PDA

View Full Version : Arron Rodgers Quote he has made over and over during season

miked1958
01-11-2012, 10:40 AM
"I DONT THROW INTERCEPTIONS&gt; I JUST DONT THROW TO THE OTHER TEAM&lt; PERIOD&lt; NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL"</P>

</P>

Well that is true to an extent. He threw 2INTs in 2nd half of NFC Title game to bears even though they won. </P>

He is great under pressure and has backed up that Statement pretty much all season. </P>

However, I want to wipe that smug smile off of his face this Sunday. I want us to beat him up, knock him down, cause fumbles and YES. PICK HIM OFF.</P>

I think we get 3picks off the FLAWLESS AR this Sunday due to him rushing the ball because of not having the time he usually gets in the pocket and maybe off of a couple tipped balls at the line</P>

lttaylor56
01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
If we can bat down balls aka, the Jet's game we will be in good shape.

Rodgers prefers to throw to the sidelines. I think that has something to do with his int %. I can't recall stats %, but last time we played he favored the sidelines significantly over throwing in the middle.

TuckYou
01-11-2012, 10:52 AM
We had a MLB picked up off the couch get an INT off him last time we played. Chase is the man.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 10:54 AM
If Urlacher doesn't get tackled by Rodgers on his INT, that game is totally different. Now, of course Rodgers did tackle him, and GB went on to win but that game was 1 tackle away from being very, very different.

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 11:05 AM
Rodgers is a beast but the system is perfect for him. He had a knack to hold onto the ball forever now he's the perfect west coast passer. He is still a solid QB but I think the Giants need to press on these WR and blitz often.

He might shred us but its a chance I would take.

miked1958
01-11-2012, 11:06 AM
I like the fact that with Boley back and with J. Williams stepping up, Kiwi, and yes Chase our LB corps went from one of the worst in the NFL to one that has gotten the job done. </P>

I think if we continue to get to the QB, we dont ness have to SACK him, but get to him like we did brady, sack him some but more impt KNOCK HIM on his butt time after time and make him rust throws then you will see our LBs and Secondary making plays and getting picks. I think people will be really surprised when this game is over.</P>

GIANTS BY 21</P>

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 11:08 AM
"I DONT THROW INTERCEPTIONS&gt; I JUST DONT THROW TO THE OTHER TEAM&lt; PERIOD&lt; NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL"</P>

</P>

Well that is true to an extent. He threw 2INTs in 2nd half of NFC Title game to bears even though they won. </P>

He is great under pressure and has backed up that Statement pretty much all season. </P>

However, I want to wipe that smug smile off of his face this Sunday. I want us to beat him up, knock him down, cause fumbles and YES. PICK HIM OFF.</P>

I think we get 3picks off the FLAWLESS AR this Sunday due to him rushing the ball because of not having the time he usually gets in the pocket and maybe off of a couple tipped balls at the line</P>

</P>

That is a quote from Rodgers? Please provide a link. </P>

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 11:11 AM
rewatching the game from Dec 4th, our pass rush definitely effected Rodgers. He is normally very accurate and a few open guys were missed because he rushed. GB still put up 31 points on offense though, our pass rush was ok last game, it needs to be much better on Sunday. With Osi back and a healthy/fired up Tuck I think it will.

burier
01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
"I DONT THROW INTERCEPTIONS> I JUST DONT THROW TO THE OTHER TEAM< PERIOD< NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL"</P>

*</P>

</P>

That is a quote from Rodgers?* Please provide a link.** </P>

The quote is actually "I don't LIKE to throw to the other team"

Can't remember when he said it.

Gunakor
01-11-2012, 11:27 AM
rewatching the game from Dec 4th, our pass rush definitely effected Rodgers. He is normally very accurate and a few open guys were missed because he rushed. GB still put up 31 points on offense though, our pass rush was ok last game, it needs to be much better on Sunday. With Osi back and a healthy/fired up Tuck I think it will.

I think you're right.

But we'll get our offensive line back too. Josh Sitton and Chad Clifton were not active when we last played. We'll have all 5 starters we began the season with available for the first time since early October. So the hope on our side is that we now have the bodies to slow down that rush somewhat. It's gonna be fun to watch, that's for sure.

