PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

nycsportzfan
01-20-2013, 02:18 PM
He was also the first person to call Harrison Smith a first round pick though Touche..

nycsportzfan
01-20-2013, 02:26 PM
Not only was Devin Taylor dominating lineman, he was chasing RB's down and as this article states, he was faked on a bootleg, and still showed enough speed and ability to get the QB for little to no gain.. I forget the QB? It wasen't a total stiff though.. He also forced not 1 but 2 Fumbles, something that had nothing to do with the Olineman he was going against.. He was downright sensational, and showed a ton of promise, which hes always had... Heres a list of guys who raised there stocks, according to pewter report.com.. Its pretty much all the guys u would think, if u watched the game.. Earl Wolff, TJ Johnson, and Kerwynn Williams are 3guys i really like as sleepers... Been talking about Kerwynn and Wolff for sometimes, and recently had my eyes opened to TJ Johnson, who i downright love... They played em at Guard yesterday which was great, showing he can be versatile interior lineman.. What a nasty player, with great size as well..

Mark
Cook
Editor-In-Chief E-mail: mark@pewterreport.comThis e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it The 87th annual East-West Shrine took place Saturday in St. Petersburg with the West squad coached by former Buccaneers coach Leeman Bennett winning 28-13. Several players helped their draft stock over the last week and PewterReport.com takes a look at who shined in the spotlight on Saturday.
On Saturday at Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida, some of the nation’s top NFL Draft prospects went head-to-head in the annual East-West Shrine Game. The West team, coached by Leeman Bennett, went on to beat the East team 28-13.

Both teams had three turnovers in what was a pretty sloppy game. The West squad had more success offensively throwing the ball than the East team, which turned about to be the difference in the game. The East team seemed to have the better roster on paper heading into the game, featuring players such as Pittsburgh running back Ray Graham, South Carolina defensive end Devin Taylor, Rutgers tight end D.C. Jefferson, and Vanderbilt running back Zac Stacy. But the West team came up with several clutch plays throughout Saturday evening's contest to come away with the win.

Here are some players who impressed in what was likely their last game action before the NFL Draft in April.

WEST TEAM
IOWA STATE LB A.J. KLEIN
Klein made multiple nice plays against the East running attack. He did a good job of filling his gaps and connecting on a couple of nice hits. On one play, Klein quickly got to his gap and stood up Pittsburgh running back Ray Graham for a tackle for loss. Overall, the Iowa State linebacker had a good outing and likely made a good impression on those watching.

Klein has a good motor and very good instincts. The Iowa State senior has the versatility to play as an inside linebacker in a 3-4 base defense or an outside linebacker in a 4-3 base defense. Klein was impressive all week and undoubtedly turned some NFL scout's heads over the past week.

MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE WR ANTHONY AMOS
Amos scored on a sweep running play where he ran across the formation and received the handoff. He flashed his great speed by getting around the edge and putting the ball in the endzone. The speedy playmaker ran a few nice comeback routes that created a good amount of separation between him and the cornerback.

One of the factors limiting Amos’ draft stock is his size, as he is only 5-foot-11, 186 pounds. His body-type somewhat resembles Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Dwayne Harris. Amos did nothing but help his draft stock at the Shrine Game with a solid performance on Saturday combined with an excellent week of workouts.

KANSAS STATE CB NIGEL MALONE
The Wildcat cornerback intercepted Louisiana Tech quarterback Colby Cameron in the second quarter. It was a terrible throw by Cameron, but it was still a nice play by Malone to pick off the pass. Malone jumped the comeback route and made a nice play on the football to intercept the pass. He then went on to return the interception for a touchdown. That was Malone’s only big play of the day, but it was a game-changer that sparked the rest of the West squad.

Malone picked off seven passes as a junior. The playmaker then went one to intercept five passes as a senior in 2012. His production speaks for itself. Malone is a good cover corner who can change games with his playmaking ability. He stands 5-foot-10 and weighs 186 pounds.

Malone could be an option for the Buccaneers on day three of the upcoming NFL Draft. The Buccaneers will be looking for secondary help, and Malone won’t take a premium draft pick to acquire. He could provide quality depth and competition to a weak Tampa Bay secondary.

UTAH STATE RB KERWYNN WILLIAMS
Williams took over at running back in 2012 after the team lost Robert Turbin to the Seattle Seahawks and Michael Smith to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was outstanding, as he totaled 218 carries for 1,512 yards and 15 touchdowns.

The Aggie running back had an impressive outing at Saturday’s Shrine game. The Utah State back had a nice run to the outside where he showcased his speed and quickness. He juked out the cornerback and got up-field for a first down. Williams later returned a kick for a big gain, showcasing his top-end speed once again.

Williams should be able find a home on an NFL roster. He’s a great utility man that could be used in the passing game, screen passing game, running game, and on special teams. Reports coming out from this week’s practices said that Williams also impressed in pass-protection drills despite his diminutive stature (5-8, 189).

EAST TEAM
SOUTH CAROLINA DE DEVIN TAYLOR
The freak of an athletic specimen (6-foot-8, 267-pounds) impressed all week in practices prior to the game, but scouts and NFL personnel wanted to see if Taylor could transfer his practice domination to the football field in a game situation. Not only was Taylor able to play well, he looked even better in game action than he did during practice.

Taylor made his presence felt early and often, beginning with a quarterback strip in the first quarter. Later Taylor chased down a running back at least 15 yards down the field. Taylor had his second forced fumble in the second quarter and several tackles in between, including, despite being fooled to the inside on a bootleg, chasing down the West QB for little or no gain.

Showing consistent production is what scouts will try and determine if Taylor can do on the next level, but the potential is there for Taylor to become a productive NFL player down the road.

NORTH CAROLINA STATE CB EARL WOLFF
Wolff may have been the most steady cornerback from both the East and West squad during workouts this week, and the former N.C. State star may have moved his stock up by at least one round if not two. At 6-foot, 207-pounds Wolff has good size and showed the ability to play solid technique all week, and it showed Saturday night when Wolff nabbed a fourth quarter interception in the end zone, just managing to get both feet in bounds.

Projected as a seventh rounder before this week, Wolff may have played himself into the fifth or sixth rounds.

PITTSBURGH RB RAY GRAHAM
Graham was easily the most impressive running back during the East team’s workouts at Shorecrest Prep this week; displaying the versatility the NFL scouts love. Graham has the potential to become a three-down back in the mold of Tampa Bay’s Doug Martin with some improvement in pass protection. In fact Graham would look pretty good in red and pewter next season as a solid back up for Martin.

Graham showed toughness, agility and a high motor all week in practices, and scouts most certainly came away impressed with his ability to run, catch the ball out of the backfield, and as displayed Saturday night – even return kickoffs.

Saturday night Graham was second on the team with 23 yards rushing, one reception and two kickoffs returns for the East squad in a losing effort.

SOUTH CAROLINA OL T. J. JOHNSON
Johnson started the first day of practice as the East team’s starting center and never gave any ground on the depth chart. With some limitations size wise (short than desired wingspan) Johnson had to this week – and will in the NFL – rely on his toughness and tenacity. Saturday night Johnson anchored Jerry Glanville’s East team and played will helping his team average 4.2 yards per carry. Little pressure came up the middle and there were good inside running lanes for the most part.

Johnson had a solid week of practices and surely improved his draft stock, especially with the limited amount of talent in at the center position in this April’s NFL Draft. Projected as a 7th rounder, Johnson may see his name called a couple rounds sooner and could, over time, develop into a NFL caliber starting center, and at the very least provide depth to an NFL team at some point.

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Devin Taylor was explosive as u can imagine in that game, adn regardless of how guys played in the couple practices they had, there still a bunch of quality olineman, and prospects certainly go against less talented lineman then what those guys were going against yesterday, thats for sure.. Most of those guys are getting drafted, and tons of lineman, guys like Jarvis Jones or highly touted prospects went against, weren't even good enough to get a sniff at the shrine or sr bowl games..

Not to mention, its not like every player was dominating the way Devin Taylor was against those same olineman.. He was sensational, and u really can't take anything away from his performance... Its great that he played well but for me I take nothing from it. Ive seen plenty of SEC games with him playing against Offenses that had more than 3 days to practice together.Only guys that it matters for is guys who played a lower level of competition to see how they react.to better players

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 03:11 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/manti-teo-dallas-stars.jpg

laylow28
01-20-2013, 03:28 PM
Your in the bay area? Strippers &
Cocaine on me!! Can I tag along? lol

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 07:15 PM
Bleacher Reports latest Giants mock:

1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU
2nd Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia
3rd Leon McFadden, CB San Diego State
4th Gabe Ikard, C/G Oklahoma
5th Nico Johnson, LB Alabama
6th Keith Pough, LB Howard
7th Kerwynn Williams, RB Utah State

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 09:33 PM
Bleacher Reports latest Giants mock:

1st Ezekiel Ansah, DE BYU
2nd Oday Aboushi, OT Virginia
3rd Leon McFadden, CB San Diego State
4th Gabe Ikard, C/G Oklahoma
5th Nico Johnson, LB Alabama
6th Keith Pough, LB Howard
7th Kerwynn Williams, RB Utah State
Its good but I dont think Ansah is getting to us anymore

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Its good but I dont think Ansah is getting to us anymore

agreed.. Im ok with that

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
agreed.. Im ok with that

me too,,every athletically freakish, raw DE is not going to be JPP, we are very fortunate that he panned out. ansah had 10 tackles combined his sophomore and junior season and zero starts until this year,,,and played well against mostly lesser competition. we can do much better with the pick.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 10:03 PM
^^ Id rather give Tracy & Ojomo some burn.. See what they got

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-20-2013, 10:05 PM
^^ Id rather give Tracy & Ojomo some burn.. See what they got

agreed.

Redeyejedi
01-20-2013, 10:38 PM
^^ Id rather give Tracy & Ojomo some burn.. See what they gotThe problem with this is chances are they wont be any better than Tollefson than U are losing Osi ,Tuck is heading into his final year and hasnt produced for 2 years, Kiwi will be 31 at the end of the season. U are leaving the DE position the most important in a 4-3 Defense incredibly bare for the future. People act like the Giants have used so many picks at DE the truth is its the most ignored spot on the roster. They have drafted 1 DE in the last 5 years

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 10:40 PM
Im not saying dont draft a DE.. Im saying not in the 1st..

Buddy333
01-20-2013, 10:51 PM
DE is their biggest need followed by a RT.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 10:52 PM
DE is their biggest need followed by a RT.

I got to disagree and say LB is the biggest need.. MLB & SLB

Buddy333
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
They need to apply pressure to he QB. They need another DE opposite JPP. Getting the pressure they like to get on the QB will make the rest of the defense look better.

Carter.525
01-20-2013, 10:58 PM
They need to apply pressure to he QB. They need another DE opposite JPP. Getting the pressure they like to get on the QB will make the rest of the defense look better.

a combo of Kiwi & Tuck, opposite JPP

G-Men Surg.
01-21-2013, 12:14 AM
Im not saying dont draft a DE.. Im saying not in the 1st..
If the James Brewer 2year project isn't ready then I have to agree with you, Locklear is a free agent and Deihl's has 1year remaining in his contract and we don't know if he is going to get cut. Even if he plays out his contract its now or never to start getting younger and draft the next RT, I mention this possibility because the idea of signing a FA RT this year with our cap situation and Beatty's contract up the only way to go is the draft to start fixing the O-line. Add Boothe is a FA too and you all of a sudden need to look up for a Guard also .

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 12:36 AM
If the James Brewer 2year project isn't ready then I have to agree with you, Locklear is a free agent and Deihl's has 1year remaining in his contract and we don't know if he is going to get cut. Even if he plays out his contract its now or never to start getting younger and draft the next RT, I mention this possibility because the idea of signing a FA RT this year with our cap situation and Beatty's contract up the only way to go is the draft to start fixing the O-line. Add Boothe is a FA too and you all of a sudden need to look up for a Guard also .

if we cant get a cant miss, day one OL starter in the first round then i say pass, the pick can be used on CB or LB. we can get another OL "project" in a later round, or via free agency.

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 12:46 AM
if we cant get a cant miss, day one OL starter in the first round then i say pass, the pick can be used on CB or LB. we can get another OL "project" in a later round, or via free agency.

I think Joeckel and Warmack are the only cant miss.. both will be gone

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 12:51 AM
I think Joeckel and Warmack are the only cant miss.. both will be gone

long gone and all we need is another OL project.

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 12:53 AM
long gone and all we need is another OL project.

I like Lane Johnson alot.. think he be there in the 2nd..??

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 01:01 AM
I like Lane Johnson alot.. think he be there in the 2nd..??

it;s so hard to say,,but i tell you this,,jerry has to hit a home run with this draft, we need to replenish the ranks and infuse some more youth into this team.

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 09:32 AM
Figured Id post this hear

Eric Fisher from the Bowl game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD_FKoyzMxc

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 09:34 AM
long gone and all we need is another OL project. People said the same thing about Decastro he is a guard definitely a chance he is around. Joeckel yes no shot

Carter.525
01-21-2013, 09:42 AM
just picked up a Giants Insider newspaper one the way to work.. have the Giants taking CJ Mosley in the 1st..... fail

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 11:46 AM
I like Lane Johnson alot.. think he be there in the 2nd..??i personally dont.. i think hes gonna go in RD1 when said adn done.. Not only is he really good, but the OT class isn't to top heavy and i think a team will grab Johnson in RD 1, becasue hes got NFL LT potential in RD1..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 11:48 AM
I got to disagree and say LB is the biggest need.. MLB & SLBi personally think people are getting carried away with teh one positon or teh other debate.. Bottom line is we need help at all units in secondary and were not gonna be better unless we get players who can play at LB and End and Corner(outside of prince).. So we just need to pick up some good defnsive players, in my opinion..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 12:23 PM
i personally dont.. i think hes gonna go in RD1 when said adn done.. Not only is he really good, but the OT class isn't to top heavy and i think a team will grab Johnson in RD 1, becasue hes got NFL LT potential in RD1.. Litteraly just seen that both Lane Johnson and Eric Fisher both got plenty of oohs and ahhs from onlookers at tehre weigh ins for Sr.Bowl.. Rob Rang said they both looked the part.. So all ready theres positive press for Lane Johnson... Hes destined for 1st rd, i'm telling ya...

