PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

nycsportzfan
10-07-2012, 02:00 AM
man that Thompson kid for FLA ST is awesome! He had another impressive game today(albeit in a loss).. He runs so freaking hard for a smaller scat back... Also, hes got the blazing speed.. Thompson's the real deal...

Also, Desmond Trufant is flat out stud.. I know Wash got destroyed but he was breaking up passes early on in that game left and right.. He broke up one pass that was picked off as well.. I would love to add Trufant to the mix...

Sleeper CB is Nigel Malone of K-State.. Kids not overly big, but hes got some really good ballskills, and can mix it up in the run game..

nycsportzfan
10-08-2012, 05:46 AM
Mock draft time ladies and gentelmen! Mood after the browns game is simply , "happy we WON".. Our offense is loaded and ELI is playing at a level that is utterly ridiculous! Our oline is really blocking well after early season struggles.. A TE could still be needed as Bennett has fell off some, and now could be injured.. Oline also is still a option despite quality of play picking up in that aspect.. But overly, i think our defense needs to b e focused on as of right now.. Of course this draft changes weekly depending on how were looking and what positons look solid or cr-appy.. Anyhow, heres this weeks draft.

I got us picking 27th this week, based on last week i had us 25th(if i remember correct?)..

RD1... Alex Okafor DE Texas- I'm starting to think hes gonna rise up into the teens, as the Sacks pile up.. Hes really talented pass rusher who reminds me of a young OSI..

RD2.. Kevin Minter ILB L.S.U- THis kids a freaking animal! I love Michael Mauti as well, but this kid minter is just extremely aggressive and has a non stop motor with great physical size to take on blockers.. This kids a freak! Okafor and Minter together in one draft would really up the talent level of this defense..

RD3.. Graham Pocic C/G/T Illinois- This kids got the size and strength to be a versatile lineman that plays multiple spots.. THey had em at RT some this past weekend against Wisconsin.. Just the kinda olineman we like...

RD4.. Cory Grissom DT S.Florida- A big plugger whos been coming on of late.. A great run stopper whos squatty strong and uses his low center of gravity to gain leverege..

RD5.. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- Has good ballskills and solid size.. Could be one of those finds that ends up being a starter down the rd..

RD6.. Ryan Griffin TE UCONN- As i said last wk, i like this kid alot.. Tall kid who reminds me alot of Kevin Boss..

RD7.. Zach Brown K Portland St.- This kid can kick! Very accurate and has kicked a ton of FG's for the small school portland st vikings...

Imgrate
10-08-2012, 08:28 AM
Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 08:33 AM
Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.

Imgrate
10-08-2012, 11:04 AM
Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.I agree that the pass rush is the top priority. I feel as though you need 3 starting DEs and 3 starting corners. I hope for an early round corner so that when Webster is gone in 2014, we wont have to rely on a rookie, we would have a guy with a year of experience ready to fill in at an important position. Similarly I wanted to draft Andre branch this year so that when osi leaves at the end of the year we would already have a guy with a year under his belt.

BlueSanta
10-08-2012, 05:00 PM
Webster, AMukumara, Hosley and Coe are a solid young group "besides Webster". Amukumara has played well and I think Hosley is going to be 1 of the best Nickel CB's in the NFL. If the value presents itself im for it but this team needs to fix the pass rush.

I agree, and to take it a step further I think they need to improve more than just their passrush with regards to the defensive end postions. I hate it when people make alarmist statements like "we cant win it all with X as our starter" but I am going to make 1 :

We cannot win consistently with the complete lack of contain we have exhibited. It just presents too many big plays to opposing offenses.

That is why I think we have to get another good solid all around DE prospect, not just a guy who is a good passrusher that lacks gap discipline.

Right now, the 2 guys who have my attention are Werner and Okafor. Both are good all around prospects who play solid fundamental gap control defense and who can also get after a QB.

Redeyejedi
10-08-2012, 06:33 PM
I agree, and to take it a step further I think they need to improve more than just their passrush with regards to the defensive end postions. I hate it when people make alarmist statements like "we cant win it all with X as our starter" but I am going to make 1 :

We cannot win consistently with the complete lack of contain we have exhibited. It just presents too many big plays to opposing offenses.

That is why I think we have to get another good solid all around DE prospect, not just a guy who is a good passrusher that lacks gap discipline.

Right now, the 2 guys who have my attention are Werner and Okafor. Both are good all around prospects who play solid fundamental gap control defense and who can also get after a QB.I think Okafor would be a great fit to take over for Tuck. Give me Okafor and Ansah 2 DE's

juice33s
10-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Mock draft time ladies and gentelmen! Mood after the browns game is simply , "happy we WON".. Our offense is loaded and ELI is playing at a level that is utterly ridiculous! Our oline is really blocking well after early season struggles.. A TE could still be needed as Bennett has fell off some, and now could be injured.. Oline also is still a option despite quality of play picking up in that aspect.. But overly, i think our defense needs to b e focused on as of right now.. Of course this draft changes weekly depending on how were looking and what positons look solid or cr-appy.. Anyhow, heres this weeks draft.

I got us picking 27th this week, based on last week i had us 25th(if i remember correct?)..

RD1... Alex Okafor DE Texas- I'm starting to think hes gonna rise up into the teens, as the Sacks pile up.. Hes really talented pass rusher who reminds me of a young OSI..

RD2.. Kevin Minter ILB L.S.U- THis kids a freaking animal! I love Michael Mauti as well, but this kid minter is just extremely aggressive and has a non stop motor with great physical size to take on blockers.. This kids a freak! Okafor and Minter together in one draft would really up the talent level of this defense..

RD3.. Graham Pocic C/G/T Illinois- This kids got the size and strength to be a versatile lineman that plays multiple spots.. THey had em at RT some this past weekend against Wisconsin.. Just the kinda olineman we like...

RD4.. Cory Grissom DT S.Florida- A big plugger whos been coming on of late.. A great run stopper whos squatty strong and uses his low center of gravity to gain leverege..

RD5.. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- Has good ballskills and solid size.. Could be one of those finds that ends up being a starter down the rd..

RD6.. Ryan Griffin TE UCONN- As i said last wk, i like this kid alot.. Tall kid who reminds me alot of Kevin Boss..

RD7.. Zach Brown K Portland St.- This kid can kick! Very accurate and has kicked a ton of FG's for the small school portland st vikings...
I found this on Pocic from the nationalfootball post
(http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Risers-Fallers-after-week-six-9363.html) In a season without many highly regarded centers, Pocic was viewed as a potential “sleeper” when he received mid round grades from the scouting combines. However, his play in 2012 warrants nothing more than a seventh round grade and more likely would lead to him going undrafted. At 6’6 and 309 pounds, Pocic has the measureables, but he struggles to bend knees to block with base and can be pushed around because he lacks playing strength. He does not have the foot quickness, agility or athleticism to block effectively when he has to move his feet and ends up on the ground too often. I will be surprised if Pocic is drafted in the first five rounds of the 2013 NFL Draft.

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 01:34 AM
Think cb is going to be a big need. Not sure a 5tg round pick is enough I do a mock a week, and in my opinion, the one i came up with this past week, is the best.. I really like Nigel Malone, and if we pick a good CB early, it isn't gonna matter if were not getting pressure on the QB.. That is more important then anything.. Okafor, Minter, Grissom, and Malone would be a huge Jolt to our defense...

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 01:45 AM
I found this on Pocic from the nationalfootball post
(http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Risers-Fallers-after-week-six-9363.html) In a season without many highly regarded centers, Pocic was viewed as a potential “sleeper” when he received mid round grades from the scouting combines. However, his play in 2012 warrants nothing more than a seventh round grade and more likely would lead to him going undrafted. At 6’6 and 309 pounds, Pocic has the measureables, but he struggles to bend knees to block with base and can be pushed around because he lacks playing strength. He does not have the foot quickness, agility or athleticism to block effectively when he has to move his feet and ends up on the ground too often. I will be surprised if Pocic is drafted in the first five rounds of the 2013 NFL Draft. What i've seen, hes been great! But then again, i haven't watched every Illinois game.. I watched a bunch of ill vs wis and was very impressed indeed! The guy don't give himself much room to be wrong, saying that he'd be surprised if he goes before the 5th.. Centers fall every yr that far, its no secret..

I sure hope he falls and we can get em! The kid plays all over the line, and can bench 350 and squat 455... Hes a strong kid with great size, and is versatile.. I find it hard to believe that a guy who most have moved up boards, is now bad enough to go undrafted, especially with the versatility factored in.. Hes pretty darn good..

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 05:08 PM
WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore.

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 05:56 PM
WalterFootball has us taking the following players in his updated mock draft

1. Barrett Jones T/C/G - Says he would immediately start at LG or RT for us and could move to C. I think he fits better on the interior line than as a T in the NFL.

2. Desmond Trufant CB - Haven't really caught any of his games this year so I'm not qualified to speak about him. I know nycsports likes him though. Plus we always need more CBs since injuries always plague us there.

3. Nico Johnson ILB - I like the player since it's obvious Blackburn doesn't have what it takes (athleticism) to be MLB against teams with a great rushing attack but it's paramount we get a pass rusher before the 4th round.

Pros: Some good prospects that have great chances to make an impact on this team.
Cons: I don't think we can afford to wait until rounds 4-7 to grab a pass rusher with Osi heading into FA and Tuck not seeming like Tuck anymore. Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!

TheEnigma
10-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Hey, ur stealing my job!!!lol j/k!! I litteraly was coming over to this thread to give Walts mock info to us and see u beat me to the punch!!!lol

What a bad A-ss mock draft! Seriously, i'm in love with Barrett Jones and Desmond Trufant as prospects, and Nico Johnson brings attitude and aggresivness to the MLB positon.. Seriously, this is one heck of a mock draft, despite no pass rusher being there.. Maybe we can get lucky, and snatch up a Devin Taylor or Margus Hunt in RD 4, if one slips becuase of on field production this yr not being where it needs to be.. If we could trade for a ex 3rd rd pick and add a John Simon DE Ohio St to the mix, it also would be a perfect draft.. Either way, u can' t fill every need via draft, and getting a versatile swing lineman like Barrett Jones, and a lockdown CB in Trufant, and a Snot knocking ILB from a winning program in Nico Johnson, ur doing all right!!!

Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated.

nycsportzfan
10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Yeah I suppose you're right about not filling every need but I just find it hard to imagine that the Giants would wait so long to grab a pass rusher considering the current situation and how in love they are with developing DEs. Speaking of Trufant, do you by chance have any good games in mind on him you could recommend to watch? I'd prefer to see a really good game and a bad one but any advice you can give me would be appreciated. Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..

BlueSanta
10-10-2012, 05:15 AM
Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..

If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.

Redeyejedi
10-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Check out the game VS Oregon and the game vs Stanford.. His past 2games, his stock has soared.. I ddin't watch all of the Oregon game, but what i saw, he was batting away balls early, one leading to a pick.. He made a sensational pick to preserve the upset victory over stanford.. Right now, his stock is soaring.

As for not being able to imagine GMEN waiting that long for a DE, i can see it.. The reason i can see it, is we don't know if we'll get a pass rusher via free agency.. Obviously it'll be a mix of FA'cy and Draft to as how we fill team needs..He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos

Imgrate
10-10-2012, 09:36 AM
If you go off our history under Reese, we will try to address the passrushing needs via the draft and try to address Oline needs via FA.cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite

nycsportzfan
10-10-2012, 02:52 PM
He was always ranked in the top 10 CB's I thought. His brother is in the NFL those guys always get more play no ,matter if they are good or not and he is. I remember him getting torched in a game last year i was going to cut but I didnt put it up because I wanted to make it a 2 game video. I feel bad putting up bad videos of a prospect if its the only 1 up. I dont think its fair to the player. Could give people the wrong idea. prefer to put them in multi game videos Ya, hes definetly living up to his name right now.. But, most places i looked before the season had em in the RD 3, and some early 4th range... Even with his name! So its no surprise that u seen games where he got torched, as it sounds to me like he was inconsistent.. Hes definetly playing more consistently this yr and his stock is on the rise because of it.. I'm a huge fan, and would love to get the kid..

nycsportzfan
10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
cheaper to draft dl and sign ol than the opposite Definetly, but as Chris Canty and Rocky Bernard can atest to, we will pay top dollar for a Dlineman , and all though not a DE, i think it could happen if the right player presented himself..

nycsportzfan
10-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Everyone knows how much i love Kawaan Short DT Purdue.. He was on of my guys i wanted most coming into this yr, and i kinda stopped talking about em lately, just because i pretty much figure hes going earlier then were gonna have a chance to get em.. If somehow we did get Short it would be great, because he would be able to rush the passer from the DT spot why Joseph clogged the middle.. It seems like a match made in heaven..

All ready this yr, Short has 8TFL, 4SACK, 2Passs batted down, and 3BLOCKED KICKS... Thats in only 5games.. Another words, dude makes plays! And this is without Ryan Kerrigan.. The guy is a freaking stud...

nycsportzfan
10-10-2012, 03:29 PM
Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...

My first would be to stay put and have one of Okafor, B.Jones, K.Short, or J.Banks fall to us and we select one of em..

My 2nd would be to trade up for Xavier Rhodes or Bjorn Werner... Both those players are flat out studs...

nycsportzfan
10-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Could u imagine Xavier Rhodes, Prince Amukumura, and Jayron Hosley as our Top 3 CB's???lol

TheEnigma
10-10-2012, 03:37 PM
Whats everyones dream scenario for the draft this yr up to this point?? I have 2 scenario's...

So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario.

nycsportzfan
10-11-2012, 01:53 AM
So hard for me to get invested into those scenarios when you have a team like the Giants. Since we seem to be a playoffs or bust sort of team, the possibilities of where we draft and the players around those picks appear to be limitless. Though one thing I feel confident in saying is that if we go deep into the playoffs and draft near the end of the 1st round, we won't have a problem considering an offensive lineman versus drafting one in the middle. With some pretty good defensive linemen in the early to mid area of the 1st along with some CBs, I'm positive we'd take a defensive player in that scenario. Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???

TheEnigma
10-11-2012, 01:04 PM
Well, thats why i mean kinda where were at right now.. Being realistic and thinking along the lines of picking in the 25-32 range.. What would be ur dream scenario???

Well, I could see this team making the playoffs just based on the success we are getting on the offensive side of the ball but if the D doesn't wake up, it doesn't bode well for our playoff chances so I think our team is playing like a 22-26 overall team.

I really like Barrett Jones because of how technically sound and versatile of a player he is but Warmack has the higher ceiling and could probably be as great as Ben Grubbs/Marshall Yanda. Giants love for their first pick to have athleticism and he fits the bill.

Okafor is another realistic possibility with all of the other pass rushers and not to mention a few DTs in front of him. He would be a great player to rotate at LDE along with Tuck or just take over that position completely depending on Tuck's future.

McDonald and Eifert would be welcomed additions depending on what happens with some of our future FAs.

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 01:45 PM
I see people talking about Barrett Jones and I do agree he is the type of player we like. He has positional versatility in that he can play multiple positions along the interior of the oline, similar to a young Deihl. He is a very good charatcer guy as well. Really, he has Giants written all over him.

But, I do not think he is a NFL tackle right now so I think he has to be drafted as interior line. That doesnt mean I dont love him as a prospect. He is a leader , a class act and can play multiple positions.

My concern is that his measurements may not be NFL tackle worthy. Bama claims he is 6'5 305. Other sites have him at 6'4. Bama has a history not being honest in this area too. So I tend to believe the scouts. 6'4 is undersized for an NFL tackle unless he has unusually long arms, which I dont see.

So I am fine with us taking him, but If we do I think it is as a guard / center who can play tackle in a pinch if needed but shouldnt be counted as full time tackle just yet until we see his actaual measurements.

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 01:56 PM
man that Thompson kid for FLA ST is awesome! He had another impressive game today(albeit in a loss).. He runs so freaking hard for a smaller scat back... Also, hes got the blazing speed.. Thompson's the real deal...

Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now.

There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility.

Imgrate
10-11-2012, 03:05 PM
Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now. There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility. What about James Wilder Jr?

BlueSanta
10-11-2012, 04:19 PM
What about James Wilder Jr?

he is 1 of those younger players who will be coming out in the comming years, He is definitely 1 to keep an eye on.

nycsportzfan
10-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Thompson is a good player, but he needs to go to the right team in order to shine. I think he is a Sproles type player right now.

There isnt much I like right now on the FSU offense, most of my love is for their defensive guys. There are some younger guys in backup roles who will be good in years to come. But, the 1 guy on that offense who I do like very much is Lonnie Pryor the fullback. He was a high school stud as a RB who got switched to FB at FSU and has been a very versatile threat as well as a monster lead blocker. That offense puts a lot of lead block stress on fullbacks too with all the stretch plays they run and he just thrives. This is the 1 guy who is actually a versatile weapon but doesnt give up any lead blocking ability in order to get that versatility. Ya, i dont' care for there offense either, but thats because i'm not and have not been a big believer in Ej Manuel.. Chris Thompson is freaking awesome.. He can handle a full workload, which he showed a couple times this yr, and for a smaller guy, he runs harder then u would think.. Hes not a guy ur just gonna tackle no problem with one arm.. Obviously hes got wheels.. I didn't even realize he had 25carry 141yrd game against NC ST.. He certainly did his part against NC ST.. The guys really good, and he does that in spite of a lackluster offense.. One that i'm sure dosen't instill fear through the air to opposing defenses.. Hes the complete package, minus alittle weight..

I don't really see any team that he couldent' help? He kinda reminds me of Chris Johnson when he came outta E.Carolina.. I think he'll fly up draft boards and go in the 2nd-late 3rd range.. His ability to catch passes is also a bonus..

