PDA

View Full Version : Sportzfan's pre-combine mock.

nycsportzfan
02-19-2014, 03:26 PM
Haven't done a mock in awhile, and the Combine is about to be here, so I figured i'd do a pre-combine mock, and then do one after, and one more after FA'cy.. Anyhow, here is my current mock... I'm also adding in a 5th rd COMP pick that were most likely to get for Martellus Bennett..

1). Kony Ealy DE Missouri- Well built, quick first step, poweful hands, and is surpisingly fast considering how big and strong he is.. A DE combo of JPP and Ealy is very intriuging, and then when you add in DaMontre Moore as kinda a 3rd pass rusher on pass downs, its even more intriguing..

2). DaVante Adams WR Fresno St.- This kid could really make are WR core. You add in the shifty Cruz and Jerny, and a solid depth WR in Randle, to the big and fast Adams, and you got urself a nice WR unit. Adams could be the perfect complement for our core of WR's..

3). Charles Sims RB West Virginia- I love this kids ability to catch the ball outta the backfield. He actually had 70catches at Houston a couple yrs ago, and reminds me alot of Matt Forte, who i'd love to have.. Sims has the size to run between the tackles also. Smallish hands are a bit worrisome, but i'd still be willing to gamble on this kid despite that..

4).EJ Gaines CB Missouri- All SEC 1st team, lead the tigers in picks, speedy DB, is good value in RD4.. Could easily start oppo Prince for yrs to come

5). Xavier Grimble TE Usc- Extremely under utilized at USC, this kid could be one of the biggest steals in this yrs draft. Well put together, with big frame that has room to put on some weight, and really soft hands. Grimble has starting potential..

5). Chris Watt G Notre Dame- Run game mauler who played really well this past season. Could challenge Snee for minutes this yr as he adjusts to NFL game, before starting down the line..

6). Tyler Starr OLB South Dakota- Kinda climbing up boards lately, I mentioned him awhile back as the 1st player the Gmen showed intrest in at Shrine game. Starr has a non stop motor, is well built, physical, downhill player. He's adept at getting to the QB and stripping the ball, forcing 13fumbles during his time at S.Dakota. Could be the SLB of the future or good depth. I think he could be a good ST player also..

ELIte4MVP
02-19-2014, 03:32 PM
im not sold on ealy yet, but i am keeping my eye on him. the rest would be great, assuming we fix the o line in FA. I would still like to take a guard or center in the top 3 rounds, but I like this in terms of a pre-combine mock

Plaxicofan7
02-19-2014, 06:00 PM
I like it a lot.

Ealy is among my favorite players in the draft.
Adams is in my top 5 WRs.
Sims is solid (would rather Sankey personally)
Gaines is great in the 4th
Grimble is good in the 5th
Watt is good depth.
not sure about Starr.

Carter.525
02-19-2014, 06:29 PM
I'd be more than happy with this, If o-line is taken care of in FA.. Good mock

nycsportzfan
02-19-2014, 10:22 PM
I like it a lot.

Ealy is among my favorite players in the draft.
Adams is in my top 5 WRs.
Sims is solid (would rather Sankey personally)
Gaines is great in the 4th
Grimble is good in the 5th
Watt is good depth.
not sure about Starr.
In the 7th rd, you can take gambles. Starr had like 23 sacks and 13 FF's in his South Dakota career. Hes also built like a beast at 6ft 3in 249lbs. His motor runs high, and hes extremely physical. I could see him being a 1st , 2nd down LB, maybe even versatile MLB/SLB type, and attack the line..

nycsportzfan
02-19-2014, 10:24 PM
I'd be more than happy with this, If o-line is taken care of in FA.. Good mock

Thanks. I like it alot as well.

gmen0820
02-19-2014, 11:24 PM
Love Sims.

nycsportzfan
02-20-2014, 02:52 AM
Love Sims.

Me 2. What is more impressive is the fact W.Va didn't have much of a offense and Sims was the focal point of defenses and it didn't matter. Sims heavily reminds me of Matt Forte..

nycsportzfan
02-20-2014, 02:58 AM
Tell me Davante Adams dosen't remind you of Andre Johnson.

Davante Adams Highlights - YouTube
► 3:23► 3:23
www.youtube.com/watch?v...‎
YouTube
Dec 2, 2013 - Uploaded by Nasir SoReal
Davante Adams Fresno State Highlights. SUBSCRIBE,SUBSCRIBE,SUBSCRIBE.

NYGfanSTRICK
02-20-2014, 03:17 AM
Tell me Davante Adams dosen't remind you of Andre Johnson.

Davante Adams Highlights - YouTube
► 3:23► 3:23
www.youtube.com/watch?v...‎
YouTube
Dec 2, 2013 - Uploaded by Nasir SoReal
Davante Adams Fresno State Highlights. SUBSCRIBE,SUBSCRIBE,SUBSCRIBE.

Andre Johnson is a new comparison. I have seen Demaryius Thomas quite a bit. I like him a lot. As for the rest of the draft... Good stuff. The only pick I am not totally sure about is Ealy but I need to watch more of him before I say I like or don't like the pick. Love the Sims and Adams picks

BigBlueBeatsU
02-20-2014, 07:43 AM
nice draft but adams is projected for first round in nfl.com mock drafts, but some players always drop , i like him, im not loving the mock but i wouldnt be angry with it , my favorite picks are gaines and watt

nycsportzfan
02-20-2014, 02:58 PM
Andre Johnson is a new comparison. I have seen Demaryius Thomas quite a bit. I like him a lot. As for the rest of the draft... Good stuff. The only pick I am not totally sure about is Ealy but I need to watch more of him before I say I like or don't like the pick. Love the Sims and Adams picks Demerious and A. Johnson are kinda similar anyways.. As for Ealy, to be that size and move like that is unreal. Hes got the most potential possibly of any player in this draft. I really think Jerry Reese willl salivate over Ealy..

Carter.525
02-20-2014, 03:28 PM
a rotation of JPP, Ealy, Moore and maybe Tuck sounds nice..

gmen43
02-20-2014, 08:50 PM
Hell no.. where is the OL?

nycsportzfan
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Hell no.. where is the OL?

We signed Jon Asamoah G and Rich Ornberger during FA'cy and grabbed a few UDF's to the mix.. We also resign Kevin Boothe..

nycsportzfan
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
a rotation of JPP, Ealy, Moore and maybe Tuck sounds nice..

Sounds really nice. Also, DaVante Adams, Victor Cruz, Rueben Randle, and Jerrell Jernnigan has alot of possibilites as well..