it ironic that you would now try to use him as an example.The thing that bothers me about Wilson is his awareness and instincts. He just doesnt have a great feel for how plays develop. Physically the guys incredible ,his balance is insane I wonder if it will end up holding him back. Will he be more of a complimentary guy or can he be a feared player like Lesean Mccoy.
Spiller I liked for the Giants a lot. He is finally becoming the big play threat I thought he would be.Didnt like that the Bills picked him.I thought they would ruin him like everyone else they draft. He started playing well last season when they gave him 20 touches at the end of the year.
I was watching tape on Lacy today and Jalston Fowler the other Alabama back really was the one that impressed. They used him as FB and TB and he was really something against Michigan. He was blowing up LB's as a lead Blocker and really showed great short area quickness for a 6-1 245 pound back. Unfortunately he got hurt so we wont see him again till next year. To be honest I think Lacy may be the 3rd best RB on Alabama.

I like the Junior from LSU Alfred Blue. Hasnt been getting much pub I think people are sleeping on him. LSU rotates all those guys in so not 1 of them really stands out, I have no doubt if he was getting 30 carries at Wisconsin or MSU he would be putting up 150 yards a game

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 07:41 PM
ah ya, ur right, i didn't like Lamar miller.. I never said i did.. I'm just pointing out the fact that the guys all ready performing at a very high level at the age u kinda keep saying is a excuse for David Wilson..If Lamar Miller ends up being a stud, it won't be the first time i was wrong and certainly not the last..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 07:49 PM
The thing that bothers me about Wilson is his awareness and instincts. He just doesnt have a great feel for how plays develop. Physically the guys incredible ,his balance is insane I wonder if it will end up holding him back. Will he be more of a complimentary guy or can he be a feared player like Lesean Mccoy.
Spiller I liked for the Giants a lot. He is finally becoming the big play threat I thought he would be.Didnt like that the Bills picked him.I thought they would ruin him like everyone else they draft. He started playing well last season when they gave him 20 touches at the end of the year.
I was watching tape on Lacy today and Jalston Fowler the other Alabama back really was the one that impressed. They used him as FB and TB and he was really something against Michigan. He was blowing up LB's as a lead Blocker and really showed great short area quickness for a 6-1 245 pound back. Unfortunately he got hurt so we wont see him again till next year. To be honest I think Lacy may be the 3rd best RB on Alabama.

I like the Junior from LSU Alfred Blue. Hasnt been getting much pub I think people are sleeping on him. LSU rotates all those guys in so not 1 of them really stands out, I have no doubt if he was getting 30 carries at Wisconsin or MSU he would be putting up 150 yards a game Yes, u pretty much have the same worries i have about WIlson, and always have.. As far as Physicallity goes, that is another reason i felt Martin was hands down the better prospect then WIlson, and only with Trent Richardson as 1st rders.. I feel Martin brings that physical element to the game and also has teh speed to hit the edge as well.. WIlson always has had that feel of Complementry back to me, more so then starter who can handle a big workload... Even if he starts, i got a feeling it'll always be part of a package deal with another back.. Theres nothing wrong with that, but to me those are guys u take in RD 2 the earliest.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 07:53 PM
Also, as for Coughlin not playing rookies thats about as much not a fact as can be.. He plays rookies when playing the rookie is the best best option.. Almost always our 1st rder plays immedietly or at least a good amount by rookie yr end.. The only way he don't play rookies is if there are quality vets ahead of them.. Sure, when ur mario manningham and ur drafted and u got plaxico and toomer and all those guys ahead of u, ur not gonna play much kinda thing.. I could name a ton of rookies we've had that play there fair share during there rookie season.. Most of the guys that don't, are guys that still don't play much.. Guys like Barden and Jerrnigan, who just didn't do much with there opp's or were injury prone most of there rookie yrs..etc..etc

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 08:25 PM
Also, as for Coughlin not playing rookies thats about as much not a fact as can be.. He plays rookies when playing the rookie is the best best option..

If it isnt a fact, please provide examples. Lets compare examples ok? Remember, my statement was that TC has always been slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on OFFENSE.

Here are the examples supporting my claim:
Kevin Boss - didnt play meaningful until late in the season
Ahmad Bradshaw - was kickoff returner until late in the season(November) and few carries until vry late.
Hakeem Nicks - played some early, but not named a starter till into season, Started 6 games despite huge need at the wr position.
Steve Smith - Played very sparingly early. No meaningful playtime till the playoffs.
Mario Manningham- 4 receptions his rookie year.
Brandon Jacobs - 38 carries his rookie year, mostly in mop up duty when we had big leads and on short yardage plays.
Sinorice Moss - *crickets chirp*
Da'rel Scott - 5 carries as a rookie, 1st 1 came in november.
Jerrel Jernigan - No stats recorded on offense despite heavy injuries to the WR corp in mid season.
James Brewer - nothing, zip, has he even been active for a game?
Will Beatty - Didnt get on the field till late his rookie year.
Ramses Barden - 1 catch as a rookie and it came in January.
Travis Beckum - 8 receptions as a rookie
Andre Brown- bad example because he injured himself early but his playtime saturday was his 1st meaningful playtime ever.

That is pretty much every offensive rookie in the last half decade+. I may have missed some, but I think the evidence supporting my claim is pretty overwhelming.

Redeyejedi
09-17-2012, 08:53 PM
If it isnt a fact, please provide examples. Lets compare examples ok? Remember, my statement was that TC has always been slow to introduce rookies to the lineup, especially on OFFENSE.

Kevin Boss - didnt play until late in the season
Ahmad Bradshaw - was kickoff returner until late in the season(November) and even then only a few carries.
Hakeem Nicks - played some sparingly early, but not named a starter till mid season.
Steve Smith - Played very sparingly early. No meaningful playtime till the playoffs
Brandon Jacobs - 38 carries his rookie year, mostly in mop up duty when we had big leads and on short yardage plays.
Jerrel Jernigan - No stats recorded on offense despite heavy injuries to the WR corp in mid season.
Andre Brown- bad example because he injured himself early but his playtime saturday was his 1st meaningful playtime ever.

That is pretty much every offensive rookie in the last half decade+. I may have missed some, but I think the evidence supporting my claim is pretty overwhelming.Snee and Diehl started Day 1 thats about it.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 09:07 PM
Snee and Diehl started Day 1 thats about it.

Snee was drafted 2004 and Diehl 2003. So Snee is the lone exception because Deihl was under Fassel as a rookie.

It is actually quite amazing how consistent TC's policy has been towards offensive rookies.

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 09:29 PM

Kevin Boss - didnt play meaningful until late in the season
Ahmad Bradshaw - was kickoff returner until late in the season(November) and few carries until vry late.
Hakeem Nicks - played some early, but not named a starter till into season, Started 6 games despite huge need at the wr position.
Steve Smith - Played very sparingly early. No meaningful playtime till the playoffs.

That is pretty much every offensive rookie in the last half decade+. I may have missed some, but I think the evidence supporting my claim is pretty overwhelming. Ya, and just about all of those guys had very good players ahead of them.. David WIlson does not.. he dosen't have Jeremey Shockey, Plax and Toomer, Bradshaw and Jacobs, in front of em, does he? Like i said, COughlin plays rookies when playing the rookie is the best solution.. David Wilson should be the best solution.. He was given first crack after Bradshaw went down, and did nothing.. He soured again with his 2ypc and dropped pass..

And also, half ur guys ont hat list still don't play..lol Because they weren't good draft picks, as it happens sometimes..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 09:36 PM
Rookies normally don't start unless there the best option.. If u got a first rd pick and a guy who is a journey man who had minus yards for his career, then u go with the rookie unless the rookie isn't getting it done.. Now can that change? Of course it can, but it hasen't yet and it has nothing to do at all with coughlin not wanting to play Wilson as a rookie.. I mean, he was playing early right outta the gates but he had a ridiculous fumble.. Do u think if he had a decent run, then coughlin would of just not used em? He was splittling carries with bradshaw right outta the gates dude , untill he su-cked and made a horrendus TO and did nothing with his other carries.. He was first in yesterday before Brown, but had a horrendus drop and again did nothing with his carries..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 09:44 PM
Nicks played immedietly by the way.. First game of the season he had 2catches and 2nd game he got his 1st TD.. And he was the only 1st rder on ur entire list outside of David Wilson.. Looking at Nicks 1st 2games and David Wilson's is like looking at a Star and a Dud.. 3catches 69yrd 1td compared to david wilsons 2ypc fumble and dropped pass... And Hakeem Nicks had Mario Manningham and Steve Smith in front em by the way... Both with more expierence and both 2nd and 3rd rd respectable picks with expierence..

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Yo, i never seen a team turn the ball over there 1st 4possesions..lol How funny is that! The broncos should be ashamed of how pathetic there playing! Peyton Manning has made Eli's first half yesterday look like a John Elway 4th qter drive..lol

nycsportzfan
09-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Snee was drafted 2004 and Diehl 2003. So Snee is the lone exception because Deihl was under Fassel as a rookie.

It is actually quite amazing how consistent TC's policy has been towards offensive rookies. It is? It surprises u that Jeremey Shockey starts ahead of Kevin Boss? Its surprising a 4th rder like Jacobs at his size is the Goal line back and not getting a ton of carries when u got Tiki Barber on the team? And again, tons of those guys not only didn't play as rookies, they never panned out period!!!! Thats not exactly a positive toward Wilson... Brewer still isn't playing even in his 2nd yr, so did it occur he might not be good enough? Andre Brown didn't even make the team..lol Darel Scott is a 7th rd pick who had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him.. I could litteraly do this for everyone on ur list basically..

And not all of em didn't play, but obviously the ones who were at least good enough to play , were behind some better options.. David Wilson has played, and 100pct got first crack behind bradshaw, but got into the doghouse wk 1, and got in the doghouse in wk 2.. Do u think a guy who comes in first beahind bradshaw was gonna do good and stop getting the ball? Brown took that Opp and ran with it..

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 10:43 PM
Ya, and just about all of those guys had very good players ahead of them.. David WIlson does not.. he dosen't have Jeremey Shockey, Plax and Toomer, Bradshaw and Jacobs, in front of em, does he? Like i said, COughlin plays rookies when playing the rookie is the best solution.. David Wilson should be the best solution.. He was given first crack after Bradshaw went down, and did nothing.. He soured again with his 2ypc and dropped pass..

And also, half ur guys ont hat list still don't play..lol Because they weren't good draft picks, as it happens sometimes..

So again, where are your examples? Im still waiting....

Sorry dude, this is a losing battle you are fighting. I listed just about every single offensive rookie drafted under during TC regime and the only exception.

I mentioned Nicks. I said how he saw some limmited playtime. But was not named a starter until mid season. In fact despite HUGE need at the wr position that year he only started 6 of the 14 games he played. I thank you for bringing him up tho as he completely refutes your argument that immediate need will force offensive rookies into action. Nicks was a very NFL ready player, and he did see more action than most rookies but he was still held back according to TCs slow rookie development plan. Many of his sucessful early plays were just wr screens.

BlueSanta
09-17-2012, 11:46 PM
It is? It surprises u that Jeremey Shockey starts ahead of Kevin Boss? Its surprising a 4th rder like Jacobs at his size is the Goal line back and not getting a ton of carries when u got Tiki Barber on the team? And again, tons of those guys not only didn't play as rookies, they never panned out period!!!! Thats not exactly a positive toward Wilson... Brewer still isn't playing even in his 2nd yr, so did it occur he might not be good enough? Andre Brown didn't even make the team..lol Darel Scott is a 7th rd pick who had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him.. I could litteraly do this for everyone on ur list basically..

And not all of em didn't play, but obviously the ones who were at least good enough to play , were behind some better options.. David Wilson has played, and 100pct got first crack behind bradshaw, but got into the doghouse wk 1, and got in the doghouse in wk 2.. Do u think a guy who comes in first beahind bradshaw was gonna do good and stop getting the ball? Brown took that Opp and ran with it..

so every rookie we have drafted under TC save 1 has been unable to play signifcantly early in his rookie year because we didnt need them? Wow that is amazing. It is also nonsense.

I listed almost every single rookie brought in under TC. Looking back I forgot a couple of rooks. Petrus and Koets for example. But they only support my claim even further. You are just being stubborn in the face of overwhelming evidence.

Seriously, you calling out a draft pick after TWO GAMES. That is absurd.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 02:32 AM
So again, where are your examples? Im still waiting....

Sorry dude, this is a losing battle you are fighting. I listed just about every single offensive rookie drafted under during TC regime and the only exception.

I mentioned Nicks. I said how he saw some limmited playtime. But was not named a starter until mid season. In fact despite HUGE need at the wr position that year he only started 6 of the 14 games he played. I thank you for bringing him up tho as he completely refutes your argument that immediate need will force offensive rookies into action. Nicks was a very NFL ready player, and he did see more action than most rookies but he was still held back according to TCs slow rookie development plan. Many of his sucessful early plays were just wr screens. I Dude, by Nicks 4th game, he had 114yrds on 5catches and a TD..lol He played immedietly, and showed he desrved more time.. I don't know why u think Midseason is game 4 of a season? I mean, the guy had a TD in his 2nd game , 3rd game, 4th game, and 5th game..lol Every 1st rder we have played early on, except JPP, who played more as the season went on, because again, he had OSI and TUCK ahead of him..

David WIlson was given the first crack at backing up bradshaw, and he lost it to Brown.. Theres ur example, right there..lol Why do u think we didn't even see Andre Brown in the opening game? Theres ur example right there.. Wilson got first crack, and for the time being has lost it to Andre Brown..

And as for other rookies, i don't know whats so hard to understand that it certainly matters whos in front of u, as for gaining playing time.. Why do u think were gonna sit Jeremey Shockey for a 5th rd draft pick outta W.Oregon to start the season is beyond me.. 90pct of the rookies u mentioned are mid rders or later.. Those normally aren't the type of guys who play immedietly, ya know? David Wilson on the other hand has no excuse.. he was given a chance and immedietly lost it becusae of his butterfingers..

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 02:42 AM
so every rookie we have drafted under TC save 1 has been unable to play signifcantly early in his rookie year because we didnt need them? Wow that is amazing. It is also nonsense.

I listed almost every single rookie brought in under TC. Looking back I forgot a couple. Petrus and Koets. But they only support my claim even further. You are just being stubborn.

Seriously, you calling out a draft pick after TWO GAMES. That is absurd. uhh, tell me where i'm wrong there buddy..

Boss had shockey in front of em- No?
JPP had Tuck and OSI in front of em- No?
Nicks- I'm not gonna say nicks because he played and played often pretty much immedietly, by week 4 he was a regular, not middle of the season, and certainly not with just screen passes.. Thats absurd..
Jacobs had Tiki in front of em- No? Tiki was all ready a horse for us, why would that change for a 4th rd pick out of Southern Illinois?
Mario Manningham- Had Steve Smith, Plax, and Toomer ahead of him.. No?
Steve Smith- I believe got hurt early on in the season if i'm not mistaken? Pretty sure it was playing early on as well?
Bradshaw- Had Jacobs and Ward ahead of him and he was a 7th rd pick , lucky to make team let alone play early on...
Scott- Had Bradshaw and Jacobs ahead of him, and kinda diffrent scenario being hes a 7th rd pick lucky to make team let alone steal carries from those 2
Brewer- a Mid rd draft pick who we knew going in was a project.. Much diffrent then david wilson.

Actually i'm gonna stop there, becasue to be honest, the rest of the guys still don't play, so why would they of played there rookie yrs a ton? Chances are there not starting material, period..

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 02:44 AM
And i'm not calling out anyone.. I tried to make that clear when i more then once wrote "i know its still early".. I think i mentioned "so far" as well.. Which means so far, not that hes a bust forever... My point is hes been dissapointing so far, and all ready lost his job to a guy we cut as a 4th rd pick a few yrs ago..

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 03:37 AM
We cut Brown because he tore his achillies. Not because he was bad. In fact, there was a lot of high praise for him prior to the injury. Furthermore, I think it is safe to say after 2 games, we will see more of Wilson eventually. His path has been no different than that of every rookie rb under TC.

Da'rel Scott got 5 carries last year, all late in the season. Prior to that he was a kick returner. After his 2nd fumble in 5 carries as a RB, we never saw him again.

Ahmad Bradshaw played as a kick returner initially, and after a fumble on special teams he never saw the RB position till the last week of November. But his production certainly picked up from there.

It is TC's pattern. He does this with all rookie rbs.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 04:11 AM
We cut Brown because he tore his achillies. Not because he was bad. In fact, there was a lot of high praise for him prior to the injury. Furthermore, I think it is safe to say after 2 games, we will see more of Wilson eventually. His path has been no different than that of every rookie rb under TC.

Da'rel Scott got 5 carries last year, all late in the season. Prior to that he was a kick returner. After his 2nd fumble in 5 carries as a RB, we never saw him again.

Ahmad Bradshaw played as a kick returner initially, and after a fumble on special teams he never saw the RB position till the last week of November. But his production certainly picked up from there.

