PDA

View Full Version : NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 10:41 AM
NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away
Teammates rip franchise QB, say he's 'lazy' and 'content'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-players-bash-mark-sanchez-peyton-manning-gm-mike-tannenbaum-trade-young-quarterback-article-1.1004395#ixzz1jA1x6YZh

Sorry my link feature is not enabled.

egyptian420
01-11-2012, 10:44 AM
Amani Toomer was just on Mike and Mike talking about that and about the state of the Giants

TuckYou
01-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Well, he is a USC QB. Barkley is going to be the same way. Those QBs go to USC for the fame and glammer, not to play football. I was hoping Barkley would come out this season and the Skins would draft him. He is going to be another lazy QB out of USC. Party boys.

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 10:50 AM
Great to hear

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 11:00 AM
That is completely hysterical to me. Rex Ryan has lost complete control of his cry baby team.

That is so typical for this team. How pathetic. The Met's don't even do that type of crap.

GameTime
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Rex runs a great team. Everybody want ot coach and play for Rex. Its such a loose and supportive atmosphere.</FONT></P>

Bottom line....winning is better than losing. Just ask the Giants players who said they would like to play for Rex in the begining of this season. Ask who they want to play for now.</P>

TC and the Giants organization are head and shoulders above the Jets org. They wish they coul dhave the respect the Giants have in the NFL and in this tri state area. </P>

Doesnt Rex get it....they will always be the little annoying brother.....always.....</P>

</P>

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 11:11 AM
<FONT color=#ff0000>Rex runs a great team. Everybody want ot coach and play for Rex. Its such a loose and supportive atmosphere.</FONT></P>

Bottom line....winning is better than losing. Just ask the Giants players who said they would like to play for Rex in the begining of this season. Ask who they want to play for now.</P>

TC and the Giants organization are head and shoulders above the Jets org. They wish they coul dhave the respect* the Giants have in the NFL and in this tri state area. </P>

Doesnt Rex get it....they will always be the little annoying brother.....always.....</P>

*</P>Absolutely, they will play second fiddle to the class and integrity of the New York Giants for a long time. The lack of control by Rex and the teams antics are laughable. Rex better put a lid on this immediately. This type of thing will divide a locker room and create a mutiny. They will be destined for failure next year. What a joke!

GOBIGBLUE52
01-11-2012, 11:17 AM
It wouldn't surprise me if the Jets are worse next year than they were this year. Didn't Rex say in his crying end of season meeting that they needed to be a team? This ain't doing it. He's lost control.

Firenugget
01-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Peyton isn't going to the Jets. If he does get released the Jets wouldn't even be able to afford him, nevermind the fact that Eli is playing in the same city. Not happening Jets.

Keep your crappy QB and your crappy coach.

jhamburg
01-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Peyton isn't going to the Jets. If he does get released the Jets wouldn't even be able to afford him, nevermind the fact that Eli is playing in the same city. Not happening Jets.

I think it's pretty clear Peyton is gone though...Drafting Andrew Luck, firing the Polians, the writing is on the wall.

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM

I think it's pretty clear Peyton is gone though...Drafting Andrew Luck, firing the Polians, the writing is on the wall.Peyton is def not going to Jet's. After all that Peyton has done for the colts, It would be a class act to keep him on as quarterback coach. Let Peyton groom Luck for greatness. Peyton has nothing left to prove, the hall is waiting for him.

stormblue
01-11-2012, 11:30 AM
i don't care who their QB is........

just make sure they pay their half of the rent on time.

Redeyejedi
01-11-2012, 11:39 AM
I dont see Peyton wanting to play for that team and that coach

bigblue58
01-11-2012, 11:53 AM
To ruminate that Peyton Manning would ever even consider being a NY Jest, is just one more atypical gasbag theory of the forever clueless idiots known as the NY MEDIA!!

MikeIsaGiant
01-11-2012, 12:07 PM
Peyton stays in Indy, I doubt he leaves

OrangeGiant
01-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Well, a team is an extention of it's coach. When you have a coach who is continually running his mouth about anything and everything, you're going to have players who aren't afraid to voice their opinions either. They have another season next year like this year and they will be saying the same things about him.</P>

What a joke little brother has become. Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing. Makes me even more happy I am Giants fan.</P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Gee, remember this summer when Sanchez was handing out door prizes at this workouts and getting huge crowds and everyone was criticizing Eli for having hardly anyone show up at his workouts?

