PDA

View Full Version : who was the greatest QB of all time?

cateogry6um
01-11-2012, 06:55 PM
Please have a look and leave feedback!!

http://www.category6um.com/2011/12/28/the-best-nfl-and-um-qbs-of-all-time/

Moss#83
01-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Rodgers lmao

B&RWarrior
01-11-2012, 07:41 PM
Dave Brown- HANDS DOWN!!

brad
01-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Most of the list I would agree with... but Rodgers on that list already? As good as he has been, he hasn't played long enough or accomplished enough to be anywhere on there, especially when his backup can come in and throw 6 TD's in a game. Clearly the talent on that team contributes to his success. Using the same argument used to put Brady as 6 even thought he achieved much more, means that AR shouldn't be there. Not to say that he won't one day....

jomo
01-11-2012, 08:11 PM
This reminds me of the poll that asks who was the greatest US President ever and Ronald Reagan, Bill Clinton and JFKcome out ahead of Washington. lol I wouldn't lie about this.</P>

Tom Brady behind Steve Young and no Bradshaw (no not Ahmad to you younger fans), no Staubach, no Unitas........PLEASE!</P>

</P>

JJC7301
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
Rodgers lmao
He may be having the single best season that a QB has had, but I can't put him at the best ever yet. The best that I've ever seen with my own two eyes was Joe Montana.

fourth&forever
01-11-2012, 08:12 PM
no Unitas, no Starr
Must be a young guy who wrote this.

brad
01-11-2012, 08:13 PM
Rodgers lmao
He may be having the single best season that a QB has had, but I can't put him at the best ever yet. The best that I've ever seen with my own two eyes was Joe Montana.

Absolutely....

ebick
01-11-2012, 08:17 PM
A lot of big names missing from that list.

B&RWarrior
01-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Rodgers lmao

Absolutely....

The success that the backup Matt Flynn had the last week of the season opened my eyes up to how much of a role that offensive system plays in AR's success.

I like Brees better than AR b/c he's had success with 2 different teams in 2 very different systems.Nobody has done more with less than Brady.

AR is the all-time best combination of accuracy and mobility. That alone doesn't catapult him to number one. He needs rings(plural).

smashndash715
01-11-2012, 08:29 PM
Montana hands down

brad
01-11-2012, 08:38 PM
Rodgers lmao

Absolutely....

The success that the backup Matt Flynn had the last week of the season opened my eyes up to how much of a role that offensive system plays in AR's success.

I like Brees better than AR b/c he's had success with 2 different teams in 2 very different systems.Nobody has done more with less than Brady.

AR is the all-time best combination of accuracy and mobility. That alone doesn't catapult him to number one. He needs rings(plural).

I like AR, but even to say that he is the best all time for accuracy and mobility is a stretch, Steve Young was an amazing QB with great mobility.

B&RWarrior
01-11-2012, 08:45 PM
Rodgers lmao

Absolutely....

great point, I can't honestly say he beats Steve Young in both of those departments.

I like AR, but even to say that he is the best all time for accuracy and mobility is a stretch, Steve Young was an amazing QB with great mobility.

miken609
01-11-2012, 09:20 PM

IMO peyton easily. completely changed the way the NFL functioned.

BornLegend
01-11-2012, 09:25 PM
Rodgers lmao
He may be having the single best season that a QB has had, but I can't put him at the best ever yet. The best that I've ever seen with my own two eyes was Joe Montana.1st guy that popped in my head and he played the game when football was football. Him and Rice was the dynamic duo.

krygny
01-11-2012, 09:31 PM
A lot of big names missing from that list.
Favre doesn't belong on that list. NFW

Johnny Unitas does belong on the list and in the top 5.

BornLegend
01-11-2012, 09:32 PM

IMO peyton easily. completely changed the way the NFL functioned.I judge QB's by how clutch they are in pressure situations. For years Peyton was known as a big choker and if it wasn't for him having to face Rex Grossman in the Superbowl, he probably still won't have a ring. I give Brady the nod over Peyton. He beat the greatest show on turf, a red hot Panther team and an explosive Eagles team in those SB's.

Gunakor
01-12-2012, 05:12 AM
Rodgers lmao

Sensible Packers fans even know he has to do it for a few more years to even enter the discussion.

What are the criteria being used? If Championships are to be the most important criteria, it's hard to argue against Otto Graham. In fact, there is no argument. Best in the clutch was Joe Montana, and he has a few rings of his own to list on his resume. Smartest and best field general was Johnny Unitas. Best gunslinger was Brett Favre, but that has as many drawbacks as it does advantages. I don't know. Aaron Rodgers has a chance to be in the discussion if he keeps up this pace for a few more seasons, but he's not there yet.

flamethrower
01-13-2012, 12:37 AM
no Unitas, no Starr
Must be a young guy who wrote this.
Agreed. Unitas showed the NFL what a QB was supposed to do. Starr is also missing. 5 Championships in 7 seasons, and 3 strait. this shows that Who did that top 10 knows nothing about NFL history. My choice easy Unitas.