It is TC's pattern. He does this with all rookie rbs. What do u mean its his plan? U do realize David Wilson was the one who initally backed up Ahmad Bradshaw, right? Not brown, but WIlson.. Brown woulden't even be seeing carries right now had WIlson not fumbled then dropped the worlds easiest pass and avg'd 2 YPC on his 5carries overall.. Dude, he was ahead of brown on the depth chart.. I just don't get how u debate that? He did well in the preseason and because all we had was a 7th rd draft pick form last yr, and a Journey man former 4th rd pick, and another former Undrafted Free Agent in Dj Ware, Wilson won the backup job.. He quickly has lost it becasue he stunk up to this point and with bradshaw out, Brown got to back up Wilson, and immedietly played well, and that was that.

And how do u know the ACL was the reason we cut brown? Its not like he was killing it or anything.. Hes been let go by another 2teams since us.. Broncos adn Colts.. I just don't get how ur comparing 7th rd draft picks like Bradshaw and Scott to david wilson? Wilson's are freaking 1st rd pick and we have no RB's!!! OUr first rders play, end of story.. Almost all 1st rd picks of every single team plays, unless u got something ahead of em worth keeping em on the bench.. Right now there should be nothing holding David Wilson back..

FOr all we know, David Wilson could have a great game this week, and be right back ahead of Brown.. I'm not saying Wilson's gonna su-ck, i'm just saying as of now, Doug Martin has outplayed the crap outta him, and hes making my case to why i thought Richardson and Martin were the only 1st rd RB's in the class, and we should of taken Cordy Glenn..

Now in 3wk's from now, i could look totally wrong about this, hence why i said " i know its early" and "as of right now"... This is just simply the very early stages.. But as far as Coughlin not playing rookies, hes all ready proven u wrong, as David WIlson has played directly as the backup to Bradshaw the first 2games but no one said hes gonna be able to fumble and drop passes and keep that job.. Andre Brown has stole it for the time being..

Redeyejedi
09-18-2012, 08:50 AM

It is actually quite amazing how consistent TC's policy has been towards offensive rookies.I always equate Diehl with 2005 have no idea why. Ive done it multiple times. The only guys who really got involved were Snee and Nicks. I am a little discouraged by Wilson myself. I think RB has different rules then other positions because the career is shorter. If your going to draft a RB in the 1st round u better be playing him . I was hoping to see him get around 125-150 carries which is still possible but looks doubtful at the moment. I think he will get a chance this week against Carolina with the short week. He better take advantage because if he struggles or fumbles he could be buried for the rest of the season.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 10:24 AM
I always equate Diehl with 2005 have no idea why. Ive done it multiple times. The only guys who really got involved were Snee and Nicks. I am a little discouraged by Wilson myself. I think RB has different rules then other positions because the career is shorter. If your going to draft a RB in the 1st round u better be playing him . I was hoping to see him get around 125-150 carries which is still possible but looks doubtful at the moment. I think he will get a chance this week against Carolina with the short week. He better take advantage because if he struggles or fumbles he could be buried for the rest of the season. I didn't even think about the Shorter life span of RB's. Also, don't forget Steve Smith would of been involved had he not gotten injured.. I mean, the guy came back from injury and played a huge part of our Playoff run.. Kevin Boss came from freaking Western Oregon for godsake, and as soon as he was needed with Shockey getting injured, he stepped right in and played damn well..
Obviously ur 1st and 2nd rd picks are guys who should see the field more so then 3rd-7th rders, all though they sometimes see the feild early on as well, but mostly due to injurys.. In Wilsons case, were talking about a guy who was a 1st rder and had no one but a injury prone Ahmad Bradshaw in front of him and now he dosen't have him there right now, but he soured so much as Ahmads 1st backup, that Andre Brown probably became the starter in his absence. Sure, it won't take much for Wilson's to get that gig back, as he could go off against carolina and Brown could quickly go back behind him on the depth chart, but as of now, hes been a dissapointment..

I don't really know how this became about Rookies playing for us and what not???lol They play for us, maybe not always in week 1 or 2 or whatever, but every yr, we have Rookies play instrumental parts to our success.. The examples of guys that were 7th rd picks not getting playing time immedietly are what annoyed me more then anything.. I mean, come on...lol Of course 7th rd picks aren't playing immedietly.. Its impressive enough that they play at all during the yr.. Half the time teams will draft projects in the mid to late rds, so obviously there not playing unless emergency(injury or whatever).. The only good examples would be guys like nicks, s.smith, snee, and wilson.. There the only offensive rookies in recent yrs that i expect would be ont he field helping early on in there rookie campaigns.. I put Steve SMith there becusae we had a opening in the slot when we drafted him.. Steve Smith had 3catches in the Opening game of his rookie yr.. Then he got hurt in week 2, and as soon as he came back, he was huge for us, in the postseason.. Forget the fact he wasen't even a 1st rder..

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 10:27 AM
All right, lets get back to talking about prospects for this yr.. U know ur my boy Santa Man! Were both adults and having fun discussions with guys like Redeye and yourself are what makes me love these boards so much.. Even if it seems heated(not that it does), trust me its not on my end..

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 11:12 AM
Welp, Time for my Weekly Mock Draft.. Last wk i had us picking 28th after the loss to Dallas, and i'm gonna move us up one selection to PICK 29 for this weeks mock.. Obviously my mocks will change often as we learn more and more what this team may or may not be looking for come April...

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- I know we need lineman, but our pass rush outside of JPP has been non existent so far.. OSI is probably gone after the season, and Reese is gonna make a major push to revamp our pass rush, as it is the NYG calling card and a huge reason we WON 2 SB's in the past 5yrs.. Okafor is coming off a 2sack game against Ole Miss and would look fantastic opposite JPP for yrs to come...

2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- I don't love Oday Aboushi, and i'm not sure theres a T i love perdicted in that range as of yet.. Jonathan Cooper is a fantastic G prospect, and will probably be off the board by now.. Either way Cooper is a great pick for the GIANTS and adds talented young G to the line..

3. Matt Elam S Florida- I love this kid and hes putting together a fine season for FLA so far.. With KP's impending FA'cy after the season, we could be lookin at a S in the first 3rd's...

4. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- A LT prospect, who is quick and agile and athletic... Hes got a ton of expierence at LT as he started there for 3straight seasons for Kansas.. His stock fell a bit after last yr, but hes well worth the pick in RD 4, and was getting quite a few rave reviews in the Jayhawks latest game against TCU, which i was watching..

5. Prentiss Waggner S/CB Tennesee- Versatile player, who could stand to add a few lb's, but has the expierence at both CB and saftey.. I could see us add a couple pieces to our secondary this offseason..

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 01:08 PM
I don't really know how this became about Rookies playing for us and what not???lol They play for us, maybe not always in week 1 or 2 or whatever, but every yr, we have Rookies play instrumental parts to our success.. The examples of guys that were 7th rd picks not getting playing time immedietly are what annoyed me more then anything.. I mean, come on...lol Of course 7th rd picks aren't playing immedietly..

Nice try. I listed EVERY single offensive rookie in TC's tenure. Not just 7th rounders. You listed...........*crickets chirping*

Even Hakeem Nicks, a guy drafted at a position of utmost need at the time, was slowly introduced to the offense. He got a couple wr screens early on but remained behind Steve Smith, Mario manningham, and Hixon on the depth chart until TC was ready to name him a starter later in the season. The same exact pattern he has used for all other rookies.

Bradshaw remained as a kickoff returner only, sitting behind Rueben Droughns on the RB depth chart until late in the season when TC felt more comfortable with Ahmads grasp.

Da'rel Scott remained a kickoff returner last year until November when he got 5 carries and was sent back to the bench after a couple fumbles.

I guess you can keep arguing that TC's doesnt have a pattern just like you can also argue that the Sun isnt coming up tomorrow.

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Welp, Time for my Weekly Mock Draft.. Last wk i had us picking 28th after the loss to Dallas, and i'm gonna move us up one selection to PICK 29 for this weeks mock.. Obviously my mocks will change often as we learn more and more what this team may or may not be looking for come April...

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- I know we need lineman, but our pass rush outside of JPP has been non existent so far.. OSI is probably gone after the season, and Reese is gonna make a major push to revamp our pass rush, as it is the NYG calling card and a huge reason we WON 2 SB's in the past 5yrs.. Okafor is coming off a 2sack game against Ole Miss and would look fantastic opposite JPP for yrs to come...

2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- I don't love Oday Aboushi, and i'm not sure theres a T i love perdicted in that range as of yet.. Jonathan Cooper is a fantastic G prospect, and will probably be off the board by now.. Either way Cooper is a great pick for the GIANTS and adds talented young G to the line..

3. Matt Elam S Florida- I love this kid and hes putting together a fine season for FLA so far.. With KP's impending FA'cy after the season, we could be lookin at a S in the first 3rd's...

4. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- A LT prospect, who is quick and agile and athletic... Hes got a ton of expierence at LT as he started there for 3straight seasons for Kansas.. His stock fell a bit after last yr, but hes well worth the pick in RD 4, and was getting quite a few rave reviews in the Jayhawks latest game against TCU, which i was watching..

5. Prentiss Waggner S/CB Tennesee- Versatile player, who could stand to add a few lb's, but has the expierence at both CB and saftey.. I could see us add a couple pieces to our secondary this offseason..

I think that is a good list, especially based on what we have seen thus far this year out of this Giants. This early if doing a mock you have to stress need and I think you did that well. Okafor is a fine prospect, although I prefer Bjeorn Werner. Honestly Okafor both are good prospects for us because they both have 1) good run defense and 2) good positional versatility along the defensive line that will help them get into our nascar packages. Both more natural as LDE which is starting to become need for us of late. I just think Bjeorn is further along as a pass rusher right now and has a quicker 1st step.

I think Elam will be riser on some boards, I actually think he will go before the 3rd round. It is a good safety class.

Considering Bennett is only here for a year, I do think we have to consider some TEs(seems like I say this every year. )

Hawkinson fits Reese's pattern of going for good athletes at the LT position, like he did with Beatty. But also like Beatty this kid does have some beef to add to his frame before he can line up in the NFL. He also has experience at both Tackle positions, which always helps.

Part of me hopes we seriously address the interior line. They looked good this week, but we all got to see in the preseason how thin we are. If those backups start coming into the game, we might start seeing a sack-athon in our backfield.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Nice try. I listed EVERY single offensive rookie in TC's tenure. Not just 7th rounders. You listed...........*crickets chirping*

Even Hakeem Nicks, a guy drafted at a position of utmost need at the time, was slowly introduced to the offense. He got a couple wr screens early on but remained behind Steve Smith, Mario manningham, and Hixon on the depth chart until TC was ready to name him a starter later in the season. The same exact pattern he has used for all other rookies.

Bradshaw remained as a kickoff returner only, sitting behind Rueben Droughns on the RB depth chart until late in the season when TC felt more comfortable with Ahmads grasp. wa

Da'rel Scott remained a kickoff returner last year until November when he got 5 carries and was sent back to the bench after a couple fumbles.

I guess you can keep arguing that TC's doesnt have a pattern just like you can also argue that the Sun isnt coming up tomorrow. Ur not getting it.. It was silly to list guys who had incredible players in front of em when they were rookies.. It also made no sense to write down rookies who still don't play well into there careers.. Dosen't that mean they weren't good enough to get alot of playing time, period? Not just rookie yrs? Steve Smith, Hakeem Nicks, Chris Snee all played right away.. David Wilson has teh best situation outta all of em, as he dosen't have Brandon Jacobs and Bradshaw ahead of him.. All he has is bradshaw, whos about 5 foot surgeries deep now..lol

I'm still waiting for u to answer why Coughlin had him 2nd on the depth chart? Why was he getting playing time in week 1? Why did he play in week 2? Dosent' that kinda contradict what ur saying right there? The guy was our number 2 RB coming into this season.. The best part is, thats the player in question, and hes the guy who coughlin had running plays in the first qter of our first game..lol Shoot, if he didn't fumble and drop passes and avg 2YPC, he'd be starting this week.. As it is, hes gonna be playing this week.. But wait, hes a rookie, so he can't play under coughlin???lol

Jayron Hosley can't play either, right? Or does coughlin just not play Offensive rookies? Again, he plays guys who are the best option.. Hes done it in the past, and hes gonna always do it..

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 01:59 PM
I think that is a good list, especially based on what we have seen thus far this year out of this Giants. This early if doing a mock you have to stress need and I think you did that well. Okafor is a fine prospect, although I prefer Bjeorn Werner. Honestly Okafor both are good prospects for us because they both have 1) good run defense and 2) good positional versatility along the defensive line that will help them get into our nascar packages. Both more natural as LDE which is starting to become need for us of late. I just think Bjeorn is further along as a pass rusher right now and has a quicker 1st step.

I think Elam will be riser on some boards, I actually think he will go before the 3rd round. It is a good safety class.

Considering Bennett is only here for a year, I do think we have to consider some TEs(seems like I say this every year. )

Hawkinson fits Reese's pattern of going for good athletes at the LT position, like he did with Beatty. But also like Beatty this kid does have some beef to add to his frame before he can line up in the NFL. He also has experience at both Tackle positions, which always helps.

Part of me hopes we seriously address the interior line. They looked good this week, but we all got to see in the preseason how thin we are. If those backups start coming into the game, we might start seeing a sack-athon in our backfield. i prefer werner as well, but i'm going based on us picking 29th this week,a nd i think he'll be gone by then... I think Bennett will get re-signed if he continues to put up big numbers.. Hes pretty fresh and not been around all that long, so it kinda pointless to go draft a TE when u got a young big blocker who has a yr under his belt with the team... The only e'way im putting in a TE is if Bennett gets hurt or stops producing.. Of course a mid to late rd flyer on a guy is always a possiblity.. I don't think Elam is gonna go before RD 3, but i have a feeling he'll go before we pick in RD 3, but there is at least a possiblity he'll be there.. Its not overly far fetched... I'd be pretty happy if we pulled that draft out...

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Ur not getting it.. It was silly to list guys who had incredible players in front of em when they were rookies.. It also made no sense to write down rookies who still don't play well into there careers..
No YOU arent getting it.

I listed EVERYONE despite their ability. I did not discriminate AT ALL and ALL of them propose the body of evidence that COMEPLTELY refutes your statement.

YOU made an incorrect statement MOVE ON ALREADY. TC has a long established pattern of gradually introducing rookies to the lineup. Get over it...geez

BlueSanta
09-18-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm still waiting for u to answer why Coughlin had him 2nd on the depth chart? Why was he getting playing time in week 1? Why did he play in week 2?

Jayron Hosley can't play either, right? Or does coughlin just not play Offensive rookies? Again, he plays guys who are the best option.. Hes done it in the past, and hes gonna always do it..

Again, TC is slow to introduce rookies on offense. FACT. Hakeem Nicks was slowly introduced to the offense despite a HUGE need at the position. He did not get the start until mid season. He was given a couple basic plays early , mostly WR screens(but not all). he made the most of them. So far, Wilson has not. hardly reason to call him out tho especially in light of his big contributions on special teams

Here is a link to Nicks 1st NFL TD in week 2 of 2009. Guess what play it was? that is right a WR screen Guess where he was on the depth chart? 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJU90xwl7o

So again, what examples do you have? I am STILL waiting. I listed every single rookie. where is your list? If you cannot produce 1, I will assume this discussion over as you have no support to your claim and are just agruing for the sake of trying to get the last word and save face after making an incorrect statement.

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 07:19 PM
No YOU arent getting it.

I listed EVERYONE despite their ability. I did not discriminate AT ALL and ALL of them propose the body of evidence that COMEPLTELY refutes your statement.

YOU made an incorrect statement MOVE ON ALREADY. TC has a long established pattern of gradually introducing rookies to the lineup. Get over it...geez

. ur crazy..lol

nycsportzfan
09-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Again, TC is slow to introduce rookies on offense. FACT. Hakeem Nicks was slowly introduced to the offense despite a HUGE need at the position. He did not get the start until mid season. He was given a couple basic plays early , mostly WR screens(but not all). he made the most of them. So far, Wilson has not. hardly reason to call him out tho especially in light of his big contributions on special teams

Here is a link to Nicks 1st NFL TD in week 2 of 2009. Guess what play it was? that is right a WR screen Guess where he was on the depth chart? 4th

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spJU90xwl7o

So again, what examples do you have? I am STILL waiting. I listed every single rookie. where is your list? If you cannot produce 1, I will assume this discussion over as you have no support to your claim and are just agruing for the sake of trying to get the last word and save face after making an incorrect statement. Ya, that Nicks TD was a brilliant play call.. Whats ur point? Nicks still gets the occasional screen pass... Hes a physical reciver.. It had nothing to do with anything besides a good play... Its not like all he was getting was screen passes..lol Not to menton, what is it? Is it that guys don't play, or they play with a slightly easier package of plays untill they learn the offense or what? Nicks, Steve SMith, Chris Snee, and David Wilson all played immedietly.. I really don't care about weather or not Ramses Barden or Darel Scott or whoever played immedietly or not, becuase i'm smart enough to realize the diffrence between a guy with depth in front of him and/or a total diffrence in talent level and investment...

Sinorice Moss never played..lol Sinorcie Moss suc-ked..lol Why in the world would he of been playing early as a rookie? Coughlin isn't a idiot.. Hes not gonna not play a Rookie if its his best option or he thinks it is untill proven diffrently.. Every team in the NFL plays rookies early on weather by choice or not.. Jayron HOsley was just 2nd in tackles i believe in his first game of the season..

Were definetly not gonna agree here.. I 100pct know for a fact Coughlin will play who he thinks is his best option, and when theres a super talent like Hakeem Nicks, he dosen't hold back.. David WIlson was fantastic in the preseason therefore earned his playing time in the first qter of the first game.. The guy would be starting had he not been so dissapointing .. Shoot, he very well could be starting soon, if he bounces back and has a big game ..

