PDA

View Full Version : How To Beat Green Bay

NjGiant42
01-10-2012, 10:29 PM
In order to beat Packers we must eat the time clock up not allowing AR to just get on and score when he want lets run the ball and pick up those first downs, if we can limit the Flags that would be a big plus. Also no drop passes Offensive Line Has to be at their BEST. Main factor is Keep AR on the pine! Lets Go Giants

B&RWarrior
01-10-2012, 10:54 PM
In order to beat Packers we must eat the time clock up not allowing AR to just get on and score when he want lets run the ball and pick up those first downs, if we can limit the Flags that would be a big plus. Also no drop passes Offensive Line Has to be at their BEST. Main factor is Keep AR on the pine! Lets Go Giants

That sounds good, but that's not our MO. We don't do long lasting drives. We typically score on big plays. This year we're a quick-strike offense.

That being said they biggest factor in us winning this game is domination by the defensive line. We must get AR out of his comfort zone.

We have successfully rushed the QB all year long and we must win that battle again on Sunday. I've heard people talk about the secondary and the offense. If we get no pressure we could have Ronnie Lot and Primetime back there and AR would toast'em. The offense will put up points, but if this turns into a shoot out were going to lose that battle.

trenken311
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
It's easily known what's needed. We cant come out flat offensively. Have to pressure him just like we did Brady in the SB, and all great QBs to get them off their game, and have to cover receivers well.

Play sound football, no critical penalties in the 4th, make key plays when needed, run the damn ball effectively in the 2nd half.

If all that happens in our favor we have a chance. If not, we could lose. That's how it goes. It has to be a total team effort. Eli isnt beating the Pack on his own if the running game isnt working well or the D isnt doing their part.

scf424
01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
Score TDs instead of FGs.

Win TOP battle. It won't guarantee anything, but keeping Rodgers off the field, as said, won't hurt. I don't think he's going to burn us like he has most teams.

And hit the *******. Knock him down, throw him around. Nothing flag worthy, but rough him up.

fightngiant
01-10-2012, 11:05 PM
We gotta watch that kansas city game! They had a great plan to keep rodgers off the field and when he was on knock him down!

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 03:12 AM
People say the Kansas City game was a fluke, that the Chiefs didn't expose the Packers and didn't somehow magically find the right formula to beat Green Bay.

But they did.

The OP is right. The way to beat Green Bay is to keep our offense off the field. But there's one small problem. Green Bay's defense is terrible. Our defense is prone to giving up the big play and the quick score. That puts AR right back on the field. The grind it out theory doesn't work all by itself simply because our defense doesn't limit opponents' production to a grind it out level. Unless, of course, the Giants backs are going to simply run for 4 yards and take a knee to keep the clock running.

To beat Green Bay you need a run game, surely, but you also need one of two other things to happen. Either Aaron Rodgers needs to beat himself, or the Giants have to stop Aaron Rodgers.

GiantsX5M
01-11-2012, 04:06 AM
Best way to beat them is to..score more points lol.

harrycarson
01-11-2012, 04:20 AM
We just need to play the way we have been the past 3 weeks and we will win this game. Rodgers has not played in 3 weeks come game time. He will be Rusty and will make some mistakes, I am sure the Pack will come out a little out of sinc as they have not played in 2 weeks come game time. We have been playing playoff football for 3 weeks now and I think we have the edge...I do not think this prediction is bold at all...Giants=34 Pack-24..... A TD in garbage time for the pack give them 24, I think we sit on 34 the whole 4th quarter playing conservatively with a very comfortable lead...

Coach Carter
01-11-2012, 06:03 AM

You mean run the ball all day and not just for balance?

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 06:10 AM
You mean run the ball all day and not just for balance?

Time of possession is the biggest key to the Giants beating the Packers. The Giants should be willing to sacrifice points on the board to maintain possession of the ball and keep the clock running. Quick scores will not beat the Pack. Quick scores puts Aaron Rodgers right back on the field, and that's exactly what New York doesn't want to see. If you guys can manage to keep the game close and scores low by running the ball 50 times on Sunday then we are in big trouble in Titletown.

