PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23

thegiantsrule10
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1941353/smith.gif

Clowney is going to be a monster when he goes to the NFL in a couple of years.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 05:45 PM
A couple? He already said he is declaring as soon as he is eligible.

Im all in for releasing every overpaid veteran on the giants, taking the 0 win season, and getting Clowney. Im half serious, btw.

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Ogletree just said he would declare for the draft. Still not particularly fond of him, especially how physical (lack there of) he is. But as a former safety with range and good dropping, he would fit well as a tampa 2 MLB.

Problem with the tampa 2, though, is that you need excellent outside linebackers too, that can step up and make tackles, giants dont have that either. Though they could add other LBs later in the draft too

juice33s
01-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I'm interested to see how Jordan Lynch handles the FSU defense...It will go a long way in seeing what kind of NFL prospect he really is

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 09:22 PM
I'm interested to see how Jordan Lynch handles the FSU defense...It will go a long way in seeing what kind of NFL prospect he really isHe hasnt looked good. Missed a wide open WR cant run anywhere fake punt was a great call though

juice33s
01-01-2013, 09:23 PM
He hasnt looked good. Missed a wide open WR cant run anywhere fake punt was a great call though
rhett bomar lol

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 09:24 PM
Blatant PI call missed on Rhodes. Should of been first and goal from the 1

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 10:07 PM
FSU should of won this game already EJ Manuel is terrible

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Ogletree just said he would declare for the draft. Still not particularly fond of him, especially how physical (lack there of) he is. But as a former safety with range and good dropping, he would fit well as a tampa 2 MLB.

Problem with the tampa 2, though, is that you need excellent outside linebackers too, that can step up and make tackles, giants dont have that either. Though they could add other LBs later in the draft tooU watch the FSU game X Rhodes holds a lot. he may be to stiff to play corner in the NFL

slipknottin
01-01-2013, 10:18 PM
U watch the FSU game X Rhodes holds a lot. he may be to stiff to play corner in the NFL

Yea I'm not sold on any of the early corners other than Millner. Amerson definitely is crap. The other guys I just am not sure will translate well. The mid-late round guys have better cover skills, IMO. Just not as great physically.

juice33s
01-01-2013, 10:23 PM
FSU should of won this game already EJ Manuel is terrible
Not sure what game ur watching in regards to Manuel and Rhodes....Rhodes is barely letting his guy breath out there and manuel is 21-28 for 242 and a TD in the first half, showing solid pocket awareness/movement

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Not sure what game ur watching in regards to Manuel and Rhodes....Rhodes is barely letting his guy breath out there and manuel is 21-28 for 242 and a TD in the first half, showing solid pocket awareness/movement Rhodes is holding and grabbing the receivers. He cant turn and run so he holds and grabs. Manuel give me a break doing the same thing he always does ,dump it to someone and they run with it. The guy is a paper prospect. Everything on paper looks good.He will test well stats look nice but in terms of true accuracy and decision making he is awful. Not natural looking QB at all.

juice33s
01-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Rhodes is holding and grabbing the receivers. He cant turn and run so he holds and grabs. Manuel give me a break doing the same thing he always does dump it to FB and RB's and they run with it the guy is a paper prospect. Everything on paper looks good.He will test well stats look good but in terms of true accuracy decision making he is awful
I haven't noticed Rhodes getting beat deep throughout his career, so I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that he can't turn and run? As for Manuel its not him being "terrible" that has kept NI in the game, in was the Oleary fumble, missed FG, Fake punt, 3rd-15, onside kick ect ect

juice33s
01-01-2013, 11:48 PM
lol I remember arguing with NYCsportsfan about how you couldn't compare Lynch's season to Manziel b/c of level of competition and they just showed a stat how NI had the weakest strenght of schedule in college football.....Its showing too, because although lynch has had a few nice moments, he's been largely outmatched.

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 11:50 PM
I haven't noticed Rhodes getting beat deep throughout his career, so I'm not sure where you're getting this idea that he can't turn and run? As for Manuel its not him being "terrible" that has kept NI in the game, in was the Oleary fumble, missed FG, Fake punt, 3rd-15, onside kick ect ect If he goes to a press man team where he can put his hands on receivers he can be really good not sure he we do well on the Giants who dont do much of that. College u can get away with a lot more contact

juice33s
01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
If he goes to a press man team where he can put his hands on receivers he can be really good not sure he we do well on the Giants who dont do much of that. College u can get away with a lot more contact
I admit I do question his pure speed, afterall not many corners have his kind of size, but you gotta love the physical nature he plays with

Redeyejedi
01-01-2013, 11:51 PM
lol I remember arguing with NYCsportsfan about how you couldn't compare Lynch's season to Manziel b/c of level of competition and they just showed a stat how NI had the weakest strenght of schedule in college football.....Its showing too, because although lynch has had a few nice moments, he's been largely outmatched.Thats without Carradine 2. Shame about him. i hate seeing guys get hurt right before the draft. I wonder if he will still be the same player

juice33s
01-01-2013, 11:57 PM
Thats without Carradine 2. Shame about him. i hate seeing guys get hurt right before the draft. I wonder if he will still be the same player
Nobody can be certain and that's why he's no longer a 1st round prospect anymore. I liked him alot though, thought he was right up there with Werner in terms of talent

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 12:00 AM
Lynch will get a chance to make his stats look better now that FSU has opened up a 21 point lead. N Illinois didnt play athletes anywhere near this level. FSU's defense is really good

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 12:02 AM
Nobody can be certain and that's why he's no longer a 1st round prospect anymore. I liked him alot though, thought he was right up there with Werner in terms of talentI was hoping that if the giants passed on an end in the 1st they could get him in the 2nd. He might be worth drafting and stashing for a season

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:07 AM
If he goes to a press man team where he can put his hands on receivers he can be really good not sure he we do well on the Giants who dont do much of that. College u can get away with a lot more contact

Yea, scheme will be important for him. He could fit as a cover 2 corner too. He does tackle well and he is very physical.

I dont think he would be a great fit for the giants though, at least not with the defense they currently run. Lots of C3, which I think will highlight his weaknesses.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM
Yea, scheme will be important for him. He could fit as a cover 2 corner too. He does tackle well and he is very physical.

I dont think he would be a great fit for the giants though, at least not with the defense they currently run. Lots of C3, which I think will highlight his weaknesses.

I do not agree. While Rhodes does play man very well, he has not suffered at all in zone. Remember, FSU is without their Dcoordinator this game who left for Kentucky. Tonight they are running almost all man and might give the impression that is all they have done all year, that isnt true. They have played man AND zone this year and Rhodes has thrived in both. He is a more natural press corner though.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:13 AM
I do not agree. While Rhodes does play man very well, he has not suffered at all in zone. Remember, FSU is without their Dcoordinator this game who left for Kentucky. Tonight they are running almost all man and might give the impression that is all they have done all year, that isnt true. They have played man AND zone all year and Rhodes has thrived in both.

Yea, in college, where he doesnt face the speed he will in the NFL, and he is able to get away with much more grabbing.

And not all zone is created equal. C2 he would be great. C3 not so much.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 12:35 AM
Yea, in college, where he doesnt face the speed he will in the NFL, and he is able to get away with much more grabbing.

And not all zone is created equal. C2 he would be great. C3 not so much.

I was wrong Stoops did coach this game, I thoght he wasnt.

But still, they have run a lot more zone than this year than they did tonight.

And the Giants selected Prince, a physical press cover guy in college just like Rhodes who dominates WRs early in the route and is a physical tackler in run support. So I dont see how he isnt our type of guy.

GMs covet college corners with man skills since that is the hardest thing to learn. There is a reason teams that play Press coverage put a lot of corners into the NFL.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 12:50 AM
I was wrong Stoops did coach this game, I thoght he wasnt.

But still, they have run a lot more zone than this year than they did tonight.

And the Giants selected Prince, a physical press cover guy in college just like Rhodes who dominates WRs early in the route and is a physical tackler in run support. So I dont see how he isnt our type of guy.

GMs covet college corners with man skills since that is the hardest thing to learn. There is a reason teams that play Press coverage put a lot of corners into the NFL.

Prince also ran sub 4.4. Had he run a mid 4.5, like I expect Rhodes to run, its a different ball game.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 12:58 AM
Prince also ran sub 4.4. Had he run a mid 4.5, like I expect Rhodes to run, its a different ball game.

No , it isnt. they are very similar prospects with almost identical skillsets coming out of college. You say we wouldnt draft 1 based on his skillset, yet we have already by drafting the other.

So now it ia about 40 time? Which btw, hasnt even been run yet. Nobody knows what Rhodes will run right now. Remember, prior to the combine people questioned Prince's speed. We will know more when we see what Rhodes runs. If anything I think Rhodes is a better prospect coming out that Prince was, but his past knee surgery will likely have him fall to the later part of the 1st as it adds risk to him as a prospect.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:05 AM
No , it isnt. they are very similar prospects with almost identical skillsets coming out of college. You say we wouldnt draft 1 based on his skillset, yet we have already by drafting the other.

I dont think they are similar, other than they are both over 6' and both play a lot in man coverage.

Prince is much looser in the hips and runs better. Rhodes is more physical, more of a hitter but does not turn as easily as Prince, and doesnt have as good recovery speed.

Rhodes may have the upside of a Richard Sherman type, but he will need to learn to be as good with the grabbing and getting away with it. Thats how the heavier CBs without great speed are going to survive in the NFL.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 01:20 AM
I dont think they are similar, other than they are both over 6' and both play a lot in man coverage.

Prince is much looser in the hips and runs better. Rhodes is more physical, more of a hitter but does not turn as easily as Prince, and doesnt have as good recovery speed.

Rhodes is bigger at 6'1 217 than Prince. You have no idea of his speed until the combine.

He has been as dominant as any college corner over the last couple years. He has shut down some pretty big name guys.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:31 AM
Rhodes is bigger at 6'1 217 than Prince. You have no idea of his speed until the combine.

He has been as dominant as any college corner over the last couple years. He has shut down some pretty big name guys.

I know Rhodes is bigger. By perhaps 2" and 10 or so pounds. But that is not inherently a positive.

And I'm basing his speed on how I see him play. He grabs a lot instead of just running with guys. To me that shows he doesn't have great speed.

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 01:38 AM

So now it ia about 40 time? Which btw, hasnt even been run yet. Nobody knows what Rhodes will run right now. Remember, prior to the combine people questioned Prince's speed. We will know more when we see what Rhodes runs. If anything I think Rhodes is a better prospect coming out that Prince was, but his past knee surgery will likely have him fall to the later part of the 1st as it adds risk to him as a prospect.Yeah I disagree that they are very similar Prince has a lot looser hips than Rhodes. Rhodes is more physical,better press man corner.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM
I know Rhodes is bigger. By perhaps 2" and 10 or so pounds. But that is not inherently a positive.

And I'm basing his speed on how I see him play. He grabs a lot instead of just running with guys. To me that shows he doesn't have great speed.

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers.

Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM

As far as shutting guys down in college. That's all well and good. But CBs get away with a lot more in college. And they don't have to spend as much time isolated against exceptionally fast receivers. Size helps for some things hinders others he isnt an athlete like Patrick Peterson. I dont think he can get away with all that grabbing all the way down the field in the NFL

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 01:43 AM
Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes. Thats for sure he really gives receivers fits on the line.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:46 AM
Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes.

Which is why I think he would be perfect for a cover 2 team. Could mug receivers at the line. Wouldn't have to turn and run with them. And the corners in a C2 spend a lot of time defending the run too. Which is where his size and tackling can be a huge asset.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 01:47 AM
Thats for sure he really gives receivers fits on the line.

Thats what I like about him for us.

It is no secret that teams used the 3 step drop on us all year to defeat our passrush and we lacked the ability to do something about it . I like Rhodes for that purpose.

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Btw, I said it before but I am going to bring it up again after his game tonight, I think if Lonie Pryor goes to a team with an innovative offense, he could be a steal this draft. Dcoords cannot ignore him in the backfield like they do most Fullbacks.

slipknottin
01-02-2013, 01:50 AM
If mingo and Montgomery stay in school, how many Nfl QBs retire next year before the draft?

Clowney, Van Noy, Mingo, Tuitt, Crichton. Imagine if Werner stayed in school too. Lol

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 01:54 AM
If mingo and Montgomery stay in school, how many Nfl QBs retire next year before the draft?

Clowney, Van Noy, Mingo, Tuitt, Crichton. Imagine if Werner stayed in school too. Lol

I would almost suggest trading our 1st for another next year if that happened. Dreams are good to have i guess.

nycsportzfan
01-02-2013, 12:06 PM
lol I remember arguing with NYCsportsfan about how you couldn't compare Lynch's season to Manziel b/c of level of competition and they just showed a stat how NI had the weakest strenght of schedule in college football.....Its showing too, because although lynch has had a few nice moments, he's been largely outmatched. Ya, but lets take a minute and think what Florida st is working with on the defensive side of the ball, and what Jordan Lynch is working with on the NORTHERN ILLINOIS offensive line..lol I mean, can u say mismatch??lol

Lets also, remember what Johnny Manziel had on his side offensivley.. A freakish future 1st rd WR in Mike Evans, a 2012 2nd-3rd RD WR in Swope, 3 increidble RB's , with most likeley 2 ending up in the NFL, 1 if not 2 TOP 10 OT's...etc Let me say that part again.. NOT 1 BUT POSSIBLY 2 TOP 10 OT's..

I think if u put Jordan Lynch at Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel at Northern Illiniois, Jordan Lynch is the Heisman Winner, just as it worked out this way..

U act like Johnny Manziel did it all on his own or something.. Hes basically got a future NFL roster hes playing with.. The only guy going to be playing on Sundays for No Illinois offense is Martel Moore possibly, as a mid to late RD WR...

What do u think Manziel would of done last night if he faced FLORIDA ST's defense with No Illinois OLINE??

I'll add one more thing as well.. U say Lynch played weak competiton, but yet no one else has done what he did facing the exact same competiton in the history of college football...lol

So, ur my boy, but i woulden't go using last nights game as a "i was right, and NYC was wrong" chance to much..lol

nycsportzfan
01-02-2013, 12:10 PM
Maybe your right, but until the combine we dont know. 1 thing I do know is that he absolutely dominates WRs early in the route. Moreso than Prince did, moreso than any other CB this year cept possibly milliner. For a team that likes to win with passrush he is a perfect fit since he might be the very best CB coming out this year at defending the 3 step drop quick set passes. Good input on Xavier Rhodes santaman.. I agree with everything u said... I think he'd be a nice fit opposite Prince on our team, even though his lack of ball skills is a bit worrisome.. But almost a perfect replacement for Corey Webster...

nycsportzfan
01-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Not sure what game ur watching in regards to Manuel and Rhodes....Rhodes is barely letting his guy breath out there and manuel is 21-28 for 242 and a TD in the first half, showing solid pocket awareness/movement Manuel is terrible.. I don't care if he went 60-60 last night, that guy is gonna be drafted to high if he goes in the first 4rds in my opinion.. I seriously woudllent' take that guy untill RD 5 as a project... No passing skills what so ever and makes terrible mistakes under pressure..