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 12:01 AM
Walt put out his Mock Draft today, going 3rounds.. He also had us taking Alex Okafor in RD 1..lol I like his mock for us up untill rd 3.. Hes got us taking Okafor, R.Wagner, and then Zac Dysert QB Miami (OH) in RD 3... I don't think were in positon to take a QB in rd 3 with the needs we have.. Kenny Phillips could leave and in that case, i'd rather have Baccari Rambo or someone like that..

Does anyone know anything about DUKE WILLIAMS S NEVADA?

TheEnigma
09-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Barring any serious injury, does anyone else see Barrett Jones not being available by the time we pick? He looked really good against Michigan playing Center and I think due to his rare versatility, good character, and being an overall safe selection, he might end up being a #10 to #15 selection. I'm thinking Brennan Williams or Chance Warmack are more realistic possibilities. I would be pleased with Rhodes or Banks as well.

BlueSanta
09-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Barring any serious injury, does anyone else see Barrett Jones not being available by the time we pick? He looked really good against Michigan playing Center and I think due to his rare versatility, good character, and being an overall safe selection, he might end up being a #10 to #15 selection. I'm thinking Brennan Williams or Chance Warmack are more realistic possibilities. I would be pleased with Rhodes or Banks as well.

Jones' versatility and his flawless technique will likely make him the most coveted of these guys. The only thing that could really hurt him would be if, come the combine, they realize he has very short arms or isnt as big as he is listed. That is something that has become somewhat common place for Bama players in recent years. In fact, it is getting a bit common accross a lot of college football.

That said, if I am an NFL team looking for a guard, I definitely take Womack above all else. He is just nasty.

If I had to guess, I would say the Giants would prefer Jones. They always value versatility.

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Jones' versatility and his flawless technique will likely make him the most coveted of these guys. The only thing that could really hurt him would be if, come the combine, they realize he has very short arms or isnt as big as he is listed. That is something that has become somewhat common place for Bama players in recent years. In fact, it is getting a bit common accross a lot of college football.

That said, if I am an NFL team looking for a guard, I definitely take Womack above all else. He is just nasty.

If I had to guess, I would say the Giants would prefer Jones. They always value versatility. Ya, Jones screams GIANTS type lineman... I still think he'll be gone, but u never know? It all depends on how we play this yr and where we pick.. Womack would be a heck of a consolation prize though! I love Chance, he was brilliant against Arkansas..

I think its gonna be another tough call on what the giants do this yr, because they could go with a pass rusher, a DB, a Olineman, and even outside chance a guy like Tyler Eifert.. I think Reese will take what ever player outta those positons kinda slips through the cracks.. If a guy like Kawaan Short is there or Barrett Jones or Alex Okafor, he'll snatch em up...

BlueSanta
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
It does seem like the Giants have been trying to address the Oline through free agency and late round picks. But then again, I am sure if the value is there they will pick it whether it comes round 1 or round 6.

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 04:18 PM
It does seem like the Giants have been trying to address the Oline through free agency and late round picks. But then again, I am sure if the value is there they will pick it whether it comes round 1 or round 6.Ya, i think the giants are just smart, they don't hamstring themselves with certain limitations, like "not taking a S in the 1st rd, or not drafting a CB that is small..et".. I know often it might seem like that, but then before u know it a guy like Jayron Hosley will get picked, or Kenny Phillips will go in the 1st rd...etc

Redeyejedi
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Ya, i think the giants are just smart, they don't hamstring themselves with certain limitations, like "not taking a S in the 1st rd, or not drafting a CB that is small..et".. I know often it might seem like that, but then before u know it a guy like Jayron Hosley will get picked, or Kenny Phillips will go in the 1st rd...etc
. I think the real reason your seeing the smaller CB's is Perry Fewells defense.Size isnt anywhere close to as important as it was in the secondary.

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Amazing the Giants avoid size but somehow end up with the tallest defense in the NFL every year weird how that happpens Dude, they like physical db's.. If theres a physical DB that is smallish, they'll take em.. Hence why they signed Bruce Johnson as a UDF and Drafted Jayron Hosley..

Didn't they just draft Hosley? Hes the opitomy of a small CB... That pretty much prooves right there that they have absoulutley no problem adding a smaller CB... Again, they like Physical Corners, hence Terrell Thomas, Bruce Johnson, Jayron Hosley, Michael Coe, Corey Webster..etc

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 05:25 PM
shoot, i even forgot about Justin Tryon as well.. Tryon is 5ft 9 180lbs.. B.Johnson has some height at 5ft 11in, but weights a meager 180lbs.. And then u got Hosely, whos really small and skinny.. I think they like Physical CB's for the mostpart(not saying they wont make exceptions), and alot of physical DB's end up being kinda biggish.. U don't agree with that redeye?

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 05:35 PM
The bills just drafted there 2nd monster sized CB in 2yr span with Gilmore and A.Williams, but it dosen't mean they won't draft a good CB because hes not big.. Hence Ron Brooks... Actually, i find it hard to believe we got bigger secondary then the bills...

What about the Steelers? Ike Taylor is 6ft 2inch, and Cortez Allen is 6ft 1in almost 200lbs..Keenan lewis is 6ft 208lbs.. Every one of those guys are bigger then our biggest CB.. Curtis Brown is 6ft almost a 190 as well..

Chargers got Quentin Jammer whos 6ft 204lb and Cason whos 6ft 1in 196lbs... Marcus Gilchrist is 5ft 10in 200lbs...etc

Are u sure we have the biggest CB's in the league?

nycsportzfan
09-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey Redeye, Brandon Oliver RB Buff is on T.V tonight.. Going up against Kent St...

TheEnigma
09-19-2012, 11:13 PM
Wow, Cordy Glenn has only allowed two hurries so far this season and that's impressive considering he went up against Tamba Hali last week. I hope David Wilson steps up tomorrow night and can break out a big run against the Panthers.

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Wow, Cordy Glenn has only allowed two hurries so far this season and that's impressive considering he went up against Tamba Hali last week. I hope David Wilson steps up tomorrow night and can break out a big run against the Panthers. All u heard was rave reviews about him all preseason.. Hes the real deal...

BlueSanta
09-20-2012, 03:12 AM
All u heard was rave reviews about him all preseason.. Hes the real deal... I am still a little confused as to why he was not a top 20 pick. He is 1 of those guys who was a "late mover" to the downside. I still never heard why exactly tho. I am coming to think that people who either move up or down the board at the last second are usually moving for bad reasons. It just seems like alot of the last second risers seem to underachive and a lot of the last second fallers seem to be overachievers.

Rat_bastich
09-20-2012, 03:39 AM
I am still a little confused as to why he was not a top 20 pick. He is 1 of those guys who was a "late mover" to the downside. I still never heard why exactly tho. I am coming to think that people who either move up or down the board at the last second are usually moving for bad reasons. It just seems like alot of the last second risers seem to underachive and a lot of the last second fallers seem to be overachievers.

I am starting to think that alot of draftniks like Mel Kiper and others get caught up in the hype of certain players too instead of looking for the consistency. I don't think they look at a player's whole body of work. Even from draftniks on the same network or in the same magazine you'll see statements about a player being a good run blocker but the next guy saying his weakness is run blocking.

Imgrate
09-20-2012, 04:35 AM
shoot, i even forgot about Justin Tryon as well.. Tryon is 5ft 9 180lbs.. B.Johnson has some height at 5ft 11in, but weights a meager 180lbs.. And then u got Hosely, whos really small and skinny.. I think they like Physical CB's for the mostpart(not saying they wont make exceptions), and alot of physical DB's end up being kinda biggish.. U don't agree with that redeye?Perry fewell was quoted last year saying that Tryon "doesn't have the size we typically look for"at the time tryon joined us and played last season. size is a big part of their evaluation of a player.

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Hey Redeye, Brandon Oliver RB Buff is on T.V tonight.. Going up against Kent St... Damn i missed it. Wanted to see Roosevelt Nix 2

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 11:05 AM
I am starting to think that alot of draftniks like Mel Kiper and others get caught up in the hype of certain players too instead of looking for the consistency. I don't think they look at a player's whole body of work. Even from draftniks on the same network or in the same magazine you'll see statements about a player being a good run blocker but the next guy saying his weakness is run blocking.Depends on what games they watched as well. I watch a lot of games but not every game. Its quite possible especially this early to just catch a player on a bad day. Also guys prejudice
's gets involved. Might like certain types of players schemes. A guy might like more zone coverage so a man corner he will rate lower. Just how it is

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 11:09 AM
The bills just drafted there 2nd monster sized CB in 2yr span with Gilmore and A.Williams, but it dosen't mean they won't draft a good CB because hes not big.. Hence Ron Brooks... Actually, i find it hard to believe we got bigger secondary then the bills...

What about the Steelers? Ike Taylor is 6ft 2inch, and Cortez Allen is 6ft 1in almost 200lbs..Keenan lewis is 6ft 208lbs.. Every one of those guys are bigger then our biggest CB.. Curtis Brown is 6ft almost a 190 as well..

Chargers got Quentin Jammer whos 6ft 204lb and Cason whos 6ft 1in 196lbs... Marcus Gilchrist is 5ft 10in 200lbs...etc

Are u sure we have the biggest CB's in the league? Secondary and Defense ,Last year and the year before they were . This year your probably right though . Without the injuries to Thomas and Amukmara Giants would of looked different though. Tryon wouldnt of made the team. U would of been left with Webster,Thomas ,Amukumara,Coe and Hosley

They still might have the tallest defense overall. Giants Defensive Line and Linebackers are really tall. If u took all the 11 starters plus the Nickel back if u add together and divide probably still have the tallest defense overall.Id be shocked if it didnt dwarf most teams Front 7's.

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Dude, they like physical db's.. If theres a physical DB that is smallish, they'll take em.. Hence why they signed Bruce Johnson as a UDF and Drafted Jayron Hosley..

Didn't they just draft Hosley? Hes the opitomy of a small CB... That pretty much prooves right there that they have absoulutley no problem adding a smaller CB... Again, they like Physical Corners, hence Terrell Thomas, Bruce Johnson, Jayron Hosley, Michael Coe, Corey Webster..etc Bruce Johnson was 5'11. As I said with Fewell here I dont think its a big deal anymore because they dont play as much press man. Hosley fits what Fewell likes to do with the off coverage and Zone he is great in those situations.Hosley might of been the best zone corner in the draft, plus he has fantastic ball skills.

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 12:03 PM
A couple guys to keep an eye on that im high on. Most scouts fawned over Sean Porter and I have continuously said that Damontre Moore is the better Texas A&M prospect. After having 72 tackles 8.5 sacks ,17 TFL , as the hybrid jack LB he has switched to DE in a 4-3 over front. So far 16 Tackles and 5 sacks though 2 games.
Jonathan Stewart A&M's MLB aint bad either. Probably plays SOLB in the NFL.
Dallas Thomas 1 of the best Left Tackles in the country "Watch the Tape" last year and was switched to Left Guard to get the 5 best guys on the field. 2 me that makes no sense at all but he is even better at LG. Might not have ideal LT measurements but every game i watch Dallas Thomas is just dominating people. Can handle speed rusher like Jarvis Jones and stonewalling athletic 3 techs like Shariff Floyd.

Lamarcus joyner FSU- A smaller built safety SS that 2 years ago I may of dismissed. I love the way he competes. He is constantly around the Football even if he isnt the 1 making the play. Teams will overlook him but he will make a roster.

2 Running Backs that I think are severely underrated but arent playing now because of injury Alfred Blue of LSU and Jalston Fowler of Alabama. Fowler looked like an elite FB prospect and they arent many of those. A guy that could give u 100 yards and plow the way as a lead blocker. 6'1 250 pounds with quick feet looked very special vs Michigan

Been watching a bunch of FLorida because of all the Defensive prospects and i really like there end/LB Lerentte Mccray. Benefiting from the 1 on 1 blocking he is saying. Not so many sacks but is causing pressure

BlueSanta
09-20-2012, 01:25 PM
If anything, I think the Giants have learned their lesson with regards to the big vs small CB issue. yes they like Big physical CBs, but you have to have a guy or 2 who is small and quick to cover the DeSean's and Welkers of the world. I believe that is why they drafted Hosley(aside from the fact that if he was not small and smoked pot at a bad time, he might have been the 1st CB taken) . Not so much to be the outside guy who has to cover a Dez Bryant, but to stay with the smaller quicker guys who have, in recent years, made big plays vs this defense when the offensive play breaks down and the QB has to improvise.

Another point I would make is that unlike a lot of other smaller CBs in college football, the VT coaches did not shy away from putting Hosley on any WR they faced, no matter his size. He was thier #1 corner, and he was gonna be on your #1 wr, despite the size difference. In my opinion, that allowed for easier study of Hosley gametape. The 1 problem you have with evaluating corners coming out, which makes it so hard to truly know their NFL value, is the difference in rules from college to the pros. Some of those big physical corners look amazing in college because they can get away with contact after 5 yards, which is allowed in CFB. But they get to the NFL and they are a penalty machine. I think Aqib Talib is a good example. He has not gotten used to the NFL rules and had the refs actually been on top of their game, Nicks may have forced the mercy rule on the Bucs. But, in a guy like Hosley, that consideration is NOT a factor because the lil guy needs to eat some big macs, who is he gonna push around out there? He did all his work with pure coverage skills. in my opinion, that actually made evaluating him easier than most.

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 03:16 PM
I am still a little confused as to why he was not a top 20 pick. He is 1 of those guys who was a "late mover" to the downside. I still never heard why exactly tho. I am coming to think that people who either move up or down the board at the last second are usually moving for bad reasons. It just seems like alot of the last second risers seem to underachive and a lot of the last second fallers seem to be overachievers. I have no idea.. U know the way the draft is, its just a crazy event that never goes exactly as u think.. Either way, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say Glenn is gonna be a multiple All Pro Lineman during his career, assuming he stays healthy

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Bruce Johnson was 5'11. As I said with Fewell here I dont think its a big deal anymore because they dont play as much press man. Hosley fits what Fewell likes to do with the off coverage and Zone he is great in those situations.Hosley might of been the best zone corner in the draft, plus he has fantastic ball skills. Ya i know Johnson is 5ft 10in, i was kinda going on his weight.. Hes pretty rail thin... Well i remember Coughlin i believe raving about the physicality of Hosley's play as well.. Hosley is mad physical for a guy his size.. I don't think they would ndraft a little CB that is all finesse, thats for sure.. TT had Saffety expierence and is known to mix it up against the run, and Bruce Johnson was a physical DB at the U..etc I just think they like guys who aren't afraid to mix it up on both run defense and obviously pass defense...

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 03:33 PM
If anything, I think the Giants have learned their lesson with regards to the big vs small CB issue. yes they like Big physical CBs, but you have to have a guy or 2 who is small and quick to cover the DeSean's and Welkers of the world. I believe that is why they drafted Hosley(aside from the fact that if he was not small and smoked pot at a bad time, he might have been the 1st CB taken) . Not so much to be the outside guy who has to cover a Dez Bryant, but to stay with the smaller quicker guys who have, in recent years, made big plays vs this defense when the offensive play breaks down and the QB has to improvise.

Another point I would make is that unlike a lot of other smaller CBs in college football, the VT coaches did not shy away from putting Hosley on any WR they faced, no matter his size. He was thier #1 corner, and he was gonna be on your #1 wr, despite the size difference. In my opinion, that allowed for easier study of Hosley gametape. The 1 problem you have with evaluating corners coming out, which makes it so hard to truly know their NFL value, is the difference in rules from college to the pros. Some of those big physical corners look amazing in college because they can get away with contact after 5 yards, which is allowed in CFB. But they get to the NFL and they are a penalty machine. I think Aqib Talib is a good example. He has not gotten used to the NFL rules and had the refs actually been on top of their game, Nicks may have forced the mercy rule on the Bucs. But, in a guy like Hosley, that consideration is NOT a factor because the lil guy needs to eat some big macs, who is he gonna push around out there? He did all his work with pure coverage skills. in my opinion, that actually made evaluating him easier than most. Ya, thats pretty much my point.. There not gonna pass on a CB that is very talented becasue of size.. Especially if that CB is physical with ball skills... Thats the only thing i'm saying..

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Secondary and Defense ,Last year and the year before they were . This year your probably right though . Without the injuries to Thomas and Amukmara Giants would of looked different though. Tryon wouldnt of made the team. U would of been left with Webster,Thomas ,Amukumara,Coe and Hosley

They still might have the tallest defense overall. Giants Defensive Line and Linebackers are really tall. If u took all the 11 starters plus the Nickel back if u add together and divide probably still have the tallest defense overall.Id be shocked if it didnt dwarf most teams Front 7's.

