PDA

View Full Version : A look at the12'-13' NFL draft

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Redeye, whats your take on David Bass DE Missouri Western St? I know ur not overly involved in following lower level prospects, but this kid has some OSI in em, does he not? Level of comp is obviously concerning, but were talking mid rd draft pick...

BlueSanta
03-07-2013, 05:13 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000147694/article/mike-mayock-ej-manuel-secondbest-qb-in-nfl-draft

Prepare for Manuel to slip into 1st rounds for mock drafts now. Mayock asks people to jump and they ask back how high.

I love Mayock, but I believe he isnt the scout he once was. Or, I should say his job has changed so that watching tape isnt as big of a component as it used to be. I cannot fathom how anyone who values tape can consider EJ a 1st rounder.

EJ is a good kid and his coaches liked him at FSU. But, he had a serious problem with nerves in big games. At big moments he made terrible decisions and also had a bad breakdown in his footwork when the stakes were high. I cannot tell you how many times at big moments he would overthrow wide open WRs, often floating it into the waiting hands of a safety or letting it sail. I dont mean little overthrows either, I mean 20 yards overthrown. He would drive the football when he needed air under it and he would float it when it needed to be driven. Furthermore, and this may be on his coaches shoulders a bit, I cannot explain how bad this kid was at the 2 minute drill. His clock management was SO bad.

I knew this was going to happen tho because he looks so good. He carries himself well, throws a very pretty football with a strong arm, and has that type of grace when he runs the ball. But, Looks are decieving. People say "well he can be coached up" and that is true and maybe he will be. But he has been a starter at FSU for a long time and didnt really improve much in his time there. FSU has underachieved over the last 2 seasons, and as anyone who watches ACC football will tell you, most of that is because of EJ.

TheEnigma
03-07-2013, 05:54 PM
I love Mayock, but I believe he isnt the scout he once was. Or, I should say his job has changed so that watching tape isnt as big of a component as it used to be. I cannot fathom how anyone who values tape can consider EJ a 1st rounder.

EJ is a good kid and his coaches liked him at FSU. But, he had a serious problem with nerves in big games. At big moments he made terrible decisions and also had a bad breakdown in his footwork when the stakes were high. I cannot tell you how many times at big moments he would overthrow wide open WRs, often floating it into the waiting hands of a safety or letting it sail. I dont mean little overthrows either, I mean 20 yards overthrown. He would drive the football when he needed air under it and he would float it when it needed to be driven. Furthermore, and this may be on his coaches shoulders a bit, I cannot explain how bad this kid was at the 2 minute drill. His clock management was SO bad.

I knew this was going to happen tho because he looks so good. He carries himself well, throws a very pretty football with a strong arm, and has that type of grace when he runs the ball. But, Looks are decieving. People say "well he can be coached up" and that is true and maybe he will be. But he has been a starter at FSU for a long time and didnt really improve much in his time there. FSU has underachieved over the last 2 seasons, and as anyone who watches ACC football will tell you, most of that is because of EJ.

Even with all of the negatives you listed, I suppose he can get away with that stuff in a QB class like this because the rest of the class has their own fundamental weaknesses to deal with. When you have a class like this with no "surefire" franchise signal-callers, it isn't surprising if Manuel ends up in the top 2 or 3 for a ton of teams draft boards at the position because teams might just rather take a gamble on a guy's athletic upside and try to convince themselves that Manuel was just put in a bad situation or that he was improperly coached. He has a shot in the NFL but I do think he needs to hold a clipboard for a year or two before taking the reigns as the face of a franchise.

nycsportzfan
03-07-2013, 07:08 PM
Walt football reported that a AFC scout was very unimpressed with Corey Lemonier in the drills at his proday...

Carter.525
03-07-2013, 10:16 PM
what are the thoughts on Ryan Swope? He looks like a great route runner, very crafy.. Do you think he would fit in this offense?

and what round do you think he goes?

myles2424
03-08-2013, 01:28 AM
what are the thoughts on Ryan Swope? He looks like a great route runner, very crafy.. Do you think he would fit in this offense?

and what round do you think he goes?
Idk when he'll go, but if he makes it outta the 3rd,he's my guy....

Rusty192
03-08-2013, 01:34 AM
Idk when he'll go, but if he makes it outta the 3rd,he's my guy....Had a sick 40 time as well.

BlueSanta
03-10-2013, 07:34 PM
I dont know why people people arent talking about Jake Stoneburner(TE OSU). I know he is projected to go late but he is a good athlete who quietly ran a 4.52 at his pro day. OSU didnt ulitize him very much, but I still think he is better than many are projecting him, and not just because he ran a good 40.

Carter.525
03-11-2013, 09:31 PM
Walerfootball's latest 4 round mock:

1st- Bjoern Werner
2nd- Khaseem Greene
3rd- Travis Frederick
4th- Kiko Alonso

love this mock..!

nycsportzfan
03-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Walerfootball's latest 4 round mock:

1st- Bjoern Werner
2nd- Khaseem Greene
3rd- Travis Frederick
4th- Kiko Alonso

love this mock..!Ya, this mock is right up my ally.. Its got probably my biggest 1st rd hopeful, as far as being a actuaL possiblity, and then its got one of my fave players in this draft in RD2, with Greene, which hugley upgrades our LB core, and brings a playmaking aspect, our core has lacked, and Frederick beefs up the interior of our Oline which needs a upgrade, and Kiko Alonso has length and some athletic abilty he brings to the middle of the LB core, which he would instantly be upgrade over what we got at ILB... Its a nice mock for us...

Redeyejedi
03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
With the Giants owning options on Myers I doubt we see a TE until the 3rd day if 1 at all. I think we will see a RB at some point. Giants are bringing in Maryland TE Matt Furstenburg for a workout. A player ive noticed in cut ups of other players but havent watched specifically

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Speaking of TE's Redeye, 30teams sent reps to Rices proday to check out Vance McDonald.. Theres rumours of him being a 2nd rd pick now.. Crazy how far his climbed... When i noticed em , he was going in the 5th-6th rd range.

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 12:25 PM
Chris Jones DT Bowling Green put up the bench 30times at his proday, and weighs over 300lbs, up from his 292 listed weight during the season.. This guy falls into the Jordan Hill type DT, as a gap penetrator.. Jones has a uncanny motor and is flat out productive.. Hes prooving to be a diamond in the rought type..