That entire game all Matt Millen was talking about was the time he had.. Seriously, U and I could of picked apart No Illiniois last night.. I'm only half kidding..

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Manuel is terrible.. I don't care if he went 60-60 last night, that guy is gonna be drafted to high if he goes in the first 4rds in my opinion.. I seriously woudllent' take that guy untill RD 5 as a project... No passing skills what so ever and makes terrible mistakes under pressure..

That entire game all Matt Millen was talking about was the time he had.. Seriously, U and I could of picked apart No Illiniois last night.. I'm only half kidding..

Ugh Mauel is aweful. There is so much wasted talent there. I know he is a decent kid and all, and he throws a pretty ball but there are a LOT of red flags with him, Like for 1 he has been a terrible big game QB. It is ironic because last night be became the 2nd Qb ever to win 4 bowl games, but that is misleading because, thanks in large part to him, FSU has only played mediocre bowl games over the last few years because he failed to win big games during the regular season.

Furthermore, he has a very very bad habbit of getting overexcited and overthrowing wrs...by a lot. Despite have a nice arm he throws a very poor deep ball. He does not put enough air under it when he should and he put airs under it when he should zip it. His footwork is a mess, often throwing flat footed and other times taking way too big of a throw step which leads to the overthrows. He can run well but is a fumble machine when he does and also takes too many hits that will end up as injuries in the NFL.

Lastly, his end of game management has been horribadorific throughout his career. He has almost no sense of the game clock when he should.

I seriously could go on.

There are a lot of young talented guys on FSU's offense but I do not much care for anyone coming out this year except Lonnie Pryor and Chris Thompson will be a good late selection too. Evewything else to like about FSU is on defense, there are a bunch of NFL talent guys there.

nycsportzfan
01-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Ogletree was one of the only good players on GA's defense yesterday.. Yet again leading the team in tackles, made plays behind the line, getting a sack, and also preserving the game with a big FF, and the recovery.. He missd 4games, and still had 11.5 TFL, and 3sacks to go with a team 112or so tackles, despite missing 4games.. This guys gonna be able to be moved all over the field on defense depending on down and distance and is a game changer.. A guranteed first rd pick, as i've said for wk's now.. I'd love to have em.. I think Bears snag em if he makes it past us, as Urlachers replacment..

BlueSanta
01-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Ya, but lets take a minute and think what Florida st is working with on the defensive side of the ball, and what Jordan Lynch is working with on the NORTHERN ILLINOIS offensive line..lol I mean, can u say mismatch??lol

Lets also, remember what Johnny Manziel had on his side offensivley.. A freakish future 1st rd WR in Mike Evans, a 2012 2nd-3rd RD WR in Swope, 3 increidble RB's , with most likeley 2 ending up in the NFL, 1 if not 2 TOP 10 OT's...etc Let me say that part again.. NOT 1 BUT POSSIBLY 2 TOP 10 OT's..

I think if u put Jordan Lynch at Texas A&M and Johnny Manziel at Northern Illiniois, Jordan Lynch is the Heisman Winner, just as it worked out this way..

U act like Johnny Manziel did it all on his own or something.. Hes basically got a future NFL roster hes playing with.. The only guy going to be playing on Sundays for No Illinois offense is Martel Moore possibly, as a mid to late RD WR...

What do u think Manziel would of done last night if he faced FLORIDA ST's defense with No Illinois OLINE??

I'll add one more thing as well.. U say Lynch played weak competiton, but yet no one else has done what he did facing the exact same competiton in the history of college football...lol

So, ur my boy, but i woulden't go using last nights game as a "i was right, and NYC was wrong" chance to much..lol

Yes, your point is valid. But that doesnt change the fact that Lynch looked like a high school player last night vs FSU. He was missing throws left and right. Some of them were very easy throws and he did not have pressure in his face.

I think the difference is Manziel had his signature game not just vs 1 of many good opponents but the very best opponent he faced all year. Many believe that Bama team is 1 of the greats of all time and Manziel beat em up. Yes he had help but that game was his highlight reel for the season.

Then on the other hand Lynch really only faced 1 good defense all year and he got smoked. He is a fun player to watch, but I think FSU has faced much better QBs this year. Lynch did not keep NIU in the game, his coaching staff did.

To be quite frank i was more impressed by NIU's defense and a couple of the decent players they had on that side of the ball much moreso than Lynch, who was exposed as a Rb in Qbs clothing.

Redeyejedi
01-02-2013, 08:48 PM
The guy from Patriots draft site called Matt Elam the Elaminator

myles2424
01-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Him & sharif Floyd are looking legit right now

nycsportzfan
01-03-2013, 06:59 AM
Yes, your point is valid. But that doesnt change the fact that Lynch looked like a high school player last night vs FSU. He was missing throws left and right. Some of them were very easy throws and he did not have pressure in his face.

I think the difference is Manziel had his signature game not just vs 1 of many good opponents but the very best opponent he faced all year. Many believe that Bama team is 1 of the greats of all time and Manziel beat em up. Yes he had help but that game was his highlight reel for the season.

Then on the other hand Lynch really only faced 1 good defense all year and he got smoked. He is a fun player to watch, but I think FSU has faced much better QBs this year. Lynch did not keep NIU in the game, his coaching staff did.

To be quite frank i was more impressed by NIU's defense and a couple of the decent players they had on that side of the ball much moreso than Lynch, who was exposed as a Rb in Qbs clothing. Ya, he certainly wasen't good, thats for sure.. BUt he also had pressure the entire game.. Also, he had no run game what so ever, and Florida St was getting pressure rushing 4guys like nothing.. There was a few throws he should of made, but overall, there was nothing he was gonna be able to do with his oline being overpowered like that.. It was the biggest mismatch in any unit in any bowl game this season..

THe reason northern illinois didn't do anything offensivley, is because there offense is Jordan Lynch, and if he dosen't have crazy games, they aren't that good.. Regardless of level of competiton, no one has done what hes done this yr, facing the exact same level of competiton..

Manziel was awesome, theres no doubt, but u certainly gotta take in to account hes got 2 TOP TEN OT"s, and future NFL rb's, and 2Future NFL WR's, and a insane defense loaded with prospects.. Put JOhnny Manziel on No Illinios, and i believe Florida St wins still..

But Jordan Lynch certainlhy didn't play well. Also, i was probably wrong about Lynch for Heisman, but i was just trying to point out all the facts, instead of just clear as day i was wrong...

Redeyejedi
01-03-2013, 08:06 AM
Good input on Xavier Rhodes santaman.. I agree with everything u said... I think he'd be a nice fit opposite Prince on our team, even though his lack of ball skills is a bit worrisome.. But almost a perfect replacement for Corey Webster... He is a good fit if they change the way they call games. He isnt a good fit for how the Giants called the games this year. If they are willing to play a lot more physical coverages then yes Prince and him would be a slam dunk. Thing is u switch to that primarily where does Hosley fit because being a physical press corner is not at all what Jayron Hosley is. He fits the style the Giants were calling this year. He could be used as a situational player which is fine but if 1 of the top corners gets hurts u better have another guy that fits that physical style and right now the Giants dont have those guys. Michael Coe could play physical match up corner but we let him go which was really stupid I think.

BlueSanta
01-03-2013, 10:00 AM

It will be interesting to see this spring. If you go by and on field performance, then Elam is the best safety coming out and should be the 1st safety taken. If you add measuarbles and "potential" into this mix then you get some other names.

Redeyejedi
01-03-2013, 08:33 PM
Dion Jordan scored the 2 point conversion on a pitch out

Redeyejedi
01-03-2013, 08:56 PM
Man Dion Jordan could be a special player getting 10 yards on his zone drops really impressive for a guy that size.

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 07:19 AM
He is a good fit if they change the way they call games. He isnt a good fit for how the Giants called the games this year. If they are willing to play a lot more physical coverages then yes Prince and him would be a slam dunk. Thing is u switch to that primarily where does Hosley fit because being a physical press corner is not at all what Jayron Hosley is. He fits the style the Giants were calling this year. He could be used as a situational player which is fine but if 1 of the top corners gets hurts u better have another guy that fits that physical style and right now the Giants dont have those guys. Michael Coe could play physical match up corner but we let him go which was really stupid I think. U and Slip both were saying Hosley was a much more physical CB then his size indicated last yr, when i brought up the fact the GIANTS just prooved they might covet size at the CB positon, but certainly don't hinder there picks on only that..

Can't have it both ways my friend..

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 07:22 AM
Dion Sims has offically declared.. I think Sims is basically Martellus Bennett when Bennett came out, with much potential and elite size/blocking ability, and solid recieving ability .. Keyword of course is potential, but i just find it funny how so many prospects can mirror other prospects from yrs past almost identically.. Dion Sims would be a nice cheaper alternative to Bennett in my opinion.. Woulden't mind the GIANTS trading up for a EX 3rd rder and selecting Dion Sims after they use there 3rd rder on another player..

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Whats everyones take on Trevardo Williams OLB UCONN? Walts partner Charlie Campbell mocked em to us in RD3 of his latest draft, is why i'm curious.. Williams burst on the scene this past season for UCONN with double digit sack total, and basically is a pass rusher with limited pass coverege skills, but weight about 234lbs, which is to light for outside in a 3/4..

Do u think Williams could fit at SLB in a 4/3? Would be nice to have a guy who can rush the passer from the LB positon..

Carter.525
01-04-2013, 07:58 AM
Man Dion Jordan could be a special player getting 10 yards on his zone drops really impressive for a guy that size.

some usually slips.. maybe it will be Jordan..?

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 08:13 AM
U and Slip both were saying Hosley was a much more physical CB then his size indicated last yr, when i brought up the fact the GIANTS just prooved they might covet size at the CB positon, but certainly don't hinder there picks on only that..

Can't have it both ways my friend.. He plays bigger than his size the way he throws his body around and competes but Jayron Hosley isnt a press man corner. He is better playing off and breaking on the ball.

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 01:15 PM
speaking of Rhodes new video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PBZzYCQVdgs

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 04:07 PM
U doing that same mock u did last yr redeye with someone reppin every team and it goes 7rds? That was fun to follow along with ya..

nycsportzfan
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
A super underated prospect is Leon McFadden CB San Diego St.. That kid can play and was awesome in the bowl game.. I would love landing him in rd 3.. He'd be a great fit with New York , i believe...

Micah Hyde is a guy that reminds me of a giants pick.. Every yr theres guys that feel like a certain taems type of draft pick, and i could picture Micah Hyde in RD 3 for us.. Same with Sylvester Williams..

Redeyejedi
01-04-2013, 06:37 PM
U doing that same mock u did last yr redeye with someone reppin every team and it goes 7rds? That was fun to follow along with ya..Im sure I will

TheEnigma
01-04-2013, 07:02 PM
Any word on Rod Sweeting from Georgia Tech on how he played recently? I wasn't able to catch their game. From the few games I saw, he looked like a decent middle round prospect.

TheEnigma
01-04-2013, 09:16 PM
Jake Matthews is returning to school for the 2013 season. He wants to have a full year of tape at LT.

juice33s
01-04-2013, 09:26 PM
Jake Matthews is returning to school for the 2013 season. He wants to have a full year of tape at LT.
I don't even think Manziel needs a left tackle, he's got eyes in the back of his head

nycsportzfan
01-05-2013, 08:45 AM
I don't even think Manziel needs a left tackle, he's got eyes in the back of his head We'll see when Matthews and Joeckl are both gone, how much they mean or meant to Manziel.. Its easy to say that when hes got 2of the top 10players in the country on his oline.. Thats pretty insane..

juice33s
01-05-2013, 02:43 PM
We'll see when Matthews and Joeckl are both gone, how much they mean or meant to Manziel.. Its easy to say that when hes got 2of the top 10players in the country on his oline.. Thats pretty insane..
Manziel might be the most elusive QB I've ever seen, the quickness, speed, agility, feel and vision are all exceptional ....That being said, I think we should enjoy this guy while we can. He's way too small to play as reckless as he does. I think his injuries will start to come fast and furious, if not in college, then when he makes its it to the NFL. I've never seen a QB hold on to the ball as long as Manziel does in the pocket, I don't even think he knows what throwing it away means and when he scrambles it seems he's always looking for ways to pick up that extra yard or two and could care less about getting down.

nycsportzfan
01-06-2013, 10:49 AM
Manziel might be the most elusive QB I've ever seen, the quickness, speed, agility, feel and vision are all exceptional ....That being said, I think we should enjoy this guy while we can. He's way too small to play as reckless as he does. I think his injuries will start to come fast and furious, if not in college, then when he makes its it to the NFL. I've never seen a QB hold on to the ball as long as Manziel does in the pocket, I don't even think he knows what throwing it away means and when he scrambles it seems he's always looking for ways to pick up that extra yard or two and could care less about getting down. Thats what i'm talking about.. U said it perfectly when u said "he holds the ball for way to long".. hes only able to do that becasue of the talent at OT he has.. Sure, hes elusive, but u could count the pressures Mathews and Joeckl have allowed basically on one hand!

Manziel is a awesome College QB, i don't know if its gonna translate, as u said..

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Ummm where did my film room thread go

BlueSanta
01-06-2013, 05:36 PM
Ummm where did my film room thread go I still see it. Heh would be like the french revolution around here if they took that thing away.

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 07:11 PM
Thats what i'm talking about.. U said it perfectly when u said "he holds the ball for way to long".. hes only able to do that becasue of the talent at OT he has.. Sure, hes elusive, but u could count the pressures Mathews and Joeckl have allowed basically on one hand!

Manziel is a awesome College QB, i don't know if its gonna translate, as u said.. Yeah i dont think so we shall see has at most 3 more years

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 07:12 PM
RG3 knee is done .Had a feeling this would happen

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 07:48 PM
How about this tweet
Michael Tanier ‏@MikeTanier
Every time RG3 gets knocked out of a game, three #1 picks get knocked out of the game.

Redeyejedi
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Seems to be a perception that Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) has announced he won't enter 2013 NFL draft. That's simply not true.

nycsportzfan
01-06-2013, 11:23 PM
Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout
Seems to be a perception that Jake Matthews (Texas A&M) has announced he won't enter 2013 NFL draft. That's simply not true. Jake Mathews is my dream pick for us, if hes coming out.. I'd trade up to pick 13or so if he was on the board to grab em...

nycsportzfan
01-06-2013, 11:28 PM
A guy i mocked to us way back and mentioned a couple times Mark Jackson OT Glenville St is gonna be in the East/West Shrine game, so we'll be able to see what hes got against good comp.... A 6ft 6in 320plus beast with what looks like really long arms.. Jackson was a onetime recruit of the Illinois Fighting Illini..

nycsportzfan
01-06-2013, 11:46 PM
Some good players to check out for the east west shrine game...

Sio Moore OLB Uconn
Gerald Hodges OLB Penn St.
Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina
Rod Sweeting CB Ga Tech
Earl Wolff S Nc State(stud underrated Saftey prospect)
Emory Blake WR Auburn
Omergerie Uzzi G Ga Tech
Mark Jackson T Glenville St.
Earl Watford G James Madison(sleeper i like)

WEST players of intrest...

