PDA

View Full Version : Tebow 3:16 -- bELIeve!!

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 08:21 PM
Wow, this is pretty amazing and if we face Tebow in the SB, we'd really better make the Pope (or other religious) figure an honorary captain.

In the Bronco's win over the Steelers, Tebow threw for 316 yards at 31.6 yards per clip; Steelers time of possession was 31:06 minutes; T.V. ratings for the OT was 31.6.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/09/tebows-biblical-game-316-yards-invokes-key-verse/?test=faces

and

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-09/tim-tebow-s-latest-victory-charge-draws-24-year-wild-card-ratings-high.html

In his college days, Tebow used to reference the biblical passage "John 3:16" in the black under his eyes (forgot what that stuff is called).
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/steve-austin-comments-on-tim-tebow-using-316/

I'd better start going to church more than twice a year. And if the Broncos win the SB by a score of 31-6, I'd better go once a day.

yoeddy
01-10-2012, 09:14 PM
His Yards/Attempt was 15yards, not 31.6 yards...

Bigbluefan1974
01-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Tebow sucks. Last week was a fluke. The Pats will steam roll them this week.

FBomb
01-10-2012, 09:19 PM
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRR4r1PsqT6YX3T2xCr2jR2qbwjRVHCf WZK70dq30DxVRkEw3ep

smashndash715
01-10-2012, 09:21 PM

im not rude..so ill just say..10 passes for 316= 31.6 not 15 man

smashndash715
01-10-2012, 09:22 PM
and big ben threw his interception on 3rd and 16....weeeeeeird

Jiffy Jeff
01-10-2012, 09:24 PM

Nor am I......so I won't call the original poster a dumb ****.

KidA
01-10-2012, 09:29 PM
"Wooooooooooooooo! Jesus must have done it! God exists, and he's a Broncos fan!"

...give me a break.

NY_Eli
01-10-2012, 09:29 PM
we'd really better make the Pope (or other religious) figure an honorary captain.

lmao imagining the pope walking out for the coin toss with the other captains

smashndash715
01-10-2012, 09:33 PM
"Wooooooooooooooo!* Jesus must have done it!* God exists, and he's a Broncos fan!"

...give me a break.

i dont think god plays a role in football but i do think shyt is gonna get bad this yr

mfraykor
01-10-2012, 09:39 PM
"Wooooooooooooooo!* Jesus must have done it!* God exists, and he's a Broncos fan!"

...give me a break.

EXACTLY>>>> friggin religion needs to be left out of sports..... so stupid when a fan/athlete things "GOD" played a role in their win/catch/run/ etc....

stupid.... just play the game...

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM

...give me a break.

i dont think god plays a role in football but i do think shyt is gonna get bad this yr
Worried about the Mayan predictions? I believe the Mayans predicted a Giants SB victory...and then the lights go out.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 09:44 PM

...give me a break.

EXACTLY>>>> friggin religion needs to be left out of sports..... so stupid when a fan/athlete things "GOD" played a role in their win/catch/run/ etc....

Nothing against religion, I'm just not very religious myself. However, the 316's are pretty interesting.

FBomb
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
"Wooooooooooooooo! Jesus must have done it! God exists, and he's a Broncos fan!"

...give me a break.
i dont think god plays a role in football but i do think shyt is gonna get bad this yr Worried about the Mayan predictions? I believe the Mayans predicted a Giants SB victory...and then the lights go out.</P>

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRV8yutyE4sFRp4Pf4dH-7WSHHwyZQuMADue2O17XOiDcRpdO3p</P>

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 09:45 PM
we'd really better make the Pope (or other religious) figure an honorary captain.

lmao imagining the pope walking out for the coin toss with the other captains
He'd have to walk out with the big hat and staff, too. Part of the deal. [Not making fun of the Pope. Just having fun]

GCGiant
01-10-2012, 09:46 PM
Tebowphobes suffer from Tebowphobia

smashndash715
01-10-2012, 09:51 PM

...give me a break.

Worried about the Mayan predictions? I believe the Mayans predicted a Giants SB victory...and then the lights go out.

actually i dont care anything about the mayans..more about a war with iran and other thing that are going on in the world

GreenZone
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM
so stupid when a fan/athlete things "GOD" played a role in their win/catch/run/ etc....

You obviously don't know your Giants history. If you read David Tyree's book, let's just say you will have a different take on the matter. And you'd understand better how many Giant players think and what motivates them, even Eli.

Belief and faith are paramount to an athlete performing well in any event. You can choose to stick your head in the sand; if not, you need to hear about the story surrounding Tyree's catch. Then you might have to re-think a lot of things that don't fit your little box.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm not a fan of Tebow's, but I'm really turned off by all the criticism directed at him by the pundits which I just don't understand.

Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't followed Tebow's career, but he just strikes me as someone who wears his beliefs on his sleeves, but isn't preaching or criticizing others. I don't remember seeing this much criticism directed at Pacman or any other thugs in NFL history.

Idkaname
01-10-2012, 09:57 PM
Tebow sucks.* Last week was a fluke.* The Pats will steam roll them this week.

+316 ;)

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 09:59 PM

...give me a break.

actually i dont care anything about the mayans..more about a war with iran and other thing that are going on in the world
Don't worry about that stuff. Just worry about the Pack, Saints, and 49ers. It's more fun. Don't worry about the stuff that you can't control.