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 12:32 PM
One guy i'm starting to like alot, even though he always intrigued me is Alvin Bailey G Arkansas.. This guys can potentially line up at all 3 interior line spots, and is very strong and thickly built, and has some nastiness to his game.. This guy could be a asset for our inside running game, all though i would like em to use other weapons other then his strength sometimes... He relys alittle to much on that, which won't always work in NFL with stronger players then NCAA, but u coach him up on technique, and this kid could be teh complete package.. Has alot of expierence as well, starting 38games in 3yrs at ARK.

tdawg1413
03-19-2013, 12:35 PM
Speaking of TE's Redeye, 30teams sent reps to Rices proday to check out Vance McDonald.. Theres rumours of him being a 2nd rd pick now.. Crazy how far his climbed... When i noticed em , he was going in the 5th-6th rd range.

Funny that the other TE at the Rice pro day, Luke Wilson, had an amazing workout. He is 6'5" 250 and look at these numbers. Could be a 7th round type to try and develop.

The Owls' "other" tight end also completed a 38-inch vertical, 23 bench press reps, 4.24 second short shuttle, and 7.03 second 3-cone drill and a 4.49 forty!

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Funny that the other TE at the Rice pro day, Luke Wilson, had an amazing workout. He is 6'5" 250 and look at these numbers. Could be a 7th round type to try and develop.

The Owls' "other" tight end also completed a 38-inch vertical, 23 bench press reps, 4.24 second short shuttle, and 7.03 second 3-cone drill and a 4.49 forty! Yup, i saw that.. But 80pct of the work is all ready done as soon as the season ends for these kids, and running fast and what not or jumping high can only do so much for u if u don't have the onfield production and/or a good reason why u didn't produce.. Vance McDonald has had a splendid offseason, addded in with his good season on the field, and it makes alot of sense, why hes now being perdicted to go in the 2nd rd..

I absoulutley love the kid as a prospect...

Imgrate
03-19-2013, 07:34 PM
Yup, i saw that.. But 80pct of the work is all ready done as soon as the season ends for these kids, and running fast and what not or jumping high can only do so much for u if u don't have the onfield production and/or a good reason why u didn't produce.. Vance McDonald has had a splendid offseason, addded in with his good season on the field, and it makes alot of sense, why hes now being perdicted to go in the 2nd rd..I absoulutley love the kid as a prospect...Adrien Robinson.

Redeyejedi
03-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Going through Rutgers tapes and Free Safety Duron Harmon stands out quite about. Played really well vs arkansas.

Also Purdues Josh Johnson is a very underrated CB

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 11:47 PM
Adrien Robinson. Ya, and if Adrien Robinson actually produced and put up those combine numbers, he'\worof been a 2nd or 1st rd pick..

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Going through Rutgers tapes and Free Safety Duron Harmon stands out quite about. Played really well vs arkansas.

Also Purdues Josh Johnson is a very underrated CB Ya, i don't know a ton about Josh Johnson, but i have seen him on riser lists now and again, and i've certainly seen his name floating around.. What kinda CB is he? Is he like hosley, as far as undersized a bit, but plays bigger then his size lists, or is he finesse ball skills type who isn't physical in run game? Or a bit of both?

nycsportzfan
03-19-2013, 11:53 PM
I seen both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay talking about RB's, and they both picked Miguel Maysonet as there under the radar back.. Kiper said he saw the Army game, and thats what sold him, and McShay seen the Cuse game, and thats what sold him.... Kiper went as far as to say 3rd-4th rder.. McShay said even if he dont get drafted, hes a guy to watch out for..

Its rare u see so many people agree on a prospect when talking sleepers as much as u see people agree on Miguel Maysonet. Just about everyone on these boards like em as well..

BlueSanta
03-20-2013, 01:41 AM
I seen both Mel Kiper and Todd McShay talking about RB's, and they both picked Miguel Maysonet as there under the radar back.. Kiper said he saw the Army game, and thats what sold him, and McShay seen the Cuse game, and thats what sold him.... Kiper went as far as to say 3rd-4th rder.. McShay said even if he dont get drafted, hes a guy to watch out for..

Its rare u see so many people agree on a prospect when talking sleepers as much as u see people agree on Miguel Maysonet. Just about everyone on these boards like em as well..

We have talked about him and I like what I have see nand heard of him. I mentioned my friend who is a Sb alum and high school football coach for a good program who guarantees this kid will be a good pro.

That said, I think his stock took a big hit at the combine because he measured below the 8.5 inch hand size which is the absolute bear minimum for some teams to consider a back. I still think someone will pick him up, but he his stock took a hit at the combine imho, without even performing it got hurt. .

My other sleeper back was Lonnie Pryor, but he also measured small hands and that is gonna hurt him, although it isnt as devastating for a fullback type.

nycsportzfan
03-20-2013, 10:32 AM
We have talked about him and I like what I have see nand heard of him. I mentioned my friend who is a Sb alum and high school football coach for a good program who guarantees this kid will be a good pro.

That said, I think his stock took a big hit at the combine because he measured below the 8.5 inch hand size which is the absolute bear minimum for some teams to consider a back. I still think someone will pick him up, but he his stock took a hit at the combine imho, without even performing it got hurt. .

My other sleeper back was Lonnie Pryor, but he also measured small hands and that is gonna hurt him, although it isnt as devastating for a fullback type. Man, that'd be pretty lame if teams passed on this kid because they thought his hands were not quite big enough, and ignored his vision, balance, and instincts..

Thats why i don't like some of these workout things.. This kids gonna either be good or not, and its gonna have nothing to do with his hand size.. I totally agree with u, that it does hurt is stock, but its absoulutley ridiculous that his hands being a tad small being the reason this kid might not get drafted..

tdawg1413
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
I see that Cooper Taylor from Richmond ran a 4.47 at 6-5 230 at his pro day. I would definitely spend a 7th rounder on him and convert him to a LB. See if he can out on 10-15 lbs for the 2014 season. At the very worst, I am sure he can contribute on specials in year 1.

Redeyejedi
03-22-2013, 07:45 AM
At South Carolina Spring practice

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 15h
#Jadeveon RT @GCChrisClark: Clowney just blocked a field goal by kicking it out of the holder's hand. I'm serious.

Somebody at SB Nation compared Clowney to what Lawrence Taylor looked like in Tecmo Bowl this spring

Ive been going through Clowneys games because I am doing a 10 game video of him for my 1000th video and he doesnt play the option well at all. he has a real problem finding the ball on fakes. I mean he is still way ahead of any DE prospect ive seen as sophomore ever

Redeyejedi
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
I see that Cooper Taylor from Richmond ran a 4.47 at 6-5 230 at his pro day. I would definitely spend a 7th rounder on him and convert him to a LB. See if he can out on 10-15 lbs for the 2014 season. At the very worst, I am sure he can contribute on specials in year 1. Been searching for tape on him forever

nycsportzfan
03-23-2013, 07:07 AM
6ft 1in 219lb Safety Ray Polk ran a 4.47 at his proday for Colorado.. I honestly don't know much about em, but that alone is intriguing, possibly as a UDF type..

nycsportzfan
03-23-2013, 07:13 AM
THe more i learn about Nick Catapano DE Princeton the more i like.. He seems like a perfect fit to fill Tucks SDE for us.. Hes got the nessecary size, on field production, and work ethic.. He ran a respectable 4.71 at his proday at 271lbs...