Josh Boyd DT Miss St.(i like him alot)
Terry Hawthorne CB Illinois
Shamarko Thomas S Syracuse
Duke Williams S Nevada
Khalid Wooten CB Nevada(sleeper of mine)
Craig Roh DE Michigan
Nigel Malone CB Kansas St.
Zach Line RB SMU
Rex Burkhead RB Nebraska
Blaize Foltz G TCU(i like him)
Joseph Fauria TE UCLA
Theo Rid**** RB Notre Dame
Sean Renfree QB Duke( I like this kid as a sleeper)
Tanner Hawkinson OT Kansas(straight steal for someone if he goes past rd 5)
Matt Scott QB Arizona(intriguing prospect)

Sean Montemayor
01-06-2013, 11:50 PM
One day Texas A&M's freshman QB Johnny Manziel will be epic in the NFL.

Sean Montemayor
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
He's not ready to join the NFL just quite yet however.

slipknottin
01-06-2013, 11:56 PM
Wreh-Wilson from Uconn will be at the senior bowl too. He's a very talented CB with good size. Could go as high as the 2nd round.

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 12:23 AM
Wreh-Wilson from Uconn will be at the senior bowl too. He's a very talented CB with good size. Could go as high as the 2nd round. Ya, i like Wreh-Wilson myself.. I also like Sio Moore OLB UCONN as well..

Slip, u should check out Khalid Wooten CB Nevada.. I think u would like him as a sleeper.. Hes 6ft 200lbs with ball skills and he can make tackles in space by himself.. I like him alot.. Can't wait to see how he looks at shrine game..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 12:26 AM
Any word on Rod Sweeting from Georgia Tech on how he played recently? I wasn't able to catch their game. From the few games I saw, he looked like a decent middle round prospect. I like em as well, and he had a solid if not spectacular season.. Don't know how he did in the bowl game though.. I like em as a mid rder if we hold off, but he needs to gain a few lbs, because we need more size on outside, as Hosley should be Nickel..

A guy whos a really sick CB prospect very few talk about is Jamar Adams CB Boise St.. He can hit, tackle, and man up... Hes a stud!

juice33s
01-07-2013, 03:44 AM
I like em as well, and he had a solid if not spectacular season.. Don't know how he did in the bowl game though.. I like em as a mid rder if we hold off, but he needs to gain a few lbs, because we need more size on outside, as Hosley should be Nickel..

A guy whos a really sick CB prospect very few talk about is Jamar Adams CB Boise St.. He can hit, tackle, and man up... Hes a stud!
I think you mean Jamar Taylor?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6aX8S1VPU

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 08:45 AM
I think you mean Jamar Taylor?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t6aX8S1VPU I get him confused with Jamar Adams all the time!!!lol Yes, that is who i mean, thanks..lol

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 10:44 AM
Manti Te'o
Tyler Eifert
Braxston Cave
Bennett Jackson
Zeke Motta
Louis Nix
Cierre Wood
Theo Rid****
Kapron Lewis-Moore
Stephon Tuitt
Prince Shembo

Barrett Jones
DJ Fluker
Robert Lester
CJ Mosley
Demarcus Milliner
Eddie Lacy
TJ Yeldon
AJ McCarron
Michael Williams
Chance Warmack
Nico Johnson
Quentin Dial
Cyrus Kouandjio

NEED I SAY MORE????lol Should make a milk commercial and say "got prospects?" for this one! I can't freaking wait!

COME ON ND! Make me proud!!! I need to cross one of my teams off my list of teams that are my fave's that i haven't seen win it all yet! Notre Dame football, Knicks Basketball, and UMASS Hoops are the only 3 i haven't seen happen.. Something tells me i only have a chance for 2of the 3 in my lifetime.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Manti Te'o
Tyler Eifert
Braxston Cave
Bennett Jackson
Zeke Motta
Louis Nix
Cierre Wood
Theo Rid****
Kapron Lewis-Moore
Stephon Tuitt
Prince Shembo

Barrett Jones
DJ Fluker
Robert Lester
CJ Mosley
Demarcus Milliner
Eddie Lacy
TJ Yeldon
AJ McCarron
Michael Williams
Chance Warmack
Nico Johnson
Quentin Dial
Cyrus Kouandjio

NEED I SAY MORE????lol Should make a milk commercial and say "got prospects?" for this one! I can't freaking wait!

COME ON ND! Make me proud!!! I need to cross one of my teams off my list of teams that are my fave's that i haven't seen win it all yet! Notre Dame football, Knicks Basketball, and UMASS Hoops are the only 3 i haven't seen happen.. Something tells me i only have a chance for 2of the 3 in my lifetime.
1 guy from this game who do u take? I think Id take Tuitt

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 12:09 PM
1 guy from this game who do u take? I think Id take Tuitt

yea, no doubt about it. Tuitt could go #2 overall. Behind Clowney.

juice33s
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
yea, no doubt about it. Tuitt could go #2 overall. Behind Clowney.
I think Cyrus Kuandijo has the makings of a top 5 Left tackle, he already unseated an All-American from that spot as just a true Sophomore. He was also the number 2 recruit in the nation behind Clowney

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 03:59 PM
#Ravens announce that they have cut LB Sergio Kindle from the practice squad.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 04:06 PM
LSU, every Junior is declaring its nuts

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
1 guy from this game who do u take? I think Id take Tuitt That is tough! I'd either go Manti or Milliner i think? But Tuitt would be up there, thats for sure...

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 05:39 PM
Jelani Jenkins is going pro.. Wow, i wasen't expecting him to jump.. THought he could of showed more on the field before going pro..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Did u guys see Earl Thomas over the weekend? Dude was making plays at the line of scrimmage(2really nice plays) and showed his center field capabilities with a pick... Another Pro Bowl season for em as well.. Thank god we got JPP, becuase being so close to Earl Thomas and Mike Iupati for that matter, would of stung if we didn't have a great pick ourselves..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM
LSU, every Junior is declaring its nuts Seems like just about every JR is going pro everywhere.. Very few guys going back, which makes this a much deeper draft then anticipated and makes me wonder if its a better idea to trade down and accumulate additional picks? On top of that, 2teams are missing there 2nd rd picks and no one is getting them, being Saints and Browns..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 06:57 PM
Another player on the seahawks that kills me to see is KJ Wright.. I loved him as a sleeper and future SLB for us, and hes turning into a stud.. I had many hopes of Akeem Ayers or KJ Wright manning the SLB positon for us... Seahawks are loaded with guys i wanted on defense.. Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas, Kj Wright, Jaye Howard, Winston Guy... Add in Golden Tate, Russell Wilson, John Moffitt, Max Unger on offense, and its loaded with players i liked..

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
I think Cyrus Kuandijo has the makings of a top 5 Left tackle, he already unseated an All-American from that spot as just a true Sophomore. He was also the number 2 recruit in the nation behind Clowney Ya Cyrus is insane.. I might take him if i rethought my answer..

Kuandjio, Te'O, Milliner, Tuitt, Mosley would be my order...

tdawg1413
01-07-2013, 09:03 PM
Warmack is sooo good. I dont think he will but if he falls to us, the pick should be in within seconds.

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 09:16 PM
Warmack is sooo good. I dont think he will but if he falls to us, the pick should be in within seconds. Ya, hes freaking insane! Just a RD GRADER! Ya, i think i'm starting to lean toward Warmack the more and more i watch this game.. Is Tuitt even playing this game?

Also, i'm more and more willing to trade down when i see the Jr's continue to declare and knowing the kinda quality we'll be able to pick end of RD 1 and with extra picks.. i mean, Barrett Jones looks good as well, and could be had at the back end of RD 1 with so many prospects coming out... Thats pretty good...

nycsportzfan
01-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Man, this is little league vs major leagues in this nat champ game.. I really thought ND would be competitive.. This stinks!

gmen0820
01-07-2013, 09:22 PM
Another player on the seahawks that kills me to see is KJ Wright.. I loved him as a sleeper and future SLB for us, and hes turning into a stud.. I had many hopes of Akeem Ayers or KJ Wright manning the SLB positon for us... Seahawks are loaded with guys i wanted on defense.. Bobby Wagner, Earl Thomas, Kj Wright, Jaye Howard, Winston Guy... Add in Golden Tate, Russell Wilson, John Moffitt, Max Unger on offense, and its loaded with players i liked..I was soooooo pissed when they took Moffit.

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 09:39 PM
Man, this is little league vs major leagues in this nat champ game.. I really thought ND would be competitive.. This stinks!Sux the season is ending like this . Im surprised the ND Front 7 has been this over powered

Redeyejedi
01-07-2013, 09:40 PM
ND is making really stupid plays. Why field the punt at the 3 yard line its a line drive

tdawg1413
01-07-2013, 10:55 PM
Also, Eddie Lacy is ridiculous. IMO, he is just as good as T-Rich. Probably a little less speed but he has better vision. He will be the best RB in the class. He reminds me of a young Ottis Anderson.

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Anyone really surprised by this game?

slipknottin
01-07-2013, 11:01 PM
Anyone really surprised by this game?

I thought notre dame could tackle better than this

I still think Nix and Tuitt are top 5 picks. Teo is a mid-late first and a starter. But not a dominant player like so many people thought.

Buddy333
01-07-2013, 11:10 PM
Eh, maybe, but that OL is dominating their entire defense. This is a great audition for them going into he NFL.

Imgrate
01-07-2013, 11:18 PM
Who is the nix from Kent st

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 05:44 AM
heres the list of under class men to declare there going pro so far.. Its a monster list and has this draft as deep as i've seen in some time.. Also don't forget there are 2teams missing picks in 2nd rd with browns using theres in supplamental and saints for bounty gate losing theres...

QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee (QB#7, Overall #60) Blog | Player Profile

RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina (RB #1, Overall #41) Blog | Player Profile
RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina (RB #6, Overall #88) Blog | Player Profile
RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan State (RB #8, Overall #107) Blog | Player Profile
RB Jawan Jamison, Rutgers (RB #10, Overall #130) Blog | Player Profile
RB Knile Davis, Arkansas (RB #25, Overall #371) Blog | Player Profile
RB Spencer Ware, LSU (RB #26, Overall #382) Blog | Player Profile
RB Michael Ford, LSU
RB Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada (RB #27, Overall #389) Player Profile
RB Trabis Ward, Tennessee State (RB #44, Overall #575) Player Profile

WR Keenan Allen, California (WR #1, Overall #16) Blog | Player Profile
WR Robert Woods, Southern Cal (WR#4, Overall #31) Blog | Player Profile
WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee (WR #5, Overall #37) Blog | Player Profile
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee (WR#7, Overall #47) Player Profile
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (WR #8, Overall #50) Blog | Player Profile
WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia (WR#13, Overall #93) Player Profile
WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma (WR #14, Overall #99) Blog | Player Profile

TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame (TE #1, Overall #23) Blog | Player Profile
TE Zach Ertz, Stanford (TE #2, Overall #39) Player Profile
TE Jordan Reed, Florida (TE #3, Overall #76) Blog | Player Profile
TE Dion Sims, Michigan State (TE #5, Overall #112) Blog | Player Profile
TE Gavin Escobar, San Diego State (TE #7, Overall #145) Player Profile
TE Levine Toilolo, Stanford (TE #8) Player Profile

OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse (OT #10, Overall #83) Player Profile

OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (OG #5, Overall #118) Player Profile

OC Travis Frederick, Wisconsin (OC #2, Overall #59) Blog | Player Profile

DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State (DE #1, Overall #2) Player Profile
DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (DE #2, Overall #6) Blog | Player Profile
DE Sam Montgomery, LSU (DE #3, Overall #7) Player Profile
DE Corey Lemonier, Auburn (DE #10, Overall #82) Blog | Player Profile
DE William Gholston, Michigan State (DE #13, Overall #117) Blog | Player Profile
DE Joe Kruger, Utah (DE #17, Overall #166) Player Profile

DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (DT #2, Overall #14) Blog | Player Profile
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri (DT #3, Overall #17) Blog | Player Profile
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida (DT #6, Overall #38) Blog | Player Profile
DT Akeem Spence, Illinois (DT #9, Overall #90) Blog | Player Profile
DT Bennie Logan, LSU (DT # 10, Overall #101) Player Profile

LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia (OLB #1, Overall #3) Blog | Player Profile
LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU (OLB #2, Overall #7) Player Profile
LB Kevin Minter, LSU (ILB #2, Overall #24) Blog | Player Profile
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia (ILB #3, Overall #81) Blog | Player Profile
LB Jelani Jenkins, Florida (OLB #10, Overall #103) Player Profile

CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State (CB #2, Overall #19) Blog | Player Profile
CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers (CB #6, Overall #61) Blog | Player Profile
CB David Amerson, NC State (CB #8, Overall #83) Player Profile
CB Tharold Simon, LSU (CB #12, Overall #121) Blog | Player Profile
CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU (CB #23, Overall #187) Blog | Player Profile
CB Mike Edwards, Hawaii (CB #27, Overall #219) Blog | Player Profile

S Matt Elam, Florida (SS #1, Overall #24) Blog | Player Profile
S Eric Reid, LSU (FS #1, Overall #33) Blog | Player Profile
S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (FS #4, Overall #84) Blog | Player Profile

P Brad Wing, LSU (P #1, Overall #162) Blog | Player Profile

Current Underclassmen Total:

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 06:12 AM
My Mock with all the new jr's declaring and draft order being more clear and college season being over would be like this as of now...

Picking 19th overall..

1). Ezekiahl Ansah DE BYU- I think Warmack will be gone, and its a toss up between Ogletree, Ansah, and Fisher as to who i would draft here.. I went with Ansah, becuase we might just have a shot at Minter in RD 2, and DE drops off signicantly after early rd's...

2). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Just flat out dominated his bowl game, and is a sensational physical LB who would be our first legit LB prospect in quite some time that we drafted, outside of Sintim, who some debated even then, that he was more of a 3/4 guy.. Greene brings attitude to defense, and playmaking ability...

3). Levine Toilolo TE Stanford- Finally, i think we have our future TE and one who is worthy of keeping around for yrs to come, and has size to be a force as a blocker and the pass catching skills to be one of ELI's better weapons.. Easily would of been a 2nd rder, had he returned, so i like the value..

4). Darius Slay CB Miss St.- Hes quietly moving up draft boards, and rightfully so.. Hes got great size, athletic ability, speed combanation, and if not for Jon Banks, would be more well known around the country..

5). Blaize Foltz G TCU- A solid player with good size and expierence.. Foltz did a nice job for the horned frogs this past season and would be solid value mid 5th rd, and i believe he has starters potential..

6). Earl Wolff SS NC State- One of my sleepers from start of season, when i coulden't believe most mock sites had em as a 7th rd- UDF type pick.. Now hes moved up to 5-6 range, and its about time the leader of the NC ST secondary(yes, it is him and not amerson) is getting some respect.. Santaman also likes Wolff, and if u watch em, he plays smart and savy, can hit, and seems to always be around the ball..

7). Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas- I like this kid as a 3rd down back, who can catch , and do diffrent things for ya.. Short and stocky build similar to the doug martins, and MJD's, i believe he would make a nice comp back for David WIlson going forward..

tdawg1413
01-08-2013, 08:34 AM
My Mock with all the new jr's declaring and draft order being more clear and college season being over would be like this as of now...

Picking 19th overall..

1). Ezekiahl Ansah DE BYU- I think Warmack will be gone, and its a toss up between Ogletree, Ansah, and Fisher as to who i would draft here.. I went with Ansah, becuase we might just have a shot at Minter in RD 2, and DE drops off signicantly after early rd's...

2). Khaseem Greene OLB Rutgers- Just flat out dominated his bowl game, and is a sensational physical LB who would be our first legit LB prospect in quite some time that we drafted, outside of Sintim, who some debated even then, that he was more of a 3/4 guy.. Greene brings attitude to defense, and playmaking ability...

3). Levine Toilolo TE Stanford- Finally, i think we have our future TE and one who is worthy of keeping around for yrs to come, and has size to be a force as a blocker and the pass catching skills to be one of ELI's better weapons.. Easily would of been a 2nd rder, had he returned, so i like the value..

4). Darius Slay CB Miss St.- Hes quietly moving up draft boards, and rightfully so.. Hes got great size, athletic ability, speed combanation, and if not for Jon Banks, would be more well known around the country..

5). Blaize Foltz G TCU- A solid player with good size and expierence.. Foltz did a nice job for the horned frogs this past season and would be solid value mid 5th rd, and i believe he has starters potential..

6). Earl Wolff SS NC State- One of my sleepers from start of season, when i coulden't believe most mock sites had em as a 7th rd- UDF type pick.. Now hes moved up to 5-6 range, and its about time the leader of the NC ST secondary(yes, it is him and not amerson) is getting some respect.. Santaman also likes Wolff, and if u watch em, he plays smart and savy, can hit, and seems to always be around the ball..

7). Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas- I like this kid as a 3rd down back, who can catch , and do diffrent things for ya.. Short and stocky build similar to the doug martins, and MJD's, i believe he would make a nice comp back for David WIlson going forward..

Excellent mock. I am not a big Ansah fan and thats the only pick I would change. I think Okafor would be there with Ansah and I think he will be the better pro despite having less athletic tools. Also, I don't think Dennis Johnson would be there in the 7th but this mock would be very good.

Kruunch
01-08-2013, 04:25 PM

Picking 19th overall..

No DT?

And I seriously doubt we pick a TE in the first three picks.

I also don't think we pick a LB until the 4th or later unless there is some amazing value.

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 10:52 PM
No DT?

And I seriously doubt we pick a TE in the first three picks.

I also don't think we pick a LB until the 4th or later unless there is some amazing value. I don't know man.. LB is a huge need for us, and Greene is everything we lack in a LB.. Hes physical, can make plays, tackles well..etc THis guy is a borderline 1st rd talent, and i think this is the yr we scoop up one of hte top LB's as its such a weak spot with so little in the way of young talent, that we need to do something.. Greene is a solid value pick and i see him as at least as good as Bobby Wagner and Lavonte David, who were both 2nd rd picks...

nycsportzfan
01-08-2013, 10:54 PM
Excellent mock. I am not a big Ansah fan and thats the only pick I would change. I think Okafor would be there with Ansah and I think he will be the better pro despite having less athletic tools. Also, I don't think Dennis Johnson would be there in the 7th but this mock would be very good. Thanks man! I woulden't be so sure that Dennis JOhnson will be gone.. Theres quite a few RB's out there this yr, and alot of times teams will start picking there own guys(surprise picks) in the mid to late rds, letting guys like Johnson possibly fall.. Talking about guys like Kevin Boss, Jaquain Williams, and stuff like that.. Surprise names ur not really familiar with but teams get to know because of scouting.. Theres always a ton of players in the late rds whos still left that ur surprised about.. I'm not 2 sure Dennis Johnson's stock is so high we can be sure he won't last untill the 7th..

But we shall see.. Ya, i really like this mock as well...

Carter.525
01-08-2013, 11:18 PM
unless Warmack or Banks slips.. I want Ansah, Okafor or Montgomery in that order.. at #19

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 12:51 AM
unless Warmack or Banks slips.. I want Ansah, Okafor or Montgomery in that order.. at #19 Thats a nice big board u have presented.. Montgomery dosen't get enough love around here.. Hes long, athletic, agile, gets to the QB(8sacks), despite so many around em able to also do so, and he comes from great program.. I would have no issues at all if Montgomery was the pick...

TO be honest, theres not to many guys i think we'll be in line to get , that i would mind if we drafted.. I would think Eifert would not be the best draft pick now, but more so becuase TE has gotten deep and its not 100pct certain Eifert is better then Ertz anyways.. Matt Elam would bum me out, because again, saftey is extrmely deep, and i see no need falling in love with one of em, when there are so many talented ones out there..

Those are about teh only 2 that could really bum me out that i could even see us remotley show intrest in.. I have no problem with warmack, ansah, okafor, banks, fisher, ogletree, or montgomery..

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 01:04 AM

Picking 19th overall..

7). Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas- I like this kid as a 3rd down back, who can catch , and do diffrent things for ya.. Short and stocky build similar to the doug martins, and MJD's, i believe he would make a nice comp back for David WIlson going forward.. Just got done reading WALTS mock draft that came out late this afternoon, and he added a 4th rd this wk as well.. He has the first 2 picks being the exact same as mine, and he does have a CB going to us in RD 4, except its Leon McFadden and not Darius Slay..lol I'd opt for McFadden myself in RD 4 over Slay if hes on the board... McFadden is one of my favorite CB prospects and reminds me of a guy i loved last yr who i thought was wy more talented then draft boards seemed to think, and that was Casey Hayward of Vandy and now the Packers...

Walts first four picks to us are

1) Ez Ansah DE BYU
2) Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
3) Everette Dawkins DT Florida St.
4).Leon McFadden CB San Diego St. (this mock completely bolsters are defense big time and i love the picks outside of Dawkins who isee as more of a mid rder then anyhting else)..

juice33s
01-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Just got done reading WALTS mock draft that came out late this afternoon, and he added a 4th rd this wk as well.. He has the first 2 picks being the exact same as mine, and he does have a CB going to us in RD 4, except its Leon McFadden and not Darius Slay..lol I'd opt for McFadden myself in RD 4 over Slay if hes on the board... McFadden is one of my favorite CB prospects and reminds me of a guy i loved last yr who i thought was wy more talented then draft boards seemed to think, and that was Casey Hayward of Vandy and now the Packers...

Walts first four picks to us are

1) Ez Ansah DE BYU
2) Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
3) Everette Dawkins DT Florida St.
4).Leon McFadden CB San Diego St. (this mock completely bolsters are defense big time and i love the picks outside of Dawkins who isee as more of a mid rder then anyhting else)..
With who Walt has avaiable I'll go:
1. Ansah
2. Xavier Rhodes
3. Brennan Williams
4. Travis Kelce

juice33s
01-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Very interesting Oline prospect turning pro in Menelik Watson. The guy's a former D1 basketball player who breifly trained as a pro heavy weight boxer before turning his attention to football.The guy's 6'6" 320 and is bulit like a silver back gorrilla
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0919/rn_melinikwatson3_ms_600.jpg
Anyway, I think it's pretty safe to say this guy will test out as one of the, if not THE most athletic guy at his position

Check out this play against Miami http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1TicBpSmM

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 05:52 AM
1. Ansah
2. Xavier Rhodes
3. Brennan Williams
4. Travis Kelce Very nice indeed.. Nothing wrong with this mock , thats for sure...

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Very interesting Oline prospect turning pro in Menelik Watson. The guy's a former D1 basketball player who breifly trained as a pro heavy weight boxer before turning his attention to football.The guy's 6'6" 320 and is bulit like a silver back gorrilla
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0919/rn_melinikwatson3_ms_600.jpg
Anyway, I think it's pretty safe to say this guy will test out as one of the, if not THE most athletic guy at his position

Check out this play against Miami http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZT1TicBpSmM I can't believe hes going pro.. They were talking about it during his game like it was a no brainer on his returning.. Everyones going pro this yr!!! Great draft to add picks...

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 09:17 AM
1. Ansah
2. Xavier Rhodes
3. Brennan Williams
4. Travis Kelce
The first 2 is who Id pick . I hope if they get Rhodes Fewell will let him play physical. if he sits him back in Cover 3 all game i will end up smashing my TV.
Brennan Williams I worry about that injury and his dad doesnt like me so i dont know about that 1

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 09:58 AM
The first 2 is who Id pick . I hope if they get Rhodes Fewell will let him play physical. if he sits him back in Cover 3 all game i will end up smashing my TV.
Brennan Williams I worry about that injury and his dad doesnt like me so i dont know about that 1 Brennan Williams was perdicted by some to be a 1st rder coming into this yr, and played pretty solidly before getting hurt.. Ur getting a guy whos got all the measurables, blocked for soon to be 1st back taken in this yrs draft, and has LT potential, even though most would have em at RT.. I'd take williams all day in RD3.. Thats serious value..

Then again, Mr.Williams might demand highlight videos of Brennan from you..lol

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Brennan Williams was perdicted by some to be a 1st rder coming into this yr, and played pretty solidly before getting hurt.. Ur getting a guy whos got all the measurables, blocked for soon to be 1st back taken in this yrs draft, and has LT potential, even though most would have em at RT.. I'd take williams all day in RD3.. Thats serious value..

Then again, Mr.Williams might demand highlight videos of Brennan from you..lolI was half joking. Drafting guys that have injuries like that freak me out. Look at Tuck

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 05:40 PM
I was half joking. Drafting guys that have injuries like that freak me out. Look at Tuck Look at Tuck? He was probably one of the best bang for buck draft picks the giants have ever had in there franchises history.. Injuries freak me out as well, but sometimes the value is just far 2 great to pass up..

TheEnigma
01-09-2013, 06:38 PM
Taylor Lewan is returning to Michigan for the 2013 season. This OT class just got really thin at the top.

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 06:53 PM
Taylor Lewan is returning to Michigan for the 2013 season. This OT class just got really thin at the top.

dang.. that sucks

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
Taylor Lewan is returning to Michigan for the 2013 season. This OT class just got really thin at the top.Eric Fisher is loving life.. Pretty much knocks any chance of Fisher becoming our RT out the window.. Oh well, he was on my personal list, but its not the end of the world..

Carter.525
01-09-2013, 07:00 PM
is Kyle Van Noy (BYU, OLB) coming out?

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 07:03 PM
New Ogletree I put up today vs Nebraska

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz_eTkB-Xdo

Lane Johnson LT Oklahoma vs A&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSciUhPelqA

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 07:07 PM
is Kyle Van Noy (BYU, OLB) coming out?No Van Noy is returning

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 07:08 PM
Look at Tuck? He was probably one of the best bang for buck draft picks the giants have ever had in there franchises history.. Injuries freak me out as well, but sometimes the value is just far 2 great to pass up..Should of clarified what I meant . His shoulder injury is the same as Williams and he hasnt been the same since hurting it

TheEnigma
01-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Ryan Nassib seems like a lock to me for the Bills now since they have his HC going there for the 2013 season. Look at the success that Tannehill had in Miami with his old college coach at Texas A&M. If he does go to the Bills, don't be surprised if he has a really good rookie season.

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 08:01 PM
a guy on twitter said my Luke Joekel Video was on the front page of Yahoo.com. Thats not good

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 09:40 PM
a guy on twitter said my Luke Joekel Video was on the front page of Yahoo.com. Thats not good Why not?

Redeyejedi
01-09-2013, 10:15 PM
Why not?Dont want to much attention from ESPN

Buddy333
01-09-2013, 10:16 PM
Ogletree is a fine player but he seem a little to lean for LB.

TheEnigma
01-09-2013, 10:23 PM
Dont want to much attention from ESPN

I imagine most of the tape you have on these prospects technically belongs to ESPN so too much attention could get your account shutdown.

nycsportzfan
01-09-2013, 10:38 PM
Ogletree is a fine player but he seem a little to lean for LB. He weighs close to 240lbs though.. Also has length, so adding a few more LB's while maintaining speed and athletic ability shoulden't be that hard.. Not to mention, hes strong and can stop guys like Eddie Lacy one on one and flatten em, like he did on the goalline this past season, and pick up TJ Yeldon and drive em into the ground.. This guy is a insane talent, with upside to boot on a all ready sick player...

juice33s
01-10-2013, 02:46 AM
a guy on twitter said my Luke Joekel Video was on the front page of Yahoo.com. Thats not good
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/texas-m-ot-luke-joeckel-declares-2013-nfl-133804811--nfl.html
lol, there it is

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 05:38 AM
heres the list of under class men to declare there going pro so far.. Its a monster list and has this draft as deep as i've seen in some time.. Also don't forget there are 2teams missing picks in 2nd rd with browns using theres in supplamental and saints for bounty gate losing theres...