BlueSanta
10-12-2012, 04:16 AM
Ya, i dont' care for there offense either, but thats because i'm not and have not been a big believer in Ej Manuel.. Chris Thompson is freaking awesome.. He can handle a full workload, which he showed a couple times this yr, and for a smaller guy, he runs harder then u would think.. Hes not a guy ur just gonna tackle no problem with one arm.. Obviously hes got wheels.. I didn't even realize he had 25carry 141yrd game against NC ST.. He certainly did his part against NC ST.. The guys really good, and he does that in spite of a lackluster offense.. One that i'm sure dosen't instill fear through the air to opposing defenses.. Hes the complete package, minus alittle weight..

I don't really see any team that he couldent' help? He kinda reminds me of Chris Johnson when he came outta E.Carolina.. I think he'll fly up draft boards and go in the 2nd-late 3rd range.. His ability to catch passes is also a bonus..

I do think he has a chance to fly up boards because he is 1 of those guys who may explode at the combine much like Johnson did.

nycsportzfan
10-12-2012, 10:09 PM
I can't wait for Notredame/Stanford tommorow!!! My Irish are gonna slaughter them!! Well, i think they'll win anyhow..lol Also, i think a underrated game to watch is OREGON ST AT BYU.. U got my man Jordan Poyer CB Org St and of course everyone knows about Ezekial Ansah DE BYU.. A couple studs right there... Also there both playing well this yr..

BlueSanta
10-13-2012, 01:07 AM
I can't wait for Notredame/Stanford tommorow!!! My Irish are gonna slaughter them!! Well, i think they'll win anyhow..lol Also, i think a underrated game to watch is OREGON ST AT BYU.. U got my man Jordan Poyer CB Org St and of course everyone knows about Ezekial Ansah DE BYU.. A couple studs right there... Also there both playing well this yr..

I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.

Rat_bastich
10-14-2012, 03:26 AM

What is Dan Fox' position in the draft this upcoming year do you think? This guy was everywhere in the Stanford game. Te'o and him were around the ball on almost every defensive play. He reminds me of a Clay Matthews type of Inside Linebacker with the energy he displayed.

Rat_bastich
10-14-2012, 03:30 AM
I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.

Eifert looked good. Led the team in receiving and scored a touchdown.

juice33s
10-14-2012, 11:50 AM
NYC I know you're high on Desmond Trufant so i thought you might want to read this write from CBS's draft blog (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/20558570/weekly-rewind:-mizzou%27s-richardson-stars-while-wvu%27s-smith-stumbles):

The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664486/desmond-trufant). Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754280/robert-woods), Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter.

BlueSanta
10-14-2012, 02:34 PM
NYC I know you're high on Desmond Trufant so i thought you might want to read this write from CBS's draft blog (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/blog/rob-rang/20558570/weekly-rewind:-mizzou%27s-richardson-stars-while-wvu%27s-smith-stumbles):

The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664486/desmond-trufant). Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754280/robert-woods), Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter.

I have said it before, by the end of the college season(maybe sooner) this kid will be a 1st rounder. People have been talking about him as a 2nd and 3rd rounder. To me, that is unlrealistic. He is not some hidden gem hidding out in some unknown program. Prior to the Stanford upset, maybe I could see an argument for some not knowing as much as they should about him, but not anymore. The USC game only put an exlamation on my point.

nycsportzfan
10-14-2012, 08:54 PM

The quarterbacks earned virtually all of the national hype leading up to the USC-Washington game, but Huskies coach Steve Sarkisian created some local buzz prior to kickoff with his praise of cornerback Desmond Trufant (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664486/desmond-trufant). Sarkisian announced that he'd been told by NFL scouts that Trufant, a senior starting his 41st consecutive game, was being rated among the top "two or three" cornerbacks in the country. While NFLDraftScout.com currently ranks the younger brother of Seattle Seahawks' Marcus and the New York Jets' Isaiah Trufant as the No. 4 senior corner in the country, it was easy to see against the Trojans why talent evaluators are so high on the 5-11, 190 pounder. Lining up against both halves of the Trojans' dynamic duo of Marqise Lee and Robert Woods (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1754280/robert-woods), Trufant demonstrated the agility, fluidity and closing speed to help keep the high-octane USC passing attack largely under wraps. Under new defensive coordinator Josh Wilcox, Trufant has been allowed to play more bump and run, maximizing the athletic ability that some close to him believe is even better than that of either of his brothers. When Trufant was beaten Saturday night it was largely when he bailed out and USC's receivers were able to work themselves free on drag routes across the middle. Scouts appreciate Trufant's coverage skills but furthermore acknowledge that his grade has risen this year because he's been more physical as a run defender. Taking advantage of the national stage, Trufant contributed on special teams in this game, as well, blocking a USC field goal in the third quarter. Hes been awesome against all the top pass offenses in the pac 10 and in Oregon and USC's case, the country! I mean, hes came leaps and bounds from where he was to start the yr, as most had him with a solid if not spectacular career at Washington.. I love the kid, and have been raving for weeks.

nycsportzfan
10-14-2012, 08:58 PM
I have said it before, by the end of the college season(maybe sooner) this kid will be a 1st rounder. People have been talking about him as a 2nd and 3rd rounder. To me, that is unlrealistic. He is not some hidden gem hidding out in some unknown program. Prior to the Stanford upset, maybe I could see an argument for some not knowing as much as they should about him, but not anymore. The USC game only put an exlamation on my point. Well, he really hasen't lived up to his billing in his career to this point.. Again, hes been solid, but unspectacular, and this yr hes stepped it up.. I mean, he still was ranked as about 3rd rder going into yr, so u knew he was solid, but now hes playing at 1st rd level.. I mean, he wasen't even 1st or 2nd all confrence last yr..

nycsportzfan
10-14-2012, 09:01 PM
I do think he has a chance to fly up boards because he is 1 of those guys who may explode at the combine much like Johnson did. Thompson was impressive in his all around game again yesterday, as was Xavier Rhods CB Fla st(dude is awesome)... Thompson ran for a 6.8yrd avg on 10carries(lead team) going for 68yrds on the ground and added 4catches for 27yards..

nycsportzfan
10-14-2012, 09:46 PM
I coulden't wait to do the mock after that awesome, inspiring performance against the 9ers! To bad our D dosen't come out like that every week! Either way, i got us picking about pick 30th we'll say, after this week..

1. Eric Reid S LSU- I was very impressed with him against S.Carolina yesterday, and he came up with a big play as well, securing game with a INT..Hes fell some, but i think the value is there.. Reid is big and physical, and athletic.. I'd be willing to take the risk that he can sharpen up his pass coverege and become more consitent in that aspect.. Hes a hard hitter as well.. U can see that talent is there..

2. Kevin Minter ILB LSU- I have offically fallen in love with him as a prospect.. This kid is super talentedr and very physical, and he and reid would bring attitude to our defense.. I think he'll come out after the yr hes having..

3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- Hes not loading up the SACK stat line, but with that long frame, hes been getting his hands on passes and the potential is there for a few moer sacks.. If he put on a few more lbs, he could be similar to Chris Canty.. I think if hes on the board at end of RD 3, the value is there..

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- This kid can play, as i've watched Penn St a couple times this yr.. Could use a few more lbs, but can get pressure on the QB, and make plays...

5. Connor Vernon WR Duke- I know people don't think we need Wideouts, but we could lose one of Cruz or Nicks down the line, and guys like Barden and Hixon will also possibly get alittle more doe then we want to give em to resign with us, because some despreate teams might want to give em a bit more doe because of them thinking they'd of done more if Nick and Cruz werent on the team.. Obviously wideouts are very impotant to us, and taking one this yr if theres a solid one to take isn't bad idea.. Vernon is really good, has solid size, and good speed.. He definetly reminds me of guy who would excel with ELI throwing em the ball..

6. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- He might be gone before, but if not, Hawkinson makes for a nice swing tackle, who is alittle more finesse then power, but could also be a nice late rd find.. Solid pass blocker

7. Jack Doyle TE W.Kentucky- A sleeper of mine.. He fits the giants type of TE perfectly.. Long limbed kid who has room for a few more lbs, can move soem with the ball in his hands for a TE, and has reliable hands.. A big part of a good W.Kentucky offense...Worth a shot in RD 7..

I went with alot of guys with some upside, as picking in the very late of each rd, teams do sometimes..

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 09:54 PM
Eric Reid isnt getting out of the top 15. Hes as good a player as Mark Barron was.

nycsportzfan
10-14-2012, 10:31 PM
Eric Reid isnt getting out of the top 15. Hes as good a player as Mark Barron was. Hes struggled some up untill yesterday and some have him outta rd 1.. I certainly dropped em down personally without looking at rankings, just from watching em.. But his stock could rise some after yesterday again.. But i dont think hes going top 20...

slipknottin
10-14-2012, 10:34 PM
Hes struggled some up untill yesterday and some have him outta rd 1.. I certainly dropped em down personally without looking at rankings, just from watching em.. But his stock could rise some after yesterday again.. But i dont think hes going top 20...

I think he is by far the best safety in the draft, but we will see.

Kevin Minter bothers me too as a prospect, I get the feeling he measures in at the combine at under 6'. Dont think he has the frame to hold up at MLB in the NFL.

BlueSanta
10-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Thompson was impressive in his all around game again yesterday, as was Xavier Rhods CB Fla st(dude is awesome)... Thompson ran for a 6.8yrd avg on 10carries(lead team) going for 68yrds on the ground and added 4catches for 27yards..

He is an exciting player for sure. I know he has a place in the league. I still dont know if he is full time HB yet, because I think his spinal injury last year will scare some teams away. He will be a big play threat and he is a good kid. But, he also does not seem to be as intent on taking on contact this year, like he was last year. I just wish FSU would use him more conventionally, like they do James Wilder JR. It is hard to evaluate a back when all you see are spread runs. I am not knocking him as much as I am that offense and how they use him. It just adds that tiny little bit of doubt that makes me wonder.

I still think Lonnie Pryor is the best fullback in college football though.

nycsportzfan
10-15-2012, 06:37 AM
I think he is by far the best safety in the draft, but we will see.

Kevin Minter bothers me too as a prospect, I get the feeling he measures in at the combine at under 6'. Dont think he has the frame to hold up at MLB in the NFL. See, i thought Minter looked thick and around his listed HT personally.. Maybe its just the physical way he plays or something, as it seems like he plays big and physical.. I love em as a prospect.. He reminds me of Kelvin Sheppard some... Hes litteraly in on every tackle it seems, and hes strong enough and fast enough to get behind the line and make plays.. I wonder how many TFL he has? Seems like quite a few, but i could be wrong..

I like Reid as well.. Many don't seem to care for em on this thread, and i agree hes having a bit of a down yr, but u can clearly see the talent, and with that size and speed, its very intriguing.. I think reese will like em as well..

nycsportzfan
10-15-2012, 06:39 AM
Hey Slip and Santaman, what do u guys think of Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St??? That is my sleeper 1st rd pick if were in the 30's.. Hes one of the bigger reasons Org St's defense is having such a big yr.. Hes a straight ballhawk..

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 07:31 AM
I would watch that game just to see the TE play alone.Notre Dames Dline is so good. Not really 2013 prospects though.Next year they have a few guys that can go high

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 07:35 AM
See, i thought Minter looked thick and around his listed HT personally.. Maybe its just the physical way he plays or something, as it seems like he plays big and physical.. I love em as a prospect.. He reminds me of Kelvin Sheppard some... Hes litteraly in on every tackle it seems, and hes strong enough and fast enough to get behind the line and make plays.. I wonder how many TFL he has? Seems like quite a few, but i could be wrong..

I like Reid as well.. Many don't seem to care for em on this thread, and i agree hes having a bit of a down yr, but u can clearly see the talent, and with that size and speed, its very intriguing.. I think reese will like em as well..I never said I didnt care for him I said he didnt play well early in the season. Ive gone through all the LSU games except Townson and he has had issues in coverage. Week 1 both TD's were on him. Struggled in Week 2 as well. Seems to have picked it up since then.

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 07:59 AM
What do u guys think of Brandon Coleman WR from Rutgers any of U think he looks like Plaxico. Maybe its because of the 17. he does that high leg stepping thing that Burress does 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc8QWAVE0Nc

slipknottin
10-15-2012, 10:03 AM
See, i thought Minter looked thick and around his listed HT personally.. Maybe its just the physical way he plays or something, as it seems like he plays big and physical.. I love em as a prospect.. He reminds me of Kelvin Sheppard some... Hes litteraly in on every tackle it seems, and hes strong enough and fast enough to get behind the line and make plays.. I wonder how many TFL he has? Seems like quite a few, but i could be wrong..

I like Reid as well.. Many don't seem to care for em on this thread, and i agree hes having a bit of a down yr, but u can clearly see the talent, and with that size and speed, its very intriguing.. I think reese will like em as well..

Minter is thick. Looks like he has a FUllback frame. But I see #52 next to him who is listed as 6'3 and he seems to be at least 3" taller than Minter. I get the feeling Minter is closer to 5'11

BlueSanta
10-15-2012, 02:25 PM
Notre Dames Dline is so good. Not really 2013 prospects though.Next year they have a few guys that can go high

Oh I agree. Their whole defense is stout.

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Minter is thick. Looks like he has a FUllback frame. But I see #52 next to him who is listed as 6'3 and he seems to be at least 3" taller than Minter. I get the feeling Minter is closer to 5'11 He is a little Fullback looking. Sorta like Greg Jones frame.

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 09:05 PM
No 1 likes this Brandon Coleman WR from Rutgers I think he could go in the 1st round

Redeyejedi
10-15-2012, 09:08 PM
He has some concentration issues but physical skills are damn good

vs Uconn 2011

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dz5G1KL1Ho4

vs Arkansas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VLKS1dMAQMQ

vs Syracuse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mc8QWAVE0Nc

nycsportzfan
10-16-2012, 01:17 AM
Minter is thick. Looks like he has a FUllback frame. But I see #52 next to him who is listed as 6'3 and he seems to be at least 3" taller than Minter. I get the feeling Minter is closer to 5'11 We shall see.. To be honest, i love em at 6ft even as well.. The only way the HT is gonna bother me is if hes under 6ft.. I think hes at least 6ft 1/2 inch, personally..

nycsportzfan
10-16-2012, 01:20 AM
Ya, i like Brandon Coleman alot.. I like that offense as a whole alot 2.. Mark harrison, Jawan Jamison, the improved Gary Nova, Tim Wright, and Dc Jefferson make for alot of options offensively..

nycsportzfan
10-16-2012, 01:26 AM
Notre Dame @ Oklahoma coming up in a couple weeks!!!!! Swweeeett!! By the way, that Stan @ ND game lived up to the hype!

I love me some STEPHON TUITT DE NOTRE DAME.. Hes only a sophmore, but this kid was insane against that vaunted Stanford Run, game... 6ft 6in 303lber would have no problem transitioning to 43 DT..

Redeyejedi
10-16-2012, 09:27 AM
Notre Dame @ Oklahoma coming up in a couple weeks!!!!! Swweeeett!! By the way, that Stan @ ND game lived up to the hype!

I love me some STEPHON TUITT DE NOTRE DAME.. Hes only a sophmore, but this kid was insane against that vaunted Stanford Run, game... 6ft 6in 303lber would have no problem transitioning to 43 DT..Yeah he is the best of the bunch

nycsportzfan
10-16-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah he is the best of the bunchwhats ur opinion of Bennie Logan DT L.S.U?? Dudes a beast run defender, and uses his leverege well, and is pretty quick off the snap.. He might not come out, but the guy don't get a ton of hype, but is a solid DT..

nycsportzfan
10-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Kenjon Barner beasted against Arizona st.. Kid can run..

Redeyejedi
10-19-2012, 07:07 AM
Kenjon Barner beasted against Arizona st.. Kid can run..Dion Jordan had a real good game. 2 sacks 5 solo tackles a couple hits 2. I still dont know what to do with him. He really needs to add weight. He is way to thin right now. No way he can play the run right now in the NFL and he isnt that polished as a pass rusher. Physical skill is very high and he has the motor 2 most important things

nycsportzfan
10-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Dion Jordan had a real good game. 2 sacks 5 solo tackles a couple hits 2. I still dont know what to do with him. He really needs to add weight. He is way to thin right now. No way he can play the run right now in the NFL and he isnt that polished as a pass rusher. Physical skill is very high and he has the motor 2 most important things Ya, sometimes guys surprise u and even though the mesuarbles don't stack up, end up being solid players.. Shoot, theres alot of undersized LB's who end up being solid run defenders, maybe Dion Jordan is similar? I would take the chance on em, thats for sure..

nycsportzfan
10-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Kawaan Short is freaking awesome.. I love DT"s that block kicks as a added bounus(hes blocked 4this yr all ready).. The guy gets consistent pressure, has speed and power, and is a complete DT.. I haven't talked much about em the past couple weeks becasue hes pretty much outta the GIANTS range now, as hes moved up to the TEENish area of RD 1..

Heres alittle update on the stout DT

Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
Height: 6-3. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.05.
Projected Round (2013): Top 20.
10/20/12: Short has had a strong first half of the season. He has been one of the top interior pass-rushers in college football. Short had a two-sack game against Notre Dame and dominated in other outings. He has shown the ability to beat guards with strength as well as speed, and looks more powerful this season.

Short has totaled 20 tackles, nine tackles for a loss, four sacks, two passes broken up, four blocked kicks and a forced fumble.

ny06
10-20-2012, 05:11 PM
What do you guys think of Jadeveon Clowney? I know he's only a sophmore, but the guy is a stud at defensive end.

BlueSanta
10-21-2012, 05:32 AM
What do you guys think of Jadeveon Clowney? I know he's only a sophmore, but the guy is a stud at defensive end.

You must plan on the Giants really sucking next year because that guy is likely going to be the 1st overal selection, barring an injury or severe off the field issue.

I always like it when defensive guys get consideration for the heisman. This year Manti Teo is being mentioned, though not as the favorite. Personally, if you ask me who the 2 best players in college football thus far into the year have been 2 defensive guys. Teo and Clowney.

nycsportzfan
10-21-2012, 11:59 PM
Its mock draft time!!! Another game in the books, and another victory! The best part being it was against a divison foe.. Were now 5-2, and if we can beat the cowboys this week, we could be in the drivers seat for awhile.. I 'm gonna have us picking 2nd to last in RD 1 this week up one spot from last week, with only Texans picking after us..