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Sanders Commins might have to play either S or LB in the pros, weighing 5ft 11in 223lbs..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 12:38 PM
A FA i woulden't mind signing if we could is Wallace Gillberry DE Bengals.. We actually signed em as a UDF a few yrs back but obviously he didn't stick and made a solid name for himself in KC and CINCY.. I think he could possibly be a good fit with GIants as a pass rusher off the bench, and sub for both tuck and JPP... It would at least help us temper our DE need, and allow us to focus on stacking other positons.. Gilberry creates forced fumbles solidly as well, kinda like OSI. with 5in his last 3seasons. while also accumilating 5 Fumble recoveries and 16sacks the past 3yrs.. He can play...

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
Sanders Commins might have to play either S or LB in the pros, weighing 5ft 11in 223lbs.. 5'11 7/8 so he is basically 6' but Georgia had him listed at 6'2". He cant play LB thats for sure. He could be a good Cover 2 Cornerback because he can tackle and play press

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 12:55 PM
A FA i woulden't mind signing if we could is Wallace Gillberry DE Bengals.. We actually signed em as a UDF a few yrs back but obviously he didn't stick and made a solid name for himself in KC and CINCY.. I think he could possibly be a good fit with GIants as a pass rusher off the bench, and sub for both tuck and JPP... It would at least help us temper our DE need, and allow us to focus on stacking other positons.. Gilberry creates forced fumbles solidly as well, kinda like OSI. with 5in his last 3seasons. while also accumilating 5 Fumble recoveries and 16sacks the past 3yrs.. He can play... I wonder what kind of deal he will get. He was 1 of the most productive Pressure per snap guys in the NFL from 09-11. He might be a low cost low risk high reward guy. I wouldnt pass up an end for him but Id still want him around if possible

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:00 PM
Name (North Roster) Position College Height Weight Hands Arms Wing Notes

Barner, Kenjon RB Oregon 5092 188 9028 2958 7238 light

Beauharnais, Steve LB Rutgers 6006 236 900 3200 7600

Brown, Arthur LB Kansas State 978 3214 7678 At doctor

Buchanon, Michael DE Illinois 6051 252 978 3314 7912 thick shoulders, long arms

Cave, Braxston OC Notre Dame 6030 304 9014 3038 7500 great physique

Cyprien, Jonathan SAF Florida International 6002 209 1018 3048 7658

Davis, Will CB Utah State 5113 182 834 3134 7400 real skinny

Dobson, Aaron WR Marshall 6025 203 848 3348 7900

Doyle, Jack TE Western Kentucky 6052 254 938 3218 7738

Dysert, Zac QB Miami(OH) 6027 224 900 3168 7818 good height measurment

Fisher, Eric OT Central Michigan 6072 305 1038 3400 8218 long arms, no fat, good muscle

Franklin, Johnathan RB UCLA 5100 201 948 2928 7178

Glennon, Mike QB North Carolina State 6066 220 938 3238 7868

Goodwin, Marquise WR Texas 5087 179 858 3068 7518 thick butt, can add mass

Gratz, Dwayne CB UConn 5111 200 1048 3078 7658

Greene, Khaseem LB Rutgers 6004 236 948 3178 7748

Harper, Chris WR Kansas State 6006 228 958 3200 7648

Hill, Jordan DT Penn State 6014 294 1000 3218 7948

Hunt, Margus DE South Methodist 6082 277 958 3338 8228 long, lean, can add a lot of muscle mass

Ingram, Luke LS Hawaii 6052 251 928 3168 7800

Jones, Datone DE UCLA 6041 280 968 3218 7900 huge buttom, huge chest

Juszczyk, Kyle FB Harvard 6013 248 918 3138 7568

Kasa, Kyle TE Colorado 6054 271 900 3218 7748

Locke, Jeff P UCLA 6007 203 848 2958 7318

Long, Kyle OT Oregon 6061 304 1078 3218 7918 taller than thought, natural build

Madsen, Joe OC West Virginia 6034 301 948 2918 7178

McDonald, TJ SAF USC 6023 211 878 3228 7828 rocked up, long arms, ideal size

Mellette, Aaron WR Elon 6024 216 958 3218 7818

Nassib, Ryan QB Syracuse 6020 223 1000 3100 7500 shorter, good thickness

Okafor, Alex DE Texas 6045 261 900 3318 7978 great physique

Otten, Ryan TE San Jose State 6052 235 958 3218 7878

Poyer, Jordan CB Oregon State 5116 182 948 3058 7358 real skinny

Powell, Ty LB Harding 1048 at doctor

Pugh, Justin OT Syracuse 6047 301 1000 3148 7848

Quessenberry, David OT San Jose State 6050 294 3378 8118 coke can

Red****, Kevin ILB North Carolina 6014 246 938 3158 7558

Robinson, Denard WR Michigan 5104 196 1000 3278 7700 great build

Rouse, Robbie RB Fresno State 5057 186 918 2748 6578 real good trunk

Sharp, Quinn K Oklahoma State 6010 193 918 2968 7178

Short, Kawann DT Purdue 6032 308 948 3368 8238 thick body, pear build

Simon, John DE/OLB Ohio State 6014 256 938 3268 7868 huge legs, thick all around

Taylor, Jamar CB Boise State 5106 192 938 2938 7300

Thomas, Phillip SAF Fresno State 6005 210 928 3028 7438 long torso, long arms

Thornton, Hugh OG Illinois 6032 313 978 3358 8218

Trufant, Desmond CB Washington 5111 190 828 3058 7348 great physique

Wagner, Ricky OT Wisconsin 6061 310 1018 3348 8100 thick all around

Wheaton, Markus WR Oregon State 5110 183 848 3228 7648

Williams, Brandon DT Southern Missouri 6017 341 958 3268 8018 round, very thick upper half

Sylvester Williams DT North Carolina 6026 313 958 3168 7548 not in great shape

Williams, Trevardo OLB UConn 6013 235 1048 3258 7838 no trunk

Williams, Duke SAF Nevada 5110 201 928 3200 7658

Winters, Brian OG Kent State 6034 310 948 3200 7818

Wreh-Wright Blidi CB Uconn 6005 192 868 3248 7748

Name (South Roster) Position College Height Weight Hands Arms Wing Notes

Aboushi, Oday OT Virginia 6052 310 1048 3278 8078

Alford, Robert CB Southeastern Louisiana 5097 186 938 3138 7448

Allen, Ryan P Lousisana Tech 6013 231 958 3168 7600

Ansah, Ezekial DE BYU 1000 3458 8228

Anthony, Marc CB California 5113 191 900 3148 7438

Bohanon, Tommy FB Wake Forest 6005 247 978 2968 7248 cut up

Collins, Jamie OLB Southern Missippi 6033 245 978 3338 8000 long arms

Commings, Sanders CB Georgia 5117 223 828 3118 7628

Dawkins, Everett DT Florida State 6021 288 1038 3228 7900 coke can

Edwards, Lavar DE LSU

Ellington, Andre RB Clemson 5094 197 928 3058 7258

Fluker, DJ OT Alabama 6047 355 1028 3668 8700 carries weight well, not too fat

Freeman, Dalton OC Clemson 6042 286 978 3100 7728 long torso

Gilkey, Garrett OT Chadron State 6057 314 1038 3168 7800

Gillislee, Mike RB Florida 5112 207 868 3068 7428

Gooden, Zavier OLB Missouri 6014 233 1000 3100 7628 amazing build..cut up

Goodman, Mallicah DE Clemson 6035 272 1078 3578 8768 big shoulders, long arms

Grissom, Cory DT South Florida 6013 313 918 3248 7918 big butt, thick legs

Hamilton, Cobi WR Arkansas 6016 199 858 3228 7658 slim build

Hopkins, Dustin PK Florida State

Hughes, Montori DT Tennessee-Martin 1018 3158 8028

Jenkins, John DT Georgia 6037 359 948 3318 8018

Johnson, Lane OT Oklahoma 6062 302 928 3278 7728 great build, no fat at all

Johnson, Nico ILB Alabama 6017 249 968 3500 8300

Jones, Landry QB Oklahoma 6035 221 900 3218 7800 needs to add upper body mass

King, Tavarres WR Georgia 6002 192 938 3258 7858

Lester, Robert SAF Alabama 6012 212 968 3168 7738 thick thighs

Lutzenkirchen, Phillip TE Auburn 6031 255 1018 3300 8058

Manuel, EJ QB Florida State 6043 237 1018 3500 8358 very good body, long arms and legs

McCalebb, Onterio RB Auburn 5101 164 868 3018 7418

McDonald, Vance TE Rice 6041 262 1000 3448 8158

McFadden, Leon CB San Diego State 5096 193 858 3128 7368

Nixon, Xavier OT Florida 6054 311 1048 3368 8068

Patton, Quinton WR Louisiana Tech 6000 202 918 3228 7668

Porter, Sean OLB Texas A&M 6013 231 938 3178 7728 v shaped build

Rambo, Bacarri SAF Georgia 6004 215 918 3048 7328

Rivera, Mychal TE Tennessee 6032 237 1028 3218 7858 light

Schwenke, Brian OC California 6030 307 948 3078 7248 skinny legs, can lose some fat

Swope, Ryan WR Texas A&M 6002 204 818 3038 7248 thick

Taylor, Stepfan RB Stanford 5090 216 838 2958 7258 thick upperbody, cut

Thomas, Dallas OT Tennessee 6052 308 1038 3200 8000 huge upper body

Thomas, Chase OLB Stanford 6031 241 948 3138 7558 small chest

Tinker, Carson LS Alabama 6001 231 918 3138 7638

Tretter, JC OG Cornell 6035 302 1018 3228 7818

Vernon, Conner WR Duke 6002 193 918 2968 7238

Warford, Larry OG Kentucky 6032 333 958 3178 7928 huge lower body

Washington, Cornelius OLB Georgia 6040 264 928 3378 8158 perfect build..ideal 3-4 backer

Webb, BW CB William & Mary 5102 183 958 3018 7248

Wilcox, JJ SAF Georgia Southern 5113 214 878 3048 7428

Williams, Terrance WR Baylor 6017 201 868 3058 7418 real thin legs, long arms

Williams, Michael TE Alabama 6056 269 1018 3268 8138 long arms, skinny legs..roomfor growth

Willimas, Vince LB Florida State 6004 247 918 3148 7538

Williams, Shawn SAF Georgia 5117 211 828 3000 7378

Wilson, Tyler QB Arkansas 6021 218 858 3100 7428 little gut..good muscle tone

juice33s
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Redeye What are the numbers next to Ansah and Arthur Brown?

One dissapointing measurement is Kyle longs Arm length

First JPP comparison, Ansah has a longer wingspan

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:12 PM
Redeye What are the numbers next to Ansah and Arthur Brown?

One dissapointing measurement is Kyle longs Arm length

First JPP comparison, Ansah has a longer wingspan

Hands Arms Wingspan

not sure why height weight isnt listed

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:21 PM
It says Ansah and Brown have AM doctor appointments I wonder if they have prior condtions that we dont know about.
Malich Goodman is an absolute monster almost 36" arms and an 88" wingspan
The OT measurements are disappointing lots of short arms

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 01:40 PM
It says Ansah and Brown have AM doctor appointments I wonder if they have prior condtions that we dont know about.
Malich Goodman is an absolute monster almost 36" arms and an 88" wingspan
The OT measurements are disappointing lots of short arms

Maybe they suffered undisclosed injuries late in the season and it's being checked out? I'd be shocked if anything serious was revealed now.

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:44 PM
Maybe they suffered undisclosed injuries late in the season and it's being checked out? I'd be shocked if anything serious was revealed now.Who really knows with Ansah , he grew up in Ghana. he might have certain previous medical issues.Its not like Arthur Brown who has been in the spotlight from Rivals since he was in HS

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:48 PM
Good read from Matt Waldman
http://mattwaldmanrsp.com/2013/01/21/2013-senior-bowl-weigh-in/

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 01:50 PM
Who really knows with Ansah , he grew up in Ghana. he might have certain previous medical issues.Its not like Arthur Brown who has been in the spotlight from Rivals since he was in HS

Excellent point. I hope it's nothing serious because it would be a darn shame for someone with his athleticism to be held back by a big medical condition.

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 01:54 PM
Excellent point. I hope it's nothing serious because it would be a darn shame for someone with his athleticism to be held back by a big medical condition.Malich Goodman seems to be the winner of the weigh in. The Bowl game he played fantastic but for most of the season he was a non factor

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 01:59 PM
wow, surprised Poyer only weighs 182lbs.. Also, Otten only weighing in at 235lbs, but he does have the length to possibly add additonal weight without hindering his recieving ability.. Jamar Taylor has some short arms, but solid ht/wt, and also surprised will davis comes in at 182lbs.. Alittle light on 2 of my fave cb prospects poyer and davis..

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 02:00 PM
Malich Goodman seems to be the winner of the weigh in. The Bowl game he played fantastic but for most of the season he was a non factor

Those kids always worry me because there could be so many reasons for his lack of production. Is it a lack of motor? Bad coaching? Not being properly used for what his skillset offers? It's one thing to be an athletic freak and enter the league unpolished but at least show some good tape every now and then. Smells like a Dontari Poe scenario but on a smaller scale.

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 02:04 PM
Everett Dawkins weighs only 288lbs? That can't be good for a guy most known to clog the middle more then produce pass rush..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 02:05 PM
Those kids always worry me because there could be so many reasons for his lack of production. Is it a lack of motor? Bad coaching? Not being properly used for what his skillset offers? It's one thing to be an athletic freak and enter the league unpolished but at least show some good tape every now and then. Smells like a Dontari Poe scenario but on a smaller scale. I would not mind taking Datone Jones or Goodman in the 3rd rd.. I think both lack a bit of pass rush consistency, but will stack up well against the run, get at least averege pass rush, while helping wear down a oline with there physical style of play... Both would make good replacements for TUck, i believe..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Man, a guy i love Brian Winters OT Kent St comes in at only 6ft 3in with short arms at 32in. Hes gonna have to move inside to G and play T on emergency basis only, which will hurt his stock a tad, i would imagine..

I really like that Lane Johnson.. All the measurables, slick pass blocker, and good use of hands... Hes growing on me, but he'll be a 1st rd pick i believe, when all said and done.. Eric Fishers going in the top 15, i will gurantee it.. Hes really good.. Dallas Thomas has shorter arms then i expected as well, which might hurt his stock a tad...

A sleeper G prospect that did pretty good in weigh ins was JC TRETTER G CORNELL.. Came in at 6ft 3in over 300lbs, and even though has a tad short arms, hes a athletic former TE, with a good bloodline and reminds me of a GIANTS type player..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Ryan Swope had smallest hands of any player..