The other small school DE i'm very intrested in is David Bass from Mizzo Western St.. He ran a 4.69 at his proday, and has adequete size at 6ft 4in 262lbs.. Hes all time sack holder at his respective school... A great kid as well, who really gets it, and has what seems to be a wholsome attitude and great morals.... Has over 40 career sacks...

2 sleeper DE's that have had my intrigue for awahile now, and continue to do so..

nycsportzfan
03-25-2013, 06:52 PM
The bears know Linebackers.. Peeves me off they went and stole James Anderson , who i wanted us to pickup.. They also got DJ Williams for cheap, little risk, high reward signing.. But James Anderson would of been a great pickup for us..

tdawg1413
03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
6ft 1in 219lb Safety Ray Polk ran a 4.47 at his proday for Colorado.. I honestly don't know much about em, but that alone is intriguing, possibly as a UDF type..

I feel like there are a lot of intriguing athletes. Not sure how good they are in games but definitely guys you can gamble on them in the 7th/UDFA, stick them on specials for a year or two and hope they develop. If not, they were late rounders so it's not much of an issue. Guys like Polk, Taylor and a few skill position players I have noticed are worth the shot.

tdawg1413
03-25-2013, 07:52 PM
Here is another guy from South Florida. Check out these numbers from his pro day:

George Baker
CB
5-11

40 yd

39.5 vert

I know zero about this guy but a 5'11" corner with 4.3 wheels and an almost 40 inch vertical is worth a look.

nycsportzfan
03-27-2013, 12:33 AM
God dang Redskins picked up EJ Biggers, who i liked alot myself. He played well after Talib was traded and albeit hes not especailly expierenced, he showed some good cover skills when he got in there...

nycsportzfan
03-27-2013, 12:33 AM
Here is another guy from South Florida. Check out these numbers from his pro day:

George Baker
CB
5-11

40 yd

39.5 vert

I know zero about this guy but a 5'11" corner with 4.3 wheels and an almost 40 inch vertical is worth a look. They love the athletes down in s.fla..

nycsportzfan
03-27-2013, 08:03 AM
Very excited to see giants workout Nick Catapano DE Princeton.. This kids got a chance to be a steal and would be excellent guy to challenge for snaps at the SDE positon and possibly contend for the job for good going forward... Heres a list of guys linked to giants so far... Khaseem Greene isn't on the list, and we did have him in for a visit as well..

New York Giants:
Luke Batton, LB, Kent State (INT)
Mike Catapano, DL, Princeton (PRI)
DeWayne Cherrington, DL, Mississippi State (PRO)
Matt Furstenburg, TE, Maryland (PRI)
Nick Kasa, TE, Colorado (PRO)
Lamar Mady, OL, Youngstown State (INT)
Miguel Maysonet, RB, Stony Brook (PRI)
Brendan Melanophy, DB, Fordham (PRO)
Trent Steelman, WR, Army (EW)
Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRi)
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR

Redeyejedi
03-27-2013, 10:34 PM
Put up my 1000th Draft Video tonight

Jadevon Clowney vs 9 teams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pylGjuI_82c

Redeyejedi
03-30-2013, 09:37 AM
List of players Giants have met with.
Been meaning to cut something on the MD TE tested real well. Full game of him up on Youtube vs Clemson 2011 which was his best game statistically if anyone is interested

Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRI)
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)
Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRI)

BlueSanta
03-30-2013, 12:34 PM
List of players Giants have met with.
Been meaning to cut something on the MD TE tested real well. Full game of him up on Youtube vs Clemson 2011 which was his best game statistically if anyone is interested

Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRI)
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR)
Khaseem Greene, LB, Rutgers (PRI)

I saw this list on Waltersfootball. The impression I walked away with how good the Giants are at keeping secrets because it seemed like every other team has 2x the number of players interviews.

Redeyejedi
03-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Very excited to see giants workout Nick Catapano DE Princeton.. This kids got a chance to be a steal and would be excellent guy to challenge for snaps at the SDE positon and possibly contend for the job for good going forward... Heres a list of guys linked to giants so far... Khaseem Greene isn't on the list, and we did have him in for a visit as well..

New York Giants:
Chance Warmack, OL, Alabama (PRi)
Brian Winters, OL, Kent State (SR Either they are keeping things quiet or they arent doing much homework. They are allowed a certain amount of visits why not use them. Why not bring in Ogletree and talk to him . Why not do medical work ups on some guys

nycsportzfan
03-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Either they are keeping things quiet or they arent doing much homework. They are allowed a certain amount of visits why not use them. Why not bring in Ogletree and talk to him . Why not do medical work ups on some guys I think there is some guys we probably don't know about, and maybe when Jerry went to GA , he saw what he needed to outta Ogletree, and hes gonna use his allowed visits elsewhere over whats still a month before draft..

All ready we've been linked to Chance Warmack, Khaseem Greene, Miguel Maysonet, Brian Winters, Nick Kasa, and Mike Catapano, all guys i really like, and obviously we've been to some major schools prodays as well... I'm ok with the rumours up to this point and with FA'cy for that matter.. So far this is shaping up to be a solid offseason, considering out financial situation.. Top it off with a solid draft..

Redeyejedi
03-30-2013, 08:17 PM
Just saw on Twitter that NFL Network has an emphasis on not tipping the draft picks this year. Thats great news ESPN has ruined the draft by announcing the picks sometimes 2 before they are called

Redeyejedi
03-30-2013, 08:20 PM

George Baker
CB
5-11

40 yd

39.5 vert

I know zero about this guy but a 5'11" corner with 4.3 wheels and an almost 40 inch vertical is worth a look. 1 of his people asked me to cut tape for him but asked for specific games. Really dont like doing that. Maybe I will cut up the Rutgers game played pretty well

juice33s
04-10-2013, 04:05 PM
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/322050089382211584) I was also told by same source not to put LSE DE Sam Montgomery within the first 3 rounds of the draft. He also believes Richardson>Floyd

juice33s
04-10-2013, 04:06 PM
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/322049447452364800) According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st. Eric Reid's stock is on the rise and could go round 1

nycsportzfan
04-10-2013, 05:33 PM
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/322049447452364800) According to league source, Cordarrelle Patterson may fall out of the 1st. Eric Reid's stock is on the rise and could go round 1 Ya, i've never been sold on Patterson as a 1st rd draft pick, as hes a risk, and getting drafted mostly on what his physcial gifts could translate to on the field, and his hands are shoddy at best...

