PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 11:40 AM
Might go pretty high if he runs well. Which I think he might. I might put him in my next mock as the 3rd round pick Ya, at that size, if he runs well, he'll get into that 3rd rd range for sure..

nycsportzfan
12-11-2012, 11:43 AM
What do u guys think is the reason Sheldon Richardson is ranked higher then Kawaan Short by most around the web? I personally think Kawaan Short is every bit as good, and blocks kicks also... Haven't seen a ton of Sheldon, nad was curious why many pick him over Short?

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 12:43 PM
What do u guys think is the reason Sheldon Richardson is ranked higher then Kawaan Short by most around the web? I personally think Kawaan Short is every bit as good, and blocks kicks also... Haven't seen a ton of Sheldon, nad was curious why many pick him over Short?Tough to compare the 2 different kind of players. Richardson is a straight gap shooter more explosive. The classic 3 tech for Tampa 2 .He is kinda like Mccoy from Oklahoma. Short is more well rounded not as explosive. Can play some 1 tech or 3 tech.He will hold up against double teams better.

EliIsTheBaas
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
DJ Fluker is my favourite prospect going into this draft. So big, strong, and relentless. Could come in and play RT for 10 years. A lot like Kareem.

http://youtu.be/M6eoZdR-ZTQ

Redeyejedi
12-11-2012, 08:02 PM
DJ Fluker is my favourite prospect going into this draft. So big, strong, and relentless. Could come in and play RT for 10 years. A lot like Kareem.

http://youtu.be/M6eoZdR-ZTQ

Thats my video. A little hint the Warmack videos are every snap 2 so u can just watch them to get Fluker

http://youtu.be/M6eoZdR-ZTQ[/youtube]

nycsportzfan
12-12-2012, 12:58 AM
I guess people are starting to catch on with my number 1 ranked CB JORDAN POYER.. He just got 1st team all american with Demarcus Milliner.. He beat our Jonathan Banks, Xavier Rhodes, Logan Ryan, and all those guys... POYER's a beast!

BlueSanta
12-12-2012, 01:08 AM
What do u guys think is the reason Sheldon Richardson is ranked higher then Kawaan Short by most around the web? I personally think Kawaan Short is every bit as good, and blocks kicks also... Haven't seen a ton of Sheldon, nad was curious why many pick him over Short?

In my opinion there are 2 reasons:

1) As silly as it sounds I think this kids name really started being thrown around after his performance against Alabama. He went up against 1 of the great all time college offensive lines and had 14 tackles(9 solo) and 1 sack. People really took notice of him then. I am not saying it is fair, but you beat up Alabama and you get noticed.

2) He is the better pure passrusher and passrushers always get a premium. I actually think Short may be the better all around prospect and is certainly no slouch of a passrusher either. I like my Dts to be stout at the point of attack and Short has that over Sheldon. But, Sheldon has the explosion and gap shooting.

Just my opinion.

BlueSanta
12-12-2012, 01:10 AM
I guess people are starting to catch on with my number 1 ranked CB JORDAN POYER.. He just got 1st team all american with Demarcus Milliner.. He beat our Jonathan Banks, Xavier Rhodes, Logan Ryan, and all those guys... POYER's a beast!

I do agree he has the best skillset of all the corners. I just want to see his measurables. I still worry about em. Once I see em and am satisfied, Im onboard.

nycsportzfan
12-12-2012, 01:13 AM
I'm loving Walts new Mock for us! 3rder, that has us going like this.. This is playmaker galore! I'll finish it out after his first 3rds..

1. Ez Ansah DE BYU
2. Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St. Walts 3rder, and now i'll finish it.. I'd love this mock!
--------------------------------------------------
4. Blaize Foltz G T.C.U
5. Graham Pocic C/T Illinois
6. Michael Williams TE Alabama
7. Zac Stacy RB Vanderbilt

slipknottin
12-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Only issue I have with Khaseem Greene is what position would he play? I don't think he is big or stout enough to play either Sam or Mike. And I think the giants are set at weakside for the future with Boley and J Will.

BlueSanta
12-12-2012, 07:15 AM
I'm loving Walts new Mock for us! 3rder, that has us going like this.. This is playmaker galore! I'll finish it out after his first 3rds..

1. Ez Ansah DE BYU
3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St. Walts 3rder, and now i'll finish it.. I'd love this mock!
4. Blaize Foltz G T.C.U

Zac Stacy is 1 of those guys I dont get why people have him going so late in the draft. I think he might be a guy whos value rises before draft day.

nycsportzfan
12-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Only issue I have with Khaseem Greene is what position would he play? I don't think he is big or stout enough to play either Sam or Mike. And I think the giants are set at weakside for the future with Boley and J Will. What do u mean? U got Arthur Brown in ur mock, who weighs less then Greene? Greene can be a jack of all trades LB in my opinion, depending on down and distance and what personel u have on the field.. Greene would give us a shot of youth and potential to our LB unit as well, which i think is nessecary.. I do like J.Williams, but would prefer he stay our nickel LB if possible.. I'd groom Greene for a starting spot, while getting him and Williams on the field in situations that suit them in the meantime..

nycsportzfan
12-12-2012, 07:34 AM
Zac Stacy is 1 of those guys I dont get why people have him going so late in the draft. I think he might be a guy whos value rises before draft day. possibly..

slipknottin
12-12-2012, 07:58 AM
What do u mean? U got Arthur Brown in ur mock, who weighs less then Greene? Greene can be a jack of all trades LB in my opinion, depending on down and distance and what personel u have on the field.. Greene would give us a shot of youth and potential to our LB unit as well, which i think is nessecary.. I do like J.Williams, but would prefer he stay our nickel LB if possible.. I'd groom Greene for a starting spot, while getting him and Williams on the field in situations that suit them in the meantime..

Brown plays MLB. And he is physically more stout. Where Greene is more of a run and chase type.

rainierjef
12-12-2012, 03:25 PM

1. Ez Ansah DE BYU
4. Blaize Foltz G T.C.U

I love that Michael Williams pick. This kid is a sleeper, Just his size alone is already a mismatch to safties/and if he can register a mid 4.6- low 4.7 40, he would be a mismatch to the Line backers as well. Kisd is heavily under used and is a solid blocker, his hasa high ceiling at the next level. Pope will get the most out of this kid I think.

nycsportzfan
12-13-2012, 06:09 AM
Brown plays MLB. And he is physically more stout. Where Greene is more of a run and chase type. Oh, i dissgree.. Greene is really physical, and Brown is more of a run and chase LB.. I mean, they both are to a degree, but i see Greene standing up physically more so then i do Brown.. Brown is more of a Lavonte David type, which i've often seen him compared 2 as well... I think Greene comes in weighing at least close to 10lb's more then Arthur Brown as well.. He looks bigger then the listed weight.. Theres no way Arthur Brown is a MLB in the NFL, in my opinion.. Hes weakside all day...

rainierjef
12-16-2012, 04:09 AM
Say good bye to the chances of Tyler Eifert guys
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000111507/article/report-green-bay-packers-to-release-jermichael-finley
Why do I hate the packers? They are not even out rivals!

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Where do you guy's have fresno's phillip thomas?...at 6'1" 215 with range he stacks up physically with pretty much all the high profile guys, but outshines them in production with 8int's, 3 returned for TD's and 4 sacks (This season). I've seen some highlights and he seems like a pretty complete player who is solid against the pass and the run.

He was invited to the senior bowl so I think he's a guy who could pick up some serious steam as the draft process goes on and could eventually surpass alot of these guys and be a 2nd round pick,,,,,Redeye, you know what to do
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7R24OSpXVI I was going to wait until I got mailed some more Fresno st games but I have this I cut. Oregon is a tough offense to judge a safety from but this first half isnt very good. Overly aggressive coming downhill,poor angles, and missed tackles. If u are going to come up like that against Oregon U have to get the guy to the ground. 2nd half much better. They kept him closer to the line,played him from the slot some,let him blitz and he made plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpiQDhd4CM

juice33s
12-16-2012, 04:26 PM
I was going to wait until I got mailed some more Fresno st games but I have this I cut. Oregon is a tough offense to judge a safety from but this first half isnt very good. Overly aggressive coming downhill,poor angles, and missed tackles. If u are going to come up like that against Oregon U have to get the guy to the ground. 2nd half much better. They kept him closer to the line,played him from the slot some,let him blitz and he made plays

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGpiQDhd4CM
From what I hear that was his worst game of the year, but it looked like he was outmatched by the oregon athletes....far from impressive

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Brown plays MLB. And he is physically more stout. Where Greene is more of a run and chase type.
Just put this up

Arthur Brown vs WV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUuGUNAIWYw

Imgrate
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
We cannot waste another first round pick. I think we have to land a top talent at DE. I'm all aboard the ansah bandwagon

Redeyejedi
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
From what I hear that was his worst game of the year, but it looked like he was outmatched by the oregon athletes....far from impressiveThe 1st half was really ugly

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:49 AM
welp, that was about as embaressing and almost expected a game as i've seen in awhile from the giants.. Well actually, since the redskins and bengals game, so i guess it hasen't been that long after all???lol What a stupid mentality to have, as far as "play when ur backs and season are at the wall".. How about play every wk, and get that postseason berth locked down and don't chance ur season by coming out completely lifeless and almost moronic in so many games toward the end of teh season?

I've said this a gazillion times and i'll say it again, the veterans on this team have to go.. There the ones letting that mantra hang around yr after yr, and its going to cost us very soon, and possibly this yr.. U simply have to play in this league every wk, and can't not show up because u think ur backs not against the wall yet.. Guys like Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, OSI, Diehl, have polluted the locker room with this thought process, and its time to let these overpaid, gutless wonders go bye bye... They've had there time, and obviously aren't man enough to not let the SB wins go to there heads, and continue to come out even when it seems ur seasons not hanging by a grasp and play hard and win games...

I can tell guys like JPP are getting sick of it as he said in the paper hes sick of hereing about "We've been here before".. he said "forget that we've been here before, just go out and play!"... Thats the attitude i want to here.. Not guys like Tuck and OSI saying "we've had are back against teh wall before"..

Its like SHUT UP , TOOLBAGS!!!lol Just stay home or fake a injury if u can't motivate urself unless the seasons completely on the line..

Anyhow, i'm doing my WEEKLY mock, and i got us picking 20th right now, and i don't see us beating BALTIMORE this wk, and even if we do, i dond't see us winning against Philly.. I think this is the yr this dumb mentality thats been floating around the giants locker room catches up with us, and we blow what should of been a easy playoff berth because of it..
So without further adu, heres my mock with us picking 20th...

1. Ezikiahl Ansah DE BYU- Reminds me of JPP, and obviously Tuck and OSI will be out the door most likely after this season, so drafting pass rushers is a must, and finding guys who are actually still hungry and letting go of the bull cr-ap philosphy of playing only when backs against the wall has to go... Ansah has monster upside, is long and strong, and has JPP type potential...

2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- Obviously we need Oline help as well as DLINE, and Cooper will help open holes for David WIlson and company, and offers youth and talent on a offensive line that needs both...

3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Another play maker on the dline in the form of a DT this time.. Hills talents of making plays behind the line should mesh well with Linval Josephs giant pressence as a run stuffer, who also occasionally get pressure.. Hill and Ansah should really help JPP and Joseph going forward..

4. Terry Hawthrone CB Illinois- Corey Webster su-cks now, and is beaten wk in and wk out it seems, and could be gone.. Hosley looks more like a nickel CB at this point, and Hawthrone has good size/speed combanation and could start opposite Prince down the line.. Secondary help is a must on this team, as well as Dline...

5. Devin Taylor DE S.Caroina- Like i said in previous posts, adding a early rd DE is just a start, and i'd consider adding a upside boom or bust DE in later rds as well.. Devin Taylor falls into that category and he has the size/length and potential to be a decent rotational DE who offers some upside at this stage in the draft.. Tracy and Ojomo have done nothing really to this point, and we could very well lose OSI and Tuck, so multiple DE's could be needed..

6. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- I love this kid as a sleeper, and i dont' think David Wilson is a tote the load by himself RB, as he lacks strength and blocking ability and we'll need someone to help shoulder the load.. eveyone knows i love the low center of gravity RB's, with muscular legs, and bowling ball look to em, and Maysonet is that, plus packs some speed as well..

7. Earl Wolff S NC State- a team leader, and underrated player, Wolff brings great intangables to the table and with KP's future up in the air with us, and guys like Stevie Brown and Sash no gurantee to be good consistent NFL starters, getting another solid S into the mix can only help.. If for no other reason, for depth purposes...

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Ansah is hungry and plays with a motor that doesnt quit. BYU is a 3-4 defense and he has show he can be unselfish taking on blockers to allow Kyle Van Oy to make plays. Ansah has the size to give the Giants options with their fronts. Remember when Justin Tuck used to dominate Guards when he lined up inside on passing downs? Well that doesnt happen anymore, Ansah could give that back to the Giants. Ansah and JPP would give the Giants a pair of strong,athletic, big defensive ends. I still think they would need an edge rusher on top of Ansah . A smaller faster player that can threaten the edge . Ansah looks pro ready even though he has barely played football. His Hand usage is already very good and he gets assignments

Redeyejedi
12-17-2012, 09:06 AM
I wonder if Mingo will be in the Giants range he had a poor year and could very well bust but the Giants need speed off the edge. I think Mingo projects better as a LB but if u can keep him clean he would be deadly as a blitzer. He has outrageous burst off the edge he just doesnt play with much strength. I dont think he is an every down end right now at all but if used properly he could really cause problems

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Ansah is hungry and plays with a motor that doesnt quit. BYU is a 3-4 defense and he has show he can be unselfish taking on blockers to allow Kyle Van Oy to make plays. Ansah has the size to give the Giants options with their fronts. Remember when Justin Tuck used to dominate Guards when he lined up inside on passing downs? Well that doesnt happen anymore, Ansah could give that back to the Giants. Ansah and JPP would give the Giants a pair of strong,athletic, big defensive ends. I still think they would need an edge rusher on top of Ansah . A smaller faster player that can threaten the edge . Ansah looks pro ready even though he has barely played football. His Hand usage is already very good and he gets assignments
Ya, Tucks barley a NFL player at this point.. Seems his prime came and went very quickly, and he never did really live up to the potential he showed in that 2007 season.. Ya, hes had a couple yrs outside of that season, but i thought he was gonna be a 10-13 sacks a season guy for at least the next 6yrs.. Hes only had double digit sacks in 3seasons outta his entire career...

I think ur theory of having Ansah inside on passing downs could work if Devin Taylor could figure out how to turn his measurables and potential into production.. Maybe our coaching staff could turn the light on for him? If so, u would have 3 very long DE't on the line with JPP, Ansah and Taylor, plus in my mock, Jordan Hill, who can also rush the passer on the inside, on passing downs... That could make for a havoc causing foursome on pass downs.. Unfortunetly, we don't know if Taylor will ever get it, though?

I still ike Taylor to a jack crawford of last yr type pass rusher.. He clearly has all the physical gifts, and could be better pro then college player, the more he gets frustrated and willing to put in the work, so he can turn his physical gifts into talent.. Its up to the player though.. Hard to believe guys like Jack Crawford and Devin Taylor aren't dominating more often..

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 09:16 AM
I wonder if Mingo will be in the Giants range he had a poor year and could very well bust but the Giants need speed off the edge. I think Mingo projects better as a LB but if u can keep him clean he would be deadly as a blitzer. He has outrageous burst off the edge he just doesnt play with much strength. I dont think he is an every down end right now at all but if used properly he could really cause problems Ya, i was wondering if Sam Montgomery would be in our range as well?

Its gonna be tough to pick between Dline and Oline in RD 1 if we continue to falter and pick earlier and earlier.. Guys like Jake Matthews, Taylor Lewan, and Chance Warmack will make it tough to decide between them or guys like Ez Ansah, Sam Montgomery, and Alex Okafor at DE...

I personally would go get that Dline somebody to pair with JPP first and foremost, but i could see it being a decison for Reese and co to make if they pick in the 19-24 range.. Be alot of guys from the oline and dline primed for taking in that range...

slipknottin
12-17-2012, 11:02 AM
I think you have to value a DE over an OT. How valuable are RTs anyway? Worth a top 20 pick? I would argue not.

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 12:24 PM
I think you have to value a DE over an OT. How valuable are RTs anyway? Worth a top 20 pick? I would argue not. i was thinking G in Chance Warmacks case.. A big burly G that pass protects and road grades and has David Decastro type talent level is a guy most would have on there radar for sure..

But as u say, i also would rather see one of the Ansah, okafor, montgomery guys go to us.. Maybe we can trade up or get lucky enough to secure barrett or dallas thomas, Jonathan Cooper, or Oday Aboushi in RD 2...

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Man, i can't wait to see the DLINE at the Sr.Bowl this yr.. Ez Ansah, Kawaan Short, Margus Hunt, Cory Grissom(nice mid rd DT), Jordan Hill, are all ready signed up to go..

Also, some players i love like Jordan Poyer, Brian Winters, Khaseem Greeene, will also be there...