. Ya, i here ya.. But that stuff flip flops so much, i see it more as conincidence then anything else.. THey did draft Greg Jones, whos very short, and marvin austin is only about 6ft 2in..etc I just think if theres a value pick to be had or they fall in love with a player and there on the board, they'll take em, more so then holding themselves hostage to only half the prospects on yr to yr basis.. I bet that if they had there choice though, they'd most certainly perfer a 6ft 2inch 200lb Corner that can fly and cover and is physical and makes plays...

nycsportzfan
09-20-2012, 04:00 PM
A couple guys to keep an eye on that im high on. Most scouts fawned over Sean Porter and I have continuously said that Damontre Moore is the better Texas A&M prospect. After having 72 tackles 8.5 sacks ,17 TFL , as the hybrid jack LB he has switched to DE in a 4-3 over front. So far 16 Tackles and 5 sacks though 2 games.
Jonathan Stewart A&M's MLB aint bad either. Probably plays SOLB in the NFL.
Dallas Thomas 1 of the best Left Tackles in the country "Watch the Tape" last year and was switched to Left Guard to get the 5 best guys on the field. 2 me that makes no sense at all but he is even better at LG. Might not have ideal LT measurements but every game i watch Dallas Thomas is just dominating people. Can handle speed rusher like Jarvis Jones and stonewalling athletic 3 techs like Shariff Floyd.

Lamarcus joyner FSU- A smaller built safety SS that 2 years ago I may of dismissed. I love the way he competes. He is constantly around the Football even if he isnt the 1 making the play. Teams will overlook him but he will make a roster.

2 Running Backs that I think are severely underrated but arent playing now because of injury Alfred Blue of LSU and Jalston Fowler of Alabama. Fowler looked like an elite FB prospect and they arent many of those. A guy that could give u 100 yards and plow the way as a lead blocker. 6'1 250 pounds with quick feet looked very special vs Michigan

Been watching a bunch of FLorida because of all the Defensive prospects and i really like there end/LB Lerentte Mccray. Benefiting from the 1 on 1 blocking he is saying. Not so many sacks but is causing pressure Ya, Alfred Blue is a unit..

Redeyejedi
09-20-2012, 06:56 PM
Ya, i here ya.. But that stuff flip flops so much, i see it more as conincidence then anything else.. THey did draft Greg Jones, whos very short, and marvin austin is only about 6ft 2in..etc I just think if theres a value pick to be had or they fall in love with a player and there on the board, they'll take em, more so then holding themselves hostage to only half the prospects on yr to yr basis.. I bet that if they had there choice though, they'd most certainly perfer a 6ft 2inch 200lb Corner that can fly and cover and is physical and makes plays...LOL yeah who wouldnt

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 01:24 AM
LOL yeah who wouldnt Ya, i know..lol Thats pretty much what i mean though.. That they would perfer something but aren't holding themselves to anything..

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 01:35 AM
So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though.

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 06:00 AM
So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though. I think we'll no more as time goes on.. But the way we've found guys like Hixon and Cruz, were better off waiting till mid to late rds if were to add one at all.. We all ready invested a 1st rd(nicks), 3rd rd(jerny and barden), and 2nd rd(randle) in recent yrs, so were better off holding off, weather we lose Cruz or not.. I'd prefer to just give the guys we got a closer look, meaning Jerrnigan and Randle..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 07:55 AM
So at this rate, unless we get a great value pick, should we ignore WR for the 2013 draft? I think the draft picks we've spent there combined with Cruz's emergence make any more additions to the position sort of bloated. Guess it depends on if we keep or lose Cruz though.Bardens a FA and most likely will be playing somewhere else. Giants just dont have the money to keep him. They have Nicks and Cruz to take care of and have 2 high draft picks waiting in the wings. I dont think it would be a high pick but if the value presents himself do it. The more weapons for ELi the better. I dont think Nicks will ever have a season where he is completely healthy . He plays so physical and violent he will always have injuries

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 08:11 AM
I think we'll no more as time goes on.. But the way we've found guys like Hixon and Cruz, were better off waiting till mid to late rds if were to add one at all.. We all ready invested a 1st rd(nicks), 3rd rd(jerny and barden), and 2nd rd(randle) in recent yrs, so were better off holding off, weather we lose Cruz or not.. I'd prefer to just give the guys we got a closer look, meaning Jerrnigan and Randle.. How would U rank the importance of resigning of these 4
JPP,Nick, Joesph,Cruz

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 10:11 AM
How would U rank the importance of resigning of these 4
JPP,Nick, Joesph,CruzI'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

1. JPP- That is the only easy one, then it gets tough..

2. Hakeem Nicks- All though hes injury prone, he is just such a sensational talent and as good as cruz is, i still give Nicks the edge in the competiton to be called our best WR..

3. Linval Joseph- Space eaters that can apply some pressure are tough to find.. He makes life alot easier on our DE's and LB's for that matter.. He does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore..

4. Vic Cruz- I love em.. Everyone knows i expected em to make the team as a UDF.. Its just this list is hard to do and someone has to be at or near the bottom of the list..

5. Kenny Phillips

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 10:41 AM
JPP is probably the only one out of the bunch who is guaranteed to return. You don't let guys like JPP who can do everything at the position go away. Things get a little tough between Nicks and Cruz because all of us here are pretty smart and realize the odds of keeping them both are slim to none. The major factor here I feel will be how Reese views Nicks and his future mainly regarding his health. We have a history of letting DTs go and I can only hope someone like Kuhn steps up so we can let go of Canty instead. KP might come down to how good Will Hill plays as the season progresses but it's also possible (and more likely) that Rolle gets cut with his current level of play.

If veterans like Webster, Tuck, Rolle, etc. don't show up enough this season, we're going to have some serious cap room.

BlueSanta
09-21-2012, 11:02 AM
I'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

2. Hakeem Nicks- All though hes injury prone, he is just such a sensational talent and as good as cruz is, i still give Nicks the edge in the competiton to be called our best WR..

3. Linval Joseph- Space eaters that can apply some pressure are tough to find.. He makes life alot easier on our DE's and LB's for that matter.. He does so many things that don't show up in the boxscore..

4. Vic Cruz- I love em.. Everyone knows i expected em to make the team as a UDF.. Its just this list is hard to do and someone has to be at or near the bottom of the list..

5. Kenny Phillips

While I agree with that order, I think 1-4 will all be seriously pursued for resigning. So much so, that some other high priced players may be on the chopping block. Guys like Canty, Rolle, Diehl, and an outside chance of Tuck or Webster.

Furthermore, I would add that there are rumors that Chris Canty has been a bit quiet about exactly what procedure he had done to his knee this offseason. I am now starting to hear that he had mircofracture surgery, although he will niether confirm or deny. If that is the case, I do not think we can keep him here under his current contract.

This is the 1st offseason where Reese will have to make really hard choices.

I believe Joseph > Canty and yet Canty makes about 6 mil more. I believe the difference in Antrel Rolle and Will hill do not justify the near 7 mil difference in salary.

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm surprised u didn't throw Kenny Phillips in that list.. I'll put Kp on there for ya.. Boy i feel bad for Reese when looking at that up coming FA list.. Anyhow, heres how i'd go.

5. Kenny Phillips I would agree with this

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I really hope JPP doesnt put the screws to the Giants. Im sure they will have no problem paying him very well but if he makes demands like Revis we could have issues. Joesph I dont want to lose either. The guy is so underrated around the NFL by fans . I have a feeling coaches know who he is though

TheEnigma
09-21-2012, 12:32 PM
I really hope JPP doesnt put the screws to the Giants. Im sure they will have no problem paying him very well but if he makes demands like Revis we could have issues. Joesph I dont want to lose either. The guy is so underrated around the NFL by fans . I have a feeling coaches know who he is though

I'm sure Rivera was wishing he had Joseph on his team last night. So many teams out there could use a space eater with the skills Joseph possesses. We might have to grab another DT like Joseph in a year or two.

Imgrate
09-21-2012, 01:18 PM
Really think the David Wilson pick is going to haunt us for years. worthy Reyes branch and Glenn would have really gave us better options when cutting high costing vets and not having much of a dropoff in talent. and yes, I know I won't sit up about it.

juice33s
09-21-2012, 04:35 PM

5. Kenny Phillips
You, Redeye and BlueSanta are on crack for thinking Joseph is a higher priority then Cruz...Cruz is a true game changer/one of the best at his position while Joseph is merely a complimentary peice....I repeat, on .....crack

nycsportzfan
09-21-2012, 06:29 PM
JPP is probably the only one out of the bunch who is guaranteed to return. You don't let guys like JPP who can do everything at the position go away. Things get a little tough between Nicks and Cruz because all of us here are pretty smart and realize the odds of keeping them both are slim to none. The major factor here I feel will be how Reese views Nicks and his future mainly regarding his health. We have a history of letting DTs go and I can only hope someone like Kuhn steps up so we can let go of Canty instead. KP might come down to how good Will Hill plays as the season progresses but it's also possible (and more likely) that Rolle gets cut with his current level of play.

If veterans like Webster, Tuck, Rolle, etc. don't show up enough this season, we're going to have some serious cap room. Footballs designed to make u have to play some of ur young guys.. U can't have a entire team of Vets, because its to expensive.. People think we can't live with some of thos e guys, but thats what Reese and his team are in charge of, drafting guys who are good and can step in and play when eventually called upon..

I'd let Webster, Rolle, Diehl, Osi, and Bradshaw walk.. This may be the last yr for a big group of giants who been here for awhile, and its not that they totaly stink because obviously some of em are still really good, but u gotta do what u gotta do..

Redeyejedi
09-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Footballs designed to make u have to play some of ur young guys.. U can't have a entire team of Vets, because its to expensive.. People think we can't live with some of thos e guys, but thats what Reese and his team are in charge of, drafting guys who are good and can step in and play when eventually called upon..

I'd let Webster, Rolle, Diehl, Osi, and Bradshaw walk.. This may be the last yr for a big group of giants who been here for awhile, and its not that they totaly stink because obviously some of em are still really good, but u gotta do what u gotta do.. Thats about 20 million in free'd up space

BlueSanta
09-22-2012, 02:47 AM
I'd let Webster, Rolle, Diehl, Osi, and Bradshaw walk.. This may be the last yr for a big group of giants who been here for awhile, and its not that they totaly stink because obviously some of em are still really good, but u gotta do what u gotta do..

I would add Canty to that list. His $6.5 mil for 2013 is going to put a target on his back. Particularly since his knee surgery is strongly rumored to have been microfracture surgery, which is far more serious than he originally let on.

penguinfarmer
09-22-2012, 07:38 AM
I think Canty and Boley are first to go. I think there is a reason why neither were asked to restructure, which would only have made moving on from their contracts more difficult in the future. Both are valuable players, but with Boley in particular, there is some great depth behind him for better rates.

BlueSanta
09-22-2012, 12:21 PM
I think Canty and Boley are first to go. I think there is a reason why neither were asked to restructure, which would only have made moving on from their contracts more difficult in the future. Both are valuable players, but with Boley in particular, there is some great depth behind him for better rates.

I am not so sure about Boley. I think he stays.

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Thats about 20 million in free'd up space that helps.. THat should give u space for Nicks and JPP and maybe a 1yr deal for someone..

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 12:42 PM
U know a guy i was really high on who continues to sour me with dropped catches and silly mistakes is Josh Boyce.. I've seen him drop about 3or4 very easy catches in the past 2weeks and do a couple stupid things that lead to penalties.. I wonder if he started playing football later in life? It seems that way to me..

penguinfarmer
09-22-2012, 04:14 PM
I am not so sure about Boley. I think he stays.

I prefer Boley to stay, but if the cap becomes a precarious situation, you have to ask yourself who you wish to keep, or what losses are expendable. You potentially have 3 guys behind him at WILL.

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 04:16 PM
I tell ya what, Penn St's still got some solid players lingering around.. Mauti is a draftable LB, and watch out for this kid Allen Robinson WR.. Hes freaking awesome, all though only a SOPH... McGloin has really improved as welll...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 04:58 PM
Whats everyone think Sean Mannion QB Oregon St.' s stock will be when he comes out in a yr or 2? A big kid whos really doing well and making what everyone thought was gonna be awful yr for oregon st into a decent yr.. There destroying UCLA

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 05:01 PM
Marquees Wilson is a 1st rd talent.. If Aj Jenkins is going in the 1st, then Wilson better.. He reminds me alot of Brandon Lloyd...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 05:08 PM
Can't wait to watch Dion Jordan of Oregon tonight! Also looking forward to seeing Arizona QB Matt Scott.. I think hes gonna be a draftable kid and we could use a QB to develop, so i'm gonna be watching him closeley... I fell in love with Dion Jordan watching a tape Redeye put up..

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 05:23 PM
I feel this draft is kinda gonna be weak, of course Jrs coming out could help that some, but there is a ton of Sophmores and redshirt that are gonna make future drafts insane... The WR from PENN ST Allen Robinson, the CB from ARIZON Jared Tevis, Sean Mannion QB Oregon St, Javadeon Clowney DE S.Carolina...etc

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
U know whos a nasty WR? Connor Vernon of Duke.. That dude can ball.. I have a feeling he's getting drafted in the 4th-5th rd range come april.. Definetly got some Chris Givens in him...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 07:34 PM
Teddy Bridgewater is awesome.. He throws on the run with awesome accuracy, has great feet, zip on his passes...etc Hes the complete package minus some size.. I could see his future as a Raider or Jaguar(if they aren't sold on Gabbert)..

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 07:43 PM
This mettenberger dude su-cks.. A big mistake prone stiff...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:03 PM
jesus, LSU and LOUISVILLE both doing squat offensively against teams like Auburn and Fla Int..lol LSU looks dreadful.. It reminds me of another college team that just dosen't show up.. 2 Turnovers that were really sloppy, dropped passes...etc They certainly don't look like a team that can't be beat, i'll say that much.. There offense is so not scary with mettenberger as the QB..

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:05 PM
Does Louisville have anyone worth watching on defense? They su-ck on D...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:10 PM
hahaha.. LSU is annoying.. If u have no confidence in ur qb and hes a big stiff, why do u even have em in there? I mean, it makes no sense to me.. They contantly go for a RUn play on 3rd and 5 and get stuffed for like no yards.. Throw the ball man! Whats the point of this QB? mines well go get another mor mobile QB like Jordan Jefferson or something...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:12 PM
Charlie Strong once again with a no effort outta his team, just like 2nd half vs UNC last week.. That guy is definetly not a motivator.. Thats all the annoouncers keep talking about is how lazy LOUISVILLE is and how they are just lethargic and showing zero will...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:16 PM
Man, i can't stress enough how bad Zach Mettenberger is as a QB.. He is a flat out dud.. How can a team that can recruit like LSU always end up with AVG or below AVG QB's?

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:18 PM
Wow, Aubrn getting 1st downs at will.. Mingo and Montgomery are teh invisible men tonight...

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 08:24 PM
WHy would LSU not take a TO???Lol What is with these teams today? LSU has all 3 Timeouts with a 1min and a bunch of change and they just let AUB run the clock down for a FG attempt? Are u kidding me? Louisivlle looks like Slippery Rock, and Michigan St was utterly pathetic again.. College football can be so sloppy and mistake prone.. Its hard to enjoy sometimes...

Robz
09-22-2012, 08:40 PM
i was watching that south carolina game earlier, man oh man..that guy Sanders is SCARY

Redeyejedi
09-22-2012, 08:44 PM
I talk about this all the time but I hate how CFb schedules all the marquee games at night.Theres 5 games I want to watch right now

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I talk about this all the time but I hate how CFb schedules all the marquee games at night.Theres 5 games I want to watch right now Stay away from LSU..lol Awful football! I'll go out on limb right now and say they lose 2games this yr... There offense is just way to putrid....

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 09:47 PM
I'm done watching college football for a couple weeks.. What i've witnessed today in the game is just to much to deal with.. I mean the most basic, easiest catches ever dropped, and INTS that are like catching a punt with no one around dropped and horrendus coaching decisons and FG kicking It just gets old..

On back to back plays in the GA/VANDY game i watched a TE with no one with in 10yrds of him and the ball delivered perfectly drop it, and on the next play a INT right into a vandy players arms, dropped..lol Every game this happens about 10times..

To be hoenst the best most crisp footballl i've seen was at my buddys kids pop warner game this morning.. College footballis mad watered down...

I've watched players on Defense block there own players and seen guys go down I've seen defensive players knock eachother out when not even being in the play..etc I've never seen such embaressing football then this week..

What happened to football? Why are they so bad now?

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Jordan Rodgers is terrible...lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:05 PM
holy crap, anotehr dropped pass, a catch and then fumble, and a wideopen reciever that the QB missed by 10yrds..lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:05 PM
All right, i'm done with my venting guys..lol My bad!!!!lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:14 PM
U should here the announcers making fun of Syracuses head coach..lol THey flat out can't punch it in the endzone all game becasue of stupidity and horrible playcalling.. So now they get 1st and goal from the 3 and and they run to the 1, and then they throw a fade and get a pass interference call.. So what does idiot Marrone do??lol He throws a freaking pitch tha thas the RB getting the ball 5yrds behind the line of scrimmage and they lose 5yrds and then they throw a pick on 3rd and goal, there 3rd TO inside the 5 in the game..lol

Marrone has ran it on 3rd and 8 then got nothing and ran it again on 3rd and8 on same drive inside redzone at 18yrd line..lol What a freaking moron!!!lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:30 PM
Syracuse with 4turnovers inside the 30..lol Ugh!!!lol How in the world did they give USC hell?

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:47 PM
what a surprise, the Oregon game starts with a chip shot FG that hit the holder in the head...LMAO!!!! Yo, i could make 10 blooper tapes just today alone!! It hit the dude in the head!!!!!LOL HOLY CRAP!!!Lol Uhhh der!!!