QB Tyler Bray, Tennessee (QB#7, Overall #60) Blog | Player Profile

RB Giovani Bernard, North Carolina (RB #1, Overall #41) Blog | Player Profile
RB Marcus Lattimore, South Carolina (RB #6, Overall #88) Blog | Player Profile
RB Le'Veon Bell, Michigan State (RB #8, Overall #107) Blog | Player Profile
RB Jawan Jamison, Rutgers (RB #10, Overall #130) Blog | Player Profile
RB Knile Davis, Arkansas (RB #25, Overall #371) Blog | Player Profile
RB Spencer Ware, LSU (RB #26, Overall #382) Blog | Player Profile
RB Michael Ford, LSU
RB Stefphon Jefferson, Nevada (RB #27, Overall #389) Player Profile
RB Trabis Ward, Tennessee State (RB #44, Overall #575) Player Profile

WR Keenan Allen, California (WR #1, Overall #16) Blog | Player Profile
WR Robert Woods, Southern Cal (WR#4, Overall #31) Blog | Player Profile
WR Cordarrelle Patterson, Tennessee (WR #5, Overall #37) Blog | Player Profile
WR Justin Hunter, Tennessee (WR#7, Overall #47) Player Profile
WR Da'Rick Rogers, Tennessee Tech (WR #8, Overall #50) Blog | Player Profile
WR Stedman Bailey, West Virginia (WR#13, Overall #93) Player Profile
WR Kenny Stills, Oklahoma (WR #14, Overall #99) Blog | Player Profile

TE Tyler Eifert, Notre Dame (TE #1, Overall #23) Blog | Player Profile
TE Zach Ertz, Stanford (TE #2, Overall #39) Player Profile
TE Jordan Reed, Florida (TE #3, Overall #76) Blog | Player Profile
TE Dion Sims, Michigan State (TE #5, Overall #112) Blog | Player Profile
TE Gavin Escobar, San Diego State (TE #7, Overall #145) Player Profile
TE Levine Toilolo, Stanford (TE #8) Player Profile

OT Justin Pugh, Syracuse (OT #10, Overall #83) Player Profile

OG Alvin Bailey, Arkansas (OG #5, Overall #118) Player Profile

OC Travis Frederick, Wisconsin (OC #2, Overall #59) Blog | Player Profile

DE Bjoern Werner, Florida State (DE #1, Overall #2) Player Profile
DE Damontre Moore, Texas A&M (DE #2, Overall #6) Blog | Player Profile
DE Sam Montgomery, LSU (DE #3, Overall #7) Player Profile
DE Corey Lemonier, Auburn (DE #10, Overall #82) Blog | Player Profile
DE William Gholston, Michigan State (DE #13, Overall #117) Blog | Player Profile
DE Joe Kruger, Utah (DE #17, Overall #166) Player Profile

DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (DT #2, Overall #14) Blog | Player Profile
DT Sheldon Richardson, Missouri (DT #3, Overall #17) Blog | Player Profile
DT Sharrif Floyd, Florida (DT #6, Overall #38) Blog | Player Profile
DT Akeem Spence, Illinois (DT #9, Overall #90) Blog | Player Profile
DT Bennie Logan, LSU (DT # 10, Overall #101) Player Profile

LB Jarvis Jones, Georgia (OLB #1, Overall #3) Blog | Player Profile
LB Barkevious Mingo, LSU (OLB #2, Overall #7) Player Profile
LB Kevin Minter, LSU (ILB #2, Overall #24) Blog | Player Profile
LB Alec Ogletree, Georgia (ILB #3, Overall #81) Blog | Player Profile
LB Jelani Jenkins, Florida (OLB #10, Overall #103) Player Profile

CB Xavier Rhodes, Florida State (CB #2, Overall #19) Blog | Player Profile
CB Logan Ryan, Rutgers (CB #6, Overall #61) Blog | Player Profile
CB David Amerson, NC State (CB #8, Overall #83) Player Profile
CB Tharold Simon, LSU (CB #12, Overall #121) Blog | Player Profile
CB Tyrann Mathieu, LSU (CB #23, Overall #187) Blog | Player Profile
CB Mike Edwards, Hawaii (CB #27, Overall #219) Blog | Player Profile

S Matt Elam, Florida (SS #1, Overall #24) Blog | Player Profile
S Eric Reid, LSU (FS #1, Overall #33) Blog | Player Profile
S Tony Jefferson, Oklahoma (FS #4, Overall #84) Blog | Player Profile

P Brad Wing, LSU (P #1, Overall #162) Blog | Player Profile

Current Underclassmen Total: Wow, more and more kids are declaring that are clearly idiots for doing so.. We can now add TOM WORT LB OKlahoma, Steve Williams CB Cal, Kwame Geathers NT GA, Josh Boyce WR TCU, Terrance Brown CB Stanford, Darrington Sentimore DE Tennesee, to the list.. Some solid prospects , but not this yr and not with the class thats out.. Some of these guys are gonna have a tough time getting drafted.. What are they thinking?

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:25 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/texas-m-ot-luke-joeckel-declares-2013-nfl-133804811--nfl.html
lol, there it is Thats bad ,I know the SEC and CBS Sports are aware and take whatever commercial money I make off Youtube but ESPN not so sure.They havent ear marked any of my videos. I dont know they probably are aware but just dont care. Probably should take it easy on Twitter ripping Skip Bayless or their Network. Ive been getting a lot of attenton the last few days for some reason. My Twitter Followers have shot up all of a sudden

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:29 AM
Wow, more and more kids are declaring that are clearly idiots for doing so.. We can now add TOM WORT LB OKlahoma, Steve Williams CB Cal, Kwame Geathers NT GA, Josh Boyce WR TCU, Terrance Brown CB Stanford, Darrington Sentimore DE Tennesee, to the list.. Some solid prospects , but not this yr and not with the class thats out.. Some of these guys are gonna have a tough time getting drafted.. What are they thinking? They all are Redshirts so they all are graduating or have graduated.I dont blame them for declaring now. Either get in to the NFL or start your life doing something else. Geathers even if he wasnt a Redshirt wouldnt of been a bad decision he will get drafted reasonably high

Redeyejedi
01-10-2013, 07:42 AM
Cut another Margus Hunt video last night very impressive I need to find more games of him

nycsportzfan
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
They all are Redshirts so they all are graduating or have graduated.I dont blame them for declaring now. Either get in to the NFL or start your life doing something else. Geathers even if he wasnt a Redshirt wouldnt of been a bad decision he will get drafted reasonably high No way.. A guy like Tom Worts stock is terrible, and all he has to do is come back and play really well, and he'll be back in at least RD 2-3, as opposed to maybe 6th or dare i say 7th rd this yr?

The other guys i really don't know much about outside of Geathers, who i think could've turned himself into a 1st rd player with a big yr next season.. Graduated or not, there basically interning for one more yr, trying to earn big bucks.. At least some of em..

Mike Davis WR Texas just declared today as well.. Draft board told em 3rd rd.. At least he came out and flat out said, he declared because of finances... I like when there honest..

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 06:45 AM
Everyone knows how high i am on MLB's Ogletree and Minter, and i all ready posted this fantastic Article on Minter in the "KEVIN MINTER" thread, but felt it needed to be shared on the draft thread as well.. THis guys the real deal! The respect he gets from his teammates, almost all early rd picks, is amazing! Also, he was voted TEAM MVP by his teammates, and not for defense, but entire team! THis guys no freaking joke! I love how ERIC REID realized during the FLA game that MINTER was "In a zone!" and brought it up in the huddle..lol Minter is also a fantastic individual off the field and u have not to worry about him getting into trouble.. I love this guy as a prospect!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

softly, LSU's Kevin Minter has made his presence felt in a big way

LSU middle linebacker Kevin Minter has been a quiet but dominant presence in the middle of the Tigers' defense this season with 111 tackles and 13.5 tackles for loss. (Photo by Michael DeMocker, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune) By Randy Rosetta, NOLA.com | The Times-Picayune The Times-Picayune
on December 29, 2012 at 7:15 PM, updated December 29, 2012 at 9:40 PM Print

ATLANTA -- It was a sweltering day on the field in a hostile environment at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium back in early October, with LSU and Florida locked up in an intense defensive struggle. All of a sudden it hit safety Eric Reid as the defense huddled up for the next snap.

As linebacker Kevin Minter's spectacular day was unfolding -- as always quietly and without a lot of fanfare -- his teammates took notice.

"We were standing there, trying to catch our breath, and Eric looked over and said 'Kevin, do you know you've made every play?'" defensive end Barkevious Mingo said, trying to imitate Reid's respectfully incredulous tone when he realized what Minter was doing.

"Kevin was in a zone -- flying around and making plays. Making every play."

LSU middle linebacker Kevin Minter: 'I had to work hard and compete for everything I got, and that's made me appreciate it that much more.'
Chris Granger, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune
Well, maybe not every play, although it seemed that way. Minter was undoubtedly spectacular that day in The Swamp with 17 solo tackles and 3 assists. That turned out to be the signature game of what has been a special season for the fourth-year LSU junior.

That season winds down Monday not far from Minter's hometown in Suwanee, Ga., when he and No. 9-ranked LSU (10-2) square off with 14th-ranked Clemson (10-2) in the 2012 Chick-fil-A Bowl at the Georgia Dome.

And in his typical unassuming fashion, Minter is wide-eyed at the idea of stepping back on the field where some of his biggest games have unfolded.

"I played in the state championship game here and lost," Minter said. "I've also played here against North Carolina (the first start of his career in 2010) and in the SEC Championship Game. I've got a lot of history here. I've always played fairly well here. I love the Georgia Dome."

That's about as close as the 6-foot-2, 245-pound Minter comes to brashness.

On those 20 tackles he was in on against Florida, not once did Minter get up off the pile of humanity yapping or talking trash. Instead, every play he's a part of ends with him trotting back to the huddle or to his spot in the middle of the Tigers' defense.

Flip that around, and you won't see -- or hear -- Minter imploring teammates with passionate speeches or arm-waving demonstrations.

The most his LSU teammates usually get, Mingo said, is Minter firmly and quietly urging "Let's go!"

Barkevious Mingo
LSUSports.net "I tease him sometimes because that's all we get from him," Mingo said. "I tell him, 'That's it, man?' But that's a lot of emotion from Kevin."

No argument from Minter. He concedes that working up a verbal lather is not part of his repertoire.

"It kind of came with my personality," he said. "I've never been that kind of guy. I've always been somebody who leads by example. I was a lot more assertive this year as far as getting guys lined up and telling them where they need to be because it's kind of what this job demands. But I've never felt like I needed to yell or scream to make my point."

Nor has he had to rely on vocal theatrics to be an effective defensive quarterback a season after the Tigers' linebacker corps struggled most of the season.

Minter was a part-time starter in 2011, splitting time with Karnell Hatcher, as defensive coordinator John Chavis deployed a 4-2-5 scheme almost exclusively to accentuate the talents of Tyrann Mathieu as a ball-hawking playmaker.

When Mathieu was dismissed from the team prior to the season, on top of the losses of defensive backs Mo Claiborne, Brandon Taylor and Ron Brooks to the NFL, there was a gaping hole on the defense for somebody who could consistently supply a game-changing presence.

LSU middle linebacker Kevin Minter played a key role in the Tigers' ability to slow down Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel with a team-high 12 tackles.
Chris Granger, NOLA.com | Times-Picayune
While Minter isn't the same kind of dynamo that Mathieu was, he has helped fill the void in different ways.

Chavis was more comfortable using three linebackers more often this season, with junior Lamin Barrow also emerging as a star on the weakside and several players taking on the task on the strongside when Tahj Jones was ruled academically ineligible.

Minter rewarded Chavis and the rest of the defense by delivering a huge season.

The performance at Florida was the centerpiece, but he also recorded three other games with 10 tackles or more and has 111 stops heading into the bowl game. Minter has notched 13 tackles for loss - at least one in every game but two.

This wasn't an overnight metamorphosis for Minter. Without an ounce of hesitation, he describes himself as a system player and says he took his time to learn as he toiled behind Kelvin Sheppard in 2010 and shared time with Hatcher last season.

"I had to work hard and compete for everything I got, and that's made me appreciate it that much more," Minter said.

"I've always had the size, strength and talent to be a good linebacker. It was just a matter of getting the system down and gaining confidence in myself in the ability to move people around and tell them where they need to be."

There was an impetus to that confidence.

Chavis' pride and joy as a coach has always been stout linebacker play and when that unit came under criticism and scrutiny in 2011, LSU's defensive coordinator felt that sting as deeply as the players.

LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis
Associated Press So in the off-season, Chavis sat down with the player he knew could spearhead an immediate and necessary turnaround.

"Coach Chavis told me 'You've always had the potential and now it's time to start living up to that,' " Minter said. "That meant a lot to me - that he thought I was that kind of player. It motivated me to work a lot harder in the off-season and from the first game, it felt different out there. It felt easier, almost like I was back in high school."

The result of the heart-to-heart with Chavis was that Minter emerged not only as a team leader, but also as one of the best linebackers in the country.

"It was an opportunity, and certainly we needed for him to step up and be front and center," Chavis said. "Kevin is a real quiet guy, but I saw both sides, on and off the field, and I feel like I know him very, very well. He's the kind of leader that you want to have."

That applies off the field as well.

Minter graduated earlier this month and has never been affiliated with a sniff of trouble. In an age when players are closely watched, their social media habits are over-analyzed and news of arrests and suspensions have mushroomed, Minter relies more on politeness and letting his actions speak.

"He's the kind of guy who leads by example," said Barrow, one of Minter's closest friends. "He does everything right on and off the field, and that's naturally somebody you look up to. When he has to be vocal, he can be."

Added Reid, "He's a great example-setter for the young guys, somebody they can look up to and somebody they can count on if they have a question, they can go to him and he'll answer it and not embarrass them."

More than that, though, Minter has that hidden ability to do what coaches crave most in their best players: He makes those around him better.

Not with a bunch of bravado - remember, "Let's go!" is as much as he offers up - but instead with the personality that other players around him follow and emulate.

LSU linebacker Lamin Barrow: 'Feeding off (Minter's) energy has helped make me a better player this year.'
NOLA.com | Times-Picayune
"Feeding off his energy has helped make me a better player this year," Barrow said matter-of-factly. "We always dreamed of being out there together from the time we got here, and he just helps motivate me by showing me you can make your statement with the way you play."

At the team banquet a few weeks ago, Minter was voted by his teammates as the team Most Valuable Player.

Still seemingly stunned by that recognition, Minter paused and contemplated his answer when asked how significant that is to him.

When he finally did, he delivered what will eventually be a perfect and fitting epitaph to his LSU career.

"It tells me that my teammates see me as a guy who tries his best and does everything he can for his team," Minter said.

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 08:25 AM
I was looking at RB's again the other day, thinking about who would be a nice part of a duo with David Wilson, and i am telling you, Kerwynn Williams of Utah st is a very underrated player.. He caught 40plus balls, had 2games of over 100recieving and 100rushing on the season, and was flat out dominant! Hes not a big guy like Andre Brown, as hes only 5ft 8in 190lbs, but hes quick, deadly in open field, and can flat out catch the rock.. Shoot, they split him out alot, and he looks like a slot reciever out there, and not a RB... I think he'd be a great change of pace back for David Wilson, and really give us a dyanmic backfield.. I like some bigger backs as well, but Kerwynn Williams has moved up my personal rankings for sure..

This kids got oodles of vision , balance, and speed.. Also, lower center of gravity and a solid 190lbs on his 5ft 8in frame, makes em not a easy tackle...

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 08:34 AM
I was looking at RB's again the other day, thinking about who would be a nice part of a duo with David Wilson, and i am telling you, Kerwynn Williams of Utah st is a very underrated player.. He caught 40plus balls, had 2games of over 100recieving and 100rushing on the season, and was flat out dominant! Hes not a big guy like Andre Brown, as hes only 5ft 8in 190lbs, but hes quick, deadly in open field, and can flat out catch the rock.. Shoot, they split him out alot, and he looks like a slot reciever out there, and not a RB... I think he'd be a great change of pace back for David Wilson, and really give us a dyanmic backfield.. I like some bigger backs as well, but Kerwynn Williams has moved up my personal rankings for sure..We put a bunch of him up recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F4jhiVk1UUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=woWBX2hp2O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c5mb1A2xGbk

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Cowboys are switching to a 4-3 I guess.

MattyD21
01-11-2013, 02:46 PM
I dont see it in Kerwynn Williams . as a UFA maybe

Kruunch
01-11-2013, 03:08 PM
Cowboys are switching to a 4-3 I guess.

They're built for it. Ratliff has never been a great 3-4 NT. He's a really good DT though.

And Ware plays with his hand in the dirt on most snaps anyway.

BlueSanta
01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
They're built for it. Ratliff has never been a great 3-4 NT. He's a really good DT though.

And Ware plays with his hand in the dirt on most snaps anyway.