1. Tyer Eifert TE Notre Dame- He was great for ND against BYU, and should of had a bigger game, but TOmmy Rees is terrible.. Eifert is perfect for our team, and its disgusting to think what ELI could do with Eifert, Cruz, and Nicks on the field at same time.. TE might be more of a need, because Martellus Bennetts certainly gonna draw alot of interst from other teams and could be outta our price range..

2.Kevin Minter ILB LSU- Everyone knows how i feel about this guy, and all he did aginst Tex A&M is get 12tackles 1sack 1INT in a close game WIN for the tigers.. Dudes a absoulute animal, and hes a snot knocking LB who plays a physcial brand of football.. He can rush the passer and stop RB's in there tracks.. Good at working through garbage.. I really like em..

3. Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina- He might be gone, but he might be there as well.. Picking at end of RD 3, worth taking a chance on pass rusher, and see if u are the lucky team to have em when his upside finally starts showing... We need a passrusher and get one who could end up being a steal down the rd.. We can afford to gamble here.

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St.- I had him in 4th in one or more of my mocks this yr and hes here this week as well. THe problem is he keeps putting solid gmaes together and i think hes gonna go higher then late 4th.. Either way, hes there this wk.. Hill had a monster game against Iowa this past weekend, making tackles all over the place, and recording a sack(9tckl 1sack) in big blowout win over IOWA.. He can move around well, could benefit from a few ex LB's as he weighs about 295, but hes active, can rush passer, and is solid against the run...

5. Dan Buckner WR Arizona- I know some may think were loaded at WR, but if we lose One of Nicks or Cruz and possibly Barden as well, and not seeing much outta Jerrnigan yet, and Hixons injury history, it might be smart to grab another WR in the mid/late rds.. WR is so instrumental in how our team operates, we gotta make sure we keep the cupboards full at that positon.. Buckner is a big physical WR that has solid hands, and deceptive speed.. I like Buckner alot..

6. Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas- Alot of expiernce, Hawkinson could be a steal as he was once a projected 2nd rd pick a couple yrs ago.. Hawkinson could be a possible swing tackle, jack of all trades player for us.. Hes in the mold of last yrs cardnial 7th rd pick OT NATE POTTER formerly of Boise St.. Similar skill set, and both were projected to go higher at one point, but lack of strength had em drop... If Hawkinson gets alittle stronger, he's gonna be a solid NFL lineman...

7. Dominique Battle CB Cincy- Good sized CB, who has solid speed and is solid in coverege.. Needs to make more plays though..

juice33s
10-22-2012, 11:24 PM
I'm sure most of you heard already, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL

nycsportzfan
10-23-2012, 02:44 AM
I'm sure most of you heard already, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL dang, i didnt here that.. What a bummer! I really liked that kid as a change of pace back falling somewhere in the middle of Darren Sproles and Lerod Stephens Howling talent wise... Thats 2 bad..

BlueSanta
10-23-2012, 04:42 AM
I'm sure most of you heard already, but FSU RB Chris Thompson tore his ACL

yeah I heard. It is too bad, you always root for kids like this. He is a very popular player on the team.

nycsportzfan
10-26-2012, 09:10 AM
wow, Doug Martin was completely unstoppable agaisnt a stout Viking defense last night.. He displayed everything a fulltime NFL back needs to display.. Power(he broke many arm tackles and his 1yrd td run was freaking awesome!), speed(brokeaway on a couple plays for huge gains), Catching ability(3catches 79yrd 1td), Grace(made a few nifty moves)...etc It sure isnt taking him long to establish himself as a force to reckon with for yrs to come.. Hes the complete package and kudos to TB for being slick and moving ahead of us to grab em...

thats not to say dave wilson isn't gonna be solid, but this doug martin is as complete as it gets.

nycsportzfan
10-26-2012, 10:23 AM
Whats everyones take on Tank Carradine DE Fla ST? Hes got a solid pact of numbers this season and solid ht/wt and seems to be a sure riser so far that is taking his opp and running with it(jenkins season long injury).. I'd gotta think a player like Carradine would be a possiblity if the GMEN end up picking in the last 2-3 picks of the draft if he keeps it up...

nycsportzfan
10-26-2012, 10:29 AM
Walts partner, Charlie Campbell's mock out today has our 1st 3rds going like this this wk.. I don't mind it, all though i would of waited on Dallas Thomas in RD 1, with who he had left..

1. Dallas Thomas G/T TENN
2. Shariff Floyd DT FLORIDA(big floyd fan.. Extremely strong and stout at point of attack)
3. Johnathan Brown OLB ILLINOIS..( Didn't realize how dominant he was last yr! 20TFL!! Obviously a dip in numbers with mercilus gone, but still a solid player

The only change i'd of made was going with either Eric Reid, Tj McDonald, Desmond Trufant, or possibly Tank Carradine over Dallas Thomas in RD 1.. Eric Reid would of been my pick...

Redeyejedi
10-26-2012, 11:34 AM
A guy thats really underrated is UCLA LB Anthony Barr. Seen 2 of his games this year and he has been great

juice33s
10-27-2012, 01:19 PM
Well Marcus Lattimore's career is over.....Hate to kick dirt on a guy when he's down, but I always thought he was over rated anyway

penguinfarmer
10-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Walts partner, Charlie Campbell's mock out today has our 1st 3rds going like this this wk.. I don't mind it, all though i would of waited on Dallas Thomas in RD 1, with who he had left..

1. Dallas Thomas G/T TENN
2. Shariff Floyd DT FLORIDA(big floyd fan.. Extremely strong and stout at point of attack)
3. Johnathan Brown OLB ILLINOIS..( Didn't realize how dominant he was last yr! 20TFL!! Obviously a dip in numbers with mercilus gone, but still a solid player

The only change i'd of made was going with either Eric Reid, Tj McDonald, Desmond Trufant, or possibly Tank Carradine over Dallas Thomas in RD 1.. Eric Reid would of been my pick...

I really like Floyd. I was hoping for a more explosive 3T than what the Giants are currently fielding after Canty. I think DT depth may be more important than trying to replace Osi.

BlueSanta
10-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Whats everyones take on Tank Carradine DE Fla ST? Hes got a solid pact of numbers this season and solid ht/wt and seems to be a sure riser so far that is taking his opp and running with it(jenkins season long injury).. I'd gotta think a player like Carradine would be a possiblity if the GMEN end up picking in the last 2-3 picks of the draft if he keeps it up...

I think he is 1 of the most underrated prospects in the country. He plays very similar to a young Justin Tuck(cept from other side.) He is quick off the ball, stellar vs the run, is a powerfull bull rusher and can stunt as well as anyone. Personally, for a 43 team I think he is a better prospect than the guy he replaced for injury Brandon Jenkins.

heavyhitter
10-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Well Marcus Lattimore's career is over.....Hate to kick dirt on a guy when he's down, but I always thought he was over rated anywayHope I'm wrong but after seeing that injury to Lattimore, I think his football days are numbered. Absolute brutal injury & tough to watch.

juice33s
10-27-2012, 05:05 PM
Hope I'm wrong but after seeing that injury to Lattimore, I think his football days are numbered. Absolute brutal injury & tough to watch.
It looked like his leg got ripped off his body from the knee down

heavyhitter
10-27-2012, 05:13 PM
I think he is 1 of the most underrated prospects in the country. He plays very similar to a young Justin Tuck(cept from other side.) He is quick off the ball, stellar vs the run, is a powerfull bull rusher and can stunt as well as anyone. Personally, for a 43 team I think he is a better prospect than the guy he replaced for injury Brandon Jenkins.Tank is a damn beast at DE! Can u imagine if Jenkins was healthy this year. G reat fron t 4 for the Noles. I'm impressed by LB Christian Jo nes as well. He wont be coming out this year but definitely a prospect to keep an eye on, great talent & potential!

Redeyejedi
10-28-2012, 07:56 AM
Golson was great last night. That says a lot about a QB. He hasn't played that well all year then in the teams biggest game against the best opponent on the road he plays great. Looked like he turned the corner last night. Im usually the biggest ND hater but I like this team and I find myself rooting for them to win. I love their Dline so much they are great to watch.

heavyhitter
10-28-2012, 01:19 PM
It looked like his leg got ripped off his body from the knee downPretty much what happened, he tore all 4 ligaments (ACL, MCL, PCL, LCL) and broke his femur & patella as well. Absolute terrible injury and wish nothing but the best for M. Lattimore

heavyhitter
10-28-2012, 01:27 PM
Great game yesterday for USC WR Marquise Lee. He had 16 catches for 345 yards and 2 TD's (469 all purpose yards). Another guy I like is UNC RB Giovani Bernard. I think he is extremely underrated and easily a top 5 RB in the nation

Imgrate
10-28-2012, 01:29 PM
Latavius Murray rb ucf. Big dude.

BlueSanta
10-28-2012, 07:58 PM
Latavius Murray rb ucf. Big dude. He is a good player, very versatile for such a big guy. But, he is tall with long legs and he already tore his knee up once. Tall RBs with previous leg injuries will always be a risk. If he can stay healthy he will make an NFL team.

nycsportzfan
11-02-2012, 07:15 PM
I think he is 1 of the most underrated prospects in the country. He plays very similar to a young Justin Tuck(cept from other side.) He is quick off the ball, stellar vs the run, is a powerfull bull rusher and can stunt as well as anyone. Personally, for a 43 team I think he is a better prospect than the guy he replaced for injury Brandon Jenkins.thanks santaman. I'm in middle of moving(again..lol) , so won't be on as much as i'd like.. Anyway, thanks for info.. I like what i know as well..

nycsportzfan
11-03-2012, 08:25 AM
never got a chance to do my weekly mock after Dallas game.. I got us picking last in RD 1, because quite frankly, i think were the best team in football right now.. So, here we go..

RD1.. Tank Carradine DE Florida St- Obviously, DE will be somewhat of a need seeing how Tuck and OSI are aging and theres not a whole lot behind JPP going forward.. Carradine is having a nice season with 41tackles 8tfl 7sacks 1ff.. Very impressive indeed.. Also, hes got solid length at 6ft 5in while weighing in at respectable 265lbs.. If Carradine is off the board, i'd consider Poyer, Eifert, Okafor, or TJ Mcdonald..

RD2.. Brennan Williams OT UNC- Season was cut short due to torn labrum, which will probably drop his stock.. If hes around end of 2nd rd, hes huge value, and could be are future RT for yrs to come if Brewer dosen't pan out.. Could also learn under Locklear for 1more season , assuming we give em another yr , as hes been so impressive... Williams was doing well early on blocking for Giovanni Bernard and is a solid pass protector..

RD3.. Duke Williams S Nevada- The more i learn, the more i like from the Big S from Nevada.. He supports the run well, and has defended a solid amount of passes from the S positon.. Hes got good size/speed combonation, and is a very well rounded player..

RD4.. Rod Sweeting CB Ga Tech- One of my sleeper CB's, Sweeting has solid HT, all though alittle slender, but he is a physical player who has solid ball skills..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- Very talented player who would be more of a option in pass offense if Oh St had a more accurate passer at QB.. Stoneburner was suspended early on, and dosent' have gaudy numbers, so he could slide, but i think hes more taletned then where he's perdicted to go as of right now..

RD6.. Dan Buckner WR Arizona- Big Strong WR whos having a solid season.. We could possibly use another player at WR if were to lose Barden, and with Nicks and Cruz pending Fa'cy in the forseeable future, and Jerrnigan not showing a whole lot quite yet... Nicks being somewhat injury prone also plays into this selection, as well as WR being so important to our offense and what we do...

RD7.. Steve Greer ILB Virginia- Very productive player for Cavs all though kinda undersized for MLB positon.. Build seems to learn torward being able to gain some weight going forward.. Worth the gamble this late, becuase of his on field production...

nycsportzfan
11-04-2012, 10:20 AM
Kenjon Barner beasted against Arizona st.. Kid can run.. Jesus, Barner beasts against everyone.. Dude went for 38carry 321yrd 5td 2catch 26yrd!!! HOLY CRAPOLLA!!!! Barner is a freaking beast!

nycsportzfan
11-04-2012, 10:23 AM
nigel malone CB K.state with another pick.. Hes a really solid CB.. I've mocked em a couple times to us, and i really think he's gonna be a top 4rd CB by time is said and done, if not all ready..

BlueSanta
11-04-2012, 06:11 PM
Jesus, Barner beasts against everyone.. Dude went for 38carry 321yrd 5td 2catch 26yrd!!! HOLY CRAPOLLA!!!! Barner is a freaking beast!

As a kid, I remember watching Barry Sanders in that remarkable 1988 season where he won the Heisman. In particular I remember that Bowl game where he had 5 TDs. I think I will remember last nights performance by Barner with a similar amount of awe. It was remarkable.

I also think Oregon has a future Heisman guy in Markus Mariota, provided he can avoid injury. That is 1 cool customer for a redshirt freshman.

nycsportzfan
11-05-2012, 10:12 AM
As a kid, I remember watching Barry Sanders in that remarkable 1988 season where he won the Heisman. In particular I remember that Bowl game where he had 5 TDs. I think I will remember last nights performance by Barner with a similar amount of awe. It was remarkable.

I also think Oregon has a future Heisman guy in Markus Mariota, provided he can avoid injury. That is 1 cool customer for a redshirt freshman. you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks.. Now do u see why i was so high on Martin??? Dude is the complete package!!!! THe bucs totally got us on that one, and kudos to there GM and war room for realizing we were probably thinking RB... I tell ya what, i actually hope that reese did have martin pegged as our pick, because if he didn't, it was bad GM'ing, becasue the dudes incredible! Speed, strength, burst, hands...etc That dude is utterly insane!

I raved about that guy for months before the draft, and even i coulden't see him becoming this studly so fast! WOW!

nycsportzfan
11-05-2012, 10:20 AM
This weekend belonged to Kenjon Barner and Doug Martin.. Seriously, i don't remember seeing 2backs do what they did on the big stage(not talking some weak pathetic college team giving up a ridiculous game) in quite some time..

Barner- 38carry 321yrd 5td 2catch 26yrd

D.Martin- 25carry 251yrd 4td 4catch 21yrd Freaking insane!!!! Martin did that coming off a 29carry 135yrd 1td 3catch 79yrd 1td game!!

Complete package! It makes me sick we were so close to getting doug martin! Could u imagine having that guy in our backfield with Cruz and Nicks on the outside? I am in awe of that guy! Seriously, i compared to Ray Rice and MJD , but this kid is doing things that make them look a step below.. I told everyone that Martin was the type of back that was gonna handle a full workload and could break big runs just as good as anyone regardless of the speed.. Another words, he had enough speed where if he got into the open he simply wasen't getting caught... To go with that strong build, hands...etc

I'm sorry, i just get really excited when guys do stuff like Barner and Martin.. And coming on a weekend when the giants lost a game they should of won, i need something!!!lol

Cloud57
11-05-2012, 01:54 PM
man I wish we had an exciting running game....

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 08:43 PM
you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks.. Now do u see why i was so high on Martin??? Dude is the complete package!!!! THe bucs totally got us on that one, and kudos to there GM and war room for realizing we were probably thinking RB... I tell ya what, i actually hope that reese did have martin pegged as our pick, because if he didn't, it was bad GM'ing, becasue the dudes incredible! Speed, strength, burst, hands...etc That dude is utterly insane!

I raved about that guy for months before the draft, and even i coulden't see him becoming this studly so fast! WOW!

I think you are confusing me with someone who didnt like Martin. I have said all along I liked him too and thought that this RB class was going to be remembered when all is said and done. I just dont think there is a nearly the gap in talent difference between a guy like Martin and Wilson(and a few others too) to warrant the trade up they did. Wilson is after all a longer term play being almost 3 years younger than Martin.

I just didnt think the value differences people were assigning between the RBs(other that TR who was clearly the #1) was very accurate. I still think that holds true. Martin was the most NFL ready for sure, but he is also a lot older than some of the other guys. Martin also went to a team with an offense that needs a primary guy.

Martin has also yet to perform vs a good defense. He has had some very good games vs some very bad defenses tho, that is for sure.

Call me crazy but i sill think down the road guys like Lamar Miller , Wilson and even Lamichael James will become good players to go with the Martins, Richardsons and Alfred Morrises who are already lighting it up. They just havent gotten their chances yet.

BlueSanta
11-05-2012, 08:53 PM
you must really be in awe of Doug Martins performance then, seeing how it was against a NFL team, and without there star G Carl Nicks..

I was really talking college football. I think the reason why I will remember Barner's performance is because it was against USC. Sure, USC isnt the team people thought in preseason, but it was certainly still a talented team(though I maintain Lane Kiffin is a idiot.)

I also think , not to take anything away from barner, that Oregon's offense is a marvel to watch. I love me some defense, but if I could choose to watch any offense week in and week out for a lifetime, it would be a Chip Kelly offense.

nycsportzfan
11-06-2012, 06:31 AM
I was really talking college football. I think the reason why I will remember Barner's performance is because it was against USC. Sure, USC isnt the team people thought in preseason, but it was certainly still a talented team(though I maintain Lane Kiffin is a idiot.)

I also think , not to take anything away from barner, that Oregon's offense is a marvel to watch. I love me some defense, but if I could choose to watch any offense week in and week out for a lifetime, it would be a Chip Kelly offense.chip kelly is a offensive genius.. Still, barners performance was sensational.. It was amazing to watch 2 running performances of that caliber in the same weekend(all though i didn't watch closely doug martins because giants were on, they were on a couple tv's at the bar i was at)..

nycsportzfan
11-06-2012, 06:40 AM
I think you are confusing me with someone who didnt like Martin. I have said all along I liked him too and thought that this RB class was going to be remembered when all is said and done. I just dont think there is a nearly the gap in talent difference between a guy like Martin and Wilson(and a few others too) to warrant the trade up they did. Wilson is after all a longer term play being almost 3 years younger than Martin.