TheEnigma
01-21-2013, 02:15 PM
Did Larry Warford, G, Kentucky slim down? They have him at 333 at the weigh in for the Senior Bowl while most projections at him around the 345 range. I would say 315-330 is the ideal weight to appeal to the majority of teams in the NFL because not all GMs like the bigger OL prospects.

juice33s
01-21-2013, 05:22 PM
3 Corner's we've talked about already looking good in 1v1's at the senior bowl (Poyer, Trufant and Jamar Taylor)...Mayock seems to like Jordan Poyer alot

juice33s
01-21-2013, 05:26 PM
Poyers a stud, just drew a comparison to Allen Iverson lol...I want that guy

juice33s
01-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Some standouts in OL DL drills- Okafor, Ficher, brian Winters, Quisenbarry

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 06:33 PM
3 Corner's we've talked about already looking good in 1v1's at the senior bowl (Poyer, Trufant and Jamar Taylor)...Mayock seems to like Jordan Poyer alot Yup, Poyers insane.. I've been extremely high on him for months.. Also have been falling hard for Jamar Taylor.. Redeye just hooked me up with a vid of his against UNLV.. He reminds me of Casey Hayward from last yr, as a CB i thought was way better then rankings and will go up draft boards some, but not enough to what his talent is.. Somones gonna get a steal with him in late 2nd/3rd rd.... Always liked Trufant as well..

All 3 of those guys are studs...

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Some standouts in OL DL drills- Okafor, Ficher, brian Winters, Quisenbarry Brian Winters is really good.. Hes probably a G though, with his weigh in today.. Eric FIsher is the real deal.. No chance he gets by San Diego probably at 12.. At least he shoulden't...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 06:42 PM
Brian Winters is really good.. Hes probably a G though, with his weigh in today.. Eric FIsher is the real deal.. No chance he gets by San Diego probably at 12.. At least he shoulden't...

could san diego trade up for joeckel? I have this weird feeling.

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 06:56 PM
could san diego trade up for joeckel? I have this weird feeling. I'm sure they could, if they want 2.. Might make sense, with a new coach who needs his QB to revert to old self, so protecting him could be a focal point and worth the risk for SD.. They could offer KC a solid package of picks this yr and maybe a early pick next yr... It could happen... If SD was picking 1st, Joeckl would 100pct be the pick, thats for sure.. They may be happy trying to get Eric Fisher though, whos also a stud, and looked great at Weigh In's today, or even try trading up a handful of picks to get Fisher, insrtead of trading so much to get Joeckl...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm sure they could, if they want 2.. Might make sense, with a new coach who needs his QB to revert to old self, so protecting him could be a focal point and worth the risk for SD.. They could offer KC a solid package of picks this yr and maybe a early pick next yr... It could happen... If SD was picking 1st, Joeckl would 100pct be the pick, thats for sure.. They may be happy trying to get Eric Fisher though, whos also a stud, and looked great at Weigh In's today, or even try trading up a handful of picks to get Fisher, insrtead of trading so much to get Joeckl...
I read somewhere that joeckel has problems with DE,,mainly getting pushed around,,,true?

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 07:03 PM
I read somewhere that joeckel has problems with DE,,mainly getting pushed around,,,true? I think hes a stud, personally.. I don't think he has to many problems with DE's, or he woulden't be a possible top pick.. Everyones got weaknesses, but Joeckl can pass block, run block, and has great measurables, seems like a great kid..etc Hes the complete package, and a very safe pick, in my opinion..

nycsportzfan
01-21-2013, 07:04 PM
Kevin Red**** is a freaking ox! 6ft 1in 246lber..lol That kids a unit! No wonder he gets all those TFL...

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 07:07 PM
I think hes a stud, personally.. I don't think he has to many problems with DE's, or he woulden't be a possible top pick.. Everyones got weaknesses, but Joeckl can pass block, run block, and has great measurables, seems like a great kid..etc Hes the complete package, and a very safe pick, in my opinion..

agreed

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Kevin Red**** is a freaking ox! 6ft 1in 246lber..lol That kids a unit! No wonder he gets all those TFL...

when I see a guy like this I immediately think of greg jones,,,fair or not.

Redeyejedi
01-21-2013, 09:59 PM
Khassem greene vs VT 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1tzPDBd2o

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1tzPDBd2o

he looks pretty good as well,,but it so hard to predict which one of these guys excels at the next level,,it could be a 1st rounder or a 4th rounder,,like any position, you just never know.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 07:08 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR1tzPDBd2o What a great tape for Greene.. What a freaking player.. Ur getting me giddy with ur videos lately..lol Jamar Taylor vs UNLV, and now Khaseem Greene bowl game! Love it redeye!

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 07:10 AM
when I see a guy like this I immediately think of greg jones,,,fair or not. Nah, hes alot bigger then Greg Jones was... This guy had 18.5 TFL this past season alone, and also defneded like 5passes with a pick as well... I liked JOnes, but not as much as Red****..

Red**** was sesnational in first practice, from what i read at Sr Bowl as well...

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 07:23 AM
Nah, hes alot bigger then Greg Jones was... This guy had 18.5 TFL this past season alone, and also defneded like 5passes with a pick as well... I liked JOnes, but not as much as Red****..

Red**** was sesnational in first practice, from what i read at Sr Bowl as well...2" taller , His height weight seems to be the ideal right now for LB's.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 07:27 AM
2" taller , His height weight seems to be the ideal right now for LB's. Ya, i agree.. Its funny with Red****, he kinda flew under the radar and seemed like a guy like Zach Brown and Bruce Carter, that was next in line to underachieve at UNC at LB core but certainly be a worthy 3rd-4th rd LB, but then u go back and look, and the guy was a beast this past season.. Sure, he started off just averege maybe, but his season as a whole, was very very good.

I've been saying this for wk's now, and then his measurables come out yesterday, and its like, DAMN! U put Khaseeme Greene on the outside with Red**** on Inside , and thats really a big time upgrade to the LB core...

Redeyejedi
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey
That sound you hear is Eric Fisher's stock rising. Hearing "top 5" and "top 3" used by scouts/media/agents

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Michael Schottey ‏@Schottey
That sound you hear is Eric Fisher's stock rising. Hearing "top 5" and "top 3" used by scouts/media/agents Ya, Eric Fishers awesome.. I knew he wasen't getting past San Diego anyways, but now there talking about him challenging Joeckl as u said.. I have no issue with it, as i love Eric Fisher...

BlueSanta
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
Nah, hes alot bigger then Greg Jones was... This guy had 18.5 TFL this past season alone, and also defneded like 5passes with a pick as well... I liked JOnes, but not as much as Red****..

Red**** was sesnational in first practice, from what i read at Sr Bowl as well...

Yep, Jones was 2-3 inches shorter.

People may remember that Greg Jones downfall really began at the Senior Bowl practice week where coaches felt uncomfortable with him at any LB spot. He couldnt play outside because his short arms prevented him from disengaging vs interior linemen. There were several negative comments about his play, especially when they tried to play him outside.

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 09:41 PM
Yep, Jones was 2-3 inches shorter.

People may remember that Greg Jones downfall really began at the Senior Bowl practice week where coaches felt uncomfortable with him at any LB spot. He couldnt play outside because his short arms prevented him from disengaging vs interior linemen. There were several negative comments about his play, especially when they tried to play him outside.

And he couldnt run.

Red**** to me is a slightly more athletic, but less instinctive and less physical version of Brandon Spikes.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 09:50 PM
And he couldnt run.

Red**** to me is a slightly more athletic, but less instinctive and less physical version of Brandon Spikes. More productive then Spikes though, as well.. U don't see to many MLB's making as many plays behind the line as u do Kevin Red****.. 18.5 TFL kinda jumps out at you.. I agree hes also a bit more athletic then Greg Jones...

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 10:29 PM
After missing weigh-ins, BYU DE Ezekiel Ansah measured in at 6'5 and 1/4" with a weight of 274 pounds.

It is very close to Ansah's listed weight at BYU of 6'6/270 pounds. If you are hoping for the next edge rushing, JPP type player, Ansah will not offer those kinds of skills. Instead the inexperienced prospects spent time at rush linebacker, end in a 4-4, end in a 3-4 and at nose tackle. His best skill is his closing speed once creating separation.

Source: Josh Norris on Twitter (https://twitter.com/joshnorris/status/293864029108178945)

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 10:39 PM
More productive then Spikes though, as well.. U don't see to many MLB's making as many plays behind the line as u do Kevin Red****.. 18.5 TFL kinda jumps out at you.. I agree hes also a bit more athletic then Greg Jones...

Uhh... Spikes in 2007 had 16 TFL. Red**** was blitzed constantly because he is not very good moving backwards. They even played him at DE.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 10:45 PM
Uhh... Spikes in 2007 had 16 TFL. Red**** was blitzed constantly because he is not very good moving backwards. They even played him at DE.

a ILB that can play DE too.. sounds like a versatile guy..

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 10:48 PM
a ILB that can play DE too.. sounds like a versatile guy..

Except he is not particularly good at either.

Best fit for him is inside in a 3-4.

Carter.525
01-22-2013, 10:54 PM
Except he is not particularly good at either.

Best fit for him is inside in a 3-4.

Im sold..

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 11:23 PM
a ILB that can play DE too.. sounds like a versatile guy.. I just got done watching another video of him, and didn't see him playing DE at all.. He's definetly a guy that i think the GIANTS will show intrest in.. He looks like a perfect fit for our MLB positon..

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 11:34 PM
I just got done watching another video of him, and didn't see him playing DE at all.. He's definetly a guy that i think the GIANTS will show intrest in.. He looks like a perfect fit for our MLB positon..

You see all those times he covers TEs/backs and drops deep? Oh wait. That never happens. Hes just way too stiff to be anything more than a SAM or a 3-4 ILB.

Just watch the tape against NC State if you want to see him playing DE.

Specifically, if you want to see his entire problem, look at 1:40 into the video. he cant flip his hips and turn, at all. He does a lovely 360 later in the video trying to turn.

Bruce Carter and Zach Brown were some of the most physically gifted players in the country, Red**** not so much.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 11:34 PM
Uhh... Spikes in 2007 had 16 TFL. Red**** was blitzed constantly because he is not very good moving backwards. They even played him at DE. uhh, 18.5 is more then 16, and Spikes production declined as he stayed at Florida.. Red****s continued to go up, culminating in the 18.5 TFL season.. Also, Florida played a extra game the yr ur talking about compared to Red**** this past season.. Not to mention, Florida just had a much better team then UNC this past season.. Red**** is gonna get drafted by a 4/3 team, i'll almost gurantee it. I think he'd be a perfect fit to play MLB for us.. He sheds blocks well, and is not a total slouch in coverege, and has all the measurables, and played in a 4/3 in college.. Where did u see him playing DE? I just watched a couple video's of his today, and didn't see him play DE at all?

slipknottin
01-22-2013, 11:43 PM
uhh, 18.5 is more then 16, and Spikes production declined as he stayed at Florida.. Red****s continued to go up, culminating in the 18.5 TFL season.. Also, Florida played a extra game the yr ur talking about compared to Red**** this past season.. Not to mention, Florida just had a much better team then UNC this past season.. Red**** is gonna get drafted by a 4/3 team, i'll almost gurantee it. I think he'd be a perfect fit to play MLB for us.. He sheds blocks well, and is not a total slouch in coverege, and has all the measurables, and played in a 4/3 in college.. Where did u see him playing DE? I just watched a couple video's of his today, and didn't see him play DE at all?

Just curious, but how do you manage to go through all of these guys tapes and conclude all of them are great. Dont you think maybe you are missing something if everyone is projecting them as a later round pick, but you think he is a great starter?

The difference is Spikes actually could play in coverage, had the instincts for it, and probably has a bit better flexibility and change of direction. So he wasent used as a blizter almost every play.

nycsportzfan
01-22-2013, 11:58 PM
Just curious, but how do you manage to go through all of these guys tapes and conclude all of them are great. Dont you think maybe you are missing something if everyone is projecting them as a later round pick, but you think he is a great starter?

The difference is Spikes actually could play in coverage, had the instincts for it, and probably has a bit better flexibility and change of direction. So he wasent used as a blizter almost every play. I think every prospects gonna be great? Nah, i just don't think one or 2 guys is good, and thats it... And who gives a cr-ap about Brandon SPikes anyways?

Go look at Maryland VS UNC and u will see Red**** drop into coverege a handful of times, and made the brilliant play on the ball at one point, albeit, he didn't pick it, and he took the back outta the backfield once or twice as well.. I've never said hes awesome in coverege, as i don't think he is, but i think hes so good vs the run, and not overly dreadful against the pass, that it makes up for it... I did see him play DE in 2plays in that tape though, i will say that.

I also look at alot of prospects and think there good even if they are just gonna be a helpful part to the team, even as a reserve.. Its hard enough to do that, so it means something to be a decent reserve , and a guy who can stick on a team and help more then hurt them... Red**** is not a late rd pick either, and isn't it funny that this guys getting solid reviews at the Sr bowl this wk so far??? hmmmm?

This coming from a guy who wanted us to draft Brian Robiske, and was all about Taylor Mays, amongst many others.. Red**** will go in the top 3-4 rds, which is not a late rd pick, by the way..

slipknottin
01-23-2013, 12:03 AM
Isn't that the point? You are admitting he is quite bad against the pass.

Yes he does a good job of coming up and taking on blockers.

Combine those two things and what do you get? A 3-4 ILB thumper.

A guy who has minimal coverage responsibility, often comes off the field on passing downs, and a guy whose primary job is to come up and occupy and shed a blocker.

His skill set does not fit AT ALL with what you want with a 3 down MLB. Especially one who plays in a Tampa 2 where his range and coverage ability is critical.

And getting solid reviews? He did well in the blitz drills against HBs and struggled a ton in coverage drills vs HBs and TEs. Exactly how he should look.

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 04:40 AM
Isn't that the point? You are admitting he is quite bad against the pass.

Yes he does a good job of coming up and taking on blockers.

Combine those two things and what do you get? A 3-4 ILB thumper.

A guy who has minimal coverage responsibility, often comes off the field on passing downs, and a guy whose primary job is to come up and occupy and shed a blocker.

His skill set does not fit AT ALL with what you want with a 3 down MLB. Especially one who plays in a Tampa 2 where his range and coverage ability is critical.