TrueBlue07
01-11-2012, 11:38 AM

I think you're right.

But we'll get our offensive line back too. Josh Sitton and Chad Clifton were not active when we last played. We'll have all 5 starters we began the season with available for the first time since early October. So the hope on our side is that we now have the bodies to slow down that rush somewhat. It's gonna be fun to watch, that's for sure.

This may sound like homerism, but honestly, with no attempted disrespect to the Packers OL, I am not overly concerned with who ever they have out there. The Packers have huge advantages over us in several areas, but our pass rush has gone up against some very stout blockers and was not effected. To try and relate it from a Packers perspective, are you worried about who Matthews has to face? Probably not. He is so good that he's probably going to make his impact felt on this game no matter what.

Honestly, as a Giants fan, if we want to believe we have any shot to win this game, we have to believe our DL will be a force. Otherwise we are toast. I understand if you think I'm crazy though.

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 11:47 AM

</P>

</P>

The quote is actually "I don't LIKE to throw to the other team" Can't remember when he said it.</P>

That makes a lot more sense . . . . I was surprised that Rodgers would say what the OP quoted . . . . </P>

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
I think Rodgers is 100% class and that quote is being miscontrued like JPP's "guarantee." He just has confidence in his own abilities. That's all.

GameTime
01-11-2012, 12:10 PM
I think Rodgers is 100% class and that quote is being miscontrued like JPP's "guarantee." He just has confidence in his own abilities. That's all.</P>

The guy is and has been on fire. Its going to take more than just pressure from the Giants Dline to effect their game....</P>

burier
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
"I DONT THROW INTERCEPTIONS> I JUST DONT THROW TO THE OTHER TEAM< PERIOD< NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL"</P>

*</P>

</P>

The quote is actually "I don't LIKE to throw to the other team" Can't remember when he said it.</P>

That makes a lot more sense . . . . I was surprised that Rodgers would say what the OP quoted . . . . </P>

lol nah Rogers wouldn't imply that he never throws and INT. He'd sound like a complete tool.

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 12:21 PM
I think Rodgers is 100% class and that quote is being miscontrued like JPP's "guarantee." He just has confidence in his own abilities. That's all.</P>

The guy is and has been on fire. Its going to take more than just pressure from the Giants Dline to effect their game....</P>

</P>

Agreed. The entire D better be playing like their butts are on fire like they have been and our O had better to continue to produce. We're past the 2nd echelon teams like the Falcs. We're playing with the big boys the rest of the way.</P>

burier
01-11-2012, 12:24 PM
I think Rodgers is 100% class and that quote is being miscontrued like JPP's "guarantee."* He just has confidence in his own abilities.* That's all.</P>

lol He's not superman. No QB can complete passes from his back.

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 12:28 PM

</P>

</P>

lol nah Rogers wouldn't imply that he never throws and INT. He'd sound like a complete tool.</P>

I can't stand threads like this that are based entirely upon the OP's inability to read . . . . </P>

miked1958
01-11-2012, 05:06 PM

</P>

</P>

lol nah Rogers wouldn't imply that he never throws and INT. He'd sound like a complete tool.</P>

I can't stand threads like this that are based entirely upon the OP's inability to read . . . . </P>

</P>

it wasnt a written quote. It was an interview on tv on espn. he was asked how he explained his 48 tds to almost no INTs. he said i dont like throwing to the other team...well i dont throw to them, never have at any level and never will. Its just something I dont do. and he said it with a smirk and an aire about him that was very ****y. </P>

Take for what its worth but he did say it. cant provide a link cause it was on TV </P>

GameTime
01-11-2012, 05:18 PM

lol He's not superman. No QB can complete passes from his back.</P>

the problem with that is he actually has to be on his back. Thats the plan but will it happen.</P>

The Giants D needs to put big time pressure not just sacks. If there is no constant pressure then a few sacks wont mean ****.....</P>

bearbryant
01-11-2012, 05:25 PM
Hey guys, it's simple. Regardless if you like rodgers or not, if we put pressure on him he will tend to make worse throws, make worse decisions and put his team in jeopody. I think rodgers is a very good QB but our D already showed that it can bring pressure to him and that was whenour D wasn't hitting on all 8 cylinders. They are now! Also we have a damn good QB too. He's crawled into the realm of the elite ( I can't believe I'm saying this). I'm looking forward to one of our hawks catching a couple of his throws. Go Giants!!