I just didnt think the value differences people were assigning between the RBs(other that TR who was clearly the #1) was very accurate. I still think that holds true. Martin was the most NFL ready for sure, but he is also a lot older than some of the other guys. Martin also went to a team with an offense that needs a primary guy.

Martin has also yet to perform vs a good defense. He has had some very good games vs some very bad defenses tho, that is for sure.

Call me crazy but i sill think down the road guys like Lamar Miller , Wilson and even Lamichael James will become good players to go with the Martins, Richardsons and Alfred Morrises who are already lighting it up. They just havent gotten their chances yet. I agree, but Martin did take his chance by the horns, and did have Legarette Blount there.. I'm not saying it was barry sanders in front of em, but it certainly was someone whos fairly young and rushed for 1000yrds all ready.. Not to mention, kinda shows u what kinda back Martin is, when Legarette coulden't do nothing compared to what we've seen with Doug Martin up to this point, even without Carl Nicks..

I'm with you, on the fact the RB class was awesome, as i said the same thing over and over, but Doug Martin in my opinon, was clearly the number 2 guy in that class, and u simply can't keep talent like that on the bench, as it just shows through during practice or in pre season or in games before long.. Its why guys like AP, Barry Sanders, Emmitt Smith, Ray Rice, MJD, thurman thomas, and now Doug Martin all had big success either in YR 1 or YR 2.. It certainly started in YR 1 for all of em though.. None of em had any total measly numbers in there first yr by any stretch.. Doug Martin will certainly have probably the best stats outta anyone of em after there first yr though, thats for sure.. Obviously, hes got a long way to go, but that speaks some volume.. Not to mention hes doing it on a team who needed to fire there coach after last yr and had a measly offense before he came along..

Shoot, without Doug Martin, those guys aren't winning cr-ap for games at this point.. Hes helping Josh Freeman out so much its not even funny!

I freaking love em!!!lol I sure wish he was balling on our team!

nycsportzfan
11-06-2012, 07:08 AM
Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Time for the WEEKLY Mock.. Unfortunetly we lost this past week, in a game we certainly should of won.. Either way our Run defense was grossly bad and we need to get a stud at LB in my opinion in the first few rds.. I got us picking 29th after the loss.. Anyways, here we go..

RD1.. Eric Reid S L.S.U- KP will probably be gone,a nd we just don't know how long Brown can keep up his great play, and even if he does, depth is a issue. Reid is a enforcer out there with sky is the limit potential.. I think if hes on the board this late, hes well worth the risk..

RD2.. Michael Mauti ILB Penn St- One of my fave players in the country, the kid would fit our defense like a glove, and plays with a tenacity on defense and never takes plays off.. Herzlich was a liability this past week, and outside of splash plays, Blackburn has also been a liability of sorts.. We need a young stud at ILB for the future..

RD3.. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Not super heavy by any stretch, Jordan Hill can rush the passer and make plays behind the line.. He seems like a perfect fit side by side with Linval Joseph.. I really like the Penn st defense this yr, and Mauti and Hill kinda lead the group.. So i don't mind double dipping from there in RDs 2and3..

RD4.. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Kinda under the radar T prospect from small school Kent St.. Reminds me of T.J Lang from a few yrs ago.. Winters could give Brewer nice comp going forward for RT positon and maybe eventually take over for Snee when the time comes at G..

RD5.. Jake Stoneburner TE Ohio St- I spoke about him in last weeks mock.. I like his upside and pass catching ability. I think he could become a nice safety valve for ELI and possibly a future starter for us.. Could use a few more lb's, but has the frame for it, i believe..

RD6.. Knile Davis RB Arkansas- Simply a value pick.. Dude was perdicted to go in RD 1 as of last yr, and injury occured and hasen't performed as expected this yr, and stock has plummeted.. If hes on the board this late, i could see Reese rolling the dice on the burly RB.. He'd complement David Wilson and Andre Brown nicely going forward, and if were to lose Andre Brown, Wilson and Davis could form a nice duo going forward.. Either way, another RD isn't a bad idea, if the value is there.

RD7... Braxston Cave C N.Dame- This kid is a qualtiy center.. Notre Dame is running the ball fantastically this season and Cave is one reason why.. Hes got a solid NFL frame and if we think Baas is to pricey to keep going forward, we could add a c to challenge Cordle down the line..

Im not really with you on this 1. Not so much because of the players, who are all decent players in their own right, but because of the need side of the equation. I do think Safety is a question mark, but the emergence of Brown and Hill lessen the need. Between those 2 players I do think we have a capable replacement for KP. I still think we need passrushers and a corner and perhaps a MLB on the defensive side and Olinemen on the offensive side. I would like to see us address these holes.

I am not yet sold on Mauti either. I think he is a very good college player but am not sold yet on his game translating to the NFL. This is a guy who has had 2 ACL surgeries and while I think he is plenty insinctive, I want to see him move around and make plays vs a good team.

I do like the later half of your picks though.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 04:09 PM
I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 04:33 PM

Depending on where we pick. I would like

1st - Manti T'eo or Kevin Minter
2nd - Tharold Simon

Still working on 3-5 rounds. subject to change, leaning towards OL from 3-4 then DT 5th
Would like to bring in Tyrann Mathieu as a UDFA tryout and based on if the coaches can get this kid on the right track sign him to a low risk deal. Too much raw talent, just too much.

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 04:59 PM
I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid.

I still believe him, or I understand his logic. Again, you cannot discount the age difference in these 2 players. Its almost 3 years. Furthemore, I doubt any person on these board saw Wilson play more in college than I did, and I completely understand why he was rated so high by Reese. I also understand why Martin was rated so high by Tampa. fact is, they are both going to be good.

3 years ago, Doug Martin was actually smaller than Wilson is right now. That's how much those 3 years matter just in physical stature, not to mention maturity. Martin was clearly the better pick for today, but what about tomorrow?

When Wilson is coming to the end of his rookie contract, he will be about the same age as Martin is now. There is just way too much football left to be played to answer definitively.

Furthermore, Martin went to a team that plays rookie RBs. Wilson did not.

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Depending on where we pick. I would like

1st - Manti T'eo or Kevin Minter
2nd - Tharold Simon

Still working on 3-5 rounds. subject to change, leaning towards OL from 3-4 then DT 5th
Would like to bring in Tyrann Mathieu as a UDFA tryout and based on if the coaches can get this kid on the right track sign him to a low risk deal. Too much raw talent, just too much.

We will have to stay on the suck train to have a chance to draft T'eo. His stock is soaring, especially for 3-4 teams.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 05:05 PM
We will have to stay on the suck train to have a chance to draft T'eo. His stock is soaring, especially for 3-4 teams.
Kevin Minter would not be that much far off. Either of the two would work for me T'eo wold be my first choice though. I agree which is why i said depending on where we draft, I can see T'eo dropping no farther than 15, then again we can have a Prince scenario again.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I still believe him, or I understand his logic. Again, you cannot discount the age difference in these 2 players. Its almost 3 years. Furthemore, I doubt any person on these board saw Wilson play more in college than I did, and I completely understand why he was rated so high by Reese. I also understand why Martin was rated so high by Tampa. fact is, they are both going to be good.

3 years ago, Doug Martin was actually smaller than Wilson is right now. That's how much those 3 years matter just in physical stature, not to mention maturity. Martin was clearly the better pick for today, but what about tomorrow?

When Wilson is coming to the end of his rookie contract, he will be about the same age as Martin is now. There is just way too much football left to be played to answer definitively.

Maybe I am just being bias but I rated Martin higher than any of the RB's last year. I did not put age into a factor, he was the most day one pro ready Back, and the fact that he could block out of the back field, I thought that was enough to rate him higher than Wilson who had fumble issues in college.

I also believed that Fleener was high on our boards, but due to Tampa's move it made us re assess our order.

rainierjef
11-06-2012, 05:10 PM

Maybe I am just being bias but I rated Martin higher than any of the RB's last year. I did not put age into a factor, he was the most day one pro ready Back, and the fact that he could block out of the back field, I thought that was enough to rate him higher than Wilson who had fumble issues in college.

I also believed that Fleener was high on our boards, but due to Tampa's move it made us re assess our order.

BlueSanta
11-06-2012, 05:39 PM

I certainly see why many had Martin over wilson, but I also understand why some had it the other way around.

I do not agree on Fleener.I think we have fought this war before though. I think he was a decent prospect but I think there are 2 or 3 TEs coming out this year that are better NFL prospects. Including Ertz, his former teamates. As I said on draft day i thought Dwayne Allen was every bit as good a prospect as Fleener, and I didnt think either deserved a 1st round grade. I think so far this year, that is holding true as Allen has now passed Fleener on the Colts depth chart playing 79% of the offensive snaps, compared to just 49% for Fleener.

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:27 AM
I just find it funny that fan's believe everything that Reese tells them. They don't bother to look at the college games, watch a couple of highlights with music. Nothing against Wilson, but to say he was number one on the giants board over martin is just stupid. i coulden't agree more.. I've stood pat in my thinking the same thing, and am on record saying this over and over since the draft.. I 100pct think Doug Martin would of been a giant had he been on the board when we picked, and thats of course with David Wilson still being there as well..

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:29 AM
Kevin Minter would not be that much far off. Either of the two would work for me T'eo wold be my first choice though. I agree which is why i said depending on where we draft, I can see T'eo dropping no farther than 15, then again we can have a Prince scenario again. I'm also a big Kevin Minter fan as well. I do a weekly mock, and hes been in my mocks a few times, with rave reviews.. I want enforcers out there, and guys who like to make big game changing hits, and play with a reckless abandon, and Minter fits that mold in my opinion.. I love Minter, Mauti, Te'o at the MLB positon, much more then i do Kevin Red**** or Nico Johnson.. I think Arthur Brown is to slender for the MLB positon in the pros, and will move to the WLB positon...

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:33 AM

I also believed that Fleener was high on our boards, but due to Tampa's move it made us re assess our order. Nah man, i here ya.. I had Martin as a 1st rder when he was still rated late 2nd/3rd on most peoples boards.. I knew he was gonna fly up draft boards, and i had em as the 2nd best RB months before the draft.. Whitney Mercilus and Doug Martin were my dream picks for us, in a perfect world.. They were the 2 that i wanted more then anyone else.. I thought David WIlson was more of a 2nd rd pick, and i really was bummed we didn't pick CORDY GLENN when our pick was up and Doug Martin was off the board.. Of course none of this is hindsight, as i said it before the Wilson pick..

I honestly believe Tampa knew we were gonna go Doug Martin, and thats wy they moved ahead of us.. I'd find Reese to be utterly stupid if he came out and said " Tampa got us for sure, and we would of taken martin all day long!"...LOL What else was he gonna say?

Redeyejedi
11-07-2012, 06:35 AM
Hope all are doing well just got power back, still no internet

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:36 AM
I certainly see why many had Martin over wilson, but I also understand why some had it the other way around.

I do not agree on Fleener.I think we have fought this war before though. I think he was a decent prospect but I think there are 2 or 3 TEs coming out this year that are better NFL prospects. Including Ertz, his former teamates. As I said on draft day i thought Dwayne Allen was every bit as good a prospect as Fleener, and I didnt think either deserved a 1st round grade. I think so far this year, that is holding true as Allen has now passed Fleener on the Colts depth chart playing 79% of the offensive snaps, compared to just 49% for Fleener. Ya, remember how peeved i was when we didn't take Dwayne Allen in RD 2?? I was making jokes about it saying " the colts were so shocked we didn't take Allen that they forgot they took Fleener and took another TE in Allen!!"...lol

Everyone knows how high i was on Dwayne Allen.. I could of cared less about his combine because his Tape showed great leaping ability and solid hands and ability to beat LB's down the seam and redzone capabilites.. Alot of people soured on him becasuse of his combine, i for one was not one of em.. I also liked Fleener, but i liked Dwayne Allen just as much...

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:36 AM
Hope all are doing well just got power back, still no internet Sorry to here that redeye! HOpe ur doing well!!!!

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:52 AM
Im not really with you on this 1. Not so much because of the players, who are all decent players in their own right, but because of the need side of the equation. I do think Safety is a question mark, but the emergence of Brown and Hill lessen the need. Between those 2 players I do think we have a capable replacement for KP. I still think we need passrushers and a corner and perhaps a MLB on the defensive side and Olinemen on the offensive side. I would like to see us address these holes.

I am not yet sold on Mauti either. I think he is a very good college player but am not sold yet on his game translating to the NFL. This is a guy who has had 2 ACL surgeries and while I think he is plenty insinctive, I want to see him move around and make plays vs a good team.

I do like the later half of your picks though. Ya, to each his own.. I actually like this mock more then some of my others, and not as much as a few of my others.. Obviously things change with prospects wk to wk, so i'm trying to make it as realistic as possible.. Sure, there might be other players i like more or whatever, but i'm trying to think about where were picking, and where prospects are rated for most part as of now and etc..

As far as S goes, i'm not completely sold on Stevie Brown as a longterm solution, and i'm not sure Will Hill is anything more then a "ok" player either.. Stevie Browns been in league about 4yrs or so and has done next to nothing and now all of a sudden hes Ed REed...lol I'm not sure if hes just not been in the right place at the right time, or if hes just been overlooked or what? As for Hill, i gotta see more to think hes anything special, as far as Starter or what not.. And even if Both are longterm solid, i don't see Rolle with his salary being around 2 much longer, and Sash isn't that impressive to this point(i've been wrong about him so far), and theres nothing after that.. Also, Eric Reid's got Top 10potential, and i like taking chances on guys sometimes that have sky high potential when picking at end of rd 1.. I like how he hits, and i think hes gonna be a all around hard hitting playmaking saftey when said and done... I believe S is one of our biggest needs going forward.. Obviously we could go in another direction and i'd be fine with that as well, but bang for buck, i think Reid offers great potential in the 29th pick of rd 1, where i had us picking this week.

As far as Mauti, i just love em.. Hes freaking everywhere all the time.. U rarley see a play where hes not involved.. Hes shown the ability to make plays in the pass game as well as behind the line, and is a sound tackler..I think Mauti will bring a great attitude and aggresive approach to the defense.. I just like the way he plays the game, and as u said, his instincts are off the chart..

Jordan Hill is just a playmaker.. Like i said, hes a little light, but hes great at getting behind the line and making plays, and as u said, we need to get more of a pass rush, and to me, it don['t matter where that pass rush comes from, and Hill will be good for 4-6 sacks a yr, i believe...

As for the other guys, i think Brian Winters will be a steal, and hes a offensive lineman, and between James Brewer, Brian Winters, Mitch Petrus, Will Beatty, Kevin Boothe, David Baas, Braxston Cave, Chris Snee, and hopefully Sean Locklear for another yr, i think we'll be all good at Oline for at least next yr, and hopefully beyond.. But at least good enoguh to wait if we have to and go oline in 2014 a bit earlier.. Obviously some of my mocks have Oline in first couple rds, so i'm not against it by any stretch, just the way i went this week with who i think will be on the board and what not..

nycsportzfan
11-07-2012, 06:59 AM
How nasty is Penn St's DEION BARNES DE gonna be down the line? Hes only a freshman but the kid can ball.. Kids got 3FF 6TFL 4SACK.. Hes gonna be quite good..

Redeyejedi
11-07-2012, 07:04 AM
Yeah I got Bama LSU but no other new games. Video production has slowed. probably wont be getting new games for awhile Cable company cant give me a date when it will be back up. Could be weeks

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 11:55 AM
I view mlb as a luxury pick. going into next year our DL could be in shambles if we don't bolster it with more young talent. Likewise, we could use another big corner to play on the outside.

rainierjef
11-07-2012, 12:59 PM
In a 4-3 defense a great MLB can anchor down on the run forcing the pass, which will keep the ball in the hands of the QB longer for a pass rush to generate. It has been years, decades since we have a top tier MLB. DL is needed as well don't get me wrong but If we have the shot at getting a top prospect MLB, I hope that the route we go. Osi was found in the 2nd round and Tuck was found in the 3rd, you don't need a 1st round pick on a DE to get a top talent.

BlueSanta
11-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Ya, remember how peeved i was when we didn't take Dwayne Allen in RD 2?? I was making jokes about it saying " the colts were so shocked we didn't take Allen that they forgot they took Fleener and took another TE in Allen!!"...lol

I do remember prior to the draft it was you and me vs the world on the Allen vs Fleener issue. After a while I just stopped arguing with people because Fleener had SUCH a fanfare. So many wanted him to be our 1st rounder. The fact is they were very even prospects and neither belonged in the 1st round. Furthermore, I would still maintain for what we do here in NY and how we use the TE, Allen was the better prospect. I would understand how for many teams, Fleener was the better, but not the way we use a TE under TC.

Imgrate
11-07-2012, 09:52 PM
In a 4-3 defense a great MLB can anchor down on the run forcing the pass, which will keep the ball in the hands of the QB longer for a pass rush to generate. It has been years, decades since we have a top tier MLB. DL is needed as well don't get me wrong but If we have the shot at getting a top prospect MLB, I hope that the route we go. Osi was found in the 2nd round and Tuck was found in the 3rd, you don't need a 1st round pick on a DE to get a top talent.pass rushers and cover guys win games on the defensive side of the ball. Joseph and jpp are the only young studs on our DL

rainierjef
11-08-2012, 12:08 AM
pass rushers and cover guys win games on the defensive side of the ball. Joseph and jpp are the only young studs on our DL
Do you not remember L.T?
Did you not see ray lewis in his prime?
I am not arguing with you but a top tier MLB in our defense is a big piece to the puzzle of getting this defense back on track. We run a rotational DE system, you don't need to stock pile 1-3rd picks on DE's.
DT's i can agree with you Canty is getting paid too much, and outside of Linval and him no one else really fills the void.