BlueSanta
12-17-2012, 02:37 PM
welp, that was about as embaressing and almost expected a game as i've seen in awhile from the giants.. Well actually, since the redskins and bengals game, so i guess it hasen't been that long after all???lol What a stupid mentality to have, as far as "play when ur backs and season are at the wall".. How about play every wk, and get that postseason berth locked down and don't chance ur season by coming out completely lifeless and almost moronic in so many games toward the end of teh season?

I've said this a gazillion times and i'll say it again, the veterans on this team have to go.. There the ones letting that mantra hang around yr after yr, and its going to cost us very soon, and possibly this yr.. U simply have to play in this league every wk, and can't not show up because u think ur backs not against the wall yet.. Guys like Corey Webster, Justin Tuck, OSI, Diehl, have polluted the locker room with this thought process, and its time to let these overpaid, gutless wonders go bye bye... They've had there time, and obviously aren't man enough to not let the SB wins go to there heads, and continue to come out even when it seems ur seasons not hanging by a grasp and play hard and win games...

I can tell guys like JPP are getting sick of it as he said in the paper hes sick of hereing about "We've been here before".. he said "forget that we've been here before, just go out and play!"... Thats the attitude i want to here.. Not guys like Tuck and OSI saying "we've had are back against teh wall before"..

Its like SHUT UP , TOOLBAGS!!!lol Just stay home or fake a injury if u can't motivate urself unless the seasons completely on the line..

Anyhow, i'm doing my WEEKLY mock, and i got us picking 20th right now, and i don't see us beating BALTIMORE this wk, and even if we do, i dond't see us winning against Philly.. I think this is the yr this dumb mentality thats been floating around the giants locker room catches up with us, and we blow what should of been a easy playoff berth because of it..
So without further adu, heres my mock with us picking 20th...

1. Ezikiahl Ansah DE BYU- Reminds me of JPP, and obviously Tuck and OSI will be out the door most likely after this season, so drafting pass rushers is a must, and finding guys who are actually still hungry and letting go of the bull cr-ap philosphy of playing only when backs against the wall has to go... Ansah has monster upside, is long and strong, and has JPP type potential...

2. Jonathan Cooper G UNC- Obviously we need Oline help as well as DLINE, and Cooper will help open holes for David WIlson and company, and offers youth and talent on a offensive line that needs both...

3. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Another play maker on the dline in the form of a DT this time.. Hills talents of making plays behind the line should mesh well with Linval Josephs giant pressence as a run stuffer, who also occasionally get pressure.. Hill and Ansah should really help JPP and Joseph going forward..

4. Terry Hawthrone CB Illinois- Corey Webster su-cks now, and is beaten wk in and wk out it seems, and could be gone.. Hosley looks more like a nickel CB at this point, and Hawthrone has good size/speed combanation and could start opposite Prince down the line.. Secondary help is a must on this team, as well as Dline...

5. Devin Taylor DE S.Caroina- Like i said in previous posts, adding a early rd DE is just a start, and i'd consider adding a upside boom or bust DE in later rds as well.. Devin Taylor falls into that category and he has the size/length and potential to be a decent rotational DE who offers some upside at this stage in the draft.. Tracy and Ojomo have done nothing really to this point, and we could very well lose OSI and Tuck, so multiple DE's could be needed..

6. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- I love this kid as a sleeper, and i dont' think David Wilson is a tote the load by himself RB, as he lacks strength and blocking ability and we'll need someone to help shoulder the load.. eveyone knows i love the low center of gravity RB's, with muscular legs, and bowling ball look to em, and Maysonet is that, plus packs some speed as well..

7. Earl Wolff S NC State- a team leader, and underrated player, Wolff brings great intangables to the table and with KP's future up in the air with us, and guys like Stevie Brown and Sash no gurantee to be good consistent NFL starters, getting another solid S into the mix can only help.. If for no other reason, for depth purposes...

might be the best looking group of players I have seen you mock

nycsportzfan
12-17-2012, 07:06 PM
might be the best looking group of players I have seen you mock well, all of em have been mocked to us before by me, but i suppose not in the same draft? Either way, thanks i guess..lol I think all my mocks make sense, and they should, as i've followed this thing daily for about 15yrs now..lol I'm glad this one peaked ur interest though..

I know u said in the past u like Earl Wolff as a sleeper, and i believe Maysonet as well? We all seem to be in agreement about Ansah, and if G were a more natural 1st rd positon to be drafted, Cooper might be in the 1st rd group, as hes that kinda prospect as a G... Also, Jordan Hill's strengths seem to mesh perfectly well with that of Linval, as there strengths are opposite, hopefully making for a all around run stuffing, QB Sacking, TFL Machine at the DT positon..lol

Devin Taylor makes some sense as a boom or bust prospect in the RD 5 area as well..

BlueSanta
12-17-2012, 08:58 PM
We all seem to be in agreement about Ansah

I like Asnah and I think based on projections of where we will be picking he makes sense. I do think his stock will rise though, especially after the combine. I expect him to do very well there and he might actually go higher then expected because of it.

A lot of people like to compare him to JPP, and I think thats fair. Both are freak athletes. However, i do think JPP had better balance coming out of college. In that regard, I think he needs a lot of work.

rainierjef
12-17-2012, 11:58 PM
I like Asnah and I think based on projections of where we will be picking he makes sense. I do think his stock will rise though, especially after the combine. I expect him to do very well there and he might actually go higher then expected because of it.

A lot of people like to compare him to JPP, and I think thats fair. Both are freak athletes. However, i do think JPP had better balance coming out of college. In that regard, I think he needs a lot of work.

I am starting to co-sign with the Asnah pick as well. I just hope he is more polished than JPP coming out, as JPP is hitting a wall this season, hopefully he overcomes it.

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 06:40 AM
I am starting to co-sign with the Asnah pick as well. I just hope he is more polished than JPP coming out, as JPP is hitting a wall this season, hopefully he overcomes it. Ya but JPP's getting next to nothing from the rest of the team in terms of help getting to the QB..

Adrian Tracy is not turning into the player i thought he would, as i loved em as a sleeper when he came out.. I thought at worst, he'd become a solid rotational guy, capable of pressure more often then not...

We've seen nothing outta Tuck and OSI, as they both look Spent.. I mean, OSI"s got his sacks, but those are down and continue to go down, and hes shown nothing at all outside of those 6sacks or so.. Tucks just frustratingly playing bad this yr. Hes doing nothing almost every single wk.. His tackles are way down as well as his pressures.. 1 sack is ridiculous!

Linval Joseph has been are most productive pass rusher outside of JPP and OSI, and there barley beating em in sack total..lol That kinda tells u that JPP is getting some attention, as these other guys are making sure to not give defenses any reason to worry about them..lol

I'm hoping JPP's production picks back up if we get a DE like Ansah or Okafor.. I'll take either but prefer Ansah..

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 06:45 AM
I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?

BlueSanta
12-18-2012, 07:29 AM
I know we don't do it often, but what if were to draft a DE like Ansah or Okafor and then trade up in the 2nd RD for a guy like Barrett Jones or Dallas Thomas if there still on the board? What would something like that cost? I'm fine with Jonathan Cooper as i mocked, but Jones and Thomas are more versatile, and seem like stellar fits with the GIANTS in my opinion. A Ansah and Barret Jones 1st and 2nd rd would really help the giants in some need areas with really solid players.. Barrett Jones certainly has a chacne to go in RD1 which would kill this idea , as far as him being drafted by us...

Would our 2nd and 3rd be enough to move up say to the 5th-9th pick of RD 2 if were picking 21-24th or so?

The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic.

Redeyejedi
12-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Ya but JPP's getting next to nothing from the rest of the team in terms of help getting to the QB..

Adrian Tracy is not turning into the player i thought he would, as i loved em as a sleeper when he came out.. I thought at worst, he'd become a solid rotational guy, capable of pressure more often then not...

We've seen nothing outta Tuck and OSI, as they both look Spent.. I mean, OSI"s got his sacks, but those are down and continue to go down, and hes shown nothing at all outside of those 6sacks or so.. Tucks just frustratingly playing bad this yr. Hes doing nothing almost every single wk.. His tackles are way down as well as his pressures.. 1 sack is ridiculous!

Linval Joseph has been are most productive pass rusher outside of JPP and OSI, and there barley beating em in sack total..lol That kinda tells u that JPP is getting some attention, as these other guys are making sure to not give defenses any reason to worry about them..lol

I'm hoping JPP's production picks back up if we get a DE like Ansah or Okafor.. I'll take either but prefer Ansah..JPP is being doubled and chipped, guys going after his legs. I think he is more frustrated then anything. I cant imagine how bad this defense would be without him. I think U better another guy opposite him it would improve the quality of the whole defense. Maybe 1 more guy has to stay in or they have to chose who to chip instead of always directing the blocking at 1 guy. Giants have 3 good Dlineman JPP ,Canty and Joseph . Canty however is overpaid. 2 guys I wouldnt let go of are JPP and Joseph u can have everyone else.

Redeyejedi
12-18-2012, 07:51 AM
As far as Im concerned u build around these players on defense

JPP
Joseph
Phillips
Brown
Amukumara
WIll Hill
Jacquain Williams
Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more

BlueSanta
12-18-2012, 02:40 PM

JPP
Joseph
Phillips
Brown
Amukumara
WIll Hill
Jacquain Williams
Hosley - He has had a tough season I still think he can be an effective Nickel corner

Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more

That seems very fair to me.

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 03:56 PM
The only problem is, we really do have a ton of needs to be trading up. I wouldnt mind it if we could address OL and DE, but usually it is teams with 1 or 2 missing peices that trade up, I do not think we are in that category anymore.

In fact, I think we are at a tipping point this year. This team is very close to falling out of relevance if we dont have a decent offseason and bring in more than just a couple good players. We need 3-5 quality NFL starters added to the roster this offseason and I cant see how we can do that without some serious Reese magic. I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 03:58 PM

JPP
Joseph
Phillips
Brown
Amukumara
WIll Hill
Jacquain Williams

Thats not very much, I like Paysinger as well think he should play more I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...

Imgrate
12-18-2012, 04:01 PM
I dissagree, teams are always trading up that su-ck as well as teams that need only a few pieces.. OLINE and DLINE is obviously are 2 biggest needs, and being able to secure both of those positons in RDs 1 and 2 would seem to fill our 2 biggest needs real quick..Id say cb is a bigger need than ol

slipknottin
12-18-2012, 04:21 PM
I'm ok with Phillips going bye bye.. Hes injured to much and dosen't make enough plays on the ball.. I wouldent trust giving him a multi yr deal to be honest... I'd rather bring back Stevie Brown and maybe go to the FA well or draft a S...

Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Id say cb is a bigger need than ol Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well..

Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 04:44 PM
Teams don't throw anywhere near Phillips usually. They throw at Rolle or throw outside.

I would much rather have Phillips than Rolle. Could sign Phillips, brown, and Hill for what Rolle makes Ya, i would probably let em both go to be honest with u.. We've been terrible against the pass for the past couple seasons, and i've seen more blown covreges with the giants then almost any other team in football, and i watch a ton of football.. I;ve seen more big plays with seemingly S and CB's not being on the same page with this team as well.. I don't think KP or Rolle is really all that, and neither is a diffrence maker, and KP seems to miss time every yr.. I would never re-sign him to a sizable deal, as ur asking for trouble...

The guys missed more games this yr, has nothing but 20tackles and a pass defended on the yr.. Hes basically a non contributor to our efforts this season and has had seasons like this in the past... WHy in the world would u bring this injury prone guy back, unless ur getting em for dirt cheap?

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 04:45 PM
Walter Football put out his weekly mock today, and he has my mock basically.. Hes got Ansah going in RD 1 and Jordan Hill in RD 3, and hes got Khaseem Greene(who i love) in RD 2... Thats a nice mock.. Dosen't help the oline, but there will be a positon being ignored no matter what we do.. FA'cy is obviously a must to help teams, as u can't usually do it all in the draft.. I love that mock though..

slipknottin
12-18-2012, 04:46 PM
Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.

Redeyejedi
12-18-2012, 05:29 PM
Well KP being hurt this season may allow him to be resigned for not that much money.

Bigger question is if they can cut Rolle without getting a huge cap penalty.
I think the Pass Defense is much better with Phillips playing.Making plays on the ball is fine but Id rather them take less shots down the field then get interceptions but also give up big plays. Just going on Big plays can be misleading look at Blackburn he makes big plays but he is awful down to down. The 1 thing that pissed me off is that cut Coe. I would of let Sash go before Coe

Imgrate
12-18-2012, 05:59 PM
Certainly debatable.. Snee isn't what he once was, and Diehl is dispicable and won't be back, and we've got yet to see much outta James Brewer, and Cordle is our backup C, and i don't think were all beating down doors to see him in a big minutes capacity, and Locklear is coming off bad injury and is somewhat older...etc We need a versatile lineman and Barrett Jones and or Dallas Thomas would fit that like a glove.. They both can play multiple positons and would seem to fit our scheme well.. Lets not forget who our 1st rd pick was this past yr, in David Wilson.. If were gonna run better, and get the most outta WIlson, we also need to sure up the Oline, and i think it'll pretty much be a nessecity of the Giants going forward...I really don't care how much wilson contributes, it was a wasted pick and we shouldnt waste more to justify it. I feel like you can consistently win games with journeymen OL. I do not feel like the same can be said about CBs. The difference in play of a great ol and a good one is much smaller than that when talking about corners

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 06:18 PM
I think the Pass Defense is much better with Phillips playing.Making plays on the ball is fine but Id rather them take less shots down the field then get interceptions but also give up big plays. Just going on Big plays can be misleading look at Blackburn he makes big plays but he is awful down to down. The 1 thing that pissed me off is that cut Coe. I would of let Sash go before Coe Thats fine, but what good is KP if hes not on the field? I mean, hes played in how many games this yr? Hes only played in all games 2outta5 yrs in the league.. Also, u gotta wonder if these injuries are taking a toal on him?

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 06:23 PM
I really don't care how much wilson contributes, it was a wasted pick and we shouldnt waste more to justify it. I feel like you can consistently win games with journeymen OL. I do not feel like the same can be said about CBs. The difference in play of a great ol and a good one is much smaller than that when talking about corners Olineman are not wasted picks by any stretch.. David Diehl, Will Beatty, Chris Snee have been our best Lineman every yr just about since Diehl entered the league, at least one of em.. Chris Snee was taken early 2nd, and has been our best lineman outta all of em since he joined the club.. Sure hes regressing now, but hes had a stout career with us.. Will Beatty is our best lineman now, and he was a 2nd rd pick as well...

Sure u can find stop gaps, as long as u have guys like Beatty or Snee on the line and in prime of career...

This whole Lineman by cheap aquisiton thing is finally starting to bite us in the rear as we finished last in Rush offense last yr and were not doing paticularly well this yr, and the pressure has seemed to be getting to eli more and more.. Snee's and Diehls primes being behind them are huge reasons why.. U can blend a Locklear(i raved about signing by the way..lol), and Boothe and etc, if u got a couple stalwarts on the oline...

Trust me, we'll be much better if we get some Oline help like a barrett jones, jonathan cooper, dallas thomas, or soemthing like that..

BlueSanta
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Olineman are not wasted picks by any stretch.. David Diehl, Will Beatty, Chris Snee have been our best Lineman every yr just about since Diehl entered the league, at least one of em.. Chris Snee was taken early 2nd, and has been our best lineman outta all of em since he joined the club.. Sure hes regressing now, but hes had a stout career with us.. Will Beatty is our best lineman now, and he was a 2nd rd pick as well...

Sure u can find stop gaps, as long as u have guys like Beatty or Snee on the line and in prime of career...

This whole Lineman by cheap aquisiton thing is finally starting to bite us in the rear as we finished last in Rush offense last yr and were not doing paticularly well this yr, and the pressure has seemed to be getting to eli more and more.. Snee's and Diehls primes being behind them are huge reasons why.. U can blend a Locklear(i raved about signing by the way..lol), and Boothe and etc, if u got a couple stalwarts on the oline...

Trust me, we'll be much better if we get some Oline help like a barrett jones, jonathan cooper, dallas thomas, or soemthing like that..

I agree. In fact, I would go 1 step further. All things being equal, Oline can provide the most value in the early rounds. They are the opposite of wasted picks. They may not be "sexy" picks but they are valuable.

nycsportzfan
12-18-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree. In fact, I would go 1 step further. All things being equal, Oline can provide the most value in the early rounds. They are the opposite of wasted picks. They may not be "sexy" picks but they are valuable. Agreed.. We need a stalwart blue chipper on the oline to team with beatty bigtime..

Imgrate
12-18-2012, 07:04 PM
I agree. In fact, I would go 1 step further. All things being equal, Oline can provide the most value in the early rounds. They are the opposite of wasted picks. They may not be "sexy" picks but they are valuable.I only disagree because of the gap of play in ol. Think of it like the baseball stat wins over replacement. Qualitatively speaking, the gap between a great ol and s good one is much smaller than that of a great and good corner. Two other very important factors is that corners are more vital to winning games and their salaries are higher than ol, meaning you want as many top notch corners on rookie contracts as you can, while using the saved money to sign lineman. It fiscally makes the most sense

rainierjef
12-19-2012, 05:04 AM
Not going to lie. That last loss has taken everything out of me, I was hyped up cause I had the week off, was going to review some tape on CB/OL/DL/S, buy my tickets for the final game of the season cause I will be making the 10 hr flight from base to home on the 29th, to enjoy my first game with my girlfriend... possible fiancee depending on how these last two games go lol. meh!

sorry for the sentimental nonsense back to business.