Redeyejedi
04-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein 1h (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein/status/322050089382211584) I was also told by same source not to put LSE DE Sam Montgomery within the first 3 rounds of the draft. He also believes Richardson>FloydSam Montgomery looks so awkward running

juice33s
04-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Ya, i've never been sold on Patterson as a 1st rd draft pick, as hes a risk, and getting drafted mostly on what his physcial gifts could translate to on the field, and his hands are shoddy at best...Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)

nycsportzfan
04-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something) Ya, add in hes got a bunch of inconsistencies to his game, hes a risky pick.. Redeye and I had just discussed that not all that long ago..

juice33s
04-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Sam Montgomery looks so awkward runningStill that would be quite a fall for someone who was considered a top 20 pick just a few months ago. Although at the time I hated the thought of the Giants using a first on him...A lot of ppl will point to his downfall starting with the omission that he took plays off, but to me he was always just over rated. He has the size of a speed rusher, yet the skill set of a base LDE, not exactly a great combination.

nycsportzfan
04-10-2013, 08:41 PM
I wouldent' mind trading down and adding picks and drafting Jamar Taylor.. I've always liked em alot, and the more i see, hes perfect for us, as hes got speed, ball skills, and can man up and play zone, and is one of the best corners against the run.. Very physcial player, and also solid size.. Dude ran a sub 4.4 40 at combine as well, i believe..

juice33s
04-10-2013, 10:00 PM
I wouldent' mind trading down and adding picks and drafting Jamar Taylor.. I've always liked em alot, and the more i see, hes perfect for us, as hes got speed, ball skills, and can man up and play zone, and is one of the best corners against the run.. Very physcial player, and also solid size.. Dude ran a sub 4.4 40 at combine as well, i believe..
This draft seems to be pretty stacked with corners...It's very likely we see 5 go in the first round and that doesn't even include Banks, Amserson and Mathieu who before the season started people considered them top 20 picks....I'd be ecstatic if because of the depth, Jordan Poyer dropped to us in round 3

Just checked Walts draft and he has the Giants Getting Poyer in round 4, Even better! (Although that seems to good to be true)

juice33s
04-10-2013, 10:10 PM
This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th

BlueSanta
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
This draft as a whole seems to be loaded in the secondary, for all you KP fans upset by his departure, it might be consoling to know that we could get a clone in TJ Mcdonald for little more then a 5th

Prior to this year I would have agreed.

He looked SO bad in 2012. He would have some explaining to do in interviews imho.

Look at the Oregon game tape. It is painful what Barner did to him in the open field. That wasn't his only bad tape either. He sucked equally vs the pass as he did vs the run.

This year I see a guy who lumbered rather than ran and had serious change of direction problems. I know he had ankle surgery recently and maybe that explains it because I cannot, he looked good in 2011.

But there were also reports of a poor senior bowl week as well.

This kid would have been a late 1st round to early 2nd round pick last year, and now he is a 4th -5th round pick. I am baffled by his play this year.

Carter.525
04-10-2013, 11:21 PM
best case scenario mock (bleacher report)

1st- Lane Johnson
2nd- Arthur Brown
3rd- Sam Montgomery
4th- Logan Ryan
5th- Oday Aboushi
6th- Marquise Goodwin
7th- Omoregie Uzzi

Redeyejedi
04-11-2013, 06:44 AM
Ya, add in hes got a bunch of inconsistencies to his game, hes a risky pick.. Redeye and I had just discussed that not all that long ago.. People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux

giantsfan420
04-11-2013, 10:33 AM
Supposedly it's due to very poor interviews and not being the quickest learner (Needs a lot of reps in practice to understand something)so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect.

Redeyejedi
04-11-2013, 11:11 AM
so funny i said this a month ago or so (when his stock was at its highest). Further, I also have seen that USC wr, (a guy a few months ago i had mwntioned i actually believed he was the best wr prospect in terms of prototypical wr in this draft. he's like a more elusive, faster steve smith with his route running and fluidity in and out of breaks/cuts. I cant recall his name atm which is embarrassing, but i've seen kiper/mcshay/ mayock all move him up and now he's seen as a late 1rst rd prospect by the consensus of analysts i respect. Robert Woods. He was ranked number 1 before the season but like I said then ,Even though he may be the best WR in the class that type usually doesnt get picked as the top WR. I feel if u take him u are almost guaranteeing yourself a 1000 yard receiver .

nycsportzfan
04-11-2013, 11:58 AM
People compare him to Calvin Johnson the guy struggled to get open for more then half the season. He had 1 100 yard game against Troy. Its great to be explosive with the ball in your hands but his route running sux Agreed.. I've seen some drops that were pretty pathetic and as u said, the route running needs a ton of work as well.. Its funny, becuase i'd seen some have Jets drafting this guy, and this to me, would b a jets type move...

juice33s
04-11-2013, 05:44 PM
Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines

juice33s
04-11-2013, 05:47 PM
The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein does not expect a TE to be selected in the top 15 picks. "Eifert is pretty good, but certainly not special - at all," Zierlein tweeted http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines I've been saying the same thing for months

myles2424
04-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Western Kentucky DE Quanterus Smith visited the Philadelphia Eagles and will visit the New York Giants next, according to NFL.com's Gil Brandt.

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines

Some have mocked us Fluker at 19, smith beat Fluker for 3 sacks in their game....that's good enough for me in a late round pick....

juice33s
04-11-2013, 06:11 PM
Some have mocked us Fluker at 19, smith beat Fluker for 3 sacks in their game....that's good enough for me in a late round pick....One major problem is he tore his ACL in November...Also he only beat FLuker once, he beat Cyrus Kuandijio for the other 2

nycsportzfan
04-11-2013, 08:08 PM

Smith is 6-foot-5, 250 pounds and is recovering from a knee injury (torn ACL) that ended his final season prematurely. He is one of the sleeper pass-rushers in this year's draft, as he shows the ability to get around the edge because of his long strides and closing speed. ESPN's Todd McShay recently said Smith was a "name to remember" and a potential "Day 3 steal". http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines Ya, without the ACL injury, this guy would of been a top 4rd selection, and i think would be a nice athletic edge rusher for us, whos obviously got room to add weight on his frame.. This guys a good upside pick, in the late rds...

juice33s
04-12-2013, 12:19 PM
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 59m (https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/322730659124756481) Vinston Painter/G/Va Tech visits: Tampa Bay Bucs, Detroit Lions, NY Giants, Denver Broncos, SD Chargers, Jax Jaguars & Cincinnati Bengals.

juice33s
04-12-2013, 12:20 PM
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 1h (https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/322729661572448257) Alonzo Tweedy/S/Virginia Tech has worked out for the New England Patriots and will be traveling to see the New York Giants next week...

juice33s
04-12-2013, 05:44 PM
(On Chance Warmack) Draft insider Tony Pauline notes that the Giants "would love the opportunity to select him as they feel he’s a great fit for their system."