BklynBlue
01-11-2012, 08:02 AM
Rodgers numbers are just plain sick at home. Not sure if there is a set formula to beat them, but controlling the clock would be a place to start!

brad
01-11-2012, 08:03 AM
You can't stop the GB offense, but you can slow it down. Normally I would agree with extending the drives and taking time off the clock, but keep in mind, GB is #1 in take-aways. They let an offense move down the field with a bend-don't-break style, keeping the ball in front of them, waiting for them to make a mistake. The Giants need to be focused and take shots when they are there, but be willing to give up on a play when it is not. On D, they need to take away the middle of the field and keep constant pressure on the backfield. It won't be easy... but as we have seen in the past, not impossible either.

Spytheweb
01-11-2012, 08:41 AM
I say knock him out, it's a rough game and Rogers is well paid.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM
control the LOS, both on O & D...on O it allows us to play ball control, on D it attempts to neutralize Rodgers, as much as possible anyway.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 08:50 AM

It couldn't be that easy. His backup, Matt Flynn, just threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's a couple weeks ago in a game that only mattered to the Lions. If Rodgers is knocked out of the game I'm very confident his backup will pick up where Rodgers left off, and we'd move along on offense without missing a beat.

bandwgn86
01-11-2012, 08:59 AM

It couldn't be that easy. His backup, Matt Flynn, just threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's a couple weeks ago in a game that only mattered to the Lions. If Rodgers is knocked out of the game I'm very confident his backup will pick up where Rodgers left off, and we'd move along on offense without missing a beat.Who's their third string cuz I'd be in favour of knocking Flynn out too lol

DJloves
01-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Don't let them score the last two minutes of either half.

Captain Chaos
01-11-2012, 09:36 AM

I think the D line needs to be able to consistently put Rodgers on his back with a 4 man rush. Sorry but the Packer's O is prolific and they don't need a whole lot of time on the clock.

GameTime
01-11-2012, 09:38 AM
to sum it up overall the Giants will have to play a complete "A" game across the board in all three phases from here on out. </P>

</P>

</P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-11-2012, 10:55 AM

I think the D line needs to be able to consistently put Rodgers on his back with a 4 man rush. Sorry but the Packer's O is prolific and they don't need a whole lot of time on the clock.

Rogers is as dangerous out of the pocket as he is in the pocket....4 man rush is key, but if they get there they NEED to bring him down. Yards after catch, hit their receivers immediately and hard...I'm willing to take a few flags to get those relievers to think about who's coming rather than looking in the ball....is James Harrison available??

Physical, Physical, Physical...GB is a finesse team and if history is any indicator finesse team tend to get their ***** kicked come go time.

TroyArcher
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
<LI>no turnovers</LI>
<LI>pressure, hit and sackRodgers </LI>
<LI>good running game</LI>
<LI>protect Eli</LI>
<LI>no dropped passes</LI>

</P>

stormblue
01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
play a 3 - 3 and 5 db's so we can keep it all in front of us.
make him have to dink and dunk his way down the field.
that way it eats more clock but more importantly
when you have to run 12 to 15 plays to get down the field you run the risk of making mistakes.
so keep everything in front and make them drive the field.
pass rush with blitzes from the faster DB's
Rogers isn't big....DB's are strong enough to bring him down but moreover they are fast enough to catch him.
otherwise he will where out our front 4 before the half.
3 - 3 - 5 .......that's my game plan if i were DC.

i know ; i'm NOT the DC .....jus' sayin'

burier
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Ball control offense is almost 30 years out of style. Running the ball efficiently is great and holding the ball is great but only if you're scoring.

We know that we will be able to move the ball. We have to put TDs on the board when we enter their part of the field. TDs over field goals will be key.

We will have a few shots at big plays so we'll need to take advantage of those.

And the main thing is we need to keep the Packers offense under control. meaning less than 3 tds.

We do that and we walk off to the NFC championship game

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 11:36 AM

It couldn't be that easy. His backup, Matt Flynn, just threw for 480 yards and 6 TD's a couple weeks ago in a game that only mattered to the Lions. If Rodgers is knocked out of the game I'm very confident his backup will pick up where Rodgers left off, and we'd move along on offense without missing a beat.Who's their third string cuz I'd be in favour of knocking Flynn out too lol

Graham Harrell, but he usually isn't activated on game day. As far as I know, cornerback Tramon Williams is still the emergency QB.