CB/S is a bigger need than OL ( can be debatable)
OL is a bigger need than DL
DL is a bigger need than LB

1. Eric Fisher
2. Desmond Trufant
3. Tank Carradine / or Will Sutton ( not as DT he is too small for that as a DE)
4. Kwame Geathers

not my best work but I am still down on the loss.

nycsportzfan
12-19-2012, 06:58 AM
What do u guys think of Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina? He has expierence playing S as well, but got to big and played Outside LB for the game****s this past yr.. Seems like hes one of those in the right place at the right time guys and makes plays and has the size nessecary to play LB in the NFL, and also has alot of expierence in coverege on bigtime level of SEC from time as a S as well.. I think hes gonna be a ST ace as well.. I see him projected in the 4-7 range depending on where u look.. Reese loves versatility and a guy like Holloman may offer just that, on ST and Defense...

Also, Ray Ray Armstrong is eligible for this yrs draft.. He didn't play for Faulkner U after being let go by Miami, but certainly has intrigue as a 7th rd type, upside pick.. Hes got fantastic size and was a high draft pick potentially before off field issues lead to him going bye bye from the U..

Any intrigue in a guy like Armstrong in the 6th-7th range?

BlueSanta
12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
I only disagree because of the gap of play in ol. Think of it like the baseball stat wins over replacement. Qualitatively speaking, the gap between a great ol and s good one is much smaller than that of a great and good corner. Two other very important factors is that corners are more vital to winning games and their salaries are higher than ol, meaning you want as many top notch corners on rookie contracts as you can, while using the saved money to sign lineman. It fiscally makes the most sense

I kind of agree with what our saying about the gap differences, but it does leave out some pretty crucial points too. Like OLine tend to have longer careers and are typically easier to scout than DBs. Db is historically riskier to scout, especially in recent years because of the rule differences between college and pros. Furthermore, DBs dont protect the franchise QB.

Look, I agree that Corner is a massive need for us and I certainly would never complain if we walked away with any of the stud corners avail this year(Milliner, Banks, Rhodes, and some others.) However, I also recognize that we have severely neglected our Oline in recent years. Age has caught up with us up front and this team needs to improve in the trenches, on both sides of the ball really. Call me old school, but I still believe the game is won and lost in the trenches.

I do not care if we address Oline via free agency, or via the draft but it has to happen. We have put it off far too long. I have all the respect in the world for Reese, but looking at our current roster I have to begin to doubt some of what he has done recently. Going into the offseason last year, I said I felt we had the most needs we had in several years. This year, I feel we have even more, and they are more pressing. I truly believe this offseason we are going to see roster shakups the likes of which we havent seen in a few years. In fact, I hope we do because my fear is TC will fight the change to new personel, which was his downfall in jacksonville. He has a history of being stubbornly loyal to his vets. The problem is we have some guys who arent earning their paycheck.

slipknottin
12-19-2012, 12:02 PM
They have severely neglected the DL too. How many DEs have they drafted in the past 5 years? 1?

nycsportzfan
12-19-2012, 04:28 PM
They have severely neglected the DL too. How many DEs have they drafted in the past 5 years? 1? agreed. I mean, they have had depth there with OSI, TUCK, KIWI, TRACY(we didn't know how he'd progress), TOLLY, and JPP, but now that GUARD is clearly slowing down, and TOLLY is obviously gone, so its time to load up again with a new guard, to go with JPP and LINVAL, going forward..

rainierjef
12-19-2012, 04:41 PM
I think it's easier to Plug in OL during FA than it is with CB's. Some smart moves in free agency and 1-2 picks in the draft can assure we have a better O-Line than what we have right now. I believe secureing the Secondary and LB's is a major priority. I was really hoping Brandon Mosley from aubrun would trun out to be something. Once again where we pick prevents us from getting that Stud OL/CB/LB/ or S. So it boils down to BPA once again.
You guys feel Ezekiel Ansah is the BPA/need at 20-25 and I am inclined to agree with you, but with the cap and the state of affairs with giants aging OL/ injury riddled Secondary core/ Lack luster LB core. Do you really think BPA is the best plan of approach this draft?
Cause as much as I like Wilson that was a panic/bpa pick and I am not saying he won't pan out, I am saying its going to be a while before we see return on investment.
Took C.J. spiller what 2 seasons to breakout, can we wait that long?
Just a question!

slipknottin
12-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Its never BPA, its always a combination of BPA and need.

I think if there is anyone at any position that is clearly far ahead of other positions they take that player.

If there is a group of players with similar ratings, then take one at the position they feel they need help at the most.

I will say the most valuable position after QB will always be pass rusher. Followed by players who can cover. Then it becomes a mix of skill position/OL

TheEnigma
12-19-2012, 07:47 PM
In the event that Ezekiel Ansah isn't available, do you gentlemen think Sheldon Richardson could be a realistic possibility? He would be a perfect compliment to Joseph on the inside and could take advantage of some 1-on-1s but I worry that his questionable motivation could have him removed off of the Giants draft board.

Also, any idea where Tank Carradine could be projected now because of that torn ACL?

rainierjef
12-19-2012, 10:52 PM
In the event that Ezekiel Ansah isn't available, do you gentlemen think Sheldon Richardson could be a realistic possibility? He would be a perfect compliment to Joseph on the inside and could take advantage of some 1-on-1s but I worry that his questionable motivation could have him removed off of the Giants draft board.

Also, any idea where Tank Carradine could be projected now because of that torn ACL?

I had Carradine in the 3rd i think due to this injury.
I was also thinking of Will Sutton, who played DT, but due to his size he would have to either bulk up really fast without suffering his speed or just convert to a DE at the pro level. If its the latter he can help out tremendously in the Nascar package we all LOVE!!! to see. sigh*

nycsportzfan
12-21-2012, 05:58 AM

Also, any idea where Tank Carradine could be projected now because of that torn ACL? THe way guys are coming back from that injury these days, i don't expect him to fall further then 1st half of RD 3, and possibly 2nd half of RD2... Hes still a nice looking prospect, in my opinion..

nycsportzfan
12-21-2012, 05:59 AM
A Couple of Sleepers to watch out for this draft season..

Vance McDonald TE Rice- Great size, and a heck of a reciever outta TE positon.. He could rise pretty high as draft approaches..

Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- 6ft 200lber, with solid speed, can pick the ball, and get to the QB on occasion.. Seems like a giant kinda CB, and i could see him being a steal in mid to late rds...

nycsportzfan
12-21-2012, 06:15 AM
I think it's easier to Plug in OL during FA than it is with CB's. Some smart moves in free agency and 1-2 picks in the draft can assure we have a better O-Line than what we have right now. I believe secureing the Secondary and LB's is a major priority. I was really hoping Brandon Mosley from aubrun would trun out to be something. Once again where we pick prevents us from getting that Stud OL/CB/LB/ or S. So it boils down to BPA once again.
You guys feel Ezekiel Ansah is the BPA/need at 20-25 and I am inclined to agree with you, but with the cap and the state of affairs with giants aging OL/ injury riddled Secondary core/ Lack luster LB core. Do you really think BPA is the best plan of approach this draft?
Cause as much as I like Wilson that was a panic/bpa pick and I am not saying he won't pan out, I am saying its going to be a while before we see return on investment.
Took C.J. spiller what 2 seasons to breakout, can we wait that long?
Just a question! To be fair, almost every positon in the NFL has plenty of guys producing that came from nowhere(easier to pick up as u say).. Look at guys like Asante Samuel(4th rd pick), Terrell Thomas(very late 2nd rd pick), Casey Hayward(late 2nd by Pack, i loved this kid! Looks like real deal), Tramon Williams(undrafted by pack), Tarrell Brown(5th rd by 49ers, and a solid starter), Captain Munneryln(former 7th rd pick of Panthers, and giving em great value as a starter from that draft slot)....etc...etc

I could go on and on like this, and these are just a few of the starters from CB positon that were taken mid to late 2nd and down to 7th rd.. Just off the top of my head..

Obviously u could do the same thing with Oline, and any positon, but my point is, u can't think like its easier to fill a certain positon here or there.. If we fill CB in FA'cy, then fine, and if we fill Oline in FA'cy, then fine, but neither is easier to fill, and its gonna take finding guys in FA'cy and in the draft that are value picks, and pickups, and try to get as many positons filled for future as possible.. There is no such thing as easier to fill, in my opinion..

nycsportzfan
12-21-2012, 06:21 AM
Ansah and Van Noy had solid games against SDS last night in Poinsetta bowl.. Van Noy was flat out briliant, and Ansah had a pick, and almost a 2nd pick, and looked very solid most of the night.

Also, Leon McFadden CB San Diego St had a brilliant game, and i think hes gonna be a steal if teams get him in mid to late 3rd-4th rd range.. He was manning up brilliantly and getting his hands on many balls and seemed to have no problem sticking with BYU recievers all night....

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 07:25 AM
Ansah and Van Noy had solid games against SDS last night in Poinsetta bowl.. Van Noy was flat out briliant, and Ansah had a pick, and almost a 2nd pick, and looked very solid most of the night.

Also, Leon McFadden CB San Diego St had a brilliant game, and i think hes gonna be a steal if teams get him in mid to late 3rd-4th rd range.. He was manning up brilliantly and getting his hands on many balls and seemed to have no problem sticking with BYU recievers all night.... Van Noy would be a great guy to have as a blitzer situational pass rusher, He will go higher to a 3-4 team that wants to play him everydown. He would actually fit quite well in Kiwis role. He isnt bad in pass coverage. I do think Van Noy gets a lot of his numbers though because teams focus 2 guys on Ansah, He is always single blocked

Redeyejedi
12-21-2012, 07:30 AM
Its never BPA, its always a combination of BPA and need.

I think if there is anyone at any position that is clearly far ahead of other positions they take that player.

If there is a group of players with similar ratings, then take one at the position they feel they need help at the most.

I will say the most valuable position after QB will always be pass rusher. Followed by players who can cover. Then it becomes a mix of skill position/OL
Right now Id go
1.QB
2.Pass Rusher
3.CB- although a really good Free safety might even be more valuable. Barely any of those though. Isnt 1 in this draft

rainierjef
12-21-2012, 12:19 PM
To be fair, almost every positon in the NFL has plenty of guys producing that came from nowhere(easier to pick up as u say).. Look at guys like Asante Samuel(4th rd pick), Terrell Thomas(very late 2nd rd pick), Casey Hayward(late 2nd by Pack, i loved this kid! Looks like real deal), Tramon Williams(undrafted by pack), Tarrell Brown(5th rd by 49ers, and a solid starter), Captain Munneryln(former 7th rd pick of Panthers, and giving em great value as a starter from that draft slot)....etc...etc

I could go on and on like this, and these are just a few of the starters from CB positon that were taken mid to late 2nd and down to 7th rd.. Just off the top of my head..

Obviously u could do the same thing with Oline, and any positon, but my point is, u can't think like its easier to fill a certain positon here or there.. If we fill CB in FA'cy, then fine, and if we fill Oline in FA'cy, then fine, but neither is easier to fill, and its gonna take finding guys in FA'cy and in the draft that are value picks, and pickups, and try to get as many positons filled for future as possible.. There is no such thing as easier to fill, in my opinion..

I think what i was trying to say is OL in FA you can get some veteran guys that can come in and be smart enough to learn the offense faster and contribute faster i.e Locklear. As opposed to CB, teams will lock up good CB's before they can even allow them to hit FA, unless the money is just too much to retain that player i.e Nnamdi; kind of how Redeye said the top three valuable positions QB/Pass rusher/CB.

I think this is the first Draft upcoming year where I've noticed we have so many holes due to age, injury and declining performance. I don't know how we are going to fill them. The draft might not be enough and the cap hits we have next year even with cutting guys might cripple the decisions we should or should make.

I am curious of what do you guys think of Will Sutton on our defensive line?

Imgrate
12-21-2012, 07:35 PM
My boys playing tonight (ucf). Let me know what ya think

nycsportzfan
12-22-2012, 06:39 AM
I think what i was trying to say is OL in FA you can get some veteran guys that can come in and be smart enough to learn the offense faster and contribute faster i.e Locklear. As opposed to CB, teams will lock up good CB's before they can even allow them to hit FA, unless the money is just too much to retain that player i.e Nnamdi; kind of how Redeye said the top three valuable positions QB/Pass rusher/CB.

I think this is the first Draft upcoming year where I've noticed we have so many holes due to age, injury and declining performance. I don't know how we are going to fill them. The draft might not be enough and the cap hits we have next year even with cutting guys might cripple the decisions we should or should make.

I am curious of what do you guys think of Will Sutton on our defensive line? Ya, locklear has been solid , but the giants offensive line as a whole has been bad this yr.. Also, we were last in Rushing last yr, as well.. We need to sure up that Oline with legit talented players..

You can find CB's that can help via 2nd-5th rd, just as easy as any positon, becuase theres a ton of talented CB's.. Altterun Verner was a 5th rd pick, and is a FA after this yr, and would be a great pickup for us as well..

Redeyejedi
12-22-2012, 12:01 PM
Ya, locklear has been solid , but the giants offensive line as a whole has been bad this yr.. Also, we were last in Rushing last yr, as well.. We need to sure up that Oline with legit talented players..

You can find CB's that can help via 2nd-5th rd, just as easy as any positon, becuase theres a ton of talented CB's.. Altterun Verner was a 5th rd pick, and is a FA after this yr, and would be a great pickup for us as well..U just have to know who to draft. Many loved Casey Hayward i know I and Sportzfan did and went late 2nd round. I would of rather had him then David Wilson. Honestly they may of been able to get both if Reese would explore trades more. 1 thing that really bothers me about him.I felt he reached twice in that draft. He is making luxury picks while the foundation of the team is crumbling. David Wilson, a split time back isnt really good value for a 1st round pick. Then he reached on the TE Robinson , Is he on the Team? The last 2 drafts have not been good and its why this team is in trouble. U expect Austin to be a starter next season but he is a bust. Jernigan a bust. Prince and Jwill are the only 2 quality players from that draft. U need to get 2 quality starters from each draft to field a solid team.Not only that but they are getting nothing from number of these picks not even rotational worthy guys

nycsportzfan
12-22-2012, 05:18 PM
U just have to know who to draft. Many loved Casey Hayward i know I and Sportzfan did and went late 2nd round. I would of rather had him then David Wilson. Honestly they may of been able to get both if Reese would explore trades more. 1 thing that really bothers me about him.I felt he reached twice in that draft. He is making luxury picks while the foundation of the team is crumbling. David Wilson, a split time back isnt really good value for a 1st round pick. Then he reached on the TE Robinson , Is he on the Team? The last 2 drafts have not been good and its why this team is in trouble. U expect Austin to be a starter next season but he is a bust. Jernigan a bust. Prince and Jwill are the only 2 quality players from that draft. U need to get 2 quality starters from each draft to field a solid team.Not only that but they are getting nothing from number of these picks not even rotational worthy guys The only real problem i have with Reese is Last yrs draft.. As u said, i just didn't like the value of alot of the early rd pciks.. I also didn't like the Randle pick, as he just seemed like another guy to me, and not a WR that is a threat to tear it up wk after wk like Nicks nad Cruz are, and thats what i want outta my 2nd rd pick.. The adrien robinson and david wilson picks were the worst, value wise in my opinon.. They really bothered me the most.. I like Hosley, but more so because of the value, and the fact i felt at least we got Hosley in a spot where i thought he should be going, and not a guy i thought we kinda reached for(even though we didn't reach for randle, but i personally felt Randle was 4th rd talent)..

I actually feel like Jerrnigan and Austin were good picks, value wise, and potential wise, but they just didn't work out. I know sometimes u can make good picks and they simply don't work out, as its that hard a bussniess to perdict, as these guys are so close talent wise.. Still though, there not producing, adn that is what GM's get judged by, so i here ur point... I still liked the picks though...

But ya, the bottom line is, we gotta have a good Reese draft this yr.. Like a 2007 type good.. And i'd like to hit on another UDF or 2 as well.. Remember when i say "HIT", i mean helpful part to the team type, and if ends up more then that, fine...

As for Casey Hayward, i agree(as u know), that i'd rather have him then David Wilson.. U probably remember i had Hayward as a surprise 1st rd pick(guy i thought could surprise as 1st rd pick), and had em as my 2nd RANKED CB in personal rankings.. I raved about him almost as much as Doug Martin..lol I feel the same way about Jordan Poyer, i did about Hayward.. Strong, athletic, smart, ball skills...etc

Anyways, real good post redeye..

nycsportzfan
12-22-2012, 05:20 PM
Man, whos this Jamar Taylor CB Boise St kid? 5ft 11in 196lb SR, who has 4picks 11pass defended, 2.5 sacks!!! Dude made a couple sweet plays against the Run in BOWL GAME against WASHINGTON, and Herby and Musberger were raving about his Ball Skills and how a guy with his ball skills can come up and support the run like he does..etc They really liked em alot..