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:49 PM
HAHAH, and 2plays later, a ridiculous fumble that bounced like 20feet in the air..lol Awesome!!!lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:50 PM
HAHAH, and 2plays later, a ridiculous fumble that bounced like 20feet in the air..lol Awesome!!!lolAnd what do we have on the very next play??? A horrible block in the back..lol

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:52 PM
And what do we have on the very next play??? A horrible block in the back..lol And on the next play? HOw about A Interception...LMAO!!! Yo, this is crazy!!! What a bunch of morons!!! There is no way this is possible!!!oo

nycsportzfan
09-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I dont even have to see anymore of Matt Scott, hes a dud in my book.. Theres all ready been a snapped ball off the holders head, and a horrible INT, and a laughable fumble in the first 6minutes..lol Scott's INT was maybe the dumbes pick i've ever seen..

nycsportzfan
09-23-2012, 09:40 PM
Ok, i'm better now..lol Lost 190smackers yesterday..lol Either way, i'm over it.. It was a really bad day though with just plain bad play..

Watching this Baltimore/NE game right now, it looks like Baltimore might of hit a Homerun with Courtney Upshaw.. Hes looked really explosive getting in the backfield to foil a double reverse(he tackled edelman 6yrd behind the line)..

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 03:46 AM
Doing my mock for this week.. I got us picking 29th overall, because i just love the way we've played but i'm not 100pct sold on this Oline or Secondary costing us just enough to not get us a 3rd ring in 6yrs.. Not saying we arent showing promise there, as guys like Hosley and Beatty are looking great, but i want to see alittle more consistency first before i got as far as to put us in the pick of the 30-32.. So anyhow, here we go..

1.Alex Okafor DE Texas- Were definetly losing OSI this offseason, and we haven't shown anything really behind Tuck, JPP, and OSI as of yet.. Ojomo nor Tracy has played or played impactfully yet.. Okafor seems to be the perfect replacement for OSI , and would be welcomed additon opposite JPP for next decade..

2. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kids absoulutley the real deal. With Bennett having such a monster yr, i could see someone really paying big dollars for him, and if they do, we got quite a few other prioritys to contend with, then to worry about giving a TE whos been good for 1yr a really big deal.. Fauria is big and strong and a complete TE with good hands and redzone capabilities..

3.Leon Mcfadden CB San Diego St- Kinda one of my under the radar players.. Hes got solid size/speed combonation and above avg ball skills.. Hes off to a pretty solid start with picks in back to back games .. I also seen him explode to teh line to make nice one on one tackles in the run game as well.. And i think we'll be in the mix for antoher corner to pair with Prince and Hosley as the future CB's of this team.. TT's injury makes that almost a priority..

4. Graham Pocic C/G Illinois- I've spoke about em before, hes got great size and could be our G untill Baas eventually is gone, or we could posisbly cut Baas for cap space(hes having a good yr), and go with him at C as a rook.. Either way hes tough as nails and would be welcomed additon to interior of oline..

5. Earl Wolff SS Nc St- I don't care, this kids a leader and heck of a ballplayer.. I was so impressed with his play against UCONN a couple weeks ago , as he was in every play it seemed and he he not only made a pick but almost came away with another one and i could see him being a demon on ST's.. Very underrated player, as far as Rankings seem to go around the web.. I think 5th rd is perfect for this kid...

6. Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida- If this is to be blackburns last yr with us as hes a FA after the yr, we could bring in antoher MLB with a late pick to challenge Herzlich as the MLB of the future and for depth.. Bostic is a good player having a good season..

7. T.J Moe WR Mizzo- If we are to lose Cruz, i'm fine going with young kids, but maybe take a shot on another late rd type pick and see what happens.. Moe has good speed and and would seemingly be a good selection to do some of the things Victor does for us..

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 02:17 PM
I dont even have to see anymore of Matt Scott, hes a dud in my book.. Theres all ready been a snapped ball off the holders head, and a horrible INT, and a laughable fumble in the first 6minutes..lol Scott's INT was maybe the dumbes pick i've ever seen..Everyone was telling me how great he was. watched the game he embarrassed himself

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Everyone was telling me how great he was. watched the game he embarrassed himself Oh he totally played like a clown.. it was crazy!

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Landry Jones failed another test as well.. He did nothing that impressive at all against Kan St..

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 02:47 PM
Landry Jones failed another test as well.. He did nothing that impressive at all against Kan St..LOL At least It wasnt as bad as the Oklahoma State game

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 02:48 PM
The QB play of the top guys has been pretty bad.Geno Smith has been the only 1 consistently good so far

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 03:24 PM
The QB play of the top guys has been pretty bad.Geno Smith has been the only 1 consistently good so far Its been pretty bad this yr with mental mistakes and simply fundamentals.. I really haden't noticed yet, because i really haden't gambled much untill this past weekend, so i really got to watch games from as low as Harvard/Brown to Louisvielle/Fla Int, to Ok/ Kan St/ To Col/Wash St, to Syr/Minn..etc I coulden't believe some of the things i was witnessing..

I swear to god, the most complete fundamentally strong game i watched this past college weekend was HARVARD VS BROWN.. THere were no stupid drops, and ridiculously bad penalties, and turnovers that make u wonder how?, and the refs were right on point, and if a guy was wideopen 7yrds away the ball was delivered in between the numbers..etc

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 03:31 PM
The QB play of the top guys has been pretty bad.Geno Smith has been the only 1 consistently good so farYa, Geno's been brilliant.. I really think hes been the best QB in the country by far.. I thought Matt Barkley was gonna be so much more poised and fundamentaly strong this yr, and hes kinda shown some question marks..

If i'm picking 1st overall, i think i go with Geno Smith.. If Landry Jones goes in the 1st rd, the team that picks him needs to have there head examined.. Teddy Bridgewater is really good but even he showed chinks in the armor against a very weak opponet this past weekend.. He got totally baited by a deep saftey on a long pass at one point, that was really great on the S's part, but very bad on Teddy's part.. TO complete barley over 50pct against Fla Int is kinda embaressing.. Teddys a good one, but he definetly got a ways to go...

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 04:46 PM
Im kind of worried what Ive seen from the Giants pass rush this year.The way Tuck and Osi are playing I think we may have to draft a DE in the first round

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 05:08 PM
Im kind of worried what Ive seen from the Giants pass rush this year.The way Tuck and Osi are playing I think we may have to draft a DE in the first round Ya, thats why i've been putting Okafor there the past couple weeks instead of Chance Warmack.. Even Kawaan Short would probably be ahead of Warmack on this day for me... Those are the 3 i'm most hoping for as of today.. All though a CB like Jonathan Banks also would be intriguing if we decide to part ways with Corey Webster, whos plays been sporadic at best this season... My top 5 Big Board for us would be.

1.Alex Okafor DE Texas

2. Kawaan Short DT Purdue

3. Chance Warmack G Alabama

4. Jonathan Banks CB Miss St.

5. Kenny Vaccaro SS Texas ( i love this kid a ton!)

Hon Mention- Brennan Williams OT UNC, Oday Aboushi OT Virginia(hes been looking really good past couple wk's), Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin

I love Barrett Jones but i think were gonna have to trade up to get him if we want him..

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 05:43 PM
Hey Redeye, whats the deal with this Duke Williams S Nevada kid? I've been hereing all sorts of good stuff about em.. See hes in the early 2nd range on some boards..

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 05:53 PM
Most excited i've been about a game in a very long time time.. Week after next, Stanford @ Notre Dame!! Most know i'm a irish and umass fan, and my irish are kicking butt right now and i can't wait to see if they can beat the Cardnial! Prospect wise, the game will be great with Te'o, Ertz, S.taylor, Z.Motta, Eifert, Cierre Wood, Braxston Cave, Shayne Skov, Chase Thomas, Prince Shembo, but overall it should have 2undefeated teams who could be playing for a big bowl game at the end of the season..

nycsportzfan
09-24-2012, 06:12 PM
I was thinking, we should do a fun competiton which i've seen done with Tennis matches, where u pick 10-15 bigger games and pick the winners, and who ever gets the most right, wins.. Its just for fun of course, and u get a 1point per week if u win the comp, and u keep track throughout the weeks.. if theres a tie, u both get the 1pt.. U get zero if u lose obviously.. I will throw in one game that is alittle lower level type that can help break ties and what not, and keep us intersted in other games outside top games
If ur intersted i'll start..
GAME / WINNER
STANFORD @ WASHINGTON - STANFORD
TENNESEE @ GEORGIA- GEORGIA
VIRGINIA TECH @ CINCY- CINCY
OHIO ST @ MICHIGAN ST.- MICHIGAN ST.
TEXAS @ OKLAHOMA ST.- TEXAS
WISCONSIN @ NEBRASKA- NEBRASKA
OREGON ST @ ARIZONA- OREGON ST
ARIZONA ST @ CALIFORNIA- ARIZONA ST.
NC STATE @ MIAMI- MIAMI
BAYLOR @ W.VIRGINIA- W.VIRGINIA
LOUISIANA TECH @ VIRGINIA- L.TECH

Redeyejedi
09-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Doing my mock for this week.. I got us picking 29th overall, because i just love the way we've played but i'm not 100pct sold on this Oline or Secondary costing us just enough to not get us a 3rd ring in 6yrs.. Not saying we arent showing promise there, as guys like Hosley and Beatty are looking great, but i want to see alittle more consistency first before i got as far as to put us in the pick of the 30-32.. So anyhow, here we go..

1.Alex Okafor DE Texas- Were definetly losing OSI this offseason, and we haven't shown anything really behind Tuck, JPP, and OSI as of yet.. Ojomo nor Tracy has played or played impactfully yet.. Okafor seems to be the perfect replacement for OSI , and would be welcomed additon opposite JPP for next decade..

2. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kids absoulutley the real deal. With Bennett having such a monster yr, i could see someone really paying big dollars for him, and if they do, we got quite a few other prioritys to contend with, then to worry about giving a TE whos been good for 1yr a really big deal.. Fauria is big and strong and a complete TE with good hands and redzone capabilities..

3.Leon Mcfadden CB San Diego St- Kinda one of my under the radar players.. Hes got solid size/speed combonation and above avg ball skills.. Hes off to a pretty solid start with picks in back to back games .. I also seen him explode to teh line to make nice one on one tackles in the run game as well.. And i think we'll be in the mix for antoher corner to pair with Prince and Hosley as the future CB's of this team.. TT's injury makes that almost a priority..

4. Graham Pocic C/G Illinois- I've spoke about em before, hes got great size and could be our G untill Baas eventually is gone, or we could posisbly cut Baas for cap space(hes having a good yr), and go with him at C as a rook.. Either way hes tough as nails and would be welcomed additon to interior of oline..

5. Earl Wolff SS Nc St- I don't care, this kids a leader and heck of a ballplayer.. I was so impressed with his play against UCONN a couple weeks ago , as he was in every play it seemed and he he not only made a pick but almost came away with another one and i could see him being a demon on ST's.. Very underrated player, as far as Rankings seem to go around the web.. I think 5th rd is perfect for this kid...

6. Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida- If this is to be blackburns last yr with us as hes a FA after the yr, we could bring in antoher MLB with a late pick to challenge Herzlich as the MLB of the future and for depth.. Bostic is a good player having a good season..

7. T.J Moe WR Mizzo- If we are to lose Cruz, i'm fine going with young kids, but maybe take a shot on another late rd type pick and see what happens.. Moe has good speed and and would seemingly be a good selection to do some of the things Victor does for us..
Alex Okafor vs Ole Miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8xNaqN6bc&feature=g-all-u

nycsportzfan
09-25-2012, 06:20 AM
Alex Okafor vs Ole Miss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sk8xNaqN6bc&feature=g-all-u Okafor very impressive.. I watched alot of this game, so i seen alot of his play in this one.. Could u do a tape of Graham Pocic if possible? Also, if u get a chance, i'd love to see Leon McFadden..

nycsportzfan
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM
U can tell this kid would be awseome with ELI if were unable to retain bennett longterm..

Joe Fauria 2 TDs against Colorado HD - YouTube

► 1:39 www.youtube.com/watch?v=POm93umIIlQ
Nov 21, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by puntingiswinning
Joseph Fauria ...

Redeyejedi
09-25-2012, 07:36 AM
U can tell this kid would be awseome with ELI if were unable to retain bennett longterm..

Joe Fauria 2 TDs against Colorado HD - YouTube

► 1:39 www.youtube.com/watch?v=POm93umIIlQ
Nov 21, 2011 - 2 min - Uploaded by puntingiswinning
Joseph Fauria ...A few of his games are up I know because I went to cut them and theywere already up

Redeyejedi
09-25-2012, 07:56 AM
Hey Redeye, whats the deal with this Duke Williams S Nevada kid? I've been hereing all sorts of good stuff about em.. See hes in the early 2nd range on some boards..Havent seen Nevada play this year yet. Dont have much of the 2011 footage either. A lot of these guys I might not see until the offseason.Right now Im so busy trying to keep the cut ups current to the week

nycsportzfan
09-25-2012, 06:31 PM
A few of his games are up I know because I went to cut them and theywere already up Ya, i watched Fauria vs stanford, and came away impressed as well... Hes definetly the real deal...

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 07:34 AM
Most excited i've been about a game in a very long time time.. Week after next, Stanford @ Notre Dame!! Most know i'm a irish and umass fan, and my irish are kicking butt right now and i can't wait to see if they can beat the Cardnial! Prospect wise, the game will be great with Te'o, Ertz, S.taylor, Z.Motta, Eifert, Cierre Wood, Braxston Cave, Shayne Skov, Chase Thomas, Prince Shembo, but overall it should have 2undefeated teams who could be playing for a big bowl game at the end of the season..See if the Irish are for real in that game.They win that 1, good shot at a BCS Bowl. ND's defense is real good the QB situation is awful though.
I look at CFB right now and I basically think who can beat Alabama? If Alabama plays well I dont think anybody can beat them. If they play average LSU and Oregon have a shot. Anybody else would need for Alabama to turn the ball over multiple times and they would have to play unbelievable no mistakes and even then the list is short

I was talking to Slip about the Giants DE's we both are thinking theres a chance that Tuck,Osi and Kiwi could all be gone in the next 2 years. I dont know what U think but Justin Tuck doesnt look like a great player anymore and im not sure he will ever be consistently good again. I think he could retire after next season. Osi probably wont be brought back because of money. I think we have to get another DE in here now. We need another edge rusher bad. Giants ends are good at playing the run but we need another guy that can line up wide and take the corner. If Osi cant do that Giants will have trouble winning another Super Bowl this year

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 02:07 PM
I was talking about this with Slip on Twitter how the Giants Beat writers on Draft day said Cordy Glenn was the highest guy on the Giants board.It still doesnt make sense why they passed.He had everything the Giants look for. He had elite size and athletic ability coming from the SEC. Im not sure what else U could ask for. He has played so well in Buffalo I know u agree Sportzfan the Giants might of made a big mistake passing on him. Slip mentioned his back ,maybe his medical didnt check out . Thats the only reason i could see

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 02:10 PM
See if the Irish are for real in that game.They win that 1, good shot at a BCS Bowl. ND's defense is real good the QB situation is awful though.
I look at CFB right now and I basically think who can beat Alabama? If Alabama plays well I dont think anybody can beat them. If they play average LSU and Oregon have a shot. Anybody else would need for Alabama to turn the ball over multiple times and they would have to play unbelievable no mistakes and even then the list is short

I was talking to Slip about the Giants DE's we both are thinking theres a chance that Tuck,Osi and Kiwi could all be gone in the next 2 years. I dont know what U think but Justin Tuck doesnt look like a great player anymore and im not sure he will ever be consistently good again. I think he could retire after next season. Osi probably wont be brought back because of money. I think we have to get another DE in here now. We need another edge rusher bad. Giants ends are good at playing the run but we need another guy that can line up wide and take the corner. If Osi cant do that Giants will have trouble winning another Super Bowl this year Well u know how i feel because i have been mocking Alex Okafor to us for pretty much that reason.. I don't think its that deep of a 4/3 END draft either... I dont want anything to do with Willie Gholston...

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 02:12 PM
I was talking about this with Slip on Twitter how the Giants Beat writers on Draft day said Cordy Glenn was the highest guy on the Giants board.It still doesnt make sense why they passed.He had everything the Giants look for. He had elite size and athletic ability coming from the SEC. Im not sure what else U could ask for. He has played so well in Buffalo I know u agree Sportzfan the Giants might of made a big mistake passing on him. Slip mentioned his back ,maybe his medical didnt check out . Thats the only reason i could see

Ugh, don't keep reminding me. Even if the Giants didn't place him at LT going with the more experienced Beatty, he still would make a hell of a guard or RT. We'll just have to see how this Andre Brown situation works out to make a final judgement on Wilson for the next few years.

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 02:14 PM
I was talking about this with Slip on Twitter how the Giants Beat writers on Draft day said Cordy Glenn was the highest guy on the Giants board.It still doesnt make sense why they passed.He had everything the Giants look for. He had elite size and athletic ability coming from the SEC. Im not sure what else U could ask for. He has played so well in Buffalo I know u agree Sportzfan the Giants might of made a big mistake passing on him. Slip mentioned his back ,maybe his medical didnt check out . Thats the only reason i could see Heck ya i agree... I thought GLenn offered the most value.. Hes been sensational for buffalo! People wonder why i wasent happy with most our picks this past yr.. Pfft!!!lol

Glenn would of been a fairly easy pick in my eyes.. There was still a ton of backs on the board, and even if ur worried about the run on RB's, u have seen what u can do with backs like Derrick Ward and Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs, if u have a good Oline blasting open holes for ya... Either way, at least Andre Brown is looking like a beast, and that 09 draft class i raved about looks better and better..