"Moving towards the draft it seems one of the Giants early targets, Warmack’s teammate D.J. Fluker, will be out of reach," Pauline writes. It isn't in the Giants' nature to draft offensive linemen in the top two rounds, but we won't rule out these two prospects. Defensive line might be more likely. http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/0/nfl-draft-headlines/

juice33s
04-12-2013, 05:47 PM
One late round blocker I am told the Giants like is Emmett Cleary of Boston College, who has drawn praise from the teams offensive line coach Pat Flaherty. http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=6916

Carter.525
04-13-2013, 10:03 AM
Mississippi State CB Darius Slay has been invited to the NFL draft.It's notable because Slay is not a particularly big name, but the NFL typically only invites players likely to be drafted on the first two days. Slay's stock among teams may be higher than draftniks know. He's 6-foot, 192 and ran 4.36 at the Combine. Slay was Johnthan Banks' lesser-known bookend at Mississippi State.Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter Apr 12 - 10:07 PM

juice33s
04-13-2013, 10:48 AM
Source: Gil Brandt on Twitter Apr 12 - 10:07 PMYeah he's replacing Trufant who has to attend to a family matter. It's interesting he'll be attending and not his teammate Banks. This might be an indication of how the NFL values the two

nycsportzfan
04-13-2013, 12:49 PM
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline 59m (https://twitter.com/TonyPauline/status/322730659124756481) Vinston Painter/G/Va Tech visits: Tampa Bay Bucs, Detroit Lions, NY Giants, Denver Broncos, SD Chargers, Jax Jaguars & Cincinnati Bengals. Vinston Painter fits what we do here very well.. Were showing a ton of intrest in the va tech guys lately, ey? Wilson and Hosley last yr, now were showing interst in Painter and Tweedy this yr...

Painter makes sense because he moves well, and is versatile, can step out to T, but projects to G in the pro's.. I'd be ok with Painter as a mid to late rd player....

Thanks for these updates juicy...

juice33s
04-14-2013, 10:47 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 19h (https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/323149598719868929) Mr @LanceZierlein (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein) says a trusted league source told him to "plug Geno (Smith) in here" at the #Eagles (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles&src=hash) No. 4 pick:

Carter.525
04-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 19h (https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/323149598719868929) Mr @LanceZierlein (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein) says a trusted league source told him to "plug Geno (Smith) in here" at the #Eagles (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles&src=hash) No. 4 pick: I could see Chip Kelly, taking Geno.. Let him sit behind Vick for a year

juice33s
04-14-2013, 11:42 AM
I could see Chip Kelly, taking Geno.. Let him sit behind Vick for a year That would be optimal, but Vick hasn't played a full season since 2006. Even if he's healthy, if the Eagles struggle early I'd expect Smith to be starting by mid season

Carter.525
04-14-2013, 02:26 PM
Jaguars GM Dave Caldwell says the club has narrowed down the No. 2 overall pick to two prospects."We're pretty close -- it's down to two people," said Caldwell. Only Caldwell, owner Shad Khan, and coach Gus Bradley are expected to be informed of the Jaguars' selection. We suspect the two players are made up of some combination of Oregon DE/OLB Dion Jordan, BYU DE Ziggy Ansah, and West Virginia QB Geno Smith. Caldwell said he'd be "surprised" if the Jags had a chance to trade down.Related: JaguarsSource: Florida Times Union Apr 14 - 2:19 PM

Carter.525
04-14-2013, 04:21 PM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock says he is "scared to death" of Georgia LB Alec Ogletree as a first-round pick due both to off- and on-field concerns.Ogletree is a candidate to slide out of the first round because his character is a nightmare. "Im scared to death about Ogletree, both for on- and off-the-field issues," Mayock said. "When you put the tape on, he has no clue what hes doing. He looks like a safety that somebody plugged inside at inside linebacker. He just runs around." Mayock also called Ogletree's work ethic and passion for the game "question marks right now."Source: Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News Apr 14 - 3:48 PM

penguinfarmer
04-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Evan Silva ‏@evansilva 19h (https://twitter.com/evansilva/status/323149598719868929) Mr @LanceZierlein (https://twitter.com/LanceZierlein) says a trusted league source told him to "plug Geno (Smith) in here" at the #Eagles (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Eagles&src=hash) No. 4 pick:

Translation: Jets, Bills, please trade to #4 please.

nycsportzfan
04-14-2013, 05:26 PM
Does anyone like anyone this draft??lol Seems everyone has a draft guru that dosen't like em...

nycsportzfan
04-15-2013, 02:42 PM
Man, this mock from walts partner Charlie Campbell is insane..

1). Bjorn Werner DE Fla St.
2). Khaseem Greene LB Rutgers
3). Jordan Poyer CB Org St.
4). Brian Schwenke C California
5). Dion Sims TE Mich St.
6). Reid Fragel OT Ohio St.
------ he dosent have 7th rd in there, so i'll finish---
7). Rontez Miles S Cal PA
7). Lamar Mady G Youngstown St.

Carter.525
04-15-2013, 03:01 PM

I'd be very happy with this.. thats the 1st time I've seen Schwenke mocked to the Giants

Kruunch
04-15-2013, 03:07 PM
Does anyone like anyone this draft??lol Seems everyone has a draft guru that dosen't like em...

Kind of the whole point of a draft ... find someone with the most upside, least flaws, etc ...

You're SUPPOSED to be critical of players at this stage.

Plus it would be boring if everyone just agreed with everyone else :D

nycsportzfan
04-15-2013, 03:30 PM
Kind of the whole point of a draft ... find someone with the most upside, least flaws, etc ...

You're SUPPOSED to be critical of players at this stage.

Plus it would be boring if everyone just agreed with everyone else :D No kidding, but its not just the fact of u don't like a guy as much as the next, its simply calling players bad basically, yet there talked about as 1st rd prospects.. I mean, Mayock didn't just say he didn't like Ogletree, as how in the world could u draft Ogletree in the first 3rds if u went on what Mayock said about em?(obviously teams don't go on what mayock says,i'm just saying)..

Its alot diffrent then being slightly critical about something miniscule, that tips the scales in one prospects favor over anothers... Thats what i'm talking about..

And most yrs, theres a bit more certainty then this yr, which has been known for sometime now, hence u got guys who were sure fire top 5picks a couple months ago, now perdicted to go in the 2nd rd or even 3rd rd depending on where u look(damontre moore) and u got guys like Shariff Floyd who was going in the 2nd rd, late 1st a coupe months back, now almost certain top 5pick..etc This is by far the most uncertain draft with completely diffrent opinions on players then we'd ever seen before...