And getting solid reviews? He did well in the blitz drills against HBs and struggled a ton in coverage drills vs HBs and TEs. Exactly how he should look.
Listen, theres no doubt pass coverege is the worst part of Kevin Red****s game, but that does not mean he can't be a heck of a player for us.. His pass rush skills, and even his expierence helping at DE now and again, because of lost players from seasons before , and his abiity against the run, and to sniff out screen passes, and on occasion make the play in pass coverege , with solid measurables is something that we could use... Even if he ends up being just a 2down LB, thats fine, because ur talking about a 3rd or 4th rd pick.. I want em for his ability to make plays behind the line, and help against the run, a area we were attacked pretty easily at times last yr, and the fact he can rush the passer, and is great at blitzing, seeing how we got very little pass rush from our LB's, it'd be nice to see a LB who can get to the QB on occasion and take a bit of the pressure off of our Dline which is either Old or inexpierenced in most cases, outside of JPP.. I think he'd be a upgrade over Chase Blackburn, and has the potential to get better in pass coverege, as hes shown glimpses, as his 6 passes defended this past season show...

Prospects all have weaknesses, oh except Arthur Brown of course(j/k..lol), and especially late 3rd/4th rd prospects, but with that said, Red****s package is exciting for that late of a pick, and he has the makings to be a pretty solid NFL LB in any system...

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 05:58 AM
What kinda Contract u think Derek Cox CB Jags is gonna get? I've always liked em as a player, but he is injury prone, at a positon we always have injuries.. That said, hes very talented, and the injury history will make him a bit cheaper, and when healthy, hes a heck of a CB.. Obviously were gonna have to do a couple things in FA'cy, weather minor moves or whatever, becasue draft isn't fixing everything.. Getting a guy like cox, and then drafting a CB in the mid rds isn't a bad idea, i think?

EJ Biggers is another CB i'd be interested in bringing in via FA'cy..

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 06:10 AM
Walts Weekly 4rd mock came out today.. I love what hes got us doing this wk! All 4players, are guys i really like, which rarley happens..

1). Ez Ansah DE BYU
2). Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers(maybe some dumb teams let him fall this far becasue ht's only 6ft and a tad light)
4). Leon McFadden CB San Diego St(what a 4th rd steal this would be)

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 07:48 AM
I was watching the LSU Texas A&M Bowl game again yesterday. I was really impressed with the true freshman Damonte Moore the kid can play. He is going to put up some sack numbers. </P>

Hey did U know that Clay Matthews and Casey matthews cousin plays for Tackle for Texas A &m. RT Jake Matthwes is a true freshman. Cant wait till 3 years from now everyone will be saying to to draft him</P> Good Calls Redeye from March 11th 2011.. Nailed it with Damontre Moore and Jake Matthews..lol

Carter.525
01-23-2013, 08:41 AM
Walts Weekly 4rd mock came out today.. I love what hes got us doing this wk! All 4players, are guys i really like, which rarley happens..

1). Ez Ansah DE BYU
2). Sharrif Floyd DT Florida
3). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers(maybe some dumb teams let him fall this far becasue ht's only 6ft and a tad light)
4). Leon McFadden CB San Diego St(what a 4th rd steal this would be)

not bad.. I think o-line needs to be somewhere in the first 4 rounds though..

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 08:50 AM
not bad.. I think o-line needs to be somewhere in the first 4 rounds though.. Eh, as long as were filling spots and making our team better , i don't mind.. I mean, were using FA'cy one way or the other, and whats it really matter where were using FA'cy? Or maybe James Brewer is ready to help, as well.. Don't get me wrong, i realize our Oline must be bolstered, and i'm fine with going Oline in RD 1 , 2,3, or 4, but u can't fill em all in Draft, and that draft helps our defense so much, its ridiculous, that its almost worth not having a draft pick for the oline...

Theres a ton of oline guys out there that were UDF's or drafted in rds 5-7, that i think we can still get something.. A guy like TJ Johnson C/G S.carolina comes to mind, or Terron Armstead of Ark Pine Bluff, or Earl Watford G James Madison..etc Just 2 name a few...

If our draft ended first 4rds like that, i'd be ok with not drafting a Olineman.. Now dosen't mean that any 4some of defenders in first 4rds would make me happy, but that 4some happens to bolster interior and exterior of Dline, as well as giving us legit CB and playmaking LB.. Floyd is a stud against the run as well. I would like a bit more pass rush from our DT's though, but Floyd and Joseph could really clog up the middle for us, and Joseph gets decent pressure for a DT, and i think Floyd could get us 3-6 sacks a yr as well..

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 04:53 PM
Dion Jordan is going to wait till after the combine to have surgery on his torn Labrum. Probably wont see him lift which 1 of the drills I wanted to see him perform

rainierjef
01-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Dion Jordan is going to wait till after the combine to have surgery on his torn Labrum. Probably wont see him lift which 1 of the drills I wanted to see him perform
How much do you think this hurts his stock if any?

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 08:29 PM
How much do you think this hurts his stock if any? The Dad of Brennan Williams the UNC OT flipped out when i said it was a serious injury. Tuck tore his at Notre Dame and tore it again with FLozell Adams tripped him and has constantly had issues with it.

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 08:33 PM
Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug

rainierjef
01-23-2013, 08:53 PM
The Dad of Brennan Williams the UNC OT flipped out when i said it was a serious injury. Tuck tore his at Notre Dame and tore it again with FLozell Adams tripped him and has constantly had issues with it.

So we're looking at a 2nd -3rd drop?

Redeyejedi
01-23-2013, 09:01 PM
So we're looking at a 2nd -3rd drop? I have no idea only takes 1 team. Im sure the teams doctors will want to look at it

nycsportzfan
01-23-2013, 09:41 PM
Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug Its yet another reason i really like Eric Fisher...

Carter.525
01-23-2013, 10:29 PM
Draft analyst Tony Pauline reports Oregon OLB Dion Jordan will likely put off his shoulder surgery until after the Combine in order to workout at the event.

Pauline adds that more information should surface in the next few days. Yahoo!'s Doug Farrar recently wrote a story stating Jordan played the 2012 season at 226 pounds but hopes to weigh in at the Combine at 250. He is a perfect fit at strong side linebacker in our opinion and offers pass rushing ability on third downs.

Source: Tony Pauline on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/294182349023899648)

strong side LB huh.. interesting

tdawg1413
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.

TheEnigma
01-24-2013, 10:31 AM
Someone on Twitter said Mayock was talking about Eric Fisher watching Youtube cut ups of the Senior Bowl Dlineman. I wondering if he was watching Draftbreakdowns videos should of gave us a plug

That's some dedication right there for a man of his age. Just imagine how much effort he is going to put in when it's game time.

In watching the Senior Bowl practices yesterday, Ansah has fallen out of the first round for me. To compare him to JPP is ludicrous. He has nowhere near the natural pass rushing skills that JPP had coming out nor does he have the bend around the corner. He has a lot of upside but he is a project. I'm sure he will blow up the combine and a team falls in love with him and I'm hoping that's a team that picks before us. Okafor is far superior IMO.

Maybe he shouldn't be selected as a 4-3 DE in the 1st round but I'd roll the dice on him all day as a 3-4 DE. I'm sure the 49ers would be stoked to take this kid as Justin Smith's replacement when he moves on. Ansah and Aldon Smith would be a sick combo.

tdawg1413
01-24-2013, 10:35 AM
That's some dedication right there for a man of his age. Just imagine how much effort he is going to put in when it's game time.

Maybe he shouldn't be selected as a 4-3 DE in the 1st round but I'd roll the dice on him all day as a 3-4 DE. I'm sure the 49ers would be stoked to take this kid as Justin Smith's replacement when he moves on. Ansah and Aldon Smith would be a sick combo.

Yeah, what I mean is out of the first round for us. He is definitely a better fit in a 3-4 defense but as a 4-3 end, I don't see much at all.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 11:53 AM

Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again

tdawg1413
01-24-2013, 01:15 PM
Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside

I agree with most of this. I love Jones as I feel he offers a lot more of what we desire in a DL. He has the versatility to kick inside on 3rd downs, plays the run well and can rush from the end.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 01:19 PM
I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 02:21 PM
Why I dont take any stock from these events I do agree with some of your points. I dont think he is that flexible around the corner but either was Tuck.I think Ansah could help in terms of rushing from the 1 or 3 tech on 3rd down.in terms of pass rushing skills ansah didn't get the same oppurtunties to rush the QB like Okafor or jpp. He in fact plays a different position .he primarily was a 5 tech even some 0 u might be right his best spot could be a 3-4 not disputing that.I still think he could play as a 4-3 strongside end and give u enough as a pass rusher.I do think the giants primary need is an edge rusher which ansah relly isn't. I wouldn't be upset with a strongside end though.I started cutting some games of Datone Jones last night he offers a little more in terms of passrushing and still can contain the edge. I think u have to have ends that can force athletic QB's back inside. I think the Giants D was at its best when Tuck was inside causing problems Id like to get a guy that can do that again Datone JOnes is so physical and stong, he reminds me alot of Justin Tuck.. Hes been looking really good at the sr bowl practices , from what i've read..

As far as Ansah, he is a physical freak , and i think the more he learns the game of football and the positon of 4/3 end, the better he'll get.. He all ready makes splash plays, and all he really needs to do, is figure out 1or2 more pass rush moves, and he's gonna be a stud.. He's also pretty solid at jumping up and batting down passes, which he did yet again in Sr Bowl practice. I guess he made a play eerily simialr to the one he made in the bowl game...

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 02:25 PM
I think the whole line needs to be rebuilt. Id like to see a Strongside end that can slide inside on 3rd down and be replaced with a speed rusher in passing situations Heres the play i was talking about , as it came from the Scrimmage at the end of the day yesterday.. Charlie Campbell is doing the reporting..

Perhaps the most impressive play of practice came when Ansah skied into the air to deflect a pass from Florida State quarterback E.J. Manuel. The deflected ball floated long enough for Gooden to be able to snatch it for an interception. Ansah got incredibly high to deflect that pass, and it looked like a play he made in BYU's bowl game last month. Ansah really displayed his explosiveness.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 05:59 PM
Just put this up, Need to do more cut ups on tackles. Lane Johnson might be the favorite at 19 from a value/need standpoint

Oday Aboushi vs UNC 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEN7l5pBA3Y

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 06:03 PM
Just put this up, Need to do more cut ups on tackles. Lane Johnson might be the favorite at 19 from a value/need standpoint

Oday Aboushi vs UNC 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEN7l5pBA3Y

maybe? but giants will take BPA like always, need or not and I wish it always wasnt that way..

Imgrate
01-24-2013, 06:23 PM
maybe? but giants will take BPA like always, need or not and I wish it always wasnt that way.. David Wilson wasn't the bpa last year. You see what happen when you reach?

Carter.525
01-24-2013, 06:24 PM
maybe? but giants will take BPA like always, need or not and I wish it always wasnt that way..

BPA could be Aboushi in the 2nd..

ELI_HOF_NYG
01-24-2013, 06:36 PM
David Wilson wasn't the bpa last year. You see what happen when you reach?

according to the giants he was,,,we reached? wilson is exactly what this team needed and he's gonna be a hell of a player

Imgrate
01-24-2013, 09:46 PM
according to the giants he was,,,we reached? wilson is exactly what this team needed and he's gonna be a hell of a player According to the giants cordy glenn was the bpa. A split carry back in the first round is not exactly what this team needed. It needed dl cb and ol help. We would be in MUCH better shape had we taken jenkins reyes worthy branch or glenn instead of Wilson. Awful pick.

slipknottin
01-24-2013, 10:41 PM
According to the giants cordy glenn was the bpa. A split carry back in the first round is not exactly what this team needed. It needed dl cb and ol help. We would be in MUCH better shape had we taken jenkins reyes worthy branch or glenn instead of Wilson. Awful pick.

Except they dont seem to think Wilson is a split carry back, Reese thinks he is a starter who will get the bulk of the carries.

And for a team with the worst running game in the league, a back was crucial to add.

Redeyejedi
01-24-2013, 10:47 PM
Except they dont seem to think Wilson is a split carry back, Reese thinks he is a starter who will get the bulk of the carries.

And for a team with the worst running game in the league, a back was crucial to add. u think he will be Tiki Barber and hog all the carries we shall see. Barber was a damn good receiver as well. I thought he was a mid 2nd rounder. He didnt have the instincts of a 1st round back ,and wasnt a receiver or blocker.That being said he is the most physically talented RB the Giants have ever had

juice33s
01-24-2013, 11:08 PM
According to the giants cordy glenn was the bpa. A split carry back in the first round is not exactly what this team needed. It needed dl cb and ol help. We would be in MUCH better shape had we taken jenkins reyes worthy branch or glenn instead of Wilson. Awful pick.
You probably thought Tiki Barber was an awful pick at #36 too then

nycsportzfan
01-24-2013, 11:40 PM
u think he will be Tiki Barber and hog all the carries we shall see. Barber was a damn good receiver as well. I thought he was a mid 2nd rounder. He didnt have the instincts of a 1st round back ,and wasnt a receiver or blocker.That being said he is the most physically talented RB the Giants have ever had He'll make some plays, but i just wonder if it'll be enough to warrent a 1st rd selection.. I'd like to get a back to go with him, going forward.. Or at worst, bring back Andre Brown, and hope he stays healthy...

Redeyejedi
01-25-2013, 08:15 AM
He'll make some plays, but i just wonder if it'll be enough to warrent a 1st rd selection.. I'd like to get a back to go with him, going forward.. Or at worst, bring back Andre Brown, and hope he stays healthy... RB skills are a lot more about instincts than just pure physical ability. 4.5 is plenty fast enough for a RB if they can see plays develop before they happen ,set up and hide behind blocks, dont be so quick to cut everything back. Being really fast and having exceptional balance doesnt mean much if U arent good at those things. Sure u will burn a team for a long run but good RB's will take the play and get 5 yards on 1st down instead of trying to force something and get nothing. Its easier to call plays from 2nd and 5 than 2nd and 10

Imgrate
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
You probably thought Tiki Barber was an awful pick at #36 too then Tiki was a fluid catcher of the ball. That was all ive wanted in recent years to add to what we have. You can get that in mid rounds

nycsportzfan
01-25-2013, 10:16 AM
RB skills are a lot more about instincts than just pure physical ability. 4.5 is plenty fast enough for a RB if they can see plays develop before they happen ,set up and hide behind blocks, dont be so quick to cut everything back. Being really fast and having exceptional balance doesnt mean much if U arent good at those things. Sure u will burn a team for a long run but good RB's will take the play and get 5 yards on 1st down instead of trying to force something and get nothing. Its easier to call plays from 2nd and 5 than 2nd and 10 You know i agree..

What if great value for a back comes up at some point in the first 3rds, do u think we'd snatch up a comp back for wilson if the value was BPA? Say Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 3rd??(just a example, i dont' think he'll be there)

Redeyejedi
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
You know i agree..