"hand in the dirt" as you say doesnt really matter. Ware is a phenominal outside 3-4 LB and will not suck as a DE, that is for sure. But 4-3 DE is easier to scheme against because you typically know exactly where he will be at all times. Furthermore, the cowboys have an excellent group of young LBs now and those guys skillsets are more geared towards 34 as well. It is not an easy transition to make for a LB. This is a big risk on their part. It has backfired for a lot of teams lately. Although, it is my personal belief that the 3-4 defense is not as NFL friendly anymore since the rule changes. There is a reason we have seen historical 3-4 guys using hybrid and even some 43 in recent years(Bill B.)

The other part of this that sucks is that if they switch to a 43 they absolutely will be in the market for another 43 DE. Remember, this is the team that drafts 1 pick ahead of us.

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 07:15 PM
I dont see it in Kerwynn Williams . as a UFA maybe What don't u see? Guys got breakaway speed, tons of balance, vision, catches the ball like a WR, splits out, has enough meat on his bones with a 5ft 8fram to hold up...etc This guys legit.. I bet someone takes em in the 5th-6th range.. I like em alot!

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 07:23 PM
We put a bunch of him up recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=F4jhiVk1UUw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=woWBX2hp2O8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=c5mb1A2xGbk THanks Redeye, Announcer made comment of him being deceptive speed and talked about his low center of gravity.. I think this kids got something....

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Just finished Ansah vs SDSU. This is the game Ansah tried to Soccer slide tackle the RB its at 1:30

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9h5CJFMlt8

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 07:32 PM
THanks Redeye, Announcer made comment of him being deceptive speed and talked about his low center of gravity.. I think this kids got something....U know what I found strange all the LSU RB's declared. Not 1 topped 400 yards for the season.

MattyD21
01-11-2013, 08:04 PM
Unless his speed is really deceiving me that much i dont see that as his biggest attribute, great hands and i can also see the reference to a slot type receiver in that sense. maybe a 6th or 7th

BlueSanta
01-11-2013, 08:11 PM
U know what I found strange all the LSU RB's declared. Not 1 topped 400 yards for the season.

I saw that. Only thing I can think is that they have some young kid who is going to move this kid out of the lineup and he knows it.

On that noe, If I were a Rb coming out of high school I would not go to LSU. They dont give kids enough carries. The split em up far too much imho.

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 09:19 PM
Unless his speed is really deceiving me that much i dont see that as his biggest attribute, great hands and i can also see the reference to a slot type receiver in that sense. maybe a 6th or 7th He displayed his speed a ton in those vid's.. I don't know how that part of his game was hard to see in the vid's? That was the most clear part of the video in my opinion... The speeds there... Hes had a 86yrd reception, a 74yrd reception, a 76yrd reception, a 39yrd reception, a 34yrd reception, and let me tell u, there not throwing him bombs..lol Also, had a 86yrd run, a 68yrd run, a 60yrd run, a 58yrd run, a 52yrd run, and a 63yrd run in BOWL GAME.. He avg'd almost 7YPC and almost 16YPC.. Speed my friend, speed!

nycsportzfan
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
I saw that. Only thing I can think is that they have some young kid who is going to move this kid out of the lineup and he knows it.

On that noe, If I were a Rb coming out of high school I would not go to LSU. They dont give kids enough carries. The split em up far too much imho. Ya, Jeremey Hill.. Hes better then all of em combined... He lead the team in rushing as a freshman, with 755.. Hes a total stud!

juice33s
01-11-2013, 09:39 PM

On that noe, If I were a Rb coming out of high school I would not go to LSU. They dont give kids enough carries. The split em up far too much imho.
His name would be Jeremy Hill who led them in rushing as a RS freshmen, also there's Kenny Hilliard (2nd on the team) whose a soph....Ware, Ford and Blue all saw a significant decrease in there touches this season b/c of it

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 11:13 PM
His name would be Jeremy Hill who led them in rushing as a RS freshmen, also there's Kenny Hilliard (2nd on the team) whose a soph....Ware, Ford and Blue all saw a significant decrease in there touches this season b/c of it Not really Blue he got hurt. Blue had the most carries through the first 3 games. i think Blue was much better than the guys who declared

Redeyejedi
01-11-2013, 11:21 PM

On that noe, If I were a Rb coming out of high school I would not go to LSU. They dont give kids enough carries. The split em up far too much imho.Why would u want to split carries with 5 guys at least Bama rolls with 2 guys mainly.Might of been 3 this year had the FB Jalston Fowler not got hurt in the first game against Michigan. That guy is a beast. He was the best FB in the country 6'1 240 can run and lead block. Im going put his video up for the 2014 Draft he killed Michigan

juice33s
01-11-2013, 11:31 PM
A few key risers and fallers:
Faller: Teo
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah spoke with three Scouting Directors who all said Notre Dame senior ILB Manti Te'o will likely be selected in the top 15-25 picks.

15-25 sounds about right for a couple of reasons. First, Te'o projects as a good, not great, player at the position, but one that will anchor the middle of a defense for quite some time. Second, many non-pass rushing linebackers who are taken in the top ten do not pan out. Te'o will remain one of the most discussed prospects in this class.

Riser: Fluker
One NFL scout told the Chicago Tribune that Alabama RT D.J. Fluker projects as a "late first-rounder" in April's draft, while "others" anticipate Fluker will be drafted in the mid-first.

Fluker, listed at 6-foot-6, 335, compares favorably to Minnesota's Phil Loadholt as a right tackle prospect. "He is one of the biggest, most physically impressive kids I've ever seen," said one NFL personnel man. The Chicago Trib's Dan Pompei suggests Fluker could be an option for the Bears with the 20th overall pick in the draft. Fluker is expected to stay at right tackle in the pros.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/22925/scout-dj-fluker-projects-in-late-1st-round

nycsportzfan
01-12-2013, 06:44 AM
A few key risers and fallers:
Faller: Teo
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah spoke with three Scouting Directors who all said Notre Dame senior ILB Manti Te'o will likely be selected in the top 15-25 picks.

15-25 sounds about right for a couple of reasons. First, Te'o projects as a good, not great, player at the position, but one that will anchor the middle of a defense for quite some time. Second, many non-pass rushing linebackers who are taken in the top ten do not pan out. Te'o will remain one of the most discussed prospects in this class.

Riser: Fluker
One NFL scout told the Chicago Tribune that Alabama RT D.J. Fluker projects as a "late first-rounder" in April's draft, while "others" anticipate Fluker will be drafted in the mid-first.

Fluker, listed at 6-foot-6, 335, compares favorably to Minnesota's Phil Loadholt as a right tackle prospect. "He is one of the biggest, most physically impressive kids I've ever seen," said one NFL personnel man. The Chicago Trib's Dan Pompei suggests Fluker could be an option for the Bears with the 20th overall pick in the draft. Fluker is expected to stay at right tackle in the pros.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/22925/scout-dj-fluker-projects-in-late-1st-round Fluker is a guy i just don't like.. I feel he takes to many plays off, and thats the exact kinda player i hope we stay away from.. Outta all the bama Olineman, Fluker was the guy that i felt was beat the most by good players as well(all though i could be wrong?).. Just not my cup of tea...

A couple players i feel should rise are Kawaan Short DT Purdue and Baccari Rambo S Georgia.. Short is a good sized DT 6ft 3in 310lbs, who can get to the QB, and also is solid agianst the run, and can block kicks and bat passes.. Hes basically the complete package and produced even when he was the focal point of other teams offenses.. Size and playmaking ability at DT are tough to find.. I could see Reese show some interest. Rambo has the size/speed u want from a S, and makes a diffrence.. Hes great at creating turnovers, always ripping at the ball and catching picks, and quite frankly, is my 2nd ranked S as of today, behind only Matt Elam... I like Vaccaro as well, but Rambo is just sensational playmaker...

nycsportzfan
01-12-2013, 06:46 AM
Not really Blue he got hurt. Blue had the most carries through the first 3 games. i think Blue was much better than the guys who declared Hill was there best RB overall though, weather it was due to injury of someone that paved his way or something else.. He clearly was there best runner..

Redeyejedi
01-12-2013, 07:22 AM
Hill was there best RB overall though, weather it was due to injury of someone that paved his way or something else.. He clearly was there best runner..Hill was for sure once he played. He didnt get the ball until Blue got hurt though. I do like Blue though the guys that declared are pretty mehh. They should of transferred to a smaller school

nycsportzfan
01-12-2013, 01:05 PM
Hill was for sure once he played. He didnt get the ball until Blue got hurt though. I do like Blue though the guys that declared are pretty mehh. They should of transferred to a smaller school Ya, i know what ur saying.. I could see the giants interested in a Spencer Ware type RB to go with David Wilson.. I'm stuck on this Kerwynn Williams kid right now.. Hes nice! There are only certain smaller backs i would want, as i agree with u, a bruiser like Ware or someone like that is a good idea.. But some of these smaller backs still pack a punch and don't get a overly big workload anyhow, so it works out as a split/3rd down back type option.. Kerwynn Williams, Dennis Johnson, Miguel Maysonet, and Theo Rid**** are all guys i think would make nice options to pair with Wilson, and none are real big.. All of em can catch , which is huge.. Maysonet can catch as well, right?

born blue
01-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Why isn't there more chatter about Sheldon Richardson on here? Kid is really impressive in the vids I've seen and we could use a playmaking DT. I know he's projected a little higher than 19 now, but a few reaches on QBs and he may be available, no?

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 07:58 AM
Hill was there best RB overall though, weather it was due to injury of someone that paved his way or something else.. He clearly was there best runner.. I know me and you were both big Kaepernick guys but last nights performance albeit against a Defense that just let him run was other worldly. I much rather have a guy with his size over spindly legs RG3

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 10:10 AM
I know me and you were both big Kaepernick guys but last nights performance albeit against a Defense that just let hirun was other worldly. I much rather have a guy with his size over spindly legs RG3 Ya, i never worried about Kapernick coming from the pistol, because he had everything u wanted in a QB.. Arm Strength, Check! Running SPeed, Check! Height to see over defense, Check! Accuracy, Check!
He also has a ton of moxy ... I never doubted em for even a second...

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 10:41 AM
I know me and you were both big Kaepernick guys but last nights performance albeit against a Defense that just let him run was other worldly. I much rather have a guy with his size over spindly legs RG3 2of my best friends are diehard 49ers fans(watched game with em both), and they both were giving me huge Kuods last night for my call on Kapernick.. I'd been telling them they got a wicked talented Qb On the bench since he was drafted, and one of my buddies didnt' think it possible to make the switch with the record of 9ers behind Alex Smith, and i told em, there missing a element on there offense that will continue to cost em trips to SB, and Kapernick could offer just that, and make them a complete package..

Even after he threw the early pick 6, i was telling them to relax, Kapernick will settle down and do big things, and he went out and flat out killed it!

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 01:11 PM
U guys should read the Jason Taylor article I posted in General Sports. How he played hurt its disturbing really ugly

Rudyy
01-13-2013, 01:15 PM
Are there any tall physical corners in this draft? I would love to draft one.
Watching Richard Sherman play is making me jealous.

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 02:57 PM
Man, we really need some good LB's.. Watching Weatherspoon and Wagner makes me really wish we had people like that..

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 03:31 PM
Earl Thomas with another pick.. Hes been making plays all over the field in his young career.. The seahawks have a great young defense! seriously, they are loaded!

Turbin also making plays, another player i liked alot! This team drats alot of players i liked...

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Earl Thomas with another pick.. Hes been making plays all over the field in his young career.. The seahawks have a great young defense! seriously, they are loaded!I was actually going to criticize his play in this game because he has missed a bunch of tackles. then he does that. It was a bad throw but his range is so good he gets under everything

Redeyejedi
01-13-2013, 03:39 PM
Man, we really need some good LB's.. Watching Weatherspoon and Wagner makes me really wish we had people like that..Seattle uses there players so well to, The Defense is built perfectly for the players they have

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 03:41 PM
What a tackle in space by Earl Thomas! One play before, KJ Wright stopped Julio Jones on a WR screen behind the line... Freaking love this defense! We gotta start loading up other positons, because i'm watching CB's, LB's and S's making plays for Seattle left and right! Bruce Irvin has been invisible, but these guys just keep stepping up... We gotta get some LB"s and studs in the secondary..

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM
I was actually going to criticize his play in this game because he has missed a bunch of tackles. then he does that. It was a bad throw but his range is so good he gets under everything Did u see his one on one tackle on 3rd down the following series for Atlanta? I haven't noticed many missed tackles.. Last week, he made tackle behind the line, right at the line, and others as well.. On top of the pick, and this wk , he makes a pickk, and a huge one on one tackle on key 3rd down..

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 04:03 PM
Hhaha, total choke job by Matt Ryan yet again.. Man, having QB's that are agile is freaking huge! Sean Weatherspoon had Russ Wilson dead to rights on a sack that would of basically ended Seattles chances, and Russell Wilson simply spun away from it like nothing. Hence, why LB's and S's are needed, because these big old Lineman can't get to these guys even when they crash the pocket.. There so easy to get away from...

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 04:05 PM
How can someones nick name be Matty Ice when hes such a choke artist? If i was a Atlanta fan, i'd be sick to my stomach.. How in the world did they blow this one?

nycsportzfan
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
How can someones nick name be Matty Ice when hes such a choke artist? If i was a Atlanta fan, i'd be sick to my stomach.. How in the world did they blow this one? Wow, Matt Ryan answered my question..lol

rainierjef
01-14-2013, 12:39 AM
Are there any tall physical corners in this draft? I would love to draft one.
Watching Richard Sherman play is making me jealous.

lol get out of here rudster :P

rainierjef
01-14-2013, 12:41 AM
Wow, Matt Ryan answered my question..lol
Seattle defense blew that one. round of applause for that kid russell wilson, they just need 1-2 more stretch the field WR's and they will be hard to stop.

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 10:13 AM
Seattle defense blew that one. round of applause for that kid russell wilson, they just need 1-2 more stretch the field WR's and they will be hard to stop. they all ready are hard to stop.. Golden Tate is turning into a go to reciever as well.. He was huge yesterday and is finally playing to his huge potential... I think Tate is a 1000yrd WR next yr, and hes a burner...

Rudyy
01-14-2013, 01:49 PM
lol get out of here rudster :PIF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY, DON'T SAY IT AT ALL.K?

K. lol

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-14-2013, 02:58 PM
they all ready are hard to stop.. Golden Tate is turning into a go to reciever as well.. He was huge yesterday and is finally playing to his huge potential... I think Tate is a 1000yrd WR next yr, and hes a burner...

nah..pete carroll blew that one,,,not kicking the field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th and 1 was the difference in the game,,,also,,on that 4th and one,,,how do you not have lynch on the field?

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 04:10 PM
nah..pete carroll blew that one,,,not kicking the field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th and 1 was the difference in the game,,,also,,on that 4th and one,,,how do you not have lynch on the field?They chased points like the Giants did in Atlanta. The difference was the Seahawks didnt give up in the 2nd half.. Seahawks are #1 receiver away . They get a there own Roddy White or Julio Jones next time the outcome will be different

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
They chased points like the Giants did in Atlanta. The difference was the Seahawks didnt give up in the 2nd half.. Seahawks are #1 receiver away . They get a there own Roddy White or Julio Jones next time the outcome will be different

didn't need either of those guys yesterday,,just kick the field goal,,,plain and simple,,,Pete got caught over coaching.