BlueSanta
11-08-2012, 05:43 AM
Do you not remember L.T?
Did you not see ray lewis in his prime?
I am not arguing with you but a top tier MLB in our defense is a big piece to the puzzle of getting this defense back on track. We run a rotational DE system, you don't need to stock pile 1-3rd picks on DE's.
DT's i can agree with you Canty is getting paid too much, and outside of Linval and him no one else really fills the void.

Well, i agree that we need another LB who can be a plugger and a Cover guy. Our play at the Lb position this year has been poor. I also agree Canty is being paid too much. Last year was the 1st year he ever earned that contract.

But I am not really sure I understand your point otherwise. LT was a passrusher so he actually substantiates Imgrate's point, not yours. He was a 3-4 weakside backer which is very very different from a LB in a 43 system. In fact, it is FAR closer to a 43 defensive end.

You also cant really compare a 34 LB to a 43 Lb since they do have completely different responsibilities.

What we need is a guy who can play in both congestion and in space. Unfortunately for us, those guys are typically early round only guys because they are rare. We have a few guys that can do 1 or the other, but nobody who can do both.

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 06:37 AM
I do remember prior to the draft it was you and me vs the world on the Allen vs Fleener issue. After a while I just stopped arguing with people because Fleener had SUCH a fanfare. So many wanted him to be our 1st rounder. The fact is they were very even prospects and neither belonged in the 1st round. Furthermore, I would still maintain for what we do here in NY and how we use the TE, Allen was the better prospect. I would understand how for many teams, Fleener was the better, but not the way we use a TE under TC. Well, me personally, i liked Fleener as well, and still do, but i really liked Dwayne Allen adn thought the value in RD 2 was there for the pickin with Allen.. There was one guy in paticular in this thread who i debated against heavy with Allen.. He loved the fact he didn't do well at the combine, and i just kept telling em, i could care less, because i seen what he could do on the field.. I was shocked he didn't have a better vertical jump then he did, because i seen him leap outta the stadium a few times in college.. Either way, like i believe i said then, i just didn't care what he did at the combine, becasue i was sold on him as a "football player"...

It still erks me that we went Randle and not Allen in RD 2.. We'd be completely set going forward at TE with Dwayne Allen at the TE positon.. All though i do understand there was value with Randle as well, i just wasen't sold on him, as much as i was on Allen... Allen is freaking awesome.. I compared em to FRED DAVIS alot, and thats the kinda TE i think he is, minus the head case stuff...

Redeyejedi
11-08-2012, 07:11 AM
Well, me personally, i liked Fleener as well, and still do, but i really liked Dwayne Allen adn thought the value in RD 2 was there for the pickin with Allen.. There was one guy in paticular in this thread who i debated against heavy with Allen.. He loved the fact he didn't do well at the combine, and i just kept telling em, i could care less, because i seen what he could do on the field.. I was shocked he didn't have a better vertical jump then he did, because i seen him leap outta the stadium a few times in college.. Either way, like i believe i said then, i just didn't care what he did at the combine, becasue i was sold on him as a "football player"...

It still erks me that we went Randle and not Allen in RD 2.. We'd be completely set going forward at TE with Dwayne Allen at the TE positon.. All though i do understand there was value with Randle as well, i just wasen't sold on him, as much as i was on Allen... Allen is freaking awesome.. I compared em to FRED DAVIS alot, and thats the kinda TE i think he is, minus the head case stuff...Im with u on Alllen . An injury at WR this team can handle. An injury at TE and the position becomes a joke

Imgrate
11-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Do you not remember L.T? Did you not see ray lewis in his prime?I am not arguing with you but a top tier MLB in our defense is a big piece to the puzzle of getting this defense back on track. We run a rotational DE system, you don't need to stock pile 1-3rd picks on DE's. DT's i can agree with you Canty is getting paid too much, and outside of Linval and him no one else really fills the void. As blueSanta mentioned, lt was a pass rusher, not a mlb. Ray Lewis plays in a 34. over the last 6 years all of our rotational DEs were 1st 2nd or 3rd round picks and were the key to our success on defense. Kiwi stray jpp osi and tuck were all taken in the first three rounds. The only other guy that got some snaps during this timeframe was tollefson. You can never have enough pass rushers.

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 09:18 AM
As blueSanta mentioned, lt was a pass rusher, not a mlb. Ray Lewis plays in a 34. over the last 6 years all of our rotational DEs were 1st 2nd or 3rd round picks and were the key to our success on defense. Kiwi stray jpp osi and tuck were all taken in the first three rounds. The only other guy that got some snaps during this timeframe was tollefson. You can never have enough pass rushers. Ya but we also miss Antonio Pierce and even Michael Barrow for that matter at MLB.. This team needs a MLB that they can plug in for the next 10yrs.. Carolina's been doing alot better defensively since moving Luke Kuechly to MLB, and thats with no pass rush to speak of.. We definetly need dline help, but a MLB is big for us as well.. I mean, this is the yr for MLB"s, and we should get one.. U got Te'o, Minter, Mauti, N.Johnson, Red****, and even Jonathan Bostic is looking like a keeper.. Yes, i also like AJ Klein, who may or may not be there in RD4, but i'd personally like to get either Te'o, Mauti, Minter, Johnson, Red****, or Bostic personally.. My top guys are obviously Te'o, Minter, and Mauti though..

BlueSanta
11-08-2012, 09:38 AM
Well, me personally, i liked Fleener as well, and still do, but i really liked Dwayne Allen adn thought the value in RD 2 was there for the pickin with Allen.

Yep, I agree both are decent prospects. My point as I said above is that there was nowhere near the gap between them and I actually thought Allen was a better prospect for some teams who like to use their TE to block, like we do.

Imgrate
11-08-2012, 09:46 AM
Ya but we also miss Antonio Pierce and even Michael Barrow for that matter at MLB.. This team needs a MLB that they can plug in for the next 10yrs.. Carolina's been doing alot better defensively since moving Luke Kuechly to MLB, and thats with no pass rush to speak of.. We definetly need dline help, but a MLB is big for us as well.. I mean, this is the yr for MLB"s, and we should get one.. U got Te'o, Minter, Mauti, N.Johnson, Red****, and even Jonathan Bostic is looking like a keeper.. Yes, i also like AJ Klein, who may or may not be there in RD4, but i'd personally like to get either Te'o, Mauti, Minter, Johnson, Red****, or Bostic personally.. My top guys are obviously Te'o, Minter, and Mauti though..Pierce was pretty awful the year we won the super bowl as well as in 08, when our defense was the best its been in the last ten years or so. If we took a de high last year I would agree that we would have the luxury of taking a mlb with our first pick. But we used a luxury pick on David Wilson, I feel l like it is a must to invest in a valuable position this year before we get behind on talent at key positions

rainierjef
11-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Well, i agree that we need another LB who can be a plugger and a Cover guy. Our play at the Lb position this year has been poor. I also agree Canty is being paid too much. Last year was the 1st year he ever earned that contract.

But I am not really sure I understand your point otherwise. LT was a passrusher so he actually substantiates Imgrate's point, not yours. He was a 3-4 weakside backer which is very very different from a LB in a 43 system. In fact, it is FAR closer to a 43 defensive end.

You also cant really compare a 34 LB to a 43 Lb since they do have completely different responsibilities.

What we need is a guy who can play in both congestion and in space. Unfortunately for us, those guys are typically early round only guys because they are rare. We have a few guys that can do 1 or the other, but nobody who can do both.

What I meant with the L.T. comment is he was a sideline to sideline guy, high motor always attacking the ball carrier. I understand that in a 4-3 defense the LB's are not primarily focused on pressuring the QB, but I would like a guy that has the instinct of L.T to sniff out plays and close the gaps quick against the run or be a ray lewis who's fast enough to give a pressure look at the line and drop back to put a Hit on anyone over the middle.

rainierjef
11-08-2012, 01:44 PM
Ya but we also miss Antonio Pierce and even Michael Barrow for that matter at MLB.. This team needs a MLB that they can plug in for the next 10yrs.. Carolina's been doing alot better defensively since moving Luke Kuechly to MLB, and thats with no pass rush to speak of.. We definetly need dline help, but a MLB is big for us as well.. I mean, this is the yr for MLB"s, and we should get one.. U got Te'o, Minter, Mauti, N.Johnson, Red****, and even Jonathan Bostic is looking like a keeper.. Yes, i also like AJ Klein, who may or may not be there in RD4, but i'd personally like to get either Te'o, Mauti, Minter, Johnson, Red****, or Bostic personally.. My top guys are obviously Te'o, Minter, and Mauti though..

This. With a middle linebacker that has the instinct to plug the holes and athleticism to take away the intermediate middle or lay those devastating hits. you take away the check downs, the dink and dunks passes, you now force the QB to look outside or deep middle which forces him to hold the ball a second or two longer and with any DE; If the QB is holding the ball for 3+ seconds its a QB pressure for incomplete to interception or QB sack.

rainierjef
11-08-2012, 01:46 PM
What about Putting Kiwi back on the D-Line, get one of these MLB's and find an in house solution for Sam.

Redeyejedi
11-08-2012, 05:00 PM
What i find interesting about the MLB spot is there has been guys on the FA market available really cheap . Tulloch got like 1.5 million in 2011

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 05:26 PM
Pierce was pretty awful the year we won the super bowl as well as in 08, when our defense was the best its been in the last ten years or so. If we took a de high last year I would agree that we would have the luxury of taking a mlb with our first pick. But we used a luxury pick on David Wilson, I feel l like it is a must to invest in a valuable position this year before we get behind on talent at key positions Oh, i'm certainly not talking about taking a MLB in RD 1.. Just in rd 2or3, unless by some crazy miracle we can get Manti Te'o, because he'll fit any system with his abilty to cover and rush the QB and tackle.. But other then that, i woulden't take any of Minter, Mauti, Red****, or Bostic in RD 1.. But if were 2 go offensive line or TE or S in RD 1, and a guy like Minter or Mauti is on board in RD 2, and there isn't a super value pick DE to be had, i'm scooping up the MLB all day long!

James Gayle for instance isn't gonna cut it for me in RD 2, if Kevin Minter or Mike Mauti is on the board still in RD 2.. Of course if a guy falls that plays DE where the value permits taking em over one of the MLB's, then i'm all for it.. I certainly don't see that happeneing.. If we go DE in RD1, for say a guy like Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor, i'm certainly gonna be happy about it though.. I like both prospects, i just don't know if Okafor will be there, and i'm not 100pct sure Carradine will be either, for that matter, with his on field production

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Man, Logan Thomas su-cks..lol The guy simply can't throw a football accuretly to save his life.. He misses wideopen 3-5yrd passes like hes wearing a blindfold or something.. He reminds me of Andre Woodson from a few yrs ago, as far as guy who had high draft pick potential, but just fell off the prospect list and will be lucky to be drafted in the first 6rds.. If someone takes Logan Thomas in the first 5rds, to play QB, there completely wasting the pick.. Theres about a 5pct chance hes successful as a QB in the NFL, if not less.. Hes gonna have to figure out how to play TE or something...

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 07:58 PM
In fact, Va tech has very few players of intrigue.. Outside of James Gayle and Marcus Davis, i see no one that excites me for this yrs draft...

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Bjorn Werner can flat out ball! He could be a top 10pick in this yrs draft for sure..

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 08:03 PM
God, Logan Thomas is freaking atrosius! The guy reminds me of Rick Ankiel when he just forgot how to pitch and coulden't find the plate and Chuck Knobloauch when he coulden't throw it to first base.. Its embaressing to watch em throw short passes at this point.. Very weak minded kid.. Man, teams should be very happy they seen this now and not after some idiot team drafted em in RD1.. I shoulden't talk, i actually liked em alot going into this yr.. Now, i'd take just about any QB over him.. Shoot, i'd take Tommy Rees over him..lol

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
God, Logan Thomas is freaking atrosius! The guy reminds me of Rick Ankiel when he just forgot how to pitch and coulden't find the plate and Chuck Knobloauch when he coulden't throw it to first base.. Its embaressing to watch em throw short passes at this point.. Very weak minded kid.. Man, teams should be very happy they seen this now and not after some idiot team drafted em in RD1.. I shoulden't talk, i actually liked em alot going into this yr.. Now, i'd take just about any QB over him.. Shoot, i'd take Tommy Rees over him..lol now the idiot throws a pick on first play of drive..lol Hes a moron!!!!lol

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 08:28 PM
man, va tech is horrible to watch.. There rb has absoulutley no vision what so ever, and even there K is bunk.. The way he lines up for kicks makes u wonder how the dude ever made it to bigtime college ball?? Very wierd, and its no wonder a 43yrder that he missed would of been his long of the yr.. Just a cr-appy, cr-appy all around team in blacksburgh..

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 08:29 PM
the hokie D has played solid tonight, all though i'm probably gonna jinx em.. Antone Exum is a solid corner, i suppose..

Imgrate
11-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Oh, i'm certainly not talking about taking a MLB in RD 1.. Just in rd 2or3, unless by some crazy miracle we can get Manti Te'o, because he'll fit any system with his abilty to cover and rush the QB and tackle.. But other then that, i woulden't take any of Minter, Mauti, Red****, or Bostic in RD 1.. But if were 2 go offensive line or TE or S in RD 1, and a guy like Minter or Mauti is on board in RD 2, and there isn't a super value pick DE to be had, i'm scooping up the MLB all day long!James Gayle for instance isn't gonna cut it for me in RD 2, if Kevin Minter or Mike Mauti is on the board still in RD 2.. Of course if a guy falls that plays DE where the value permits taking em over one of the MLB's, then i'm all for it.. I certainly don't see that happeneing.. If we go DE in RD1, for say a guy like Tank Carradine or Alex Okafor, i'm certainly gonna be happy about it though.. I like both prospects, i just don't know if Okafor will be there, and i'm not 100pct sure Carradine will be either, for that matter, with his on field productiongotcha. I typically don't have a good grasp on prospects and projected rounds until early march. But I will say that I highly doubt we take a mlb early that doesn't have great measurables. Of the guys you listed that fit the Bill, I don't know.

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 10:58 PM
gotcha. I typically don't have a good grasp on prospects and projected rounds until early march. But I will say that I highly doubt we take a mlb early that doesn't have great measurables. Of the guys you listed that fit the Bill, I don't know. they all got fine measurables.. Nothing at all wrong with Minter, Mautis, Te'o's, Nico Johnson, Bostic, or Red****s measurables.. Arthur Brown is a sick MLB, but hes to light and will probably move to Weakside as a pro...

nycsportzfan
11-08-2012, 11:02 PM
nothing to do with college prospects, but how do some of these NFL QB's get to teh NFL??lol I'm talking about guys like Gabbert and Henne.. I mean, are they mentally ******ed? seriously?

Rat_bastich
11-09-2012, 01:38 AM
nothing to do with college prospects, but how do some of these NFL QB's get to teh NFL??lol I'm talking about guys like Gabbert and Henne.. I mean, are they mentally ******ed? seriously?

Sometimes I think the teams drafting them, instead of sticking to a solid plan, see other teams grabbing quarterbacks and start to panic and just grab anyone. Or, their scouting departments suck or the GM doesn't listen to the scouts and just goes for broke. I would also add Cassel and Kolb to that list.

BlueSanta
11-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Sometimes I think the teams drafting them, instead of sticking to a solid plan, see other teams grabbing quarterbacks and start to panic and just grab anyone. Or, their scouting departments suck or the GM doesn't listen to the scouts and just goes for broke. I would also add Cassel and Kolb to that list.

I dinstinctly remember Blaine Gabbert being the 1st time I absolutely 100% did not agree with Mayock at all. He loved the kid and I hated him(well his play anyways.) I have disagreed with Mayock on some players to a degree, but this was the biggest difference of opinion I had with him ever.

BlueSanta
11-09-2012, 01:46 AM
they all got fine measurables.. Nothing at all wrong with Minter, Mautis, Te'o's, Nico Johnson, Bostic, or Red****s measurables.. Arthur Brown is a sick MLB, but hes to light and will probably move to Weakside as a pro...

I think you make a very good point about MLB this year. Right now there may only be 1, possibly 2, guys who are 1st rounders. I think the 2nd -3rd rounds are going to have a LOT of them tho. It really is the best response to the people suggesting we take 1 in the 1st round.

nycsportzfan
11-09-2012, 06:40 AM
I think you make a very good point about MLB this year. Right now there may only be 1, possibly 2, guys who are 1st rounders. I think the 2nd -3rd rounds are going to have a LOT of them tho. It really is the best response to the people suggesting we take 1 in the 1st round. thank u sir.. Ya, no way we go MLB in RD 1, but i'd certainly like to get one of those guys in RD 2 or 3, for sure.. I mean, if a great value like for example Brennan Williams or even a Robert Lester drops to late RD 2 or even a Zach Ertz, then maybe we do that, and wait till rd 3, to scoop up a Nico Johnson or Kevin Red**** or something like that.. I just hope we get one of the MLB's out there this yr.. Its rare theres so many quality MLB's in the same draft..

I woulden't be against drafting CJ MOSLEY OLB BAMA in RD 1, and going MLB in RD 2or 3 either ... I don't mind double dipping for a unit if it really upgrades that unit and seems to settle it for a long time... Mosley and Mauti would really upgrade our LB unit in one single draft... I like CJ MOSLEY alot..

rainierjef
11-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I think you make a very good point about MLB this year. Right now there may only be 1, possibly 2, guys who are 1st rounders. I think the 2nd -3rd rounds are going to have a LOT of them tho. It really is the best response to the people suggesting we take 1 in the 1st round.

I think either Te'o or minter would make instant impacts on this defense. Those are the only two 1st round MLB 's I see

rainierjef
11-09-2012, 01:56 PM
I thinks this is going to be the tough Draft to call, there are so many holes to fill, and we can't keep ignoring the O-Line. I definitely feel that CB/S/ and Linebackers need to be addressed.