I never heard of em, and see he is a SR.. Why haven't we heard more about him? Jeez, he seems really good!

nycsportzfan
12-22-2012, 05:40 PM
I am stuck on DE for now, but if we are 2 go anything other then DE, then my absoulute dream mock(meaning a chance to actually happen, but barley a chance, teetering on line of realistic and not realistic), would be this...

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- I just really think this kid would help David Wilson and rest of RB's alot, and he pass protects as well.. Hes a freaking beast!! Not to often, a dream mock would have a G at top of it..lol REmember this is dream mock if we don't go DE...

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- If u told me Casey Hayward was gonna last as long as he did, i'd of thought u nuts as well..lol If poyers there, i would love to add em.. Hes very athletic, having been baseball player for Org St as well, and hes got ball skills, size and speed..etc Hes freaking awesome!

3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St- If were picking 20th-last in 1st rd, i love the value of a Brandon Jenkins... He obviously has the injury to come back from, but has enough size and speed to be a great comp opposite JPP.. I think he could play either 34 or 43...

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Again, dream mock if we don't go DE in RD 1, and Hill isn't totally out of question to be there this late, all though highly unlikely.. Jenkins and Hill would give us 2 g uys who can get to the QB , which bottom line, we need.. Hill fits almost perfectly next to Linval, giving us a great mix of strengths...

5. Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- A sleeper of mine, this guy would fit well with us.. Hes got expierence at S, but outgrew the positon, so obviously has some background in coverege and has great size, comes from good defensive team , and would be able to be on field in all 3 downs.. I think hes got alot of potential as a pro...The bigger and stronger hes got, hes been able to maintain his speed.. This kid could rise by draft time..

6. Vance McDonald TE Rice- Keep a eye on this kid come draft time.. A big strong TE 6ft 6in 260lbs who is a heck of a reciever as well.. Serious sleeper alert!

7. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Redeye put me on 2 em, and i fell in love.. i think he and David Wilson could make for heck of a duo going forward, and possibly trio if Andre Brown comes back..

juice33s
12-23-2012, 12:27 PM
I am stuck on DE for now, but if we are 2 go anything other then DE, then my absoulute dream mock(meaning a chance to actually happen, but barley a chance, teetering on line of realistic and not realistic), would be this...

1. Chance Warmack G Alabama- I just really think this kid would help David Wilson and rest of RB's alot, and he pass protects as well.. Hes a freaking beast!! Not to often, a dream mock would have a G at top of it..lol REmember this is dream mock if we don't go DE...

2. Jordan Poyer CB Oregon St- If u told me Casey Hayward was gonna last as long as he did, i'd of thought u nuts as well..lol If poyers there, i would love to add em.. Hes very athletic, having been baseball player for Org St as well, and hes got ball skills, size and speed..etc Hes freaking awesome!

3. Brandon Jenkins DE Florida St- If were picking 20th-last in 1st rd, i love the value of a Brandon Jenkins... He obviously has the injury to come back from, but has enough size and speed to be a great comp opposite JPP.. I think he could play either 34 or 43...

4. Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Again, dream mock if we don't go DE in RD 1, and Hill isn't totally out of question to be there this late, all though highly unlikely.. Jenkins and Hill would give us 2 g uys who can get to the QB , which bottom line, we need.. Hill fits almost perfectly next to Linval, giving us a great mix of strengths...

5. Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- A sleeper of mine, this guy would fit well with us.. Hes got expierence at S, but outgrew the positon, so obviously has some background in coverege and has great size, comes from good defensive team , and would be able to be on field in all 3 downs.. I think hes got alot of potential as a pro...The bigger and stronger hes got, hes been able to maintain his speed.. This kid could rise by draft time..

6. Vance McDonald TE Rice- Keep a eye on this kid come draft time.. A big strong TE 6ft 6in 260lbs who is a heck of a reciever as well.. Serious sleeper alert!

7. Miguel Maysonet RB Slippery Rock- Redeye put me on 2 em, and i fell in love.. i think he and David Wilson could make for heck of a duo going forward, and possibly trio if Andre Brown comes back..
Here's a recent scouting report on Mcdnoald that I found on ESPN:
"McDonald missed two games with an undisclosed injury in 2009, two with a shoulder injury in 2010 and three with a foot injury this season, so durability is an issue. He doesn't appear to have great top-end speed or burst but has the frame (6-5, 255) to develop into an every-down tight end.
He is an effective positional blocker who can cover up linebackers at the second level, and there's a lot to like about McDonald's ability to work the middle of the field. He has an above-average feel for coverage and does a nice job uncovering when zone defenses try to collapse on him.

He handles contact well, has reliable hands and is tough to bring down after the catch. The Senior Bowl should provide him with an opportunity to move past Otten on our board."

juice33s
12-23-2012, 12:30 PM
A few more recent reports froms ESPN's scout's inc Steve Muench on some guys we've discussed:
JONTHAN BANKS
Banks has an above-average blend of length (6-foot-2⅛, 185 pounds), ball skills and instincts. There is some concern about his ability to stay with quicker receivers into and out of breaks, but he has enough foot speed to match up with bigger receivers and is big enough to line up at safety, which he has done at times with the Bulldogs.
He is the No. 2 corner on our board and this year's Thorpe Award winner, which is given annually to the best defensive back in college football. He didn't play like it against Ole Miss in the season finale, though. Banks lost a battle for a 50-50 ball downfield, resulting in a 42-yard gain, and he was beaten over the top for a touchdown after biting on play-action on the Rebels' opening drive of the game.

Banks is willing and active in run support and plays a physical style in coverage, but he will have to assure scouts of his movement skills in order to lock down a spot in the first round.

PHILLIP THOMAS:
Thomas missed the entire 2011 season after breaking his leg and dislocating an ankle during the preseason, and those injuries played a role in him not receiving a full evaluation heading into this season. However, look for his grade to jump once we get a chance to fully break down his 2012 film.

He leads the nation with eight interceptions -- three of which he turned into touchdowns -- and while critics will point out that three picks in the Colorado game inflated that number, he is still a ball hawk with above-average hands, instincts and range for a safety prospect.

Thomas can do a better job of wrapping up as a tackler at times, but he fills hard in run support and has good size at 6-0 and 208 pounds. Finally, he shows good closing speed and the ability to deliver the big hit when he blitzes.

He could be headed for a mid-round grade before all is said and done.

rainierjef
12-23-2012, 12:37 PM

Why did you move away from Michael Williams TE bama ?
Also I doubt poyer leaves the top 10 of the second round, if not late first depending on what he does at the combine.

Redeyejedi
12-23-2012, 06:26 PM

I hope the Giants get Ansah or Warmack those are the 2 guys I want more then the others

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 03:04 PM
Why did you move away from Michael Williams TE bama ?
Also I doubt poyer leaves the top 10 of the second round, if not late first depending on what he does at the combine. ya but did u read the whole post? Its a "DREAM MOCK" if we don't go DE in the 1st rd..lol Another words, i pretty much agree with u about poyer, but wierder things have happened and in a dream situation, he'll be there 16picks in to rd 2.. Don't forget, the Saints and Browns don't have 2nd rd picks, and were picking 19th in RD 1 as of now, so with no picks for saints and browns in rd 2, we actually are picking 16th in RD 2... So, were only talking 6players from where u said "u don't see poyer going later then 10picks into rd 2".. U know as well as i, anything can happen when ur talking about the draft, let alone a 6pick window..lol

Shoot, i think Poyer should be gone in RD 1.. Thats the kinda player i think he is.. Some NFL teams are stupid though and made ridiculous picks and guys drop becuase of it..

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 05:31 PM
Man, i don't know what this team can do to make themselves better next yr, but they need to start by getting rid of teh Old Guard and building around Joseph, JPP, Prince, ELI, Beatty, and Jaquain Williams, and maybe a couple others to start.. I mean a complete over haul...

This mock , i'm not even taking a DE, and i'm gonna hope we can find a DE in FA'cy that can at least help out and maybe be a surprise, becuase i think Alec Ogletree is the player that would make the biggest impact via draft for this defense.. he helps every aspect of teh defense, and i know JPP would love em, for his physical style of play and intimidator attitude.. U put JPP on the DLINE with this guy on the LB core and Prince at CB, and at least u got a player in each area of the defense that can flat out play and build with.. So without futher adu, heres this WK's mock...

1). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- a stud of studs, who has grown on me to the point, i see pat willis, rey lewis , type potential.. Hes 6ft 3in 236 lbs, has room to add to his Weight, and is so athletic, i doubt it effects his speed or pursuit skills.. This could be our shot to have a true stud LB in the middle yet again, a leader, a play maker, a run stopper, the whole shabang.. this guy reminds me of a play making missle..

2). Dallas Thomas T/G Tennesee- I think Barrett Jones will be gone, but am more then happy getting this verstaile stud..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I love em as a S prospect, as hes a playmaker with solid size and speed, and very solid all around game.. Hes one of those guys i could easily see teams wondering why they let em last as long as he did on draft day.. Ogletree and Rambo make for a nice playmaking duo , and turnover creating machine for the giants D going forward..

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Keep loading up on players that can make plays and change games.. Hill just seems like the perfect additon next to Linval Joseph going forward in my opinion..

5). Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- Another SEC player, who is versatile, has spent time at S and LB, and has great size/speed combonation, and would be a beast on ST's.. Holloman is very underrated and i think would make this defense better when hes on the field..

6). Vance McDonald TE Rice- spoke about em before, hes a underrated pass catcher who has size to become elite blocker and all around TE on NFL level..

7). Wes Horton DE USC- If on the board this late, not a bad upside pick.. Could be come a solid rotational DE, with chance for more.. Has the length to possibly add more weight as well..

Imgrate
12-24-2012, 05:39 PM
I will never agree that taking a linebacker in the first round is the way to go. We need more young talent at important positions. Mlbs in a 4-3 do not win games. If we didnt take david wilson last year then i would be closer to liking that pick of a mlb

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 05:53 PM
I will never agree that taking a linebacker in the first round is the way to go. We need more young talent at important positions. Mlbs in a 4-3 do not win games. If we didnt take david wilson last year then i would be closer to liking that pick of a mlb I love it.. We need diffrence makers, and if u watch guys like Ogletree and Rambo play, they make a diffrence.. They don't disspaear for stretches of games , and there almost always involved in plays.. U can blitz with ogletree, he can stop the run, and really fill a gap, and hes not a liability in pass coverege..

U look at Chase Blackburn and how pathetic he looked alot of the time this yr, and yet his stats tell a diffrent story.. Could u imagine a actual stud at MLB for us? Ogletree is the type of guy that would have 5sacks, 3ints, 100plus tackle, forced fumbles..etc He lead the team in Tackles and missed 4games! Thats amazing.. There is no way to fix whats wrong with this team in one yr.. Theres simply not.. U mines well get the best players u can, and Ogletree is one of the best player around ... If he had played the first 4games, his numbers would of been ridiculous!! Guys like Linval eat up the blocks, and Ogletree blasts the ball carrier... I'm telling u, this guy will make every aspect of our team better on Defense...

Imgrate
12-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I love it.. We need diffrence makers, and if u watch guys like Ogletree and Rambo play, they make a diffrence.. They don't disspaear for stretches of games , and there almost always involved in plays.. U can blitz with ogletree, he can stop the run, and really fill a gap, and hes not a liability in pass coverege.. U look at Chase Blackburn and how pathetic he looked alot of the time this yr, and yet his stats tell a diffrent story.. Could u imagine a actual stud at MLB for us? Ogletree is the type of guy that would have 5sacks, 3ints, 100plus tackle, forced fumbles..etc He lead the team in Tackles and missed 4games! Thats amazing.. There is no way to fix whats wrong with this team in one yr.. Theres simply not.. U mines well get the best players u can, and Ogletree is one of the best player around ... If he had played the first 4games, his numbers would of been ridiculous!! Guys like Linval eat up the blocks, and Ogletree blasts the ball carrier... I'm telling u, this guy will make every aspect of our team better on Defense...Niners sucked until they got cover guys and pass rushers. I don't care who our mlb is.

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Niners sucked until they got cover guys and pass rushers. I don't care who our mlb is. THey got a better overall team in general, and have drafted really well overall.. Thats the reason there good now.. There offense has improved, and they drafted olineman who anchor that really good offensive line, and done a excellent job taking the LB core seriously, and drafting Willis, Bowman, and Ahmad Brooks .. Obviously, Aldon Smith is a big diffrence as well... Overall, they've got better in many places..

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 07:43 PM
By the way, i'm not trying to change ur mind.. Ur entitled to ur opinion and to think MLB isn't that important, but in this case, i believe it is.. I believe this time next yr, u add Baccari Rambo and Alec Ogletree, it'll show up in results and on field play for our D.. Linval, JPP, Rambo, Ogletree, Amukumura, St.Brown, and Jaq Williams are a solid nucleus of players i think could really make a diffrence for next season..

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 07:44 PM
I will never agree that taking a linebacker in the first round is the way to go. We need more young talent at important positions. Mlbs in a 4-3 do not win games. If we didnt take david wilson last year then i would be closer to liking that pick of a mlb Also, i was wondering what u thought of rest of draft? What if i put Ansah or Okafor in RD 1 spot, and left rest the same, would that make the diffrence for you? I'll keep Wes Horton at the end as well..

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 07:52 PM
I get this wierd feeling were gonna draft Tyler Eifert this yr..lol I don't know why, i just got that feeling about it??lol I mean, i am starting to not feel that way becuase were going up further and further up the draft, but i'm still kinda hanging on to that feeling that Eifert wiill be a giant. Theres no denying it would be a sensational fit in my opinion, but as of now, i feel it should be on backburner just alittle bit with other needs, but i still can't shake the feeling eifert will be in blue next yr.

juice33s
12-24-2012, 09:04 PM
Margus Hunt looking like he's on his way to another monster bowl game and his draft stock is officially on the rise

GOBLUE24
12-24-2012, 11:18 PM
Man, i don't know what this team can do to make themselves better next yr, but they need to start by getting rid of teh Old Guard and building around Joseph, JPP, Prince, ELI, Beatty, and Jaquain Williams, and maybe a couple others to start.. I mean a complete over haul...

This mock , i'm not even taking a DE, and i'm gonna hope we can find a DE in FA'cy that can at least help out and maybe be a surprise, becuase i think Alec Ogletree is the player that would make the biggest impact via draft for this defense.. he helps every aspect of teh defense, and i know JPP would love em, for his physical style of play and intimidator attitude.. U put JPP on the DLINE with this guy on the LB core and Prince at CB, and at least u got a player in each area of the defense that can flat out play and build with.. So without futher adu, heres this WK's mock...

1). Alec Ogletree ILB Georgia- a stud of studs, who has grown on me to the point, i see pat willis, rey lewis , type potential.. Hes 6ft 3in 236 lbs, has room to add to his Weight, and is so athletic, i doubt it effects his speed or pursuit skills.. This could be our shot to have a true stud LB in the middle yet again, a leader, a play maker, a run stopper, the whole shabang.. this guy reminds me of a play making missle..

2). Dallas Thomas T/G Tennesee- I think Barrett Jones will be gone, but am more then happy getting this verstaile stud..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I love em as a S prospect, as hes a playmaker with solid size and speed, and very solid all around game.. Hes one of those guys i could easily see teams wondering why they let em last as long as he did on draft day.. Ogletree and Rambo make for a nice playmaking duo , and turnover creating machine for the giants D going forward..

4). Jordan Hill DT Penn St- Keep loading up on players that can make plays and change games.. Hill just seems like the perfect additon next to Linval Joseph going forward in my opinion..

5). Devonte Holloman LB S.Carolina- Another SEC player, who is versatile, has spent time at S and LB, and has great size/speed combonation, and would be a beast on ST's.. Holloman is very underrated and i think would make this defense better when hes on the field..

6). Vance McDonald TE Rice- spoke about em before, hes a underrated pass catcher who has size to become elite blocker and all around TE on NFL level..

7). Wes Horton DE USC- If on the board this late, not a bad upside pick.. Could be come a solid rotational DE, with chance for more.. Has the length to possibly add more weight as well..

I had similar mock
ogeltree/fluker/rambo/hill/malone

nycsportzfan
12-24-2012, 11:39 PM
I had similar mock
ogeltree/fluker/rambo/hill/malone Ya, u got a solid mock as well.. My mock changes a bit weekly as i get my take on the giants weekly. I haven't always felt so strongly about Ogletree and the giants taking a MLB in the 1st, but i've changed my mind, because i believe the giants need game changers on defense, and i think Ogletree is one of the biggest future game changers in this draft.. I really liked Sean Weatherspoon as a prospect, and would of been fine with us taking him and hes ended up being a very good pick by ATLANTA, and key contributor in there defene becoming a solid unit..

Ramb, Ogletree, and Hill would make alot of plays on this defense, and have to be accounted for, and u add in JPP , Linval, and Prince, and thats a solid nucleus of guys right there...

Also, we got so many issues , that just getting the most talented players might be the way to go, without totally going with a non need, and i think Alec Ogletree might be the best player available in our range.. I think as the draft approaches Ogletree will gain steam as a prospect as well.. Rambo also...

Rat_bastich
12-25-2012, 05:59 AM
Ya, u got a solid mock as well.. My mock changes a bit weekly as i get my take on the giants weekly. I haven't always felt so strongly about Ogletree and the giants taking a MLB in the 1st, but i've changed my mind, because i believe the giants need game changers on defense, and i think Ogletree is one of the biggest future game changers in this draft.. I really liked Sean Weatherspoon as a prospect, and would of been fine with us taking him and hes ended up being a very good pick by ATLANTA, and key contributor in there defene becoming a solid unit..