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 11:40 AM
1. Help McKennzie so Matthews doesn't disrupt the offense

2. Have to disrupt Rodgers

3. Have to win the turnover battle (can't lose it)

4. Special teams, don't give Green Bay a short field

swimeasy
01-11-2012, 11:42 AM
<h1><font size="4">Bruschi: Yardage doesn’t matter (http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/01/10/brusci-yardage-doesnt-matter/)</font></h1>2:51 PM, Jan. 10, 2012<a><span class="fontsize controller smallfont" id="ody-smallfont"></span></a><a><span class="fontsize controller mediumfont on" id="ody-mediumfont"></span></a>
<div class="ody-bo-sm"><div class="ody-byline">Kareem Copeland (kmarcel.copeland@yahoo.com)<h5>
</h5>Former linebacker Tedy Bruschi won three Super
Bowls with the New England Patriots in the 2000’s and is now an analyst
with ESPN.</div></div><div id="article-bodytext"><div id="the_absolute">

Bruschi said he’s not concerned with the Packers defense that
finished the regular season ranked last in yardage allowed (411.6 per
game).</p>

The Packers host the Giants on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. in the divisional round of the playoffs.</p>

“This year has been a year where yardage doesn’t matter. That’s the
truth. Both No. 1 seeds are last in defense,” Bruschi said. “What stands
out about this defense? The stats that mean the most to me are taking
the ball away and scoring defense. And all stats go back to zero when
you’re in the playoffs.</p>

“When I look at this defense, they have playmakers that take the ball
away. The corners are outstanding. I really like (Morgan) Burnett, the
safety. And the linebackers, everyone knows about them.”</p>

“They’ve got playmakers all over the place that when you’re driving
that ball up and down the field on them, at any point Packers fans can
anticipate Tramon Williams intercepting one and taking it to the house.”</p>
</div>
</div>http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/01/10/brusci-yardage-doesnt-matter/

Redeyejedi
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM
The Giants offense seems to always take forever to get going if that happens they will lose the game. Giants O will need to put up 30 points minimum in this game

BigBlue1971
01-11-2012, 11:49 AM
we can beat the Pack with our defense. if they can hit Rodgers hard a coupla times early he mayget rattled!we need that to happen.</P>

i do think the defense will hold GB to 23 pointsor less! if so we probably win the game!</P>

the d makes the largest impact with all three facets playing well!</P>

</P>

Giantz4Life
01-11-2012, 11:50 AM

Not really worried too much about Matthews. I know he made some big plays against us last time we faced them, but we were a different team then. Our O-Line and protection was still having issues. We essentially shut down the best edge rusher in the game in DeMarcus Ware two consecutive games this year. Matthews is a good edge rusher, but he is no D. Ware.

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM

Not really worried too much about Matthews. I know he made some big plays against us last time we faced them, but we were a different team then. Our O-Line and protection was still having issues. We essentially shut down the best edge rusher in the game in DeMarcus Ware two consecutive games this year. Matthews is a good edge rusher, but he is no D. Ware.

Stop already with this "we're a different team". Diehl and Jacobs go against Ware twice per year Matthews comes from the other side. My gosh, I like the optimism but you guys are hilarious. Matthews has turned around more games the Ware over the past few years.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 11:56 AM
"And the linebackers, everyone knows about them."

I hate Bruschi. Quick, without looking it up on espn.com, who is the Packers starting RIGHT outside linebacker?

Hint: It's not Clay Matthews.

Answer: Eric Walden. I think. Or maybe it's Frank Zombo again. Or not. Maybe Brad Jones will be starting there on Sunday. But I suppose everybody knows who all of these guys are, right?

The only 2 linebackers on the Packers roster anyone outside of Wisconsin knows about are Matthews and Hawk. Of the two of them, only Matthews is a playmaker. Bruschi makes it sound like these guys are the most famous LB corps in history. More famous than the Steelers of the 70s or the Giants of the 80s. It's ridiculous.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
"And the linebackers, everyone knows about them."

I hate Bruschi. Quick, without looking it up on espn.com, who is the Packers starting RIGHT outside linebacker?

Hint: It's not Clay Matthews.

Answer: Eric Walden. I think. Or maybe it's Frank Zombo again. Or not. Maybe Brad Jones will be starting there on Sunday. But I suppose everybody knows who all of these guys are, right?