What if great value for a back comes up at some point in the first 3rds, do u think we'd snatch up a comp back for wilson if the value was BPA? Say Eddie Lacy is there when we pick in the 3rd??(just a example, i dont' think he'll be there)I like the committee approach myself. It was Awesome when they had Bradshaw Jacobs and Ward

slipknottin
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Tiki was a fluid catcher of the ball. That was all ive wanted in recent years to add to what we have. You can get that in mid rounds

Wilson was a capable receiver in college. Didn't do it often, but that was scheme related. The more he gets the pass blocking down the more you will see his receiving game. He could be very good at that

nycsportzfan
01-25-2013, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Redeyejedi;670311]I like the committee approach myself. It was Awesome when they had Bradshaw Jacobs and Ward[/QUOTE I still like Kerwynn WIlliams for the job , if we wait.. He looked good in passblock drills last wk, is a tough kid, whos not afraid of contact, even though his stature and skill set says difrently, and he catches the ball fantastically..

Carter.525
01-25-2013, 08:49 PM
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah says BYU DL Ezekiel Ansah has split NFL evaluators after his performance in Mobile.

Some teams left Senior Bowl week worried about Ansah while others "are still bullish on the incredible upside of the BYU defender." Ziggy was asked to rush from the edge on one on ones and looked far more comfortable the final day of practice against the run, but he struggled all week to shed from blockers when pass rushing.
Source: NFL.com (http://www.nfl.com/seniorbowl/story/0ap1000000130606/article/desmond-trufants-draft-stock-soaring-ezekiel-ansah-too-raw)

nycsportzfan
01-25-2013, 11:05 PM
Cool interview of Mike Mayock by the guys at Walterfootball from the Sr.bowl, discussing ND prospects and diffrence between Kuechly and Te'o

2013 Senior Bowl Interview: Mike Mayock

By Charlie Campbell - @draftcampbell

Prior to the BCS National Championship and the fake girlfriend scandal, many thought that Notre Dame inside linebacker Manti Te'o could be a top-10 pick in April. The NFL draft had been trending away from inside linebackers going early in the first round, but last year that trend was bucked by Boston College's Luke Kuechly, who went to the Carolina Panthers with the ninth-overall selection. Kuechly had a tremendous rookie season, and perhaps his success could help Te'o in the 2013 draft with the copycat league that is the NFL.

WalterFootball.com caught up with NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock to get his perspective on the two inside linebackers. Mayock covers Notre Dame for NBC Sports and knows both players well. Judging by Mayock's comments, Te'o falls well short of Kuechly's abilities.

"Kuechly was a tackling machine. Kuechly was set for today's NFL," said Mayock. "If you could match up a prototype inside linebacker with today's NFL, it is Luke Kuechly. With his speed he's a pass first linebacker. He can play three downs. You don't have to take him off the field in nickel; in fact, he's going to be better in nickel, so to me Kuechly is made for today's NFL.

"Te'o struggles a little bit more because he isn't naturally built that way. He isn't as naturally quick or the natural explosion or the change of direction like Luke. But that doesn't mean he isn't tough, instinctive and smart."

At Notre Dame, Te'o played in a 4-3 defense. However there are a number of 3-4 defenses that could use inside linebacker help, and Te'o could be in play for teams like San Diego, Pittsburgh and Houston.

"I think it is important that he does both," said Mayock. "His movement skills were better this year. The NFL is changing into such a pass-first league. The 265-pound inside linebacker that is a downhill thumper is almost obsolete. I thought it was smart of the kid to get in better shape. Right now it is a matter of he has to look teams in the eye and talk to them, and it is more off the field than on the field unfortunately."

Mayock also discussed Notre Dame tight end Tyler Eifert, another potential first-rounder. Eifert's receiving numbers went down as a senior. In 2012, he hauled in 50 passes for 685 yards and four touchdowns. Despite less-than-stellar quarterback play, Eifert caught 63 passes for 803 yards and five touchdowns in 2011. However, Mayock believes that Eifert's improvement as a blocker helped his draft stock compared to what it was a year ago.

"I thought that was the biggest difference," said Mayock. "It was a combination of two things. One, opposing defenses knew what a good pass receiver he was and they did everything in their game plans to take him away. Putting a ton of people on him. On tape, teams were doubling him, combo, all kinds of bracket coverage. To the kid's credit, he took his blocking to a completely different level. Whether he was in line or in motion, I thought that was the biggest difference in his game."

Lastly, Mayock discussed Notre Dame center Braxston Cave, a potential mid-round pick.

"I thought he had a really good senior year," Mayock said. "There was some continuity with that offensive line. I look at them and Braxston specifically, and he lost some weight over the last couple of years. He's gotten in better shape. I think he's increased his movement skills. He's smart, he's tough and he loves the game. He's a natural center in the NFL."

Carter.525
01-25-2013, 11:15 PM
^^ good read

Redeyejedi
01-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Here Sportzfan Cut this 1 yesterday

UNC DT S Williams vs Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_i83nxv84w

nycsportzfan
01-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Here Sportzfan Cut this 1 yesterday

UNC DT S Williams vs Virginia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_i83nxv84w Thank u sir! I like Sly! Big fan of Kawaan Short, Sly Williams, and Jordan Hill at DT(as most know)..

Redeyejedi
01-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Barkevious Mingo vs CLemson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mDqkUsRgw6s#!

:9 seconds in look how they option Montgomery and the LG trys to pull in front of Mingo and he just beats him to the spot and forces a Fumble

3:00 again , presnap he moves into the B gap and the Offense doesnt adjust to option Barrow instead and he just destroys Boyd

Man he was really good in this game. He is so good at stopping these Option plays the Skins and Im assuming the Eagles will run. His Speed and quickness is such an advantage for a Defense in defending these plays.
Look at him against Oregon on this play at :42 they try to option him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOd9cMeBB2A

TheEnigma
01-28-2013, 04:35 PM
This interview that Draft HeadQuarters had with Datone Jones halfway through the season intrigued me

At the half-way point of the season, Draft Headquarters had the opportunity to interview one of the best defensive ends in the country in UCLA's Datone Jones. A versatile prospect who has come on strong in 2012, Jones projects as a Top 50 selection for next spring and is on pace to record nearly 20 tackles for loss and 10 sacks on the year. Here is our interview with Datone Jones:

Draft Headquarters: Datone, the season is off to a great 5-2 start. What were your expectations coming into the season and how would you grade your play through the season's first seven games?

Datone Jones: My expectations were high for this year because we have several good players on our defense. Losing Patrick Larimore was big. Playing in the 3-4 with good players, I don't have to do too much, or over think things, and I could run to the ball and know that my teammates would be there too. In the defense we play in, everyone is accountable so it makes it easier to make plays.

Draft Headquarters: Do you have an accurate height, weight, and 40-yard dash time?

Datone Jones: 6'5, 276, the last time I ran the 40 was two months ago and I ran a 4.68.

Draft Headquarters: What would you say are your strengths and weaknesses as a player?

Datone Jones: Strengths, I have a lot of upside. Strong at the point, fast off the ball. My weaknesses, I feel like I can work on my technique and my hands.

Draft Headquarters: Are there any players in the NFL that you would compare yourself to?

Datone Jones: I wouldn't compare myself to, but there are a lot of guys that I like to watch. I'm a fan of the New York Giants because my all-time favorite player is Michael Strahan. I enjoy watching Osi Umenyiora and Justin Tuck. Tuck is like myself, he can line up at end, at tackle in the three-technique. My height and weight would fit very well there. I also enjoy watching Clay Matthews.

Draft Headquarters: Where do you think you'd rank yourself among the other defensive linemen this year?

Datone Jones: You know what, there's a lot of guys other there playing. You have to be really special to have great production at end in a 3-4 defense. With outside rush linebackers, they take some stats away. Through seven games I have six sacks and I can bring a pass rush, so you can compare that to all of the top defensive ends around the country.

Draft Headquarters: What do you believe you can offer to an NFL team at the next level? Why should an NFL team draft you high?

Datone Jones: I feel like I'm an every-down guy. I bring a different type of energy to the game. I have a will to be the best. It's a competitive edge. I make it contagious in the locker room and on the field, and guys want to play with me.

Draft Headquarters: You have experience playing in both the 4-3 and 3-4 defenses. Would you prefer to play in either, or prefer to play one set position at the next level?

Datone Jones: I don't mind playing in either the 4-3 or 3-4. Half of my football career was was in the 4-3. I can play the three-technique, 4i-technique, play head up. I have experience playing in both. I don't think many players around the country can bring the type of versatility that I can up front.

Draft Headquarters: Has there been a signature moment in your football career? Or a defining moment that made you fall in love with the game?

Datone Jones: The first time I fell in love with the game was back in junior high school. It kept me off the streets and it was a family atmosphere. In tenth grade, all my friends cheering me on and making me feel good. You fall in love with it. It's like falling in love with your first girlfriend (laughs). I've overcome adversity, being injured and having to sit out an entire season, watching my guys play without me prepares you to get ready for the future, because an injury like that changes your mindset. I wanted to make sure I didn't sit back on my high horse and got back and got ready.

Draft Headquarters: This season everything has seemed to click for you. What happened that made everything finally fall in place?

Datone Jones: I played as a freshman, but only about five-to-six reps in a game. I maybe played only 30 snaps. I had a chance to start as a sophomore, but like any sophomore season you're still getting used to it. I was ready in my true junior year but had to overcome adversity after breaking my foot and I redshirted that season. I needed to come back and let it all happen. I took the mindset from my redshirt junior year season last year after getting back from the injury into this season. Playing around a lot of great guys, it all comes down to my teammates who consistently push me and we enjoy playing together, taking it a game at a time.

Draft Headquarters: Who would you say has had the biggest impact on your football career?

Datone Jones: My family. They have had the biggest impact out of anyone. I can't just choose one person. There have been a lot of great people in my life, mentors and coaches. My immediate family pushes me. I've had to overcome adversity and those that I did it with, we got through it together and it made me into the man I am today.

Draft Headquarters: What is one thing that no one knows about you?

Datone Jones: I'm a big comedian. I love to have fun and make people laugh all the time. I know when it's time to get serious.

Draft Headquarters: Thanks Datone.

juice33s
01-28-2013, 08:29 PM
Scot Pioli's top 10 2013 NFL draft Jrs. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130128/super-bowl-xlvii-preview-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/?sct=uk_t11_a3
1. Luke Joeckel, T, Texas A&M. Strong candidate for the first overall pick. Three-year starter at left tackle in the Big 12 and never red-shirted. A true height-weight-speed prospect who plays with good athleticism and body control. Will play early while he develops better hip and core strength. Good teammate too.
2. Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama. One of the youngest players in the draft (20), but a very experienced corner from the best-coached DB group in the country. Milliner has the flexibility, intelligence and experience to play outside corner and also line up in the slot. Should contribute on special teams early in his career.
3. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida. Also 20, Floyd is a strong, athletic defensive lineman who, at 6-foot-3 and 303 pounds, has position and scheme versatility. Good competitor and tough player against the run and pass. Not great sack numbers, but consistently disruptive in the pass rush, and the type of player who makes those around him better by making the offense concentrate so much on stopping him.
4. Bjoern Werner, DE, Florida State. Born in Germany, Werner learned football while at a Connecticut prep school as an exchange student. Played just two prep years before signing with Florida State. Two-year starter at left end in FSU's base and sub packages who shows surprising natural instincts, good hand strength and athletic ability. Pretty impressive to see he had 13 sacks in the ACC in the 2012 season.
5. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State. At 6-3 and 335, he still has the athleticism to line up at multiple positions on the line -- not just at the nose. Active and instinctive, and showed improvement from 2011. Very good player versus the run that needs to continue to improve his every-down consistency.
6. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama. Low-mileage rusher (355 carries in three seasons with the Tide) who played behind two outstanding backs early in his career (Mark Ingram, Trent Richardson). Averaged 6.8 yards per rush in his college career behind an offensive line better than some NFL lines. Good receiving skills, and a willing blocker. He should be an every-down back in the NFL.
7. Jarvis Jones, OLB, Georgia. Began his college career at USC in 2009 and transferred closer to home after suffering a neck injury his true freshman year. Highly instinctive and productive college player, but at 6-3 and 241, could be a tough positional fit. Dominated certain games (Florida), disappeared in others (Alabama).
8. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal. Originally committed to Alabama out of HS, but decided to join his QB brother Zach to play together at Cal. Allen is a big (6-3, 210), savvy and highly competitive WR who has played the slot and outside. Lacks top speed, but is very natural and quick. In a WR class that appears to lack elite players, he may be the best.
9. Alec Ogletree, MLB, Georgia. Tremendously talented athlete at 6-3 and 232, and should be an every-down NFL inside 'backer or middle 'backer. Has the skill and ability to contribute immediately all defenses as well as special teams. Jumps off the tape and could have the most upside of any underclassman in the draft. But some off-the-field issues will need to be studied before giving him a final grade.
10. Gavin Escobar, TE, San Diego State. Three-year starter who was hampered this season by a knee injury that he played through. Good height-weight-speed prospect at 6-6 and 255 who right now is more receiver than blocker. I'm high on his ability to produce as an offensive tight end right now in the more wide-open NFL offenses. He's what we call an "F-type'' tight end, a receiver who can play off the line probably more productively than as a blocker right now.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130128/super-bowl-xlvii-preview-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2JJtB7IBJ

juice33s
01-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch

nycsportzfan
01-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch I agree, hes a solid player and i can understand 2nd rd status, but not 1st rd, and certainly not better then some of the other guys on that top 10list...

Carter.525
01-28-2013, 08:57 PM
When asked who the "next big thing" will be from the 2013 draft class, CBS Sports' Pete Prisco answered with UCLA DL Datone Jones.

Prisco cited Jones' dominant Senior Bowl practices, even when facing Eric Fisher, as evidence. Jones did have a great week of drills and offers a lot of positional versatility in terms of rushing for the edge or inside. Still, he was caught hand fighting too much at UCLA, something that needs to change in order to succeed in the NFL.

Source: CBS Sports (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/superbowl/live/neworleans/16506947723)

juice33s
01-28-2013, 09:14 PM
An NFL scout told Brad Briggs that Purdue DT Kawann Short "doesn’t play as hard as you would like, not regularly."

"Now, there in the Senior Bowl, he played his a** off," the scout said. "Why did he play hard? Maybe it goes back to mentality. Are you that guy? You are rolling the dice with this kid but let me tell you, he is talented, real talented." The scout went on to add that Short can play across the defensive line but he needs to harness or heighten his motor.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23136/nfl-draft-headlines?r=1

nycsportzfan
01-29-2013, 01:43 AM
An NFL scout told Brad Briggs that Purdue DT Kawann Short "doesn’t play as hard as you would like, not regularly."