Ramb, Ogletree, and Hill would make alot of plays on this defense, and have to be accounted for, and u add in JPP , Linval, and Prince, and thats a solid nucleus of guys right there...

Also, we got so many issues , that just getting the most talented players might be the way to go, without totally going with a non need, and i think Alec Ogletree might be the best player available in our range.. I think as the draft approaches Ogletree will gain steam as a prospect as well.. Rambo also...

With Ogletree you have a guy that started out playing safety so he is definitely more athletic than your run of the mill ILB. I'm just wondering where Reese's head is going to be in this draft. I understand going pass rusher but our linebacking corps has been a weakness for far too long. We need someone to plug the middle because we have been getting killed there for awhile.

I also think that after watching Eli get beat up on this last stretch might have Reese jumping for an offensive lineman, especially after they invested in David Wilson. It would be strange to see one taken in the first round, but who knows, even though a solid offensive lineman would be there in round 2 or even 3.

As you said there are so many problems right now it is hard to say. Hopefully Reese gets a handle on free agency fast and that way there is a clearer picture in which direction they go.

nycsportzfan
12-25-2012, 07:55 AM
With Ogletree you have a guy that started out playing safety so he is definitely more athletic than your run of the mill ILB. I'm just wondering where Reese's head is going to be in this draft. I understand going pass rusher but our linebacking corps has been a weakness for far too long. We need someone to plug the middle because we have been getting killed there for awhile.

I also think that after watching Eli get beat up on this last stretch might have Reese jumping for an offensive lineman, especially after they invested in David Wilson. It would be strange to see one taken in the first round, but who knows, even though a solid offensive lineman would be there in round 2 or even 3.

As you said there are so many problems right now it is hard to say. Hopefully Reese gets a handle on free agency fast and that way there is a clearer picture in which direction they go.ya, Oline is certainly a possiblity, and i'd be fine with Eric Fisher OT C.Michigan, Chance Warmack G Bama, or Taylor Lewan OT Michigan in RD 1, but for now, i'm going with Ogletree.. As u said, our LB's haven been a weakness for a few yrs, and the one thing the giants have had through most yrs i've been a fan(since 1990), is at least one stud LB if not more... Weather its LT, Banks, and Pepper, or Jesse Armstead, or Michael Barrow, or Antonio Pierce, they've always had a stud... Now, we got the Invisible man in Kiwi, and Boley, whos solid if not unspectacular, and Blackburn who needs to be upgraded in my opinon..

Ogletree would have a chance to be the best LB we've had outside of LT ever, i think.. I'm that high on him as a player... Like u said, the fact he actually played some S shows his all around ability as he can cover as well as fill the gaps on run downs, and most importantly, make plays..

What i mean by we got so many needs mines as well take the most talented player that at least is at a positon of some need, is that we aren't fixing all of our issues in one draft, and issues change so qucikly, that taking a DE isn't nessecarily the best move we could make.. Sure, Ansah and Okafor are guys i like and would love to have, but a guy like Ogletree is a guy who i think can do so many diffrent things for u, and its hard to find super impactful MLB's in a 43 defense, that hes worth the risk.. For all we know, at this time next yr, if nothing changed, LB could be our biggest need..

Ogletree is gonna to be a stud player, i can feel it! Jaquain Williams at WLB, Ogletree at MLB, and Kiwi or even Chase Blackburn at SLB is a solid starting trio in my opinon going forward, and a unit that will make many plays and can do many things on a football field...

Redeyejedi
12-25-2012, 11:48 AM
Margus Hunt looking like he's on his way to another monster bowl game and his draft stock is officially on the riseI dont get why he only plays like this is in Bowl games. The physical talent is clearly there

Imgrate
12-25-2012, 06:23 PM
Also, i was wondering what u thought of rest of draft? What if i put Ansah or Okafor in RD 1 spot, and left rest the same, would that make the diffrence for you? I'll keep Wes Horton at the end as well..Yea I just feel like we have to come out of this draft with a top flight pass rusher. When it comes to rambo thst will depend on what happens with kp rolle.. not sure that ol can be solved via fa, so the thomas pick is good. I just don't care for a mlb in the first just like i never want a 1st round rb and safety might be an afterthought if we retain rolle kp hill brown. That's enough solid players for that unit

nycsportzfan
12-26-2012, 06:07 AM
Yea I just feel like we have to come out of this draft with a top flight pass rusher. When it comes to rambo thst will depend on what happens with kp rolle.. not sure that ol can be solved via fa, so the thomas pick is good. I just don't care for a mlb in the first just like i never want a 1st round rb and safety might be an afterthought if we retain rolle kp hill brown. That's enough solid players for that unit I doubt were keeping KP and Rolle.. TO have that much money invested in 2 guys who aren't game changers is silly.. They've done nothing to help against the pass this yr... I don't really see the S unit as solid at all to be honest.. What does Will Hill and KP and Rolle do that is so solid? Stevie Brown has made plays, and i'd bring him back for sure, but the other 3 have done nothing to be called solid...

Imgrate
12-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I doubt were keeping KP and Rolle.. TO have that much money invested in 2 guys who aren't game changers is silly.. They've done nothing to help against the pass this yr... I don't really see the S unit as solid at all to be honest.. What does Will Hill and KP and Rolle do that is so solid? Stevie Brown has made plays, and i'd bring him back for sure, but the other 3 have done nothing to be called solid...Kp doesnt give up the big play which forces opposing offenses to have long drive down the field which provides more chances for other guys on the defense to create turnovers.

slipknottin
12-26-2012, 10:28 AM
I doubt were keeping KP and Rolle.. TO have that much money invested in 2 guys who aren't game changers is silly.. They've done nothing to help against the pass this yr... I don't really see the S unit as solid at all to be honest.. What does Will Hill and KP and Rolle do that is so solid? Stevie Brown has made plays, and i'd bring him back for sure, but the other 3 have done nothing to be called solid...

Well Stevie Brown has a handful of tipped balls go right to him. I believe he's created 3 interceptions with reading and undercutting routes. Which is decent. But id just hesitate before saying his kind of production is repeatable.

I do think the best trio would be Brown, KP, and Hill.

Rolle gets paid far too much to keep. Could resign the other three for less than Rolle makes on his own

Buddy333
12-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Can they cut Rolle though? Wouldn't that hurt them against the cap?

nycsportzfan
12-26-2012, 09:54 PM
This Jack Doyle TE W.Kentucky kid can play.. I mentioned em awhile back and the kids got great hands.. Made a sweet TD grab and another nice grab with 3defenders right on em and making contact right when ball met his hands..

Redeyejedi
12-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Well Stevie Brown has a handful of tipped balls go right to him. I believe he's created 3 interceptions with reading and undercutting routes. Which is decent. But id just hesitate before saying his kind of production is repeatable.

I do think the best trio would be Brown, KP, and Hill.

Rolle gets paid far too much to keep. Could resign the other three for less than Rolle makes on his own I think Will Hill could be just as productive or even better then Rolle. I think not having Phillips really hurt the Giants Defense this season. He is the only 1 of those 4 I trust playing deep

Redeyejedi
12-27-2012, 03:17 PM
This Jack Doyle TE W.Kentucky kid can play.. I mentioned em awhile back and the kids got great hands.. Made a sweet TD grab and another nice grab with 3defenders right on em and making contact right when ball met his hands.. San jose State has a real good TE RYan Otten . That and who I think he was of the best QB's in CFB

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I think Will Hill could be just as productive or even better then Rolle. I think not having Phillips really hurt the Giants Defense this season. He is the only 1 of those 4 I trust playing deep and thats pretty sad, becuase KP isnt even that good playing the pass and usually we get shredded when hes in there as well.. I woulden't give KP a dime... Injury Prone Safteys who don't make plays aren't exactly my cup of tea..lol Hes never really been a diffrence maker....

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 05:28 PM
San jose State has a real good TE RYan Otten . That and who I think he was of the best QB's in CFB Ya, Otten is really good..

The QB for Bowling Green is terrible.. Matt Schilz is his name.. My lord!lol David Fales is alot of fun to watch

slipknottin
12-27-2012, 06:27 PM
and thats pretty sad, becuase KP isnt even that good playing the pass

Completely disagree, the giants do not give up big plays with KP in the game. He breaks down and makes tackles in the open field, and takes away everything deep.

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Completely disagree, the giants do not give up big plays with KP in the game. He breaks down and makes tackles in the open field, and takes away everything deep. welp, we'll agree to disagree.. I don't see it at all..

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 07:24 PM
Cincys Pass D reminds me of ours.. THey play ridiculously far off of WR's and the cushion is so ridiculous its so easy to get solid gains ..

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 10:18 PM
Does Anyone Remember who i had the bet with about WHitney Mercilus and Nick Perry Sack total? I had Mercilus to have more sacks then perry and vice versa for the other guy, and i am gonna win, even though i knew it 100pct that mercilus was gonna be a beast... Hes forced 2ffs and has 6sacks and has been a force since getting regular snaps as season progressed...

I think it was Juice, but i could be wrong? I gotta pick the dudes avatar and i'd like to collect...lol

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 10:40 PM
Newton is a project IMO. Needs some development. He reminds me of michael vick/vince young. He has amazing arm strength but his accuracy isn't his strong point. His mechanics and footwork needs a lot of refinement. Too many times I've seen his receivers have to slow down or adjust to his passes and he's not really a pocket QB. Also (imo) a project's success is determined on the team that drafts him (a good organization with a respectable coaching staff) and that players' intangibles. He does have some red flags because of what his father did.</p>

Newton has tremendous athleticism, arm strength, and size but still pretty raw. He will not start in the NFL immediately. Definitely has amazing upside tho</p> Hes completing almost 70pct of his pass's... Thats pretty darn accurate..
Yeah for the things they ask him to do he is magnificent. My only thing is they dont ask him to do NFL types of reads and his receivers dont run NFL routes. Thats not his fault Im just saying yes, u have made that point quite clear...lol It dosen't change the fact hes hitting his recievers on the move, with guys coming on him, ala the kentucky td pass that was amazing as a Defender litteraly was just about on him and he threw it while scrambling right on the money.. What QB can make that throw? seriously? And speaking of timing patterns, how about his TD pass in the Clemson game, where he freaking gunned it as hard as i seen a QB gun a pass for a 6yrd td pass to the just inside right hashmark, to the point the REF said the WR was out of bounds(a corner was litteraly on his back by the way) and replay clearly showed the feet in... It was just a shot gun get the ball and a second later gun it to where the WR is supposed to be... I mean, the guys made every play, maybe not as much as some would like, but theres evidence of every type of play and throw made from this kid.. The TD pass against KU and Ole Miss are flat out, ******edly sickening good, and i don't know if any player in this Country can make the same throws... I believe in, if your a Good PLayer, your gonna be good, as its just in your blood and your destiny to be good... Cam Newtons just a good player, who can make all the throws, can improvise, and has extremely awesome measurables and speed, and is 100times more accurate at his age then Mike Vick was at the same time, plus he has the advantage of seeing over most defenders, as mike vick can't do that... Dudes stupid accurate, and i've been writing about this kid since like the 2nd wk of the season and had money on just about every game hes played in, so i've seen just about every play from him, and wk by wk, i just kept wanting to see one more thing, to make me a total believer and every wk i was left satisfied and seeing that one more thing... I am 100pct completely satisfied and i would draft him in a Heart beat if i was a GM looking for a QB.. I'd take him over every QB except Luck... I was looking for the guy i had the BET with about Mercilus/Perry(most sacks for yr, i got mercilus), and i found this debate about CAM NEWTON we had back in early DEC of 2010, and i am shocked at the draft gurus on here who debated with me about NEWTON starting right awy and being able to do everything needed as a NFL QB to succeed.. Newton's been brilliant obviously, and can really throw it, and run it.. I think Carolina is happy with there selection and starting him from day 1..

nycsportzfan
12-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Dude, u guys gotta go back and read a couple pages from this thread..lol The older stuff of course.. Some stuff makes my head spin, and some stuff was right on point..etc

Redeyejedi
12-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Completely disagree, the giants do not give up big plays with KP in the game. He breaks down and makes tackles in the open field, and takes away everything deep. That Ray Rice TD in the first half doesnt happen if Phillips was playing

Redeyejedi
12-27-2012, 11:17 PM
Ya, Otten is really good..

The QB for Bowling Green is terrible.. Matt Schilz is his name.. My lord!lol David Fales is alot of fun to watchFales is crazy accurate. His receivers really sucked tonight

myles2424
12-27-2012, 11:41 PM
Does Anyone Remember who i had the bet with about WHitney Mercilus and Nick Perry Sack total? I had Mercilus to have more sacks then perry and vice versa for the other guy, and i am gonna win, even though i knew it 100pct that mercilus was gonna be a beast... Hes forced 2ffs and has 6sacks and has been a force since getting regular snaps as season progressed...

I think it was Juice, but i could be wrong? I gotta pick the dudes avatar and i'd like to collect...lol
How about that Bruce Irvin, I think %99 of the world was amazed With that pick & he looks like the real deal, as a pass rusher anyways...

juice33s
12-28-2012, 03:29 AM

Wasn't me, I never had much of an opinion on Nick Perry. Going in to the draft I thought that Bruce Irvin was the best pass rusher available and Chandelor Jones was the best DE prospect available....

Oh and Sportsfan, if you check page 339 I think you'll find what you're looking for

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 06:43 AM
That Ray Rice TD in the first half doesnt happen if Phillips was playing Kenny Phillips dosen't do anything.. He makes barley any plays, is always hurt, and we certainly give up alot of big plays with him in the game.. U guys are giving him way to much credit.. Hes solid tackler, even though he had the worst missed tackle i've ever seen in my life against brent celek a yr or 2ago(can't remember when?), but hes certainly not been worth the 1st rder we spent on em, and i have no problem saying good bye to the guy..

KP might look a bit better because he hasen't played all that much this yr, when we've had zero pass rush all season long, but in games hes been in, when we weren't getting pressure, he wasen't skilled enough to make a diffrence and we got sliced and diced with him back there.. We need someone who can at least be somewhat impactful on games we don't have a pass rush..

And speaking of KP, he was involved in that TB game, where Vincent Jackson went off, and there were not one but 2 long TD's through the air to sepreate wr's...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:16 AM
HEAVYHITTER has to let me choose a SIG for him and he has to rock it for 6months!!!lol Mercilus has 6sacks and Perry only 2 so far.. Therefore, i am going to win! I gotta get up with him to let em know i haven't forgotten!!!lol

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:17 AM
Wasn't me, I never had much of an opinion on Nick Perry. Going in to the draft I thought that Bruce Irvin was the best pass rusher available and Chandelor Jones was the best DE prospect available....

Oh and Sportsfan, if you check page 339 I think you'll find what you're looking for Thanks juicy! It was Heavyhitter..lol

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 09:40 AM
Kenny Phillips dosen't do anything.. He makes barley any plays, is always hurt, and we certainly give up alot of big plays with him in the game.. U guys are giving him way to much credit.. Hes solid tackler, even though he had the worst missed tackle i've ever seen in my life against brent celek a yr or 2ago(can't remember when?), but hes certainly not been worth the 1st rder we spent on em, and i have no problem saying good bye to the guy..

KP might look a bit better because he hasen't played all that much this yr, when we've had zero pass rush all season long, but in games hes been in, when we weren't getting pressure, he wasen't skilled enough to make a diffrence and we got sliced and diced with him back there.. We need someone who can at least be somewhat impactful on games we don't have a pass rush..

And speaking of KP, he was involved in that TB game, where Vincent Jackson went off, and there were not one but 2 long TD's through the air to sepreate wr's...
Your a stat guy so here is some Stats

Giant Defense with Phillips

Points per game 18.5 Passing yards 235 Total yards per game 362 QB TD 8 INT 7

without Phillips
points per game 25 Passing Yards 281 Total Yards per game 402 QB TD 17 Int 12

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact without interceptions. I see a total different approach from Fewell when Phillips is playing. I dont see how they let him go if they get a friendly deal. I dont think Id give him much guaranteed money but id trade that for a higher dollar amount per year deal. If u could pay him by active game day that would be even better but Id doubt he would sign that

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 10:04 AM

without Phillips

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact with interceptions ya, well tell me how are pass rush was in those so called games..lol I'm sure we got sacks, because there isn't one player on our team who can do squat if were not getting pressure.. And we certainly aren't a coverege sack team, at least not regularly... KP would be getting thrashed back there if he was playing the last few wks, with absoulutley no diffrence in the game.. Not to mention, those are the type of games that make those stats u show, look like they do.. KP is just a guy.. Let em go somewhere else and be a non factor...

Also, when was the last 2games he played, last yr, the yr before? Its hard to keep up with the guy who is out with injurys every other day it seems...
And yes, if ur doing something as a S , stats will show up to a degree.. If ur around the ball, u will have no choice but to run into some picks or something other then tackling WR's 15-20yrds down field or RB's who all ready got chunk yardage... I mean the guy has forced all but 1 fumble in his career, has like 3TFL in his career, and 8picks... Thats ridiculous.. Earl Thomas has tripled KP's TFL in his short career, and forced the same amount of fumbles and recoverd the same amount of fumbles, and has almost as many tackles all ready as well.. And hes the guy whos supposed to be nothing but finesse..