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 12:39 PM
Well, a team is an extention of it's coach. When you have a coach who is continually running his mouth about anything and everything, you're going to have players who aren't afraid to voice their opinions either. They have another season next year like this year and they will be saying the same things about him.</P>

What a joke little brother has become. Absolutely ridiculous and embarrassing. Makes me even more happy I am Giants fan.</P>

Great Post

BlueReign
01-11-2012, 12:40 PM
Here's to a fire sale and another 10 years of rebuilding for the Jets [B]

pjam84
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
Well, he is a USC QB. Barkley is going to be the same way. Those QBs go to USC for the fame and glammer, not to play football. I was hoping Barkley would come out this season and the Skins would draft him. He is going to be another lazy QB out of USC. Party boys.

you obviously know nothing about matt barkley. i hate when people talk about things they don't know about. barkley is not leinart.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 12:53 PM
The Jets FO kept Shotts on as OC; weakend the OL; went away from the run; and brought in 3 malcontents or past-their-prime WRs and everyone's dumping on Sanchez who just finished his 3rd year in the NFL? I'd want Peyton Manning too, but give me a break.

FourthAndOne
01-11-2012, 01:07 PM
The article doesn't really mention any names. It could be possible that all the quotes are just from one or two people *cough Holmes, Burress. Just a thought.

It's kind of sad to see how the Jets went from two straight AFC Championship games to seemingly being on the brink of collapse.

MattMeyerBud
01-11-2012, 01:07 PM
NY Jets players bash Mark Sanchez, say they want Peyton Manning and GM Mike Tannenbaum should trade young quarterback away
Teammates rip franchise QB, say he's 'lazy' and 'content'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-players-bash-mark-sanchez-peyton-manning-gm-mike-tannenbaum-trade-young-quarterback-article-1.1004395#ixzz1jA1x6YZh

Sorry my link feature is not enabled.

and i want Angelina Jolie to take a ride on my disco stick

GameTime
01-11-2012, 01:13 PM

I think it's pretty clear Peyton is gone though<FONT color=#000080 size=4>...Drafting Andrew Luck</FONT>, firing the Polians, the writing is on the wall.</P>

when the **** did that happen????????</P>

seriously though. I and I am sure many other would lose respet for Peyton if he was to sign with the Jets. Cant see him playing for the organization at all. I also cant see him stepping on Eli's turf so to speak....</P>

He would be a **** head if he signed with the Jets....</P>

Firenugget
01-11-2012, 01:23 PM

I think it's pretty clear Peyton is gone though...Drafting Andrew Luck, firing the Polians, the writing is on the wall.

I'm not convinced they'll keep him either. The only thing I'm about 99% certain of is that he won't end up on the Jets.

Joe Morrison
01-11-2012, 01:29 PM

I'm not convinced they'll keep him either. The only thing I'm about 99% certain of is that he won't end up on the Jets.
</P>

Sanchez played on year at USC and won a championship, if I'm not mistaken McElroy played for 3 years at Bama and won a championship.</P>

They probably have a good qb in there already and if they let the two compete Sanchez might find his walking papers.</P>

He just has not shown he can put the ball in there when the coverage is tight, the only play he seems to be comfortable with is the play action, turn around and wing the slant, other than that he struggles.</P>

He will be tested this off season for sure.</P>

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 01:34 PM

How are you and everybody in here so certain he won't be a Jet?

Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it.

If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.

gumby742
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Speaking of Peyton I'm really curious to know what really happened with the Polians. They were really good front office people. I'm guessing a power struggle up top. They wanted to hold onto Peyton and the current team. And the Colts wanted to rebuild.

Firenugget
01-11-2012, 01:40 PM

Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it.

If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.