Redeyejedi
09-26-2012, 02:16 PM
What do u guys think of this DT Sheldon Richardson. Undersized but runs like a frickin LB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-Zfc5I-P8&feature=player_embedded

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 02:17 PM
See if the Irish are for real in that game.They win that 1, good shot at a BCS Bowl. ND's defense is real good the QB situation is awful though.

I was talking to Slip about the Giants DE's we both are thinking theres a chance that Tuck,Osi and Kiwi could all be gone in the next 2 years. I dont know what U think but Justin Tuck doesnt look like a great player anymore and im not sure he will ever be consistently good again. I think he could retire after next season. Osi probably wont be brought back because of money. I think we have to get another DE in here now. We need another edge rusher bad. Giants ends are good at playing the run but we need another guy that can line up wide and take the corner. If Osi cant do that Giants will have trouble winning another Super Bowl this year Your right about the irish QB situation, all though i think Tommy Rees is alittle better then the Freshman rifght now.. Rees gives Eifert better chance at being a quality player as well, just because hes obviously a better more refined passer..

Cierre Wood hasent really taken off yet, and once he gets going, the pass offense should open up a bit more.. The thing is outside of Eifert, they don't have a elite pass catcher on the club either.. So, i dont' nessecarily expect the offense to become Oregon or anything, but i could see a bit of improvement the moer Cierre Wood gets into his groove, and kinda keeps defenses honest...

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 02:22 PM
What do u guys think of this DT Sheldon Richardson. Undersized but runs like a frickin LB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM-Zfc5I-P8&feature=player_embedded Ya not bad at all.. Kinda gave up on a few plays which i didn't like, but he certainly can move..

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 02:27 PM
Walter is really annoying me by mocking us a QB in the 3rd round. Eli is only 31 years old and there's just no way we keep a QB on the roster to sit behind our stud for 5+ years. It needs to be changed to a CB or another OL.

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 02:32 PM
Walter is really annoying me by mocking us a QB in the 3rd round. Eli is only 31 years old and there's just no way we keep a QB on the roster to sit behind our stud for 5+ years. It needs to be changed to a CB or another OL. If u look at the comment section, i was all over em for that!!!lol I kept telling him to mock Michael Mauti or Rod Sweeting or someone like that, but he mocked freakaing Mike Glennon..lol I'm like, "dude Eli plays every down of every yr basically"..lol

Mind u, i have no problem drafting a QB or 2 in the midish to late rds, becasue u never know, but its to early with all the FA's we have, and positons were gonna have to fill to go LUXURY pick, with a QB...

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 02:39 PM
If u look at the comment section, i was all over em for that!!!lol I kept telling him to mock Michael Mauti or Rod Sweeting or someone like that, but he mocked freakaing Mike Glennon..lol I'm like, "dude Eli plays every down of every yr basically"..lol

Mind u, i have no problem drafting a QB or 2 in the midish to late rds, becasue u never know, but its to early with all the FA's we have, and positons were gonna have to fill to go LUXURY pick, with a QB...

Even Alvin Bailey as a late 3rd would be someone I would prefer over a QB. The Giants aren't really a QB factory like the Packers, Eagles, or Patriots to turn backups into potential future 1st or 2nd rounders. If we were to try something like that, it would need to be a 6th or 7th rounder imo.

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 03:01 PM
Even Alvin Bailey as a late 3rd would be someone I would prefer over a QB. The Giants aren't really a QB factory like the Packers, Eagles, or Patriots to turn backups into potential future 1st or 2nd rounders. If we were to try something like that, it would need to be a 6th or 7th rounder imo. Ya, i'm all for drafting a Brad Sorensen in the 6th-7th rd area, or something like that, but no way in the first 4 rds, can we afford to go QB.. This yr especially, more then others! I didn't really care for him mocking us TJ McDonald over Alex Okafor either.. With OSI all but gone, and TUCK yet another yr older, and having seen nothing outta OJOMO and TRACY yet, we really are gonna need to get another PASS RUSHER in here, asap.. Okafor makes a ton of sense if hes still on the board late 1st, assuming we pick there..

I woulden't even be against trading up for another pass rusher like Jackson Jeffcoat, if thats who they like.. Sure, we are gonna need a S, but this teams built on pass rush..

nycsportzfan
09-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Even Alvin Bailey as a late 3rd would be someone I would prefer over a QB. The Giants aren't really a QB factory like the Packers, Eagles, or Patriots to turn backups into potential future 1st or 2nd rounders. If we were to try something like that, it would need to be a 6th or 7th rounder imo. Alvin Baily makes more sense then Glennon, i agree..

TheEnigma
09-26-2012, 03:14 PM
Ya, i'm all for drafting a Brad Sorensen in the 6th-7th rd area, or something like that, but no way in the first 4 rds, can we afford to go QB.. This yr especially, more then others! I didn't really care for him mocking us TJ McDonald over Alex Okafor either.. With OSI all but gone, and TUCK yet another yr older, and having seen nothing outta OJOMO and TRACY yet, we really are gonna need to get another PASS RUSHER in here, asap.. Okafor makes a ton of sense if hes still on the board late 1st, assuming we pick there..

I woulden't even be against trading up for another pass rusher like Jackson Jeffcoat, if thats who they like.. Sure, we are gonna need a S, but this teams built on pass rush..

I could live with McDonald but I agree with you on the DE depth, especially at the strongside. Ojomo and Tracy seem more naturally fitted for the weakside but there's no way in hell they take that spot from JPP lol. I feel pretty good with depth at Safety with Will Hill and Stevie Brown.

BlueSanta
09-26-2012, 07:57 PM
I could live with McDonald but I agree with you on the DE depth, especially at the strongside. Ojomo and Tracy seem more naturally fitted for the weakside but there's no way in hell they take that spot from JPP lol. I feel pretty good with depth at Safety with Will Hill and Stevie Brown.

Tracy spent a lot of his time in the preseason on Tuck's side. He thrived there in fact garnering most of his pressure from that side.

But, I still do not trust him as a LDE until I can see him keep contain against the run. It is paramount for a LDE.

Btw, Tuck is not really a "strong side" DE. He is just a LDE. He does not move around based on the offensive formation. However, it is a common term for LDE since most QBs are right handed and therefor most offenses favor the defenses left side, so you arent wrong to use it. I just thought it was worth clarifying.

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:01 AM
wow, Stanford beat USC??lol Another game, where its hard to watch as all u see is dropped passes, including about 4for WASH and 3by STAN that would make u wonder how the players are at bigimte college programs.. Ty Montgomery made 2drops that my unborn child could make with his/her hands tied behind his/her back..lol

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:11 AM
wow, Stanford beat USC??lol Another game, where its hard to watch as all u see is dropped passes, including about 4for WASH and 3by STAN that would make u wonder how the players are at bigimte college programs.. mTy Montgomery made 2drops that my unborn child could make with his/her hands tied behind his/her back..lol Ty Montgomery just dropped the go ahead TD...LOL OMG! Stop being so encouraging man! They go over to the kid and act like its ok.. hence why he keeps dropping balls left and right like a bafoon.. I'd be all over him, challenging him to not be a bum! Remind me never ever ever mention Ty Montgomery as a possibly UDF or anything.. He gives the term Butterfingers a whole nother meaning..lol Hes horrible!!!

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:13 AM
Ty Mont-loser has pretty much cost em a game.. God some of these idiots are lucky i'm not there teammate.. I would not be Ok with the type of drops he continues to have in such a big game.. I woulden't keep giving him chances either.. Theres another kid sitting on the pine why that bafoon is dropping balls left and right...

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:16 AM
Last play of the game for Stanford, and they do what teams do way to much and throw a crazy High arcing lofty pass which is so difficult to complete.. All u have to do is run alittle slant or roll out maybe u get the first with ur feet..etc I'm so sick of coaches calling these super difficult plays.. Why do they think that is such a good play call? Give me a break!

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Ok, i've seen it all now! This moron Ben Gardner jumps offsides on 3rd and 5 like a tool and gives Stanford no chance to get ball back..lol I thought these kids at Stanford were smart??lol Holy crap!

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Another college game in the books, and anotehr game where its decided on horrible play.. Ty Montgomery's butterfingers and playcalling by coaching staff and the moron Ben Gardner jumping offsides on 3rd and 4 decided the game.. There is not one thing that Washington did well in that game.. Nothing.. They should of lost by double digits and somehow they WON the game..lol Thank god i didn't bet on this one!

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 01:05 AM
LSU dismantled Washington cant believe Stanford lost to them

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 05:37 AM
LSU dismantled Washington cant believe Stanford lost to them I give up trying to figure out whats what in college and pro football for that matter.. It always comes down to what guys don't make the bigger goof ups.. Growing up, i never recalled such bad fundamentals.. A big drop was something that was talked about for about a week..lol Now u get 6or7 drops a game, with 5of em being just a pitch and catch that miracuouslly get dropped.

Then u go to the Pros, and u got the ravens who put up 30plus on NE 5days ago, and last night they muster only 16pts by there offense? The bills sce ored more in Clevland with there offense then the ravens did in there home park.. The bills game was more of a laugher then the baltimore game was.. Shoot, Cle was one 16yard pass away from tying the game with the last play of the game.. I give up trying to figure teams out.. Every week, u just never know anymore...

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 06:15 AM
I was really intrigued by Amini Silatolu last yr, and i'm always looking for small school kids like Adrien Tracy(loved em coming out), and Arthur Moats, and Ramon Harewood, and etc..etc.. This yr, the kid thats got my attention is GLENVILLE ST's OT MARK JACKSON.. Hes a monster of a man at 6ft 5in 332LB's, and is very athetlic for his size.. Heres a article about em, and it mentions him catching a OT screen pass and running it in from 17yards out. Pretty cool! Sounds like a really good kid as well.. Def someone to keep a eye on..

NFL Prospect Interviews - Mark Jackson, Glenville State , T
college2pro.com/showPlayer.php?id=14&page=bioList - Cached

Redeyejedi
09-28-2012, 07:23 AM
Another college game in the books, and anotehr game where its decided on horrible play.. Ty Montgomery's butterfingers and playcalling by coaching staff and the moron Ben Gardner jumping offsides on 3rd and 4 decided the game.. There is not one thing that Washington did well in that game.. Nothing.. They should of lost by double digits and somehow they WON the game..lol Thank god i didn't bet on this one!It seems like the margin between the teams is so small its whoever decides to play harder that day who wins

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
It seems like the margin between the teams is so small its whoever decides to play harder that day who wins I really feel as yrs go by, discipline is getting farther away in society as well as sports.. Theres no respect anymore.. Guys get off the hook for like everything, so there fore theres no feeling of real remorse for dropping a 10yrd pitch and catch pass with no one around ya.. I think the play we see on the field being less has to do more with society as a whole, then just sports.. I'm serious, its bad! The mistakes i see daily are just unspeakable in sports nowadays.. And everytime someone does something horrible, they don't have anyone demanding they be better, but guys just patting em on the butt saying "ah, you'll get em next time"..lol I'm not even that old(31), but i feel old because i feel i used to watch teams play much more fundamentally strong and with more poise and less stupid mistakes..

If i was Ty Montgomery, i woulden't be able to get outta bed for like 2days after the cr-ap i did to my team yesterday.. I'll bet hes out laughing and hanging with friends with all his teammates just shrugging off his drops like its no big deal.. First off, it cost them a chance at a major bowl, because bottom line is u lost to freaking Washington, who was flat out dreadful last night.. U managed to take that awesome win VS USC and put it outta the minds of pretty much everyone.. Now it seems to me they just got a flukey win VS USC, and the true Stanford team is just slightly better then AVG...

nycsportzfan
09-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Zach Ertz is a beast by the way!

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:05 PM
Ej Manuel su-cks..lol what a useless QB.. All he can do is drop balls off like 3-5yrds downfield, and his Run game is pathetic for a supposed athletic QB of his size.. I wouldent' draft em in the first 5rounds personally.. I gurantee he dosen't start in this league.. Andre Woodson Kentucky was a better prospect then Manuel, and he went in the 6th and never made a dent as a pro..

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:08 PM
There talking about a hangover for FLA ST because of there big game against clemson.. What a joke! Thats the excuse u here like 10times a week nowadays..lol U don't come out and play becuase of ur big game against clemson last week???lol Hahahah! Give me a break, its not exactly the orange bowl or something! PLay!!!

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:13 PM
Ej Manuel su-cks..lol what a useless QB.. All he can do is drop balls off like 3-5yrds downfield, and his Run game is pathetic for a supposed athletic QB of his size.. I wouldent' draft em in the first 5rounds personally.. I gurantee he dosen't start in this league.. Andre Woodson Kentucky was a better prospect then Manuel, and he went in the 6th and never made a dent as a pro.. Ok, i was alittle harsh.. Its more his offensive corrdinater not letting him do much.. He finally got a shot to go downfield and put a dart on his wr for 32yrd gain..

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:20 PM
I'm liking this Everett Dawkins DT Fla St kid.. Big and strong, shows solid anticipation...

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:22 PM
If the giants have a chance to get Xavier Rhodes CB Fla St and it takes trading up to do it, i'm doing it! This kids the real freaking deal! Big kid who has wheels and can pick it..etc If he falls into the early teens, i'm trading up to get em!

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 08:54 PM
The LT for FSU is so stupid..lol On back to back plays he has a false start(horrendus one, had no clue what the snap count was..), and then he had no one to block but the outside pass rusher, and dont' even ask me how to explain what he did, because i still don't know..lol Dude isn't to bright, thats for sure...

nycsportzfan
09-29-2012, 10:30 PM
What happened to Matt Scott QB Arizona? Did he totally regress because of that Oregon game? Oregon St is solid defensively, but a good QB comes out and makes a statement after the joke of a game Scott had last week.. He keeps throwing up duds and he'll find himself not drafted..

I wonder if some of these borderline prospects realize how important the game after a DUD is to there chances of getting drafted? Its early yet, but hes been pretty shaky..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 12:11 AM
What happened to Matt Scott QB Arizona? Did he totally regress because of that Oregon game? Oregon St is solid defensively, but a good QB comes out and makes a statement after the joke of a game Scott had last week.. He keeps throwing up duds and he'll find himself not drafted..

I wonder if some of these borderline prospects realize how important the game after a DUD is to there chances of getting drafted? Its early yet, but hes been pretty shaky.. Matt Scott is balling now! Took em awhile, but its clicking, finally! After being down 17-0, hes got his team back in it at 17-14.. He has made some really sharp, accurate strikes in this comeback effort..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 12:13 AM
I also like this Austin Hill WR Arizona kid.. Hes only a Sophmore, but hes really big, and agressive, and can make the tough catch.. He gets alot of looks from M.Scott, and comes down with quite a few... Just made a great TD catch with defender draped all over em on alittle slant from 4yrds out..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 12:17 AM
Holy Crap, Arizona looks completely diffrent in this 2nd half, and Matt Scott has his Mojo back! Again, Aaron Hill is pretty freaking good!

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Holy Crap, Arizona looks completely diffrent in this 2nd half, and Matt Scott has his Mojo back! Again, Aaron Hill is pretty freaking good! After awesome INT for Jordan Poyer, ORG ST regained lead after Zona took it, and then Matt Scott made awesome 18yrd fade throw to Dan Buckner right on the money! Matt Scott is certainly back after last weeks performance..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Markus Wheaton is the real deal.. That dude is flat out burner.. I could see a team going earlier then hes projected similar to bills taking tj graham last yr.. The kids been burning Arz DB's by like 5yrds downfield all game.. Of course Tevis is out for Zona and has been most of the game.. Tevis is really good...

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm kinda getting the idea that this yrs crop of prospects is really deep in the secondary, both S and CB... Theres a ton of Corners and Safteys that i really like..
CB's
Jonathan Banks miss st
Demarcus Milliner bama
jordan poyer oregon st.
carrington byndom texas
dave amerson nc state
Xavier Rhodes fla st- this is my guy right here.. I think hes the best CB prospect in the country ahead of amerson and milliner and banks..
johnny adams mich st
micah hyde iowa- one of my fave's outside the top of the crop
leon mcfadden san diego st.- not really a sleeper, but undervalued a bit
terry hawthorne illinois- i like this kid alot
desmond trufant- huge in win vs stanford

safteys
eric reid lsu
tony jefferson oklahoma
kenny vaccaro texas- one of my faves, and my 2nd rated S in my personal rankings
tj mcdonald usc
matt elam florida- one of my faves..
robert lester bama
baccari rambo gerorgia- i feel hes got 1st rd talent but most have em going in rd 3... i'd be shocked if by draft time if he goes after rd 2..
shawn williams georgia
duke williams nevada

Now these are just really good prospects at the positon, theres a ton more sleeper types and what not.. I'm just giving a idea that this is a deep secondary class..