And u wonder why Seattles Defense is trending upwards, and ares has been dreadful for monster chunks of season almost every yr since KP's been here.. Sure, we've picked up consistency at teh right time(postseason), but constantly have to wiggle are way in and have dud games in a row end of the season every yr, where we get picked apart... Kam Chancellor is a better saftey then KP as well..

I'm just saying, the guy dosen't make a diffrence, and guys who are good, tend to make a dent statistaclly.. At least a dent..

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 10:12 AM
ya, well tell me how are pass rush was in those so called games..lol I'm sure we got sacks, because there isn't one player on our team who can do squat if were not getting pressure.. And we certainly aren't a coverege sack team, at least not regularly... KP would be getting thrashed back there if he was playing the last few wks, with absoulutley no diffrence in the game.. Not to mention, those are the type of games that make those stats u show, look like they do.. KP is just a guy.. Let em go somewhere else and be a non factor...

Also, when was the last 2games he played, last yr, the yr before? Its hard to keep up with the guy who is out with injurys every other day it seems...
And yes, if ur doing something as a S , stats will show up to a degree.. If ur around the ball, u will have no choice but to run into some picks or something other then tackling WR's 15-20yrds down field or RB's who all ready got chunk yardage... I mean the guy has forced all but 1 fumble in his career, has like 3TFL in his career, and 8picks... Thats ridiculous.. Earl Thomas has tripled KP's TFL in his short career, and forced the same amount of fumbles and recoverd the same amount of fumbles, and has almost as many tackles all ready as well.. And hes the guy whos supposed to be nothing but finesse..

And u wonder why Seattles Defense is trending upwards, and ares has been dreadful for monster chunks of season almost every yr since KP's been here.. Sure, we've picked up consistency at teh right time(postseason), but constantly have to wiggle are way in and have dud games in a row end of the season every yr, where we get picked apart... Kam Chancellor is a better saftey then KP as well..

I'm just saying, the guy dosen't make a diffrence, and guys who are good, tend to make a dent statistaclly.. At least a dent.. I have no idea what Kam Chancelor and Earl Thomas has to do with the Giants giving up a TD less per game when Phillips plays. A Safety can have an impact on a game without touching the ball or making a tackle if the QB decides to dump it off instead of throwing the ball deep

GOBLUE24
12-28-2012, 10:40 AM
Giants defense seems like a different team with Kenny Phillips. I agree with this but he never stays healthy. Since the cap situation is what is Phillips need to have a friendly deal. Rolle has alot of versatility and health has not been an issue. He has been a team guy before restructuring his contract. Of these two I'm more inclined to sign Rolle than Phillips if it was one or other. Perfect world both be back at friendly deals.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Giants defense seems like a different team with Kenny Phillips. I agree with this but he never stays healthy. Since the cap situation is what is Phillips need to have a friendly deal. Rolle has alot of versatility and health has not been an issue. He has been a team guy before restructuring his contract. Of these two I'm more inclined to sign Rolle than Phillips if it was one or other. Perfect world both be back at friendly deals.The problem I have with Rolle is he freelances way to much. When I see a blown coverage I automatically look for Rolle

tdawg1413
12-28-2012, 01:07 PM
After watching Travis Kelce in the Belk Bowl last night, I feel he is needed. 6'6" 260 lbs, can block and run like that. Sign me up now. Let Bennett go and move on with Robinson and Kelce. Don't care about the inexperience. We need athletes.

tdawg1413
12-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Here is a mock I would go with. I have us picking 18th as I feel we will lose this week:

1. Chance Warmack - G Bama - I don't know why but I feel he will be there when we pick as OG is not a premium position. Warmack will put Boothe on the bench which will help stregthen the line in terms of depth. BPA pick for us.

2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers - Exactly what we need at OLB. A playmaker. Greene has the speed to cover the TE and plays the run well.

3. Ricky Wagner - OT - Wisconsin - Our RT of the future but also probably a starter next year. Great in the run game and pretty good pass blocking. Upgrade over Diehl and Brewer seems like a bust of a pick.

4. Datone Jones - DE - UCLA - He is what the GMen like in a DL. Very versatile. Can play the 4-3 DE and then kick inside on 3rd downs. I liked what I saw in his bowl game even though the UCLA D as a whole was awful.

5. Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati - My most wanted pick for the Giants. Not a household name amongst a good TE class so I have him available here. The combine may change that but he is awesome in the run blocking department and a very good receiver.

6. Bene Benwikere - CB - San Jose State - My guess is he declares and he is a very good player. Playmaker with 7 INTs this year and would be an excellent special teamer.

7. Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida St. - I don't see us resigning Tynes and Hopkins has a big leg. I do not see him not being drafted so we take him here.

juice33s
12-28-2012, 02:00 PM

without Phillips

Last 2 games Phillips played the Giants gave up 10 and 17 points. A guy can have an impact without interceptions. I see a total different approach from Fewell when Phillips is playing. I dont see how they let him go if they get a friendly deal. I dont think Id give him much guaranteed money but id trade that for a higher dollar amount per year deal. If u could pay him by active game day that would be even better but Id doubt he would sign that
Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 03:32 PM
Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful I guess u missed the Packer game when he played and the defense played extremely well. I guess if u want to give him no credit for the defense playing well then yes he isnt worth resigning.

slipknottin
12-28-2012, 04:22 PM
Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful

One dimensional how?

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 04:37 PM
Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactfulI never said anything about over extending to sign him. I just said the team defense is noticeably better when he plays.I would absolutely be careful on how much guaranteed money he gets

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 04:42 PM
I have no idea what Kam Chancelor and Earl Thomas has to do with the Giants giving up a TD less per game when Phillips plays. A Safety can have an impact on a game without touching the ball or making a tackle if the QB decides to dump it off instead of throwing the ball deep U think KP is such a good cover saftey he keeps QB's from going deep??? I don't think KP is as highly thought of as u in the NFL... I surely doubt Qb's even care when hes out there.. Kenny Phillips dosen't exactly bring fear to QB's and the pass game, i surely doubt.. I was bringing up the seahawks, because it just kinda shows u that Safteys who are actually good, tend to make plays from time to time, and not just by as u say, keeping teams from throwing deep, but by forcing a fumble, recovering a fumble, getting some TFL, and making plays against the run..etc

Did u ever see that missed tackle by Kenny Phillips against a TE in Brent Celek? It was downright atrosius... Again, we actually had a pass rush in the GB game for a change, and there is nothing KP would of done to make a diffrence in any of the last few wks.. The scores would of been the exact same..

Wait till we get a real saftey who actually makes plays behind the line on occasion, forces a fumble from time to time, and actually is on the field as well...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 04:51 PM
I guess u missed the Packer game when he played and the defense played extremely well. I guess if u want to give him no credit for the defense playing well then yes he isnt worth resigning. We had like 5sacks that game, didn't we? I'd say that is the reason we beat GB the way we did, and not anything to do with KP..lol

I mean, its rare the defense plays well, and i'm just not buying a guy with a mere 1FF in his 5 YR NFL career, and what 24passes defensed? Hes had more then 5passes defensed one time in his career.. Hes recovered a lousy 3fumbles in his caeer.. I mean, is he ever around the ball? Hes avg'ing less then 2 INTS per season...

Regardless, Safteys need to make plays, all the really good ones do, and i just don't see Kenny Phillips being the exception to the rule.. U never here announcers talking about Kenny PHillips and how dire it is the giants have him back there.. Hes just a guy who will go somewhere else and be a backup saftey..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 04:52 PM
Here is a mock I would go with. I have us picking 18th as I feel we will lose this week:

1. Chance Warmack - G Bama - I don't know why but I feel he will be there when we pick as OG is not a premium position. Warmack will put Boothe on the bench which will help stregthen the line in terms of depth. BPA pick for us.

2. Khaseem Greene - OLB - Rutgers - Exactly what we need at OLB. A playmaker. Greene has the speed to cover the TE and plays the run well.

3. Ricky Wagner - OT - Wisconsin - Our RT of the future but also probably a starter next year. Great in the run game and pretty good pass blocking. Upgrade over Diehl and Brewer seems like a bust of a pick.

4. Datone Jones - DE - UCLA - He is what the GMen like in a DL. Very versatile. Can play the 4-3 DE and then kick inside on 3rd downs. I liked what I saw in his bowl game even though the UCLA D as a whole was awful.

5. Travis Kelce - TE - Cincinnati - My most wanted pick for the Giants. Not a household name amongst a good TE class so I have him available here. The combine may change that but he is awesome in the run blocking department and a very good receiver.

6. Bene Benwikere - CB - San Jose State - My guess is he declares and he is a very good player. Playmaker with 7 INTs this year and would be an excellent special teamer.

7. Dustin Hopkins - K - Florida St. - I don't see us resigning Tynes and Hopkins has a big leg. I do not see him not being drafted so we take him here. Good mock...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Those stats mean absolutely nothing, he's only played in 4 games this season with 3 of which were in september when the giants always play well....I'm with Sportsfan and would not over extend myself to resign him...He's injury plagued, one dimensional and for the most part non impactful Thats what i see as well.. Either way, to each his own.. I like players that some dont' as well..

Hey Juicy, who u want us to draft in first 3rds?

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 05:40 PM
Khaseeme Greene is freaking awesome!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 05:55 PM
Logan Thomas is hard to stomach.. What happened to this guy? wow! It must eat at him every night , as far as how many millions hes lost this yr..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 06:06 PM
Seriously, is Logan Thomas half moron? Albeit, that Oline is terrible, but still, somethings wrong with Logan Thomas.. He coulden't handle the hype.. If he gets drafted, its a waste..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 06:07 PM
Liking what i'm seeing from Bruce Taylor for va tech so far tonight...

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
Khaseem Greene is as good as Gary Nova is bad .Greene already has a sack a TFL and a TD. Rutgers has a lot of talent but the QB is just so frickin bad. Greene is always near the ball. Still an underrated player.
Bruce Taylor is a nice player havent watched him closely to much this season . Watched him a lot in 2011 before he got hurt

Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers could end up being the best receiver in this draft if he declares. He is so big and really fluid for his size

Buddy333
12-28-2012, 06:28 PM
RU has a lot of speed on defense.

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 06:38 PM
I get so pissed watching Rutgers they have good running backs a TE that is so under utilized 2 Gigantic WR's and they cant do anything on Offense because the QB is horrible

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 06:58 PM
Khaseem Greene is as good as Gary Nova is bad .Greene already has a sack a TFL and a TD. Rutgers has a lot of talent but the QB is just so frickin bad. Greene is always near the ball. Still an underrated player.
Bruce Taylor is a nice player havent watched him closely to much this season . Watched him a lot in 2011 before he got hurt

Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers could end up being the best receiver in this draft if he declares. He is so big and really fluid for his size Ya, thats why i have mocked Khaseeme Greene to us a few times.. Hes so awesome, and i think is as physical as it gets.. He plays like a guy possessed...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:00 PM
If i was va tech, i'd go with another QB in the 2nd half.. See if the Oline will play for a new QB.. They just don't care about Logan Thomas or have no faith in him, one or the other.. Give another guy a shot, and see if u can get a spark..

Very impessed with Va Techs Defense.. They are playing basically knowing if there to have any chance, its gonna be them who needs to do it..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:03 PM
wow, Va tech with yet another head scratching moronic play.. Kyle FUller runs into P like a idiot and instead of giving Va tech a chance, RU retains ball before half.. I tell ya, Frank Beamer needs to get his recruit on.. Theres no one close to a 1st rd pick, and maybe not 2nd rd pick on this team..

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 07:10 PM
wow, Va tech with yet another head scratching moronic play.. Kyle FUller runs into P like a idiot and instead of giving Va tech a chance, RU retains ball before half.. I tell ya, Frank Beamer needs to get his recruit on.. Theres no one close to a 1st rd pick, and maybe not 2nd rd pick on this team..Logan Thomas looks horrible. He has been so inaccurate. Marcus Davis bailed him out a couple times but he has been missing guys by 5 yards. Mel Kiper still thinks Logan Thomas is a 1st rounder dont know what games he is watching this season

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:21 PM
Logan Thomas looks horrible. He has been so inaccurate. Marcus Davis bailed him out a couple times but he has been missing guys by 5 yards. Mel Kiper still thinks Logan Thomas is a 1st rounder dont know what games he is watching this season No way? For real? To be honest, Andre Woodson had a better chance of becoming a NFL QB then Logan Thomas does.. I honestly don't see a positon that Logan Thomas could play in NFL? TE? probably to light, and hes not exactly super fast by any stretch.. I honestly think hes gonna just have to look back on his career his entire life and wonder what could of been.. Its kinda sad, but happens all the time..

Hes not Canadian football league good , let alone NFL...

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 07:34 PM
VT Rutgers the only time when 10-23 for 84 yards is the good QB's stat line

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:36 PM
How in the world did Antoine Exum drop that easy as can be, would of been pick 6?? I mean, a blind one armed man takes that back to the house.. 2nd time Va TEchs CB's have dropped sure would be picks, and obviously the Exum pick would of been a pick 6 easy... THis game is about the LB's, plain and simple.. Single Handedly destroying both offenses...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:37 PM
VT Rutgers the only time when 10-23 for 84 yards is the good QB's stat line Did u see that dropped pick 6by Exum? Wow!

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
No way? For real? To be honest, Andre Woodson had a better chance of becoming a NFL QB then Logan Thomas does.. I honestly don't see a positon that Logan Thomas could play in NFL? TE? probably to light, and hes not exactly super fast by any stretch.. I honestly think hes gonna just have to look back on his career his entire life and wonder what could of been.. Its kinda sad, but happens all the time..

Hes not Canadian football league good , let alone NFL...i wonder if those guys watch the games sometimes. I mean last year Mcshay had the write up of Whitney Mercilus that said he was a 350 pound 2 gap NT

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Logan Thomas needs to transfer to Slippery Rock.. seriously, hes completely overmatched on this level and making a embaressment of football legends school Va Tech...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:40 PM
Tweedy, Greene, adn Taylor are best players in this game...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:41 PM
Jesus, Bruce Taylor can lay the wood...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I just want to see Va Tech have one TD drive to make this a fun 3pt game...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:50 PM
wow, Logan Thomas just continues to amaze me with his stare down , try and aim and throw pathetic accuracy passes.. I mean, this is what make me wonder how big Coaching is.. THis guy is obviously being coached and coached and coached, and yet is getting worse and worse.. U eitehr got it, or u don't... Logan Thomas just simply isnt' a QB.. Hes just not..

I liken it to when a MLB team brings in a positon player to pitch.. Thats the kinda bad were talking about. He looks like a OF'er pitching..lol

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:57 PM
Finally a INT for Vatech, and a horrible interference call takes it away..lol Jesus.. It was Fuller by the way..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 07:58 PM
All right, i'm done with this Va TEch game.. Boring, and theres just no chance that Va Tech is gonna score on offense.. Its just not happeneing.. Thers a better chance of Money falling from the sky...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:12 PM
Holy crow.. Va Tech drives right down with 2 nice passes(i'm not kidding!) and then what do they do? They run on 3straight plays..lol Jesus! of course they get about 3yrds.. Not even one pass attempt? Wierd... Either way, they managed to make it a one possesion game, all though Va Tech scoring a TD is like not happening..lol

Hey Antoine Exum, good work dropping sure fire Pick 6!!!!lol Funny CB is supposedly more important and Exum is the better prospect tehn Bruce Taylor and that LB core at Va Tech, yet its the LB's who single handedly have lead both teams... hmm?

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 08:19 PM
I think Gary Nova might be playing the worst game Ive ever seen a QB play in a Bowl game

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:29 PM
HOLY CROW! Logan Thomas made the best throw in this game! Its about freaking time! Also, Exum obviously made up for his dropped pick 6 as well.. I got a feeling Bruce Taylors about to do something!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:31 PM
I think Gary Nova might be playing the worst game Ive ever seen a QB play in a Bowl game ya, definetly pretty bad.. It might be the 2 worst games between teh 2..lol

Remember when that Savage and Dodd dudes actually showed promise for Rutgers? Who was Kenny Britts QB?

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Thomas and Nova are combined 25-62 277yrd 1td 2int in this one so far..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
What is Va Tech doing? All of a sudden,t he idiots stop bringing pressure? Are they that stupid?

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:34 PM
VA TECH RECOVERS FUMBLE!!! YAA!!!!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
jesus, Va Tech recovers fumble just inside 30, and the idiot Thomas whos so stupid it hurts, commits a terrible Intentional Grounding.. THat guy is a bafoon.. Mel Kiper is on crack if he thinks logan thomas is a 1st rd pick..

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 08:38 PM
Logan Thomas with the stupid play knocks them out of FG range

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Heres what Va Tech did with there gift wrapped fumble recovery inside 30.. They incomple pass(no chance), Ran for loss of 2, Intentional grounding, and delay of game...lol jesus!