Beeecauuuse it's not up to any of the players or Rex.... Why the hell would Peyton come to the Jets of all places? If let go he has about 26-28 teams that would sacrifice their mothers to sign him. He's not coming to a crap org like the Jets.

ny06
01-11-2012, 01:42 PM

How are you and everybody in here so certain he won't be a Jet? Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it. If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.</P>

There are numerous reasons why people feel he won't be a Jet. </P>

First can you see Peyton playing for a coach like Rex Ryan?</P>

Second, do you think Peyton would want to play in the same city his little brother plays in? Dont be fooled, the Manning's are a close nit family, and I think they would all talk about the pro's and con's of leaving Indy. </P>

And lastly, what do the Jets have that the colts would want? If any team wants to get Peyton they will have to give a kings ransom, doesn't matter his age or his neck injury. We're talking about Peyton Manning. </P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Speaking of Peyton I'm really curious to know what really happened with the Polians. They were really good front office people. I'm guessing a power struggle up top. They wanted to hold onto Peyton and the current team. And the Colts wanted to rebuild.

I follow a lot of Indy blogs, and the feeling is that Bill wanted to give control to his son Chris and that Chris wasn't the same kind of GM that Bill was. Can't fire the son without letting both go. The fans were very unhappy with the Polians ever since Bill made the decision to sit the players at 14-0. Seemed to be a lot of behind the scenes conflicts the past couple of years. The local media couldn't stand the Polians or their interactions with them. One wrote about the reign of fear being over. So, it could be the Peyton decision didn't weigh in.

jhamburg
01-11-2012, 01:46 PM

I think it's pretty clear Peyton is gone though<FONT color=#000080 size=4>...Drafting Andrew Luck</FONT>, firing the Polians, the writing is on the wall.</P>

when the **** did that happen????????</P>

seriously though. I and I am sure many other would lose respet for Peyton if he was to sign with the Jets. Cant see him playing for the organization at all. I also cant see him stepping on Eli's turf so to speak....</P>

He would be a **** head if he signed with the Jets....</P>

Well nothing is set in stone obviously but they are reportedly locked in to drafting Luck. "Sources" can always be wrong but I'd give 5/1 odds they take Luck.

giantsfan420
01-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Call me crazy but feel signing plex has led the jets to the state they are in now. I made a thread after rexs post game presser on the Monday following miami loss where he reflected on the failure of the season. Now I argued that while rex didn't out and out say it was bc of plex, but I inferred it bc of his "for whatever reason this team was much diff. Than the past two" and I felt he was saying it was plex.

Then u get the jets backup qb from bama saying that there were players who cared about stats and not winning and that when they lost players were happy bc they did well individually. Well he's a backup qb, where do u think he's situated in the locker room? With the wrs and other members of the offense. The guy, his name slips me right now, was imo clearly singling out plex.

I think the tumor that started out as plex has now become a cancer reaching holmes and other players, whom prior to this year, LOVED sanchez and went to war for him. Sanchez is a limited qb, but he proved he can win in the playoffs which is huge for a qb. Now,because plex and holmes don't look like stars when the jets win, would rather look like stars when they lose.

U guys think peyton would even step foot in ur locker room???? That team is a mess, rex has gotta do something quick otherwise if u decide sanchez is ur guy, his confidence and trust will not be there at all and winning will become a distant memory.

So happy reese didn't sign plex

repeatchamps

How are you and everybody in here so certain he won't be a Jet? Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it. If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.</P>

Lol there's no chance of it happening. He will not come here with Eli on the Giants. That fact alone is all it takes for it to not happen. Anyone that believes it will happen is delusional. Not happening folks, get over it.</P>

Ruttiger711
Speaking of Peyton I'm really curious to know what really happened with the Polians. They were really good front office people. I'm guessing a power struggle up top. They wanted to hold onto Peyton and the current team. And the Colts wanted to rebuild.</P>

</P>

Seems like the the logical assumption. Probably betting they can have their pick of GM's with Luck as bait.</P>

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 01:51 PM
So i'm assuming people can get into the head of Peyton and figure out what he thinks.

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton wants to play for Rex. It will put less pressure on Rex so he can pay more attention to his defense and let Peyton handle the O.

I do not know the compensation that the Jets have to give up but you sure sound confident they don't have anything. But haven't brought to our attention why they can't.

Hypothetically, if they do have the pieces, it's a no brainer for the Jets.