"Now, there in the Senior Bowl, he played his a** off," the scout said. "Why did he play hard? Maybe it goes back to mentality. Are you that guy? You are rolling the dice with this kid but let me tell you, he is talented, real talented." The scout went on to add that Short can play across the defensive line but he needs to harness or heighten his motor.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/23136/nfl-draft-headlines?r=1 Ya, its hard to say , because hes always been productive across the board, but i think i may of heard this once before.. Either way, i've never waivered in how high i have been on Short, and like the scout said, he is really talented, and thats why i got so angry when i seen idiots having him in the mid 2nd rd.. I've also been on record as saying, i'd take em over Sheldon Richardson.. I think he fits our system bettr and reminds me alot of Keith Hamilton, for his ability to not only make plays behind the line, but also against the run.. Kawaan Short is the real deal, and one fo about 5guys that i would be happy with at 19overall...

Redeyejedi
01-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Don't really understand this Shariff Floyd hype. Piloi has him as the #3 rated Jr in the draft and I saw a qoute where some high ranking execuitve garunteed he'd go in the top 10. He's a nice player, but I don't see dominace by any stretch Upside has a lot to do with it. Floyd isnt even 21. Short is more than 3 years older than Floyd. Short is a 3 Down tackle can play both spots but I do agree with scouts who say he takes plays off. Its hard to compare him to a guy like Richardson who is a single gap only, traditional 3 Tech. They are nowhere near the same player. Short doesnt have the quick twitch gap shooting ability of Richardson. Richardson wont be the run defender like Short and is the more limited player scheme wise. Scouts just gravitate towards the gap shooters before the well rounded guys like Short.

Carter.525
01-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Walterfootball's latest 4 round mock:

1st - Lane Johnson OT, Oklahoma
2nd - Xavier Rhodes CB, FSU
3rd - Kasheem Greene, LB Rutgers
4th - Jordan Hill, DT Penn St.

that's about as good as it gets for me..

Redeyejedi
01-29-2013, 08:35 PM

that's about as good as it gets for me.. That doesnt seem possible but I will take it. Johnson is 1 of the few guys I wouldnt mind outside of a Pass Rusher or a CB in the 1st. If we get Rhodes I really hope they call a more aggressive defense. I like the idea of Rhodes and Prince on the outside but u cant let them sit 10 yards off all day. Prince Rhodes, Hosley would be a quality top 3 CB's

Kase-1
01-29-2013, 10:59 PM
That doesnt seem possible but I will take it. Johnson is 1 of the few guys I wouldnt mind outside of a Pass Rusher or a CB in the 1st. If we get Rhodes I really hope they call a more aggressive defense. I like the idea of Rhodes and Prince on the outside but u cant let themsit 10 yards off all day. Prince Rhodes, Hosley would be a quality top 3 CB'sDamn that would be an amazing draft for us. Throw in Baccari Rambo in the 3rd and ill be whistling dixie

Carter.525
01-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Damn that would be an amazing draft for us. Throw in Baccari Rambo in the 3rd and ill be whistling dixie

I'd rather have Greene than Rambo in the 3rd, this team need some LBs..

Kase-1
01-30-2013, 12:17 AM
I'd rather have Greene than Rambo in the 3rd, this team need some LBs.. The way we play the 3 safety set we gotta look at another safety, KP is slower by the day and I have zero faith in T2. At least we got Kiwi, Boley, Jq Williams, Herzlich, etc.

Even if we moved Kiwi back to DE we'd still have more depth at LB than depth

juice33s
01-30-2013, 12:25 AM
I'd rather have Greene than Rambo in the 3rd, this team need some LBs..
I want Mathieu, the guy at the very least would give us a much needed bost as a punt returner

Carter.525
01-30-2013, 12:26 AM
I want Mathieu, the guy at the very least would give us a much needed bost as a punt returner

Im a big fan too.. He might drive TC nuts though

nycsportzfan
01-30-2013, 07:04 AM

that's about as good as it gets for me.. Thats a A++ draft right there.. Finish it off with DJ Swearinger in the 5th, Blaize Foltz in the 6th, and Jack Doyle in the 7th...

nycsportzfan
01-30-2013, 07:17 AM
Some intresting prospects in Texas VS Nation game.. Obviously this game isn't as quality as Sr Bowl or Shrine, but still has guys who will do well at Next level and be steals in later rds, eventually... Heres a list of guys in game that peak my interest..

DJ Harper RB Boise St
Martel Moore WR No.Illinois- This kids gonna play on sundays..
LaAdrian Waddle OT Texas Tech- I've been intrested in this kid , who has the makings of a solid bench RT in the pros with outside shot as starter..

Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner- Was a high ranked prospect with Miami but was let go by them and has off field issues, but a bunch of talent, and gets a chance to showcase that talent here, and if he does could get drafted and be a steal. He was perdicted as a 1st rder at one point a yr ago or so..

Matt McGloin QB Penn St- He improved so much this past yr, and could be solid guy in 7th rd or as a UDF to groom or take a chance on..
George Winn RB Cincy- Very productive player this past yr after getting his shot with Pead going to pros..
Lonnie Pryor FB Fla St
TJ Moe WR Mizzo- I like this kid, and think he could be a mix of Edelman/Welker, as he can line up outwide or in Slot, and is a gritty player..
MeShak Williams OLB/DE K-state
Dan Molls ILB Toledo- Give this kid a shot to make a roster, and he'll probably do just that and be a good bench player and excellent ST'er..
Kenny Okoro CB W.Forest- oodles of talent, but hasen't lived up to it really.. Could be coached up and be a solid player possibly
Jordan Kovacs S Michigan

BlueSanta
01-30-2013, 07:41 AM
Lonnie Pryor FB Fla St

Guy is a football player and class act. I would love to see him in a Giants Uniform.

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Guy is a football player and class act. I would love to see him in a Giants Uniform. I just dont know where U put him. Doesnt have a true position

Redeyejedi
01-30-2013, 09:13 AM
Some intresting prospects in Texas VS Nation game.. Obviously this game isn't as quality as Sr Bowl or Shrine, but still has guys who will do well at Next level and be steals in later rds, eventually... Heres a list of guys in game that peak my interest..

DJ Harper RB Boise St
Martel Moore WR No.Illinois- This kids gonna play on sundays..
LaAdrian Waddle OT Texas Tech- I've been intrested in this kid , who has the makings of a solid bench RT in the pros with outside shot as starter..

Ray Ray Armstrong S Faulkner- Was a high ranked prospect with Miami but was let go by them and has off field issues, but a bunch of talent, and gets a chance to showcase that talent here, and if he does could get drafted and be a steal. He was perdicted as a 1st rder at one point a yr ago or so..

Matt McGloin QB Penn St- He improved so much this past yr, and could be solid guy in 7th rd or as a UDF to groom or take a chance on..
George Winn RB Cincy- Very productive player this past yr after getting his shot with Pead going to pros..
Lonnie Pryor FB Fla St
TJ Moe WR Mizzo- I like this kid, and think he could be a mix of Edelman/Welker, as he can line up outwide or in Slot, and is a gritty player..
MeShak Williams OLB/DE K-state
Dan Molls ILB Toledo- Give this kid a shot to make a roster, and he'll probably do just that and be a good bench player and excellent ST'er..
Kenny Okoro CB W.Forest- oodles of talent, but hasen't lived up to it really.. Could be coached up and be a solid player possibly
Jordan Kovacs S MichiganI like DJ Harper he can catch,block and run he just has gotten hurt so much over the years. He has missed practically 2 seasons with ACL injuries. He did have 228 carries without getting hurt this season.He has 3rd down back ability
vs TCU 2011 Doug Martin didnt play .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZ2hqHuNGg

vs Miami Ohio 2012 cutting seems better a year removed from injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ut-ABx-d0

juice33s
01-30-2013, 06:58 PM
Here's a fun one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPYfjUFdtVs
JUCO WR Courtney Gardener- The guy's got prototype size (6'3 215), and some pretty rediculous run's after the catch

Draft insider Tony Pauline is hearing junior college WR product Courtney Gardner's name is making rounds in the NFL scouting community.

Gardner just finished his time at Sierra College and was expected to attend Oklahoma in the fall, but academic issues forced him to the NFL instead. The big bodied (6'3/215) is extremely smooth on his cuts after the catch and physical skills appear to have scouts intrigued. He recorded a 10.7 second 100 meter run in the last few years. http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines/

slipknottin
01-30-2013, 07:01 PM
I just dont know where U put him. Doesnt have a true position

Hes another Brian Leonard. Just not particularly valuable players.

nycsportzfan
01-30-2013, 11:35 PM
I like DJ Harper he can catch,block and run he just has gotten hurt so much over the years. He has missed practically 2 seasons with ACL injuries. He did have 228 carries without getting hurt this season.He has 3rd down back ability
vs TCU 2011 Doug Martin didnt play .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgZ2hqHuNGg

vs Miami Ohio 2012 cutting seems better a year removed from injury

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ut-ABx-d0 Ya, i know ur a fan of Harpers.. I woulden't mind em in the 6th or 7th either.. I like that TJ Moe as a late rd pick to possibly take a spot for Hixon and Barden if they don't come back.. Hes had shoddy QB play most of his career, outside of Blaine Gabbert, and reminds me of a mix of Stokley, Edelman, and Welker.. Can mix it up outside or in slot, is slippery after the catch, plays a gritty style of football, fights for yards...etc Just strikes me as a "football" player... I think he could be a versatile depth WR for someone, and make a GM look good as a later rd pick... He seems to have at least solid speed as well..

juice33s
01-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Ya, i know ur a fan of Harpers.. I woulden't mind em in the 6th or 7th either.. I like that TJ Moe as a late rd pick to possibly take a spot for Hixon and Barden if they don't come back.. Hes had shoddy QB play most of his career, outside of Blaine Gabbert, and reminds me of a mix of Stokley, Edelman, and Welker.. Can mix it up outside or in slot, is slippery after the catch, plays a gritty style of football, fights for yards...etc Just strikes me as a "football" player... I think he could be a versatile depth WR for someone, and make a GM look good as a later rd pick... He seems to have at least solid speed as well..
Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus said Missouri WR T.J. Moe "might be a hard guy to get rid of if you brought him on your squad."

Moe has "dependable hands and does a solid job of getting open," writes broaddus, who project him to the slot. "Really has more quickness than true speed. He is not afraid of running routes inside but can also work along the sidelines." This all reads a lot like a Danny Amendola scouting report.

nycsportzfan
01-31-2013, 01:02 AM
Former NFL scout Bryan Broaddus said Missouri WR T.J. Moe "might be a hard guy to get rid of if you brought him on your squad."

Moe has "dependable hands and does a solid job of getting open," writes broaddus, who project him to the slot. "Really has more quickness than true speed. He is not afraid of running routes inside but can also work along the sidelines." This all reads a lot like a Danny Amendola scouting report. yup, basically what i said.. If u look at his numbers in 2010, when he had Gabbert, he had 90plus catches, 1000yrds..etc His productions fell off since mizzo's had no type of throwing QB over past couple seasons.. Hes the type of guy who has great spring, makes the team in the preseason and then before long, he gets a shot and right away, ELI and him show good repoire...

Redeyejedi
02-01-2013, 09:14 AM
Alabama Olineman vs ND put this up last night

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf-jzv6zOzk

Most of u guys know but Warmack is the LG ,Fluker RT, Jones Center

Redeyejedi
02-02-2013, 06:38 PM
Here Sportzfan I know u asked for this
Earl Wolff vs Clemson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Q1n4ZGaVk

nycsportzfan
02-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Here Sportzfan I know u asked for this
Earl Wolff vs Clemson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1Q1n4ZGaVk Wow, i asked for this one awhile ago.. He was one of my earliest sleepers.. Good all around game for this kid.. I believe he was team capatain for NC State as well(could be wrong).. Not only physical against the run, but can cover really well..

Redeyejedi
02-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Wow, i asked for this one awhile ago.. He was one of my earliest sleepers.. Good all around game for this kid.. I believe he was team capatain for NC State as well(could be wrong).. Not only physical against the run, but can cover really well..Remember anyone else U requested

nycsportzfan
02-04-2013, 08:47 AM
Remember anyone else U requested I rememeber asking for Darius Slay a few times awhile back..

Redeyejedi
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
I rememeber asking for Darius Slay a few times awhile back.. Oh they just put 4 games up of him
LSU and A&M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SfjIjXLY6pU

Alabama AUburn

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5nxf2qWwiUo

If u guys happen to see any of my videos shut down let me know the Big 10 has been messing with us. Aaron contacted someone from them hoping to sort it out. They shut down the Simon vs Wisconsin video that he had 4 sacks and an Alex Carder video 2

Carter.525
02-05-2013, 06:04 PM

1 - Alec Ogletree, LB Georgia
2 - Datone Jones, DE UCLA
3 - Brennan Williams, OT UNC
4 - Will Davis, CB Utah State

Redeyejedi
02-11-2013, 09:28 AM
Somebody had Maponga in 1 of their Mock drafts just put this video up.. I need to look at his 2011 tape as this year he had a foot injury. I do like what I see could be a mid round Nickel rusher. Looks like Osi with that towel hanging off him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00OuOrDwUZo

nycsportzfan
02-11-2013, 08:07 PM
Somebody had Maponga in 1 of their Mock drafts just put this video up.. I need to look at his 2011 tape as this year he had a foot injury. I do like what I see could be a mid round Nickel rusher. Looks like Osi with that towel hanging off him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00OuOrDwUZo That was me.. Had em as our 5th i believe? Can't go wrong with a upside pass rusher with a high motor in the mid rds...

born blue
02-12-2013, 12:17 AM
Upside has a lot to do with it. Floyd isnt even 21. Short is more than 3 years older than Floyd. Short is a 3 Down tackle can play both spots but I do agree with scouts who say he takes plays off. Its hard to compare him to a guy like Richardson who is a single gap only, traditional 3 Tech. They are nowhere near the same player. Short doesnt have the quick twitch gap shooting ability of Richardson. Richardson wont be the run defender like Short and is the more limited player scheme wise. Scouts just gravitate towards the gap shooters before the well rounded guys like Short.Red, since you watch so much tape I'm wondering which of these three guys- Richardson, Floyd, Short- you'd most like to see the NYG draft in the first. Or, if there is another DT you have your eye on in later rounds...