Redeyejedi
jesus, Va Tech recovers fumble just inside 30, and the idiot Thomas whos so stupid it hurts, commits a terrible Intentional Grounding.. THat guy is a bafoon.. Mel Kiper is on crack if he thinks logan thomas is a 1st rd pick..Khaseem Greene of course

nycsportzfan
Logan Thomas with the stupid play knocks them out of FG range Hes a complete idiot.. Hes done one thing well in this entire game, adn that was one single TD pass which was nice.. Other then that, hes been a idiot...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:43 PM
Khaseem Greene of course Greene is outstanding.. If he tests well at combine, he might get into top of 2nd rd.. What a player.. I wonder if hes related to Courtney Greene, the outstanding S at RU a couple yrs ago?

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:49 PM
wow, these idiots are gonna let em kick the FG..lol A 51yrder from a dude whos career long is 42, and in the rain..lol WOW!

I wonder if hes gonna make it??? Hmmm? Stupid!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:50 PM
wow, these idiots are gonna let em kick the FG..lol A 51yrder from a dude whos career long is 42, and in the rain..lol WOW!

I wonder if hes gonna make it??? Hmmm? Stupid! UNBELIEVABLE! What a bunch of idiots! Like he was gonna make that? So stupid...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:51 PM
Another TFL for Bruce Taylor! Beast Mode!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:55 PM
Another pick for Thomas...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 08:58 PM
Nova/Thomas 28-71 1td 3int so far..

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Nova/Thomas 28-71 1td 3int so far..I dont know whats worse that Kiper thinks Thoams is still a 1st rounder or that Gary Nova could be a 4 year starter

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:03 PM
Va Techs gonna lose in OT, i think.. I still like Nova's chances better and there K better... I'd be surprised if Thomas does anything remotley close to positive in OT.. All though Nova has stunk, hes the better player, i think(sad to say i know..lol)

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:04 PM
I dont know whats worse that Kiper thinks Thoams is still a 1st rounder or that Gary Nova could be a 4 year starter When did Kiper say this? I'm just eager to know, becuase i will lose all respect if he said this anytimes after like week 5...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:06 PM
Overtime.. Rutgers is gonna beat em, i have a bad feeling.. I'm rooting for Va Tech.. I love Khaseem Greene though, but i want Va Tech to not have there first losing season in 20yrs.. ALso, Bruce Taylor has jumped on my radar tonight..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:13 PM
I think Gary Nova might be playing the worst game Ive ever seen a QB play in a Bowl game Did u just see those throws by Logan Thomas? Hes a joke.. Nova would of made that throw i think to the FB.. Logan Thomas is just putrid.. I agree Nova is though as well.. But Logan Thomas is just stupid and has no talent what so ever.. I have more talent as a QB then him, and i'm being serious...

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:14 PM
I think DC Jefferson will be a nice pickup for someone at TE in this yrs draft, late rds..

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Another sweet Tackle by Bruce Taylor!

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:16 PM
Va Tech Wins it!!! I'll be darned!!!lol Bruce Taylor should be MVP of this game...

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Va Tech Wins it!!! I'll be darned!!!lol Bruce Taylor should be MVP of this game...Best game Ive seen him play

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 09:34 PM
Best game Ive seen him play Any chance of him being a 4/3 player in the NFL, or is he most likely off to a 3/4?

Also, Khaseeme Greene would of easily been MVP had his team WON.. 11tackles 1.5TFL, 1sack, 1TD...

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 09:55 PM
I might repost someone said thi is fake

Buddy333
12-28-2012, 10:28 PM
That game was hard to watch.

nycsportzfan
12-28-2012, 10:30 PM
I might repost someone said thi is fake what?

Redeyejedi
12-28-2012, 10:32 PM
Any chance of him being a 4/3 player in the NFL, or is he most likely off to a 3/4?

Also, Khaseeme Greene would of easily been MVP had his team WON.. 11tackles 1.5TFL, 1sack, 1TD... Taylor Looks like a 3-4 guy to me but who knows every time I scheme project they go to the other 1.
Greene was awesome as always and so was #11 CB Logan Ryan, He gave up the 1 TD but that was such a nice throw by Thomas. I dont know where it came from he had been horrible most of the night

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 06:36 AM
Taylor Looks like a 3-4 guy to me but who knows every time I scheme project they go to the other 1.
Greene was awesome as always and so was #11 CB Logan Ryan, He gave up the 1 TD but that was such a nice throw by Thomas. I dont know where it came from he had been horrible most of the night Ya, u coulden't defense that one pass by thomas.. I guess every one who has a arm can hit one every once in awhile...lol

Also, Antoine Exum looked like a solid CB as well.. I got on em for that dropped pick 6, but he was still solid as can be overall and did have the game changing pick anyhow...

Also, your right about Greene, he was as usual sensational.. Hes the kinda player who changes a teams attitude on defense.. I mean, RU plays mean on D, and i love the way that D plays...

Slip tried saying Greene is a side to side guy as he selected Arthur Brown in his mock, and i disagreed.. As u can see, Greene is much more then a side to side LB.. he was attacking teh middle just as much as he was attacking the sides.. hes a complete LB and a 100pct sure fire 2nd rder..

juice33s
12-29-2012, 12:13 PM
Thats what i see as well.. Either way, to each his own.. I like players that some dont' as well..

Hey Juicy, who u want us to draft in first 3rds?
Just going by Walts latest mock and who'd be available, I'd go:
Anthony Barr- Best pass rusher in the country
Jordan Poyer- Can never have too many cover guys, and we barely have any
Baccari Rambo- Phillips is damaged goods whose contract is up and Rolle is inconsistant and over paid

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 12:44 PM
Baccari Rambo- Phillips is damaged goods whose contract is up and Rolle is inconsistant and over paid Dang Juicy, were right on with the players in the secondary.. As most on here know, i'm a huge Jordan Poyer and Baccari Rambo fan! Anthony Barr is actually going back to school..

Jordan Poyer is the 2nd best CB in this draft in my opinon, and i think its pretty close between him and Milliner.. I just Love the kid.. Baccari Rambo is the kinda saftey u draft in RD1.. Hes instinctive, makes plays, has the measurables, speed, comes from tough confrence..etc He will continue to rise as draft comes, but i don't know if he'll rise enough to get into 1st rd, but thats the kinda player, talent wise, i think he is...

I can't wait to watch JORDAN POYER in tonights bowl game against Texas.. I'll go on record right now, that he gets a INT.. Hes just that kinda player, who is big in big moments...

slipknottin
12-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Baccari Rambo- Phillips is damaged goods whose contract is up and Rolle is inconsistant and over paid

You mean best draft eligible pass rusher.

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 12:51 PM
Man, Texas vs Oregon St tonight guys! Alex Okafor, Jordan Poyer, Markus Wheaton, Scott Chrichton(awesome DE!), Carrington Byndom, Kenny Vaccaro..etc Awesome stuff tonight!

Then u got TCU vs Mich St- Johnny Adams, Wiliam Gholston, Le'veon Bell, Josh Boyce, Dion Sims, Blaize Foltz, Stansly Mopanga..etc Awesome stuff!

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 12:53 PM
You mean best draft eligible pass rusher. Barrs going back to school, so Barr and Clowney will be having some fun piling up the numbers and going against each other heading into next yrs draft.. CLowney will certainly be the Num 1 overall pick though..

Hey slip, what do u think of Scott Chrichton DE Oregon St?

slipknottin
12-29-2012, 01:02 PM
Hey slip, what do u think of Scott Chrichton DE Oregon St?

He seems very similar to Lamarr Woodley to me.

Redeyejedi
12-29-2012, 01:53 PM
He seems very similar to Lamarr Woodley to me.
Havent spent a whole lo of time on him because I dont think he will declare but he may be better off with Clowney and Tuitt , Barr in his class

slipknottin
12-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Havent spent a whole lo of time on him because I dont think he will declare but he may be better off with Clowney and Tuitt , Barr in his class

Isnt he a true soph?

WiIdcat
12-29-2012, 02:00 PM
How do you guys like Dion Jordan? I know he's on the small side right now at 245lbs, but he's 6'6 and has a lot of room to add bulk to that frame. He has even better athleticism than JPP and could really revitalize our pass rush.

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 02:25 PM
He seems very similar to Lamarr Woodley to me. Interesting.. THank u sir..

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 02:26 PM
Isnt he a true soph? I'm personally not sure, and almost positive regardless hes going back to schoo, but i was just curious because most think hes a 1st rder for sure next yr, so i wanted to know what some of my draft guru friends thought about em..

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 02:28 PM
The Rice Owls got themselves a QB Ladies and Gentelman!!lol Freshman Driphus Jackson is pretty darn good.. Hes got some serious Teddy Bridgewater similarities going on.. Slender kid with a nice arm, can put it on a line, and float it in there, has some arm strength, and can use his feet..

Obviously there playing Air Force, but regardless, as a freshman its impressive and hes done well any time hes gotten in with a 4td 0int coming into the bowl game...

thegiantsrule10
12-29-2012, 02:32 PM
Who do you think wins Texas or Oregon state and TCU or Michigan state.

Redeyejedi
12-29-2012, 02:48 PM
Isnt he a true soph? no he is a RS Soph. I did 1 video of him vs UCLA

juice33s
12-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Dang Juicy, were right on with the players in the secondary.. As most on here know, i'm a huge Jordan Poyer and Baccari Rambo fan! Anthony Barr is actually going back to school..

Jordan Poyer is the 2nd best CB in this draft in my opinon, and i think its pretty close between him and Milliner.. I just Love the kid.. Baccari Rambo is the kinda saftey u draft in RD1.. Hes instinctive, makes plays, has the measurables, speed, comes from tough confrence..etc He will continue to rise as draft comes, but i don't know if he'll rise enough to get into 1st rd, but thats the kinda player, talent wise, i think he is...

I can't wait to watch JORDAN POYER in tonights bowl game against Texas.. I'll go on record right now, that he gets a INT.. Hes just that kinda player, who is big in big moments...
hmm, I don't think Barr's made an official announcement, but if not him then with who Walts Mock has available, I'll go with Johnathan Cooper. Not a sexy pick, but every million dollar mansion needs a strong foundation

juice33s
12-29-2012, 03:05 PM
You mean best draft eligible pass rusher.
Clowney's a freak, but the national sack leader (in his first season on defense) is no slouch himself

thegiantsrule10
12-29-2012, 03:37 PM
I like what i saw out of Kerwynn Williams. Hes played great this year now that he got the chance to. He's a good receiver out the backfield as well.

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 06:13 PM
I like what i saw out of Kerwynn Williams. Hes played great this year now that he got the chance to. He's a good receiver out the backfield as well. Ya, hes a nice little sleeper back.. I would think we'll either go ultra small but tough 3rd down change of pace guy like a Kerwyn Williams or a bigger burlier guy like Le'Veon Bell or even a Cierre Wood to comp David Wilson..

U know whos a good little back, is Curtis McNeal of USC. I woulden't mind him.. That kid runs hard and also dissapears behind Olines...

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 06:15 PM
W.Virginia is a strange team.. THey got no guts on Defense at all.. Geno Smith is a guy i'd worry about being a bust as well.. His numbers seem so good, but i've seen him do some wierd things often, as well..

Redeyejedi
12-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Ya, hes a nice little sleeper back.. I would think we'll either go ultra small but tough 3rd down change of pace guy like a Kerwyn Williams or a bigger burlier guy like Le'Veon Bell or even a Cierre Wood to comp David Wilson..

U know whos a good little back, is Curtis McNeal of USC. I woulden't mind him.. That kid runs hard and also dissapears behind Olines...I want a big back

thegiantsrule10
12-29-2012, 06:48 PM
Syracuse has shut down Tavon Austin.

juice33s
12-29-2012, 07:13 PM
I want a big back
What about Marcus Coker...The guy was a beast at Iowa before transfering to Stony Brook (not sure why that happened)...But regardless you could probably get the guy in the 7th round, if not UDFA...Same could be said for Michael Dyer for that matter

juice33s
12-29-2012, 10:19 PM
Alex Okafor had a hell of a Bowl game (9 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 ff)...Im goin to have to go back to the tape on him, my initial thought was that he was a 2nd round prospect

Yeah after a little further review the guys a 1st rounder (20-32) He's got the size, athletiscm and production. This guy is probably a better option for the Giants then Ansah, he's more explosive off the snap and quicker around the edge...Eitherway I'm about 90% sure it will be one of these two guys

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 10:29 PM
Wow, Mike Riley is a freaking moron.. How did the idiot not see the clock running down when he was in FG range to end the 1st half? The idiot was running up to spike the ball when he had a TO left and there was only 10seconds anyways.. Even if u think it was a 1st down, all u have to do is look at the clock clearly running down, adn take ur TO.. Mike Riley going with that Vaz dude is a joke as well.. Vaz is a talentless choke artist, and i seen him do the same thing in another game, it looked like Org St had, as they lead all game, adn then the guy just melted down..

Sean Mannion would of been the better choice, hands down..

Also, Markus Wheaton has the worst set of butter fingers in football.. How u can draft that dude is beyond me.. I mean, sure hes fast, but if hes dropping balls left and right, it dosen't mean anything..

Ultimate Choke job by those clowns... Oregon St will always be a 2nd rate clown school... Jordan Poyers still awesome, but why did he go to that nobody school? God it frustrates me to watch teams just play like they've never seen a field before and make poor decison after poor decison.. Mike Riely is clueless, and will never get outta corvalis.. Only place hes going is down the rankings.. U will see him at Slippery Rock before u know it..lol

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Alex Okafor had a hell of a Bowl game (9 tackles, 4.5 sacks, 1 ff)...Im goin to have to go back to the tape on him, my initial thought was that he was a 2nd round prospect

Yeah after a little further review the guys a 1st rounder (20-32) He's got the size, athletiscm and production. This guy is probably a better option for the Giants then Ansah, he's more explosive off the snap and quicker around the edge Nah, hes a beast.. Hes been a beast all yinkr.. No one on here seems to have a issue with him as our 1st rder.. I've mocked em to us a gazillion times.. I pretty much want Ogletree, Ansah, or Okafor in a perfect world.. I would have no issue with Eric Fisher, Barrett Jones, or Tyler Eifert either though..

juice33s
12-29-2012, 10:45 PM
Nah, hes a beast.. Hes been a beast all yinkr.. No one on here seems to have a issue with him as our 1st rder.. I've mocked em to us a gazillion times.. I pretty much want Ogletree, Ansah, or Okafor in a perfect world.. I would have no issue with Eric Fisher, Barrett Jones, or Tyler Eifert either though..
Part of me really wants to like Ogletree as he's great in space and oozing with size and athletism, but another part of me thinks he plays too high and struggles to shed blocks in the running game

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 10:59 PM
Part of me really wants to like Ogletree as he's great in space and oozing with size and athletism, but another part of me thinks he plays too high and struggles to shed blocks in the running game The best part about Ogletree is that hes young and missed time and as soon as he gets back into games, he takes over.. Hence, missing 4games this yr, and yet leading the BULLDOGS in Tackles, and last yr it was similar, as he came back and just flat out beasted against Michigan St in the Bowl game, with 13tackles..

He does it all, and hes still learning.. Watched em just pick up TJ YELDON like he was a rag doll and give almost near no resistence as soon as contact was made.. Hes wirey strong with room to pack on a few more lbs with his frame, and not lose athletic ability and speed... Ogletree is gonna be a star.. In my opinion of course..lol

nycsportzfan
12-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Watch this tape Juicy.. Its only a couple minutes long, but gives u a idea of the power, athletic ability, and all around skill level of Alec Ogletree.. Look at how high he gets up on the Onside Kick to snag it in mid air, and how he somehow gets his paws on a pass that would of soared over just about anyone elses head and tips it to his teammate for a INT, and then look at how he just stuffs a few RB's, including one of LSU's big power backs... Also, he can force fumbles and make splash plays.. I love that hes not ur prototypical 6ft 1in 244lb LB, as u can see his HTused in many situations.. Wiht his leaping ability and athletic ability theres not to many balls that get over his head without him getting hands on em or picking it..

Introducing #9 Alec Ogletree - YouTube

► 2:23 www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMenVpuvW8U

juice33s
12-29-2012, 11:24 PM
Watch this tape Juicy.. Its only a couple minutes long, but gives u a idea of the power, athletic ability, and all around skill level of Alec Ogletree.. Look at how high he gets up on the Onside Kick to snag it in mid air, and how he somehow gets his paws on a pass that would of soared over just about anyone elses head and tips it to his teammate for a INT, and then look at how he just stuffs a few RB's, including one of LSU's big power backs... Also, he can force fumbles and make splash plays.. I love that hes not ur prototypical 6ft 1in 244lb LB, as u can see his HTused in many situations.. Wiht his leaping ability and athletic ability theres not to many balls that get over his head without him getting hands on em or picking it..

Introducing #9 Alec Ogletree - YouTube

► 2:23 www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMenVpuvW8U (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMenVpuvW8U)
He's definitely an intriguing prospect and I certainly think he can add another 10-15 pounds of muscle with ease. Right now I'd say Okafor, Ansah and Ogletree are the top 3 realistic picks on the Giants big board with Okafor and Ansah getting the edge for playing a more premier position

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 09:04 AM
Syracuse has shut down Tavon Austin.I think Stedman Bailey is the better pro player. Austin is explosive but do u really take a small receiver who isnt a good route runner and cant play outside in the 1st round? If hje ends up on a good team like NE i could see him kill it but if he ends up on a bad team like Jax I could see him being very underwhelming. I just dont like the idea of drafting a guy u need to scheme the ball into his hands to be effective.