Redeyejedi
09-30-2012, 09:45 AM
I'm kinda getting the idea that this yrs crop of prospects is really deep in the secondary, both S and CB... Theres a ton of Corners and Safteys that i really like..
CB's
Jonathan Banks miss st
Demarcus Milliner bama
jordan poyer oregon st.
carrington byndom texas
dave amerson nc state
Xavier Rhodes fla st- this is my guy right here.. I think hes the best CB prospect in the country ahead of amerson and milliner and banks..
johnny adams mich st
micah hyde iowa- one of my fave's outside the top of the crop
leon mcfadden san diego st.- not really a sleeper, but undervalued a bit
terry hawthorne illinois- i like this kid alot
desmond trufant- huge in win vs stanford

safteys
eric reid lsu
tony jefferson oklahoma
kenny vaccaro texas- one of my faves, and my 2nd rated S in my personal rankings
tj mcdonald usc
matt elam florida- one of my faves..
robert lester bama
baccari rambo gerorgia- i feel hes got 1st rd talent but most have em going in rd 3... i'd be shocked if by draft time if he goes after rd 2..
shawn williams georgia
duke williams nevada

Now these are just really good prospects at the positon, theres a ton more sleeper types and what not.. I'm just giving a idea that this is a deep secondary class..
Amerson was a disaster again yesterday I dont think he comes out. If he does its almost guaranteed to be at safety. Defense in College Football has become a complete joke. Those games yesterday I had a hard time watching

Cquezada1923
09-30-2012, 11:01 AM

I wonder if some of these borderline prospects realize how important the game after a DUD is to there chances of getting drafted? Its early yet, but hes been pretty shaky..

Oh snap, I went to high school with him before he transferred his senior year.

Redeyejedi
09-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I like Jarvis Jones but his lack of pass rush production against good teams and tackles is bothersome. Last year he had 0 against a ranked teams. Yesterday again didnt get 1

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Dude, i watched titus young make the most dreadful drop and it was so important and i'd swear he made the catch the way people were giving him dap and patting em on the back..lol Its a disgrace what these idiots get away with these days..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Dude, i watched titus young make the most dreadful drop and it was so important and i'd swear he made the catch the way people were giving him dap and patting em on the back..lol Its a disgrace what these idiots get away with these days.. I swear to god this ur my teammate and i support u even when ur making mistakes that are so putrid it hurts is getting old.. Theres soemthing called contstructive critiscim, that works pretty well..lol

U wonder why u see this cr-ap every week more and more, and its becasue there allowed to get away with it.. Its funny because when its money time, then its a bussiness, but when its putrid play that is gross to watch, its teammates and were a family..lol

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 05:21 PM
what is with all these freaking drops in college and NFL? Holy cr-ap.. I can't watch one game where theres not 50disgusting drops a game.. Theres some morons in football nowadays...

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 05:34 PM
I like Jarvis Jones but his lack of pass rush production against good teams and tackles is bothersome. Last year he had 0 against a ranked teams. Yesterday again didnt get 1 I'll pass then.. Thats pathetic..lol

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 05:36 PM
Amerson was a disaster again yesterday I dont think he comes out. If he does its almost guaranteed to be at safety. Defense in College Football has become a complete joke. Those games yesterday I had a hard time watching Ya, i bet Rhodes has passed em easily by now.. Shoot, Jonathan Banks might of passed em..lol Jordan Poyer is no joke, and i could see him or Byndom sneak into rd 1 as well.. It'd be funny if amerson comes out and all those guys go ahead of him..

nycsportzfan
09-30-2012, 06:39 PM
why do i watch football?lol These dudes are straight stupid...lol Mason Foster just hit RG3 in the endonze on freaking 3rd down..lol No reason all to touch em, and there gonna get the ball back down 21-6 and the idiot coulden't control himself..lol Seriously, football players gotta be the most brainless athletes in the history of sports..lol Straight stupid!!!lol

BlueSanta
09-30-2012, 11:10 PM
CB's

These are 2 guys I want to respond to:

As far as Rhodes go, I agree 100%. He just takes wrs completely out of football games.

As to Vaccaro, I liked him a lot too, but I watched the Texas game closely this week and his lost stock dropped in my eyes. He had a terrible game vs OSU. His tackling was horrendous as were some of the paths he took to the runners. At halftime, espn even commented how badly he was getting trucked.

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 02:04 AM
I like Jarvis Jones but his lack of pass rush production against good teams and tackles is bothersome. Last year he had 0 against a ranked teams. Yesterday again didnt get 1

I almost posted this exact same comment prior to seeing it from you.

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Heh.. I was away this weekend, I love coming back to this forums and trying to guess which games NYC's comments are referring to. Its like a little mini game I occupy myself with.

Dont take it the wrong way either NYC, I think it is great. I can get the same way watching sometimes.

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 02:11 AM
Heh.. I was away this weekend, I love coming back to this forums and trying to guess which games NYC's comments are referring to. Its like a little mini game I occupy myself with.

Dont take it the wrong way either NYC, I think it is great. I can get the same way watching sometimes. Ah, i don't take it the wrong way at all, buddy! I actually had big smile and a chuckle when i read that..lol I get so into it quite often..lol

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 02:13 AM
These are 2 guys I want to respond to:

As far as Rhodes go, I agree 100%. He just takes wrs completely out of football games.

As to Vaccaro, I liked him a lot too, but I watched the Texas game closely this week and his lost stock dropped in my eyes. He had a terrible game vs OSU. His tackling was horrendous as were some of the paths he took to the runners. At halftime, espn even commented how badly he was getting trucked. Ya, but oklahoma st will do that to saftey's.. They put up numbers on just about everyone.. I still like em alot, what i've seen, it'll take more then one beating from a potent offense like Ok St to change my mind, but it does stink he had a bad game..

How'd Jeffocat and Okafor do? How about Byndom? Byndom is really good as well..

nycsportzfan
10-01-2012, 02:51 AM
What a demoralizing loss! Just gut wrenching and depressing! It certainly wasen't ELI's most dumb moment in Philly, unfortunetly..lol The Dive instaead of Slide and fumbling when no one touches is u is worse to me, but its a close 2nd..lol I want to say i deserve to eat crow for my critiscim of Domenik Hixon.. I was really harsh in the GDT on him, and i apologize and will eat my crow..lol The reason i was so critical is because he haden't done anything in like 3plus yrs, and i felt when hes been on the field for a large chunk of plays, our offense had been bad for the most part , outside of his 1st yr with us... I feel hes getting by for way to long on a not good enough resume... Either way, i may of been wrong and he was brilliant. Just had to get that out there..

Heres this WK's mock draft.. Again, pass rush stuck out to me as a weak spot against the eagles, and our oline wasen't as strong as they looked the week prior.. The secondary is also gonna need another legit weapon.. Martellus bennett didn't do anything in a game we needed em to be good as well..
So, we definetly have some games under the belt and a bit of a idea of what were gonna possibly be looking for in Arpil..

So heres this weeks mock.. I'm gonna put us at about pick 25 this week.. Dropping a few spots from pick 28last week because of the Loss..

RD1- Alex Okafor DE Texas- Sticking with the speedy DE from Texas.. OSI is getting close to done and blew contain a gazillion times... Tuck was invisible for the most part as well..

RD2- Desmond Trufant CB Washington- This kid was brilliant this past week, and i'm moving em up my board.. I woulden't mind taking Trufant in the 2nd rd at all.. We certainly could use the help as Corey Webster looks dreadful this yr.. Trufant would join Amukumura and Hosley as the CB trio of future..

RD3- Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- This kid can flat out ball and we need a future ILB if Herzlich isn't to be that guy.. Blackburn isn't longterm answer, and i'd like a more complete ILB with more upside.. Mauti is all over the field and has non stop motor and makes plays.. Our defense is alot weaker then our offense..

RD4- Mark Jackson T Glenville St- Big 6ft 5in 332lb tackle from small school , is very athletic and strong.. Showed athletic ability on a screen pass where he took it in from 17yrds out... He reminds me of Harewood of Baltimore...

RD5-Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- Had off field issue but is back and has show the ability to be a mismatch down the middle fo the field for a LB and has blocking potential. Could get alittle stronger and bigger but has the frame for it.. Solid upside for this kid, once with a QB who can throw it like ELI can..

RD6- Earl Wolff SS NC State- A team captain and leader... I like the way he plays the game, with alot of grit and determenation.. He hits hard and is very physical, and capable of making plays on balls in the air.. I think he might rise a bit by draftime...

RD7-Connor Vernon WR Duke- Could go alittle earlier, but if not, would be solid value and we could need a WR if were to lose a Nicks or Cruz or Barden or Hixon..etc Grabbing a late rd flyer on a WR with value is not a bad idea, seeing how we excel through the air on offense..

So theres this weeks mock, with me seeing defense as much bigger issue today..

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 06:59 AM
Giants need another Defensive end really bad. Justin Tuck has very little left. He stills plays the run well. We need someone that can contribute immediately as a pass rusher

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 07:01 AM
I put up a Mauti video yesterday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71BWyDD6Jk8

TheEnigma
10-01-2012, 10:20 AM
David Wilson was our MVP last night. As one of his detractors, I have to give the kid credit for having good vision on those returns. I was even secretly hoping to see the Giants give him a few shots on offense with a pass play and a few runs on the edge. My confidence for his future went up just a tad.

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Ya, but oklahoma st will do that to saftey's.. They put up numbers on just about everyone.. I still like em alot, what i've seen, it'll take more then one beating from a potent offense like Ok St to change my mind, but it does stink he had a bad game..

How'd Jeffocat and Okafor do? How about Byndom? Byndom is really good as well..

Okafor and Jeffcoat were both fine. In fact, I think OSU's offense puts more stress on ends than anyone since they get the ball out so fast. But, I cannot get the taste of the poor tackling by Vaccaro so easily out of my mouth. He was just running up and bumping guys without wrapping at all. I am not saying he is all of the sudden garbage, I just think his stock took a hit. He has some time to build it back up, but he needs t be far more physical, he was afraid of contact all game. I still like him when the ball is in the air tho.

BlueSanta
10-01-2012, 11:38 AM
What a demoralizing loss! Just gut wrenching and depressing! It certainly wasen't ELI's most dumb moment in Philly, unfortunetly..lol The Dive instaead of Slide and fumbling when no one touches is u is worse to me, but its a close 2nd..lol I want to say i deserve to eat crow for my critiscim of Domenik Hixon.. I was really harsh in the GDT on him, and i apologize and will eat my crow..lol The reason i was so critical is because he haden't done anything in like 3plus yrs, and i felt when hes been on the field for a large chunk of plays, our offense had been bad for the most part , outside of his 1st yr with us... I feel hes getting by for way to long on a not good enough resume... Either way, i may of been wrong and he was brilliant. Just had to get that out there..

Heres this WK's mock draft.. Again, pass rush stuck out to me as a weak spot against the eagles, and our oline wasen't as strong as they looked the week prior.. The secondary is also gonna need another legit weapon.. Martellus bennett didn't do anything in a game we needed em to be good as well..
So, we definetly have some games under the belt and a bit of a idea of what were gonna possibly be looking for in Arpil..

So heres this weeks mock.. I'm gonna put us at about pick 25 this week.. Dropping a few spots from pick 28last week because of the Loss..

RD1- Alex Okafor DE Texas- Sticking with the speedy DE from Texas.. OSI is getting close to done and blew contain a gazillion times... Tuck was invisible for the most part as well..

RD2- Desmond Trufant CB Washington- This kid was brilliant this past week, and i'm moving em up my board.. I woulden't mind taking Trufant in the 2nd rd at all.. We certainly could use the help as Corey Webster looks dreadful this yr.. Trufant would join Amukumura and Hosley as the CB trio of future..

RD3- Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- This kid can flat out ball and we need a future ILB if Herzlich isn't to be that guy.. Blackburn isn't longterm answer, and i'd like a more complete ILB with more upside.. Mauti is all over the field and has non stop motor and makes plays.. Our defense is alot weaker then our offense..

RD4- Mark Jackson T Glenville St- Big 6ft 5in 332lb tackle from small school , is very athletic and strong.. Showed athletic ability on a screen pass where he took it in from 17yrds out... He reminds me of Harewood of Baltimore...

RD5-Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- Had off field issue but is back and has show the ability to be a mismatch down the middle fo the field for a LB and has blocking potential. Could get alittle stronger and bigger but has the frame for it.. Solid upside for this kid, once with a QB who can throw it like ELI can..

RD6- Earl Wolff SS NC State- A team captain and leader... I like the way he plays the game, with alot of grit and determenation.. He hits hard and is very physical, and capable of making plays on balls in the air.. I think he might rise a bit by draftime...

RD7-Connor Vernon WR Duke- Could go alittle earlier, but if not, would be solid value and we could need a WR if were to lose a Nicks or Cruz or Barden or Hixon..etc Grabbing a late rd flyer on a WR with value is not a bad idea, seeing how we excel through the air on offense..

So theres this weeks mock, with me seeing defense as much bigger issue today..

Heh, I dunno that draft seems SO unlikely just because almost everyone on that list SO good. Without even looking where he is rated I find it seriously hard to believe Earl Wolff would be a 6th rounder. That guy is a player.

Without knowing the status of KP's injury just yet, I have to wonder if that knee was the 1 that he had microfracture surgery on. That surgery typically shortens guys careers and therefor I do think our chances of resigning him are shrinking daily. Earl Wolff would be a great replacement.

Okafor isnt my favorite DE in the class, but that doesnt make him a very good player.

In the comming years I would like to see us try to address our Oline needs in Free agency, so that we can address some of our pressing defensive needs via the draft.

Redeyejedi
10-01-2012, 06:58 PM
Im going to take a look at Texas tonight, Im going hard on pass rushers from now on. I cut Devin taylor earlier today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYY0iuKn-Lw

Cquezada1923
10-02-2012, 08:29 AM
Zach Bauman RB northern Arizona, probably the best running back at the D1AA level. Built and quick like ray rice. He could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

Cquezada1923
10-02-2012, 08:39 AM
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OyzCJ5K5puE#

BlueSanta
10-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Zach Bauman RB northern Arizona, probably the best running back at the D1AA level. Built and quick like ray rice. He could be a steal in the 3rd or 4th round.

I have seen him play, and to be honest it is very hard to evaluate his play because many of his big runs are the doing of the blocking. I want to see him create something where there is nothing. I want to see him move a pile on 3rd and short. There are runs where he isnt touched until 10 yards down the field on a simple off tackle. That doesnt happen in the NFL. But then again, that is always a problem with drafting AA guys, you cannot be sure of the level of competition. In watching his play I dont see him do anything wrong. I just walk away thinking "wow that Oline completley dominated, and he toook advantage."

nycsportzfan
10-02-2012, 08:50 PM
Walts mock just came out.. 3rds, and i'm glad he finally got rid of a QB to us in rd 3, but still not a huge fan..

rd 1.. Alex Ogletree ilb georgia- i like the player, but he still had Alex Okafor on the board, and our dline needs replenishing more then our LB's...
rd 2... James Gayle de va tech- not a bad choice, but i'd rather of gone okafor in rd 1, and desmond trufant in rd 2... Also Wagner was on his board..
rd 3... Alex Hurst ot lsu- i like this pick.. it makes sense.. i would of probably kept this pick.. so according to his board, i'd of gone okafor, trufant, and hurst.

nycsportzfan
10-02-2012, 09:16 PM
a couple guys i really like are featured on Waltfootballs STOCK UP report this week.. Mauti and Trufant.. Mauti is a stud, and i would love to get em, if hes on the board in RD 3, but its doubtful, unless were picking in the first half, which i hope were not..

Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
The Huskies had a low-scoring upset win over Stanford and Trufant was a big reason why. They sold out to stop the Cardinal and its power running game. By doing that Washington left its cornerbacks on an island and Trufant came up with a clutch game. He broke up a couple of deep passes with tight coverage. On one, Trufant ripped the receiver's arm away to force an incompletion and a punt. It was a clutch play and impressive strength from the senior.

Trufant was in man coverage on tight end Levine Toilolo, a 6-foot-8 tight end on Stanford's final fourth down attempt. The Cardinal signal-caller threw the ball up for grabs and a it was little overthrown towards the defender. Trufant made a leaping interception to save the upset win for the Huskies.

It is rare for Trufant (6-0, 186) to be tested as most teams stay away from him, but he held up perfectly and showed some real ball skills against Stanford. Without a lot of opportunities his ball skills are undefined, but he certainly showed them with two pass breakups and an interception against the Cardinal. Trufant looks like a solid second-round pick.

Michael Mauti, ILB, Penn State
The hard-nosed run defender came up with three big plays in the passing game to help Penn State cruise to a road win over Illinois. Mauti undercut a route On a fourth-and-goal just before halftime and picked off a pass at the goal line. He ran for the corner, turned upfield and then trucked down the field. The senior was tackled a half yard short of the end zone for a 99-yard interception return.

Mauti started a sack with a nice blitz off the edge in the third quarter. He later grabbed his second interception after reading the quarterback to beat the receiver to a floated pass. Mauti also made a great tackle on punt defense right after the ball was caught.

Mauti has totaled 48 tackles, two interceptions, 1.5 sacks, two forced fumbles and two passes broken up so far in 2012. The 6-foot-2, 232-pounder will probably will have to move to outside linebacker at ths next level. Mauti isn't the fastest defender, but he's instinctive, intelligent and physical. Mauti definitely will be a good special teams contributor in the NFL. This outing should help his cause and looks like a solid mid-rounder.

BlueSanta
10-02-2012, 11:53 PM
Trufant is no secret anymore. If he had a good combine and the way Cbs are valued now I think he could sneak into the 1st.