Carter.525
04-15-2013, 03:35 PM

just checked it out.. Ty Powell goes the pick after Fragel

BlueSanta
04-16-2013, 02:53 AM
No kidding, but its not just the fact of u don't like a guy as much as the next, its simply calling players bad basically, yet there talked about as 1st rd prospects.. I mean, Mayock didn't just say he didn't like Ogletree, as how in the world could u draft Ogletree in the first 3rds if u went on what Mayock said about em?(obviously teams don't go on what mayock says,i'm just saying)..

Its alot diffrent then being slightly critical about something miniscule, that tips the scales in one prospects favor over anothers... Thats what i'm talking about..

And most yrs, theres a bit more certainty then this yr, which has been known for sometime now, hence u got guys who were sure fire top 5picks a couple months ago, now perdicted to go in the 2nd rd or even 3rd rd depending on where u look(damontre moore) and u got guys like Shariff Floyd who was going in the 2nd rd, late 1st a coupe months back, now almost certain top 5pick..etc This is by far the most uncertain draft with completely diffrent opinions on players then we'd ever seen before...

I think that is a fair statement.

However, I think there is a reason. The popularity of the NFL draft as a spectator event has skyrocketed in recent years, same with the combine. With popularity, comes people trying to make money off it. There are so many more opinions out there now. The term "scout" used to mean a guy who worked for an NFL team. Now it is a guy with an opinion about some prospect and happens to put it on the internet, or on TV, or wherever..

Then you have social media on top of everything and you have people(some important most not) tweeting smoke screens, rumors, lies, truths, opinions, facts and all sorts of nonsense that is completely undistinguishable from each other. Fans eat that nonsense(mostly) up and change their opinions of players based on it.

10 years ago I could name a prospect and most would only know him if they saw him in a bowl game or the national champ game. Now people can acquiant themselves with players more easily via the internet. That means more opinions which means more critics. I think that is all it is really.

I also think there is a bit of this every year. People on these boards and everywhere fall in love with prospects. Then, when that guy isn't available or isn't picked, they just wont be happy and will complain. They will poo on any other prospect because he isn't the guy they loved.

nycsportzfan
04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
I think that is a fair statement.

However, I think there is a reason. The popularity of the NFL draft as a spectator event has skyrocketed in recent years, same with the combine. With popularity, comes people trying to make money off it. There are so many more opinions out there now. The term "scout" used to mean a guy who worked for an NFL team. Now it is a guy with an opinion about some prospect and happens to put it on the internet, or on TV, or wherever..

Then you have social media on top of everything and you have people(some important most not) tweeting smoke screens, rumors, lies, truths, opinions, facts and all sorts of nonsense that is completely undistinguishable from each other. Fans eat that nonsense(mostly) up and change their opinions of players based on it.

10 years ago I could name a prospect and most would only know him if they saw him in a bowl game or the national champ game. Now people can acquiant themselves with players more easily via the internet. That means more opinions which means more critics. I think that is all it is really.

I also think there is a bit of this every year. People on these boards and everywhere fall in love with prospects. Then, when that guy isn't available or isn't picked, they just wont be happy and will complain. They will poo on any other prospect because he isn't the guy they loved. A classic "i agree" but pretty much don't agree from Santaman..lol

This yr has easily been the most turmoil and unceartinty that we've ever seen in the draft.. never have guys been top 5picks for months and then inexplicably there outta the top 2rounds by some and dropping to pick 26 by some(moore and werner, i saw werner going to ATL by some), and Shariff Floyd a month or 2 ago was going as late as the 3rd rd, and now is a sure fire top 5-10pick, and were seeing Te'os stock go up and down and up and down, and look at Lane Johnson, who had been a 2nd rd prospect and now is a top 10pick, and i just seen Adam Shefter reported that the supposedly best player in this draft chance warmack could be dropping to pick 18 or further, and we still have no clue about the QB's and where there gonna go, as the reports change daily almost, and we seen Keenan Allen as mostly a sure fire top 20pick for sometime, and now hes dropped by some to the top of rd 2 or very back end of rd2.. I remember Vaccaro was going in the mid 2nd a couple months ago, now all of a sudden hes the best safety and is soooo good and is a top 20pick, and Jamar Taylor was a sleeper of mine a couple months ago along with Darius Slay and now Taylor is perdicted by some to go in the mid 1st to late 1st by most, and Slay has moved up to mid 2ndish

How about Dion Jordan? Another guy perdicted to go to us in alot of mock and even further in others and is now possibly the 2nd overall pick..

Never in any draft i've watched(1993 was my first), have i seen such change and uncertainty right up to the day...

BlueSanta
04-16-2013, 10:48 AM
A classic "i agree" but pretty much don't agree from Santaman..lol

This yr has easily been the most turmoil and unceartinty that we've ever seen in the draft.. never have guys been top 5picks for months and then inexplicably there outta the top 2rounds by some and dropping to pick 26 by some(moore and werner, i saw werner going to ATL by some), and Shariff Floyd a month or 2 ago was going as late as the 3rd rd, and now is a sure fire top 5-10pick, and were seeing Te'os stock go up and down and up and down, and look at Lane Johnson, who had been a 2nd rd prospect and now is a top 10pick, and i just seen Adam Shefter reported that the supposedly best player in this draft chance warmack could be dropping to pick 18 or further, and we still have no clue about the QB's and where there gonna go, as the reports change daily almost, and we seen Keenan Allen as mostly a sure fire top 20pick for sometime, and now hes dropped by some to the top of rd 2 or very back end of rd2.. I remember Vaccaro was going in the mid 2nd a couple months ago, now all of a sudden hes the best safety and is soooo good and is a top 20pick, and Jamar Taylor was a sleeper of mine a couple months ago along with Darius Slay and now Taylor is perdicted by some to go in the mid 1st to late 1st by most, and Slay has moved up to mid 2ndish

How about Dion Jordan? Another guy perdicted to go to us in alot of mock and even further in others and is now possibly the 2nd overall pick..

Never in any draft i've watched(1993 was my first), have i seen such change and uncertainty right up to the day...

???

I agreed and gave a reason. Big difference.

nycsportzfan
04-16-2013, 12:13 PM
???

I agreed and gave a reason. Big difference. I know , i'm just messing with ya..lol I was just delving deeper into the uncertainty about this draft..