Itlan
01-11-2012, 05:28 PM
He was 7/21 1 TD 1 INT throwing between the numbers last game. Just food for thought.

dan1552
01-11-2012, 05:44 PM
"I DONT THROW INTERCEPTIONS&gt; I JUST DONT THROW TO THE OTHER TEAM&lt; PERIOD&lt; NEVER HAVE AND NEVER WILL"</p>

</p>

Well that is true to an extent. He threw 2INTs in 2nd half of NFC Title game to bears even though they won. </p>

He is great under pressure and has backed up that Statement pretty much all season. </p>

However, I want to wipe that smug smile off of his face this Sunday. I want us to beat him up, knock him down, cause fumbles and YES. PICK HIM OFF.</p>

I think we get 3picks off the FLAWLESS AR this Sunday due to him rushing the ball because of not having the time he usually gets in the pocket and maybe off of a couple tipped balls at the line</p>

</p>

That is a quote from Rodgers? Please provide a link. </p>

The quote is actually "I don't LIKE to throw to the other team" Can't remember when he said it.</p>

That makes a lot more sense . . . . I was surprised that Rodgers would say what the OP quoted . . . . </p>

lol nah Rogers wouldn't imply that he never throws and INT. He'd sound like a complete tool.</p>

I can't stand threads like this that are based entirely upon the OP's inability to read . . . . </p>

</p>

it wasnt a written quote. It was an interview on tv on espn. he was asked how he explained his 48 tds to almost no INTs. he said i dont like throwing to the other team...well i dont throw to them, never have at any level and never will. Its just something I dont do. and he said it with a smirk and an aire about him that was very ****y. </p>

Take for what its worth but he did say it. cant provide a link cause it was on TV </p>If you rewatch the game you can see the tiny yellow and green broken
heart expression as chase blackburn picks him off.. Wasnt so funnt when
Matthews picke ELI huh Rogers!

NYCDBS
01-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Rodgers is a beast but the system is perfect for him. He had a knack to hold onto the ball forever now he's the perfect west coast passer. He is still a solid QB but I think the Giants need to press on these WR and blitz often.

He might shred us but its a chance I would take.

No way can we Blitz often... We have the second most sacks in the league rushing 4 why would you want to blitz Rodgers of all people. If we can't get pressure with 4 and we blitz often we are done he will absolutely shred our secondary.

Gianthunter
01-11-2012, 06:03 PM
CONTAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weeds123
01-11-2012, 06:51 PM
All QB's get tagged by receivers who develop a case of "sausage fingers". 3 of the 6 INT's charged to Rodgers bounced off of receivers hands ... 2 of those 3 belong to Jermichael Finley who went through a 3 game stretch where he couldn't catch a cold.

For whatever that's worth ... those games don't count anymore. Neither do the 15 wins ... the Giants game against the Falcons doesn't count anymore neither.

GMENAGAIN
01-11-2012, 09:38 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

it wasnt a written quote. It was an interview on tv on espn. he was asked how he explained his 48 tds to almost no INTs. he said i dont like throwing to the other team...well i dont throw to them, never have at any level and never will. Its just something I dont do. and he said it with a smirk and an aire about him that was very ****y. </P>

Take for what its worth but he did say it. cant provide a link cause it was on TV </P>

</P>

BS</P>

Montesdaddy
01-11-2012, 09:54 PM
I beleive this game will rest on our o-line. If they play well we win this going away if not it could go either way. I know the Giants have a great front four but I'm confident in our o-line now that they are healthy and have dominated the line the last 2 games.

As far as blitzing Rodgers, I think his carrer rating against the blitz is something like 130. He usually knows who's coming and who will be open before the snap, he's tough to beat that way. If you can get there with four thats a different story.