We are going to see people take more chances on cornerbacks in the coming years.

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 04:10 AM
Trufant is no secret anymore. If he had a good combine and the way Cbs are valued now I think he could sneak into the 1st.

We are going to see people take more chances on cornerbacks in the coming years. I agree 100pct with ur assement on Trufant.. I feel the same way about Jordan Poyer and Carrington Byndom.. Obviously not all 3 of Byndom Trufant and Poyer will go in RD 1 with seemingly Banks, Milliner, Rhodes, and possibly Amerson all ready ticketed for RD 1 as well, but i could see 2of those 3sneak in there..

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 04:24 AM
If u could pick a player to trade up for assuming the giants are gonna pick somewhere between 25-30, and trying to be realistic about it, without giving up the entire draft this yr and next, what would it be? This is just for fun of course..

I would not mind seeing the GIANTS trade up to the late teens/20th overall to get either Barrett Jones, Xavier Rhodes, Jackson Jeffcoat, Manti Te'o, kawaan Short, or Jake Matthews.. I love all those players, and if i wasent' overly sure one of em were gonna be on the board, i'd consider trading up.. Obviously Reese is a genius at staying put and getting quality players, but just for fun, thats what i think...

If we traded up to say 19th overall from 28th, it'd cost something like our 1st, 3rd, and 3rd in 2014 probably? So basically ur giving up 2 3rd rders..

I'd love to do that and see a draft like this

RD1... Barrett Jones G/T/C Bama
RD2... Desmond Trufant CB Washington
RD4.. Everett Dawkins DT Florida St.
RD5.. Earl Wolff SS NC State
RD6.. Jonathan Bostic ILB Florida
RD7.. Ryan Griffin TE Uconn

Thats not 2shabby a draft with losing a couple 3rd rders over the next couple yrs... Barrett Jones is Mr.Versatility and we could put him anywhere including possibly LT if need be.. U still see the Defense get really beefed up albeit, no pass rusher, but Everett Dawkins is a solid DT which could be a need if Ausin dont' get it togehter and Canty is a cap casulty.. Ryan Griffin is a really solid pass catching TE who can block and would be awesome with a better passing offense around em.. Just the kinda player Reese gets and turns into stud.. Wolff is one of my fave sleepers, and Trufant could end up being our best CB 3yrs down road...

Redeyejedi
10-03-2012, 07:46 AM
Walts mock just came out.. 3rds, and i'm glad he finally got rid of a QB to us in rd 3, but still not a huge fan..

rd 1.. Alex Ogletree ilb georgia- i like the player, but he still had Alex Okafor on the board, and our dline needs replenishing more then our LB's...
rd 2... James Gayle de va tech- not a bad choice, but i'd rather of gone okafor in rd 1, and desmond trufant in rd 2... Also Wagner was on his board..
rd 3... Alex Hurst ot lsu- i like this pick.. it makes sense.. i would of probably kept this pick.. so according to his board, i'd of gone okafor, trufant, and hurst.I really like Ogletree guy is athletic as hell That was his first game back against Tenn he played like a madman.

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 02:03 PM
I really like Ogletree guy is athletic as hell That was his first game back against Tenn he played like a madman. Agreed.. I like em alot as well.. I just don't think its our biggest area for concnern, and i'd only go Ogletree if the board is completely bare of all these players.. Jake Matthews, Barrett Jones, Alex Okafor, Chance Warmack, Jonathan Banks, Kawaan Short, Jackson Jeffcoat, and possibly Tyler Eifert.. I'd take one of those guys over Ogletree, not because i dont like ogletree, but because i feel the need and value is better with other players.. Shoot, even Saftey is looking more and more like a need and with guys like TJ Mcdonald out there, we may just need to take em...

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm eager to see how the Dolphins do in this yrs draft.. Tannehill is actually looking solid(very surprising to me), and they will have a early rd pick in 1st, plus 2 early 2nd's and obviously a early 3rd.. U can do some serious damage with that..

nycsportzfan
10-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Another guy i'd consdier if i was the Giants in RD 1 is Dion jordan.. I'm falling in love with him as a prospect, and i think JPP and Jordan would be fearsome for yrs to come.. That would be a intersting surprise 1st rder...

BlueSanta
10-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Another guy i'd consdier if i was the Giants in RD 1 is Dion jordan.. I'm falling in love with him as a prospect, and i think JPP and Jordan would be fearsome for yrs to come.. That would be a intersting surprise 1st rder...

He is a playmaker, but I think he ends up in a 34 system as the weakside backer. At least, I think that is the position he will hold the most value for and will likely be drafted to play.

You have to love his versatility though

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 04:22 PM
He is a playmaker, but I think he ends up in a 34 system as the weakside backer. At least, I think that is the position he will hold the most value for and will likely be drafted to play.

You have to love his versatility though The funniest thing happened.. I was looking at the prospect rankings on CBSSPORTS, and decided to take a peak at there Mocks.. I sh-it u not, Dane Brugler has the giants taking Dion Jordan!!!lol Rang has us going Eifert.. Its funny though, that someone else was thinking that. Either way, i think he could be a versatile Pass rusher for us, that we could stand up and put in the 3point stance, maybe blitz em from the SLB positon...etc KIWI is having a terrible season, so SLB and DE could be somewhat of a need..

BlueSanta
10-04-2012, 07:08 PM
The funniest thing happened.. I was looking at the prospect rankings on CBSSPORTS, and decided to take a peak at there Mocks.. I sh-it u not, Dane Brugler has the giants taking Dion Jordan!!!lol Rang has us going Eifert.. Its funny though, that someone else was thinking that. Either way, i think he could be a versatile Pass rusher for us, that we could stand up and put in the 3point stance, maybe blitz em from the SLB positon...etc KIWI is having a terrible season, so SLB and DE could be somewhat of a need..

I do think DE is becomming a need again. I just think at 243 lbs and with his ability to play as a blitzer and as a guy who can drop back into coverage(a little) he is going to be rated higher as a 34 OLB than he will for any position in a 43 defense.

Dion is clearly at his best when moving forward, similar to Kiwi. But we cannot blitz a LB if w cannot cover and that has been our problem so far this year. Kiwi has had very few blitz opportunities and hasnt even been on the field that much because we have been forced into the nickle.

For example, I think 34 teams will have Jordan rated slightly higher, perhaps as a mid 1st round prospect and 43 teams will have him as a late 1st round pick, that would greatly increase his chances of being picked by a 34 team. It isnt that I dont like him for us. I just think he fits a 34 team's need more than a 43 team. Furthermore, a weakside 34 backer is an impact, every down position in a 34 defense. The strongside backer in the 43 defense is seeing the field less and less these days because of all the nickle and dime packages defenses are being forced to run.

Lastly, I would say that we need a defensive end capable of playing the left side, which is most often the strong side. JPP is most natural at the RDE(but is versatile enough to play anywhere) and Tuck plays the LDE. We need a guy who can help spell Tuck and I do not think that Jordan, at 243 lbs, can play LDE until he gains a serious amount of strength and size. Ideally, he needs to be in that 270+ range to play that position. Gaining 30 lbs is not unheard of in the NFL but ithere is always risk associated with it. Will he be able to keep his impressive burst at that weight?

Redeyejedi
10-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Sportzfan I know your a big Notre Dame fan Ive been watching them the last couple day that defense is really really good. They have a bunch of future high draft picks

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 10:49 PM
Thank u lord that we did not draft Bobbie Massie! HE is utterly pathetic! I have never seen a worse performance by a T in my entire life of watching football!! He makes Guy Whimper look like Jake Long! I 100pct understand why he fell in the draft... Hes lazy as a sloth and has absoulutley zero flexibility.. I'm trying to be nice!!!

nycsportzfan
10-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Thank u lord that we did not draft Bobbie Massie! HE is utterly pathetic! I have never seen a worse performance by a T in my entire life of watching football!! He makes Guy Whimper look like Jake Long! I 100pct understand why he fell in the draft... Hes lazy as a sloth and has absoulutley zero flexibility.. I'm trying to be nice!!! I liked em 2.. I have no problem admitting i was wrong and i was wrong about bobbie massie.. U aren't good if u su-ck like he did today.. Theres no hope for u...

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 04:59 AM
I liked em 2.. I have no problem admitting i was wrong and i was wrong about bobbie massie.. U aren't good if u su-ck like he did today.. Theres no hope for u...

Hahaha you're quoting yourself now. I think the boards are getting to you.

nycsportzfan
10-05-2012, 07:10 AM
Hahaha you're quoting yourself now. I think the boards are getting to you. Nah, i just wanted to make sure people knew that i am dissing a guy i was pretty high on.. I'm not afraid to admit when i was wrong, and i was about Bobbie Massie.. i honestly don't believe hes anything more then a backup T at this level, and that is simply based on one game, and i dont' care... He was so dreadful, it hurt.. Like i said, it was almost embaressingly pathetic, and one of the worst performances i've ever seen from a NFL lineman in my 20plus yrs of watching football.. He showed no emotion either.. Just accepted the fact he was playing like a fat lazy scrub... Again, i understand fully why he fell like he did.. I was completely wrong about the big guy...

nycsportzfan
10-05-2012, 07:13 AM
WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD1.. Chance Warmack OG BAMA
RD2... Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kid can flat out play! All around TE whos athletic and would be one of ELI's favorite weapons
RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 07:35 AM

You have to love his versatility thoughHe is pretty tall to play the run in space. I think he is probably 260 by the time the draft comes.I think the Giants would be interested in his motor and athletic ability. I wonder if he is physical enough of a DE for their liking. Unfortunately I think the Giants need 2 DE's. They need a 3rd down edge rusher and a starting Strong side defensive end. I dont think Tuck has more then 1 more season in him. His contract is up and his body is breaking down. I dont think he enjoys the game much anymore

Redeyejedi
10-05-2012, 07:36 AM
Nah, i just wanted to make sure people knew that i am dissing a guy i was pretty high on.. I'm not afraid to admit when i was wrong, and i was about Bobbie Massie.. i honestly don't believe hes anything more then a backup T at this level, and that is simply based on one game, and i dont' care... He was so dreadful, it hurt.. Like i said, it was almost embaressingly pathetic, and one of the worst performances i've ever seen from a NFL lineman in my 20plus yrs of watching football.. He showed no emotion either.. Just accepted the fact he was playing like a fat lazy scrub... Again, i understand fully why he fell like he did.. I was completely wrong about the big guy...I didnt watch the game it was that brutal

Rat_bastich
10-05-2012, 10:17 AM
WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD2... Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- This kid can flat out play! All around TE whos athletic and would be one of ELI's favorite weapons
RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..

I like Womack and Johnson...who could not love Alabama prospects. Is Joseph Fauria Christian's brother or something and wasn't he at the big ND?

Imgrate
10-05-2012, 01:09 PM
He is pretty tall to play the run in space. I think he is probably 260 by the time the draft comes.I think the Giants would be interested in his motor and athletic ability. I wonder if he is physical enough of a DE for their liking. Unfortunately I think the Giants need 2 DE's. They need a 3rd down edge rusher and a starting Strong side defensive end. I dont think Tuck has more then 1 more season in him. His contract is up and his body is breaking down. I dont think he enjoys the game much anymoreThis is exactly why I wanted Andre branch. Going into next year he'd have a year of experience and take over osi's role.

On another note. Storm Johnson was the #3 rb prospect in the nation coming out of high school. Went to Miami and transferred to ucf. He has looked good, even against Ohio St. What's your guys thoughts on him. Possibly cut up a video?

nycsportzfan
10-05-2012, 01:21 PM
I didnt watch the game it was that brutal it was utterly freaking pathetic! Mayock ended up laughing at Massie at one point becuase he just didn't undrerstand what he was doing on one play..

BlueSanta
10-05-2012, 07:44 PM
He is pretty tall to play the run in space. I think he is probably 260 by the time the draft comes.I think the Giants would be interested in his motor and athletic ability. I wonder if he is physical enough of a DE for their liking. Unfortunately I think the Giants need 2 DE's. They need a 3rd down edge rusher and a starting Strong side defensive end. I dont think Tuck has more then 1 more season in him. His contract is up and his body is breaking down. I dont think he enjoys the game much anymore

If he gained the weight he would improve his value to most 43 teams in my opinion. But, until it happens I have to evaluate him as he is now and currently that guy has 34 OLB written all over him. If he got to 260 than I think he could be a Osi type player, that is a marginal gap control DE who lacks a little run discipline, but a guy who can shoot gaps and burst around the edge to get those sacks.

BlueSanta
10-05-2012, 07:50 PM

Ok I love that site and I love what he is saying here. Part of me thinks he just got lazy and came to the these forums to see who WE thought might be good for this team. Seriously, havent we discussed all of those guys recently?

nycsportzfan
10-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Ok I love that site and I love what he is saying here. Part of me thinks he just got lazy and came to the these forums to see who WE thought might be good for this team. Seriously, havent we discussed all of those guys recently? Ya, but i'd like to think a good site and us, have a idea of what kinda players teams would like and are solid value and or prospects.. What'd u want em to have a QB going to us in RD 1 with a 3/4 NT in RD2..etc???lol

They know there stuff over there...

nycsportzfan
10-05-2012, 10:54 PM
dude, did u guys see what Beau Blakenship RB Ohio U did against my UMASS team last week? Try 43carry 263yrd 2td!!! Hes got solid size as well, and has been a total workhorse for a good Ohio U team... Intersting prospect, all though only a Jr...

Redeyejedi
10-06-2012, 09:19 AM
[QUOTE=nycsportzfan;517636]WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..[/QUOTE I like Fauria but he isnt an all around TE. He is a very poor blocker. In terms of physical skill as a receiver he is the best in the class. He has outstanding body control , good but not great hands, can break tackles and is good in the open field has a lot of YAC potential. His blocking needs a ton of work though but its not that much different from what we saw Coby Fleener last year.I really hope if the Giants draft this guy they would find him snap opportunities. If he isnt on the field as the number 1 TE he probably would see 5 snaps a game

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 02:59 PM
[QUOTE=nycsportzfan;517636]WALT FOOTBALLS partner CHARLIE CAMPBELL did his mock today.. And i really like what he had us taking...

RD3.. Nico Johnson ILB BAMA- A thumper in the middle, who is staying on the field in all plays now, not just run downs, and turning into leader of what i think is best team in the country. Would bring a Ray Lewis like attitude to the middle of our LB corps..[/QUOTE I like Fauria but he isnt an all around TE. He is a very poor blocker. In terms of physical skill as a receiver he is the best in the class. He has outstanding body control , good but not great hands, can break tackles and is good in the open field has a lot of YAC potential. His blocking needs a ton of work though but its not that much different from what we saw Coby Fleener last year.I really hope if the Giants draft this guy they would find him snap opportunities. If he isnt on the field as the number 1 TE he probably would see 5 snaps a game I was talking to a UCLA fan on ESPN game thread for UCLA 2weeks ago, and he was saying that Fauria was really doing well as a blocker, and Jonathan Franklin was benefiting bigtime because of it... Now, i can't say for sure, as far as the blocking goes, because to be blunt, i haven't paid a ton of attention to it, i'm just going on what i've heard on walt football and from the UCLA fan.. The UCLA fan said he hasen't dropped a pass all yr.. Said, his hands are really phenomanel.. I have to agree with that, because i've seen catches that TE's his size, flat out shoulden't be making...

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 03:07 PM
I was talking about Allen Robinson WR Penn St last week, and again hes impressing the snot outta me! Hes gonna be a late 1st/2nd rder when his time comes.. He really makes all sorts of catches and isn't limited to deep stuff or just intermediete stuff.. hes a all around talent...

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 03:54 PM
man, this Illions FG kicker just missed a fairly makable FG, and he missed it by a mile, and i swear if u caught it right after the kick, and didn't know he shanked it horribly, u would think he drilled it the way his teammates were giving em high 5's and smacking em on the butt and head..lol Jesus, do these players these days ever get held accountable?

BlueSanta
10-06-2012, 06:07 PM
I miss watching defensive battles in the NFL like this LSU v UF game.

And that strip by Elam is a play that will have NFL defensive coordinators and GMs take notice.

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 06:54 PM
I miss watching defensive battles in the NFL like this LSU v UF game.

And that strip by Elam is a play that will have NFL defensive coordinators and GMs take notice. I'm wondering if Elam comes out being its such a good yr for Safetys.. if so, i think 2nd rd/ early 3rd would be the range... hes very good..

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Holy cr-ap, Shawn Williams is gonna get decimated in coverege on the NFl level.. hes like a undersized LB...

nycsportzfan
10-06-2012, 07:58 PM
Whats everyones take on Jarred Abbermidas WR Wisconsin? I've seen em as high as 2nd rd lately.. I totally dissagree, as i dont think hes as good a prospect as Austin Collie or Eric Decker were.. And neither of them went that high.. This isnt' a super great WR class this yr.. Even the very top of the crop, with Robert Woods, Keenan Allen, and Marquees Wilson, are more late 1st rd/early 2nd rd guys in my opinion... So, that said, maybe Abbermidas goes alittle higher, but i still don't think u reach for wideouts just because u need one..

nycsportzfan
10-07-2012, 12:12 AM
man, even in a LSU loss(i called they weren't that good as a whole a few wk's ago), KEVIN MINTER ILB was flat out sensational! 20tackles and multiple sacks! Wow! Talk about giving ur stock a boost.. And we could use a ILB.. Miner is way up on my personal board..