Carter.525
04-16-2013, 06:44 PM
Walterfootball's latest mock:

1st- Chance Warmack, G Alabama
2nd- DJ Hayden, CB Houston
3rd- Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
4th- Luke Marquardt, OT Asuza Pacific (never heard of him)
5th- Mike Catapano, DE Princeton
6th- Jawan Jamison, RB Rutgers

titwio
04-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Ziggy is officially 23 years old and will be 24 next month. Wonder if this hurts his stock at all.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9183917/ezekiel-ziggy-ansah-passport-viewed-teams

nycsportzfan
04-17-2013, 10:20 PM

1st- Chance Warmack, G Alabama
2nd- DJ Hayden, CB Houston
3rd- Khaseem Greene, LB Rutgers
4th- Luke Marquardt, OT Asuza Pacific (never heard of him)
5th- Mike Catapano, DE Princeton
6th- Jawan Jamison, RB Rutgers Catapano and Marquardt are very intriguing pieces, and becasue of there physical attributes, i coudl easily see them as guys going ahead of where some perdict(6th-7th range)... Marquardt was also taught by jackie slate at asuza pacific, which can only help..

Carter.525
04-17-2013, 11:15 PM
NFL Network's Mike Mayock says NC State S Earl Wolff is a draft riser.Mayock said Wolff went from "late draftable" to "probably a third-rounder". He added that there's no way he gets through the fourth-round, and he likes his tackling and awareness. Wolff is one of our own Josh Norris' favorite prospects.Source: NFL.com Apr 17 - 7:15 PM

BlueSanta
04-18-2013, 03:19 AM
Source: NFL.com Apr 17 - 7:15 PM

I said it months ago when NYC brought him as a 6thish round sleeper and I scoffed at him(incorrectly) at that notion because I found it hard to fathom him as a 6th rounder. But, after looking, that's where many "analysts" were projecting him to go. I have no idea how he was ever that low on people's boards. Even prior to his excellent combine which made people look 2x at him.

His tape is way too good for 6th round.

Redeyejedi
04-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Ziggy is officially 23 years old and will be 24 next month. Wonder if this hurts his stock at all.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/story/_/id/9183917/ezekiel-ziggy-ansah-passport-viewed-teamsNo I was concerned about him earlier in the year so I tracked down his age in October. Giants have taken a couple guys who were older Ross was 25 I f I remember correctly

nycsportzfan
04-18-2013, 12:22 PM
I doubt 23 is gonna effect a guys stock,no matter who it is.. Its not a big deal.. I'd draft Ansah 1st overall if i was giants GM and picking 1st overall.. Hes the highest upside player in this draft and the closest thing there is to possibly becoming Jason Pierre Paul..

titwio
04-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I'm not worried about the Giants drafting a 24 year old rookie (wasn't even considering them as an option) but there's been talk of him going top 5....I'm wondering if those earlier teams (Lions, Browns, etc..) will be wary and thrown off by it by investing that high of a pick on him.

nycsportzfan
04-18-2013, 12:39 PM
I'm not worried about the Giants drafting a 24 year old rookie (wasn't even considering them as an option) but there's been talk of him going top 5....I'm wondering if those earlier teams (Lions, Browns, etc..) will be wary and thrown off by it by investing that high of a pick on him. Maybe if he was a bit older, but i don't see why being 23 would be a issue as opposed to 22 or 21.. Hopefully they won't pass on a player they think is gonna be awesome because of that..

titwio
04-18-2013, 12:53 PM
Maybe if he was a bit older, but i don't see why being 23 would be a issue as opposed to 22 or 21.. Hopefully they won't pass on a player they think is gonna be awesome because of that..

But he's only 23 for another month. In reality they're drafting a 24 year old rookie. I think that age is when it may weigh on some people's minds. I don't think it'll hurt him too much but I was just wondering how others may take it.

juice33s
04-20-2013, 10:57 AM
Mike Mayock top 100 rankings http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects)
1. Eric Fisher (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/eric-fisher?id=2539213), OT, Central Michigan
2. Sharrif Floyd (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sharrif-floyd?id=2540150), DT, Florida
3. Luke Joeckel (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/luke-joeckel?id=2540139), OT, Texas A&M
4. Chance Warmack (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/chance-warmack?id=2539194), OG, Alabama
5. Dion Jordan (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/dion-jordan?id=2539288), DE/OLB, Oregon
6. Lane Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/lane-johnson?id=2539286), OT, Oklahoma
7. Sheldon Richardson (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sheldon-richardson?id=2540142), DT, Missouri
8. Jonathan Cooper (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jonathan-cooper?id=2539272), OG, North Carolina
9. Ziggy Ansah (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ziggy-ansah?id=2539931), DE, BYU
10. Barkevious Mingo (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/barkevious-mingo?id=2540140), DE, LSU

11. Star Lotulelei (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/star-lotulelei?id=2539329), DT, Utah
12. Tavon Austin (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tavon-austin?id=2539336), WR, West Virginia
13. Tyler Eifert (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148), TE, Notre Dame
14. D.J. Hayden (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/d.j.-hayden?id=2539237), CB, Houston
15. D.J. Fluker (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/d.j.-fluker?id=2540166), OT, Alabama
16. Dee Milliner (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/dee-milliner?id=2540146), CB, Alabama
17. Kenny Vaccaro (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kenny-vaccaro?id=2539320), S, Texas
18. Eddie Lacy (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/eddie-lacy?id=2540168), RB, Alabama
19. Jarvis Jones (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jarvis-jones?id=2540137), OLB, Georgia
20. Xavier Rhodes (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/xavier-rhodes?id=2540155), CB, Florida State .....

titwio
04-20-2013, 02:37 PM
What's going on with the Carradine workout and why can't I get any updates?

titwio
04-20-2013, 02:48 PM
Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy

135 days post knee surgery, FSU defensive end Tank Carradine runs a 4.75 in the 40 during a workout for teams

titwio
04-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Christopher Hansen ‏@ChrisHansenNFL (https://twitter.com/ChrisHansenNFL)6m (https://twitter.com/ChrisHansenNFL/status/325683223671762944)
Tank Carradine is probably the top 4-3 RDE in this draft

Jason Bernos ‏@Berns247 (https://twitter.com/Berns247)10m (https://twitter.com/Berns247/status/325682872361054209)
To me, Tank Carradine is better than Bjoern Werner and Brandon Jenkins, and, if no ACL tear, could be in discussion for Top 10

Sounds like he's impressing and putting on a show ....much like I thought he would.