Firenugget
01-11-2012, 01:53 PM
So i'm assuming people can get into the head of Peyton and figure out what he thinks.<font size="5"><u>

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton wants to play for Rex. It will put less pressure on Rex so he can pay more attention to his defense</u></font> and let Peyton handle the O.

I do not know the compensation that the Jets have to give up but you sure sound confident they don't have anything. But haven't brought to our attention why they can't.

So your logic is that Peyton will come to the Jets so he can help Rex....Alrighty then.

repeatchamps
01-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Call me crazy but feel signing plex has led the jets to the state they are in now. I made a thread after rexs post game presser on the Monday following miami loss where he reflected on the failure of the season. Now I argued that while rex didn't out and out say it was bc of plex, but I inferred it bc of his "for whatever reason this team was much diff. Than the past two" and I felt he was saying it was plex. Then u get the jets backup qb from bama saying that there were players who cared about stats and not winning and that when they lost players were happy bc they did well individually. Well he's a backup qb, where do u think he's situated in the locker room? With the wrs and other members of the offense. The guy, his name slips me right now, was imo clearly singling out plex. I think the tumor that started out as plex has now become a cancer reaching holmes and other players, whom prior to this year, LOVED sanchez and went to war for him. Sanchez is a limited qb, but he proved he can win in the playoffs which is huge for a qb. Now,because plex and holmes don't look like stars when the jets win, would rather look like stars when they lose. U guys think peyton would even step foot in ur locker room???? That team is a mess, rex has gotta do something quick otherwise if u decide sanchez is ur guy, his confidence and trust will not be there at all and winning will become a distant memory. So happy reese didn't sign plex</P>

Maybe Plaxico was a plant by the Giants to sabotage the Jets, lol! Perhaps Mara and Tisch were sick of hearing the Jets organization mouth off about how they own NY and they sent Plax over there to terrorize and divide the team.[;)]</P>

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
So i'm assuming people can get into the head of Peyton and figure out what he thinks.<font size="5"><u>

I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton wants to play for Rex. It will put less pressure on Rex so he can pay more attention to his defense</u></font> and let Peyton handle the O.

So your logic is that Peyton will come to the Jets so he can help Rex....Alrighty then.
No, it means he can control more of the offense and let Rex who is defensive minded focus more on that, genius.

repeatchamps
01-11-2012, 01:57 PM
So i'm assuming people can get into the head of Peyton and figure out what he thinks. I wouldn't be surprised if Peyton wants to play for Rex. It will put less pressure on Rex so he can pay more attention to his defense and let Peyton handle the O. I do not know the compensation that the Jets have to give up but you sure sound confident they don't have anything. But haven't brought to our attention why they can't. Hypothetically, if they do have the pieces, it's a no brainer for the Jets.</P>

You just keep ignoring the issue of Eli being with the Giants. He may want to play for Rex he may love everything about him and how the team is run, doubt it but who knows maybe you are right. </P>

Problem is it doesn't matter. Eli on the Giants is the issue Peyton won't be able to get passed and that is why Peyton will not be the Jets QB.</P>

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Lol there's no chance of it happening. He will not come here with Eli on the Giants. That fact alone is all it takes for it to not happen. Anyone that believes it will happen is delusional. Not happening folks, get over it.</P>Eli being on the Giants has nothing to do with Peyton going to the Jets.

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 01:58 PM

Lol there's no chance of it happening. He will not come here with Eli on the Giants. That fact alone is all it takes for it to not happen. Anyone that believes it will happen is delusional. Not happening folks, get over it.</P>Eli being on the Giants has nothing to do with Peyton going to the Jets.

repeatchamps
01-11-2012, 01:59 PM

Lol there's no chance of it happening. He will not come here with Eli on the Giants. That fact alone is all it takes for it to not happen. Anyone that believes it will happen is delusional. Not happening folks, get over it.</P>

Eli being on the Giants has nothing to do with Peyton going to the Jets.</P>

You are delusional then and there is no helping you understand why Eli being on the Giants has everything to do with Peyton notcoming to the Jets. Oh and don't say a trade gives Peyton no choice. He will have a choice because the Colts will give him a choice in a trade scenario.</P>

