PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Combine Mock (1.1)

ELIte4MVP
02-17-2014, 08:16 PM
I've been limiting my mocks because I really have no idea what we are going to do in Free Agency (besides at least one free agent offensive lineman). Here is my second mock, just before the combine. I'll prob do my third after Free Agency.

12 Overall: CB- Justin GIlbert- Oklahoma State

I like both Gilbert and Dennard here. We are in need for a legitimate #2 cornerback. Also, depth is necessary if Prince decides to leave when he becomes a free agent in a few years. I give the edge to GIlbert because of his experience in playing various techniques. Plus, he has kick returning ability and I have heard from a few giants reporters that the Giants may be targeting a kick returner in terms of either FA or draft. I do believe we still need to give Hosley a shot, but having competition between Hosley/GIlbert for the #2 spot is not a bad thing. Gilbert is a gamechanger, has great athleticism, and has been loosely compared to Patrick Peterson (not as freaky athletic, but similar mold)

44 Overall: Austin Sefarian Jenkins TE- Washington

Honestly don't know much about this guy. I know a lot are enamored by him. I threw some tape on and was not that impressed by him to be honest. However, I averaged a few big boards together and he was a great BPA here at a position of need. He definitely has the prototypical size and I do feel we will go TE early in this draft. The Free Agent market is not heavy with starting Tight Ends. If he is here in the second round, it will be difficult for the giants to pass on him

76 Overall: Weston Richburg C- Colorado State: Just a solid player here in the 3rd. I feel he could plug in at center and start day 1. Definitely fits a position of need here in the 3rd round, and is an overall good run and pass blocker. Has good technique.

108 Overall: Gabe Jackson OG- Mississippi State: Another Solid O lineman here. He is a mauler type guard, with a big body. He has extreme strength. Needs to improve in pass protection, which is why he slips to the fourth round. May not be a day one starter like Richburg, but he can step in if needed.

140 overall: Terrance West -HB Towson: Small school back who has been receiving a lot of praise. He has all of the physical tools. Throw out the stats, as he played on a poor team against poor competition. If you throw on the tape, you can see he has vision, he can block, he can catch, and he has that break away speed. He has all the tools. I feel HB is a need for us, but I don't see them going super early considering they just spent a top pick two years ago on a HB

172 overall: Prince Shembo OLB: Notre Dame: I really think we need a solid strong side linebacker. There are not many strong side linebacker prospects after Barr/Mack. Watching tape on this kid, he put his hand down a good amount. He has experience rushing the quarterback, and he has a high motor. He is serviceable dropping into coverage. He is pretty quick for a LB, and is a hard hitter.

Honorable Mention: Tyler Starr LB- South Dakota: I wanna see this kid maybe the most out of anyone in the combine. Great SLB prospect, who I think could project into our system well. Currently a 7th round or UDFA prospect, he has been gaining some hype and may enter the 6th round consideration after the combine

Carter.525
02-17-2014, 09:47 PM
This is nice.. You might want to switch around Jackson and Richburg though.. I agree on Shembo, nice pick in the 6th

ELIte4MVP
02-17-2014, 09:50 PM
I just averaged a bunch of media big boards together. I do agree I doubt Jackson goes to the 4th. This was just based off of media rankings.

I love shembo. I read in some places he may have some off the field issues. But i think he would fit very nicely for us. He can put his hand down on 3rd down as well

Carter.525
02-17-2014, 09:54 PM
I just averaged a bunch of media big boards together. I do agree I doubt Jackson goes to the 4th. This was just based off of media rankings.

I love shembo. I read in some places he may have some off the field issues. But i think he would fit very nicely for us. He can put his hand down on 3rd down as well

this team needs a good young starting Sam LB.. Shembo could be a steal

ELIte4MVP
02-17-2014, 10:22 PM
this is him two years ago. the whole damn game is a highlight reel for him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYqgMkUbF2Q

for anyone who doesnt know him

NYGfanSTRICK
02-18-2014, 12:05 AM
Solid draft! Gilbert is a stud, ASJ is a beast TE who could put up some really nice numbers in the McAdoo system, Richburg is solid, Jackson is huge and would open up some nice holes in the running game, West was an absolute workhorse for his team. I mean his stats are unreal but if you ignore the stats because of his level of competition I still like his size, power, and athleticism. Shembo would be a nice OLB pick late as well

nycsportzfan
02-18-2014, 04:00 AM
Richburg, Gilbert, Seferian-Jenkins, and Gabe Jackson are 4 of my fave players in this draft at there respective positons. Shembo and West are both physical players at there respective positons who have a giants feel to em. I really would like this mock if it happened.

GOBLUE24
02-18-2014, 09:41 AM
I very good draft. It feels a lot of holes I think Giants have. Big fan of Jackson and I'm more of a Dennard fan. Apples to oranges. I love to see Hosley or James snatch up punt returning duties.

ELIte4MVP
02-18-2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I appreciate it. Hopefully I will have a new one out about a week after the combine