PDA

View Full Version : Fast start by O is the key...

BigBluePoint
01-10-2012, 04:41 PM
We almost always waste our first two or three series on offense.

My son and I were going ballistic on Sunday.

We can't afford to start slow (I know Gilbride says he likes to probe opposition for weaknesses), but against this high-powered O, I think we have to go for the gusto right off the bat and never let up.

Play balls to the walls or die trying. This is not the time to be scared or conservative.

I also like getting the ball to start the second half. I think we squander too many opportunities in the first quarter.

If we win the coin toss, I'm all for deferring and putting our D out their first. What do you guys think?

burier
01-10-2012, 04:45 PM

We can't afford to start slow (I know Gilbride says he likes to probe opposition for weaknesses), but against this high-powered O, I think we have to go for the gusto right off the bat and never let up.

Play balls to the walls or die trying.* This is not the time to be scared or conservative.

I also like getting the ball to start the second half. I think we squander too many opportunities in the first quarter.

If we win the coin toss, I'm all for deferring and putting our D out their first. What do you guys think?

Gilbride needs to open up the offense earlier in the game. In the first quarter against ATL the field seemed very small. Very conjested. An easy cure is throw one down the sideline. It doesn't need to be complete but it will afford you some room to function.

G-Man67
01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Gilbride needs to open up the offense earlier in the game. In the first quarter against ATL the field seemed very small. Very conjested. An easy cure is throw one down the sideline. It doesn't need to be complete but it will afford you some room to function.

hmmm, i'd consider a trick play ... we don't run too many, which is good cause they are a long shot to work most of the time, but you know they are going to want to stuff us on our 1st series and they might cheat a little ... a lil' flea flicker or that play we ran with Tiki in Indy back in the day ... pitch play throw back ... yes, i went there!

Pierre-Paul
01-10-2012, 04:58 PM
How about a reasoned approach to a game. It has been working. Gilbride doesn't get credit from many people, but that last game was perfect.

BigBluePoint
01-10-2012, 05:03 PM
No, sorry, that last game was NOT perfect. We started way too slow. Tell me honestly and truly that you were not screaming at your TV during those first 3 offensive series. We can't afford this against Green Bay. That Travis Beckum play got us off and running last game and we never stopped on O. We need to hit the ground running again. Go for the gusto, man.

Spizi
01-10-2012, 05:29 PM

Play balls to the walls or die trying.* This is not the time to be scared or conservative.

ha fast start on O is obviously not the key. we scored on our second play last time. how'd that turn out?....

BigBluePoint
01-10-2012, 05:41 PM
It turned out fine even though we lost. We set the tone right from the start. We didn't lose that game because of our offense. The D let us down.

Spizi
01-10-2012, 05:49 PM
It turned out fine even though we lost. We set the tone right from the start. We didn't lose that game because of our offense. The D let us down.

I know I'm just messing with you. All we need to do is play like we did against the Falcons. Game over

Gianthunter
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
<FONT size=6>ALWAYS PEOPLE </FONT>It's not the way I wanted the WIN to happen. Yea but wahoos</P>

Pierre-Paul
01-10-2012, 05:53 PM
The outcome wasn't perfect... I referred to the Atlanta game. The plan was damn near perfect though. I think there are a few too many fans who think they know better than our OC. I had this guy next to me at the game, yelling at every play call. He actually wanted to see us throwing at the end of the game, up 24 - 2. We ran well, we passed well, such a nice mix. Why not give the guy credit? Now if we listened to you, you would see a three and out on the first series, because we would be going into a firestorn of emotion in questionable weather conditions. Should we throw a bomb on the first play and risk an interception/sack or very least incomplete pass? Why not a safe little pass, or a run to see how our line is handling their line? Might not be flashy, but it works.

NYG 5
01-10-2012, 05:55 PM
Last game was not a perfect offensive showing. It took a long time for the offense to get going, and luckily they never had to play with any real deficit.

The offense's mentality needs to be touchdown on every drive, because the packer's realistically can turn all of their possessions into points, especially with the refs.

gsp3
01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
No last game offensively was perfect for one reason-- WE WON.

GET OFF GILBRIDES @#@$