Redeyejedi
02-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Red, since you watch so much tape I'm wondering which of these three guys- Richardson, Floyd, Short- you'd most like to see the NYG draft in the first. Or, if there is another DT you have your eye on in later rounds...Richardson for now. Im going through some FLorida tonight to look at Floyd. Now that the Giants need a DT im going to do a lot more on all 3 of these guys. I havent watched much of Short either need to cut some more games of him. I didnt really expect Canty to be cut. i thought they would go 1 more season and try to work Austin in to take his spot.

Redeyejedi
02-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Kyle Long seems to be a hot name all of sudden. Same thing happened with Casy Matthews whats with Oregon and getting the less talented Siblings
Anyway I cut this today
Kyle Long Oregon Left Guard vs USC 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JToalc55q_A

juice33s
02-13-2013, 12:35 AM
What do you guys think of DE Armonty Bryant? He's 6'5 265 85inch wing span, school record in sacks and has drawn comparisons to Demarcus Ware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

Major draw backs are obviously the small school, and also he was arrested for selling drugs on Campus. He will be at the combine though, and I'm interested to see how he stacks up physically with the comp

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 07:12 AM
What do you guys think of DE Armonty Bryant? He's 6'5 265 85inch wing span, school record in sacks and has drawn comparisons to Demarcus Ware.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPxEfFmRESg

Major draw backs are obviously the small school, and also he was arrested for selling drugs on Campus. He will be at the combine though, and I'm interested to see how he stacks up physically with the comp He was selling weed during practice during water breaks to under cover cops .Whats funny about this guy is I saw this story during the season and didnt realize he was any good. He had a good Texas vs Nation game and boom a lot of people are looking into him.

Actually has a nice Repertoire of pass rush moves which u dont expect for a player at his level.I will see if i can get some full game tapes . Adrian Hamilton who was an UFA by the Cowboys and ended up a Raven had some hype like this but he wasnt invited to the combine.

nycsportzfan
02-13-2013, 08:09 AM
Richardson for now. Im going through some FLorida tonight to look at Floyd. Now that the Giants need a DT im going to do a lot more on all 3 of these guys. I havent watched much of Short either need to cut some more games of him. I didnt really expect Canty to be cut. i thought they would go 1 more season and try to work Austin in to take his spot. Watch Kawaan Short closeley and u will fall in love with him as a prospect.. Theres a tad bit of a production slump at one point for a couple to few games but overall, he was pretty consistent and really did abuse quite a few interior lineman this yr.. He played really well against my Irish... Definetly has a young freddy robbins feel to em....

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Watch Kawaan Short closeley and u will fall in love with him as a prospect.. Theres a tad bit of a production slump at one point for a couple to few games but overall, he was pretty consistent and really did abuse quite a few interior lineman this yr.. He played really well against my Irish... Definetly has a young freddy robbins feel to em.... He would help the run defense more than the other 2

nycsportzfan
02-13-2013, 11:16 AM
He would help the run defense more than the other 2 And he'll get more then enough pressure.. Hes a 5-6 sack a season guy , and he has a tendency to block kicks, which he did 4times this past season!

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Giants 101‏@Giants_101

Mel Kiper says #Giants may target a tight end in the first round of the NFL Draft. #nyg

I wil be fing pissed if we pick a TE

Redeyejedi
02-13-2013, 01:18 PM
U guys think I should make seperate Film pages by position? Would that be easier

nycsportzfan
02-14-2013, 12:01 AM
U guys think I should make seperate Film pages by position? Would that be easier Probably would..

nycsportzfan
02-14-2013, 12:08 AM
That was me.. Had em as our 5th i believe? Can't go wrong with a upside pass rusher with a high motor in the mid rds... I could see Reese sneakily grab Maponga in the 4th-5th range and get a steal.. The guys explosive and isn't simply a bull rusher.. Hes got some finesse to his game, and the measurables stack up at 6ft 2in 260plus lb's.. I like he knows how to use the spin move as well as using his explosion to go right around blockers..

juice33s
02-14-2013, 12:28 AM
I could see Reese sneakily grab Maponga in the 4th-5th range and get a steal.. The guys explosive and isn't simply a bull rusher.. Hes got some finesse to his game, and the measurables stack up at 6ft 2in 260plus lb's.. I like he knows how to use the spin move as well as using his explosion to go right around blockers..
He had a big sophomore season with 9 sacks and 13.5 TFL's but had some injuries last season that clearly effected his production. Had this guy returned for his senior season and regained his sophomore form your looking at minimum late second rounder. So ya, I think you nailed it, late 4th seems like the right place on gambling on the potential.

Redeyejedi
02-14-2013, 08:16 AM
He had a big sophomore season with 9 sacks and 13.5 TFL's but had some injuries last season that clearly effected his production. Had this guy returned for his senior season and regained his sophomore form your looking at minimum late second rounder. So ya, I think you nailed it, late 4th seems like the right place on gambling on the potential. Devonte Fields stole his thunder this season that kid is explosive. I still like Maponga Im going to cut some 2011 games of him to get a better read. I think he has some skills u like to see from an edge rusher

nycsportzfan
02-14-2013, 10:31 AM
Devonte Fields stole his thunder this season that kid is explosive. I still like Maponga Im going to cut some 2011 games of him to get a better read. I think he has some skills u like to see from an edge rusher As i said before, he'd be more/less replacing OSI, as hes in that mold more so then Justin Tuck.. They mentioned his foot injury a few times in that video, which i'm sure slowed him this past yr.. Either way, JUICE put up his SOPHMORE numbers, and there very impressive, and he clearly has a solid array of pass rush moves and the explosion, so theres stuff to work with, indeed...

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 08:27 AM
As i said before, he'd be more/less replacing OSI, as hes in that mold more so then Justin Tuck.. They mentioned his foot injury a few times in that video, which i'm sure slowed him this past yr.. Either way, JUICE put up his SOPHMORE numbers, and there very impressive, and he clearly has a solid array of pass rush moves and the explosion, so theres stuff to work with, indeed... About the same size as Osi he looks a little like him with that towel hanging off his side

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 02:45 PM
What do u guys think about this as a logo for the site im putting together I have to clean it up some still

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8236/8477006540_7b39e024f7_z.jpg

Carter.525
02-15-2013, 02:58 PM
^^ dope

Redeyejedi
02-15-2013, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Carter.525;685670]^^ dope[/QUOTE Its part of the banner got some pics cut up of some CLowney, Tuitt, Bridgewater,Deanthony Thoams that are going to be around it.
Ive been procrastinating on building it. Almost got the format down for the film pages

NYGfanSTRICK
02-15-2013, 06:13 PM
Hey guys first off I am new to this board and I am pretty excited to join it. It seems that all the other boards I have been on lately have slowly died down. Anyways it seems like some of you guys are good at evaluating a guys projection in the draft. That is good because its always good to get a few opinions on someone you recommend. In the first looks like most of you want D. Someone like olgetree or along those lines. There is a RB from Mich St. Le'veon Bell I believe I think he could be a perfect compliment to Wilson in the backfield. Bell is a big back whos durable and he has been productive. I honestly dont know where he is projected but if we got him in like 3rd I think that would be a very solid pick.

juice33s
02-16-2013, 01:13 AM
What do u guys think about this as a logo for the site im putting together I have to clean it up some still

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8236/8477006540_7b39e024f7_z.jpg
Looks cool, be sure to let us know when its up and running. I look forward to it

nycsportzfan
02-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Love the LOGO redeye!

Redeyejedi
02-16-2013, 08:48 AM
Love the LOGO redeye! I probably should of settled on a name before making a logo. Thinking NY Giants Draft Journal

juice33s
02-16-2013, 01:23 PM
Mike Mayocks first positional rankings pre-combine http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000139744/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft

Redeyejedi
02-16-2013, 04:26 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BDABCnJCEAE3Gjx.png:large

Redeyejedi
02-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Lots of chatter about Walter Stewart of Cinci trying to be cleared to play. has a congenital spinal defect and he walked away this season. Guy is super explosive edge rusher

Here is 2 videos we have up on Draftbreakdown

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=h9QcWcCPDrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=vrBc_PdopCI

G-Men Surg.
02-18-2013, 10:44 PM
Mike Mayocks first positional rankings pre-combine http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000139744/article/precombine-position-rankings-for-2013-nfl-draft
My guy Travis Frederick made it all the way to no. 1 at Center spot.

Carter.525
02-19-2013, 08:47 PM
Walterfootball's latest mock:

1st- Mingo
2nd- Dallas Thomas
3rd- Logan Ryan
4th- AJ Klein

Redeyejedi
02-19-2013, 09:04 PM

1st- Mingo
2nd- Dallas Thomas
3rd- Logan Ryan
4th- AJ Klein

I think Mingo would be a very good fit. Could put Kiwi back at end. Let Mingo play LB and act as a Nickel rusher. I like Dallas Thomas a lot but he might be a tweener plays like a LT but has guard measurements. He was a very good LT in the SEC before being moved to guard and was excellent there as well. The only thing is Id like to see a road grading guard if we are going to get 1 and he isnt that guy. Logan Ryan a lot of people like but Im very skeptical of him. He was left on an island a lot and gets beat a little to often for my liking. AJ Klein I need to watch more tape on to give an accurate opinion on

Buddy333
02-19-2013, 11:43 PM
Yeah, not sold on Ryan either. He was good in college, but seen him get beat a few times. Don't know, maybe it's something that can be corrected.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
no comments on Walter Stewart i think he is an interesting player.Guy is quick as hell of the edge

juice33s
02-21-2013, 12:18 AM
The NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah tweeted that there's a "strong contingent of personnel types that expect (BYU DE/OLB) Ziggy Ansah to go in the top 10."

Jeremiah adds that the tape from the actual Senior Bowl game "has created a lot of buzz." The streong performance followed a very mediocre week in terms of pass rushing. "Teams that run 3-4 are drooling over Ansah as an OLB," Jeremiah says. "Less mayhem, allows him to see/go." We think Ansah can be a base left defensive end, five technique end in a three man front, or stand up linebacker due to his outstanding closing speed.
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines/

Imgrate
02-21-2013, 11:31 AM
Who are some 3-5th round edge rushing prospects. I've heard of lemonier and maponga, any others of that ilk?

nycsportzfan
02-21-2013, 01:40 PM
I think Mingo would be a very good fit. Could put Kiwi back at end. Let Mingo play LB and act as a Nickel rusher. I like Dallas Thomas a lot but he might be a tweener plays like a LT but has guard measurements. He was a very good LT in the SEC before being moved to guard and was excellent there as well. The only thing is Id like to see a road grading guard if we are going to get 1 and he isnt that guy. Logan Ryan a lot of people like but Im very skeptical of him. He was left on an island a lot and gets beat a little to often for my liking. AJ Klein I need to watch more tape on to give an accurate opinion on I like Logan Ryan.. Good speed measurables, and alot of expierence in man, makes a bunch of plays on the ball..etc AJ Klein is pretty much ur usual around teh ball, hustles all the time, leadership qualities, makes big plays in big moments type LB.. Hes a Glue guy, and someone who will make a team and be in the league a very long time... Better against the run, but can make a big play here and there against the pass..

nycsportzfan
02-21-2013, 01:41 PM
no comments on Walter Stewart i think he is an interesting player.Guy is quick as hell of the edge OH, i'm totally in agreement.. We spoke on him before and i'm just as intrigued as u are...

Redeyejedi
02-22-2013, 09:53 AM
I like Logan Ryan.. Good speed measurables, and alot of expierence in man, makes a bunch of plays on the ball..etc AJ Klein is pretty much ur usual around teh ball, hustles all the time, leadership qualities, makes big plays in big moments type LB.. Hes a Glue guy, and someone who will make a team and be in the league a very long time... Better against the run, but can make a big play here and there against the pass.. Makes a lot of plays on the ball but gets targeted a lot 2. Kinda like TT who has a lot of PD's and picks but gets thrown at 150 times a season

Redeyejedi
02-22-2013, 09:57 AM
Closing in on my 1000th NFL Draft video. Should hit it next month. It will be Jadevon Clowney vs Vanderbilt,Kentucky,LSU,Clemson 2012 and 2011 Nebraska,Georgia. Possible I may add more but thats a 40 minute video dont know how much longer I want to make it.

Redeyejedi
02-23-2013, 09:50 AM
Scott Piloli former GM Top 10 pick mock for anyone that cares.Dont know why he cant do a full round

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
2. JAX - DeMarcus Milliner CB
3. OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT
4. PHI - Chance Warmack G
5. DET - Damontre Moore DE
6. CLE - Jarvis Jones OLB
7. ARZ - Eric Fisher OT
8. BUF - Bjoern Werner DE
9. NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
10. TEN - Kenny Vaccaro S

nycsportzfan
02-23-2013, 01:32 PM
Scott Piloli former GM Top 10 pick mock for anyone that cares.Dont know why he cant do a full round

1. KC - Luke Joeckel OT
2. JAX - DeMarcus Milliner CB
3. OAK - Sharrif Floyd DT
4. PHI - Chance Warmack G
5. DET - Damontre Moore DE
6. CLE - Jarvis Jones OLB
7. ARZ - Eric Fisher OT
8. BUF - Bjoern Werner DE
9. NYJ - Cordarrelle Patterson WR
10. TEN - Kenny Vaccaro S I know its the "cool" thing to go on a limb and make a statement with your mock for some of these guys, but Milliner as the 2nd overall pick? I'd be hard pressed to say hes the sure fire best CB in this draft by a landslide, let alone the 2nd overall pick.. Patterson in top 10??lol Shariff Floyd number 3? No way!

Redeyejedi
02-23-2013, 03:08 PM
I know its the "cool" thing to go on a limb and make a statement with your mock for some of these guys, but Milliner as the 2nd overall pick? I'd be hard pressed to say hes the sure fire best CB in this draft by a landslide, let alone the 2nd overall pick.. Patterson in top 10??lol Shariff Floyd number 3? No way!

This is a terrible draft at the top somebody needs to go high

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-23-2013, 03:25 PM
could jarvis jones fall out of the 1st round? I wouldn't touch that kid with a 10 foot poll in the first.

slipknottin
02-23-2013, 03:37 PM
could jarvis jones fall out of the 1st round? I wouldn't touch that kid with a 10 foot poll in the first.

Ive been saying for months that he could fall to the third or later. But all it takes is for one team to be confident with his medical.

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-23-2013, 03:39 PM
Ive been saying for months that he could fall to the third or later. But all it takes is for one team to be confident with his medical.

I am with ya slip, spinal stenosis and now the neck problem creeping back up? maybe he should consider not playing football, he is taking a huge gamble on his health.

