PDA

View Full Version : I think JPP is bringing out the best in his teammates

JMFP2
01-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Nobody is going to replicate JPP's physical skills.....I'm not expecting Rocky Bernard to start doing backflips.</P>

But, I think JPP's crazy motor is pushing his linemates....I just see alot better pursuit from everyone.</P>

pjam84
01-10-2012, 11:11 PM
i agree.

on another note, deon grant has been an unsung hero in that regard. this guy has been a key leader on defense, and has proven to be a great signing.

all year i've been waiting for guys to step up and fill the roles that pierce and strahan filled during our '07 run. guys like grant, canty, pierre paul, rolle and even tuck have done that. even chase blackburn has made a great impact. i'm just so happy with the way the guys are playing together right now.

JJC7301
01-10-2012, 11:18 PM
Nobody is going to replicate JPP's physical skills.....I'm not expecting Rocky Bernard to start doing backflips.</P>

But, I think JPP's crazy motor is pushing his linemates....I just see alot better pursuit from everyone.</P>
+1. Big time agree. Maybe it's got something to do with youthful exuberance as well, but this D needed some new blood in it, and not just a cagey veteran from another team, but a new superstar and that's what they got.

MikeSherrard
01-10-2012, 11:27 PM
Dude...great post...it does seem that his torrid month has sparked the D!!!!!!!!!!

Drystt
01-10-2012, 11:34 PM
This tremendous play is rubbing off on the rest of the defense. He is a spark plug to this defense.

NYCDBS
01-11-2012, 01:07 AM
i agree.

on another note, deon grant has been an unsung hero in that regard. this guy has been a key leader on defense, and has proven to be a great signing.

all year i've been waiting for guys to step up and fill the roles that pierce and strahan filled during our '07 run. guys like grant, canty, pierre paul, rolle and even tuck have done that. even chase blackburn has made a great impact. i'm just so happy with the way the guys are playing together right now.

Never thought id say it but Chase Blackburn may have been the best signing this year... The guy is playing with his hair on fire!!!!

Medisleman
01-11-2012, 06:44 AM
i agree.

Never thought id say it but Chase Blackburn may have been the best signing this year... The guy is playing with his hair on fire!!!!

Blackburn has been Key.. JPP has been playing all out all season, but Blackburn's return has seemed to light a fire under everyone's ***!!!!

brad
01-11-2012, 06:56 AM
Bringing in Blackburn, the return of Boley and to some extent Osi have been the keys to turning the D around, IMO. Not taking anything from JPP, he is quickly becoming the best DE in the league... but one man can't do it all. With the LB's playing better, it is allowing them to do different things in the secondary, and that has made the biggest impact.

egyptian420
01-11-2012, 06:57 AM
It's safe to say our entire team has been coming together at the right time and is starting to looks scary. Defense playing well, offense running the ball again, making our passing attack even more potent, and the leadership and energy are at an all time high.

We need to play our best game this season on Sunday.

jomo
01-11-2012, 07:15 AM

But, I think JPP's crazy motor is pushing his linemates....I just see alot better pursuit from everyone.</P>I agree. That is one of the qualities found in legendary talents. The next decade will be fun to watch.

Spytheweb
01-11-2012, 07:38 AM
JPP is going to lead the NFL in sacks next year.

Mercury
01-11-2012, 07:58 AM
Honestly, I think JPP has been awesome all year, even when Tuck was injured and out, or when he was injured and in.
Moreso, than Blackburn or Osi, the D has really stepped up with Tuck starting to play like his old self. He's the leader of this D and how he plays inspires the others.

They can't double both Tuck and JPP.

Kruunch
01-11-2012, 08:17 AM
Anyone else feel cheated that JPP doesn't do a backflip when he sacks someone?

It's like the combine was false advertising!

GameTime
01-11-2012, 08:46 AM

</P>

Not only that but Tuck has been playing better and say what you want he is a leader on that team and when the leader has is head in the game and plaghing well it means a lot. Also Osi is back in too. When all the peices are in place the whole team gets pumped up. Look at what Eli and TC said about the 3rd and short and 4th and 1 defensive stops did for the moral of the whole team...</P>

Its chemistry and they are pulling it together at the right time it seems.</P>

Bigbluereckingcrew
01-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Agreed with all being said....BTW who drafted him.....Reese....cant wait see what he brings in next draft

RonJon
01-11-2012, 09:40 AM
and Phil Simms said Sunday that Giant fans should be very excited about the return of Marvin Austin next year, as he is another very good pass rusher

BigBlue2010
01-11-2012, 09:47 AM
I disagree. JPP has been consistently good all season. The biggest reason for our current play is Antrell calling out his lazy teammates.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
Agreed with all being said....BTW who drafted him.....Reese....cant wait see what he brings in next draft</P>

Forget the draft -- after Cruz, Hynoski, and Ballard I can't wait to see what undrafted FAs he brings in.</P>