PDA

View Full Version : It's Tuck not Osi...

BigBluePoint
01-10-2012, 04:54 PM
It's great to have Osi back, but in my humble opinion, I think it's Tuck returning to some semblance of the player he always was that gives me great hope for Sunday.

He is the difference maker. We have all seen glimmers of his past self in recent games...some beautiful power and speed moves as well as relentless desire to make a play.

I know he's had a ton of injuries, but I just didn't see this from Tuck earlier in the season.

If our D hangs tough and we win the game, I feel Justin's play will be a huge reason.

We need him big time. If he has an outstanding game and our offense plays loose and up to their potential, we got a great shot!

GmenFan1980
01-10-2012, 04:59 PM
not disagreeing with you sir, for it is you're opinion, but is it ok if we simply say all of the members of our defensive line combined just compliment each other and makes them all great :D

gmen0820
01-10-2012, 05:04 PM
100% agreed.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 05:25 PM
I think it's ALL OF THEM. Osi coming back, and Tuck playing like he used to. All of them are making a difference, and that is why they might go all the way. When they play with the heart that they have, they rejuvenate the entire defense. I am sure Boley, Blackburn, JPP, Canty etc, etc get fired up. AND I am sure when the secondary see this guys playing their hearts out, it gets to them also. Go Giants Defense, BIG BLUE WRECKING CREW. They are gonna eat Rodgers and spit him out.

NYG4lifeNYK
01-10-2012, 05:33 PM
You guys will do ANYTHING to discredit Osi's worth......... this guy is one of the biggest difference makers in the NFL

Yes, I agree Tuck playing like he's capable of helps as well

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Not me, I think he is a terrific rusher. I'm glad he's back, and I hope Reese gives him what he wants, within reason. He's good for the team.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 05:47 PM
It's great to have Osi back, but in my humble opinion, I think it's Tuck returning to some semblance of the player he always was that gives me great hope for Sunday.

He is the difference maker. We have all seen glimmers of his past self in recent games...some beautiful power and speed moves as well as relentless desire to make a play.

I know he's had a ton of injuries, but I just didn't see this from Tuck earlier in the season.

If our D hangs tough and we win the game, I feel Justin's play will be a huge reason.

We need him big time. If he has an outstanding game and our offense plays loose and up to their potential, we got a great shot!

It's really the synergy created when they are all on the field. By "all" I'm including the the tackles who get zero credit. The inside push makes it possible for the ends to do what they do.

CRUZ12BLUE80
01-10-2012, 05:48 PM
I like osi as he is quick to the quarterback up the field off the edge, love his celebrations and energy after his strip or sacks. Tuck on the other end he's the captain but he is kinda sluggish at times and his lazy injured demeanor energy can leak onto the other players. He's best utilized in the dt position.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 05:51 PM
Not me, I think he is a terrific rusher. I'm glad he's back, and I hope Reese gives him what he wants, <font color="#0000FF">within reason.</font> He's good for the team.

The operative words are highlighted. So far, Osi has not been reasonable but that could change if his agent gets some brains.

BigBluePoint
01-10-2012, 05:52 PM
Tuck is the unknown or x factor. I do believe if he has a great game, we will too. It's that simple in my mind. We go as he goes.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Tuck is the unknown or x factor. I do believe if he has a great game, we will too. It's that simple in my mind. We go as he goes.

Hey, that sounds like Jones when he talked about Romo, and it came true. His team went down, when Romo got sacked and went down.

bklyn1028
01-10-2012, 06:01 PM
I like osi as he is quick to the quarterback up the field off the edge, love his celebrations and energy after his strip or sacks. Tuck on the other end* he's the captain but he is kinda sluggish at times and his lazy injured demeanor energy can leak onto the other players. He's best utilized in the dt position.

This is the Giants boards, you sure you're talking about Tuck, Justin Tuck the DE, not DT? The one whose lazy demeanor fires up the defense when he's on the field. That Justin Tuck??

bigal1giant
01-10-2012, 06:02 PM
Agreed on all points about our defensive ends! But, looking back at Sunday's game, the defensive tackles also came to play! Canty, Joseph and Bernard all contributed in clogging up the middle and letting our ends go nuts! Look at the two fourth and ones!!! I suspect we might see a three DE set during the Packers game like we did against the Pats in the Super Bowl. Plus, if I'm not mistaken, some of the Packers OL might be a little dinged! Anyway, GO GIANTS!!!

miked1958
01-10-2012, 06:36 PM
It's great to have Osi back,* but in my humble opinion, I think it's Tuck returning to some semblance of the player he always was that gives me great hope for Sunday.

I think it's more the combo of both that works best

buddy33
01-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Having both makes them even better, but without Tuck they are not the same team the last 3 games. Osi didn't even play against the Jets and that is where they started to turn things around.

When healthy Tuck is a dominant player and he is complete. He does everything well.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Having both makes them even better, but without Tuck they are not the same team the last 3 games. Osi didn't even play against the Jets and that is where they started to turn things around.

When healthy Tuck is a dominant player and he is complete. He does everything well.

+1