Redeyejedi
01-14-2013, 05:54 PM
Going through VT Rutgers, forgot just how terrible that game was

Carter.525
01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
LSU CB Tyrann Mathieu is undergoing regular drug testing from an anonymous but certified drug testing company in an effort to show NFL teams he's clean before the 2013 Draft.

Mathieu also plans to attend the Senior Bowl to "mingle" with NFL people as he attempts to quell character concerns. Mathieu's representation promises that Tyrann will have had "32 tests" to show the NFL he's clean after alleged drug abuse at LSU. For now, Mathieu is training with former LSU teammate Patrick Peterson in Arizona. He's bulked up to 182 pounds after being listed at 175 at LSU. If Mathieu does enough to repair his image before the draft, he could be a value pick in the middle rounds.

Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/01/former_lsu_star_tyrann_mathieu_1.html)

born blue
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/01/former_lsu_star_tyrann_mathieu_1.html)Re:Honeybadg er...I'd take him in the 4th, but he'll be long gone. Someone is gonna reach.

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 09:05 PM
nah..pete carroll blew that one,,,not kicking the field goal in the first half instead of going for it on 4th and 1 was the difference in the game,,,also,,on that 4th and one,,,how do you not have lynch on the field? Well thats all fine, but my post was reffering to Raineref saying SEA will be hard to stop if they add more stretch the field WR's.. Golden Tate is a stretch the field WR and a heck of a overall WR whos finally playing to his potential.. I think he had 6catches and over a 100yrds yesterday?

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 09:08 PM
Source: New Orleans Times-Picayune (http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2013/01/former_lsu_star_tyrann_mathieu_1.html) Interesting.. I woulden't mind having his playmaking and versatility in the backfield assuming hes grown up.. After seeing Burficts play this yr, some charechter concern players might get a upper hand and have teams take chances on em a bit earlier..

rainierjef
01-14-2013, 09:20 PM
Interesting.. I woulden't mind having his playmaking and versatility in the backfield assuming hes grown up.. After seeing Burficts play this yr, some charechter concern players might get a upper hand and have teams take chances on em a bit earlier..
I have been an advocate of taking this guy in this upcoming draft. If its any organization that can get him focused is this one. Too much raw talent and ability, he can excel in special teams and work his way into a rotation, either at slot or safety. They said hes @ 182 which isn't bad if he can put on 8 more pounds of muscle that would put him at 5'9 - 5'10 190. which is good enough for a slot corner in this league with his speed and play making ability.

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 09:41 PM
I have been an advocate of taking this guy in this upcoming draft. If its any organization that can get him focused is this one. Too much raw talent and ability, he can excel in special teams and work his way into a rotation, either at slot or safety. They said hes @ 182 which isn't bad if he can put on 8 more pounds of muscle that would put him at 5'9 - 5'10 190. which is good enough for a slot corner in this league with his speed and play making ability. Its not bad for a Safety either.. It'll be interesting to see how some team utilizes this guy come camp...

nycsportzfan
01-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Heres some interviews from teams to players at DAY 1 practice of Shrine Game.. Obviously this means very little, but its something to check out, and u never know...

New Orleans - Richmond safety Cooper Taylor

Philadelphia - Purdue cornerback Josh Johnson, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush

San Diego - Clemson cornerback Xavier Brewer, James Madison offensive guard/center Earl Watford, Florida State wide receiver Rodney Smith

San Francisco - Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges, Louisiana-Lafayette cornerback Melvin White and Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore

Baltimore - Memphis guard/center Jordan Devey, North Carolina State safety Earl Wolff

Detroit - Glenville State offensive tackle Mark Jackson

Houston - South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore, Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges

Jacksonville - Navy wide receiver Brandon Turner

Minnesota - Virginia Tech wide receiver Marcus Davis

Kansas City - Iowa wide receiver Keenan Davis, Portland State kicker Zach Brown, Mount Union wide receiver Jasper Collins

New Orleans - SMU fullback/running back Zach Line, Kansas safety Bradley McDougald, Oklahoma cornerback Damontre Hurst, Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Tyrone Goard,

Philadelphia - Calgary guard Kirby Fabien, USC defensive end Wes Horton, Iowa cornerback Micah Hyde

San Diego - Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos

San Francisco - Syracuse safety Shamarko Thomas, Illinois Terry

Arizona - Arizona wide receiver Dan Buckner, Texas A&M running back Christine Michael

Baltimore - USC defensive end Wes Horton

Chicago - Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Tyrone Goard

Cleveland - Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein, Idaho State tight end Josh Hill

Denver - Mississippi State wide receiver Chad Bumphis

Houston - Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos

Carter.525
01-14-2013, 09:45 PM
the Honey Bager would be a great value in the 4th, guy is always around the ball.. Just need to stay out of trouble

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-14-2013, 09:46 PM
Its not bad for a Safety either.. It'll be interesting to see how some team utilizes this guy come camp...

I would learn to do a cartwheel if we got our hands on the honey badger,,,,problems and all,,this is the franchise that could straighten him out...that kid has ridiculous ball hawking skills,,,and an electric return man to boot,,,,could replace wilson at the very least on kick returns, and could be our punt return guy as well. :cool:

juice33s
01-14-2013, 10:11 PM
After doing tape study on Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah compared Richardson's playing style to Bills NT Kyle Williams'.

Per ex-NFL scout Jeremiah, Richardson was "fun to watch" on film because he is "very quick" and "plays with a relentless motor." Williams was originally a fifth-round pick out of LSU, but has developed into one of the game's better 4-3 nose tackles. Richardson is more athletic than Williams and, of course, will be drafted much earlier. He's a shoo-in for the draft's first round.
http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

rainierjef
01-14-2013, 10:22 PM
Heres some interviews from teams to players at DAY 1 practice of Shrine Game.. Obviously this means very little, but its something to check out, and u never know...

New Orleans - Richmond safety Cooper Taylor

Philadelphia - Purdue cornerback Josh Johnson, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush

San Diego - Clemson cornerback Xavier Brewer, James Madison offensive guard/center Earl Watford, Florida State wide receiver Rodney Smith

San Francisco - Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges, Louisiana-Lafayette cornerback Melvin White and Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore

Baltimore - Memphis guard/center Jordan Devey, North Carolina State safety Earl Wolff

Detroit - Glenville State offensive tackle Mark Jackson

Houston - South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster, California (PA) guard/center Eric Kush, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore, Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges

Jacksonville - Navy wide receiver Brandon Turner

Minnesota - Virginia Tech wide receiver Marcus Davis

Kansas City - Iowa wide receiver Keenan Davis, Portland State kicker Zach Brown, Mount Union wide receiver Jasper Collins

New Orleans - SMU fullback/running back Zach Line, Kansas safety Bradley McDougald, Oklahoma cornerback Damontre Hurst, Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Tyrone Goard,

Philadelphia - Calgary guard Kirby Fabien, USC defensive end Wes Horton, Iowa cornerback Micah Hyde

San Diego - Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos

San Francisco - Syracuse safety Shamarko Thomas, Illinois Terry

Arizona - Arizona wide receiver Dan Buckner, Texas A&M running back Christine Michael

Baltimore - USC defensive end Wes Horton

Chicago - Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Tyrone Goard

Cleveland - Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein, Idaho State tight end Josh Hill

Denver - Mississippi State wide receiver Chad Bumphis

Houston - Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Anthony Amos

i would be happy with micah hyde in the 3-4th round.

born blue
01-14-2013, 10:26 PM
After doing tape study on Missouri DT Sheldon Richardson, NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah compared Richardson's playing style to Bills NT Kyle Williams'.Per ex-NFL scout Jeremiah, Richardson was "fun to watch" on film because he is "very quick" and "plays with a relentless motor." Williams was originally a fifth-round pick out of LSU, but has developed into one of the game's better 4-3 nose tackles. Richardson is more athletic than Williams and, of course, will be drafted much earlier. He's a shoo-in for the draft's first round.http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draftIf you watch Redeye's tape on this kid there is so much to like. I dare you to find a higher motor guy. He was a top HS prospect, and some are disappointed by his low number of sacks. But he was the man on Mizzou's D this year, got doubled a ton, and was still all over the field. I think he's my early pick to be that ten time pro bowler and difference maker that a team needs in round one. Put him on a line with JPP where he can't be doubled, and I predict greatness. Crossing my fingers he's there at 19. Any chance that happens?

Carter.525
01-14-2013, 10:31 PM
If you watch Redeye's tape on this kid there is so much to like. I dare you to find a higher motor guy. He was a top HS prospect, and some are disappointed by his low number of sacks. But he was the man on Mizzou's D this year, got doubled a ton, and was still all over the field. I think he's my early pick to be that ten time pro bowler and difference maker that a team needs in round one. Put him on a line with JPP where he can't be doubled, and I predict greatness. Crossing my fingers he's there at 19. Any chance that happens?

eh.. I could easily see Richardson blowing up the combine and be a top 10 pick, I dont think he gets past the Saints at #15

nycsportzfan
01-15-2013, 05:26 AM
i would be happy with micah hyde in the 3-4th round. Ya, Micah Hyde reminds me of a GIANTS type Draft pick and a guy Reese would like.. Every yr theres prospects throughout the rds that remind me of certain teams type players and this yr, Micah Hyde is one that reminds me of a Giants type pick..

I'm really interested in a couple of Lineman at the Shrine game that are small school kids i researched some.. Earl Watford G James Madison and Mark Jackson OT Glenville St.. I'm not surprised those 2 were interviewed on 1st day at all.. Mark Jackson is a guy who could be a small school kid to rise up to 4th rd range, as hes got elite size, and can move his feet...

nycsportzfan
01-15-2013, 05:28 AM
I see Stansly Maponga DE TCU has declared.. Heres another kid who should of gone back to school , who declared.. Hes got tremendous upside though, and it'll be interesting to see where he goes.. THis is a must draft to trade for extra picks in my opinion.. With so many kids declaring early and 2teams missing 2nd rd picks(browns and saints), it makes a ton of sense to trade to the end of RD 1 or right outta rd 1 and load up on picks....

nycsportzfan
01-15-2013, 11:40 AM
Im thinking Bobby Wagner may be my number 1 SOLB target for the Giants. Here is a piece from Alo on Draftbreakdown.</p>

http://draftbreakdown.com/getting-to-know-bobby-wagner</p>

</p>

Redeye,</p>

What corners do you like coming out? And who do you think would be a good fit for us?</p> I'll give Redeye a hand on this one because i'm sure hes got a similar list The obvious top guys are Claiborne Kirkpatrick Dennard and Jenkins all though there are 2 guys after that i think are gonna be sensational players and i would not be surprised to see both either in RD 1 or very early RD 2 and if they go later someones getting a steal! Casey Hayward CB Vandy and Chase minnifield CB Virginia Those 2 are the complete package!

heres some guys outside of the TOP 4 and the 2 i mentioned(claiborne kirkpatrick dennard jenkins hayward minnifield)

Stephon Gilmore CB S Carolina
Jayron Hosley CB Va Tech
Trumaine Johnson CB/S montana(solid sleeper)
Brandon Boykin CB Georgia
Donnie Fletcher CB B College
Shaun Prater CB Iowa(his teammate micah hyde is a beast but could return)
Leonard Johnson CB Iowa St( one of my TOP CB SLEEPERS)

Theres about 13 Corners right there with solid potential and i left out a handful of guys who i like as sleepers And i left out Jr's as well
Donnie Fletcher This post is funny to me.. I was so sure of Leonard Johnson being a stud, and i realize he ran really bad at combine, but i loved em way before that even, and i don't know if he even got drafted, did he???lol I really thought he was a super sleeper, similar to how i felt about Johnny Patrick a couple yrs ago.. I liked Casey Hayward way more, adn hes gonna be a stud, but it cracks me up how u can feel so strongly about something, and be dead wrong when it comes to the Draft prospects..lol

This post started well before combine, might i add...

nycsportzfan
01-15-2013, 11:55 AM
Great read on Khaseem Greene over on draft breakdown.. Sorry if someone posted all ready... This guy blows Arthur Brown away in overall skill set, and i like Arthur Brown..lol So, its not a diss, but just big complements for Greene..

This guy thinks Greene could go in RD1! Obviously, a guy of this size and physical nature, that can make plays and is super athletic and aggresive is something the giants need... This guy is gonna lay some mean hits in the NFL!

Falling in Love with Rutgers' Khaseem Greene | Draft Breakdown
draftbreakdown.com/falling-in-love-with-rutgers-khaseem-greene - Cached
Dec 28, 2012 ... It's easy to fall in love with Rutgers' Khaseem Greene, as this is a player with the
potential to do great things in the NFL. Greene is the complete

nycsportzfan
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
Heres some INTERVIEWS from DAY2 of the SHRINE GAME..

2013 East-West Shrine Game: Tuesday's West Team Interviews

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Here is a recap of the player interviews that were conducted on the field after Tuesday's practice by the East team. Typically, these interviews with area scouts are to set up longer, formal interviews for a night during the week. While teams say they "talk" to every player, teams do not take the time to conduct formal interviews with every draft prospect, so this can be a clue as to which players are on their radar.

Arizona - Arizona quarterback Matt Scott

Atlanta - Texas Tech quarterback Seth Doege, Nevada safety Duke Williams, Middle Tennessee State wide receiver Amos Anthony

Chicago - SMU running back Zach Line, Kansas safety Bradley McDougald

Cleveland - Colorado defensive end Will Pericak

Jacksonville - Portland State kicker Zach Brown, Ohio State linebacker Nathan Williams, Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein

Kansas City - Arizona State punter Josh Hubner

New York Jets - Western Michigan quarterback Alex Carder, Texas A&M running back Christine Michael, Mississippi State defensive tackle Josh Boyd, Utah State running back Kerwynn Williams, USC defensive end Wes Horton

San Diego - Utah State running back Kerwynn Williams, Ohio State linebacker Nathan Williams

San Francisco - Notre Dame safety Zeke Motta, SMU running back Zach Line

Washington - Kansas safety Bradley McDougald
Atlanta - Georgia Tech cornerback Rod Sweeting, Rutgers tight end D.C. Jefferson, Florida safety Josh Evans

Carolina - Penn State linebacker Gerald Hodges

Chicago - Florida safety Josh Evans

Indianapolis - Virginia Tech wide receiver Corey Fuller, James Madison guard Earl Watford

Kansas City - McMaster University tackle Matt Sewell

Minnesota - Kansas State quarterback Collin Klein

New Orleans - Boston College Chris Pantale

New York Jets - South Florida cornerback Kayvon Webster, Rutgers tight end D.C. Jefferson, Miami cornerback Brandon McGee, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore

Philadelphia - Arkansas-Pine Bluff tackle Terron Armstead, Purdue cornerback Josh Johnson, Rutgers tight end D.C. Jefferson

San Diego - Virginia Tech wide receiver Corey Fuller, Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore

St. Louis - Clemson cornerback Xavier Brewer, Purdue cornerback Josh Johnson

Washington - South Florida linebacker Sam Barrington

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 11:36 AM
Man, this Nathan Stanley QB SE Louisiana has alot of talent.. A big kid who can move in the pocket, is great playaction QB, and has zip, and down field accuracy... Hes very intriguing...