Redeyejedi
02-23-2013, 09:42 PM
I am with ya slip, spinal stenosis and now the neck problem creeping back up? maybe he should consider not playing football, he is taking a huge gamble on his health. He is to competitive and to close to making good money to quit now. Im wondering if Walter Stewart decides to play. walked away in the middle of the year but he is an explosive pass rushing LB

heavyhitter
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
I'd be hard pressed to say hes the sure fire best CB in this draft by a landslide, let alone the 2nd overall pick..I'll say it for you then, Milliner is the sure fire best CB in this draft and it's really not even close. I don't know about 2 overall, but top 10 pick without a doubt.

Carter.525
02-26-2013, 10:05 PM

1st- Demontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
2nd- Bennie Logan, DT LSU
3rd- Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
4th- Dwayne Gratz, CB UConn

I'll take it.. round 5 & 6 though needs to be O-line..

nycsportzfan
02-26-2013, 10:40 PM
I'll say it for you then, Milliner is the sure fire best CB in this draft and it's really not even close. I don't know about 2 overall, but top 10 pick without a doubt. Go ahead, we'll see down the line.. I think Darius Slay, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Jamar Taylor , and maybe Jonathan Banks are all pretty close and maybe a couple better.. I would not take Millner untill 10-16th...

nycsportzfan
02-26-2013, 10:45 PM

I'll take it.. round 5 & 6 though needs to be O-line.. I love that draft, with Moore being insane value and Greene is one of my fave players in this entire draft, and Logan has upside and potential to be a interior pass rush which we need with Austin being a bum so far... Instead of Gratz, i'd take either Alvin Bailey, JC Tretter, Brian Winters, Gavin Escobar, Travis Kelce, or Knile Davis(huge value if combine is showing hes healthy and back to 2010 form)....

slipknottin
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM

I'll take it.. round 5 & 6 though needs to be O-line..

Moore scares the heck out of me. More than any other 1st round pass rusher.

Carter.525
02-26-2013, 10:58 PM
Moore scares the heck out of me. More than any other 1st round pass rusher.

see how he looks at his pro day I guess..

miked1958
02-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Didnt realize J. jones had those Heath issues. I just remember him playing well in that Bama game Georgia almost won. Was he injured in that game?

slipknottin
02-26-2013, 11:04 PM
see how he looks at his pro day I guess..

Really wish he ran the shuttle and 3 cone. His vert and broad show he should be pretty explosive, but he doesn't play explosive, and certainly didn't run an explosive 40

Redeyejedi
02-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Moore scares the heck out of me. More than any other 1st round pass rusher. I was talking up Moore before the season when most fawned over Porter but his hype has gotten out of control. he does not belong in the Top 20. He isnt explosive enough. He is a solid player but not spectacular. Ive been planning on going back ro cut more 2011 tape of him at LB. Plays a little more in space

Evo'Ed
02-26-2013, 11:49 PM
That's not a bad mock draft at all.

Getting Kasheem Greene in the 3rd would be nice.

Though I would like to get a O-lineman somewhere in there before our 5th rounder.

Redeyejedi
02-27-2013, 08:15 AM
Got a request for Cornelius Washington Georgia tape I can put it up but its horrible. I dont see a player that matches his measurables on the field

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 09:00 AM
I think u guys are crazy.. Damontre Moore at pick 19 is insane value. He might not be overly explosive player as a whole, but he has a explosive lower half, and a strength and conditioning coach can easily help him get more upper body strength, and add a few lb's to go with his long frame... I like how instinctive he is, and that he can be a asset against teh run as well.. He made quite a few tackles in space i thought were pretty good when i was watching tape this morning... I think a team like the steelers will take him and he'll be next in line of Steeler LB who end up being great value pick and longtime stud.... Also, hes not simply happy with getting to the QB, this guy looks to strip the ball and cause TO's and his motor always runs high...

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 09:06 AM
Very impressed by Earl Wolff, Darius Slay, and Jamar Taylor, who are 3guys i felt were very underrated through this entire process, and i think the combine finally put the light on them a bit and they all will go higher now, where they belong.. I've always though Slay was closer to Jon Banks then people gave him credit for, and Taylor is a physical player, who is good on run defense, and can run with anyone... Wolff is a guy who me and santaman both liked since wk 1, and he is a safety who can cover and does everything well, including a on field leader...

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Moore scares the heck out of me. More than any other 1st round pass rusher.Even if he scares u, u must be intrigued by his value at pick 19, and what he could become if he gets with a good NFL strength and conditioning coach.. He all ready has the non stop motor, frame to add weight, instincts, and on field production... His lower body is pretty explosive and his best wepon, and if u add 5-7lbs of muscle throughout his top half, watch out!

Redeyejedi
02-27-2013, 10:43 AM
The SEC is to funny these guys used to put up a huge stink over us putting up the videos and now they sent me all these video response requests to put there videos links on my video pages. I basically have to say yes since they own the rights for a lot of the vids I do.

heavyhitter
02-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Go ahead, we'll see down the line.. I think Darius Slay, Xavier Rhodes, Desmond Trufant, Jamar Taylor , and maybe Jonathan Banks are all pretty close and maybe a couple better.. I would not take Millner untill 10-16th...Milliner will be the first CB taken in this years draft. I see him in the 5-10 overall range. The real question is who will be the 2nd CB selected?? Right now, I think it's neck and neck between Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant w/ Rhodes having a slight edge. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 to 4 CB's taken in the 1st round.

heavyhitter
02-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Thoughts on Miami CB Brandon McGee. Most Cane fans will tell you he never lived up to the hype at "the U" and was a disappointment. Is he the next Sam Shields or do you just see him having an average career as a slot corner?

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Milliner will be the first CB taken in this years draft. I see him in the 5-10 overall range. The real question is who will be the 2nd CB selected?? Right now, I think it's neck and neck between Xavier Rhodes and Desmond Trufant w/ Rhodes having a slight edge. Wouldn't be surprised if we see 3 to 4 CB's taken in the 1st round. Ya, i know Millner is gonna be the 1st CB taken, and with his combine performance, probably deserves it as well, i just really like this CB class, and think the top 10 guys are pretty closley gropued, and i woulden't take em in the top 10because i think if ur picking there, u can get a diffrent need filled and then grab ur corner top of RD2, where guys like Slay, Trufant, Poyer, Banks, Taylor, Alfrod could be.. If u could get Millner or say Werner and Banks, what would u rather do? Some may say Millner, i would say Werner and Banks(just example)

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 12:49 PM
Thoughts on Miami CB Brandon McGee. Most Cane fans will tell you he never lived up to the hype at "the U" and was a disappointment. Is he the next Sam Shields or do you just see him having an average career as a slot corner? I seen him in a prospect rankings list awhile back and instantly noticed his measurables which got me curious, and i did alittle research and seems like a guy who could use some good coaching but has the things u can't teach, which is size and speed... Def worth a shot mid to late... Micah Hyde is a guy i want if we get a CB mid to late..

heavyhitter
02-27-2013, 12:58 PM
Well at least you'll finally agree that Milliner is gonna be the 1st CB off the board. As far as this DB class, I agree w/ you. This DB class is deep and loaded w/ talent. A lot of tall corners this year and same goes w/ the safeties.

heavyhitter
02-27-2013, 01:04 PM
I seen him in a prospect rankings list awhile back and instantly noticed his measurables which got me curious, and i did alittle research and seems like a guy who could use some good coaching but has the things u can't teach, which is size and speed... Def worth a shot mid to late... Micah Hyde is a guy i want if we get a CB mid to late..I'll tell you another CB who needs to be coached up is David Amerson. The guy gambles way too much and needs to play more disciplined football. He was clearly exposed all of last year biting on plays or jumping routes. What round do you see him getting drafted and is he on the Giants rader?

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 01:07 PM
I'll tell you another CB who needs to be coached up is David Amerson. The guy gambles way too much and needs to play more disciplined football. He was clearly exposed all of last year biting on plays or jumping routes. What round do you see him getting drafted and is he on the Giants rader? I actually do think Amerson will be on the giants radar.. Reese likes versatility and Amerson could play some S as well as CB, and had really good size/speed combonation... I could see him on our Radar for RD2, even though i'm not in love with it.. I trust Reese, and i think he covets some of the things that i notice about Amerson...

Imgrate
02-27-2013, 11:19 PM
Chances datone Jones is there in round 2 for us

nycsportzfan
02-27-2013, 11:25 PM
Chances datone Jones is there in round 2 for us Little to none.. But u never know, and that goes for this yr more then others, and every yr the draft ends up being completely diffrent then we thought, so who knows for sure?

Carter.525
02-27-2013, 11:42 PM
Jones in the 2nd is the best case scenario..

ELI_HOF_NYG
02-28-2013, 01:43 AM
at 19 I think they are teetering between a thought to be top 10 pick who drops and 2nd round talent moving to the first due to kind of a soft draft as far as premiere talent at the top. a trade back could be wise but does JR ever do it?

Redeyejedi
02-28-2013, 09:43 AM
Terron Armstead vs Alabama St

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCehzsGGoDY

nycsportzfan
02-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Terron Armstead vs Alabama St

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCehzsGGoDY That boy can move! I like Terron Armstead alot!

TheEnigma
02-28-2013, 11:22 AM
Chances datone Jones is there in round 2 for us

Datone Jones seems consistently faster off the snap, more stout against the run, and passes a better eyeball test than Damontre Moore yet the latter is a projected top 20 pick. I've been watching some Moore film since he is getting projected to us now and this guy just doesn't stand out to me as a beast NFL pass rusher. Where's the explosion from a guy who was being projected as a top 5 pick earlier in the month?

Redeyejedi
02-28-2013, 12:45 PM
Pissed off at the Chiefs trading a high to the 49ers for Alex Smith and then possibly another 2nd if they meet requirements in wins.

nycsportzfan
02-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Pissed off at the Chiefs trading a high to the 49ers for Alex Smith and then possibly another 2nd if they meet requirements in wins. Ya, me 2! Like we needed a team with Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, Colin Kapernick, Vernon Davis, Micahel Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Navarro Bowman, and Frank Gore to get better! Freaking idiot chiefs!

Carter.525
03-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Walterfootball's lastest 4 round mock:

1st- Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
2nd- Dallas Thomas, G/T Tennessee
3rd- Sio Moore, OLB UCONN
4th- Tharold Simon, CB LSU

TheEnigma
03-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Walterfootball's lastest 4 round mock:

1st- Damontre Moore, DE Texas A&M
2nd- Dallas Thomas, G/T Tennessee
3rd- Sio Moore, OLB UCONN
4th- Tharold Simon, CB LSU

That mock also had the Bengals getting Bjoern Werner at 21st overall. Werner would probably be a better fit for the Giants and could be a force playing across JPP.

Carter.525
03-04-2013, 12:19 PM
That mock also had the Bengals getting Bjoern Werner at 21st overall. Werner would probably be a better fit for the Giants and could be a force playing across JPP.

yea I agree Werner would be the better pick..

Redeyejedi
03-04-2013, 02:00 PM
Datone Jones seems consistently faster off the snap, more stout against the run, and passes a better eyeball test than Damontre Moore yet the latter is a projected top 20 pick. I've been watching some Moore film since he is getting projected to us now and this guy just doesn't stand out to me as a beast NFL pass rusher. Where's the explosion from a guy who was being projected as a top 5 pick earlier in the month?He is really overrated and this is coming from the guy who insisted he was underrated when his teammate Porter was in the top 10 in Mocks in May.Moore is a good player but he belongs in the 20's. I seriously dont know how he got up that high in these Mock drafts because most of the people I converse with on Twitter never were that high on him.

ELI_HOF_NYG
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
He is really overrated and this is coming from the guy who insisted he was underrated when his teammate Porter was in the top 10 in Mocks in May.Moore is a good player but he belongs in the 20's. I seriously dont know how he got up that high in these Mock drafts because most of the people I converse with on Twitter never were that high on him.n

not a big fan of either guy. datone jones just isn't enough value to be taken in the 1st at 19, somebody with a higher profile will probably fall.. moore is ok but not a top 10 10 pick as he was being mocked..

Redeyejedi
03-04-2013, 08:32 PM
U know what I thinks crazy, Ryan Nassib. NFPost has Nassib as the #1 prospect in the draft. I just dont see it all. I underrated him at the beginning of the year but I still dont see a first round prospect let alone the #1 prospect in the draft

giants8493
03-04-2013, 08:42 PM
U know what I thinks crazy, Ryan Nassib. NFPost has Nassib as the #1 prospect in the draft. I just dont see it all. I underrated him at the beginning of the year but I still dont see a first round prospect let alone the #1 prospect in the draftYou see, you just don't get how the NFL works.Please, allow me to explain.

Redeyejedi
03-04-2013, 08:51 PM
You see, you just don't get how the NFL works.Please, allow me to explain. No thanks. U can keep your knowledge to yourself

giants8493
03-04-2013, 08:56 PM
No thanks. U can keep your knowledge to yourselfIm a little surprised but OK then.

Imgrate
03-07-2013, 04:02 PM
Redeye, what is that statline you have for our defensive play with and without kp?

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 04:21 PM
He is really overrated and this is coming from the guy who insisted he was underrated when his teammate Porter was in the top 10 in Mocks in May.Moore is a good player but he belongs in the 20's. I seriously dont know how he got up that high in these Mock drafts because most of the people I converse with on Twitter never were that high on him. 2NFL Scouts that Waltfootball talked to at the Sr Bowl both thought Walt Football had him pegged right as a top 10player.. He might not be top 10, but hes a bargain at pick 19.. Versatile defenders that can rush the passer, and also have a motor like his, are tough to come by.. He gets it done where it counts most, and thats on the field... I'd rather Werner fall to us, but Moore would be a great pickup at 19... Instinctive, long lean pass rusher with a solid burst off the snap and room to add weight and strength to his frame, and a nice non stop motor works for me.. Moores gonna terrirorize QB's, i think..

Redeyejedi
03-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Redeye, what is that statline you have for our defensive play with and without kp? They gave up 7 points less a game when he played 25.5 -18. I think it was 50 yards less per game total and 35 yards less passing yards

TheEnigma
03-07-2013, 05:25 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147694/article/mike-mayock-ej-manuel-secondbest-qb-in-nfl-draft

Prepare for Manuel to slip into 1st rounds for mock drafts now. Mayock asks people to jump and they ask back how high.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 05:28 PM
They gave up 7 points less a game when he played 25.5 -18. I think it was 50 yards less per game total and 35 yards less passing yards Who cares, he can't stay healthy and his knees are creakier then ever... I couldent' imagine playing football with bad knees... Let em get overpaid and ride the pine with someone else...