Interceptions? He will not throw more than one and I'd be surprised if he threw any. He just doesn't put the ball in risky spots too often.

pjam84
01-11-2012, 09:55 PM

*</P>

</P>

I can't stand threads like this that are based entirely upon the OP's inability to read . . . .* </P>

</P>

</P>

BS</P>

i don't doubt that he said that. but i think it's being misinterpreted here. rodgers has always been a little arrogant, but not really in a bad way. in a way like, i'd want that ****ing guy on my team. fortunately we have eli, so we don't need him. but i'm sure there's about 28 or so other teams that would kill to have him.

but yeah. stupid thread. kinda like whining about a jpp's guarantee.

it's was probably a smug answer to a stupid question. like...

reporter: why are your interceptions so low this year aaron?

aaron: oh, because i don't like to throw interceptions. yeah...i don't like to throw to the other team, so i don't do it.

GMENAGAIN
01-12-2012, 09:39 AM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

BS</P>

i don't doubt that he said that. but i think it's being misinterpreted here. rodgers has always been a little arrogant, but not really in a bad way. in a way like, i'd want that ****ing guy on my team. fortunately we have eli, so we don't need him. but i'm sure there's about 28 or so other teams that would kill to have him. but yeah. stupid thread. kinda like whining about a jpp's guarantee. it's was probably a smug answer to a stupid question. like... reporter: why are your interceptions so low this year aaron? aaron: oh, because i don't <FONT size=4>like</FONT> to throw interceptions. yeah...i don't <FONT size=4>like</FONT> to throw to the other team, so i don't do it.</P>

Except that the OP left the words "like" out of the quote that he attributed to Rodgers . . . . With the word "like" properly included in the quote, this thread doesn't exist because the quote is completely innocuous. </P>

miked1958
01-12-2012, 10:04 AM
All QB's get tagged by receivers who develop a case of "sausage fingers". 3 of the 6 INT's charged to Rodgers bounced off of receivers hands ... 2 of those 3 belong to Jermichael Finley who went through a 3 game stretch where he couldn't catch a cold.

For whatever that's worth ... those games don't count anymore. Neither do the 15 wins ... the Giants game against the Falcons doesn't count anymore neither.
</P>

True.. Nothing prior counts. only how the teams play on the field Sunday afternoon. As far as the INTs i can certainly relate to what you are saying about tipped ones. i think Eli had at least 9 last season that WRs should have caught. Not as high this season but i bet 4 or 5 at least of the 16 were tipped. Someone better with stats can correct me, but its been a problem with all 3 of our WRs and even Ballard. They have Tons of Drops too. So as good as that 4 have been, getting us to where we are, i think our record could have been alot better if they were able to catch alot of the balls Eli put on them perfectly. Some of them were in the endzone so we lost several TDs due drops this season. cnt remember which game recently may have been the redskins game where Nicks had everyone beat at about the 10 or 15 yard line and the ball was thrown perfect and he dropped it. He could of walked in. Thats just one exp of many</P>

hungrrrry
01-12-2012, 11:16 AM

*</P>

I think we get 3picks off the FLAWLESS AR this Sunday due to him rushing the ball because of not having the time he usually gets in the pocket and maybe off of a couple tipped balls at the line</P>if we can seal the edge and keep him contained then our guys should be able to get some hits on him and potentially hurry some passes and hopefully we can get a few of them...definately feel the winner of the turnover battle will win.

hungrrrry
01-12-2012, 11:18 AM

*</P>

I think we get 3picks off the FLAWLESS AR this Sunday due to him rushing the ball because of not having the time he usually gets in the pocket and maybe off of a couple tipped balls at the line</P>if we can seal the edge and keep him contained then our guys should be able to get some hits on him and potentially hurry some passes and hopefully we can get a few of them...definately feel the winner of the turnover battle will win.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 09:36 PM

*</P>

</P>

I can't stand threads like this that are based entirely upon the OP's inability to read . . . .* </P>

</P>

</P>

BS</P>

i don't doubt that he said that. but i think it's being misinterpreted here. rodgers has always been a little arrogant, but not really in a bad way. in a way like, i'd want that ****ing guy on my team. fortunately we have eli, so we don't need him. but i'm sure there's about 28 or so other teams that would kill to have him. but yeah. stupid thread. kinda like whining about a jpp's guarantee. it's was probably a smug answer to a stupid question. like... reporter: why are your interceptions so low this year aaron? aaron: oh, because i don't <FONT size=4>like</FONT> to throw interceptions. yeah...i don't <FONT size=4>like</FONT> to throw to the other team, so i don't do it.</P>

Except that the OP left the words "like" out of the quote that he attributed to Rodgers . . . . With the word "like" properly included in the quote, this thread doesn't exist because the quote is completely innocuous.* </P>
Ok.. I know this is water under the bridge and we beat them, but since GmenAgain was so tough on the OP, that being me. Saying that I left out the word "Like" and with it this thread doesnt exist.