Edit. I have a feeling Ertz drops to middle to late 2nd round, Because of Nunez. He should have way more yards than he has right now, some of those passes thrown his way are like a flock of ducks.

slipknottin
11-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most.

nycsportzfan
11-09-2012, 06:57 PM
Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most. ya but really who cares? Guys who are 6ft or 6ft 1in or whatever could very well have bigger heads or whatever.. If hes got solid arm length, then i could care less if hes 5ft 11in.. Although, i still think hes at least 6ft 240plus lbs.. Hes a enforcer! It'd be great if teams let em slide because of a inch or 2, and we scooped em up for there stupidiity. Hes gonna be a baller!

rainierjef
11-10-2012, 12:50 AM
ya but really who cares? Guys who are 6ft or 6ft 1in or whatever could very well have bigger heads or whatever.. If hes got solid arm length, then i could care less if hes 5ft 11in.. Although, i still think hes at least 6ft 240plus lbs.. Hes a enforcer! It'd be great if teams let em slide because of a inch or 2, and we scooped em up for there stupidiity. Hes gonna be a baller!

They got him at 6'1 245. I think he's 5'11 240. He can put on 10-15 pounds and not lose much Speed. I think he runs a 4.6-4.65 40

slipknottin
11-10-2012, 01:39 AM
They got him at 6'1 245. I think he's 5'11 240. He can put on 10-15 pounds and not lose much Speed. I think he runs a 4.6-4.65 40

5'11 is tiny for a middle linebacker. That's part of the reason Greg jones struggled.

I don't think Minter has extra length arms either. He really looks like a fullback playing defense to me.

BlueSanta
11-10-2012, 02:36 AM

In truth we dont know what he is right now, but for arguments sake,lets assume the rumors are true and he is 5' 11" and not 6'1. That really does matter. The primary reason is not because he can play MLB, but because he cannot be an every down player. At 5'11 he would not be of the 2 LBs who stays in on nickle plays because he would end up with the Occasional responsibility of covering a TE, something he would be ill equipped to do.

Since defenses in the NFL are in the nickle now over 60% of the time, his height will matter a great deal.

Rat_bastich
11-10-2012, 05:07 AM
Disagree about nothing wrong with Minters measurables. He's got to be 5'11 at most.

That is what I see him at too from television comparisons...maybe 6' but I keep reading different places 6'1" and even on the LSU site 6'2". Probably won't know for sure until the Combine.

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 06:23 AM
They got him at 6'1 245. I think he's 5'11 240. He can put on 10-15 pounds and not lose much Speed. I think he runs a 4.6-4.65 40 ya, i don't know if weighing in at 255lbs and not being 6ft is a good thing or not? I like his weight at his height.. He seems to move around just fine and has enough meat to really lay the wood and work through traffic to get to ball carriers and behind the line.. I'm completely sold on Minter..

Hes one of my fave prospects this yr.. I think hes a NFL starter for a long time to come...

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 06:34 AM
5'11 is tiny for a middle linebacker. That's part of the reason Greg jones struggled.

I don't think Minter has extra length arms either. He really looks like a fullback playing defense to me. Greg Jones had really short arms, and i don't think he moved around as well as Minter.. Minter carries his weight really well and moves around fairly gracefully.. He seems more athletic then Greg Jones..

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 06:41 AM
Anyone see the yr's Earl Thomas and Akeem Ayers are having this yr? Ayers is on pace for 133tackles 6sacks 8Pass defended 6TFL.. Straight beast! Loved Earl and Akeem coming out! Both of em are turning into dynamite players...

Redeyejedi
11-10-2012, 07:26 AM
That is what I see him at too from television comparisons...maybe 6' but I keep reading different places 6'1" and even on the LSU site 6'2". Probably won't know for sure until the Combine.1 thing LSU measurements are consistently overblown. I do agree he looks a little stubby like Jones but he is much more fluid then Greg Jones.
U guys think Greg Jones will be brought back to compete in camp in 2013 when rosters expand. He made it to final cuts.

Redeyejedi
11-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Anyone see the yr's Earl Thomas and Akeem Ayers are having this yr? Ayers is on pace for 133tackles 6sacks 8Pass defended 6TFL.. Straight beast! Loved Earl and Akeem coming out! Both of em are turning into dynamite players...I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.

Redeyejedi
11-10-2012, 07:45 AM
Finally got my internet back had a huge video update on the video page

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 08:46 AM
I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly. ya of course.. I mean, hes a great ballhawk, and all ready a PRO BOWLER(only seahawk that made it mind u), i mean, what more can u really say? Hes probably on his way to another prowbowl season this yr.. He was a fantastic draft pick by the seahawks, and certainly one of the main reasons there defense is so stout this yr, amongst a few others.. He does have 2TFL to go with his 7PD 1FF 1FR and 2INT ..

Thomas all ready has 9ints in his career to go along with 8TFL and 3FF! Not to shabby!

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 08:49 AM
I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly. U don't need to watch the titans to know 133tackles 6sack 6TFL 8PD(on pace for) is a monster season, my friend..lol Thats just straight beastly! Thats "all around" effort.. All though i will say Zach Brown has been playing more and they've been putting Ayers at End some, which is why hes starting to mix such a beatufiul all around statistacal season, i believe..

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Finally got my internet back had a huge video update on the video page U are the freaking man, my freind!

Yo, u better get ur rear over to the Knicks thread to contribute soon!!!lol 4-0 for first time since yr we went to finals against rockets!

BlueSanta
11-10-2012, 11:20 AM
I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building their defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.

I think Thomas has pretty much turned out to be the player most thought he would. He is a good pass defender and only ok vs the run. I never had a problem with him, I just didnt agree with you that he was a better prospect than Eric Berry and that he belonged in the top 10.

BlueSanta
11-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Finally got my internet back had a huge video update on the video page

Welcome back.

I have to point to that TJ McDonald vid as exactly why I have really not liked him play this year. He makes some serious mistakes. The type that end up in TDs in the NFL.

As a former DB, I am telling you there are some really bad mistakes. I see him turn his back on the QB, when he is in Zone coverage underneath.That is a mistake that high shcool players would get yelled at for making. I see him misdiagnose plays or take too long to react. Watch his footwork, its really bad at times. There are some plays there where he steps up, then back, then up again before he decides to actually react to the play. There are some very bad tackles as well as some flat out missed tackles.

I was high on him going into this year, but he is playing like a crackhead right now.

I am going to reevaluate all of my safeties because Vaccaro has played poorly this year too, and he was another guy I was very high on. At least he is showing some leadership though. I havent seen that from TJ.

BlueSanta
11-10-2012, 11:59 AM
Ok so NYC I have seen you mention Michael Mauti positively a few times. I agree he is a good player. But when I watch PSU play, I gotta be honest, I cant stop watching Gerald Hodges. That guy can do it all, passrush, cover and stuff. He might actually be a better NFL prospect, or at least equivalent, especially for a 43 team.

rainierjef
11-10-2012, 01:43 PM
ya, i don't know if weighing in at 255lbs and not being 6ft is a good thing or not? I like his weight at his height.. He seems to move around just fine and has enough meat to really lay the wood and work through traffic to get to ball carriers and behind the line.. I'm completely sold on Minter..

Hes one of my fave prospects this yr.. I think hes a NFL starter for a long time to come...

Completely agree. If we can't get our hands on Te'o, Minter in the second round would be ideal. I really don't care about his height that much, 2 inches don't make the player.

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:17 PM
I think Thomas has pretty much turned out to be the player most thought he would. He is a good pass defender and only ok vs the run. I never had a problem with him, I just didnt agree with you that he was a better prospect than Eric Berry and that he belonged in the top 10. That was me that said he was better prospect then barry and i didn't say he belonged in the top 10 but if he did, i would understand why.. He got pretty darn close 2 top 10.. Kinda like Doug Martin, i was saying that a couple months befor teh draft..

As far as the kinda player he is, hes pretty close to a all around player.. And at the time, we simply needed a playmaker at S, which i thought he was one of the best playmakers at S to come out in yrs.. Hes better against the run then Kam Chancellor is against the pass in my opinion.. I don't notice him missing tackles and hes got like 8TFL in his career all ready.. He can hit as well.. People acted like he was all finesse, but they just got caught up in the fact he made so many plays and was of smaller stature, theres no way he can be a hard hitter who can make some plays behind the line and tackle backs.. Sure, hes never gonna be known as a bruiser, and run stuffer, but the kid isn't a liability on the field in any situation..

heavyhitter
11-10-2012, 04:18 PM
USC WR Marquise Lee, is this kid something or is this kid something. The guy is amazing and only a true sophmore (sp) I believe! Anyhow, best WR in CFB I've seen in quite some time.

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Anyone got any info on Cyril Richardson T Baylor? I'm watching that Ok/Bay game right now and trying to pay atttention to em and gain some recogniton on what kinda player he is.. I know hes massive and might not fit our system.. Is he agile at all for his weight?

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:21 PM
USC WR Marquise Lee, is this kid something or is this kid something. The guy is amazing and only a true sophmore (sp) I believe! Anyhow, best WR in CFB I've seen in quite some time. Agreed, hes insane!

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:22 PM
What happened to Tom Wort? Seen em in some peoples 1st rd last summer, and now u see em barley drafted..

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:25 PM
Has anyone improved more then Penn St QB Matthew McGloin? Huge shout out to Bill O'brien for what hes done with McGloin.. I love O'brien.. I have brought him up when he was with Pats even before last yr as a surprise coach i woulden't mind seeing take over for Coughlin if Coughlin were to somehow get canned or retire.. McGloin was very suspect before this yr, and now is doing work! Allen Robinson WR Penn St is a 1st rder down the line, ill gurantee it!

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 04:31 PM
Sleeper Saftey is Shamarko Thomas of Syracuse.. Hes got some wheels on em and plays with a ton of exubrance.. He could be a Tavon Wilson type earlier then expected draft pick.. Solid ballskills, solid tackler..etc If we wait on S, i woulden't mind securing him in 3rd or 4th rd.. Hes pretty good...

heavyhitter
11-10-2012, 04:33 PM
I barely ever see Ayers play. Titans are just not a team I chose to watch. Earl Thomas has been very good but the Seahawks do employ him in a perfect fitting role , deep Cover 1. As good as he is playing the pass ,He struggles playing the run. The Seahawks combat this problem with Kam Chancelor who is an elite run defender. I love when teams get it when building thescir defense. The Seahawks got 2 guys that compliment each other perfectly.Typing from mobile so the wording may come in a lil scrambled but the Seahawks may have the best safety duo in the NFL w/ Thomas & Chancelor

heavyhitter
11-10-2012, 04:48 PM
What happened to Tom Wort? Seen em in some peoples 1st rd last summer, and now u see em barley drafted..Forget about Tom Wort sportzfan, the guy you need to keep an eye on in the OU secondary is safety Tony Jefferson. He reminds me a bit like Earl Thomas (more physical version). Kinda surpised Jefferson doesn't get that much talk around here

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Typing from mobile so the wording may come in a lil scrambled but the Seahawks may have the best safety duo in the NFL w/ Thomas & Chancelor Very beastly duo indeed.. Run Stuffing destroyer, and Bigplay making, instinctive wizard... That about sums it up..lol

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Forget about Tom Wort sportzfan, the guy you need to keep an eye on in the OU secondary is safety Tony Jefferson. He reminds me a bit like Earl Thomas (more physical version). Kinda surpised Jefferson doesn't get that much talk around here Ya, Jefferson dosen't make enough plays on the ball to be in the Same class as Earl Thomas, but hes definetly a solid S, with a good all around game..

I'm a Baccari Rambo guy myself... Rambo has the size to clobber recievers and guard TE's down teh seem and also hes very instinctive...

My fave S because of upside is ERIC REID.. His upside to me is enormous.. If he puts it all together, i think u got another Sean Taylor type S(God rest his soul)...

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Finally USC is using Curtis McNeal who i think is better then Silas Redd personally, and its paying off, as hes just destroying ARZ ST's defense.. Mcneal runs way harder then his size indicates...

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 06:50 PM
TJ Yeldon just screwed his team outta Nat Champ game mo st likely...

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 07:05 PM
wow, i thought the Knockout blow was that Yeldon fumble, but bama has 1st and goal going for lead! What a game! McCarron coming up huge down the stretch!

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 07:07 PM
man, coming down to 4th and goal from 2!

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 07:08 PM
wow, i thought the Knockout blow was that Yeldon fumble, but bama has 1st and goal going for lead! What a game! McCarron coming up huge down the stretch! i spoke to soon, as McCarron throws a INT that probably seals it..

Imgrate
11-10-2012, 08:01 PM
Allen Robinson WR Penn St is a 1st rder down the line, ill gurantee it! he had good size, what's his long speed like though

Redeyejedi
11-10-2012, 08:04 PM
great game hate to see it end with that penalty though

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 08:09 PM
he had good size, what's his long speed like though Hes a first rder.. I don't care what his speed is as long as its at least a 4.55, hes a first rder.. Hes not a deep threat by any stretch, but hes a great possesion reciever, who is big and strong and can get u yac, and is a demon in the redzone.

BigBlueAllDay
11-10-2012, 08:22 PM
Louisville and Alabama no longer undefeated. Only Kansas State, Notre Dame, Ohio State, and Let's go Oregon Ducks and their ridiculous offense! left standing.

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 09:09 PM
notre dames starting to look like old notre dame the past couple weeks.. Here they are deep 2nd qter and its 7-3 and there giving up huge chunk yards and its kinda embaressing.. A ridiculous fumble by Atkinson and this is what happens. BC will stay in this all game, and that will make Pitt and BC playing ND close.. Pretty pathetic when ur trying to destroy teams and get into that Nat champ game..

I mean, ur giving up 28yrd runs to freaking FINCH??lol The guy is a bum! Ray Graham isn't a bum but hasen't been good this yr due to his injury last yr and what not, and he destroyed ND as well last wk.. They drive the ball fine, but they've only had 2possesions because there D stays out there, and they ended one possesion with a horrible fumble..

nycsportzfan
11-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Evertte Golson is really impressive.. I mean, running and throwing, he just dosen't seem like a first yr starter, underclassmen...

Rat_bastich
11-10-2012, 11:24 PM
Evertte Golson is really impressive.. I mean, running and throwing, he just dosen't seem like a first yr starter, underclassmen...

While he isn't a gunslinger by any means, he ha been looking pretty good.

nycsportzfan
11-11-2012, 11:15 AM
man, i'm freaking loving CJ Mosley even more.. He was great against A&M yesterday, and even though hes not ILB, hes the type of LB that will anchor a unit on the outside for yrs to come.. He can cover, rush, and has great athletic ability... He was chasing Manziel down, sacked em, helped Jesse Williams get another sack..etc Guy can flat out ball.. I'd be shocked if hes not a 1st rd pick..

slipknottin
11-11-2012, 11:17 AM
While he isn't a gunslinger by any means, he ha been looking pretty good.

He does have a really big arm though.

slipknottin
11-11-2012, 11:18 AM
man, i'm freaking loving CJ Mosley even more.. He was great against A&M yesterday, and even though hes not ILB, hes the type of LB that will anchor a unit on the outside for yrs to come.. He can cover, rush, and has great athletic ability... He was chasing Manziel down, sacked em, helped Jesse Williams get another sack..etc Guy can flat out ball.. I'd be shocked if hes not a 1st rd pick..

Mosley is going to be the first inside LB taken, IMO. Him and Te'o are the only 4-3/ILBs that are going in the first.

heavyhitter
11-11-2012, 12:47 PM
Ya, Jefferson dosen't make enough plays on the ball to be in the Same class as Earl Thomas, but hes definetly a solid S, with a good all around game..

I'm a Baccari Rambo guy myself... Rambo has the size to clobber recievers and guard TE's down teh seem and also hes very instinctive...

Idk, I'd take Jefferson over Rambo but thats just me. Bacarri Rambo is a great athlete/safety and Tony Jefferson is a bit smaller in size but he can lay the wood too and has great potential and play making ability in the secondary. Another guy I'm real high on is Florida safety Matt Elam. Like Jefferson he's probably gonna measure in under 6"0, but his talent cannot be denied. I expect to see him rise up the draft boards in the next coming weeks/months.

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 01:41 AM
Idk, I'd take Jefferson over Rambo but thats just me. Bacarri Rambo is a great athlete/safety and Tony Jefferson is a bit smaller in size but he can lay the wood too and has great potential and play making ability in the secondary. Another guy I'm real high on is Florida safety Matt Elam. Like Jefferson he's probably gonna measure in under 6"0, but his talent cannot be denied. I expect to see him rise up the draft boards in the next coming weeks/months. Ya ELAM could return, but if he dosen't i like him alot as well.. I think ur underestimating Rambo like alot of people are.. Hes really the complete package and has size/speed, ball skills, and hard hitting ability, and can blitz..etc I mean, he had another solid game yesterday adding another pick in a game GA shut out AUB 38-0.. He can play in the box , or play CF.. Hes always making big plays as well.. Hes growing on me more and more...

Hes got a few off the field issues that i think make a few worry about his off field charechter...

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm getting my weekly mock outta the way now, because that game made me so sick, i don't wanna think about the giants for a couple days..lol Its really hard to believe thats the team that went 2 SF and won 26-3..lol Obviously playing hard is a thing this team lacks, and even JPP looked lazy today, whidch is horrible, because hes a motor player.. Kinda makes u wonder about the charechter of some vets on this team and if it eventually rubs off on the younger guys.. Sure, its not every week, but they certainly seem to take weeks off just like giants teams have done for a handful of seasons in a row now it seems.. Obviously we've been lucky to pull it togther in the nick of time some yrs, but its still risky way to go through a season.. I"m thinking Osi and Tuck are at the forefront of this, and i'd hate to say it, i think its time to really go in a diffrent direction... So, i'm really gonna be hoping for a stout pass rusher in the 1st rd, i think... I mean, theres other positons i woulden't mind as well as players, but pass rush needs a youth infusion..

I got us picking 25this embaressing week..

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- He makes sense as OSI's all but gone, and he is a OSI kinda DE, as far as not overly big and has good speed and instincts, all though hes a better run defender, and hes picked it up in that category the past several weeks.. Hes got 8.5 sacks on the season so far..

2. Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I don't know if the playmaker makes it this far into RD 2, if he keeps playing like hes been.. GA gave up 20plus in 3of the 4 games rambo missed, and since hes been back, have given up 3outta6, and since hes played a few games, and got back into game shape, the D's been brilliant and hes been a big reason why.. Hes a game changer, who plays the box as well as can be put deep 2 cover... Hes got size and speed and reminds me a bit of Antrel Rolle, but with the chance of being more consistent with the playmaking, as Rolle is up and down yr 2 yr with his game changing plays..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- There might be other positons of need, like Oline, but TE is a need as well, and Bennett's play has been sporadic the past several weeks, and hes also a FA after the yr.. Fauria is a redzone beast with good size, good hands, and solid blocking abiilty.. Hes got 9TD's this yr all ready, and has 9catches for 151yrd 3td the last 2weeks.. I think hes clearly 3rd best TE and that there is a drop off after him, so if hes on the board in RD 3, i think hes worth the get..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- THis guys got good size at 6ft 5in 310lb and has been starting since day 1 at Kent st, and and is very durable starting every game i believe in his career at Kent St from Freshman on.. Hes also Team captain of team that is 9-1 and has a really good run game as they avg 5.5 YPC and all ready have 2 1000yrd rushers.. This kids a great sleeper in my eyes..

5. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- One of my bigger sleepers outta the CB's.. Talked about em many times.. Malone has a well rounded game, and solid ball skills and speed, plus hes one of the leaders of a stout defense contending for a championship possibly.. Had solid game against TCU with couple passes defended and 5tackles.. Were gonna need another CB, to play behind Prince and Hosley down the line..

6. Alec Lemon WR Syracuse- WR is our DE of our offense.> Another words its very important. WIth Jerrnigan yet to show anything, and Barden a pending FA, and Nicks and Cruz both coming close to FA'cy, we should try to possibly find lighting in a bottle again.. Lemon was sensational against number 9 Louisville yesterday, displaying hands, speed, and great concentration, as he made some nice catches... He seems kinda overlooked to me, and i woulden't be surprised seeing him make a role for himself in the NFL, if not more...

7. Kenny Demens ILB Michigan- Solid late rd gamble.. Expierence, hard hitting, good sized MLB, whos a down hill player, but could be quality depth, and possibly more.. Very physical player..

Obviously we'll be doing some work in FA'cy as well, so u don't have to cover everything via the draft..

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm getting my weekly mock outta the way now, because that game made me so sick, i don't wanna think about the giants for a couple days..lol Its really hard to believe thats the team that went 2 SF and won 26-3..lol Obviously playing hard is a thing this team lacks, and even JPP looked lazy today, whidch is horrible, because hes a motor player.. Kinda makes u wonder about the charechter of some vets on this team and if it eventually rubs off on the younger guys.. Sure, its not every week, but they certainly seem to take weeks off just like giants teams have done for a handful of seasons in a row now it seems.. Obviously we've been lucky to pull it togther in the nick of time some yrs, but its still risky way to go through a season.. I"m thinking Osi and Tuck are at the forefront of this, and i'd hate to say it, i think its time to really go in a diffrent direction... So, i'm really gonna be hoping for a stout pass rusher in the 1st rd, i think... I mean, theres other positons i woulden't mind as well as players, but pass rush needs a youth infusion..

1. Alex Okafor DE Texas- He makes sense as OSI's all but gone, and he is a OSI kinda DE, as far as not overly big and has good speed and instincts, all though hes a better run defender, and hes picked it up in that category the past several weeks.. Hes got 8.5 sacks on the season so far..

2. Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I don't know if the playmaker makes it this far into RD 2, if he keeps playing like hes been.. GA gave up 20plus in 3of the 4 games rambo missed, and since hes been back, have given up 3outta6, and since hes played a few games, and got back into game shape, the D's been brilliant and hes been a big reason why.. Hes a game changer, who plays the box as well as can be put deep 2 cover... Hes got size and speed and reminds me a bit of Antrel Rolle, but with the chance of being more consistent with the playmaking, as Rolle is up and down yr 2 yr with his game changing plays..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- There might be other positons of need, like Oline, but TE is a need as well, and Bennett's play has been sporadic the past several weeks, and hes also a FA after the yr.. Fauria is a redzone beast with good size, good hands, and solid blocking abiilty.. Hes got 9TD's this yr all ready, and has 9catches for 151yrd 3td the last 2weeks.. I think hes clearly 3rd best TE and that there is a drop off after him, so if hes on the board in RD 3, i think hes worth the get

While I agree with you on your first pick, I think this team needs a new Center/ RT / LG and someone to groom into the RG spot. Right now I wouldn't mind spending all 3 rounds on O-Line, with key additions in FA.

rainierjef
11-12-2012, 02:45 AM
While I agree with you on your first pick, I think this team needs a new Center/ RT / LG and someone to groom into the RG spot. Right now I wouldn't mind spending all 3 rounds on O-Line, with key additions in FA.

And then we still got to find solutions for the interior D-Line / LB's

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 07:00 AM
While I agree with you on your first pick, I think this team needs a new Center/ RT / LG and someone to groom into the RG spot. Right now I wouldn't mind spending all 3 rounds on O-Line, with key additions in FA. Well, there is Brian Winters in there at RD4.. But, i will say were not filling every need in the draft, as we also have FA'cy, so we will be using that method to pick up piecees as well.. A couple nice Oline FA pieces to go with Brian Winters, isn't bad upgrades to the Olineman

This is my fave mock i've done... The defense would be so much better with Rambo and Okafor in it. Rambo, JPP, Okafor, and Prince is a nice 4some to grow with on the defensive side of the ball...

Redeyejedi
11-12-2012, 07:40 AM
Mosley is going to be the first inside LB taken, IMO. Him and Te'o are the only 4-3/ILBs that are going in the first. 1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of course its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL

nycsportzfan
11-12-2012, 09:07 AM
1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of coursge its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL I like em for OLB myself.. I don't know why they take em off for any run situations, as hes solid against the run.. I think he can be moved around , and be on the field in all situations...

slipknottin
11-12-2012, 11:00 AM
1 thing about Mosley is they still pull him off the field in some running situations. Of course its Alabama and they have great linebacker depth but still. He might even play outside in the NFL

Well he is considerably smaller than the LBs they seem to usually prefer. He's only 230 or so pounds. I do think he could play in a 3-4, but he may end up as a weakside backer in a 4-3. Very fluid in space, has exceptional closing speed

BlueSanta
11-12-2012, 12:03 PM

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- There might be other positons of need, like Oline, but TE is a need as well, and Bennett's play has been sporadic the past several weeks, and hes also a FA after the yr.. Fauria is a redzone beast with good size, good hands, and solid blocking abiilty.. Hes got 9TD's this yr all ready, and has 9catches for 151yrd 3td the last 2weeks.. I think hes clearly 3rd best TE and that there is a drop off after him, so if hes on the board in RD 3, i think hes worth the get..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- THis guys got good size at 6ft 5in 310lb and has been starting since day 1 at Kent st, and and is very durable starting every game i believe in his career at Kent St from Freshman on.. Hes also Team captain of team that is 9-1 and has a really good run game as they avg 5.5 YPC and all ready have 2 1000yrd rushers.. This kids a great sleeper in my eyes..

5. Nigel Malone CB Kansas St- One of my bigger sleepers outta the CB's.. Talked about em many times.. Malone has a well rounded game, and solid ball skills and speed, plus hes one of the leaders of a stout defense contending for a championship possibly.. Had solid game against TCU with couple passes defended and 5tackles.. Were gonna need another CB, to play behind Prince and Hosley down the line..

6. Alec Lemon WR Syracuse- WR is our DE of our offense.> Another words its very important. WIth Jerrnigan yet to show anything, and Barden a pending FA, and Nicks and Cruz both coming close to FA'cy, we should try to possibly find lighting in a bottle again.. Lemon was sensational against number 9 Louisville yesterday, displaying hands, speed, and great concentration, as he made some nice catches... He seems kinda overlooked to me, and i woulden't be surprised seeing him make a role for himself in the NFL, if not more...

7. Kenny Demens ILB Michigan- Solid late rd gamble.. Expierence, hard hitting, good sized MLB, whos a down hill player, but could be quality depth, and possibly more.. Very physical player..

Obviously we'll be doing some work in FA'cy as well, so u don't have to cover everything via the draft..

I like the 1st 3 tho I am not sold yet on Fauria as a capable blocker, he plays so tall and needs to add some bulk. He is a good red zone TE tho.

The 1 guy you list who I do not like, not so much because he isnt a good player but beause he isnt a good fit, is Nigel Malone. He is gonna be a slot guy in the NFL, and we have 1 of those already in Hosely.

I think we need a big physical outside CB type like Rhodes, Milliner, Banks, Amerson , Poyner or even a Logan Ryan. CWeb has been 1 of the worst performing Cbs in the NFL this year. We cannot wait to replace him, especially at his pricetag. Expensive and Bad is not a good combination.

nycsportzfan
11-13-2012, 04:51 AM
Well he is considerably smaller than the LBs they seem to usually prefer. He's only 230 or so pounds. I do think he could play in a 3-4, but he may end up as a weakside backer in a 4-3. Very fluid in space, has exceptional closing speed really exceptional closing speed.. I agree slip, i think he'll end up on weakside in a 4/3.. To be honest, i think he'd be able to play some SLB in passing downs as well...

nycsportzfan
11-13-2012, 04:55 AM
I like the 1st 3 tho I am not sold yet on Fauria as a capable blocker, he plays so tall and needs to add some bulk. He is a good red zone TE tho.

The 1 guy you list who I do not like, not so much because he isnt a good player but beause he isnt a good fit, is Nigel Malone. He is gonna be a slot guy in the NFL, and we have 1 of those already in Hosely.

I think we need a big physical outside CB type like Rhodes, Milliner, Banks, Amerson , Poyner or even a Logan Ryan. CWeb has been 1 of the worst performing Cbs in the NFL this year. We cannot wait to replace him, especially at his pricetag. Expensive and Bad is not a good combination. Ya, i here ya about Nigel Malone.. I just like em so much, it was hard for me not to put em in there at that point in the mock.. I thought of the same thing though..lol

As far as FAURIA, i think hes a OK blocker now, and certainly can get alittle bit better in that area, which would make em a solid blocker.. He dosen't suck at blocking or anything.. Just needs to get alittle better... Offensively, hes dynamite, and i've seen him make a few plays u would think a white guy(sorry to my fellow white dudes..lol) his size would not be able to make, athletically anyways.. I think theres a huge dropoff after Fauria at the TE positon this yr.

nycsportzfan
11-13-2012, 06:07 AM
Speaking of Joseph Fauria.. Hes on Walt Footballs Draft Stock UP/DOWN list this wk, as being UP.. A bunch of players i really like are on there, that include CJ Mosley, Kawaan Short, and of course, Joseph Fauria...

Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
The Bruins senior tight end has been a deadly red-zone weapon this season and proved that again versus the Cougars. Fauria caught his ninth touchdown of the year with a beautiful red-zone route. He lined up in the slot and went straight off the snap for a few yards before jab stepping to the outside and slanting to the deep middle of the end zone. It was an easy nine-yard touchdown catch for Fauria.

The senior later drew a pass interference in the end zone on a fade route. The 6-foot-7 tight end had a mismatch with a short cornerback, and all the defender could do was pull Fauria to the ground to avoid giving up a touchdown.

Fauria made a great catch to set up another score. He went over a defensive back for a jump ball to make a tough reception. The defensive back tipped the pass, but Fauria controlled the ball as he landed on his back. The gain went for 30 yards to the Washington State 10-yard line and set up a UCLA touchdown on the next play. Fauria totaled 70 yards and a touchdown on four receptions. He had three plays that directly led to 21 points for the Bruins.

Fauria has 31 receptions for 417 yards and nine scores in 2012. He has improved as a blocker to become a more well-rounded tight end. Fauria looks like a nice value pick after the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft. This performance against the Cougars will help his efforts to be a second-day selection.

BlueSanta
11-13-2012, 06:15 AM
Joseph Fauria, TE, UCLA
The Bruins senior tight end has been a deadly red-zone weapon this season and proved that again versus the Cougars. Fauria caught his ninth touchdown of the year with a beautiful red-zone route. He lined up in the slot and went straight off the snap for a few yards before jab stepping to the outside and slanting to the deep middle of the end zone. It was an easy nine-yard touchdown catch for Fauria.

I am not against him, I do see the promise and I like his skillset . I just have 2 concerns:) he plays very very tall when blocking. and 2) His build concerns me. He is tall(a good thing)but his legs appear to be about 10 feet long. I worry about his potential for injuries as an end line TE.

I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though.

Redeyejedi
11-13-2012, 07:05 AM
I am not against him, I do see the promise and I like his skillset . I just have 2 concerns:) he plays very very tall when blocking. and 2) His build concerns me. He is tall(a good thing)but his legs appear to be about 10 feet long. I worry about his potential for injuries as an end line TE.

I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though. I think your concerns are valid.

heavyhitter
11-13-2012, 07:12 PM
While he isn't a gunslinger by any means, he ha been looking pretty good.Yep, Golson is definitely game and fun to watch. I think durability is a concern w/ him though due to his size but he's a tough kid. Just my opinion but he's one of those guys who will have a great college career but won't quite cut it in the NFL.

heavyhitter
11-13-2012, 07:22 PM
Ya ELAM could return, but if he dosen't i like him alot as well.. I think ur underestimating Rambo like alot of people are..I'm not underestimating him I just think Tony Jefferson is a better prospect that's all. There seems to be a lot of big, physical safeties in this years draft and I'd love for the Giants to grab one in the first 3 rounds.

Redeyejedi
11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
The San Jose State QB David Fales is really good. Will shoot up draft boards. Clean Mechanics, Nice short and intermediate accuracy, Very good route anticipation, Havent seen enough deep balls from him but the 2 games we have on Draftbreakdown Im very impressed

nycsportzfan
11-14-2012, 10:27 AM

I think 3rd round is a fair rating for him though. nah man, i wasen't posting the walt football stuff because of what u said, just becasue he was a guy that i just mocked to us, and it had some info on em is all..

Either way, i think every prospect has something or another wrong with em, i try to not get caught up in the leg length, and if a guys a half inch shorter then he should be..etc Its just not my thing.. I let u guys worry about that stuff..

Hence why hes not a 1st or early 2nd rd prospect.. Ur obviously gonna have a flaw or 2 with a guy ur getting in the lateish 3rd rd... I think ELI would have a field Day with Fauria...

rainierjef
11-14-2012, 03:37 PM
It's sad cause I think T.Eifert would be a beast on this team. He's like a Witten/(prime)shockey combination. Kid gets up field and blocks, pushes guys back they have him at 6'6 251 I think hes 6'3-6'4, 245. whats the chances of this team taking him in the first and actually utilizing him? I have always felt eli needs a safety measure over the middle, people thought bennett was going to be that safe option; nothing against him but he just looks lethargic out there sometimes, now we find out he's been playing hurt. sigh*

BlueSanta
11-15-2012, 05:45 AM
It's sad cause I think T.Eifert would be a beast on this team. He's like a Witten/(prime)shockey combination. Kid gets up field and blocks, pushes guys back they have him at 6'6 251 I think hes 6'3-6'4, 245. whats the chances of this team taking him in the first and actually utilizing him? I have always felt eli needs a safety measure over the middle, people thought bennett was going to be that safe option; nothing against him but he just looks lethargic out there sometimes, now we find out he's been playing hurt. sigh*

I would love a primetime TE on this team. But in truth I dont see us spending a 1st rounder to get him because frankly, we dont use a TE enough to warrant it. Especially when you consider how many holes we have on defense. That makes it hard to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who plays only some downs.

rainierjef
11-15-2012, 12:23 PM
I would love a primetime TE on this team. But in truth I dont see us spending a 1st rounder to get him because frankly, we dont use a TE enough to warrant it. Especially when you consider how many holes we have on defense. That makes it hard to spend a 1st rounder on a guy who plays only some downs.

I hear ya. I think if we had a Line that didn't need help, we would use the TE a little more. Eifert is more than just a receiving TE, he is a great inline blocker as well. Just want to see an extra dimension in this offense, we complain about the down the field passes on 3rd and 2; A prime time TE like you said would solve most of those issues.

slipknottin
11-15-2012, 07:03 PM
I still disagree with the idea that the giants offense doesnt utilitze a TE.

I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.

rainierjef
11-15-2012, 07:42 PM

I think if Bennett was resigned and stayed healthy next season he would be well over 1k yards.

The giants constantly are looking to draft athletic pass catching TEs, Boss, Shockey, Beckum, Robinson, etc.

Apart from Shockey, none of those guys have done much in their first year with the team, and Gilbride wasent there for Shockeys first two seasons, so it seems like any TE on the team takes at least a season to really understand Gilbrides system.
I've had this argument on this board since last year, you put a talented TE that can block the way thr coaches want and
an be receiving threat. Watch eli stats soar; give Eli now a non whining shockey in his prime.and we will not have to force throws down the field on 3rd down.
Eifert is the overall package, the knock on fleener last year was his blocking even though we have one of the best TE coaches. Eifert is a blocker with elite receiving ability. He is the only TE worth a first round grade to me 20-25th pick is where i would put him.

rainierjef
11-17-2012, 03:17 PM
Round 1 – Sheldon Richardson DT, missouri

Round 2 – David Amerson CB, NC state

Round 3 – Bacarri Rambo S, Georgia

Round 4 - Brennan Williams OT NC

Round 5 - Jonotthan Harrison C, Florida

Round 6 - Philip Lutzenkirchen TE, Aurburn

Round 7 - Tyrann Mathieu S, LSU

Not to good at making mocks this time of the year, so i played it kind of safe. Lutzenkirchen was projected 2-3 round a year ago but due to his injury I think would fall; unless bill belicheck and the Pats drafts 3 TE in the first 3 rounds. I have Mathieu going UDFA due to his off the field issues, If he does, expect Jerry to swipe him early. He is too risky for even a 7th round pick, which is why I would take him there. I believe coughlin could get this kid back on track.

juice33s
11-17-2012, 04:50 PM
I've had this argument on this board since last year, you put a talented TE that can block the way thr coaches want and
an be receiving threat. Watch eli stats soar; give Eli now a non whining shockey in his prime.and we will not have to force throws down the field on 3rd down.
Eifert is the overall package, the knock on fleener last year was his blocking even though we have one of the best TE coaches. Eifert is a blocker with elite receiving ability. He is the only TE worth a first round grade to me 20-25th pick is where i would put him.
Here's what Mcshay had to say about the TE class:

"[/URL]San Diego State's [URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30242/gavin-escobar"]Gavin Escobar (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30208/) (79) doesn't get much national love, but West Coast NFL scouts have been whispering about the athletic pass-catching tight end.

