PDA

View Full Version : I'm watching Giants/Pack right now

Roosevelt
01-10-2012, 10:43 PM
On the NFL network. I think we match up pretty well against them.

I wont be surprised if surprise everybody on Sunday.

We have the talent.

giantfan1976
01-10-2012, 10:55 PM
I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called. Let's hope the pendulum swings our way after the way the ATL and the GB games were called. Also, I knew about DL injuries, but forgot Mario was out too. The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage (but we play better on the road) and a couple of injured LBs will be back. Everything else lines up for us.

Drez
01-10-2012, 10:56 PM
We are definitely capable of beating the Pack on Sunday. I think most people realize that as well. I guess people will be surprised if we do, but they won't be shocked.</P>

I say we match up significantly better against the Packers than we do the Saints. Truth be told, the Saints are the only team in the post season, NFC or AFC, that I don't like our odds against.</P>

I definitely like the fact that our defense is playing light years better than it was back when we played the Pack. Should be a good game.</P>

Roosevelt
01-10-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called. Let's hope the pendulum swings our way after the way the ATL and the GB games were called. Also, I knew about DL injuries, but forgot Mario was out too. The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage (but we play better on the road) and a couple of injured LBs will be back. Everything else lines up for us.

Man, you said it. These refs have it in for us. They suck.

B&RWarrior
01-10-2012, 10:59 PM
tell us how the Dline loooked versus the run & pass

Roosevelt
01-10-2012, 11:01 PM
We are definitely capable of beating the Pack on Sunday. I think most people realize that as well. I guess people will be surprised if we do, but they won't be shocked.</p>

I say we match up significantly better against the Packers than we do the Saints. Truth be told, the Saints are the only team in the post season, NFC or AFC, that I don't like our odds against.</p>

I definitely like the fact that our defense is playing light years better than it was back when we played the Pack. Should be a good game.</p>

I think we will give the Pack all they can handle. If we knock them off, anything is possible.

Drez
01-10-2012, 11:09 PM

Man, you said it. These refs have it in for us. They suck.
</P>

Yeah, that was one of the worst officiated games I can recall. I do believe, however, that the ref would have called PI on that one TD pass had it not been caught for a TD.</P>

sc_markt
01-10-2012, 11:10 PM
I'm still amazed at how badly we got jobbed by the refs in that game. Even Troy and Buck were talking about each missed call. The Jennings Juggling TD that shouldn't have been. The Ballard catch that was called out of bounds. But even pass interference calls that were called on us that weren't even there, but we get mugged in the end zone and nothing is called

You know what? I've almost come to accept the scenario that the NY Giants are always going to have a disproportionate amount of bad ref calls go against them as well as lots of injuries.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 11:17 PM
On the NFL network.* I think we match up pretty well against them.

We have the talent.

They are the better team -- 15-1 defending SB champs, but we definitely have a legit shot at this if we play like we have been with our units playing like they are capable of, and healthy.

NYG 5
01-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Sean Payton's got the Giants zeroed in so well, i hope the 49ers take them out. the Packers can't run the ball, but the Saints can put the ball anywhere on the Giants. its scary.

but the Packers.... eh, they're defense isn't that great, their offensive line is average. as long as they don't get gifts, they're beatable.

miked1958
01-10-2012, 11:37 PM
Sean Payton's got the Giants zeroed in so well, i hope the 49ers take them out. the Packers can't run the ball, but the Saints can put the ball anywhere on the Giants. its scary.

but the Packers.... eh, they're defense isn't that great, their offensive line is average. as long as they don't get gifts, they're beatable.
Well I'd love to beat em and get another shot at the saints

GiantWarfare
01-10-2012, 11:49 PM
for some reason, NO is the one team where I feel like we have very little if any shot to beat them.

GB is spectacular but they dont scare me like NO...

Just in case we do pull off the upset this wknd, I hope Frisco takes the Saints out...

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 11:58 PM

We have the talent.
</P>

I just watched it as well....the Giants defensive line looked alot tougher v. Falcons.</P>

I'm really thinking the DL can give the Packers more problems than last time around.</P>

pezman1963
01-11-2012, 02:38 AM
The refs cost the giants the game

adversus
01-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Keep in mind the Packers were missing two starting offensive linemen during this game. Including their best linemen, right guard Josh Sitton.

dan1552
01-11-2012, 03:29 AM

We have the talent.
</p>

I just watched it as well....the Giants defensive line looked alot tougher v. Falcons.</p>

I'm really thinking the DL can give the Packers more problems than last time around.</p>

I have to say after watching the game that the CLAY MATTHEWS int was a mental game changer for our guys. Hope and pray that kinda thing doesnt happen again. If it does I hope it doesnt get in the guys heads. 38 yd int TD

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 03:34 AM
The only thing i see as a positive that GB can take from this is home field advantage ... and a couple of injured LBs will be back.

The Packers will have their full compliment of starting offensive linemen available for the first time since week 3. Aaron Rodgers will finally have a legitimate NFL caliber left tackle protecting his blind side. Important, considering the front 4 the Giants will deploy on Sunday. That's as big an advantage to look forward to as playing at home is.