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 02:05 PM
Call me crazy but feel signing plex has led the jets to the state they are in now. I made a thread after rexs post game presser on the Monday following miami loss where he reflected on the failure of the season. Now I argued that while rex didn't out and out say it was bc of plex, but I inferred it bc of his "for whatever reason this team was much diff. Than the past two" and I felt he was saying it was plex. Then u get the jets backup qb from bama saying that there were players who cared about stats and not winning and that when they lost players were happy bc they did well individually. Well he's a backup qb, where do u think he's situated in the locker room? With the wrs and other members of the offense. The guy, his name slips me right now, was imo clearly singling out plex. I think the tumor that started out as plex has now become a cancer reaching holmes and other players, whom prior to this year, LOVED sanchez and went to war for him. Sanchez is a limited qb, but he proved he can win in the playoffs which is huge for a qb. Now,because plex and holmes don't look like stars when the jets win, would rather look like stars when they lose. U guys think peyton would even step foot in ur locker room???? That team is a mess, rex has gotta do something quick otherwise if u decide sanchez is ur guy, his confidence and trust will not be there at all and winning will become a distant memory. So happy reese didn't sign plex</P>

</P>

You're crazy! :) </P>

I dont know - In your reasoning I could substitute Holmes for Plex and find it more believeable.It was McElroy whos their backup qb...and i dont see how he'sCLEARLY talking aboutPlaxico. </P>

There's only one player on that team who will stop everything the team is doing to make sure the world sees his self-congratulatory 1st down celebration and thats Holmes. </P>

I think it was last year's playoffs... the Jets are trying to run the hurry-up but they cant because Holmes is doing his stupid first down pose.... </P>

... no way Peyton wants to walk into that. </P>

fansince69
01-11-2012, 02:55 PM
The problem I see with this thread is that everyone seems to thik this will involve a trade...Peyton is owed like a 20 million roster bonus on march 8th....If the colts are committed to Luck....They are NOT going to pay Peyton too...I believe Peyton gets released cause of money and will be free to sign with anyone....IT WILL NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS BE THE JETS...

.My thought would be a team that is a QB away from a Superbowl....49ers?

Or a team with warm weather ( he is getting older and has bad neck)Miami maybe? they have an owner that wants to spend money.

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 02:59 PM
The problem I see with this thread is that everyone seems to thik this will involve a trade...Peyton is owed like a 20 million roster bonus on march 8th....If the colts are committed to Luck....They are NOT going to pay Peyton too...I believe Peyton gets released cause of money and will be free to sign with anyone....IT WILL NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS BE THE JETS...

Or a team with warm weather ( he is getting older and has bad neck)Miami maybe? they have an owner that wants to spend money.
</P>

Haha - Now this is a reason the Jets would sell the farm to get Manning... just to keep him out of Miami. </P>

fansince69
01-11-2012, 03:02 PM

</p>

Haha - Now this is a reason the Jets would sell the farm to get Manning... just to keep him out of Miami. </p>
it will not come down to money....Peyton will not compete against Eli for the back page.....they support each other completely..They would never do that to each other....if you think they will you really do not see the connection between these 2

Ruttiger711
01-11-2012, 03:05 PM

</P>

Haha - Now this is a reason the Jets would sell the farm to get Manning... just to keep him out of Miami. </P>

it will not come down to money....Peyton will not compete against Eli for the back page.....they support each other completely..They would never do that to each other....if you think they will you really do not see the connection between these 2
</P>

More of a comment on the Jets stupidity... I dont see Peyton ever coming to New York 100% because of Eli.</P>

</P>

Kase-1
01-11-2012, 03:25 PM
It would be a smart idea for the Jets to make a play for a REAL QB, cause as we all see Sanchez is a career backup. Peyton would be great for them, but I dont see Peyton playing for that kind of organization.

They COULD make a play in the draft and trade the farm for Luck or RG3

repeatchamps
01-11-2012, 03:29 PM
It would be a smart idea for the Jets to make a play for a REAL QB, cause as we all see Sanchez is a career backup. Peyton would be great for them, but I dont see Peyton playing for that kind of organization.