He also called the Thread and what i said AR quoted was BS and others said it made more sense to say " I don't like to throw INTs" cause if he said it the way the OP quoted he would be a complete Tool.

Anyway I thought I'd set the record straight. I was rewatching clips and highlights of games on my DVR. Was looking at a tape of ESPN Sports Center at the giants vs pats game from earlier this season. Right before the coverage of the GMen game they had the GB/SD clips.

And low and behold the girl doing the story says and I quote, "Rodgers consistently works to stay away from throwing INTs.. Then It cuts away to AR after the game doing interview and he says......

*******" I JUST DON'T THROW IT TO THE OTHER TEAM" (with a smirk/grin) "DON'T LIKE TO, NEVER HAVE" "AND YOU KNOW I DON'T THINK I AM COMING VERY CLOSE EITHER, THATS BECAUSE OF THE KIND OF GUYS WE HAVE TO THROW TO! AND THE PREPARATION WE PUT IN" *************

So there you have it.. He said pretty much the way I described it almost word for word...

If some of you guys that took part in this thread still don't believe me (GmenAgain, lol, and others) you can go online and look it up if you are good with a computer, u can prob find it..

Details on clip....

ESPN SportsCenter from Monday 11/07/2011 and it aired at midnight. So it prob was from earlier in the nights tape....

BOOM

miked1958
01-17-2012, 09:41 PM
So I guess he is a complete tool like a poster implied...lol

miked1958
01-17-2012, 09:44 PM

*</P>

</P>

I wasn't reading.. Lol. I heard it on ESPN... And I was right about what I heard.
Can you stand the thread now?

Itlan
01-17-2012, 09:45 PM
Shutup.

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:23 PM
Shutup.
It's cool.. ..Not a big deal..forgot all about this thread till I saw that clip a little while ago...

By the way those Pats highlights were sick.. We beat niners I think we take em as good as they are playing now

miked1958
01-17-2012, 10:56 PM
Bump..

GMENAGAIN
01-18-2012, 07:30 AM
Bump..</P>

Why are you bumping a thread that is based entirely on an inaccurate quote????</P>

He didn't say "I don't throw interceptions" . . . which would make him look like an arrogant tool. He said "I don't like to throw interceptions" . . . . which is what any QB in the world would say. </P>

miked1958
01-18-2012, 08:41 AM
Bump..</P>

Why are you bumping a thread that is based entirely on an inaccurate quote????</P>

He didn't say "I don't throw interceptions" . . . which would make him look like an arrogant tool. He said "I don't like to throw interceptions" . . . . which is what any QB in the world would say. </P>

</P>

Well he did add"dont like to, never have".. so you got me there. but saying
"I just dont throw it to the other team" is not the same as "I dont like to throw INTS"..</P>

they he said "i am not even coming close".. so</P>

miked1958
01-18-2012, 08:50 AM
However I will apoligize.. It was not exactly they way wat the OP described it...Correct.. but i think it still was warranted cause of how he said it. He really had a very ****y tone to his voice and his smirking and grinning.. also i will admit i maybe misinterpted his 2nd sentence cause of the way he delivered it. I thought the way he said "dont like to, NEVER HAVE...he meant he Never throws INTs cause of the tone. but now looking back, he could of meant it they way you described it. </P>

so i will stop. this is stupid as you said to even bring it back up... Really when i stumbbled on it i was trying to find a way to get it on here so you guys could see it for yourself how he said it..</P>

But. Onto the Niners...... again sorry about this. The last thing i want to be doing is having a problem with another Giants fan over something this dumb...</P>

If you are a MOD, Please just Delete the Thread....</P>

Again... in a week this big. sorry to bring this back up. but AR is ****y...lol</P>

G-Man67
01-18-2012, 10:03 AM
ha, he doesn't throw INTs b/c he runs so much ... goes back, not there, run ... problem is that later in his career when he can't run anymore ... what's he gonna do? ... take sack after sack or take more chances on throws?