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 09:07 AM
The best part about Ogletree is that hes young and missed time and as soon as he gets back into games, he takes over.. Hence, missing 4games this yr, and yet leading the BULLDOGS in Tackles, and last yr it was similar, as he came back and just flat out beasted against Michigan St in the Bowl game, with 13tackles..

He does it all, and hes still learning.. Watched em just pick up TJ YELDON like he was a rag doll and give almost near no resistence as soon as contact was made.. Hes wirey strong with room to pack on a few more lbs with his frame, and not lose athletic ability and speed... Ogletree is gonna be a star.. In my opinion of course..lolI can find a bunch of bad examples of his play in the Alabama game 2. he turns his back away from contact a few times on interior runs. Im not saying he isnt a very exciting player with loads of upside because he is but he isnt the most physical ILB either

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Wow, Mike Riley is a freaking moron.. How did the idiot not see the clock running down when he was in FG range to end the 1st half? The idiot was running up to spike the ball when he had a TO left and there was only 10seconds anyways.. Even if u think it was a 1st down, all u have to do is look at the clock clearly running down, adn take ur TO.. Mike Riley going with that Vaz dude is a joke as well.. Vaz is a talentless choke artist, and i seen him do the same thing in another game, it looked like Org St had, as they lead all game, adn then the guy just melted down..

Sean Mannion would of been the better choice, hands down..

Also, Markus Wheaton has the worst set of butter fingers in football.. How u can draft that dude is beyond me.. I mean, sure hes fast, but if hes dropping balls left and right, it dosen't mean anything..

Ultimate Choke job by those clowns... Oregon St will always be a 2nd rate clown school... Jordan Poyers still awesome, but why did he go to that nobody school? God it frustrates me to watch teams just play like they've never seen a field before and make poor decison after poor decison.. Mike Riely is clueless, and will never get outta corvalis.. Only place hes going is down the rankings.. U will see him at Slippery Rock before u know it..lol
I wonder if Mannion will transfer. Mannion has more NFL potential but he was pretty mediocre this year. Vaz before this game didnt turn the ball over thats why he played instead. I agree though Mannion is the better player

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 09:18 AM
I feel really bad for whichever teams need to pick a QB in this draft. If I was a GM I would not want to risk my career on any of these guys. To be honest I think I would rather take David Fales in the 2nd or 3rd than any of these guys in the 1st.

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I can find a bunch of bad examples of his play in the Alabama game 2. he turns his back away from contact a few times on interior runs. Im not saying he isnt a very exciting player with loads of upside because he is but he isnt the most physical ILB either I can find bad plays on every prospect in every prospect video u made.. There college kids for cripes sake.. U watch college football right? Its like a blooper reel half the time..

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 09:56 AM
Man, Vegas flat out cleaned up yesterday(as usual).. How many times are teams gonna take double digit leads in college football and blow them to teams that seemingly can't move the ball at all? I mean Oregon sts defense looked great, and then su-cked 2nd half, and TCU's defnese was insane and somehow they lost to Michgan St? WTH? Thats crazy..

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 10:38 AM
I can find bad plays on every prospect in every prospect video u made.. There college kids for cripes sake.. U watch college football right? Its like a blooper reel half the time..

Its not bad plays, its him bowing away from contact. See it when any guard/center gets a clear shot at him, he dances away.

In my opinion, he has to play weakside linebacker in the NFL.

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 11:16 AM
Its not bad plays, its him bowing away from contact. See it when any guard/center gets a clear shot at him, he dances away.

In my opinion, he has to play weakside linebacker in the NFL. At 6ft 3in, 236lbs, hes got the type of frame u can add a few lbs which will make him a bit more stronger going against blockers, and disengaging.. Even if he does end up at WLB, then so be it.. I mean, the guys a unbelievable football player with oodles of speed, hitting ability, coverege ability, playmaking ability..etc I mean, this guys the real deal..

Hence, why a guy whos missed parts of the past 2yrs is almost a sure fire lock for 1st rd, and at LB, where hes only played for a couple seasons.. Kinda gives u a idea of what hes been accomplishing there..

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 11:19 AM
I feel really bad for whichever teams need to pick a QB in this draft. If I was a GM I would not want to risk my career on any of these guys. To be honest I think I would rather take David Fales in the 2nd or 3rd than any of these guys in the 1st. Hence, what me and a few others have been trying to say, about not taking a positon just because u think its more important, and passing up on guys at other positons , that might be considered a bit less importance.. Would u rather pass on Sean Weatherspoon to have Blaine Gabbert? Would u rather pass on Earl Thomas to have Christian Ponder?

Its a stupid way to draft, and exactly how u lose ur job.. U gotta take good players, and eventually as u pile up the good players, u run into a situation that allows u to get a legit prospect at QB or DE or whatever...

slipknottin
12-30-2012, 11:50 AM
At 6ft 3in, 236lbs, hes got the type of frame u can add a few lbs which will make him a bit more stronger going against blockers, and disengaging..

It has nothing to do with size or strength. He is very inconsistent when he needs to be physical.

juice33s
12-30-2012, 01:43 PM
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/an-early-look-at-the-2013-nfl-draft-m083rbm-184579581.html
Interesting qoutes from NFL scouts on a few guys we've discussed:

TYLER EIFERT
-"Eifert is probably the top kid but he's not an all-around guy," one scout said. "I don't know how much he really likes football. I think he does it because it's something he's good at. He'd be more happy being a wide receiver."

DJ FLUKER:
"His (expletive) is bigger than a coffee table," one scout said, referring to Fluker. "Huge legs, long arm. He can really drive people off the ball using his massive size. He is getting better in pass pro. And he's got some nastiness to him."

DALLAS THOMAS/ODAY ABOUSHI
-"Thomas has the athletic ability to be a left tackle and is a footwork kind of guy. He might have to be a guard. Aboushi has a bad body on him but he's real effective. Pretty good technician. Kind of a nasty kid."

JOHNATHAN COOPER
-"Great athlete," one scout said. "Can make all the blocks. You watch him move, especially for a zone team, he'll be right up their alley. Problem is the guy played at 280."

WILLIAM GOUSLTON
-"As a freshman and sophomore, you saw a lot of signs of dominance," one scout said. "I don't see how he gets out of the first round because he's just so big."

SHELDON RICAHRDSON
- "is an undersized move guy. Just kind of a finesse athlete. Big-time character questions."

MANTI TEO
-"You can knock him on this and that but he's just a good player," one scout said. "No major deficiencies. He's like (Luke) Kuechly from last year. Maybe not what you want to do (with a top-10 pick) but you're getting a good football player."

ALEC OGLETREE
- "Ogletree is like (Kansas City's) Derrick Johnson," one scout said. "It's just his (four-game drug) suspension and everything. You've got to worry about that. He will slip and slide around in there and make a bunch of plays. He's so athletic and so big and can really run."
Another scout compared Ogletree to Odell Thurman, another former Georgia MLB whose promising career in Cincinnati was cut short by drug abuse in the mid-2000s.
The scout said Ogletree was the best player on the Bulldogs' defense despite the presence of OLB Jarvis Jones

MINGO
-"He did not have the production you'd like to see from a really outstanding athlete," one scout said. "But he's also playing on a pretty good team, and they rotated a lot. He will blow the combine out."

JONTHAN BANKS
-"Banks is a really good football player," one scout said. "Not a thick guy by any means, but real long arms. Even for a long, lanky guy he has pretty good quickness. His top-end speed isn't great. Loves football and isn't afraid to hit."

TYRANN MATHIEU
-"He's a nickel back and returner," one scout said. "It's just like Janoris Jenkins, but Janoris is much, much more talented. This guy just got arrested again. I don't know how you select him."

SAFETIES
"This is maybe the best safety draft in a long, long time," one scout said. "This is a draft where everybody can get healthy at the position. You may not have the Sean Taylor elite-type player, but you have a lot of really good players."

MATT ELAM
-"Matt is kind of short but he's a hitter and he can cover," one scout said. "If he goes in the first it will be late."

KENNY VACCARO
- "He's different than most University of Texas guys - he's tough and physical," one scout said. "Maybe the lack of 40 time keeps him out of the first."

BACCARI RAMBO
-Georgia's Bacarri Rambo (6-0, 206) has major character flaws. "But he's the new breed of safety that you need," one scout said. "Real athletic. Ball skills. Covers. Real up and down with his tackling and his physicalness."

Redeyejedi
12-30-2012, 02:39 PM
A guy on Twitter was asking my opinion on the safeties and I said something similar. I dont see a clear cut 1st rounder but I see 6 players that could go 2nd Round. Which 1 do u chose?

I have to look into the Sheldon Richardson character concerns havent heard anything from anyone on that

juice33s
12-30-2012, 03:23 PM
A guy on Twitter was asking my opinion on the safeties and I said something similar. I dont see a clear cut 1st rounder but I see 6 players that could go 2nd Round. Which 1 do u chose?

I have to look into the Sheldon Richardson character concerns havent heard anything from anyone on that
I think Rambo's the best playmaker of the bunch. I don't really know the details behind his character flaws, but based on talent and where you could potentially draft him, he'd be my guy

myles2424
12-30-2012, 04:24 PM
Part of me really wants to like Ogletree as he's great in space and oozing with size and athletism, but another part of me thinks he plays too high and struggles to shed blocks in the running game
Wait when the pros get ahold of him, he'll get up to around 245 & not lose any speed....If he didnt have run play issues, he'd go higher than we pick....

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 08:31 PM
It has nothing to do with size or strength. He is very inconsistent when he needs to be physical. i disagree.. I've seen him be very physical, and maybe its not a consistnet part to his game yet, but hes gonna be a 1st rder for a reason, and thats because hes a game changer.. I'd bank on that guy being a stud for whoever gets em, and i think theres very little chance of him being anything but a stud in the NFL.. I've talked to a few fans of the bulldogs and they say its night and day how the defense plays when hes in there.. They say he makes a tempo changing hard hit every game, and then i read a scouting report that said the same thing.. THey said every game they've watched the guy has hit like a ton of bricks.. Just driving his body into ball carriers and leveling them..

Hes certainly not a puss who shys away from contact.. Hes smart and trys to get around blocks sometimes instead of wasting his time having to disengage.. I mean, when u have the speed he has, then why woulden't u? He dosen't need to get blocked, he can run right around big lineman which he does often..

nycsportzfan
12-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Wait when the pros get ahold of him, he'll get up to around 245 & not lose any speed....If he didnt have run play issues, he'd go higher than we pick.... I think he just might go higher then we pick.. Its a possiblity for sure.. If we dont' grab em, i expect the bears to grab em, as a future replacement to Brian Urlacher.. Hes fast and athletic with pass play skills, and he makes game changing plays.. And he'll get the crowd in it with a smash of a hit often as well... Hes perfect for them...

thegiantsrule10
12-30-2012, 08:39 PM
Im going to start watching college football on a more regular basis so i can know about all these players like you guys do.

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Im going to start watching college football on a more regular basis so i can know about all these players like you guys do.Go to the Film Room page there are hundreds of videos or go to Draftbreakdown.com thats where my videos are posted

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
i really have to get my own site up

footballinsider
12-31-2012, 02:53 PM
This past season was obviously a disappointment. I have been reading up on players opinions from around the league here http://bit.ly/Xbs6JG and its obvious we need to plug some holes. Three main areas of concern include: LB, DE, DT. One of our biggest strengths is our D line and our ability to rush the passer. We need to continue to fuel that strength with this years draft, also picking up a linebacker who can make solid tackles on draws, screens, and runs up the middle.

I wouldnt mind seeing us take a wide reciever or O lineman with a later pick, but most of this offseason should be focused on the defense.

thegiantsrule10
12-31-2012, 03:00 PM
Go to the Film Room page there are hundreds of videos or go to Draftbreakdown.com thats where my videos are posted

Thanks

nycsportzfan
12-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Heres my weekly mock to end a huge dissapointment of a season.. Were picking 19th overall, and actually get a 2nd rder even earlier becuase the Saints pick is gone due to infractions and the Browns used there 2nd rder in supp draft for Josh Gordon...

1). Ezekiahl Ansah DE BYU- i love Ogletree and Okafor and Warmack as well , but don't know if Ogletree is gonna declare, and its pretty close between these guys anyways.. Ansahs length, potential, and body type all remind me of JPP.. I think they would make a fearsome duo at end for next 10yrs or so..

2). Dallas Thomas G/T Tennesee- A steal at this point in the draft.. Obviously youth and talent are a major need on interior of oline..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I think he'll rise past this point eventually, but for now, hes here, and i'd love to have the playmaking S on our side.. My fave S prospect.. Hes a diffrence maker, and always seems to be in the big game changing plays..

4). Travis Kelce TE Cincinatti- Now this kid is worth a 4th rd pick, over last yrs pick and former bearcat Adrien Robinson.. Hes got super skills for his size and is a great blocker.. Steal alert!

5). Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- I love this kid, and is yet another player who can get pressure on the QB..

6). AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- This kid is a leader and puts it all on the field all the time.. More of a downhill player, but a very heady player who is a tad more all around player then Chase Blackburn i believe, and moves around a tad better as well.. Could be a player who becomes more then expected on next level

7). Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- Big and fast, and underrated.. A solid prospect who could be another late rd Jerry Reese steal..

Redeyejedi
12-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Heres my weekly mock to end a huge dissapointment of a season.. Were picking 19th overall, and actually get a 2nd rder even earlier becuase the Saints pick is gone due to infractions and the Browns used there 2nd rder in supp draft for Josh Gordon...

1). Ezekiahl Ansah DE BYU- i love Ogletree and Okafor and Warmack as well , but don't know if Ogletree is gonna declare, and its pretty close between these guys anyways.. Ansahs length, potential, and body type all remind me of JPP.. I think they would make a fearsome duo at end for next 10yrs or so..

2). Dallas Thomas G/T Tennesee- A steal at this point in the draft.. Obviously youth and talent are a major need on interior of oline..

3). Baccari Rambo S Georgia- I think he'll rise past this point eventually, but for now, hes here, and i'd love to have the playmaking S on our side.. My fave S prospect.. Hes a diffrence maker, and always seems to be in the big game changing plays..

4). Travis Kelce TE Cincinatti- Now this kid is worth a 4th rd pick, over last yrs pick and former bearcat Adrien Robinson.. Hes got super skills for his size and is a great blocker.. Steal alert!

5). Chris Jones DT Bowling Green- I love this kid, and is yet another player who can get pressure on the QB..

6). AJ Klein ILB Iowa St- This kid is a leader and puts it all on the field all the time.. More of a downhill player, but a very heady player who is a tad more all around player then Chase Blackburn i believe, and moves around a tad better as well.. Could be a player who becomes more then expected on next level

7). Khalid Wooten CB Nevada- Big and fast, and underrated.. A solid prospect who could be another late rd Jerry Reese steal..If we got those 3 players in the first 3 rounds I would be ecstatic

nycsportzfan
12-31-2012, 09:46 PM
If we got those 3 players in the first 3 rounds I would be ecstatic Ya, this would be a almost best case draft.. I'm not sure Dallas Thomas or Rambo or even Ansah will be there, but then again, all of em possibly could be as well.. Kelce and Jones could be solid contributors as well...

nycsportzfan
12-31-2012, 10:21 PM
Man, Tahj Boyd isn't nearly as slick with his feet as hes gonna need to be to make it in the NFL.. I watched Bennie logan catch em on a play Boyd had a running start.. Thats pathetic... Hes not good enough skilled passer to not be able to use his feet better... I woudlent' touch Geno Smith , Tahj Boyd, or Tyler Wilson in RD1.. Not saying there all gonna suck or anything, but i just don't see 1st rd talent from any of em...

Carter.525
12-31-2012, 10:37 PM
how about Eifert or Ertz.. I would love Ertz in the 2nd

Carter.525
01-01-2013, 01:16 PM
"After much deliberation," Georgia junior ILB Alec Ogletree has decided to enter the 2013 NFL Draft, according to SI's Tony Pauline.

Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/statuses/286168270690725888)

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Was out most of the morning and just started watching the Capitol One Bowl. Are the Bulldogs having an off day? Is Nebraska that good? Both? Thought that the Bulldogs had all these great picks coming out but it looks like a lot of offense. Haven't see he entire game so maybe there where turnovers or something.

juice33s
01-01-2013, 03:27 PM
Was out most of the morning and just started watching the Capitol One Bowl. Are the Bulldogs having an off day? Is Nebraska that good? Both? Thought that the Bulldogs had all these great picks coming out but it looks like a lot of offense. Haven't see he entire game so maybe there where turnovers or something.
Nebraska's running all over them ala Bama....Burkhead's having a hell of a game, I'm calling either New England or the Packers will draft him, they love the white guys

Buddy333
01-01-2013, 03:33 PM
It's a fun game from what I have seen. Just thought their defense was supposed to be so good with all their NFL prospects. Didn't think they would allow 31 points.

WiIdcat
01-01-2013, 04:43 PM
They were without Jenkins, but Ogletree looked good. I'm starting to like him at 19. Needs to add some bulk though.