Carter.525
04-20-2013, 02:58 PM
FSU DE Cornellius Carradine ran a 4.75 forty during a workout for NFL teams, just 135 days after undergoing knee surgery.As we have been saying, do not rule Carradine out of the top 15. Our own Josh Norris ranked Carradine as the second best defensive end in the class after Ezekiel Ansah. He needs some technical work, but Carradine is quick off the snap with strong hands and an aggressive mentality.Source: Joe Reedy on Twitter Apr 20 - 2:48 PM

juice33s
04-20-2013, 02:58 PM
Sounds like he's impressing and putting on a show ....much like I thought he would.
It'll be interesting if both him and Werner are there at 19...I think the Giants would take tank

Carter.525
04-20-2013, 03:02 PM
Mike Mayock top 100 rankings http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects (http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000161676/article/2013-nfl-draft-mike-mayocks-top-100-prospects)1. Eric Fisher (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/eric-fisher?id=2539213), OT, Central Michigan 2. Sharrif Floyd (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sharrif-floyd?id=2540150), DT, Florida 3. Luke Joeckel (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/luke-joeckel?id=2540139), OT, Texas A&M 4. Chance Warmack (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/chance-warmack?id=2539194), OG, Alabama 5. Dion Jordan (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/dion-jordan?id=2539288), DE/OLB, Oregon 6. Lane Johnson (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/lane-johnson?id=2539286), OT, Oklahoma 7. Sheldon Richardson (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/sheldon-richardson?id=2540142), DT, Missouri 8. Jonathan Cooper (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jonathan-cooper?id=2539272), OG, North Carolina9. Ziggy Ansah (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/ziggy-ansah?id=2539931), DE, BYU 10. Barkevious Mingo (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/barkevious-mingo?id=2540140), DE, LSU11. Star Lotulelei (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/star-lotulelei?id=2539329), DT, Utah 12. Tavon Austin (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tavon-austin?id=2539336), WR, West Virginia 13. Tyler Eifert (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/tyler-eifert?id=2540148), TE, Notre Dame 14. D.J. Hayden (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/d.j.-hayden?id=2539237), CB, Houston 15. D.J. Fluker (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/d.j.-fluker?id=2540166), OT, Alabama 16. Dee Milliner (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/dee-milliner?id=2540146), CB, Alabama17. Kenny Vaccaro (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/kenny-vaccaro?id=2539320), S, Texas 18. Eddie Lacy (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/eddie-lacy?id=2540168), RB, Alabama19. Jarvis Jones (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/jarvis-jones?id=2540137), OLB, Georgia 20. Xavier Rhodes (http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/xavier-rhodes?id=2540155), CB, Florida State .....Wow.. The two DJs are flying up Mayock's board

titwio
04-20-2013, 03:03 PM
It'll be interesting if both him and Werner are there at 19...I think the Giants would take tank

I think so too. He's seems more like Giants material. Giants like athletic, physical specimens at DE and he's bigger and more athletic than BW.

titwio
04-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Ed Valentine ‏@bigblueview (https://twitter.com/bigblueview)9m (https://twitter.com/bigblueview/status/325685559064399872)
#NYG (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NYG&src=hash) Not at Tank Carradine's workout. https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/325684045499482113 … (https://t.co/8RxjXITSer) Wonder what that means. Giants always good at hiding interest in players.

Carter.525
04-20-2013, 05:43 PM
NFL scouts reportedly say Alabama OG Chance Warmack has a problem with "excessive sweating," which can lead to weardown in the fourth quarter of games.Warmack at times required in-game IVs at Alabama, so he'll have to learn to hydrate better in the pros. It's interesting, but obviously not a huge concern for Warmack's draft stock. "He's one of those guys like Will Shields that will just sit in there and play until they retire him," one scout said. "Country boy from Georgia. He's kind of a road grader in the run game and a fire hydrant in the passing game. You're not going to move him off his spot."Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

titwio
04-20-2013, 05:53 PM
When Warmack sweats, up comes the shirt and out comes the belly. He's then good to go. No worries there....

Redeyejedi
04-20-2013, 06:15 PM
It'll be interesting if both him and Werner are there at 19...I think the Giants would take tankI think he is closer to the player they need.

Redeyejedi
04-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Mock Draft using Walterfootbballs mock as a baseline to who is on the board

1. Tank Carradine DE FSU

2. Arthur Brown LB KSU

3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee

4. Tharold Simon CB LSU

5. Dion Sims TE MSU

6. Walter Stewart Edge Rusher Cinci

7. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

7. Mark Harrision WR Rutgers

nycsportzfan
04-21-2013, 12:06 AM
Mock Draft using Walterfootbballs mock as a baseline to who is on the board

1. Tank Carradine DE FSU

2. Arthur Brown LB KSU

3. Dallas Thomas OG/OT Tennessee

4. Tharold Simon CB LSU

5. Dion Sims TE MSU

6. Walter Stewart Edge Rusher Cinci

7. Dennis Johnson RB Arkansas

7. Mark Harrision WR Rutgers Solid draft positon wise, and i also like Tank, and hes one of my top5 on my personal hopefuls, along with 2other seminoles Werner and Rhodes.. Alot of intrigue with Walter Stewart , and in theory, maybe he could pack on a few lb's and play himself into bigger role, and Dennis Johnson is a guy i think we've talked about both liking, as hes got a similar build as the MJD, Ray Rice types, can catch the ball outta the backfield, bounces ot tackles and keeps going, and can get really low and tough to tackle. Do u know if the rumour of Mark Harrison being the one that trashed that hotel room at combine is true? If so, i don't like em anymore, thats gross, but if not, hes certainly intriguing.. I like TJ Moe also with that pick as a sleeper WR...

nycsportzfan
04-21-2013, 12:09 AM
I seen Kiper and them talking about Eifert going in the top 15.. That would be great for us, because theres one more positon we probably won't be grabbing in the 1st, and the value isn't great and someone else drops a spot.. Add in a QB or 2 going we didn't think would , like Matt Barkley and possibly Tyler Wilson, and we could get a pick of the litter, with more players to choose from then when we got lucky with Prince dropping to us..

Redeyejedi
04-21-2013, 12:19 AM
Solid draft positon wise, and i also like Tank, and hes one of my top5 on my personal hopefuls, along with 2other seminoles Werner and Rhodes.. Alot of intrigue with Walter Stewart , and in theory, maybe he could pack on a few lb's and play himself into bigger role, and Dennis Johnson is a guy i think we've talked about both liking, as hes got a similar build as the MJD, Ray Rice types, can catch the ball outta the backfield, bounces ot tackles and keeps going, and can get really low and tough to tackle. Do u know if the rumour of Mark Harrison being the one that trashed that hotel room at combine is true? If so, i don't like em anymore, thats gross, but if not, hes certainly intriguing.. I like TJ Moe also with that pick as a sleeper WR...They said Harrision and Hopkins didnt do it

Carter.525
04-21-2013, 08:14 AM

DJ Fluker
Alex Okafor
Khaseem Greene
Jordan Poyer
Mike Catapano
Jawan Jamison

titwio
04-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Only 24 hours away brethren's!