PDA

View Full Version : our special teams is due for a big PR/KR

GiantsFan27
01-10-2012, 06:30 PM
feels like it's been forever since we've had a return on special teams for a big gain, let alone a TD. but it's one thing that would be huge for this team come sunday. i think our defense will outplay green bays, and our offense will put up the points to keep it close at least. but a return for a TD could mean all the difference in the game. just got a feeling like we're due for one finally.

Osi_baby
01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
amen

sweetlou56
01-10-2012, 07:03 PM
agreed..how nice would that be to get some points from our special teams or even an INT return on D just somethin.. it feels like 09 when hixon was returning kicks is the last time we got one.. it seems more likely this blackmon dude is gonna have a big fumble before a big return tho. im always yelling at my tv, just go down, eli can handle it from there

BrianK
01-10-2012, 07:06 PM
LOL they aren't due they're waaaaay overdue. At least they haven't been giving up the long returns on a regular basis lately.....

buddy33
01-10-2012, 07:11 PM
I don't know about a return, but they have been getting very close to blocking a punt.

Tuck was so close last week I don't know how he didn't block the punt.

NYCDBS
01-10-2012, 07:16 PM
I want to see Scott back there returning punts the kid can flat out fly...

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 07:17 PM
agreed..how nice would that be to get some points from our special teams or even an INT return on D just somethin.. it feels like 09 when hixon was returning kicks is the last time we got one.. it seems more likely this blackmon dude is gonna have a big fumble before a big return tho. im always yelling at my tv, just go down, eli can handle it from there
me too.....I have no faith in them to run it back, the return team is awful. Seems like whether its Jernigan or Blackmon, they just have no where to go and usually end up in a nasty collision.

I'm always holding my breath on every punt that the return man doesn't fumble.

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 07:19 PM
I don't know about a return, but they have been getting very close to blocking a punt.

Tuck was so close last week I don't know how he didn't block the punt.
+1...seems like on every punt we hear everyone say "ooooooh!" because of how close we keep coming to blocking them. We could really use one of those in a big game such as this one. I heard that we use a special formation where we have 3 or 4 DE's on the line or something.

GiantsFan27
01-10-2012, 07:40 PM
im just sick of being content with the return man simply catching the ball. every time our guy catches it, i let out a sigh of relief. it's time for a big play for once.

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 08:05 PM
Is Hixon healthy and available?

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 08:06 PM
im just sick of being content with the return man simply catching the ball. every time our guy catches it, i let out a sigh of relief. it's time for a big play for once.

Still, better than muffing and giving them the ball, no?

GiantsFan27
01-10-2012, 08:17 PM

well yea obviously. but sooner or later it's like..."can we get a freakin good return for once?"

RoanokeFan
01-10-2012, 08:19 PM

well yea obviously. but sooner or later it's like..."can we get a freakin good return for once?"

Baby steps first. It's coming together slowly.

GMENAGAIN
01-10-2012, 08:30 PM
When was our last kick return for a TD??</P>

I'm guessing it had to be Hixon.</P>

The last one I can remember is I think that Hixon returned one in the last game of the 2007 regular season against the Pats. We had to have one after that though, right?</P>

gsp3
01-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I think Hixon had one in 09 vs the Cowboys and that was the last one. I honestly don't really care about punt/kick returns, anything between 20-30 is fine with me.

I say we give Jernigan some more time, I like the way he moves.

Mercury
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM
We are due for a pick six on D, too. Or a fumble, recovery, TD.

SIMMS5611
01-11-2012, 09:04 AM
Just tell JPP. He'll block that punt with his Stretch Armstrong arms...</P>

</P>

RonJon
01-11-2012, 09:42 AM
I like jernigan back there more than Scott. Seems like he moves and cuts quicker. Couple of times he's come close to breaking free and taking it. Maybe this is the week.

C1010
01-11-2012, 11:45 AM
I think Jernigan is getting more comfortable and is returning better. I really would like to see a return TD by him, its been way overdue.

Coach Carter
01-11-2012, 12:50 PM
Carl Banks said the Giants are close to breaking one and they are one missed block away many times, he said the same thing about blocking punts.

ryan12
01-11-2012, 12:59 PM
5 years overdue

qndarius3
01-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Is Hixon healthy and available?

This...Big loss to our team.

simms56
01-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Carl Banks said the Giants are close to breaking one and they are one missed block away many times, he said the same thing about blocking punts.

I agree with this. They seem close to springing for a real gain. Getting the ball consistently at around the 25 without a fumble is a huge improvement from the ST's the last few years though. I'll take that in this game and leave the rest up to Eli. Just no TO's.

TrueBlue@NYC
01-11-2012, 03:00 PM
Just getting a punt return of greater than 10 yards would be big field position wise, though honestly I'm just happy the guy cna catch it cleanly. </P>

Kick returns though, we are due for a nice return. We've been getting close with Jerrigan a couple of times. Just need one broken tackle or a big block. </P>