Then again, it wouldn't hurt to stock up on canned peaches, H20, and powdered milk. Along with some good books on the Giants.

Plus, we'll just nuke Iran. We got plenty of them leftover nukes, and I don't bELIeve in wasting leftovers.

smashndash715
01-10-2012, 10:01 PM

...give me a break.

Don't worry about that stuff. Just worry about the Pack, Saints, and 49ers. It's more fun. Don't worry about the stuff that you can't control.

Then again, it wouldn't hurt to stock up on canned peaches, H20, and powdered milk. Along with some good books on the Giants.

Plus, we'll just nuke Iran. We got plenty of them leftover nukes, and I don't bELIeve in wasting leftovers.

lol i like your sarcasm mixed in with real fact,,truth is i am more concerned with the giants game which is probaly bad..but i was just throwing the other stuff out there

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 10:02 PM
so stupid when a fan/athlete things "GOD" played a role in their win/catch/run/ etc....

You obviously don't know your Giants history. If you read David Tyree's book, let's just say you will have a different take on the matter. And you'd understand better how many Giant players think and what motivates them, even Eli.

Belief and faith are paramount to an athlete performing well in any event. You can choose to stick your head in the sand; if not, you need to hear about the story surrounding Tyree's catch. Then you might have to re-think a lot of things that don't fit your little box.

I'm 100% with you....you can see it in the post game speech Coughlin gives to the team when they pray, they actually cut that part out now because people complained about it.

I can see why people think Tebow is going overboard though, he wears his religion on his sleeve and made that Tebowing thing a gimmick.

Eli, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees are all devout Christians but you never hear about it, which is how I would personally do things.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Nonbelievers, or non-3:16ers, will be dealt with on 12/21/12 -- Mayan Judgement Day!

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 10:07 PM

...give me a break.

lol can you imagine us getting jipped like that?

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:08 PM

I'm 100% with you....you can see it in the post game speech Coughlin gives to the team, they actually cut that out now because people complained about it.

I can see why people think Tebow is going overboard though, he wears his religion on his sleeve and made that Tebowing thing a gimmick.

Eli, Peyton, Rodgers, and Brees are all devout Christians but you never hear about it, which is how I would personally do things.

Why does it bother people that he wears it on his sleeve? I'm not even religious. Is he preaching to other people saying that they should be like him or they're going to burn? I haven't heard or seen him doing it. As far as I can tell, he's just very comfortable in his own skin, but not judging others.

I think it's the commentators that make this such a big deal.

But the #'s from the Bronco's game are very interesting.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM

...give me a break.

Ha! We'll get a 24 hour grace period to blog about the Giants SB victory and THEN the lights go out.

egyptian420
01-10-2012, 10:13 PM

...give me a break.

Ha! We'll get a 24 hour grace period to blog about the Giants SB victory and THEN the lights go out.
thats more than enough time for me to rub it in eagle and cowboy fans' faces

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 10:21 PM

...give me a break.

thats more than enough time for me to rub it in eagle and cowboy fans' faces

Absolutely! But if the Giants don't make it, then a TEBOW vs SAINTS super bowl would be ideal. Think about the promo / tag line: "SB XLVI -- THIS TIME IT'S HOLY WAR!"

fightngiant
01-10-2012, 10:25 PM
He has about a snowballs chance in hell to beat new england.

jjj45
01-10-2012, 10:32 PM
He has about a snowballs chance in hell to beat new england.
So did we four years ago...

gmen46
01-10-2012, 11:10 PM
Wow, this is pretty amazing and if we face Tebow in the SB, we'd really better make the Pope (or other religious) figure an honorary captain.

In the Bronco's win over the Steelers, Tebow threw for 316 yards at 31.6 yards per clip; Steelers time of possession was 31:06 minutes; T.V. ratings for the OT was 31.6.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/09/tebows-biblical-game-316-yards-invokes-key-verse/?test=faces

and

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-01-09/tim-tebow-s-latest-victory-charge-draws-24-year-wild-card-ratings-high.html

In his college days, Tebow used to reference the biblical passage "John 3:16" in the black under his eyes (forgot what that stuff is called).
http://www.sescoops.com/wrestling-news/wwe/steve-austin-comments-on-tim-tebow-using-316/

I'd better start going to church more than twice a year. And if the Broncos win the SB by a score of 31-6, I'd better go once a day.

Wow. A total of THREE stats that are coincidental to a scripture reference that Tebow has been known to use on occasion.

And one of those three is a stretch because the Steeler TOP is not the exact number of 3:16.

Meanwhile, there are 182 other stats resulting from the game, all different combinations of digits and ratios. What are the biblical implications of those other stats?

I know you are just funnin', but for god's sake, give it a rest?

yoeddy
01-11-2012, 01:27 AM

He had 21 attempts...his yards per attempt was 15. Why are you dividing by 10?

smashndash715
01-11-2012, 01:31 AM

you are right i apologize..i just wasnt going by attempts i was going by completions which was 10 but i get what your saying

yoeddy
01-11-2012, 01:32 AM

you are right i apologize..i just wasnt going by attempts i was going by completions which was 10 but i get what your saying

Yards per completion is rarely ever looked at....

smashndash715
01-11-2012, 01:37 AM

Yards per completion is rarely ever looked at....

i know im just going based off what the OP was talking about..in my opinion these numbers have no significance and i dont think god would be worried about football