The only 2 linebackers on the Packers roster anyone outside of Wisconsin knows about are Matthews and Hawk. Of the two of them, only Matthews is a playmaker. Bruschi makes it sound like these guys are the most famous LB corps in history. More famous than the Steelers of the 70s or the Giants of the 80s. It's ridiculous.

He probably said something so general about their LBs because he doesn't know the first thing about them outside of Matthews. That's a vintage talking head way to get around having to give actual analysis.

stormblue
01-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Bruschi: Yardage doesn’t matter

2:51 PM, Jan. 10, 2012
Kareem Copeland
Former linebacker Tedy Bruschi won three Super Bowls with the New England Patriots in the 2000’s and is now an analyst with ESPN.
Bruschi said he’s not concerned with the Packers defense that finished the regular season ranked last in yardage allowed (411.6 per game).

The Packers host the Giants on Sunday at 3:30 p.m. in the divisional round of the playoffs.

“This year has been a year where yardage doesn’t matter. That’s the truth. Both No. 1 seeds are last in defense,” Bruschi said. “What stands out about this defense? The stats that mean the most to me are taking the ball away and scoring defense. And all stats go back to zero when you’re in the playoffs.

“When I look at this defense, they have playmakers that take the ball away. The corners are outstanding. I really like (Morgan) Burnett, the safety. And the linebackers, everyone knows about them.”

“They’ve got playmakers all over the place that when you’re driving that ball up and down the field on them, at any point Packers fans can anticipate Tramon Williams intercepting one and taking it to the house.”

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/01/10/brusci-yardage-doesnt-matter/

entertaining and interesting and all......
but what has it got to do with this thread ?

"How To Beat Green Bay"

Giantz4Life
01-11-2012, 12:13 PM

Stop already with this "we're a different team". Diehl and Jacobs go against Ware twice per year Matthews comes from the other side. My gosh, I like the optimism but you guys are hilarious. Matthews has turned around more games the Ware over the past few years.

Whatever man....Ware is the best OLB in football. And Rob Ryan was moving Ware all around the field against us not just off the weak side. And that's fine if you don't see an improvement in O-Line protection. I do. We shuffled the O-Line the entire year it's only a matter of time before there is some type of gelling.

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 12:21 PM

Whatever man....Ware is the best OLB in football. And Rob Ryan was moving Ware all around the field against us not just off the weak side. And that's fine if you don't see an improvement in O-Line protection. I do. We shuffled the O-Line the entire year it's only a matter of time before there is some type of gelling.

Yeah, I know. It's a completely different team, no worries, etc, etc, etc. Lowley Jets, gutless Cowboys and overrated Falcons. Now no worries. I'm optimistic but to say you aren't worried about Matthews b/c of Ware is hilaroius IMO. The Packers are 15-1 and are the defending champs.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 12:27 PM
Matthews and Ware are very different players though. Ware is more of a rusher, Matthews will rush the QB, but also drop back in to coverage more often. I also think Matthews is much more athletic than Ware.

Also helps that we see Ware 2x a year so can game plan for him a little easier.

Giantz4Life
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM

Yeah, I know. It's a completely different team, no worries, etc, etc, etc. Lowley Jets, gutless Cowboys and overrated Falcons. Now no worries. I'm optimistic but to say you aren't worried about Matthews b/c of Ware is hilaroius IMO. The Packers are 15-1 and are the defending champs.

I said I'm not overly worried about him. I gave the respect to Matthews as an edge rusher, but like I said if we can contain the best OLB in football then I'm not TOO worried. Just because we play Ware twice a year doesn't mean jack - he's the best pass rusher since our own LT...you can only game-plan so much for him. We have bigger fish to fry....Aaron Rodgers. We stop Aaron Rodgers and we win. Period.

bledden
01-11-2012, 12:41 PM
This is how you beat the packers (I'll plagiarize from the chiefs):

1. Injure both right tackles - worked wonders for the chiefs
2. Move the chains to keep the defense well rested - this is a must. The more time they are on the field, the easier AR can score fast.
3. Throw screens - packers looked stupid defending them.
4. Press coverage to throw off the timing on pass routes.
5. Ballard needs to not drop the ball.