Carter.525
01-16-2013, 07:35 PM
[ESPN's Mel Kiper believes BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah could be a top 17 pick and will last no later than the mid to late 20s.

"At the end of the day, (Ansah) is a first-round pick," Kiper said. We are in agreement that the BYU product will be a first-round pick and wouldn't be surprised if he was selected in the top-ten. Ansah will have a great test in mobile during the Senior Bowl and will hopefully carry momentum into the Combine where he will put up great numbers.

Source: Dan Kadar on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/291586892074459137)

nycsportzfan
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Source: Dan Kadar on Twitter (https://twitter.com/MockingTheDraft/status/291586892074459137) Ya, kinda figured this, especially with JPP's success..

juice33s
01-18-2013, 07:40 PM
Jarvis Jones Expected to slide some on draft day: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

-The scouts said there are a few reasons that could add up to Jones falling into the 6-10 range. First of all, the scouts said that Jones is not a good workout guy. They don't believe that he is going to test well or stand out in the Combine or pre-draft workouts. Area scouts who cover Georgia say that Jones is not a weight-room guy. He doesn't put a lot of work in during the week, but would show up on Saturday and dominate naturally.

They said that Jones is a good guy and a good teammate, but just isn't a tireless worker. As one scout said, "Don't get me wrong, if you watch his tapes you'll say he is worth being the No. 1 rated player and going in the top five of the draft. You can watch him on Saturdays and see that this guy is animal. He's clearly the best player on the field, but not a guy that you'll be in love with during the week. Add in the medical concern and with the testing, and I think he's going to slide some on Draft Day."

Jones' medical condition is a spinal stenosis that happened as a freshman at USC. On a routine hit against Oregon, Jones sustained the injury. A specialist told him he would be fine, but USC's doctors wouldn't clear him and told him he should retire from football. After transferring to Georgia, Jones broke out as one of the best players in college football. -

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:17 AM
Jarvis Jones Expected to slide some on draft day: http://www.walterfootball.com/nfldraftrumormill.php

-The scouts said there are a few reasons that could add up to Jones falling into the 6-10 range. First of all, the scouts said that Jones is not a good workout guy. They don't believe that he is going to test well or stand out in the Combine or pre-draft workouts. Area scouts who cover Georgia say that Jones is not a weight-room guy. He doesn't put a lot of work in during the week, but would show up on Saturday and dominate naturally.

They said that Jones is a good guy and a good teammate, but just isn't a tireless worker. As one scout said, "Don't get me wrong, if you watch his tapes you'll say he is worth being the No. 1 rated player and going in the top five of the draft. You can watch him on Saturdays and see that this guy is animal. He's clearly the best player on the field, but not a guy that you'll be in love with during the week. Add in the medical concern and with the testing, and I think he's going to slide some on Draft Day."

Jones' medical condition is a spinal stenosis that happened as a freshman at USC. On a routine hit against Oregon, Jones sustained the injury. A specialist told him he would be fine, but USC's doctors wouldn't clear him and told him he should retire from football. After transferring to Georgia, Jones broke out as one of the best players in college football. - Ya, i heard the same thing.. Jarvis Jones won't slide to far, but u can understand why he'd fall at least a few picks with the questions about his health and what the scouts are worried about..

Redeyejedi
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
Ya, i heard the same thing.. Jarvis Jones won't slide to far, but u can understand why he'd fall at least a few picks with the questions about his health and what the scouts are worried about.. His medical will be bigger than any 40 time or shuttle run. Some teams will probably eliminate him from the first round on their boards but all 32 wont and it only takes 1 team

U asked for this

Jamar Taylor vs UNLV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhJgN_yApM

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 04:27 PM
Mike Mayock had a "find a spot" segment in the Shrine game, and hes got Trent Steelman, Zach Line, and Cooper Taylor as the 3 on his list.. He thinks u gotta find a spot for these guys on NFL rosters..

He really likes the Cooper Taylor S Richmond Kid and likened em to Kam Chancellor...

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 04:30 PM
Lots of draft people are talking up Cooper Taylor.

Issue I have with Taylor is his lack of range on the back end. I dont think he could play single high in a C1 or C3, which the giants run very frequently.

And he doesnt have the skill set to come down and cover a slot receiver either.

Same reason Chancellor would not fit real well with the giants.

If you dont use interchangable safties, then he could fit well as a strong safety.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 04:39 PM
Devin Taylor looking really good so far.. A couple nice tackles and a forced fumble..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 04:48 PM
Devin Taylor is having a great game.. Hes got like 4or5 tackles with half the 2nd qter to go and a Forced Fumble and TFL..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 04:50 PM
Jerry Glanville singing Sio Moores praise.. Said put a asterick by his name, as hes a guy ur gonna know if a couple yrs.. All the guys singing his praise after his sweet TFL.. Hes had double digit TFL 3yrs in a row for UCONN and can cover.. I've mocked Moore to us a few times..

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 05:45 PM
I have as well, very much like Moore's talent. Though he was always inconsistent.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 05:51 PM
I have as well, very much like Moore's talent. Though he was always inconsistent. Consistent enough to get double digit TFL 3yrs in a row.. Nah, hes the real deal.. Can cover, get behind teh line, tackle..etc He'd be a great fit in our LB core..

I'm still super impressed with Devin Taylor DE S.Carolina.. Hes been great in this game, and seems would be a great fit to take over for Justin Tuck.. I also like how long he is, so we can have another DE that can bat down Passes and make it tough for QB's to see over.. He's probably gotten most praise in this one so far on the defnsive players..

Branden Smith of Georgia just made a nice INT..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 05:53 PM
Heres the kid i wanna see.. Nathan Stanley QB SE LA... Big kid, solid arm, good deep accuracy, can move around in pocket..etc He was great during practice, and Mayock said he was most natural thrower of all QB's there this wk... Throws a naturally good ball mayock said.. Alot of fun to watch

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 05:56 PM
man, that amos wr kid from midd tenn st reminds me alot of vic cruz..

penguinfarmer
01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Terry Hawthorne with a nice play.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:00 PM
Jesus, this Brandon Thurman DE Ark Pine Bluff kid just got a TFL and Mayock was saying both Pine Bluff players did well this week, and they showed Thurmans numbers, and he had 17sacks adn 25TFL this yr..lol And just got one in this game as well.. He only weighs 6ft1in 261lbs though, but mayock said he still could probably play end in 4/3 as rotational player on pass downs or OLB in a 3/4

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:01 PM
Terry Hawthorne with a nice play. He all ready had a fumble recovery as well.. So he now has a sweet pick and a fumble recovery.. His stock has gone up this wk

Haven't heard Hodges name once today?

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:06 PM
Awesome play by Devin Taylor chasing Alex Carder down for the sack! Hes freaking beasting this game! I think hes the best player i've seen in this game so far...

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Awesome play by Devin Taylor chasing Alex Carder down for the sack! Hes freaking beasting this game! I think hes the best player i've seen in this game so far... HOLY Crap, another sack for Devin Taylor! Classic bull rush and just blew tanner hawkinson away!

penguinfarmer
01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Taylor's certainly living up to he praise. At his height he still looks very stiff, but he has great length, strength and speed. Could be a nice LE pickup.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:11 PM
Eh, one of me and redeyes guy, Zac stacy has had a bad game and just dropped a easy pass from Nate Stanley, right on the money... Kerwynn Williams has outplayed em in this one...

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Taylor's certainly living up to he praise. At his height he still looks very stiff, but he has great length, strength and speed. Could be a nice LE pickup. Ya, i'm kinda thinking replacement for Tuck.. Hes all ready had 2sacks, 2FF, another TFL, and a few other sweet tackles on run downs.. I don't think hes looked stiff at all.. Actually jsut the opposite, i'm surprised at how nimble and agile hes looked... I think hes been downright dominant in this game!

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:16 PM
COaches said Dev Taylor also dominated one on ones all wk.. This kids potential is oozing..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Haha, Mayock called Steelman Julian Edelman, same guy i compared em 2 in thread i started.. Hes been playing WR all wk, but just scored on a keeper in shotgun formation.. Davis says hes gonna make someones roster as well..

Its no wonder he got interviewed by Giants..

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 06:31 PM
Consistent enough to get double digit TFL 3yrs in a row.. Nah, hes the real deal.. Can cover, get behind teh line, tackle..etc He'd be a great fit in our LB core..

Ive seen him in person 10+ times, he has games where he is totally dominant. 10+ tackles, 3+ TFL, sacks, etc. Then he will have a game where he has 3 tackles and just is a no show.

This year he has been a much more complete player.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:40 PM
Ive seen him in person 10+ times, he has games where he is totally dominant. 10+ tackles, 3+ TFL, sacks, etc. Then he will have a game where he has 3 tackles and just is a no show.

This year he has been a much more complete player. He was 3rd on UCONN in Tackles as a JR with 16TFL 6.5Sacks.. He was 2nd in the BIG EAST in TFL Per game... In 2010, he was a 2time BIG EAST defensive player of the wk, and was second on team in tackles, and had 11.5 TFL..

Hes been pretty consistent, to say the least... This past yr, he only had one 3tackle game, but added a Sack and Pass defended in that game..

Hows he not been consistent?

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:46 PM
Khalid Wooten CB Nevada, a guy i've asked Redeye to make a video of, has awesome size, good speed, just madea pick.. the guys 6ft 200lbs, and makes plays.. Theres a guy right there that deserves more press.. How is he a 7th rd draft prospect? He just ran stride for strid with a WR and played em perfectly and went up and picked off Colin Klein... Khalid Wooten is a player!

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:52 PM
yes, another one of my favorite sleepers, Earl Wolff, makes a sweet pick in endzone with perfect coverege! I found that guy in WK 1, when i watched them to see Amerson and came away more impressed with Wolff.. A solid sized leader, who can tackle and has tendency to make the big play...

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 06:54 PM
He was 3rd on UCONN in Tackles as a JR with 16TFL 6.5Sacks.. He was 2nd in the BIG EAST in TFL Per game... In 2010, he was a 2time BIG EAST defensive player of the wk, and was second on team in tackles, and had 11.5 TFL..

Hes been pretty consistent, to say the least... This past yr, he only had one 3tackle game, but added a Sack and Pass defended in that game..

Hows he not been consistent?

As I said, this past year he finally showed pretty good consistency game to game.

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:57 PM
As I said, this past year he finally showed pretty good consistency game to game. Ya but he was 3rd in tackles with 16TFL and 6.5sacks as a JR, not this past yr.. He won big east defensive player of the wk twice and was 2nd on the team in tackles and had 11.5TFL as a sophmore.. And u know how he did this yr.. I wasen't talking about this yr..

slipknottin
01-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Ya but he was 3rd in tackles with 16TFL and 6.5sacks as a JR, not this past yr.. He won big east defensive player of the wk twice and was 2nd on the team in tackles and had 11.5TFL as a sophmore.. And u know how he did this yr.. I wasen't talking about this yr..

Do you actually ever watch anyone play? Or just look at their stats?

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:58 PM
And obviously hes gonna get a bit better the more expierence he gains, as jsut about all prospects do that.. But hes been pretty consistent since he started getting regular time..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 06:59 PM
Do you actually ever watch anyone play? Or just look at their stats? Its all i do.. I watch, read up, and watch more, and read up more, and look for any tidbit u can find..

Trust me, you will be the only one that would ever say Sio Moore has been inconsistent.. In fact, they used the words "CONSISTENT" when talking about his career at UCONN tonight..lol

WIth all the games u watch, do u actually see anything? Thats the better question...

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:03 PM
What'd u think, he was gonna have 10tackles 3TFL a sack every game or something? when a guy has 6-8 big games a yr, and then a few ok games, and he does that 3yrs in a row, with a bit more success in a given yr, its called consistent..

When u finish 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in tackles on ur team, and have double digit TFL, and add sacks and pass defended and u do it 3yrs in a row, its called CONSISTENT..

nycsportzfan
01-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Mayock said he think Motta is gonna be a starting NFL saftey..

Redeyejedi
01-19-2013, 07:53 PM
Mayock said he think Motta is gonna be a starting NFL saftey.. he is a Notre Dame homer

Redeyejedi
01-19-2013, 07:56 PM
COaches said Dev Taylor also dominated one on ones all wk.. This kids potential is oozing.. Everyone I talked to that were at the practices this week said the Olineman were abysmal. Taylor may end up as a 5 tech he is rather stiff. He plays high and has very little bend to his game. Has put on weight since his 2010 season Id guess about 20-25 pounds lost some of the flexibility he once had.
Michael Buchanan is the 1 edge rusher that interests me that isnt a top 100 player.

I think next year im going to go to the Senior Bowl.

myles2424
01-19-2013, 09:51 PM
Everyone I talked to that were at the practices this week said the Olineman were abysmal. Taylor may end up as a 5 tech he is rather stiff. He plays high and has very little bend to his game. Has put on weight since his 2010 season Id guess about 20-25 pounds lost some of the flexibility he once had.
Michael Buchanan is the 1 edge rusher that interests me that isnt a top 100 player.

I think next year im going to go to the Senior Bowl.
Your in the bay area? Strippers &
Cocaine on me!!

juice33s
01-19-2013, 11:47 PM
he is a Notre Dame homer
He was also the first person to call Harrison Smith a first round pick though

WiIdcat
01-20-2013, 12:28 PM
Will Kevin Minter be there at 49?

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 12:43 PM
Will Kevin Minter be there at 49?

I would say no, that he'll be gone.. the combine will change things though

WiIdcat
01-20-2013, 12:55 PM
I would say no, that he'll be gone.. the combine will change things though

I wouldn't mind trading Tuck and our 2nd to move up and get him at the bottom of the first/top of the second.

Really think he could be our answer to the MLB position.

nycsportzfan
01-20-2013, 01:17 PM
Everyone I talked to that were at the practices this week said the Olineman were abysmal. Taylor may end up as a 5 tech he is rather stiff. He plays high and has very little bend to his game. Has put on weight since his 2010 season Id guess about 20-25 pounds lost some of the flexibility he once had.

I think next year im going to go to the Senior Bowl. Devin Taylor was explosive as u can imagine in that game, adn regardless of how guys played in the couple practices they had, there still a bunch of quality olineman, and prospects certainly go against less talented lineman then what those guys were going against yesterday, thats for sure.. Most of those guys are getting drafted, and tons of lineman, guys like Jarvis Jones or highly touted prospects went against, weren't even good enough to get a sniff at the shrine or sr bowl games..

Not to mention, its not like every player was dominating the way Devin Taylor was against those same olineman.. He was sensational, and u really can't take anything away from his performance...