Escobar (6-5, 255) leads the team with 35 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns. He's not a senior and could very well return to SDSU for another season, but should he leave early, Escobar could be one of five non-senior tight ends selected in the first three rounds. Here are the top five draft-eligible players on the board, all of whom are non-seniors.

1. Zach Ertz (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29190/zach-ertz), Stanford (6-6, 249; 89)
2. Tyler Eifert (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29260/tyler-eifert), Notre Dame (6-6, 250; 88)
3. Escobar
4. Dion Sims (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29194/dion-sims), Michigan State (6-5, 276; 78)
5.Levine Toilolo (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29201/levine-toilolo), Stanford (6-8, 263; 76)

I've heard no buzz about Ertz staying or going, but most scouts I've talked to have a strong feeling that Eifert is leaning heavily toward leaving. If both declare for the draft, it will be interesting to see who comes off the board first, because teams seem to be split on who is the better overall prospect.
For the record, the highest-rated senior tight end on our board right now is Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30179/philip-lutzenkirchen), who is rated just slightly ahead of Joseph Fauria (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29270/joseph-fauria) (UCLA) and Jake Stoneburner (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29276/jake-stoneburner) (Ohio State). That trio will be jockeying for position in the middle rounds."

juice33s
11-17-2012, 04:51 PM

"Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol

BigBlueAllDay
11-17-2012, 11:45 PM
Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.

slipknottin
11-18-2012, 01:51 AM
"Bennett would be well over 1k yards." lol

Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.

juice33s
11-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Not sure what the funny part is. He would likely average about 70 or so yards a game.
Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3? Right now he's on pace to just about match Jake Ballards production from last season (Infact he's averaging 2 yards per game less then Ballard did).....The peices may change, but the offense stays the same

slipknottin
11-18-2012, 02:27 AM
Highly doubtful. Last season was the first time the Giants EVER had two 1k recievers and now you think they can have 3?

It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

I think it would be very possibly he could have 70+ catches.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers

juice33s
11-18-2012, 03:05 AM
It wouldn't surprise me at all. Bennett is going to be over 50 catches this season probably, and drops quite a few passes as well.

Who is the best TE the giants have had with Eli and gilbride? Shockey for a couple years? They really haven't had much talent at the position. It's hard to infer from poor talent what they would have with good/great talent

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbers
Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best

Rat_bastich
11-18-2012, 04:15 AM
Don't look now, but the underrated Notre Dame football team finally took over the No. 1 spot. Alabama/Oregon could be No.2.

Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team.

slipknottin
11-18-2012, 08:05 AM
Being new to the system doesn't have much to do with anything, both Shockey and Plax had their best seasons in their first year with the Giants. Getting 1,000 yards for a TE is no easy feat, Most of the guys who did it were the number 1 options for their team and Bennett will never be more then a 3rd option at best

Shockey was here before gilbride.

Redeyejedi
11-18-2012, 10:08 AM

And like I said earlier. You are comparing TEs who were in the system for over a year, and ones who were healthy. That Bennett is already putting up comparable numbers hurt and new to the system means he has way more upside and can put up much greater numbersHe was productive early in the season before he got injured. He may get 750 yards this season not being utilized as much as he could be.

Redeyejedi
11-18-2012, 10:13 AM
Yep, with Oregon and Kansas State taking a fall it is pretty much assured. Notre Dame needed to blow Wake Forest out and they did it. One more game against a pretty mediocre USC and it should be a wrap. The problem is, USC has won the rivalry battle for the most part. Of course, this is a new Notre Dame team. I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.

BigBlueAllDay
11-18-2012, 11:09 AM
What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.

rainierjef
11-18-2012, 01:52 PM
What are people's opinions about the Giants landing Notre Dame LB Manti Te'o in the draft if they're able to?

We all know LB and OL are something the Giants can improve on in terms of depth.

we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.

BlueSanta
11-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Here's what Mcshay had to say about the TE class:

"[/URL]San Diego State's [URL="http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30242/gavin-escobar"]Gavin Escobar (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30208/) (79) doesn't get much national love, but West Coast NFL scouts have been whispering about the athletic pass-catching tight end.

Escobar (6-5, 255) leads the team with 35 catches for 483 yards and five touchdowns. He's not a senior and could very well return to SDSU for another season, but should he leave early, Escobar could be one of five non-senior tight ends selected in the first three rounds. Here are the top five draft-eligible players on the board, all of whom are non-seniors.

1. Zach Ertz (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29190/zach-ertz), Stanford (6-6, 249; 89)
2. Tyler Eifert (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29260/tyler-eifert), Notre Dame (6-6, 250; 88)
3. Escobar
4. Dion Sims (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29194/dion-sims), Michigan State (6-5, 276; 78)
5.Levine Toilolo (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29201/levine-toilolo), Stanford (6-8, 263; 76)

I've heard no buzz about Ertz staying or going, but most scouts I've talked to have a strong feeling that Eifert is leaning heavily toward leaving. If both declare for the draft, it will be interesting to see who comes off the board first, because teams seem to be split on who is the better overall prospect.
For the record, the highest-rated senior tight end on our board right now is Auburn's Philip Lutzenkirchen (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/30179/philip-lutzenkirchen), who is rated just slightly ahead of Joseph Fauria (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29270/joseph-fauria) (UCLA) and Jake Stoneburner (http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/player/_/id/29276/jake-stoneburner) (Ohio State). That trio will be jockeying for position in the middle rounds."

I would be absolutely shocked if Etz Stayed. There are wispers Stanford may also lose thier Head coach to the NFL. If that is the case, I do not see why Ertz would stay.

I can see why some teams may have Eifert above Ertz, but the way most teams use a TE nowadays I think Ertz will be rated slightly higher. I said this last year and will say it again now, both of these guys are better prospects than Fleener or any TE was last year.

BlueSanta
11-18-2012, 05:23 PM
I think Notre Dame will get destroyed by Alabama.

Im not 1 to predict to often the out outcome of games. But This 1 I will. I agree with you.

As we have seen the only way to beat bama is with amazing QB play and some luck. I do not see ND being able to get yards vs the Bama defense.I think it would take 1 of the great upsets of our time to see ND defeat Bama. And, as much as I love defensive football, I think the majority of the country would find this game extremely boring.

slipknottin
11-18-2012, 08:02 PM
we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.

Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.

rainierjef
11-18-2012, 08:38 PM
Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs.

Doubt he gets drafted in the top 10 but 15 even to 20 is plausible. He woks in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, everyone is looking for that athletic ILB.

slipknottin
11-18-2012, 10:48 PM
Doubt he gets drafted in the top 10 but 15 even to 20 is plausible. He woks in a 3-4 or 4-3 defense, everyone is looking for that athletic ILB.

I don't think it's impossible he is still on the board when the giants pick

rainierjef
11-18-2012, 11:59 PM
I don't think it's impossible he is still on the board when the giants pick

well I hope you are right. Cause T'eo is who I want badly.

Redeyejedi
11-19-2012, 07:25 AM
we gotta be drafting in the teens to get him. I don't see him going past 15.I agree more likely Top 10. Alec Oggletree is a more reasonable target for the Giants. He would tighten up the passing defense in the Middle of the field. However even though he would help this team overall even if the Giants drafted him they wouldnt play him because he isnt a stout run defender. So he would just stand on the sidelines while CHase Blackburn gets the team gutted all day long.

I think the Giants have to get a Defensive End early the pass rush is anemic. The only other spot Id be OK with is in the secondary either a Cornerback or a Safety but both of those positions may be better off waiting till round 2. The Giants need to find replacements for big money players Rolle and Webster both are not worth 9 million a year

Redeyejedi
11-19-2012, 07:29 AM
I don't think it's impossible he is still on the board when the giants pickI dont know man Kuechly went 9 and to me he is a better prospect

BlueSanta
11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
I dont know man Kuechly went 9 and to me he is a better prospect
Im confused by your wording i think, are you saying Teo is the better prospect?

I actually think Teo is a very good player, but I think his hype level is getting a bit scary. He has so much more talent around him making him look good.

juice33s
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM
well I hope you are right. Cause T'eo is who I want badly.
Put me on that train too....I haven't looked at all the first round prospects that closely to make a definite desicion, but at first glance this seems like a pretty weak draft at the top and none of the prospects really excite me that much. Right now I'd say Teo and Chance Warmack are the two guys I'd want most in the first round

Redeyejedi
11-19-2012, 07:24 PM
Im not so sure, its always a bit of a mystery with inside linebackers. They dont typically have all that much value. I dont think Teo is a better prospect than Kuechly was last year. But ESPN is rolling the Teo hype train right now saying he will go 1st overall to the Chiefs. Thats just stupid. One of the 3-4 teams will take him, Maybe the Jets

Redeyejedi
11-19-2012, 07:26 PM
Im confused by your wording i think, are you saying Teo is the better prospect?

I actually think Teo is a very good player, but I think his hype level is getting a bit scary. He has so much more talent around him making him look good.I wasnt as crazy about Kuechly as everyone else didnt think he was a MLB. T'eo can play inside

nycsportzfan
11-19-2012, 10:31 PM
I wasnt as crazy about Kuechly as everyone else didnt think he was a MLB. T'eo can play inside I loved Kuechly, and said he'd be a top 10 pick (actually had a bet with someone on here about that?), and the Panthers have been so much better defensivley since he was put in the middle as starter.. Dude is everywhere.. I wish we had em...

nycsportzfan
11-19-2012, 10:33 PM
Te'o is diffrent then most MLB's his size, becuase he can defend the pass.. A guy with that size who can get behind the line and defend the pass is rare.. He dosen't fall into the stero typical "if ur 250lbs and play ILB u gotta play ILB for 3/4 team".. Hes the exception to the rule, and take it from someone whos watched just about every play for ND this yr, hes completely the real deal, and i honestly don't think there undefeated without em...

nycsportzfan
11-19-2012, 10:37 PM
I'm kinda hoping Kawaan Short is available when we pick.. The guys brilliant.. He blocks kicks, sacks qb's, gets RB's behind the line, strong at POA, has great size..etc If the GIANTS pick in the low 20's, which i hope they don't, but lets face it, losing to eagles and bengals could really hurt us, then i hope Kawaan Short is at least in consideration.. Linval and Short side by side would be unbelievable..

Also, people know how much i like Baccari Rambo, and i'd put his off field stuff aside, becauses hes a 1st rd talent, and if hes still available when we pick in RD 2, i'd take me.. He'd be a unbelievable replacement for KP..

nycsportzfan
11-20-2012, 07:11 AM

Obviously we'll be doing some work in FA'cy as well, so u don't have to cover everything via the draft.. Heres this WK's mock draft, all though we didn't play, i'm bored so will do one anyways.. Obviously guys like Alec Lemon, who i put in last wk, may of played himself outta 6th rd slot, because he was utterly freaking insane yet again! U can see why i mocked em to us, as he followed up his 9CATCH 176YRD 2TD against LOUISVILLE game with a 12CATCH 244YRD 2TD game against MIZZO, both coming in WINS... LEMON's got size and deceptive speed and good hands... JOE FAURIA again was impressive in there upset win vs USC, with 4CATCH 61YRD 1TD..

Anyhow, heres this wk's mock.. I got us picking 22nd, as thats where i believe we'd pick if Draft was today..

1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- This guy does it all, as he blocks kicks(4), sacks the QB(6), gets behind the line for TFL(13)..Hes also got really good size, and has the nessecary explosion off the ball that would play nice next to a big run stuffer like LINVAL JOSEPH.. THey'd be a formidable duo, and Chris Canty may be released in offseason and Rocky Bernard is a FA, and Marvin Austin has shown nothing to this point in his career...

2. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- Tony Jefferson was lit up this past weekend by W.VA, which is nothing to slouch about, but still. Rambo's bulldogs have been even better defensivley since he returned, and the playmaker has made a big impact since returning, and it shows.. Hes got solid size, ball hawk ability, and great instincts.. With KP's career in NY possibly coming to a close, and me not being as sold on S.BROWN longterm, as i've said since hes started killing it for us, and Rolles big contract possibly leading to a Cap casualty, i think Rambo makes alot of sense.. Hes a 1st rd talent that has fell because off field issues, but his on field play and diffrence making is to hard to ignore, and i'd be happy to gamble on the kids talent in RD 2..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- Big athletic, redzone target, who has frame to add some weight and become better blocker.. Has been huge for UCLA in a resurgent season for the bruins, and is the last of the top TE's in this class, in my opinion, behind only Eifert and Ertz... Huge dropoff after Fauria..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Gotta chance to watch this kid this past wk, and was really impressed.. He moves well, and is a leader of a team that loves to run the football.. 4th rd steal in my opinion..

5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Big, Strong MLB, who is fiery leader of Iowa St club.. Sure tackler, who was BIG12 Co Defensive player of the yr last season.. A solid player..

6. Craig Roh DE Michigan- stock has fallen this yr, but is a strong physical player who could be a solid rotational DE, maybe our next Dave Tollefson type?

7. Matthew McGloin QB Penn St- The kids improved leaps and bounds, and if not for the Penn St Air attack to make them a complete offense, they don't have a resurgent season.. Hes smart with the football and can make most of the throws.. hes worth a shot in the 7th rd, and would be good competiton if we don't want to pay a mill for a backup...

BlueSanta
11-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Heres this WK's mock draft, all though we didn't play, i'm bored so will do one anyways.. Obviously guys like Alec Lemon, who i put in last wk, may of played himself outta 6th rd slot, because he was utterly freaking insane yet again! U can see why i mocked em to us, as he followed up his 9CATCH 176YRD 2TD against LOUISVILLE game with a 12CATCH 244YRD 2TD game against MIZZO, both coming in WINS... LEMON's got size and deceptive speed and good hands... JOE FAURIA again was impressive in there upset win vs USC, with 4CATCH 61YRD 1TD..

Anyhow, heres this wk's mock.. I got us picking 22nd, as thats where i believe we'd pick if Draft was today..

1. Kawaan Short DT Purdue- This guy does it all, as he blocks kicks(4), sacks the QB(6), gets behind the line for TFL(13)..Hes also got really good size, and has the nessecary explosion off the ball that would play nice next to a big run stuffer like LINVAL JOSEPH.. THey'd be a formidable duo, and Chris Canty may be released in offseason and Rocky Bernard is a FA, and Marvin Austin has shown nothing to this point in his career...

2. Bacarri Rambo S Georgia- Tony Jefferson was lit up this past weekend by W.VA, which is nothing to slouch about, but still. Rambo's bulldogs have been even better defensivley since he returned, and the playmaker has made a big impact since returning, and it shows.. Hes got solid size, ball hawk ability, and great instincts.. With KP's career in NY possibly coming to a close, and me not being as sold on S.BROWN longterm, as i've said since hes started killing it for us, and Rolles big contract possibly leading to a Cap casualty, i think Rambo makes alot of sense.. Hes a 1st rd talent that has fell because off field issues, but his on field play and diffrence making is to hard to ignore, and i'd be happy to gamble on the kids talent in RD 2..

3. Joseph Fauria TE UCLA- Big athletic, redzone target, who has frame to add some weight and become better blocker.. Has been huge for UCLA in a resurgent season for the bruins, and is the last of the top TE's in this class, in my opinion, behind only Eifert and Ertz... Huge dropoff after Fauria..

4. Brian Winters OT Kent St- Gotta chance to watch this kid this past wk, and was really impressed.. He moves well, and is a leader of a team that loves to run the football.. 4th rd steal in my opinion..

5. AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- Big, Strong MLB, who is fiery leader of Iowa St club.. Sure tackler, who was BIG12 Co Defensive player of the yr last season.. A solid player..

6. Craig Roh DE Michigan- stock has fallen this yr, but is a strong physical player who could be a solid rotational DE, maybe our next Dave Tollefson type?

7. Matthew McGloin QB Penn St- The kids improved leaps and bounds, and if not for the Penn St Air attack to make them a complete offense, they don't have a resurgent season.. Hes smart with the football and can make most of the throws.. hes worth a shot in the 7th rd, and would be good competiton if we don't want to pay a mill for a backup...

I cant really complain about the guys you have us selecting right now. Top 3 are good players. But I do not think this team has the luxury of waiting to select Olineman anymore. Literally all of our recent early draft picks are going nowhere till we shore up this oline.

It seems like Reese likes to get Onlinemen in free agency lately, and I would be fine with that. But until we do it, I cannot forgive another offseason of passing on Oline. You know last draft I said the 1 guy who I didnt think we could get, but as it turned out we could have, was Cordy Glenn. If we do not address this need this offseason, I think this team goes into rapid decline.

Redeyejedi
11-20-2012, 01:04 PM
Te'o is diffrent then most MLB's his size, becuase he can defend the pass.. A guy with that size who can get behind the line and defend the pass is rare.. He dosen't fall into the stero typical "if ur 250lbs and play ILB u gotta play ILB for 3/4 team".. Hes the exception to the rule, and take it from someone whos watched just about every play for ND this yr, hes completely the real deal, and i honestly don't think there undefeated without em...No way would they be undefeated without him. U know what bugs me, How good Geno Atkins is.I wish we had him instead that waste of roster space Marvin Austin.