They COULD make a play in the draft and trade the farm for Luck or RG3
</P>

It is simpler than Peyton not wanting to play for an organization like the Jets. As long as Eli is a Giant, Peyton won't come to the Jets. It really is that simple.</P>

GameTime
01-11-2012, 03:39 PM

while he would bring credibility to the Jets he would discredit himself. No way he plays for the Jets....no way.</P>

TrueBlue@NYC
01-11-2012, 03:47 PM
Although this article was on the Daily News website, it's very concerning that it sites multiple anonymous sources. Especially anonymous "team sources" or "member of the organization" since that could mean the guy interviewed some intern or ball boy on the team. </P>

This is especially concerning after reading the wording in alot of the quotes used. They sound much more like something a fan would say rather than a team scout or executive or player. </P>

NYSPORTS
01-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Why the heck would Manning want to go to the Jets?

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
Why the heck would Manning want to go to the Jets?</P>

I guess that he wants to play outside in the cold with his bad neck, in the same division as Belicheck and Brady . . . . </P>

GiantWarfare
01-11-2012, 04:32 PM
trouble in Jetsland huh?

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/126/54977483.gif

SweetZombieJesus
01-11-2012, 06:16 PM

A) Peyton wants to play for a class organization (he helped steer Eli away from San Diego and to NYG). The Jets continue to show themselves as utterly classless.

B) He will NOT put himself in Eli's backyard. He just wouldn't invite that kind of circus and make things uncomfortable for his little brother. He will not go to the Jets and he will not go to the NFC East.

Although it would make it possible for them to hang out together more often...

GameTime
01-11-2012, 06:22 PM
How are you and everybody in here so certain he won't be a Jet? Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it. If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.

A) Peyton wants to play for a class organization (he helped steer Eli away from San Diego and to NYG). The Jets continue to show themselves as utterly classless.

B) He will NOT put himself in Eli's backyard. He just wouldn't invite that kind of circus and make things uncomfortable for his little brother. He will not go to the Jets and he will not go to the NFC East.

</P>

It would be uncomfortable for Peyton too....</P>

Especially when the Giants are the class of the town.Peyton would be the "little brother" then.....lol</P>

Gianthunter
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
How are you and everybody in here so certain he won't be a Jet? Players are already pushing for it. Rex knows he can't have another disasterous season or he might be gone. They might make a push for Peyton and I wouldn't doubt it. If he is healthy he probably has a few more solid years ahead of him. He can bring instant credibility to the team and players will respect him. The Jets going after Peyton makes perfect sense.

A) he did not</P>

B) Rex</P>

SweetZombieJesus
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Call me crazy but feel signing plex has led the jets to the state they are in now. I made a thread after rexs post game presser on the Monday following miami loss where he reflected on the failure of the season. Now I argued that while rex didn't out and out say it was bc of plex, but I inferred it bc of his "for whatever reason this team was much diff. Than the past two"

The team has had a lot of turnover in each of Rex's 3 years because they keep bringing in last-chance retreads. I think you're putting too much emphasis on Plax -- Holmes was clearly a locker room problem and he was benched as their season bled out. The Jets exiled Derick Mason mid-season for disrespecting Rex. The backup QB criticizes the team and you think it's the WRs he's talking about? Guess again, it's the guy ahead of him on the depth chart. This team has a bunch of bad parts not just one. Plax is only one of many bad chemicals in the potion that is the 2011 Jets.

SweetZombieJesus
01-11-2012, 06:27 PM

A) he did not</p>

B) Rex</p>

A) Yes he did (it was revealed in the last year or two that Peyton and Ryan Leaf became friends during the 98 draft and talked once a week or more and compared notes on the Colts and Chargers' methods of doing business -- and what he learned about San Diego made him advise his father and brother not do hook up with them).

B) So what? Wrecks Cryan is as much of a detriment as he is an ASSet.

Gianthunter
01-11-2012, 06:34 PM

A) he did not</P>

B) Rex</P>

A) Yes he did (it was revealed in the last year or two that Peyton and Ryan Leaf became friends during the 98 draft and talked once a week or more and compared notes on the Colts and Chargers' methods of doing business -- and what he learned about San Diego made him advise his father and brother not do hook up with them).

B) So what?
A Archie had the knowledge from NFL GMs and players.</P>

B Peyton will not go to a dysfunctional team.</P>

C Two Mannings in the same market dilutes the product.*trump</P>